Dubai trip cost
How much should I budget for a trip to Dubai?
How much does a Dubai trip cost? Budget of rs. 25,000 to 30,000 is a good budget to have a trip to Dubai. This includes plane tickets round trip around 15000, Food and Accomodation of 8000 and others are miscellaneous.
Is visiting Dubai expensive?
In general, prices in Dubai are comparable to other major cities in the world. Accommodation and tours can be quite expensive, but there is so much choice that you can make it more budget-friendly if you wish. Restaurant prices are comparable to those in Western European cities.
How much is a 7-day trip to Disney World?
However, the price per day goes down significantly with longer length Disney World tickets. For example, a 1-day ticket for one park in 2021 starts at $109, but a 7-day base ticket for 2021 starts as low as $67 per day – a $42 per day discount!
How much is a 7-day trip to Dubai?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Dubai is $1,498 for a solo traveler, $2,690 for a couple, and $5,044 for a family of 4. Dubai hotels range from $35 to $107 per night with an average of $46, while most vacation rentals will cost $210 to $530 per night for the entire home.
How much does a 7-day trip to Dubai cost?
The average cost of a 7-day trip in Dubai is around 1,00,000 to 2,50,000 depending upon the number of travellers, amenities included in the package, and the type of travel they intend to experience (luxury, budget).
How can I go to Dubai for free?
Explore Dubai’s culture for free
- EXPLORE THE STREETS OF AL SEEF. Al Seef is one of the best free places to visit in Dubai.
- SEE SOME STREET ART AT AL KARAMA.
- Tour the Bur Dubai Grand Mosque.
- Free road trips from Alserkal Avenue.
- Visit the camel racing festival.
- Visit a beach library.
- VISIT THE SOUKS IN DUBAI.
Is Gucci cheaper in Dubai?
Comparing it to the price that I’d pay in the US and ultimately pay upon conversion, it’s still cheaper. Gucci is also similar in the price saving.
What language do they speak in Dubai?
The official language of the United Arab Emirates is Arabic. Modern Standard Arabic is taught in schools, and most native Emiratis speak a dialect of Gulf Arabic that is generally similar to that spoken in surrounding countries.
Is Dubai cheaper than USA?
On the flip side, the cost of items such as bottled water and soft drinks are almost 300% lower in Dubai than in the US. Due to these extremes in pricing, Dubai, somewhat surprisingly, ends up slightly cheaper all-round for grocery shopping.
Can you use USD in Dubai?
Yes, US dollars are widely accepted in Dubai. You will have to ask for a translation from their currency to determine price but there is no problem.
Is Dubai expensive to eat?
Eating out in Dubai isn’t much different to most cities in the world, unless you are dining at the Burj Al Arab. There are a number of fine dining options to choose from, however on average the cost of a 2-3 course meal at a mid-priced restaurant would cost about Dhs100-150 per person (about US $30-40).
Can you drink in Dubai?
Drinking Is A-OK, in the Right Places Tourists are permitted to drink in licensed restaurants, hotels and bars attached to licensed hotels. It is unacceptable and punishable to drink in public places—even beaches. Dubai is incredibly strict about public drunkenness and has zero tolerance for drinking and driving.
Cost of a Trip to Dubai, AE & the Cheapest Time to Visit Dubai
It costs an average of $1,498 for a seven-day vacation to Dubai for a single traveler, $2,690 for a couple, and $5,044 for a family of four to visit. Dubai hotels range in price from $35 to $107 per night, with an average of $46, while the majority of vacation rentals will cost between $210 and $530 per night for the complete property, depending on the size. The average cost of a round-trip flight to Dubai International Airport (DXB) from anywhere in the globe is between $722 and $1,105 per person for economy class and $2,266 to $3,467 per person for first class.
Costs for an average, budget, and luxury trip are shown below.
The Cheapest Times to Visit Dubai, AE
On average, the following dates will be the most affordable for flying to DXB and staying at a Dubai hotel:
- From January 8th to March 25th
- From August 27th to December 9th
- And from December 9th to January 8th.
Early November is traditionally the most affordable time of year to travel to Dubai for a holiday.
Average Dubai Trip Costs
Approximately $861-$2,286 (or $123-$327 per day) is the average cost for a single individual to visit Dubai for a week. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $26 to $53 per day for a single person’s daily expenses. Flights range from $445 to $961 for economy class. Lodging costs between $39 and $47 per night for a 2- or 3-star hotel room, or between $130 and $159 per night for a 1-bedroom holiday home.
Average Couple’s Trip
The average cost of a week’s vacation in Dubai for a couple is $2,042-$3,906 (or $292-558 per day), according to Travelocity. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $52 to $106 per day for a couple’s daily expenses. Flights range from $890 to $1,922 for economy class. Lodging costs between $39 and $47 per night for a 2- or 3-star hotel room, or between $130 and $159 per night for a 1-bedroom holiday home.
Average Family Vacation
The average cost for four persons to go to Dubai for a week is $2,976-$6,666 ($425-$952 per day), depending on the season. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $104 to $212 per day for four people’s daily living expenditures. Flights range from $1,780 to $3,844 for economy class. Accommodations range from $78 to $94 per night for two 2- or 3-star hotel rooms, or from $208 to $223 per night for a 2-bed vacation rental.
Traveling Cheap to Dubai
What is the cheapest way to travel to Dubai for a vacation? In the case of visitors who are ready to take standby flights, cope with inconvenience, and generally reduce travel expenses, the cheapest journey to Dubai costs around $101 per person per day. Rentals in the $0 to $100 range for an entire home are accessible in around 1% of the rental market, while holiday rentals may be leased for as little as $64 per night. These low-cost rentals must be reserved as soon as possible, and they may not be located in the most desired locations.
Depending on where you reside and whether or not you are able to drive, even more affordable excursions are feasible. More money-saving suggestions might be found by looking at the lowest flight times.
Budget Solo Traveler
The cheapest week-long trip to Dubai for one person costs between $710 and $1,714 (or between $110 and $245 each day). Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $13 to $27 per day for a single person’s daily expenses. Flights range from $445 to $961 for economy class. Lodging: A 1-star hotel room costs between $29 and $35 per night, while a 1-bed vacation rental costs between $64 and $94 per night.
Budget Couple’s Trip
The cheapest week-long trip to Dubai for one person costs between $710 and $1,714 (or $110 and $245 a day), according to the Dubai Tourism Authority. Expenses for food, transportation, and sightseeing range from $13 to $27 a day for a single person’s daily needs. Plane tickets cost from $445 and $961 depending on class of service. Lodging costs between $29 and $35 per night for a one-star hotel room or between $64 and $94 per night for a one-bedroom vacation home.
Budget Family Vacation
The cheapest week-long trip to Dubai for four individuals costs between $2,492 and $5,392 (or $356 and $770 each day). Costs for food, transportation, and sightseeing range from $52 to $108 a day for four people’s daily expenses. Flights range from $1,780 to $3,844 for economy class. The cost of two 1-star hotel rooms is from $58 to $70 per night; the cost of a 2-bed vacation rental ranges from $96 to $132 per night. In general, it is simple to go to Dubai on a budget.
The Cost of a Luxury Dubai Trip
Because there is no definitive maximum on the expense of a luxury vacation, our estimations are based on what the majority of visitors to Dubai do.
Luxury Solo Traveler
An individual’s high-end pricing for a week’s visit to Dubai ranges from $1,947 to $9,409 (or $278 to $1,344 per day). Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $49 to $95 per day for a single person’s daily expenses. Flights cost between $1,322 and $2,066 in first class. For lodging, expect to pay between $47 and $107 per night for a 4- or 5-star hotel room, or between $530 and $1,113 per night for a preferred vacation rental.
Luxury Couple’s Trip
It costs $3,612-$12,140 ($516-$1,734 per day) for a couple to go to Dubai for a week at the top end of the market. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $98 to $190 per day for two people’s daily living expenditures. Flights cost between $2,644 and $4,132 in first class. For lodging, expect to pay between $47 and $107 per night for a 4- or 5-star hotel room, or between $530 and $1,113 per night for a preferred vacation rental.
Luxury Family Vacation
It costs $7,224-$20,272 ($1,032-$2,896 a day) for four people to visit Dubai for a week at the top end of the market. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $196 to $380 per day for four people’s daily living expenditures. Flights cost between $5,288 and $8,264 in first class. The cost of two 4- or 5-star hotel rooms is from $94 to $214 per night; the cost of a preferred vacation rental ranges from $848 to $1,558 per night.
Dubai Hotel Prices
The cost of living in Dubai is lower than the cost of living in the average metropolis. Hotels are often less costly than vacation rentals on a per-night basis.
Luxury vacation rentals in Dubai are more expensive than in other parts of the world because of the high cost of real estate in the city. It is seen in the graphs below how much a fee might vary based on the sort of experience you are seeking.
Dubai Lodging Cost by Star Status
On the (y) axis, you can see the average price for each hotel category. The (x) axis represents the hotel’s star rating (out of 5 stars). Pricing are based on averages for Dubai hotels and may not be accurate representations of current prices. In certain circumstances, we extrapolate pricing in order to estimate expenditures, and hotels with the star grade you seek may not be accessible at the time.
Vacation Rental Prices
On the left (y) axis, you can see the percentage of holiday rentals in the pricing range. The bottom (x) axis represents the price range. In Dubai, there is a plentiful supply of holiday rentals to suit a variety of price ranges.
Flight Costs to Dubai
Prices for round-the-world flights range from a high of $1,105 in late December to a low of $722 in early November, based on an average of all flights. The average cost of a flight is $676. Based on millions of flight bookings, these costs have been calculated. As of this writing, our data for Dubai covers 410 origination airports and 194 airline carriers. When compared to other areas, the price variance in this area is on the average. If you fly to Dubai from an airport in the United States such as Savoonga (SVA) in Savoonga, Alaska (the United States) for an average trip fare of $9,251, it will obviously cost a lot more than if you fly to Dubai from an airport in Bahrain such as Bahrain International (BAH) in Manama (Bahrain) for an average fare of $168.
Average Flight Cost by Season
Flight Costs Around the World
Average Flight Cost by Day of Week
Prices on the Day of Departure Prices for the next day In general, Tuesdays are the cheapest days to travel into town, and Tuesdays are the cheapest days to fly back out of town. To view information on the cost of flights from your airport, please visit this page. With a $383 difference between the cheapest and most costly week in Dubai, following our free flight advice and booking in advance may easily save you up to 53 percent on your travel costs there.
Daily Expenses Budget
Daily vacation expenditures are more variable and depend on what you want to accomplish on your trip. Fine dining restaurants with beverages in Dubai can easily cost $200 per person or more, but a normal decent lunch may cost as little as $13 per person in the United States. Taking a private tour can cost up to $403 per day, however self-guided excursions of the outdoor attractions can be done for free. Due to the wide range of costs, suggestions are made based on the cost of living in the area and the averages we have seen for this sort of trip.
Other Dubai Guides
- Deira, United Arab Emirates
- Bur Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Garhoud, United Arab Emirates
- Trade Center, United Arab Emirates
- Al Qusais, United Arab Emirates
- Downtown Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Al Majaz, United Arab Emirates
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Rumailah, United Arab Emirates
- Ajman, United Arab Emirates
Dubai Travel Cost – Average Price of a Vacation to Dubai: Food & Meal Budget, Daily & Weekly Expenses
Do you know how much money you’ll need for your vacation to Dubai? It is recommended that you budget around AED729 ($198) per day for your holiday in Dubai, which is the average daily price based on the expenditures of previous travelers. Travelers in the past have spent an average of AED164 ($45) on meals for one day and AED38 ($10) on local transportation in Abu Dhabi. Aside from that, the average hotel rate in Dubai for a couple is AED998 ($272) per night.
As a result, a one-week trip to Dubai for two individuals will cost on average AED10,202 ($2,778) in total. Every one of these average travel prices has been compiled from the experiences of previous travelers to assist you in creating your own trip budget.
How expensive is Dubai? How much money do I need for Dubai?
What is the approximate cost of a vacation to Dubai? Is Dubai a high-priced destination? The average cost of a vacation to Dubai is broken down by category on this page. All of these Dubai rates have been computed based on the budgets of actual tourists visiting Dubai.
Accommodation Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you The average cost of a night’s lodging in Dubai for a single individual is AED499. The average price of a hotel room in Dubai for two people sharing a regular double-occupancy room is AED998, according to Booking.com.
- Accommodation 1: Hotel or hostel for one personAED499
- Accommodation 1: Typical double-occupancy roomAED998
- Accommodation 2: Hotel or hostel for two peopleAED499
- Accommodation 3: Hotel or hostel for three peopleAED499
- Accommodation 4: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 5: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 6: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 7: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
What is the average cost of a holiday rental in Dubai? Prices vary depending on the location, the date, the size of the space, and the level of luxury desired. See the alternatives listed below.
Transportation Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of a cab journey in Dubai is much higher than the cost of public transportation in the country. In the past, tourists have spent an average of AED38 per person, per day, on local transportation in Dubai
- Transportation 1Taxis, local buses, subway, and other modes of public transit AED38
What is the approximate cost of a vacation to Dubai? It is, of course, dependent on the dates. We recommend Kayak because they can locate the greatest discounts across all airlines, which is why they are our top recommendation. The cost of renting a car in Dubai is determined by the dates you choose, the type of automobile you choose, the location you choose, and your age. It is recommended that you utilize Kayak because they are able to locate the best discounts across all vehicle rental businesses.
These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Food Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of food in Dubai varies depending on where you live, but on average it costs AED164 per day. A typical supper in Dubai, based on the spending habits of recent visitors, should cost around AED65 per person while dining out in an establishment. Generally speaking, breakfast is a little less expensive than lunch or supper. The price of food at sit-down restaurants in Dubai is frequently higher than the price of food in fast food restaurants or street food vendors. AED164 for two meals for one day
Prices for food in Dubai are mentioned below in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
- In Dubai Mall, a sumo salad with juice costs AED38
- Lemon mint tea costs AED16
- Coffee cake costs AED24
- A smoothie costs AED20
- Shawarma is AED7.00.
Entertainment Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of entertainment and activities in Dubai is approximately AED56 per person, per day on average, according to the Dubai Tourism Board. These charges include the prices paid for entry tickets to museums and attractions as well as day excursions and other tourist activities. AED56 for entrance tickets, performances, and other entertainment.
Prices for entertainment in Dubai are mentioned below in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Tips and Handouts Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, the average daily rate for Tips and Handouts is AED6.50 (around $6.50). In Dubai, the customary amount for a gratuity is between 5 percent and 15 percent. 1AED6.50 for guides or service providers
- 2AED6.50 for tourists.
Alcohol Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, the typical consumer spends around AED66 per day on alcoholic beverages, according to statistics. The more money you spend on booze, the more likely it is that you will have more pleasure despite your greater spending budget. AED66 for two drinks on one day of alcohol
Prices for alcoholic beverages in Dubai are mentioned in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Water Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, residents spend an average of AED3.62 per day on bottled water, according to statistics. Drinking public water in Dubai is regarded to be completely safe. Water 2 Bottled water for a day (AED3.62 per liter)
Dubai On a Budget
Dubai Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a firsthand look into the lifestyles of the affluent and famous? There isn’t a more upmarket vacation location in the world than Dubai. It is, without a doubt, the best place in the world for shopping, partying, sunbathing, exquisite eating, and the most lavish of luxurious experiences. As the most modern and advanced of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates, this region has enjoyed an incredible economic growth as well as a significant increase in tourist arrivals and spending.
- The climate in the area is classified as subtropical.
- Also bear in mind that their weekend is from Thursday to Saturday, not Sunday to Monday.
- Remember to conduct thorough research.
- They adhere to rigorous sharia regulations, so make sure to show them the utmost respect.
For example, do not eat in public during Ramadan, do not criticize the royal family, and do not express affection in public throughout this month. It is possible to spend a month in jail simply for losing your anger.
There is never a shortage of things to see and do in this large and gorgeous city. The Dubai Museum is a great place to start your journey if you have the opportunity. You’ll learn about the socioeconomic history of the United Arab Emirates and develop an appreciation for the rich culture and tradition of the city while you’re in this place. The al-Fahidi Fort and the rapid transformation of the city from a modest pearling hamlet to a busy metropolis will be seen as you go through the museum’s exhibit halls.
- There are just a few mosques in the city that are available to non-Muslim tourists, but this is the largest and one of the most important.
- Return to the mosque later in the evening for a beautiful picture of the mosque illuminated at night.
- It’s a breathtaking experience.
- Remember to secure your tickets for the observation deck on the 124th level well in advance if you want to take in the view from the 124th floor observation deck.
- With classical and Arabic music playing in the background, the world’s largest dancing fountain performs many presentations a day.
- These three manmade islands are the largest man-made structures on the planet.
- With so much to see and do, Dubai is a destination that caters to visitors of all interests.
Dubai is organized into 11 districts, with certain regions attracting more tourists than others. The city is divided into 11 districts. The Jumeirah neighborhood is the most popular location for beachgoers in the city. The beach is conveniently located and easily accessible in this neighborhood. Downtown Dubai is located in the heart of “New Dubai,” and it is home to the world’s largest mall, the Dubai Fountain, and the world’s tallest structure, the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s tallest building.
Consider a recreational activity you’d want to participate in, and Dubai can make it a reality. In addition to hiking and biking, Dune Bashing, a sort of off-roading on sand dunes, has become more popular. For those who want to experience the excitement of this magnificent outdoor sport, several locations will hire 4×4 safari Jeeps, sand boards, quad bikes, and dune buggies. Take a trip to the Global Village if you’re in Dubai between late November and late February, and you won’t be disappointed.
Each nation gets its own pavilion, complete with reproductions of its most renowned locations, and because this is Dubai, there is usually a lottery with prizes like as vehicles and gold bars, among other things.
A national skiing center, complete with actual snow, can be found within the Mall of the Emirates complex.
As a result of all of the activities planned, as well as the cultural differences, you may be wondering what you should pack and what to dress (particularly if you are a woman). Here’s a nice packing list for Dubai, as well as an explanation of what to dress when you’re there.
Food and Dining
Almost every meal you desire may be found in Dubai due to the diversity of the tourist business. Two of the most prevalent dishes you’ll come across are Shawarma and Falafel, which can be found almost anywhere. The Shawarma is the Arabic counterpart of a burger; the meat is roasted on a skewer and then chopped into tiny strips before being wrapped in pita bread and served with veggies and salad dressing.
Despite the fact that Dubai has a highly dependable and robust public transportation system – which includes a metro system, Dubai trams, and buses – a large portion of the city still depends significantly on personal automobiles. The most of the time, you’ll wind up taking cabs everywhere. No matter what method of transportation you choose, you’ll want to consider purchasing a Nol Card. This prepaid debit card may be used to pay for public transportation, such as metro trams, buses, waterbuses, paid parking, and taxis, among others.
More information about where to stay in Dubai and the top hotels can be found here. You’re looking for a hostel in Delhi or Goa, right? Are you planning a trip to Kathmandu or looking for a place to stay in Tel Aviv? 1Average of categories calculated on a per-item basis. On a daily basis, the categories were averaged out to arrive at this result. For example, the Food 2daily average represents the sum of all meals consumed during the day, whereas Entertainment 1 represents the sum of each individual transaction.
How Much Does it Cost to go to Dubai?
**This post may include affiliate links for your convenience. It is possible that I will get rewarded if you use them. Have you ever been curious about how much it costs to travel to Dubai? With its buildings that reach the heavens and strange man-made attractions such as islands in the shape of the planet, the city is frequently referred to as “the future.” While there’s no doubting that Dubai is an expensive place to visit, you might be shocked to learn how much a trip to Dubai will cost you when you discover out what it actually costs.
It is my intention to concentrate on five nights and six days for the sake of this post, however you could easily explore the entirety of the city in only three days.
Remember that my calculations are based on a single traveller; thus, if you’re traveling with a partner, double your expenditures by two (minus the hotels).
Dubai trip cost
|Food and drink||$360|
The following estimate is in American dollars; thus, please visit usexe.com to find out what the typical expenditures are in your own country of residence. For Canadians, you may want to consider applying for one of the finest travel credit cards in Canada, which would allow you to accrue points to help you offset your expenses. A signup bonus of up to 105,000 American Express Membership Rewards points (with a minimum value of $1,050) can be earned with the American Express Platinum Card (for example) (potentially more if you transfer your points to Aeroplan orMarriott Bonvoy).
Using my Aeroplan points, I was able to go to Dubai in business class on EgyptAir, which was a great experience. To return home, I utilized AlaskaMiles and travelled in the Emirates A380 First Class, which is a travel experience that many people dream of.
However, even though Dubai is home to one of the busiest airports in the world, flights to the city are still quite pricey. It is predicted that a flight will cost around $900, but that is only if you are traveling from North America. Generally speaking, whether you’re travelling from Europe, Africa, or Asia, you should expect to pay between $600-$700 for a round-trip airplane ticket. There are other moderately cost flights available from inside the Middle East. One thing to keep in mind is that Dubai serves as the headquarters for Emirates.
Instead, if you’re traveling to where Emirates provides service, it would be a smart idea to layover in Dubai for a few days beforehand to save money on your airfare.
The cost of a hotel room in Dubai may be fairly variable, just as in any other city. They have a large number of luxurious hotels, including the self-proclaimed 7-star Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, as well as a large number of reasonably priced choices. For the sake of this post on the expense of a vacation to Dubai, I’m assuming an average of $150 per night, however there are less expensive possibilities. People traditionally focus on location when choosing a hotel, but I don’t believe it is as crucial in Dubai, especially for business travelers.
- Downtown Dubai and the Marina/Jumeirah are, without a doubt, the most popular destinations in the city.
- Business Bay, Dubai Internet City, and Al Barsha are just a few of the regions to explore for hotels that are fairly priced.
- Honestly, it takes around 20 minutes by vehicle to go almost anyplace in Dubai, so seek for the best deal and the most comfortable accommodations.
- Hostels in Dubai are sometimes little more than large residences that have been converted into hostels.
- You might want to examine the following options if you’re looking for a hotel recommendation:
- The Ramee Rose Hotel, Centro Barsha, and Four Points by Downtown Dubai are all excellent choices.
- The Steigenberger Hotel, the Grand Plaza Mövenpick Hotel, and the Rove Downtown are all excellent choices.
- Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach
- W Dubai
- Address Downtown
- Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach
The appropriate credit card might save you a significant amount of money on your hotel accommodations. Americans should seriously consider applying for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card, which offers a welcome bonus of up to 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy points and $200 back at participating restaurants in the United States. Consider the Marriott Bonvoy American Express, which provides you with up to 70,000Marriott Bonvoypoints. This card is available to Canadians.
That’s enough points to get you up to five free nights at select hotels, which could be worth more than $500 in some instances. There’s also the BMO World EliteTM* Mastercard®*, which often offers a sign-up bonus worth more than $200 and waives the annual charge for the first year of membership.
The metro system, which comprises two lines, is the primary means of public transit in Dubai. The red line runs above ground, primarily parallel to Sheikh Zayed Road, and extends all the way to the Dubai International Airport terminal building. The green line, which is underground, passes through Al Karama, Al Raffa, Al Rigga, and Al Qusais, among other neighborhoods. The Dubai Metro does not take cash fares; instead, you must purchase a Nol card, which may be reloaded several times. Tourists will be interested in purchasing the red card.
- One zone will cost you 4 dirhams, two zones will cost you 6 dirhams, and three or more zones will cost you 8.50 dirhams.
- The cost of a ride is 4 dirhams.
- Dubai also has a large number of public buses.
- Taxi costs in Dubai are around 75 cents per minute on average, according to industry sources.
- Yes, taking public transit would be less expensive, but despite the extensive network, it will take a significant amount of time and require a significant amount of walking.
- For the sake of our how much does it cost to travel to Dubai trip estimate, I’m assuming you’ll be using cabs the most of the time and that you’ll spend $40 per day on transportation.
Despite the fact that Dubai has various free attractions, such as the beach and the fountain display, you will most likely spend a significant amount of money on these activities. A trip to the top of the Burj Khalifa is the most apparent thing to do in Dubai. Levels 124 and 125 are available for purchase for $40 USD. The Burj Khalifa SKY ticket, which costs $103 and grants you access to floor 148, is available at the top of the building. It will cost you $168 to get entry to the World’s tallest lounge, as well as levels 152, 153, and 154 of the building.
- There will also be a large number of individuals who choose to go on a desert safari tour and a guided excursion to Abu Dhabi.
- I personally believe that a trip to Abu Dhabi is worthwhile if you have the opportunity, but keep in mind that these trips will not be able to see everything the city has to offer.
- Other options to explore are the Dubai Frame, a marina boat trip, a day at a resort or spa, skydiving, and a variety of other activities.
- There are several free beaches in Dubai, and a large number of visitors simply enjoy strolling about and admiring the city’s beauty.
The textile souk is directly across the street. From there, you may take a 30 cent abra boat over the creek to go to your destination. You’ll now be at Al Ras, where you can view the gold souk, which is a beautiful sight.
Food and drink
Dubai is home to every type of exotic cuisine imaginable. Meaning that nearly every major chain from across the world operates at least one branch somewhere in the city of Dubai. One day, I visited L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele from Italy, Tim Horton’s from Canada, Shake Shack from the USA, Paul from France, and Din Tai Fung from Taiwan all within a single day. It’s possible to get virtually any style of cuisine you like, but on average, I found meal costs to be around 30% more than what the same businesses would charge you back in their native nations.
Keeping this in mind, a typical daily food budget will look somewhat like the following.
But keep in mind that eating light or getting quick meals might easily save you money.
One thing I should clarify is that tipping is not typical practice in Dubai.
Dubai is well-known for its shopping malls, and the city boasts an astounding number of them. It’s almost impossible to visit the city without stopping by a shopping mall. As a result, it is rather simple to spend. The amount of money I’ve calculated for random spending in my Dubai trip expense guide is $200; however, you might easily spend more or less than that amount. I didn’t buy any actual mementos or outfits when I was there, but I did buy a bunch of coffee and packaged products that I couldn’t get back home, just for the record.
Cost to go to Dubai
So, how much does a trip to Dubai cost in terms of money? I anticipate that you’ll spend around US$2,850 for five nights and six days in the country. This isn’t prohibitively costly, but it isn’t inexpensive either. It’s definitely worth the money for many individuals to visit Dubai since it’s a location on their bucket list. The advantage of Dubai is that it serves as a major hub for planes and cruises, making it simple to travel around the area. Check out my travel guides to Jordan, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Europe for additional ideas.
Can you visit Dubai on a budget?
It is feasible to travel to Dubai on a tight budget; it all relies on your willingness to make sacrifices. In Deira and Sharjah, there are several low-cost hotels to choose from. Instead than relying on cabs to get you about, you may take use of public transit. It is not difficult to locate inexpensive cuisine; but, don’t anticipate anything gourmet. It’s difficult to save money on attractions because most of the best attractions charge an entry price.
What is the cheapest time to go to Dubai?
The most popular time to visit Dubai is between November and January, when the weather is pleasant. Because Dubai is located in a desert, the heat may be particularly strong during the months of June and July.
September is often the most affordable month to visit Dubai, since the summer season has ended and many guests have gone home in time for their children to begin the new school year in their home countries.
What should I avoid in Dubai?
Dubai is a highly religious and conservative city, and you should be aware of the regulations that apply there. You must refrain from making any public expressions of love toward the rulers or from making any jokes about them. Because the penalties for criminal activity are quite harsh, don’t even consider committing any crimes. If you’re carrying medicine into the city, make sure you have a doctor’s letter to prove that it is not a restricted substance, and have it with you at all times.
How many days in Dubai?
This article on how much it costs to go to Dubai advises staying for 5 nights and 6 days, but not everyone will have that much time. In general, you’ll want to spend at least 4 days in the city, which will give you enough time to see nearby attractions and take a day excursion. Consider looking through myDubai itinerary for 5 days to get a decent concept of what your schedule may look like while in Dubai. You might easily delete items to make your schedule more accommodating.
What is the best way to get around Dubai?
A taxi or ridesharing service is the most convenient method to navigate about Dubai. It’s worth noting that this is also the most costly choice. Many of the major tourist attractions are within walking distance of the metro station, which is ideal if you want to keep your spending low. If you’re going to the marina area, you may need to take the tram as well as the bus. The bus system is large and will transport you everywhere you want to go, but you must be aware of which routes to take. If you stick to public transportation, the cost of your Dubai vacation will be less expensive.
What are the best day trips in Dubai?
The top day outings in Dubai are entirely based on personal preference. It goes without saying that if you want to see more of the United Arab Emirates, taking a vacation to Abu Dhabi is the most logical thing to do. Desert safaris and the Musandam Peninsula are both excellent options for those looking for more excitement. Also nearby is the city of Sharjah, which is only a short drive from Dubai. Many people consider Sharjah to be a suburb of Dubai, although it is in fact a separate city from Dubai.
Is Dubai Expensive & How Much Money Do You Need to Visit
Are you thinking of taking a vacation to Dubai but aren’t sure how much it would cost? Is it costly to travel to Dubai? For a trip to Dubai, how much money do you really need to bring with you? Some of your questions should be answered by this article! Dubai is, without a doubt, not inexpensive, but – as is true elsewhere in the world – the cost is determined by the choices you make. The most expensive expenses are, without a doubt, the airline and the accommodation, followed by a few activities and excursion trips.
In this post, we will provide some instances of how much everything costs in Dubai and how expensive it is for visitors to travel to Dubai.
You can also discover some money-saving suggestions based on personal experience for those coming to Dubai. Find out for yourself! WHAT TO WEAR IN DUBAI CAN BE FOUND HERE.
What does a flight to Dubai cost?
Price ranges for return flights from Western Europe to Dubai range between 300-400EUR, depending on the trip time and how far in advance you book. MomondoorKayak, for example, is a search engine that may help you locate the most affordable flights.
How expensive are Dubai hotels?
In Dubai, you’ll discover some of the world’s most costly hotels, but there are also lots of more cheap alternatives to choose from as well. The lowest accommodation for two people at the Burj Al Arab would set you back about 2.000EUR every night, yet you can stay for a week for the same amount in’regular’ hotels in Dubai. Alternatively, there are a variety of more budget-friendly options to choose from. The cost of a hotel room in Dubai is significantly dependent on the type of hotel you pick, its location, the number of people staying in the room, the time of year you go, and other factors.
- Checking websites like as Booking.com can provide you with an accurate estimate of the cost of accommodations in Dubai very quickly.
- TIP: You can compare hotels and short-term rental options in Dubai by referring to the map provided below.
- Take a look at it!
- It’s important to remember that the costs for Dubai accommodations that you see on the internet do not include municipal taxes and levies.
- Our hotel experience: We stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach hotel in Abu Dhabi.
- Read the full review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai by clicking on the link below.
Is food expensive in Dubai and how much to budget for restaurants?
Food and restaurants in Dubai are available in a wide range of pricing ranges, just like everything else in the city. Due to the fact that we travel with small children, we often avoid the most romantic expensive restaurants, therefore I am unable to remark on such. We also avoided fast food restaurants such as KFC and McDonald’s. We ate most of our meals at eateries along The Walk or in one of the shopping centers. The cost of lunch or supper ranged from 240 to 500 AED (60 to 125 EUR) for two adults and three children, depending on where we went.
The costs at the hotel restaurants are typically significantly higher than the pricing at the eateries in town.
When compared to dining outside of the hotel, you should expect to pay at least double the amount at the hotel restaurant in most cases. The rates of hotels and restaurants in Dubai are quite variable.
Examples of the average Dubai restaurant prices
- The following prices are for soft drinks: 15-18 AED (4-4,5 EUR)
- Smoothies and shakes: 24-30 AED (6-8 EUR)
- Children’s menu (which often includes a drink) 25-40 AED (6-10 EUR)
- Appetizers and desserts: 20-40 AED (5-10 EUR)
- Sandwiches and burgers 35-55 AED (9-14 EUR)
- Main dishes 40-100 AED (approximately) (10-25 EUR). Generally speaking, local cuisine is less expensive
- For example, a delicious lamb meal may be had for 40AED (10EUR), but a decent steak can easily cost 150AED (38EUR).
There was a little grocery near our hotel, The Walk, and the costs of food there were pretty comparable to those in Western Europe.
How much does alcohol cost in Dubai?
My understanding of the cost of alcohol in Dubai is limited at this time. It wasn’t until we bought two strawberry daiquiris at the pool bar of our hotel that we had a drink. It was a happy hour pricing of 50AED (12 EUR) for two drinks, which was really reasonable. Our favorite non-alcoholic drinks, fresh fruit smoothies, and shakes were the ones we chose, and I can definitely suggest them all!
How expensive is a metro or taxi in Dubai?
In Dubai, public transportation, such as the metro or taxis, is quite affordable. There is more thorough information on Dubai public transportation and costs available on this page.
What about tax-free shopping in Dubaihow expensive is clothing or electronics?
The shopping malls in Dubai are among the largest in the world, with a wide range of brands to suit any budget, from H M, Zara, and GAP to Chanel, Dior, and Louis Vuitton. We discovered that most costs in Dubai are far more than those in Europe, including apparel, gadgets, and toys. As a result, Dubai is probably not the ideal place to go shopping with your girlfriends on a weekend away from work.
How much do excursions and activities cost in Dubai and how to save money?
The shopping malls in Dubai are among the largest in the world, with a wide range of brands to suit every taste and budget, from H M, Zara, and GAP to Chanel, Dior, and Louis Vuitton, to name a few examples. Clothing, electronics, and toys are among the items for which we discovered that costs in Dubai are much more than in Europe: Because of this, Dubai is not the greatest place to go shopping with your girlfriends on a weekend away from the city.
How expensive are Dubai’s water parks and how to book with a discount?
The most costly activity we participated in was a day at theAquaventure waterpark in Atlantis, The Palm in the Bahamas. It is now possible to purchase the most affordable online ticket for 320 AED (80 EUR) for adults and 260 AED (65 EUR) for children under 1,2m in height (4 feet). If you do not purchase your tickets in advance, you will almost certainly spend at least 15-20 EUR/person more than you would otherwise. GetYourGuide is now offering a reasonably priced package that includes Aquaventure as well as the Lost Chamber Aquarium.
- A locker will cost you an additional 10-20 EUR, and you will need the one that costs 20 EUR in order to put a regular-sized rucksack in the space provided.
- In the park, food and beverages are fairly costly, but they are on pace with similar establishments in Europe (count 5 EUR for tiny fries and 4 EUR for a drink), and you are only permitted to carry one bottle of water per person with you.
- RECOMMENDATION:If you want to spend several days at the Aquaventure water park, consider staying at the Atlantis hotel.
- This may be a really excellent price for a family of three or four individuals staying in a single room during a less busy time of year.
- When you consider that admission to the water park alone costs over 240 EUR for a family of four, this is an incredible offer!
- There is a children’s play section with water slides, and they are welcome to accompany you on the Lazy River as well as the main pool.
- You may swim with dolphins, feed the fish, and take selfies with sea lions, among other activities.
All of them are quite expensive, and you must decide whether or not they are worthwhile for you and your family. Whatever you pick, keep in mind that if you book long in advance, the price will be significantly lower.
How expensive is to visit ‘At The Top’ in Burj Khalifa
Atlantis, The Palm’s Aquaaventure waterpark was the most costly activity we participated in. Children under the height of 1,2m are now charged 260 AED (65 EUR) for the lowest online ticket, which costs 320 AED (80 EUR) for adults (4 feet). The price of your tickets will almost certainly increase by at least 15-20 EUR per person if you do not purchase them in advance. With the combination of Aquaventure and the Lost Chamber Aquarium, GetYourGuide is currently offering a fairly excellent value.
- Adding a locker will add another 10-20 EUR to your bill, and you’ll need the one that costs 20 EUR in order to fit a regular-sized backpack inside.
- A bottle of water per person is allowed in the park, but it is extremely costly in comparison to similar sites in Europe (about 5 EUR for small fries and 4 EUR for a drink), and you are only allowed to carry one bottle of water into the park with you.
- PREMIUM TIP: If you want to spend several days at the Aquaventure water park, consider getting a stay at the Atlantis resort.
- Depending on the season, this may be an excellent price for a family of three or four individuals living in one room.
- This is an incredible offer, especially when you consider that admission to the water park alone costs over 240 EUR for a family of four.
- In addition, there is a children’s play area with water slides, and they are welcome to accompany you on the Lazy River.
- There are opportunities to swim with dolphins and feed the fish, as well as snap photographs with sea lions.
- Keep in mind that, no matter what you choose, making your reservation far in advance will save you money.
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
There is a hefty admission cost to theDubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, with prices beginning at around 35 EUR per person. TIP: If you wish to see the aquarium as well as the Burj Khalifa, it is recommended that you purchase a combined ticket that includes both attractions. To be aware of:Dubai Mall becomes really crowded in the afternoon, and the queue to enter the aquarium became extremely lengthy after 2 PM, so wake up early and visit the aquarium the first thing in the morning.
Alternatively, you may take in the view of this massive aquarium from the Mall for free and save your money for something else.
Dubai Marina Dinner Cruise: our experience
A dinner cruise on the Dubai Dhow is one of the most popular excursions in the city. There are several businesses that operate the boats, so you will have a wide variety of choices. When our New Year’s Eve cruise was canceled without explanation, we were offered another one two hours later that same evening at ten (!) times the price instead, which we declined. You will be able to witness the fireworks that they promised! To see the fireworks from the boat would cost me 1500 EUR, which is a lot more money than I am ready to spend.
- This is typical of Dubai: if there is a demand, the supply and pricing are adjusted accordingly.
- We immediately went on the internet and discovered another business that offered the trip at the standard price, and we had a wonderful time on the cruise.
- We spent 420 AED (105 EUR) for a dinner cruise for the five of us, which was almost the same price as a supper at a restaurant on its own.
- We thought this cruise to be quite worthwhile while in Dubai.
- You will at the very least receive your money back, and they will almost always find an alternative for you if something goes wrong.
- Tango performance in Dubai by Tanoura dancers The information provided in this review of Dubai costs should assist you in better preparing for your trip and avoiding unpleasant shocks for your pocketbook while in Dubai.
- Dubai is not inexpensive, but with a little forethought, you can keep your travel expenses to a minimum.
Some often asked questions concerning how costly Dubai is for tourists, along with our succinct responses to them, are included below: Is it costly to travel to Dubai? Visiting Dubai may be as expensive or as inexpensive as you like, and so much is dependent on your decisions and preferences. In general, Dubai’s costs are comparable to those in other major cities throughout the world. Accommodation and tours may be pretty pricey, but there is so much variety that you can tailor your trip to be more budget-friendly if you so want.
- Is food and drink in Dubai prohibitively expensive?
- There are low-cost eateries, major restaurant chains, and expensive restaurants to choose from in the area.
- What is the average cost of a dinner in Dubai?
- Sandwiches and burgers range in price from 35 to 55 AED (9-14 EUR).
- The exceptions to this rule range from inexpensive street food stalls to upmarket restaurants, to name a few.
- Is it legal to consume alcoholic beverages in Dubai?
- Alcohol, on the other hand, may only be purchased and consumed in licensed establishments such as hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs.
- Check out our hand-picked list of the greatest Dubai excursions and activities that you just must not miss out on while you’re here!
More ideas and information about visiting Dubai may be found at: Families should consider the following: Things to Do in Dubai with Children How to get about in Dubai Using Public Transportation to Get Around Dubai Interesting facts about Dubai to know: Dubai Facts You Should Know If you found this page to be valuable, please remember to bookmark it and share it with your social media contacts.
Are you a member of Pinterest? Save this image to your Pinterest board!
How Expensive is Dubai, Really?
19Advice on Traveling to Dubai Dubai is well-known for its extravagance and glitz, and is sometimes referred to as a “playground for the affluent” by its critics. This may be the impression that the majority of people have of Dubai, but it is far from accurate. Dubai is a fascinating mix of a sophisticated cosmopolitan city and a timeless Arabian culture, and it offers something for everyone. In terms of price, how pricey is Dubai really? Naturally, you have the option to spend an endless amount of money if you so like, but it is actually more sensible than most people would believe.
HOW DOES DUBAI COMPARE TO THE REST OF THE WORLD?
Especially when compared to other big cities across the world, Dubai isn’t that prohibitively costly. Take, for example, New York or London, where hotel rates, a night out, or a ticket to a tourist site would all be the same, if not significantly higher, than in Dubai, according to the World Travel Market. Let’s take a closer look at how much goods truly cost in the real world.
GETTING AROUND IN DUBAI
However, if you have ever traveled to New York, London, or Sydney, you will notice that the cost of transportation in Dubai is far less expensive than other cities. A trip between the Dubai Mall and the Atlantis Hotel, for example, will cost on average AED 60 (US $16.50) and will take around 17 miles or 26 kilometers. That equates to less than one cent per mile traveled. To put this in perspective, cabs in New York City cost more than $2.00 per mile, and that’s before you factor in traffic. Another alternative is to take the metro system in Dubai.
To summarize, you actually don’t need to spend as much money as you may imagine in order to go about and visit all of Dubai’s wonderful sites.
ACCOMODATION DEALS IN DUBAI
When it comes to picking a place to stay in Dubai, the sheer amount of options is overwhelming. As a result of the present economic climate, several of Dubai’s luxury hotels are providing staycation packages to both locals and visitors from across the world, making this the ideal time to indulge and enjoy these magnificent properties. Prices at One Only Royal Mirage start at Dhs1,500 per night ($408 USD), which includes breakfast and a Dhs500 resort credit. One Only Royal Mirage is located in Dubai, UAE.
If you are looking to spend less money,Rove Hotelsare a wonderful option.
EXPERIENCES IN DUBAI
Tourist attractions like visiting the sights in Dubai are not too expensive; for example, ordinary admission to the Burj Khalifa only Dhs109 (US $30), which is a bargain considering that it is the world’s tallest skyscraper. A genuine desert safari is another excellent example of getting good value for money in Dubai. Platinum Heritage offers a variety of safaris, ranging from an authenticHeritage Desert Safari, which showcases Bedouin culture, for Dhs595 per person (US $160), to an exclusivePlatinum Desert Safari, which is the most luxurious desert experience in Dubai, for Dhs1,750 per person (US $475).
Check out Dubai Travel Advice for additional suggestions on things to do and see in the city.
EATING OUT IN DUBAI
Unless you are dining at the Burj Al Arab, dining out in Dubai is very similar to eating out in most other cities around the world. Despite the fact that there are a variety of great dining alternatives available, on average, a 2-3 course meal at a mid-priced restaurant would cost around Dhs100-150 per person (approximately US $30-40). If you want to explore ancient Dubai and all of its beauty, you can locate hidden jewels like Ravi’s, which will cost you up to Dhs45 (US $12) and will be worth it.
TIPPING IN DUBAI AND THE EMIRATI DIRHAM
Tipping is absolutely optional in Dubai, however it is greatly encouraged. Although most products, such as meals, contain a service fee, many customers still leave a tip in the neighborhood of 10 percent. However, the final decision is yours. The Emirati dirham, the currency of Dubai, is based on the United States dollar. Because of its stability, it has been able to maintain a relatively inelastic value, and the value of the money is unlikely to alter drastically from year to year. To give you an idea of the value of one US dollar, it is approximately 3.67 dirhams.
SO IS DUBAI THAT EXPENSIVE AFTERALL….
We hope that this article has helped you gain a better understanding of just how pricey Dubai is. Dubai Taxis and the Metro make getting around very affordable, and you can take advantage of the current hotel deals and even spend the night in the heart of the desert. You can also visit the world’s tallest building and go on a desert safari that will enrich your experience with culture and adventure. Choose from a variety of dining alternatives at a price that is within your financial reach. Are you planning a trip to Dubai?