You can self-publish with platforms such as Amazon KDP and Notion Press Publishing Platform. Traditional Publishers like HarperCollins, Penguin Books, Hachette, etc., require you to submit your manuscript for review. These publishers do not charge you anything to publish your book.
- Publishing in Dubai – A How-To Conversation Step One: Entertain “Books are not competing against other books,” author Qais Sedki explained. “They are competing Step Two: Write What They Want To Read
How much does it cost to publish a book for the first time?
It can cost $300-$3,000 to publish your first book, depending on how high-quality you want your final product to be and the amount of marketing you do. The cost of self-publishing changes with different genres. In this article, you will learn: The average cost of publishing a book by genre.
How much does publishing a book cost to publish?
As your publisher, Page Publishing will be entitled to only 20 cents of that $6.99, leaving $6.79 to be paid to you for every book sold in this manner. As you can well imagine, there are numerous ways in which your book can be sold in order to generate revenue.
How do you legally publish a book?
Here’s how to publish a book step-by-step:
- Decide Why You Want to Publish a Book.
- Write Your Book.
- Get Feedback Before Publishing Your Book.
- Choose a Book Title.
- Hire a Great Book Editor.
- Design a Book Cover that Converts.
- Create Your Kindle Direct Publishing Account.
- Format and Upload your Book.
Can I publish a book by myself?
When you self-publish, you own your work and have complete control over the publishing process. For a lot of authors who have poured their hearts and souls into writing a book, it’s very important for them to have power to make decisions throughout the publishing process.
How many pages is 60000 words?
Answer: 60,000 words is 120 pages single-spaced or 240 pages double-spaced.
Can I publish a book for free?
For paperbacks and hardcover books, you can certainly publish for free. But you will always have production and shipping costs per copy. With so many choices, you are sure to find a solution that works for you.
Who are the big five in publishing?
The big 5 are, of course, Hachette, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin Random House and Simon & Schuster. These companies are often seen as emblematic of the state of traditional trade book publishing in the United States.
How do I publish my first novel?
10 tips on how to get your first book published
- Find the right agent for you.
- Sculpt a brilliant synopsis.
- Make sure your work is the best it can be.
- Write, write, and write some more
- Do your research, particularly if writing non-fiction.
- Read your work aloud.
- Make sure your writing is relevant.
Do authors pay publishers?
Authors are usually given an advance, which is money paid up front for the right to publish the book. Publishers make their money from the book sales, and then give the author a percentage of this, called a royalty.
Do I need an agent to publish a book?
Do You Need an Agent to Get Your Book Published? Technically, the answer is no. Literary agents are invaluable in a traditional publishing scenario. It is much, much harder to get an editor to look at your book proposal or manuscript if you don’t have a literary agent.
What percentage of first novels get published?
One 2014 report taken from Digital Book World and Writer’s Digest Author Surveys took data from 9,000 respondents, and concluded that of those who completed a manuscript, 23% succeeded in becoming traditionally published (13.4% of the total sample).
Can I make money writing a book?
Average book authors don’t make a lot of money. A typical book author barely makes more than minimum wage. You receive an advance and 10% royalties on net profit from each book. If your book retails at $25 per copy, you would need to sell at least 4,000 copies to break even on a $5,000 advance.
How do I promote my book on Instagram?
17 Instagram Book Promotion Ideas from Publishers
- Post timely content around holidays.
- Run contests.
- Promote new or upcoming releases.
- Showcase books in relevant, interesting settings.
- Display teaser quotes in stunning visuals.
- Provide a peek behind the scenes.
- Pose with the book and relevant props.
Is Amazon self-publishing worth it?
Self publishing on Amazon is also worth it if you can use the clicks and views that your eBook receives to boost another venture. But self publishing a book on Amazon is not a “home run” play by any means. The highest paid authors on Amazon have a series of books and have spent years building that up.
How To Self-Publish In The UAE
Please consider this as your own guide to the process, should you decide to create and self publish your own book. Even if your first reaction is, “yeah, right, like that’s going to happen,” hold off on dismissing the concept completely. Believe me when I say that it can be incredibly therapeutic. 1) Start writing a book. This is widely regarded as an excellent initial step in the self-publishing process. To be sure, if you’re planning on self publishing a picture book, or a collection of your watercolours, you’ll have to go about things a little differently, but for the time being, I’ll be focusing on the novel form.
Robb Grindstaff is the brand I use.
It is necessary to hire a professional editor for two reasons: a structural edit and a line edit, respectively.
After the line edit is completed, you will no longer have to worry about those pesky small typos that litter every text, no matter how hard you hunt for them.
3) Double-check that you comprehend what you’ve written.
However, you will be responsible for selling the book on your own, so you should have thoroughly researched the issues, topics, and characters of your book and combed through them to discover the most compelling aspects to advertise, the elements that would compel readers to read your book in its entirety.
- I’m sure there will be more blogs on this subject in the future.
- It’s critical to have your book available on Amazon’s Kindle platform, and I did it through Kindle Direct Publishing.
- Another version was created with the help of CreateSpace, which allows me to sell printed copies of the book through Amazon.com.
- It is as a result of this that you will be required to print your own booky book for the Middle Eastern market.
- In order to publish a booky book in the United Arab Emirates, you must first obtain authorization.
- However, in order to print one of them, you must first get authorization.
- By travelling to the National Museum of Culture in Qusais (behind the Ministry of Culture building) and submitting two complete printouts of the MS.
Sixth, accept the fact that Dubai is going to take its sweet time with this and deliver a second copy directly to Abu Dhabi on your bicycle.
7) Obtain your permission to print before you begin.
It helped that he enjoyed the book, which made me feel better than you could possible think about the situation.
8) Obtain an ISBN number.
You go to the Ministry of Youth and Culture in Qusais and hand up Dhs200 as well as a completed form that includes the title of your book and some other information, and they send you a fax (Afax!
By the way, ISBN digits are really meaningless; they are only a standard code that has no connection to copyright or any other such nonsense.
9) Drive yourself insane trying to get new paper, then give up and travel to Lebanon to find it.
Finally, you’ll come to the conclusion that you don’t want to use the ‘wood-free’ paper that all of the UAE’s printers want to use to print your book, but rather that you’d want to use genuine book paper instead.
Picking up a book by the spine will prevent it from ‘flopping,’ but picking up a book printed on wood-free material will.
Like nobody in the UAE has ever produced a’real’ book; instead, only books printed on copier paper have been released.
If I’m going through the time and money of manufacturing my own book, it should look and feel like a book, and shriek with delight when you squeeze its ear, indicating that it is really a book.
There are printers and novel paper in abundance since people are constantly writing and publishing novels in the area.
Do Quasimodo impersonations and bang your skull against a brick wall on a regular basis.
Choosing the alternative paper would have allowed me to make it in time for the Sharjah International Book Festival, but I chose to postpone instead in order to do it correctly.
This will take place on Sunday, November 20th, in the SHJIBF’s ‘Community Corner.’ Please join us.
You Want To Self Publish? – Emirates Literature Foundation Blog (ELF)
More than seven million individual titles are available in the Kindle shop. However, almost one-third of them have not sold a single copy. Yes, you are correct. More than two million books have gone unread to this day. Why? According to my estimation, the majority of them were published by authors who felt they had completed all of the necessary legwork. They were under the impression that they could just sit back and observe while their product gained a following on its own. Whether you’re publishing traditionally or independently, writing ‘THE END’ on your work is simply the beginning of the process.
- I didn’t because I didn’t.
- The authors will be expected to participate in the sales process, even if they are working with established publishers.
- We have no choice.
- However, if we want as many readers as possible to experience the universes in which we have invested so much creative energy, we must sell our work.
- My debut novel, Blood Libel, was nominated for a prize at the 2020 Emirates Literature Festival, and I want to self-publish it in the first quarter of the following year.
- That has now been accomplished both by email and in person.
- I am just halfway through my trip to publication, but I have some suggestions for anyone who are embarking on a similar journey:
- Start your marketing campaign as soon as possible. While writing the story, consider who your ideal reader is and how you may reach him or her. You could believe that you are writing just for yourself. If you don’t want anybody else to read your book, that’s perfectly OK. If you do, attempt to imagine yourself in the shoes of your ideal reader. Gender? Age? What other writers does she like reading
- Take a look at the best-seller lists on Kindle. Subcategories may be found in plenty if you take the time to look for them. What kind of market segment do you think your book will fit into? This will become increasingly important when you send the book into the turbulent waters of Amazon.
- Create your author platform as soon as possible. All you require is a straightforward website, an email list, and, most likely, a Facebook profile.
Early preparation is key to success. Nothing more than a straightforward website and mailing list, with perhaps a Facebook page thrown in for good measure is required;
Book Publishers of United Arab Emirates – List of Book Publishing Companies of United Arab Emirates that publish Book
Kalimat Publishing, which publishes books by award-winning author Fatima Sharafeddine and famous illustrator Jowel Ashraq, is quickly becoming the publisher of choice for parents with children who want to read books to their children. Kalimat, which translates as “Words in Arabic,” is a series of high-quality novels that children will want to read again and over again. Kalimat PublishingDistribution is the publisher profile.
Kalimat Publishing, which publishes books by award-winning author Fatima Sharafeddine and famous illustrator Jowel Ashraq, is quickly establishing itself as the publisher of choice for parents with children who want to read to their children. In Arabic, Kalimat means “words in Arabic,” and it is a series of high-quality books that children will want to read again and over in their free time. Alimat PublishingDistribution is the name of the publisher.
Zamzam Publishing is one of the most well-known publishers and distributors of educational, professional, and children’s books in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the Middle East (ME). Zamzam Publishing is the name of the publisher.
5 publishers in the the directory of book publishing companies of United Arab EmiratesRemove ‘United Arab Emirates’ filter to seeall book publishersRemove ‘Book’ filter to see the list ofall Emirati publishers
- We are always on the lookout for fresh ideas! Please click here and fill out our submissions form if you would like to submit us your book proposal. Please keep in mind that we do not accept submission inquiries other than through this form.
Contacting our authors:
- We enjoy sharing the work of our authors
- But, we are unable to provide their contact information due to privacy regulations. Please fill out the form below to contact them, and we will gladly send your message on to them.
Sales and Distribution:
- Please view our catalogue here and contact our team at [email protected] if you want to remain up to date and order our books for your bookshop, book club, or educational institution.
- Contact our staff at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns regarding your online purchases.
General and press inquiries:
- Please fill out the form below or send an email to [email protected] with any general or press enquiries.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible
In the United Arab Emirates, The Dreamwork Collective is a conscious, creativity-driven firm that provides solutions, assistance, and complete support to creative producers and writers who want to publish their book in the country. The Dreamwork Collective book publishers in the United Arab Emirates are dedicated to revealing undiscovered tales and giving a platform for voices from the Middle East and beyond to be heard throughout the world. They publish books in English, Arabic, and Urdu. Inform yourself about our publishing rights, worldwide standards, distribution, sales, book marketing, and publishing trends seminars in the United Arab Emirates by getting in touch with us.
Meet the Members of Our Team
Publish and Sell Your E-Books
You may turn your work into an e-book and earn money while doing so. This course will guide you step-by-step through the process of publishing your own e-books and developing your writer’s platform or brand, so that you may sell them successfully. 6 Weeks of Access/24 Hours of Course Hours
You may generate money by turning your work into an e-book. You will be guided step-by-step through the process of publishing your own e-books and developing your writer’s platform or brand in order to sell them successfully. a 6-week access period with 24-hour course availability
6 Weeks with an instructor Access Course Code: pybStart Dates*February 9th, March 16th, April 13th, and May 18th In the basket, select a start date.
You’ve probably heard that e-books are gaining market share in the book industry on a daily basis. Authors who were previously unpublished or who had only moderate print sales now have millions of dollars in their pockets, as well as established authors who have opted to go it alone. Did you know that when you publish your own e-book, you may earn royalties that are up to ten times greater than when you publish through a traditional publisher? Learn about some of the most successful trailblazers in the e-book industry, discover which e-book genres sell the best, discover how much money you can make publishing your own e-books, and investigate the differences between fixed, reflowable, and responsive format e-books in this lesson on e-book publishing.
- Starting with this session, you’ll begin the process of making sure your electronic book is ready for release, just like you would prepare a fantastic manuscript for an editor at a publishing business.
- Making ensuring your e-book is up to today’s standards in terms of language, spelling, and style is one of the greatest beginnings you can give it before releasing it into the public is one of the most important things you can do.
- In this session, you’ll learn about the first steps in the publishing process and how to get started.
- Two book profiles will be shared with you during this class; you’ll learn how they may be utilized to assist you in writing the book descriptions, selecting the titles, and designing the book covers.
- For the purpose of this session, you’ll learn about a few things you should accomplish before releasing your book on the market.
- This may assist you in ensuring that you get reimbursed if someone exploits a portion of your book after it has been published and placed in bookshops!
- This identifies your book all over the world.
- Finally, you’ll look at CIP (Cataloging in Publication) data as well as PCIP (Personal Computer Information Processing).
The contents of your book, including your title page and any front and back matter that you choose to include, will be covered in this session “behind the covers.” The author name you wish to use, as well as whether or not you want to use your own name, will need to be taken into consideration.
- Once you’ve completed this step and written all of the material into your book and structured it, you’ll learn how to include a table of contents and hyperlinks to allow your reader to navigate simply through your book.
- Learn how to locate free photos and include them into your e-book in this session.
- Once you grasp the distinctions, you’ll have no trouble generating e-books that are both professional and appealing!
- Following the completion of your book file in the format of your choice, you’ll learn how to convert it to PDF, which is the most widely used document file format on the internet.
- It’s the lesson you’ve been looking forward to if you’re currently working on a picture book.
- With your e-book, you’ll be able to give it an edge over the competition by including data that you can’t see but that computers can see.
- You have a variety of options, ranging from hiring a business to handle everything to doing it all yourself.
By the conclusion of this course, you will have completed your initial marketing efforts and your book file will be ready to be converted into formats compatible with e-readers.
Calibre is the name of the application.
The program also allows you to convert unprotected e-book files across formats, allowing you to read books that you’ve purchased on your smartphone, tablet, or e-reader.
You’ll be astounded at how simple Calibre is to operate!
When starting a business, there is usually some paperwork involved, and this is more true on the Internet, since you are dealing with online bookshops that may be located anywhere in the globe.
You’ll also go through the commercial considerations that you’ll have to make, such as whether to include DRM in your book, how much to charge for it, and if you want to make your title exclusive to a single retailer.
As you learn how to choose and interact with an e-book distributor or aggregator, you will be able to place your new book on a plethora of virtual bookshelves throughout the world.
It’s an exciting moment to be a self-publishing author since there are so many various alternatives and solutions that are tailored to your specific needs.
It is not necessary to be concerned about your technical abilities.
When you made the decision to self-publish your book, you did away with the publisher, who would have grabbed the lion’s share of the profits from your labor of love.
You now have complete control over all of the money generated by sales!
It will describe the three primary factors for direct sales and provide a high-level overview of the numerous alternatives you’ll have for collecting money online and delivering books to your buyers during the course of the class.
You’ll look into alternative methods of getting your book into the hands of readers.
When you search for a book in your library’s online catalog, how would you like to see your name and the title of the book appear?
Are you looking for multimedia options? Additionally, your options for publishing your book so that conventional print readers can also have access to it will be discussed in the course. Prepare to walk away with new ideas for how to get your books in front of more readers!
Requirements: There are no prerequisites for enrolling in this course. Requirements: Hardware Requirements: Requirements:There are no requirements for taking this class. Requirements: Hardware Requirements:
- PCs must run Windows 8 or later
- Macs must run macOS 10.6 or later. Internet browser: The most recent version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is recommended. Additionally, Microsoft Edge and Safari are compatible. Almost any form of word processor may be used to create the basic text layout. Microsoft Word for Windows, on the other hand, is used as an example (and is not included in the enrolment)
- The actual conversion to e-book formats is carried out using two more types of software, Sigil and Calibre, both of which are freely available on the internet. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. It is required that software be installed and fully working prior to the start of the course.
- Ability to send and receive emails as well as access to a personal email account
Materials Requirements: The instructional materials necessary for this course are included in the course fee and will be made available online when enrollment is complete.
With a master’s degree in adult vocational/technical education and a minor in English, Linda Aksomitis is a well-rounded professional. There are 25 books for readers of all ages (fiction and nonfiction) that she has published, as well as several e-books, and she has a few thousand publications in newspapers, journals, and on the Internet. She has worked as an acquisitions editor for an e-publisher, as a webmaster for a half-dozen websites, as the managing editor and webmaster for an Internet magazine, and she now manages two blogs that are active.
The training helped me understand what I needed to know about having a book published in some form or another, which was my primary goal. The instructor was all she should have been and more, and I gained far more knowledge than I could have imagined while taking the course. I had no clue how complicated the area was until now. Despite the fact that I jumped into writing my own book blindly, this course has piqued my curiosity in the self-publishing industry even more. It provided a thorough assessment of the information I had gained via experience, addressed numerous baffling worries, and significantly improved my capacity to self publish by 150 percent.
- My Ed2Go instructors have all been quite helpful and knowledgable, but Linda stands out as the most helpful and informed.
- Any lesson she gives would be highly recommended by me!
- I wish my CPA courses were as amazing as this.
- The quantity of material provided for each lesson was exactly the perfect amount.
- Thank you for “bringing it” to the table!
- I wish my CPA courses were as amazing as this.
- The quantity of material provided for each lesson was exactly the perfect amount.
Thank you for “bringing it” to the table!
Currently, I’m working on establishing my own online publishing company.
This lesson was really fun while also being quite useful.
The professor was the most accessible and helpful educator I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
A real expert and professional in their field.
It comes highly recommended by me!
Thank you very much!
It was both intriguing and useful to me.
Everything that went into making the resources, movies, games, tasks, and quizzes interesting and engaging for me is greatly appreciated.
This seminar was really in-depth – it went above and beyond what I expected. Having access to the supplemental material was quite beneficial, as I would never have discovered or considered this knowledge on my own. Congratulations to the teacher for putting together such excellent information.
Book Publishing Services
The course clarified all I needed to know about having a book published in some form or another, which was my primary goal going into it. The instructor was all she should have been and more, and I gained far more knowledge than I could have imagined while taking the course.” My ignorance of the area’s complexity surprised me. My passion in self publishing has grown even more as a result of this course, despite the fact that I went into it blind. That book went through all of the knowledge I had gained via experience, addressed many of my questions, and significantly improved my capacity to self-publish by 150 percent.
- My Ed2Go instructors have all been really helpful and competent, but Linda stands out as the most so.
- Any class she gives would be highly recommended by me.
- My CPA classes might have been this interesting.
- The amount of material provided for each class was just the proper quantity.
- You’ve done a fantastic job at “bringing it.” Every year, I am obliged to complete 40 hours of continuing education credits in order to maintain my CPA certification.
- The instructor was outstanding!
- Already, I’ve suggested this class to my sister, who is already enrolled in the following term.
After years of planning, I have finally launched my own online publishing company.
This lesson was really pleasant while also being quite useful.
The lecturer was by far the most accessible and helpful educator I have ever had the pleasure of working with or learning from.
Someone who knows what they’re talking about and is extremely knowledgeable.
I strongly advise you to try it out.
Please accept my thanks.
Interesting and useful, in my opinion.
Everything that went into making the resources, movies, games, tasks, and quizzes interesting and engaging for me was much appreciated!
My expectations for this course were much exceeded by the level of detail provided in this lesson.
There was a lot of good information in the supplemental material, and I would never have found it or thought of it on my own. A big thank you to the instructor for putting together such an excellent course.
Benefits of Publishing your book at Read Fingers
A growing number of readers are turning to the internet to publish books since it is simple and cost-effective for them. As a result, the digital market offers a plethora of opportunities to develop and distribute more original material all of the time. Our fundamental concept is to bring together the readers and authors of this new millennium. We assist authors, both new and established, in obtaining publication for their work. Writers may take use of a variety of advantages and perks provided by Read Fingers.
Every step of the book-writing, composition, and publication process may be improved by writers providing ideas.
When you publish with ReadFingers, there are no printing or upfront book publishing expenditures to worry about.
Your work will be widely known across the world since we have a highly skilled staff of competent editors, creative design specialists, copywriters, and a marketing team on hand to make it happen.
Publishers, professors, students, poets, and working professionals are all warming up to this new style of publication in order to realize their dreams of becoming published authors. Assisted book publishing services in the Middle East, including the United Arab Emirates (Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi), Qatar (Doha), India (Delhi, Mumbai), and other parts of the world are provided by ReadFingers. All authors wishing to get their novels published may do so with ReadFingers, which provides a one-stop solution.
- The books will be available for purchase online and through major distribution channels across the world.
- With our professional distribution and publishing capabilities, we enable you to reach a greater number of readers.
- All you have to do is email us a sample of your work or the entire project.
- Please let us know if it has been published elsewhere and where it was published.
Emirates Publishers Association
Membership in the Emirates Publishers Association (EPA) has aided the publishing firm in its efforts to publish high-quality books while also expanding rapidly. Suad Salibi, a Lebanese author, was the inspiration for the establishment of Dar Suad Salibi (Publishing House), which opened its doors in 2019. The publishing house’s strategic vision is to advance Arab culture by strengthening the book industry, publishing high-quality books, and developing a broad distribution network so that readers can easily access them.
- a concept with a lot of ambition Dar Suad Salibi’s goal is founded on the notion that literature and information should be freely available to everyone, rather than being limited to a select group of privileged individuals.
- In addition to novels, the publisher publishes titles in the fields of history and social sciences, as well as books on women, among other subjects.
- It enabled the publishing firm to prosper in the innovative publishing climate of the United Arab Emirates and to engage in cultural events on a regional and international scale.
- Dar Suad Salibi’s publications are intended to promote intellectual and cultural contact amongst people all over the world, and the organization’s mission is to do so.
As part of its efforts to reach readers throughout the area and beyond the world, it has also implemented a particular distribution scheme.
Book Printing in Dubai
Emirates Publishers Association (EPA) membership has assisted the publishing firm in releasing high-quality books and expanding rapidly in a short period of time. Suad Salibi, a Lebanese author, was the inspiration for the establishment of Dar Suad Salibi (Publishing House), which opened its doors in 2019. The publishing house’s strategic vision is to advance Arab culture by strengthening the book industry, publishing high-quality books, and developing a broad distribution network so that readers can easily obtain them.
- a concept with a lot of promise In order for books and information to be freely available to everyone, not just a select few, the goal of Dar Suad Salibi is founded on the notion that no one should be denied access to them.
- In addition to novels, the company publishes titles in the fields of history and social sciences, as well as books on women, among other subjects.
- It enabled the publishing firm to flourish in the innovative publishing climate of the United Arab Emirates and to engage in cultural events on a regional and international scale.
- Through its publications, Dar Suad Salibi hopes to promote intellectual and cultural contact amongst people all over the world.
- As part of its efforts to reach readers across the area and beyond the world, it has also implemented a particular distribution strategy.
What is Book Printing?
When printing a book, the cover must first be produced, followed by the textual pages, and ultimately the entire book must be bound together. As part of the process of turning an author’s manuscript into the finished product, the first stage is to proofread the text. Whether it is book printing, notebook printing, or textbook printing, the author or publisher orders and pays for the printing in order to complete the book’s production process. After a book is printed, the rights to publish it are virtually never retained by the printers themselves.
Book printers are responsible for the printing and binding of the book, whereas book publishers are responsible for the ownership of the rights to a book.
There is a distinction between notebook printing and other forms of printing since there is no written material to be printed.
As a result, there is no dispute over who is the rightful owner of the intellectual property. If the notebook includes a customized design or content, the firm or individual who designed or produced it owns the rights to that design or content.
Types of Books
The majority of readers have a ‘favorite’ sort of book that they like reading. All books may be classified into two categories: fiction and nonfiction. Non-fiction books provide facts, but fiction books describe a tale that has been weaved by the author. Biographies, travel books, how-to books, and history books are the most popular non-fiction books, followed by fiction novels. There are many different types of non-fiction books to choose from, including dictionaries, diaries, recipes, notebooks, encyclopedias, self-help books, autobiographies, spiritual and religious literature, among many other things.
Fiction books are also available in a variety of languages.
What are Self- Publishing Books?
Self-publishing refers to the act of an author releasing a book on his or her own terms. Increasingly, writers are opting to self-publish their novels rather than working with a traditional publisher.
Selecting the Correct Paper for the Books
It is necessary for printers to pick which type of paper will be used for the interior text of a book when printing it. Printers in Dubai are meticulous in their execution of this. Similarly, the paper type of a book, combined with the cover and binding of the book, determines the overall quality of the book.
Book Binding and Finishing
When it comes to book binding, there are a variety of methods available. These are some examples:
- Book finishing processes are perhaps the most essential thing that influences how a book appears when it is finished
- This is especially true when it comes to the appearance of a hardcover book. Lamination, varnishing, embossing or debossing, and foil stamping are some of the finishing choices available. Lamination is the process of applying a protective coating to the surface of a cover in order to make it more durable. The glossy or matte finish of the laminating layer is optional. When applied to the cover of the book, varnish creates a smooth texture that can be either matte or glossy. This finishing choice is commonly used on magazine covers. Embossing is a frequent technique for drawing attention to book titles. Embellishment comprises elevating portions of the cover to give it a textured appearance. Rather than indenting the segments of the cover, embossing does the opposite. Using heat or pressure, foil stamping may be used to apply a soft metallic foil to particular areas of the book’s surface.
Binding Saddle Stitching or Stapling Case that is Perfect Spiral bound with a sewn binding section
- Book finishing processes are perhaps the most essential thing that influences how a book appears when it is finished
- This is especially true when it comes to the appearance of a hardcover book. Lamination, varnishing, embossing or debossing, and foil stamping are some of the finishing choices available. Lamination is the process of applying a protective coating to the surface of a cover in order to make it more durable. The glossy or matte finish of the laminating layer is optional. Varnish gives the cover of the book a smooth texture, and it can be either matte or glossy in appearance. Magazine covers, in particular, benefit from this finishing choice. Embossing is the process of lifting sections of a cover to give it more texture, and it is widely used to draw attention to book titles on the cover. Rather than indenting the segments of the cover, embossing does the opposite. Using heat or pressure, foil stamping may be used to apply a soft metallic foil to particular areas of the book’s surface.
Send us an email, and we will respond within 30 minutes of receiving it. Alternatively, call now! 800 [email protected] is an email address.
Five Tips For Starting A Business In The UAE’s Publishing Sector
Entrepreneurcontributors express their own opinions, which are not necessarily those of Entrepreneur. Entrepreneur Middle East is an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media, and you are now reading it. When it comes to working in the UAE’s embryonic publishing business, Iman Ben Chaibah, founder of Dubai-based Sail Publishing and Vice President of theEmirates Publishers Association (EPA), says that perseverance and vision are essential. 1. Have a strong sense of ownership over the content.
- It’s also not a business through which you can make millions, at least not as quickly as you can with many other types of enterprises.
- I would recommend that when starting a publishing firm, you get down with a variety of different publishers and get a good understanding of what they are doing—this was something that benefited me from the very beginning.
- It provided a more practical perspective than the internet materials I had studied, which didn’t necessarily cater to our market’s specific requirements.
- Informing local authors about the publication cycle is a priority.
- One of the fallacies is that we do not deal with authors until they have completed their works.
- Yes, but first and foremost, you must finish the book!
- In addition, after a book is released, writers have a significant obligation to sell their works to the public.
Rowling has a social media profile, and she is highly active on the platform.
You are not allowed to deny your readers the opportunity to communicate with you in any way.
Because of this, you gain greater traction for your book!
Be honest with your authors about their abilities.
Despite the fact that we give a bigger percentage of the royalties in total, we have a relatively small market because our primary emphasis is the United Arab Emirates.
When we talk about the money that comes from selling books, we’re mostly talking about selling them within the same nation, so we have to be realistic about the number of readers that we have in our country.
Because we have a population of 9 million people, what is a best-seller for us?
How much money do you think we’ll make off of this?
Both markets are literate, but the population of the United States is far larger than that of our country.
Recognize the current market conditions.
During a conversation with a publisher headquartered in Saudi Arabia, who publishes a number of excellent titles, I inquired as to their selection process, and he stated that it is your obligation to sell books that will be read by the general public, rather than just the elite.
So, even if you go to Kinokuniya and see the top ten best-selling books, how many of them would you truly read as someone who considers themselves to be a bookworm?
We’re attempting to establish ourselves as a digital publishing firm by assisting authors in releasing their works online.
Although I would write a book with the intention of it being available worldwide and sold on e-book platforms, when we first started out in 2014, we discovered that it was only available in the Western market, and not the MENA market, even though I had written the book with the intention of it being available worldwide and sold on e-book platforms.
It was only in early 2018 that the recipe was altered, when Amazon and Kindle decided to make it available for the MENA market.
Even the books published by Western publishers are not always readily available in this area of the world.
In addition, my key issue is that the number of publishers that are willing to partner with us is quite limited, which means that there are less books available on Kindle as a result of this.
For the Love of Books: A Peek Into the Business of Publishing is a related article.
Publishing in the UAE: an insider’s perspective
September2015 Catherine Jewell, Communications Division, World Intellectual Property Organization In addition to being a driving force in the growth of the publishing sector in the United Arab Emirates, Bodour bint Sultan Al-Qasimi is also a champion of the advancement of Arabic children’s literature and reading. She is the founder and CEO of Kalimat Publishing, as well as the founder and patron of the United Arab Emirates Board on Books for Young People, the founder and patron of the Emirates Publishers Association, and the director of Knowledge Without Borders, among other positions.
How did you get involved in publishing?
In 2007, I began publishing children’s books, which was the beginning of my publishing career. When I was growing up, there were very few decent quality Arabic children’s books available — those that did exist were translations of foreign novels, and the print quality and drawings were both quite bad. Kalimat Publishing was born out of my desire to create high-quality, entertaining Arabic literature that will catch the imagination and interest of youngsters.
How would you describe the UAE’s publishing landscape today?
Even though the publishing industry in the United Arab Emirates is still in its infancy, it has the potential to evolve into a sector of strategic importance both locally and beyond the region. While no specific estimates are available, it is anticipated that the UAE book industry is worth roughly one billion AED (approximately USD272 million), and that it will continue to grow as a result of the quick penetration of electronic books. With one of the world’s most technologically literate populations – Internet and smartphone penetration rates of 92 percent and 72 percent, respectively – the future of electronic publishing appears promising in the United States.
Reading on paper will always be a pleasurable experience (and easier on the eyes than reading electronically).
When I initially started out in publishing, I was excited about the future, but I couldn’t have predicted the extraordinary rate of growth that has occurred in the Arab publishing business in recent years.
However, in order for the sector to continue to flourish, we must optimize the development of talents.
The education of a new generation of brilliant and enthusiastic publishers and authors, whose innovative ideas and solutions will stimulate a new generation of readers, is critical to assuring the sector’s future growth.
What new initiatives are supporting the growth of publishing in the UAE?
Youngsters’s books are becoming increasingly popular as a result of the national push to increase reading abilities and educational levels among children. Many festivals, workshops, and programs to encourage all sorts of reading are becoming increasingly popular. A number of recent efforts are assisting in the growth and development of the industry as a result of this rising popularity. For example, the Etisalat Award for Arabic Literature, which recognizes excellence in children’s literature, is increasing interest in this genre.
A million AED is awarded annually to the best children’s books published in the Arab world, making it the region’s most important literary prize.
It aims to develop the skills of a promising new generation of writers, illustrators, and publishers through a series of workshops on writing, illustration, and book production.
What challenges is the sector facing?
Publishers all around the world must walk a fine line between keeping up with technical advancements and maintaining a stable and safe business. Ultimately, publishers are commercial enterprises that must be financially successful in order to continue to exist and thrive. Aside from that, book distribution throughout the area might be a logistical headache due to the fact that each country has its own set of rules and regulations to follow. Online distribution is critical in this setting, and many publishers are already beginning to adjust their rights agreements to automatically include digital rights as part of the deal.
What impact is piracy having on the Arab book trade?
While the UAE’s copyright legislation is in accordance with international standards, the absence of a standardized approach to copyright across the area presents a significant issue, making enforcement extremely difficult and piracy extremely prevalent. The Arabian Anti-Piracy Alliance, in partnership with the Ministry of Economy, is playing a critical role in the fight against piracy in the United Arab Emirates. Among the actions included in its extensive anti-piracy program are a variety of public awareness campaigns, as well as strong lobbying and legal action against intellectual property violators.
Piracy has a severe influence on the creative industries and the economy, which is recognized by authorities throughout the area. This is igniting a movement to improve IP awareness and take action against those who violate intellectual property rights.
What prompted you to establish the UAE Board on Books for Young People?
UAEBBY was created in order to encourage a reading culture among children and young people in the United Arab Emirates. Its purpose, among other things, is to provide children in the United Arab Emirates, particularly those living in rural locations, with access to high-quality literary and creative works. Among its objectives are to promote international understanding through children’s books by encouraging the publication and distribution of children’s books in the UAE; providing networking, exchange, and capacity-building opportunities for aspiring and published authors, illustrators, and publishing houses in the UAE; and promoting international understanding through children’s books.
And the Horouf Educational Publishing imprint?
The Kalimat Group includes the educational publishing company Horouf Educational Publishing. With this project, we hope to deliver new learning solutions to assist Arabic language instruction to kids at the preschool and primary school levels. It aspires, in particular, to develop children’s Arabic language abilities through the provision of specifically prepared educational resources in the Arabic language.
What is the goal of the Knowledge Without Borders initiative?
In order to improve knowledge among local communities and to preserve an authentic Islamic and Arabic identity and language, Knowledge Without Borders was founded in 2003. It primarily contributes to the development of a knowledge-based society by encouraging a reading culture in the United Arab Emirates. Approximately 50 books are provided to each emirati home in Sharjah as part of the project. Over 20,000 homes have reaped the benefits of the programme to this point. Small libraries have also been constructed in government offices and organizations, mobile libraries have been established in hospitals, and a library bus tours the city’s many neighborhoods and public spaces as part of the effort.
This is the first time this has happened in the Arab world!
Why was it important to establish the Emirates Publishers Association?
In order to improve knowledge among local populations and to preserve an authentic Islamic and Arabic identity and language, Knowledge Without Borders was established in 2003. It primarily contributes to the development of a knowledge-based society in the United Arab Emirates by encouraging a reading culture there. Each Emirati home in Sharjah will get a library of 50 books as part of the project. As of now, the initiative has assisted more than 20,000 families. Small libraries have also been constructed in government departments and organizations, mobile libraries have been established in hospitals, and a library bus travels about Sharjah visiting different communities and public locations as part of this project.
As part of its ongoing campaign, Knowledge Without Borders has just launched a campaign to get Arabic-language book libraries installed on board Air Arabia aircraft. There has never been anything like this in the Arab world before.
How would you like to see the regulatory framework evolve in the UAE?
With a thorough and equitable regulatory framework, the rights of authors, artists and other creators are protected in the United Arab Emirates. After all, the sector is critical in the promotion of culture, as well as the movement of knowledge and information across borders. However, in an ever-changing publishing environment, there is always more that can be done to guarantee that copyright and intellectual property rights are secured. With the advent of digital publication, geographical boundaries are all but gone.
And how would you like to see the UAE’s publishing sector evolve?
While no one can anticipate what will happen in the future, the worldwide publishing sector is undergoing significant transformation. Until the rise of digital technologies, challenges to intellectual property and copyright, the need to build new distribution channels, and changes in consumer behavior are addressed, publishers will be preoccupied with and forced to reconsider their business structures and tactics. I would want to see chances for new authors and artists to create high-quality original works, as well as for publishers to produce high-quality books in Arabic and even to translate them into other languages, continuing to grow in the coming years.
Last but not least, what are you reading at the moment?
Susan Abulhawa’s novel, The Blue Between Sky and Water, is a lovely and extremely powerful story of heartbreak, perseverance, humanity, kinship, and love that will stay with you for a long time.