First dial 011, the U.S. exit code. Next dial 971, the UAE country code. Then dial the 1-digit area code (see sample calling code list below), followed by the 7-digit phone number. Here’s what a U.S. to UAE sample call would look like: 011 + 971 + X + XXX XXXX.
How far is Dubai from the US?
- Distance from United States to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The total distance from United States to Dubai, United Arab Emirates is 7,727 miles. This is equivalent to 12 436 kilometers or 6,715 nautical miles. Your trip begins in the United States.
How do I call a Dubai number?
To call Dubai From India Dial
- 00 – Exit code for India, and is needed for making international calls from any where in India.
- 971 – ISD Code or Country Code of United Arab Emirates.
- 4 – Area Code of Dubai.
How do I call Dubai from my cell phone?
To call Dubai from abroad you need to dial the international country code for United Arab Emirates which is +971 and then you dial the area code followed by the local number. Local numbers are composed of seven digits. When calling an area from abroad, you skip the 0 after dialling the country code.
How do I make a call to UAE?
To call United Arab Emirates from India, dial: 00 – 971 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 00 – 971 – 9 Digit Mobile Number.
Can you call Dubai on Whatsapp?
So it might not be much of a concern to use Whatsapp. Both Skype and Whatsapp are not permitted in Dubai. This is the rule that was bought out in the year 2018. Dubai all the other apps that empower people to get in contact with each other through video or voice calls are considered unauthorized.
How can I call Dubai from USA for free?
Ok, so to call UAE from the U.S., just follow these instructions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 971, the UAE country code.
- Then dial the 1-digit area code (see sample calling code list below), followed by the 7-digit phone number.
Do US cell phones work in Dubai?
Can expats use their own mobile phones in the UAE? You can use your own cell phone provided it is GSM-compatible and unlocked, i.e. not locked onto a specific carrier. Conveniently, this allows you to simply pop in a new SIM card and use your phone on the new network.
How do I make an international call from Dubai?
00 is the international prefix used to dial somewhere outside of United Arab Emirates. 44 is the international code used to dial to United Kingdom. 20 is the local area or city code used to dial to London.
Which app works in Dubai for calling?
BOTIM. The UAE’s most popular video calling app, BOTIM, provides users with the means to make HD video calls and voice calls worldwide. BOTIM lets you send photos, voice messages and videos to friends and family around the globe so you won’t be missing WhatsApp.
How can I call UAE for free?
Take a look below at some video and audio calling apps you can use in the UAE, to keep in contact with your loved ones.
- Botim. Even before the release of the Coronavirus, Botim was used by many, for long distance calling.
- Google Hangouts.
- Microsoft Teams.
- Skype for business.
- Whatsapp Calling.
Can you video call in Dubai?
Or what’s app video calling or Skype? Facetime, WhatsApp, Skype are all blocked in UAE. Some people say they were able to use them, however, these are probably special cases, usually they do not work. Etisalat the main telecom provider in UAE offers BOTIM and C’Me as paid apps that work.
Does Dubai 2021 do FaceTime?
FaceTime isn’t available in the United Arab Emirates. The carrier, not Apple, provides technical support for iPhone in this country or region.
Why WhatsApp call not allowed in Dubai?
The UAE, home to the oil-rich capital of Abu Dhabi and the freewheeling financial hub of Dubai, long has blocked internet calling apps like WhatsApp and FaceTime, presumably due to security concerns and to protect the revenues of its monopoly state-run telecommunication companies.
WhatsApp call in UAE?
WhatsApp, like most free VoIP and messaging services, is blocked in the UAE. This can make it difficult to keep in touch with friends and family back home unless you’re willing to pay for a government-approved service like C’Me or BOTIM.
How to Call Dubai
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates, with a population of over one million people (UAE). Foreigners account for around 80 percent of the city’s population, which means that Dubai is well-connected to nations all over the world. If you’ve never made an international call to Dubai before, it may seem difficult at first, but if you follow a few basic steps, you’ll be up and running in no time.
- 1 Enter the exit code of the country from which you are calling. 2 Press the dialing key. Before making any international calls, it is necessary to dial the country’s exit code. Also known as an international access code, this number is unique to each country and changes from one to the next.
- The exit code 011 should be used for travel to and from the United States, Canada, and the majority of the Caribbean. You should use the exit code 00 if you are traveling to China, Italy, or the United Kingdom. To go to Australia, use the exit code 0011
- Look up all of the other codes on the website
- 2 After entering your country’s exit code, press 9-7-1 immediately. United Arab Emirates (UAE), the nation in which Dubai is situated, has a country code of +971 followed by the letter “A.” Immediately following the entry of your country’s exit code, enter “971.”
- Consider the following example: If you’re calling from the United States, your phone number will appear something like this: 011-971
- s3 To contact a landline, dial the number 4 followed by the phone number’s last seven digits. Before you dial a number, you should determine what type of number you are contacting. Whenever you are dialing a landline number, hit the number 4 first, followed by your phone number. Input the 7-digit landline number you intend to contact directly after that.
- If the phone number you are contacting has seven digits (xxx-xxxxxx), it is a landline
- Otherwise, it is a mobile phone. It will appear something like this when dialing a landline number: 011-971-4-000-0000 (if you are calling from the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean)
- 4 To access a mobile phone, dial the prefix 50, 55, or 56 followed by the 7-digit phone number. In Dubai, mobile numbers are tied with certain operator prefixes. This prefix will be one of the following numbers: 50, 55, or 56. Ideally, it would be included in the mobile phone number that was provided to you.
- If the number has nine digits in length (xx-xxx-xxxxxx), it is a mobile phone number (xx-xxx-xxxxxx). Because the final number for a mobile phone will seem something like this: 011-971-55-000-0000 if you are calling from Canada, the Caribbean, or the United States, the final number for a mobile phone will look something like this: 011-971-55-000-0000.
- 1 Take into consideration the time difference between the United States and other countries. Dubai operates on Gulf Standard Time (UTC + 4), which means that if you’re calling from another time zone, you’ll most likely be calling from a different time zone than you are in. Prevent calling someone at an inconvenient hour by checking the current time in Dubai before you make your phone call.
- Dubai does not observe Daylight Savings Time
- Instead, it observes Standard Time. You can quickly find out what time it is in Dubai by visiting the website
- “UTC” is an abbreviation for Coordinated Universal Time.
- DST (Daylight Saving Time) is not observed in Dubai. UTC is an abbreviation for Coordinated Universal Time, and it is easy to find out what time it is in Dubai at.
- Look into how much your phone provider charges for long-distance calls and compare that rate to the cost of a calling card. Inform yourself about international calling plans offered by your phone carrier to see whether you may save money over time.
- 3 For the sake of convenience, communicate by e-mail or instant messaging. When there are time zone variations, it might be difficult to arrange a time to speak on the phone that is convenient for all parties. Consider conversing with each other over the Internet via e-mail, Facebook Messenger, or another messaging service so that you may react to each other whenever it is most convenient for you both.
- VoIP services such as WhatsApp, Skype, and FaceTime are currently prohibited in the United Arab Emirates.
Create a new question
- Is Botim available for hire in Dubai? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Staff Editors at wikiHow provide an answer to a question. How can I make a free phone call to Dubai? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Staff Editors at wikiHow provide an answer to a question. In Dubai, does WhatsApp function properly? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. wikiHow Staff EditorStaff AnswerHelp wikiHow by unlocking this answer that has been researched and written by a wikiHow staff member. The messaging service WhatsApp will operate in Dubai, but the majority of VoIP and internet video calling services are now restricted in the country. Use of a VPN (Virtual Private Network), which may conceal your IP address and assist you in bypassing these limitations, may be able to help you get past this restriction. Question The phone number I’m attempting to contact in Dubai isn’t functioning from India. What do I need to do to ensure that the call is a success? To make a phone call to Dubai from India, you must first prefix the phone number with the following characters: 00 + 971 + 4
- 00 + 971 + 4 Question What is the best way to make a call from India to Dubai? Follow the steps outlined in the preceding article, as appropriate. Question What is the best way to preserve a Dubai number on WhatsApp in India? It is best to save your number in international format. As a result, start with +971 and then the area code without the zero, followed by the local number
- Question What is a good example of a format that I may use for a landline call within Dubai? 00971 04 1234567 is a good example of a standard format. Assuming that the house number you intend to contact is ‘1234567
- Question What is the best way to contact someone who has an Australian cell phone but is now in Dubai? Because they have the same country prefix as an Australian number, you may treat them the same way you would treat an Australian number. There may be additional costs for roaming. Question What is the best way to make a phone call from Somalia to Dubai? Follow the steps outlined in the preceding article, as appropriate. Question How can I make a phone call to India using a landline phone? You must first visit the website of the phone operating system and inquire as to whether you are permitted to contact this nation. However, you will be required to pay either a long-distance cost or a monthly fee.
More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- the following link. Inquire about a problem a total of 200 characters are still available Fill up the blanks with your email address to be notified when your query is answered. SubmitAdvertisement
More information may be found here. Inquire about something. There are just 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been answered. SubmitAdvertisement
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo make a phone call to Dubai, you must first dial the exit code of the nation from which you are phoning. This code, if you don’t already have it, may be found by searching the internet for it. After you have dialed the exit code, dial 971 to reach Dubai, which is situated in the United Arab Emirates, which is the country code for the nation. Dial the number 4 after the UAE country code before punching in the 7-digit landline number if you’re calling from a landline in the UAE.
Continue reading for helpful hints on how to make international calls with a calling card.
The authors of this page have collectively authored a page that has been read 274,991 times.
Is this article up to date?
Exit Code– This is the code that must be dialed in order to exit a nation. The IDD (International Direct Dialing) code and the ISD (International Subscriber Dialing) code are both abbreviations for the same thing. Nation Codes– Each country or territory is granted a unique country code that identifies it. When dialing into a nation, you will need to know this code. There are a total of 249 codes in use across the world. See a list of all country codes Area Codes–Area codes are used to designate a certain region of a country.
Because certain nations are not large enough to have several area codes, you would just call the country code followed by the direct dial number in these instances.
How To Dial a Dubai Local Number from the United States
Contact xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx by calling 011 – 971 – Area Code. As an illustration, dial 011-971-2-555-5555.
How To Dial a Dubai Toll Free Number from United States
How To Dial a Dubai Mobile Number from United States
Dial 011 – 971 – Area Code – xxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information About the Dubai
Dubai Emergency Numbers
999 – Call for assistance from the police (emergency) 901 – Police Department (non-emergency) 998 – Emergency Medical Services 997 – There is a fire. 996 – United States Coast Guard How To Call Dubai From The United States»How To Call Dubai From The United States
How to Get a UAE Phone Number
Time: It takes around 1 minute. This article will walk you through the process of obtaining a UAE phone number. Items that are required: Using a computer or a telephone Visit the website globalcallforwarding.com for more information. Choose your nation from the drop-down menu. UAE should be selected as the nation from the “Select Your New Phone Number” selection menu. Choose the number type that you want to use. If you want to acquire a toll free number, a UIFN number, or a number that is exclusive to your locality, there are several options available.
- You can enter your current telephone number to the right of the “Select Number Type” section.
- To see pricing, select “View Rates and Try for Free” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a plan and any additional items that you are considering.
- Make sure to fill out the form completely with your name and other needed information.
- Make a note of whether you wish to activate or deactivate the free trial.
How to call other countries from the U.S.
F A Q | Frequently Asked Questions Make a call to Dubai with the USD. Dial the exit code 011, then the UAE country code 971, followed by the local 8-digit number X-XXX-XXXX, and finally the exit code 011. Call the number 011-971-2-555-5555. Dialing a Dubai Toll Free Number from the United States: What to Do? Dial the exit code 011, then the country code 971 for the United Arab Emirates, followed by the local 7-digit number XXX-XXXX. Call the number 011-971-800-555-5555. Dial the exit code 011, then the country code 971 for the United Arab Emirates, followed by the local 9-digit number XX-XXX-XXXX.
How to Call United Arab Emirates From United States
The dialing technique for calling the United Arab Emirates from the United States is detailed below. You will discover instructions on how to make an international call from the United States to a fixed line or mobile phone in the United Arab Emirates.
Calling United Arab Emirates From United States – Direct Dialing Numbers
Make a direct call to the United Arab Emirates from anywhere in the United States by using the international dialing format provided below. The dialing format is the same whether you are calling a mobile or a landline in the United Arab Emirates from the United States.
To call United Arab Emirates from United States, dial:011 – 971 – Area Code – Land Phone Number011 – 971 – 9 Digit Mobile Number
When dialing a phone number in the United Arab Emirates from the United States, use the dialing format indicated above.
- 011- This is the exit code for the United States, and it is required for each international call made from the United States. 971 is the International Standard Dialing Code (ISD) or the country code of the United Arab Emirates. There are seven different area codes in the United Arab Emirates. After entering the ISD Code, if there is an area code for the city in the United Arab Emirates you are calling, dial the area code for the city in the United Arab Emirates you are contacting. It is necessary to dial the Recipient’s Telephone Number after the ISD Code if there is no area code.
How to call a mobile number in United Arab Emirates from United States:
The following is an example of how to make an international call from the United States to a mobile phone number in the United Arab Emirates:011 + 971 + 5?
United Arab Emirates ISD Code
The country code for the United Arab Emirates is 971, which is the International Standard Dialing Code.
United Arab Emirates Area Codes
In the United Arab Emirates, there are seven different area codes. If you want to make an international call from the United States to the United Arab Emirates, you’ll need to know the area codes for the country. When calling Abu Dhabi from another country, ignore the number in the brackets. 011-971-2-TEL*When calling Abu Dhabi from another country, ignore the number in the brackets. When calling within the United Arab Emirates, just the number included in brackets should be dialed, together with the appropriate area code.
|City / Region||Area Code|
|Ras Al Khaimah||(0)7|
When to call United Arab Emirates from United States
In the United Arab Emirates, there are seven different area codes to choose from: If you want to make an international call from the United States to the United Arab Emirates, you’ll need to know the country’s area code. When contacting Abu Dhabi from another nation, do not pay attention to the number within the bracket. When calling within the United Arab Emirates, the number included in brackets should be dialed together with the country code.
country code, area codes, phone books
011 – 971 is the telephone number. *Can also be used to TEXT numbers in the United Arab Emirates. * Cell phone numbers 011971 and +971 are frequently used interchangeably.
The time inthe United Arab Emirates is now06:41:58pm
- Call the following phone number: 011-971: The texting feature may also be used to send messages to UAE phone numbers. * When using a mobile phone, the numbers 011971 and +971 are frequently interchangeable.
- Fixed phones have 8 digits, with the area code added
- Mobile phones have 9 digits.
- An example of a call from the United States to a landline in Dubai: 011 971 4?
How to dial to UAE cellular:
- The following is the dialing syntax for calls to a cell phone: 011 9715?
|Abu Dhabi||2||Fujairah||9||Ras Al Khaimah||7|
|Dubai||4||Madinat Zayed||2||Umm-Al Quwain||6|
|United States09:42:27 AM09:42:27 UTC -05:00NoUnited Arab Emirates06:42:27 PM18:42:27 UTC +04:00NoNOTE: Time shown for United States is the current time in New York which is in the Eastern Time Zone. For a different United States location or time zone choose from the drop down list below.|
To make it easier for you to call from the United States to the United Arab Emirates, we’ve included a list of area codes or city codes for the country of United Arab Emirates as a guide. Always double-check the local area code and phone number in the United Arab Emirates before placing an international call from another country. Local area codes are sometimes changed with little or no warning given to the general public in rare circumstances. Also keep in mind that certain nations do not utilize area codes, or that they have integrated previously used area codes with the local subscriber number in some cases.
|COUNTRY||COUNTRY CODE||LOCATION||AREA CODE|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Abu Dhabi||2|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Ajman||6|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Al Ain||3|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Dubai||4|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Fujairah||9|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Lihbab||4|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Madinat Zayed||2|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Ras Al Khaimah||7|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Ruwais||2|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Sharjah||6|
|United Arab Emirates||971||Umm al Quwain||6|
Calls to and from Dubai operate in a similar manner as calls to and from any other nation. All that is required is that you keep in mind the necessary prefixes before the local number as well as any potential time discrepancies. To make a phone call to Dubai from another country, you must first enter the international country code for the United Arab Emirates, which is + 971; then you must dial the area code followed by the local number to reach Dubai. Local telephone numbers are made up of seven digits.
- The area code for Dubai is 04, and it is located in the Middle East.
- Ajman is the sixth city on the list.
- 07 – Ras al-Khaimah 06 – Umm al-Quwain 07 – Al Ain Fujairah is the ninth city on the list.
- For example, if you want to contact Dubai from abroad, you would dial +971 + 4 + the local number.
- When dialing a number in another country from Dubai, start with 00, followed by the country code, city code, then the local number.
If you want to make a call within Dubai, you may omit the area code and just dial the local number instead. Consult the Yellow Pages if you need to discover a local phone number.
Mobile phone prefixes
Mobile phones in the United Arab Emirates have their own prefixes. These are the numbers 050, 055, and 056 at the moment. When dialing a mobile number from another country, the zero at the beginning of the prefix should be skipped. If you are calling a mobile number from within the UAE, you should keep the 0 in the phone number. ByI’ve Just Arrived
- The prefixes for mobile phones in the United Arab Emirates are unique to that country. The numbers 050,055, and 056 are the ones in use right now. The 0 at the beginning of the prefix should be skipped when dialing a mobile number from overseas. It is necessary to keep the 0 when calling a mobile number within the UAE. I’d just gotten off the plane
Does this article help?
Do you have any thoughts, updates, or questions on this subject? Please share them with us. Inquire with them here:
How to Call United Arab Emirates Phone Numbers?
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) issued the country calling code +971 to the United Arab Emirates, which may be seen below. Every telephone number in the nation is assigned by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of the United Arab Emirates Government, which is also the country’s government. For example, if you want to contact the United Arab Emirates, the phone number should begin with:
Rates may be viewed here.
A prefix is merely a group of digits that appear before the country and area codes of a telephone number in the United States. The telephone numbers in the United Arab Emirates are made up of 11 numbers that are divided into groups of three. If you want to contact the United Arab Emirates from a mobile phone, you need dial the country code + the area code + the seven-digit number. In the United Arab Emirates, the most prevalent area codes are Abu Dhabi (02), Dubai (04), and Al Ain (01). (03).
|Location||Country Code||Landline Area Code||Landline Number|
|Abu Dhabi||+971||(2)||123 4567|
|Al Ain||+971||(3)||123 4567|
So if you’re making a call toAbu Dhabi,dial +971 2 123 4567.
The United Arab Emirates has extensive network coverage, which is widely available across the country. 4G LTE service is widely accessible throughout the country, however the quality varies greatly depending on the cell provider. As a global service provider with over 50 locations, you can rely on us to keep your business running even while you’re away from home. We understand how tough it may be to be away from home and family for an extended period of time. We can only desire to be able to communicate with them at all hours of the day and night.
More information may be found here.
Top Mobile SIM network in the United Arab Emirates
In the United Arab Emirates, there are several mobile SIM networks to choose from:
Top apps used to communicate
Here are the most popular communication applications in the United Arab Emirates, as ranked by number of downloads: WhatsAppTelegram
Emergency phone numbers
Listed below are the four most crucial emergency numbers to keep in mind while traveling to the United Arab Emirates: 998 in order to obtain ambulance service 999 is the number to dial in an emergency situation.
Best Time to Call the United Arab Emirates
When you’re in the United Arab Emirates, here are the four most crucial emergency numbers to keep in mind: 998 in order to obtain ambulance assistance. 999 is the number to dial in case of emergency.
Time to Call
|United Arab Emirates||2:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+10:00||Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)||Queensland|
|12:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+08:00||Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)||Western Australia|
|1:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+09:30||Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)||South Australia, Northern Territory and town of Broken Hill in Western New South Wales|
|3:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+11:00||Norfolk Island Standard Time (NFT)||Norfolk Island|
|11:00am – 11:00pm||UTC+07:00||Christmas Island Standard Time (CXT)||Christmas Island|
|10:00am – 9:30pm||UTC+06:30||Cocos (Keeling) Islands Standard Time (CCT)||Cocos (Keeling) Islands|
Daylight Savings Time (first Sunday in October – first Sunday in April)
|United Arab Emirates||3:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+11:00||Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)||New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Victoria, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory|
|2:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+10:00||Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)||Queensland|
|12:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+08:00||Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)||Western Australia|
|2:30pm – 12:00am||UTC+10:30||Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT)||South Australia, Northern Territory and town of Broken Hill in Western New South Wales|
|1:30pm – 12:00am||UTC+09:30||Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)||Northern Territory|
|4:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+12:00||Norfolk Island Daylight Time (NDT)||Norfolk Island|
|11:00am – 11:00pm||UTC+07:00||Christmas Island Standard Time (CXT)||Christmas Island|
|10:00am – 10:30pm||UTC+06:30||Cocos (Keeling) Islands Standard Time (CCT)||Cocos (Keeling) Islands|
Unlimited International Calls to up to 60 Countries
With a range of limitless options available, staying in touch with relatives throughout the world is simple with Lebara Mobile.
Purchase an Extra Small Plan for just $14.90, or upgrade your data to an Extra Extra Large Plan for only $69.90 to maximize your savings. Join Lebara to take advantage of affordable unlimited calling plans. Rates for International Phone Calls
Telephone numbers in the United Arab Emirates – Wikipedia
|Country||United Arab Emirates ceh|
|Typical format||(0568524418(telephones) 0543571034(mobiles) xxx xxxx (special services)|
|Country calling code||+971|
|International call prefix||971|
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) uses a closed telephone numbering strategy for all of its telephone numbers. The International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) has awarded the country of UAE the international dialing number +971. Telephone numbers are fixed at seven digits, with area codes set at two or three digits. Telephone numbers are fixed at seven digits.
Subscriber numbers were 5- or 6-digits in length, with the area code and subscriber number adding up to a total of 7 digits.
The following is the overall structure of the United Arab Emirates’ national numbering plan: Landline phone numbers begin with the letters:
- 01Al Karama (cancelled)
- 02Abu Dhabi
- 03Al Ain
- 06Sharjah, Ajman, and Umm al-Quwain
- 07Sharjah, Ajman, and Umm al-Quwain 07Ras Al Khaimah
- 07Ras Al Khaimah
Mobile Phone Numbers Begin with:
- 50 cell phones (Etisalat)
- 52 cell phones (Du)
- 054 cell phones (Etisalat)(Recently released for public use.)
- 55 cell phones (Du)
- 058 cell phones (Du/Virgin Mobile)(Recently released for public use.)
- 55 cell phones (Du/Virgin Mobile)(Recently released for public use.)
50 cell phones (Etisalat); 52 cell phones (Du); 054 cell phones (Etisalat)(Recently released for public use.); 55 cell phones (Du); 058 cell phones (Du/Virgin Mobile)(Recently released for public use.); 60 cell phones (Du / Virgin Mobile)(Recently released for public use.
- In an emergency, dial 999
- In a non-emergency, dial 901
- In an ambulance, dial 998
- In a fire department (civil defense), dial 997
- And in the coast guard, dial 996. 991- In the case of an electricity failure (DEWA)
- 922- In the case of a water failure (DEWA)
- 993- In the case of a telephone failure (DEWA)
- 994- In the case of a telephone failure (DEWA)
- 995- In the case of a telephone failure (DEWA)
- 996- In the case of a telephone failure (DEWA)
These are unusual 7-digit number ranges that do not correspond to any specific area code):
- Services at a common cost of 200xxxxxx
- 600xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 800xxx(xxxx)
- (800 plus a minimum of three digits)
For those calling from the United States, certain nations in North America and the Caribbean enable you to dial international numbers in the same manner you would dial domestic numbers — that is, by beginning the call with a +1 dialling prefix for international numbers. This type of 10-digit North American calling is available from Verizon for the Bahamas, Barbados, and many more destinations.
International calling checklist.
For those calling from the United States, some countries in North America and the Caribbean allow you to dial international numbers in the same way you would dial domestic numbers — that is, by beginning the call with a +1 calling prefix for international numbers, just as you would for domestic numbers. For the Bahamas, Barbados, and a variety of other destinations, Verizon provides 10-digit North American dialing.
- Landline vs. cell phone: Which is better? When dialing a mobile phone number, the per-minute pricing and some dialing instructions may differ depending on whether you’re calling a mobile or a landline number
- Check the costs in advance: Enter the country name in the calling instructions box to receive detailed long-distance dialing instructions for that country, as well as per-minute prices. Have a contingency plan in place: It is possible to use Wi-Fi calling when mobile phone coverage is not available, which allows you to make international calls through a wireless network when no cell phone service is available. The same rates are in effect
Other international communication options.
In some cases, using messaging applications like as Skype, iMessage, and WhatsApp to connect with people may be more convenient than using other methods of communication. Do you want to be able to send a short text message? Depending on your Verizon plan, you may be able to text overseas without incurring additional charges. For example, both the Verizon Unlimited plan and the Verizon Shared Data plan provide unlimited international messaging, which makes it easy to converse without having to worry about calculating different time zones.
Review the international calling plan specifics.
Do you understand what you require from an international business strategy? Consider the following scenarios:
- Are you in regular communication with individuals on a global scale (that is, outside of Mexico or Canada)? If you want to keep costs down, consider a Verizon international plan. The Unlimited TogetherSM – Worldplan is available for as little as $15 per month and provides unlimited calling to landline phones in more than 70 countries as well as mobile phones in over 40 countries. Additionally, users who join up may take advantage of cheap calling rates to more than 160 countries across the world (a significant advantage if you don’t always know where you’ll need to call)
- And Do you need to communicate with people in Mexico or Canada on a regular basis? Consider adding Unlimited TogetherSM – North America, which lets you to call Mexico or Canada for only $5 per month and allows you to make unlimited international calls. When you add the North America plan to your existing coverage, you’ll be able to utilize the same unlimited minutes to make calls to and from locations outside of the United States. Text N America to 4004 or go here to subscribe to Unlimited TogetherSM – North America. Unlimited TogetherSM – World may be added by texting the word World to 4004 or by clicking here. Do you only make the odd international phone call? – The ability to dial directly is available, however you may be charged a per-minute price in addition to your current plan if you do so
Find out more about international phone calls. It’s now easier than ever to prevent surprise international calling charges when you use Verizon. Instead of going home, why not go abroad? If you are traveling outside of the United States, consult theseFAQs on international dialing. This article is being supplied only for informational reasons.
All of the information included within this document is subject to change without notice. Verizon is not liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use or reliance on the above content or any other content on this site.