Here’s How To Start Your Tech Business in Dubai
- Outline Your Business Activities:
- Build Your IT Team:
- Choose Your Company Name:
- Select Your Legal Company Structure:
- Choose Your Company Location:
- Apply for Your Tech Licence:
- Apply for Residence Visa:
- Medical Exam:
- How to open an IT company in Dubai The first thing to do when starting an IT company in Dubai is to seek out a reputable free zone or company formation specialist. Working with an expert can help to avoid wasted time, unnecessary costs and unwanted frustration when making your applications.
How much does it cost to set up a company in Dubai?
Company Registration Fee The exact fee will be determined according to the company’s legal structure, and of course, the chosen free zone. The costs for registering a company in a Dubai free zone is not exceptionally varied; it is usually around the range of AED 9,000 to AED 10,000.
How much money do you need to start a business in Dubai?
To set up an onshore business in Dubai costs a minimum Dh34,340 ($9350), the rankings note, and requires payment of myriad fees. These include Dh15,000 for a general trading licence, plus fees of Dh10,000 to Dubai Municipality, Dh3,000 to the Ministry of Economy and Dh1,200 to Dubai Chamber of Commerce.
How do I start a technology development company?
Actionable 7-Step Guide to Start a Tech Company (With No Money)
- Build an MVP the market wants.
- Validate the app with early adopters.
- Iterate to meet product-market fit.
- Build a skilled and unified founding team.
- Get the funding you need to grow.
- Develop and practice an agile methodology.
- Generate funding and scale team.
Can a foreigner own a company in Dubai?
Yes, a foreigner can start a business in Dubai, and many do. Dubai actively welcomes investors and business owners from overseas. The emirate is home to many company formation experts and setup agents, created to help guide foreign entrepreneurs through the license, visa, and business incorporation processes.
How can I open a company in Dubai?
Key steps to start a business
- Determine the type of legal entity.
- Choose a trade name.
- Apply for a business licence.
- Choose an office space.
- Get pre-approvals, register your business and get your licence.
What is the cheapest Freezone in UAE?
Ajman Media City is the cheapest free zone in UAE. This freezone offers investors a range of business activities and business license types at the lowest cost.
How do I get a DED license?
The DED Trader license is issued electronically wherever you are by visiting dedtrader.ae and following simple steps; create username and password; enter address details, and social media accounts for the project/business; select the activity and trade name and finally pay and receive the license electronically.
How do I register my tech company?
Four major steps to register a company/ startup in India:
- Step 1: Acquire Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Step 2: Acquire Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Step 3: Create an account on MCA portal- New user registration @ mca.gov.in.
- Step 4: Incorporate or Apply for the company to be registered.
How much money does a tech startup need?
It depends on the type of tech startup and the stage of development, but typically a startup will need between $150k and $250k in seed funding (first round). A venture capital firm will usually provide investors with enough leverage to get up to 10% equity in a company.
How do I register a tech startup?
Steps to Register Your Startup With Startup India
- Step 1: Incorporate your Business.
- Step 2: Register with Startup India.
- Step 3: Get DPIIT Recognition.
- Step 4: Recognition Application.
- Step 5: Documents for Registration.
- Step 6: Recognition Number.
- Step 7: Other Areas.
Can you own 100 of a company in Dubai?
With effect from June 1, the UAE will allow 100% foreign ownership on commercial LLC companies of mainland companies. The key change that the amendment will usher in is that the law now allows natural and legal persons, regardless of nationality, to establish and own 100% of their companies in the UAE.
Can I own 100 LLC in UAE?
To what may be called a new dawn for the country’s business community, the implementation of the amendments made to the Commercial Companies Law (CCL) from 1 June 2021, now allows expats to have 100% ownership of business in UAE.
How can I start a business with no money in Dubai?
Low cost business ideas in Dubai, UAE
- Pet sitting. An increasing number of UAE residents now own pets.
- Tutoring / Instruction.
- Cleaning Services.
- Build websites.
- Social media expert.
- E-commerce store.
How to start a technology company in Dubai
The IT business in Dubai has been growing steadily for several years. Some of the most well-known brands in business have established a presence in the emirate, and it’s not difficult to understand why. Due to its high-tech environment, ease of doing business in the sector, and world-class corporate infrastructure, Dubai is frequently referred to as the Silicon Valley of the Middle East. A zero percent tax rate on both personal and corporate income, as well as a quick incorporation procedure, make Delaware the ideal place to start and grow a technology company.
Continue reading if you’re interested in establishing a technology firm in Dubai.
How to start a tech company in Dubai
The first step is to get in touch with the professionals at Dtec. We can assist you with outlining your business operations and selecting a company name before you submit your trade license application to the government. The sort of license you require will be determined by the nature of your business. A wide range of technology-related sub-industries exist, ranging from software creation to hardware sales and beyond. Your business plan must be quite clear about the sort of enterprise you intend to start and operate.
It’s important to follow a few naming rules while coming up with your own unique moniker.
- There are no abbreviations permitted, only full names
- Words that are potentially insulting or profane are not permitted
- It is necessary to be accessible to register.
After you have completed the administrative step, you will be able to submit an application for your technology license. We’ll take care of everything, making certain that your application is complete and error-free to avoid any complications later on in the process.
Documents required to start a technology company in Dtec
Typically, you will be expected to supply some basic documents at this point in the process. This may involve the following:
- Typically, you will be expected to supply some basic documents at this point in the procedure. The following are examples of what you could find:
In addition, you’ll need a visa in order to live and work in the UAE. Ideally, you should submit your application to the appropriate immigration department. Visa applications are processed as part of the primary company registration procedure in a free zone, and can be handled on your behalf if you choose to do business there. In addition to presenting further paperwork, you will be needed to submit to biometric capture, as well as to undertake a medical examination and a fitness examination.
Benefits of starting a technology company in Dubai
The reasons to establish a business in Dubai are many and could cover a whole article on their own. The benefits listed above are only the beginning of what is available. Furthermore, Dubai is home to a plethora of economic free zones, each of which offers its own set of specific advantages to businesses operating there. Entrepreneurs can always retain ownership of their businesses in free zones, in addition to providing universal benefits such as 100 percent customs tax exemptions, capital and profit repatriation, and capital and profit repatriation.
Each free zone also offers a variety of particular incentives, some of which are geared to certain businesses, such as the technology industry.
Advantages of starting a technology company in Dtec
The Dubai Technology Entrepreneur Campus (Dtec) is the ideal location for IT enterprises to establish themselves. In addition to providing a supportive atmosphere for individuals working in the technology business, Dtec offers a variety of workspace packages that are scaled and priced to meet a variety of budgets, including the following: Flexi desks: Setup your company with a workplace in any of our shared areas, if available. Permanent desks: Structure your own fixed workstation in a common space with lockable storage as part of a company’s overall setup.
Not only does Dtec have an excellent collaborative workspace but it also has a large network of mentors, advisers, and instructors who are all open to cooperation, pitches, and investment opportunities.
Dtec also organizes a variety of formal events, such as Partner Labs, the Corporate Partner Network, an annual pitch competition, and many acceleration programs, in addition to providing organic chances to connect and cooperate with the company.
How much does it cost to start a business at Dtec?
It is the ideal location for technology-based enterprises to establish themselves in Dubai. In addition to providing a supportive atmosphere for individuals working in the technology business, Dtec offers a variety of workspace packages that are scaled and priced to meet a variety of budgets, including the following options: The flexibility of a desk allows you to set up your company with a workstation in any of our shared spaces. Lockable storage and a fixed workstation: A company configuration with your own fixed workstation in a common space is available.
Not only does Dtec have an excellent collaborative workspace but it also has a large network of mentors, advisers, and instructors who are all open to cooperation, pitches, and funding possibilities.
Dtec also organizes a variety of formal events, such as Partner Labs, the Corporate Partner Network, an annual pitch competition, and many acceleration programs, in addition to providing organic chances to connect and cooperate with the organization.
Are you ready to start a tech company in Dubai, UAE?
The Dtec Technology Park is the ideal location for launching a technology-related firm in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Apply with us, and we’ll take care of every step of the process for you – from assisting with the creation of a business plan to registering your company name, obtaining licenses and visas, and providing ongoing assistance once your business is up and running. The Dtec community provides a caring and friendly environment for technology startups and entrepreneurs seeking flexible coworking or office space in Dubai.
Do you have a fantastic idea that you would want to see realized?
Collaboration is encouraged at our coworking space, and our accelerator programs and finance arm provide a leg up to emerging businesses establishing themselves in the UAE.
Additionally, our networking events guarantee that you get your name out there and keep on top of the latest industry trends. We take care of everything, allowing you to focus on running your business instead.
Guide For Starting Technology Company In UAE
If you decide to create an information technology firm in Dubai, you will first need to choose what kind of services your company will supply. What type of services will your IT / technology firm provide? Generalized or specialist services? Service that is tailored to your needs Company in the information technology field There are several options to provide clients and firms that specialize in information technology services. Some areas of expertise may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Services in networking, cloud computing, and programming are available. Other services include: Big data, data recovery, and data management, website creation, and design.
Advantages – If you want to concentrate in information technology, you may quickly establish yourself as an expert and industry leader in a particular technology or service. As a result, you may be able to charge higher rates per hour owing to the increased demand for your services and yet maintain a healthy business. Cons – Because you are so specialized, you may lose out on opportunities to provide supplementary services and income streams to your customers. As a result, it is possible that this will have an impact on and hinder the growth and expansion of your company.
Offering generalist services will result in a larger clientele base, which is a plus.
As a generic services provider, your company will need to keep up with the newest industry developments and may want to learn more, seek chances, and enhance the overall operations, resources, and performance of your firm.
As a result, you may not be able to charge as much as a professional information technology firm.
BUILDING YOUR DREAM TEAM
When it comes to creating an IT firm in Dubai, technology is the driving force. Equally vital is having the appropriate people on your team, since they are your most valuable company asset. You must make certain that you have the appropriate professional personnel in place to complete the work that is necessary. If you want to do a good job serving your clients, you need employees that have the necessary experience and are capable of covering all of your company services.
SELECTING YOUR COMPANY NAME
It is advised that you select a company name that accurately expresses the nature of your firm’s operations. A concise, direct, and readily searchable company name is vital in today’s digital environment and search platforms, as well as in today’s business world.
FORMING A LEGAL BUSINESS ENTITY
It is critical to select the most appropriate sort of business structure. Choosing the most appropriate business structure will put the firm in the best possible position, both operationally and economically. Not seeking the appropriate guidance on the company structure and afterwards making a mistake may be both costly and confining to the general operation of the firm.
At Creation, we take a comprehensive approach to business and assess it from top to bottom. We take into account all of the prerequisites for entering the market, such as:
- Investigating the most advantageous method(s) for the organization to invoice
- Investigating the most efficient framework for corporate finance
- And Providing choices for the most advantageous tax management posture currently available
- Determine the most appropriate structure for holding firm assets and intellectual property
- Recognizing the amount of employees who will be required and where they will be stationed Choosing the most cost-effective and appropriate office space and storage, among other things
We create a precise UAE and Dubai firm setup structure after we have concluded our exhaustive approach. The primary alternatives are as follows: LICENSE FOR THE MAINLAND AND ONSHORE If a corporation delivers information technology/technology services to clients who are located in the Chinese mainland, the company is needed to register as a mainland company. The registration of the company with the Dubai Economic Department has been completed. The majority of information technology consulting services are regarded as professional licenses, and a local National Service Agent (NSA) is necessary.
- Choose a company name for the purpose of registering the business. Identify all of the services your company will provide and ask your consultant to confirm that each business activity is permitted under a single license before moving further. Choose your National Service Agent (NSA). It is recommended that you designate a corporate NSA, such as Creation Business Consultants, to represent your interests. Determine who will serve as the General Manager (GM) of the firm
- Make arrangements for your office space leasing (including the tenancy contact and Ejari) as soon as feasible. This is a necessity for completing the company’s registration with the appropriate authorities
- However, it is optional. Make certain that your firm is registered with the Chamber of Commerce. Complete all labor and immigration criteria for the firm in order to be eligible to apply for all investor, employee, spouse, family, and dependent visas.
Some of the advantages of working with a competent IT mainland / onshore licensing firm
- One hundred percent ownership of a professional licensed firm is held by a foreign entity. A professional licensing corporation located on the mainland or offshore must have an appointed agent. For the purpose of meeting this license requirement, Creation Business Consultants will furnish a National Service Agent (NSA). Your firm retains complete control over all financial management and control, as well as voting rights, proxy rights, and earnings. Company formation can be completed in a short period of time. There are no operational constraints and complete liberty to conduct business within Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. Having the ability to contract with and compete on tenders with all UAE government entities as well as mainland clients and Dubai-based businesses
- The ability for the free zone corporation to create a corporate bank account in the United Arab Emirates
- In the United Arab Emirates, there is no business or personal tax. Capital and earnings are fully repatriated in their entirety.
ZONE LICENSE FOR FREE In contrast, if a company provides IT/technology services and its clients are located outside of the United Arab Emirates and the company does not wish to expand its client base to the UAE, the company may choose to register as a free zone IT consultant firm. The registration of your company with the free zone of your choice is complete. In the United Arab Emirates, there are approximately 50 free zones, some of which are dedicated to certain sectors. Dubai Internet City and Dubai Silicon Oasis are the two most important information technology and technology free zones in the city.
There are seven procedures to registering your free zone information technology licensing corporation.
- ZONE LICENSE IS INCLUDED FOR FREE. In contrast, if a company provides IT/technology services and its clients are located outside of the United Arab Emirates and the company does not wish to expand its client base to the UAE, the company can register as a free zone IT consultant firm. The registration of your company with the free zone of your choice is now complete! It is possible to find a free zone for almost any industry in the United Arab Emirates. Dubai Internet City and Dubai Silicon Oasis are the two most important IT/technology free zones in the city. A significant premium is paid for the industry-specific IT/technology free zones in comparison to general free zones in the United Arab Emirates’ northern region. Registration of your free zone information technology licensing corporation is comprised of seven simple procedures.
Having a professional mainland / onshore license has several advantages.
- A free zone licensed firm is one in which the foreign party owns 100 percent of the stock. The firm’s eligibility to apply for UAE resident permits under the auspices of the free zone corporation
- Depending on whatever free zone is selected, there may be flexible office space available. Your firm retains complete control over all financial management and control, as well as voting rights, proxy rights, and earnings. Company formation can be completed in a short period of time depending on the free zone chosen. It is only permitted to operate and provide services within the free zone and offshore. The ability for the free zone corporation to create a corporate bank account in the United Arab Emirates
- In the United Arab Emirates, there is no business or personal tax. Capital and earnings are fully repatriated in their entirety.
How to set up an IT company in Dubai?
The explosive growth of the IT (Information Technology) business on the world stage has left an indelible impact on the year 2020 and beyond. When the COVID-19 pandemic broke out, the IT industry remained resilient and was one of the first sectors to adjust and accept the “new normal.” As a result, if you are considering establishing an information technology firm in Dubai, you have picked the right moment and the perfect location. The United Arab Emirates provides specialized free zones that provide superior infrastructure and a contemporary working environment for establishing an information technology firm in Dubai.
Creating a technology firm that specializes in app development or providing SaaS (software as a service) services is a possibility.
Where to open an IT business in Dubai?
When starting an IT firm in Dubai, one of the most important decisions you will have to make is where the company will be located. If you wish to engage in cross-border business throughout Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, you might choose for the Dubai mainland. The Department of Economic Development provides you with all of the legal approvals you need to start your firm up (DED). Therefore, it is less difficult to orient your firm toward an international perspective and to extend your presence within the United Arab Emirates.
The establishment of a free zone in Dubai is a cost-effective alternative for business formation in the city.
When the business establishment is located in a Dubai free zone, the expatriate might benefit from 100 percent ownership of the company. Fortunately, the United Arab Emirates includes a number of information technology-oriented free zones that make your choice easier.
Suitable jurisdictions for software company:
- A dream free zone for any tech-savvy enthusiast, Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is located in the Emirate of Dubai. Every employee in this free zone is motivated to work even harder to achieve their objectives and to make the world a better place through their technological solutions because of the positive working environment. Furthermore, you will receive a tier 3 data center as well as high-end infrastructure that will make business registration in Dubai a breeze. Dubai Techno Park (DTP): Another free zone that may be used to create your IT firm is Dubai Techno Park. There are no currency limits in the territory, and you may own 100 percent of your company in the region. Aside from that, several multinational corporations and world-class organizations have their IT installations in DTP, making it a premier location for you to launch your software company
- Dubai Internet City (DIC): the DIC is a subsidiary of the TECOM Group and provides an excellent infrastructure for budding information technology companies. The free zone was established in 1999, and its mission has remained the same since then: to create cutting-edge technology solutions. It is the headquarters of prominent information technology firms such as Sony Ericsson, HP, Oracle, Microsoft, and many more.
It is possible to speak with Shuraa Business Setup and experience the benefits of a pleasant commercial establishment in Dubai. When you partner with Shuraa, you will receive support with matters like as location, license, documentation, and so on.
How to open an IT company in Dubai?
Opening an information technology firm in Dubai is simple, and as long as you follow all of the legal requirements and submit the appropriate documentation, you can get your business up and running quickly. The following are the essential procedures in establishing your software firm in the United Arab Emirates:
1. Reserve a legal trade name
Your firm must adhere to all of the rules and regulations imposed by the government in regards to lawful trade names and trademarks. It should not be rude, inflammatory, or derogatory in any way to anybody in any situation. Make sure that if you want to utilize a person’s name for your IT firm, you use the entire name and not an abbreviation or nicknames to avoid confusion.
2. Finalize the business location
Your firm must adhere to all of the rules and regulations imposed by the government in regards to legitimate trade name registration. The content should not be rude, provocative, or derogatory in any way to anybody. Make sure that if you want to utilize a person’s name for your IT firm, you use the complete name and not an abbreviation or nicknames in the title.
3. Complete the required paperwork for your software company
Many legal requirements and document submissions are required as part of the business creation process in Dubai. A business adviser may assist in streamlining the process and ensuring that all paperwork are authorized in a single sitting. The documentation involves things like reserving a trade name and obtaining a valid trading license, among other things.
4. Visa application
An extensive list of legal duties and document submissions must be fulfilled in order for a corporation to be formed in Dubai. With the assistance of a business counselor, you can streamline the procedure and guarantee that all paperwork are authorized in a single sitting. Registration of trade names and acquisition of legal commercial licenses are only a few of the paper work requirements.
Why form an IT company in Dubai?
- Taxation: One of the most important advantages of starting an information technology firm in Dubai is the absence of corporation taxes and the ability to repatriate profits (if the company is located in a free zone). Furthermore, you benefit from the hassle-free availability of resources such as high-quality labor that has been relocated from all over the world, as well as modern internet facilities. Affordability and accessibility:Dubai provides investors with good market conditions and easy access to the world’s markets. Start-up companies located in Dubai have a competitive advantage over their counterparts in their respective industries. With the widespread use of information and communications technologies in the region, along with digital implementation, the region has become a popular destination for new-age investors and emerging businesses. Free zones: Of all the Emirates, Dubai is the most well regarded, and it provides a number of free zones to attract both local and international investors to set up shop and grow their enterprises. Business opportunities in Dubai’s information technology-oriented free zones are promising, with office structures and lodging places for enterprises and their employees. If your information technology firm works in the United Arab Emirates, it will undoubtedly reap benefits.
Documents required for IT company formation
In order to start an information technology firm in the United Arab Emirates, you must submit specific paperwork to the Department of Economic Development (DED) or the relevant authorities.
Check out the list below to prepare for your software company:
- Copies of the owner’s and partner’s passports
- Copies of the company’s bylaws
- Payment evidence for the initial approval fees
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the sponsors
- And a copy of the initial approval fees receipt. A partnership agreement must be executed in the presence of a notary public. A single investor is needed to pay 10,000 Dirhams as a security deposit, while partners who hold a professional license are required to pay 20,000 Dirhams as a security deposit. Having a dedicated office for the company, for which the owner can enter into a leasing arrangement, is essential. Copy of the naturalization books from a local partner
It is possible to register information technology businesses as both a fully-owned professional company and a sole proprietorship under the administration of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Shuraa – Your Business Companion
You made the proper decision by deciding to establish an information technology firm in Dubai. The sector has gained up speed in recent years and is on the verge of reaching its zenith at this point. All that remains is for you to make another excellent decision about a convenient business setup in the United Arab Emirates. At Shuraa, we assist businesses in establishing themselves in Dubai with our experienced counsel, and we continue to support them once they have successfully established themselves.
We’re here to assist you and would be delighted to take on the duty of establishing your information technology firm in Dubai while keeping you in complete comfort.
Here’s How To Start Your Tech Business in Dubai
Dubai’s technological and business landscape is evolving rapidly. Dubai is home to numerous successful start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), but none is more robust and well-resourced than the technology industry. In response to the recent technological breakthrough, numerous investors, IT entrepreneurs and incubators have relocated their operations to Dubai. Today, we may anticipate that figure to be far greater. With Dubai alone accounting for 93 percent of all digital start-ups in the United Arab Emirates, it is unquestionably the world’s most important technological cluster.
- Starting a business in Dubai’s greatest ecosystem for start-ups is simple when you have the appropriate type of assistance.
- There is no better site for new technology enterprises wishing to gain access to this fantastic ecosystem than a technology center like Dubai.
- Here’s how to get your technology company off the ground in Dubai.
- The first step is to figure out what kind of business you want to start and stick with it. It is determined by your company activity which sort of license you will need to submit an application for. There are several subsectors within the technology industry, spanning from software creation to hardware sales, IT services, and other related areas of expertise. Prior to starting your IT firm, you must select what sort of services you want it to deliver – generalist IT services or specialized IT services. Preparing a detailed outline of your company’s operations will make the remainder of the setup procedure much more uncomplicated.
2. Assemble an Information Technology (IT) team:
- The ability to put together the correct team of technology specialists and competent personnel is vital to the success of an IT organization. Employees must possess the necessary technical competence in order to perform their duties effectively and deliver excellent customer service.
3. Choose a name for your company:
- Pick a name for your business:
- Instead of using an abbreviation, the entire name should be used. should not include any objectionable language
- Should be available for registration
4. Decide on the legal structure of your company:
- In order to establish a legal business organization, you must first determine the most appropriate company structure after conducting an operational and financial analysis of your firm and taking into account market entrance criteria. Company creation can be accomplished through a variety of legal corporate forms, including a sole proprietorship, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), a franchise company, a branch of a foreign corporation, a representative office, a trust company, a commercial agency, and others.
5. Select the location of your company:
- It is critical to locate your company in the most advantageous place possible. Mainland (onshore) business setup, offshore business setup, and free zone business setup are all possibilities. Each site option has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
6. Submit an application for your Tech Licence:
- The following documents are typically required to be presented with the completed application for a technical license:
- Copy of the manager of the proposed company, director of the proposed company, and any legal representative (if nominated by the business)
- Copy of the manager of the proposed company’s passport and visa
- A copy of your Emirates ID (if you have one)
- Copy of the applicant’s business license (as well as copies for all shareholders)
- Your business plan’s executive summary Certificate of Birth with Attestation
7. Submit an application for a residence visa:
- In addition, you will require a visa in order to live and work in the UAE. You can do this by submitting an application to the appropriate immigration department. Alternatively, if you want to establish your technology firm in a free zone, the application for a resident visa will be included in the initial company registration procedure.
8. Medical Examination:
- After submitting all of your papers, you will be required to undertake a biometric scan as well as a medical examination to ensure that you are physically healthy.
9. Sign and collect the necessary documents:
- The final stage in the creation of a technology firm in Dubai is to sign and gather the necessary paperwork. A lease, an Article of Association (AOA), a Memorandum of Association (MOA), a Company Licence, and a Certificate of Incorporation are examples of such documents.
Which is better for starting a tech business in Dubai: the Mainland or the Free Zone? One of the most difficult decisions every entrepreneur must make when establishing a business in Dubai is deciding whether to locate in a free zone or on the mainland of the city. Your selection may differ depending on the requirements of your organization. Setting up a free zone is rather straightforward. Each free zone has its own set of laws and restrictions. A few of the most significant advantages of establishing an enterprise in a free zone are 100 percent foreign ownership, zero percent corporate and personal tax, total exemption from import/export taxes, and 100 percent repatriation of capital and earnings, among other things.
- Another restriction placed on free zone businesses is that they are unable to apply for, bid on, or submit bids for lucrative government contracts.
- Mainland Establishment: Foreign investors have a number of appealing choices for establishing their technology firms on the UAE’s mainland.
- A mainland entity is required to have a local sponsor who owns 51 percent of the company’s shares in order to operate.
- An additional advantage of establishing a presence on the mainland is the ability to apply for, bid on, and submit tenders for a variety of lucrative local government contracts.
Since technology is becoming a primary priority across all government agencies in the United Arab Emirates, more and more contract possibilities are becoming accessible for technology companies. The following are the most compelling reasons to locate your technology company on the mainland:
- The ability to conduct business with local and government agencies in any location of the United Arab Emirates. Obtaining access to the international market
- Personal and corporate income taxes are both zero percent
- Employment permits for an unlimited number of people (the number depends on the size of the office space)
- Anywhere on Dubai’s mainland can be used as a location for an office building. The ability to expand the scope of a company’s operations
- There is virtually limitless development potential
In Dubai, why is this a good time to start a technology-related business? If you are faced with the extraordinary conditions brought on by the worldwide COVID-19 epidemic, you may determine that it is best to postpone any plans to establish a tech firm until the pandemic has passed. However, in actuality, this might be the finest time in history to start a new business venture. Your company concept might take off right away, thanks to the growing desire for new ways to work and sell, as well as the need for novel ways to deliver in-demand items.
In other words, the current epidemic presents one of the finest opportunities to launch a technology firm.
- Increased Use of Technology: During the epidemic, there is a significant increase in the adoption of technology across the world. The usage of online platforms to work remotely, purchase for products and services, communicate with family and friends, and execute routine duties has expanded significantly as a result of COVID-19-induced lockdowns and stringent mobility restrictions. Furthermore, the expansion of e-commerce has been exponential. As a result, it is an excellent moment to establish a technology-related firm in Dubai.
- As a result of the epidemic, many huge corporations have scaled back operations and reduced their employees, making this an excellent moment to seize the chance and get your tech firm up and running when the competition is far lower than usual.
The process of establishing a profitable company during a severe economic slump has been observed several times in the past. Companies such as Airbnb and Uber have demonstrated that a business can be successful even under the most difficult of circumstances and in the face of uncertainty.
- The following are the most recent announcements in Dubai’s technology and digital industries:
- The establishment of the Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy was recently announced by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum. A key role in Dubai’s transformation into a worldwide technology powerhouse will be played by the Chamber of Commerce. It would include the following features:
- Initiate new projects and efforts to attract global investment in e-commerce and digital technologies
- Develop a cutting-edge digital infrastructure
- And offer incentives and facilities to attract talents and entrepreneurs in advanced technologies from across the world. Accelerate the use of digital technology in social and economic activities in order to keep up with global trends. Develop digital development plans in collaboration with global corporations and institutions in order to keep up with future technology developments. Create a network of IT entrepreneurs and investment funds from across the world, both locally and internationally.
- The ruler of Dubai recently announced the launch of a national program for coders in collaboration with major technology companies, including Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM, AWS, Cisco, HPE, LinkedIn, Nvidia, and Facebook. The program will be funded by a combination of government and private funding. To achieve these goals, a national program for programmers is being launched, with the goal of training 100,000 coders, establishing 1,000 tech firms that will go worldwide, and increasing start-up investments in order to generate new sorts of jobs in the rapidly rising digital economy.
- Business Ease in Dubai: The government of Dubai has built new regulatory frameworks, banking alliances, and increased venture capital investment in order to make doing business in Dubai easier. It has also made changes to its rules in order to better fulfill the needs of start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The UAE government recently announced a slew of reforms to the country’s residency and citizenship legislation, making it possible to live in the country for an extended period of time without the requirement for a national sponsor. Using the Dubai DED Instant Licensing service, businesses may receive a business license in less than five minutes, without the need for pre-approvals. The government is committed to assisting start-ups by making essential services available at a reduced cost on an ongoing basis. Borrowing rates and rental rates are currently lower than they have been in the past. Starting a tech firm is a viable and profitable endeavor for entrepreneurs who have access to a variety of services and resources.
- Future Growth Prospects of the Technology Industry: According to industry experts, the demand for sophisticated technology services in the area will continue to grow in the future years. These are especially true for Dubai, which makes extensive use of artificial intelligence, big data, and internet-connected products, as well as promoting digital start-ups and SMEs throughout the area.
Conclusion: Establishing a technology-based firm in the United Arab Emirates might be a difficult task. Numerous components of business creation are specific to each situation, such as legal requirements, residence visas, and license registration, all of which must be carefully considered. You should seek expert guidance on company setup solutions and support services when starting a tech firm in the UAE, because there are so many alternatives available. This will help you make the best decision possible at the outset of your start-up journey.
In this case, if you are ready to launch your technology firm in Dubai, here is what you need to know about Creative Zone.
We have a team of skilled Business Consultants and Advisors at Creative Zone that can assist you through the process every step of the way.
Here’s how to do it.
- Making the decision to start a technology company in the United Arab Emirates may be a difficult task. Numerous components of business creation are specific to each situation, such as legal requirements, residence visas, and license registration, all of which must be thoroughly considered. You should get expert guidance on company setup solutions and support services when starting a tech firm in the UAE, because there are so many alternatives available. This will help you make the best decision possible at the outset of your venture’s journey. You might launch your technology firm within days after filing your license application with the help of a company formation adviser with extensive expertise, such as Creative Zone. Here is how Creative Zone can assist you if you are ready to launch your IT firm in Dubai. The Creative Zone Can Help You in a Variety of Ways If you are wanting to establish a technology business in Dubai but aren’t sure where to start, our team of skilled Business Consultants and Advisors at Creative Zone will assist you at every step of the way. Contact us now for more information. To do so, follow these steps:
Our business setup advisors have a plethora of expertise and experience in all forms of company formations, and they can ensure that you have a trouble-free and hassle-free business incorporation experience. Get in touch with one of our tech business setup specialists now by calling 800 LICENCE (5423673).
How to Startup a Tech-based Company in a UAE Free Zone
How to Launch a Technology-Based Company in the United Arab Emirates As the region’s premier startup center, the United Arab Emirates is drawing a growing number of tech entrepreneurs from across the world who are keen to take advantage of the remarkable infrastructure and support services on offer. As technology becomes more widely available and inventive, business operations are developing to meet the needs of this growing segment of the economy. It is no longer a surprise that the United Arab Emirates is investing heavily in digital technology to shape its future commercial landscape.
- Fintech, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and other developing industries are only a few examples of the many promising new industries.
- New measures in the areas of regulation, working conditions, and finance to assist entrepreneurs are being introduced.
- Dubai is often regarded as the world’s most forward-thinking metropolis.
- However, while Dubai has long been regarded as the region’s economic hub, it is only recently that we have begun to witness the effect of techpreneurs and large-scale technology firm investment.
- Because of the favorable legislative and financial climate, numerous Free Zones have emerged as key centres for entrepreneurs launching new businesses.
- In addition to providing world-class facilities, it also has a strategic position on the country’s east coast, making it an ideal place for a wide range of commercial activity.
- Your new firm can benefit from perks such as 100 percent company ownership, zero percent corporate and personal tax, and 100 percent repatriation of capital and earnings if it is located in a Free Zone such as Fujairah Creative City Free Zone.
- Activities such as e-commerce or other tech-related services, such as IT consulting, software development, sales, and many others, can be developed in this location.
- It is possible to obtain your business license and have your firm up and running swiftly and effectively if you make an advance payment of AED 17,000.
- If you are not interested in starting a business or forming a corporation, this is the choice for you.
- Learn more about the advantages of registering your technology firm in a Free Zone or on the Dubai Mainland by speaking with one of our Business Setup Advisors.
Our team of company formation professionals will assist you with the formation of your company from the beginning to the end of your business’s existence. Contact us at +9714 567 7333 or via live chat right now.
Open an IT Company in Dubai
Many investment options exist in Dubai for individuals looking to start their own business. Several multinational corporations have established branches in Dubai, but the city also provides a wide range of options for smaller information technology businesses as well. Once all of the prerequisites have been satisfied, the incorporation procedure is rather straightforward. We’ll go through the essential requirements you’ll need to meet when starting an IT firm in Dubai in the section below. The establishment of an information technology firm may be accomplished in a short period of time with the assistance of our company formation agents in Dubai.
Requirements to open an IT company in Dubai
The information technology industry has begun to gain popularity among both local and international investors interested in establishing businesses in Dubai. One of the reasons for the popularity of this industry is the fact that the United Arab Emirates is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the Middle East, with the government of the country itself being quite technologically advanced in this regard thanks to the online services provided to the population and businesses in the country, among other factors.
These are some examples:
- Decide whether the company will be established on Dubai’s mainland or in one of the city’s free economic zones
- Select the legal entity under which the company will operate (a limited liability company is most often preferred)
- Begin the company formation procedure by reserving a trading name and drafting the Articles of Association
- And complete the company registration process with the Trade Register in Dubai or the free zone authority, depending on where the company will be established.
Decide whether the company will be established on Dubai’s mainland or in one of the city’s free economic zones; select the legal entity under which the company will operate (a limited liability company is most commonly used); begin the company formation procedure by reserving a trading name and drafting the Articles of Association; and complete the company registration process with the Trade Register in Dubai or the free zone authority, depending on where the company will be established.
Obtaining a professional license for an IT company in Dubai
Before establishing a Dubai information technology firm, one must first get a professional license that will enable him or her to conduct commercial operations. The Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai is responsible for issuing the professional license. The first step in acquiring the license is to engage the services of a local agent who will handle the process of obtaining the employment visa, the license, and any other documentation that may be necessary. There are two phases to acquiring a professional license in Dubai: reserving a business name and getting authorisation for the activity to be carried out with the Department of Economic Development in the city.
When the owner has one or more partners, it is also permissible to form a civil corporation.
In Dubai, there is no minimum share capital requirement for civil corporations, however the amount of the share capital must be specified in the articles of association of the IT firm. The following video outlines the basic stages involved in establishing an information technology firm in Dubai:
What documents are required in order to open an IT company in Dubai?
In order to register with the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai, the following papers must be submitted:
- Passport copies of the individual requesting the license and his or her partners
- Evidence of payment of the initial approval fee
- A copy of the local partner’s naturalization book
- And proof of payment of the first approval fee. a letter from their sponsors stating that they have no objections to their expatriate partners
- A security deposit of 20,000 Dirhams is needed from each partner in a professional license
- A security deposit of 10,000 Dirhams is required from a single investment
- And the partnership agreement must be completed in front of a notary.
The IT companymust have a registered office, which is why the owner is also needed to provide a lease agreement when applying for a professional license in the field of information technology.
Where can one start an IT business in Dubai?
Due to the fact that an IT firm must have a physical location to conduct business, the owner must also provide a lease agreement with his or her application for a professional license.
Investment opportunities in the IT sector in Dubai
When it comes to beginning a business in the United Arab Emirates, Dubaiis one of the most sought-after emirates. This is due to the fact that the local government is heavily involved in providing help to local and international investors who wish to conduct business in the emirate. As a result, Dubai today has the biggest number of free zones in the Middle East, which is a result of this. Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the most active free zones in the world when it comes to information technology operations.
- The Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the most prominent information technology (IT) centres in the Middle East, and it offers cutting-edge technical facilities.
- Aside from that, it is worth mentioning that in 2015, European firms accounted for 20 percent of all new enterprises founded in Dubai Silicon Oasis.
- In the beginning, huge American information technology companies established offices in Dubai Internet City; subsequently, the free zone proved attractive to entrepreneurs launching new businesses in Dubai.
- For those who wish to establish a business in Dubai or inside one of its free zones, you may delegate the full business registration process to one of our local agents.
Why open an IT business in Dubai?
One of the most compelling arguments for a foreign investor to start an information technology firm in Dubai is the absence of corporation taxes and the ability to repatriate earnings if the company is located in a free zone. Aside from tax issues, international investors in Dubai have access to a big pool of bright professionals who have relocated to the city from all over the world, as well as one of the most advanced Internet infrastructures in the Middle East and North Africa.
The benefits provided to the IT business in the United Arab Emirates may be found out more by contacting our company incorporation agents in Dubai.
Dubai as an international IT hub
Foreign investors seeking to establish information technology (IT) enterprises in Dubai might also explore for opportunities in mainland Dubai, even though they would require the assistance of a local sponsor. The most significant advantage that can be gained from establishing an information technology firm in Dubai is the ability to provide services to clients all over the world. This is due to the fact that Dubai is quite reputable in terms of its business climate. If you want assistance in establishing an information technology firm, our company registration agents in Dubai can assist you.
- In the city, which has a population of more than 2.5 million people, information and communication technology adoption rates are among the highest in the region
- By 2021, the government hopes to cover 90 percent of the daily needs of the population through digital services
- By 2021, the city municipality also plans on relying on an autonomous transportation system, with 12 percent of all city trips being completed through such a system
- The use of public transportation is also high in the city
Establishing an information technology business does not take long, and our company formation agents in Dubai can supply you with all of the information you need to get the firm up and running. You can get in touch with us if you have any inquiries about business registration in Dubai.
Create a Company in Information Technology in Dubai
Dubai has seen a significant growth in the number of people using the Internet over the previous decade. More importantly, throughout the last several years, the information technology industry has advanced even further, as the authorities began adopting systems that have converted Dubai into a smart city, with numerous state institutions communicating with one another through the Internet. In addition, Dubaiis home to a number of free zones that cater to the demands of IT businesses that have established themselves in the nation and taken advantage of the numerous advantages that are available.
OurDubai business formation consultantscan provide information on the legislation that applies to information technology enterprises in the UAE.
Registering an IT company in Dubai
Choosing where your firm will conduct its operations is the first step in establishing a company in the information technology industry in Dubai. Will your company conduct its operations in Dubai or in one of its free zones? There are a number of free zones in the emirate that are suitable for establishing businesses in the information technology industry, including Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Village, and Dubai Outsource Zone, to name a few. While offshore information technology businesses must register with the Dubai Trade Register in order to conduct business in Dubai, free zone enterprises must register with the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (TECOM) in order to conduct business in a Dubai free zone.
Licenses for companies in the information technology sector in Dubai
When forming a company in the information technology industry in Dubai, the first thing to decide is where the firm will conduct its operations: in Dubai or in one of the city’s free trade zones. There are a number of free zones in the emirate that are suitable for establishing enterprises in the information technology industry, including Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Village, and Dubai Outsource Zone, to name a few. Businesses operating in Dubai’s free zones must register with the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (TECOM) rather than the Dubai Trade Register, whereas offshore IT companies must register with the Dubai Trade Register.
Companies in the information technology industry, both onshore and offshore, can benefit from the services of our company registration agents in Dubai.
The professional license is accessible to persons who develop software or other information technology programs, whilst the other allows businesses to market their goods. It is also possible for IT firms to purchase and register domain names in Dubai, taking into account the expansion of e-commerce and the latest rules allowing this type of organization to carry out operations in the online environment Please contact us if you would want more detailed information on the prerequisites for establishing a firm in the information technology industry in Dubai.