Foreigners can live as residents in the UAE if they are:
- employed by a company in the UAE – in this case, the company will apply and sponsor your residence visa while you are in the UAE.
- employed by the government sector – in this case, the government entity will apply and sponsor your visa while you are in the UAE.
How can I get residency in Dubai?
- Conditions for getting a residence visa. A residence visa requires applicants who are 18 and above to undergo a medical test to prove that they are medically fit.
- Validity of a residence visa. The validity of stay on a residence visa varies according to its type and the sponsor. It can be for 1,2 or 3 years.
- Benefits of having a UAE residence visa
Is it hard to get residency in Dubai?
The residence permit by opening a company is the easiest to obtain and the validity of the visa depends on the investment made. However, it can be renewed. The procedure for opening a residence visa when opening a free zone company in Dubai is the fastest and is part of the registration procedure of the business.
How much does it cost to get residency in Dubai?
2 year UAE residence visa fees 2021 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3500. Same for an applicant in Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 5272. For a 2 year, UAE family visa cost 2021 for applicants out of Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2200.
How long does it take to get residency in Dubai?
This takes anywhere between 3 to 20 days, all depending on how long it may take to conduct your background check. Now you received your Entry Permit. Entry Permit is a document allowing you to enter the country for the purpose of finalizing your resident visa process.
Can I live in Dubai without a job?
Dubai has launched a new scheme that will allow people to live in the emirate but work remotely for companies overseas. The announcement also says those who take part will not be subject to income tax in the UAE.
How can I immigrate to UAE?
Immigration Summary Foreign nationals wishing to work in United Arab Emirates must apply for a work permit, an employment entry permit/e-visa and a labour card in order to obtain a residence visa and an Emirates ID Card. The applicant must have an employment contract directly with the Emirian entity.
How much is the 5 years UAE visa?
How much does it cost? The multiple entry five-year visa costs Dh650 plus a service fee of Dh50.
How can I stay in Dubai without a job?
If you don’t have a job prior to entering, the long-term multiple visit visas will allow you to stay in the country for 90 days with the possibility of reapplying after the time has expired. If you do have an employer set up, they’ll typically handle all of the paperwork for your work permit and visa.
How much is residence visa in UAE?
For one year, the UAE Residence Visa fee is AED100. Additionally, you will also have to pay a processing fee which also changes depending on where you apply, which can range from AED70 if applying in person or AED40 if applying online.
Does UAE offer permanent residency?
Riyadh said in June 2019 that it will offer permanent residency for 800,000 riyals ($213,000) and a one-year renewable residency costing 100,000 riyals, allowing expats to do business and buy property without a Saudi sponsor.
Can you live in UAE without a job?
It is definitely possible to live in the UAE without a job. Employment is not the only way to survive in this country. There are many ways to live in the UAE.. You can have a business here.
Can foreigners buy property in Dubai?
In Dubai, foreign ownership is permitted in areas designated as freehold. Foreigners (who don’t live in the UAE) and expatriate residents may acquire freehold ownership rights over property without restriction, usufruct rights, or leasehold rights for up to 99 years. There is no age limit to own property in Dubai.
What are the disadvantages of living in Dubai?
Con: strict laws Dubai is a strict Muslim state. Non-Muslim expats should therefore be respectful of the country’s religious ways – especially during Ramadan. For example, ‘modest attire’ is recommended and public displays of affection can cause offence and lead to arrest, even between married couples.
Is moving to Dubai a good idea?
Dubai can be a good place for those who love to work in a multicultural environment with numerous opportunities to work in a highly progressing environment. Besides offering good business and career opportunities, this city also possesses a rich history you can explore.
How to become a resident in the UAE?
- If you are medically eligible, you should consider getting a COVID-19 vaccination. Download the ALHOSN UAE contact tracing application
- And Maintain a physical gap of two metres (six feet) between yourself and others. Handwashing for at least 20 seconds and hand sanitizing on a frequent basis are recommended. When going outside, put on your mask and gloves. Put on a mask and gloves and stay inside your houses if you are unwell or are caring for someone who is sick. Maintain general health precautions by doing the following:
- It is important to avoid interaction with items that have been touched by others. Countertops, door handles, furniture and toys should all be cleaned and disinfected at least once a day, as should phones, computers, remote controls and everything else you use on a daily basis
- Follow the safety precautions in place at your place of employment. Only rely on information provided by government officials
- If medical assistance is required, contact the appropriate authorities.
- To meet someone, shake their hands or give them a hug and kiss. Touching your face unnecessarily, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth, is a bad habit. Traveling in a car with more than three passengers is prohibited. Spread false information
This article contains information on how foreigners can legally reside in the United Arab Emirates.
Who can live or reside in the UAE?
Foreigners can live as residents in the UAE if they are:
- In this situation, the firm will apply for and sponsor your resident visa while you are in the UAE
- Employed by a company in the UAE While working in the UAE, you may be hired by a government organization, which will apply for and sponsor your visa throughout your stay in the country. Investors in a business in the United Arab Emirates- in this scenario, the investor will process and apply for his or her own visa under the sponsorship of the firm in which the investment is made. If you purchase a property in the UAE, the property owner’s residence visa will be sponsored under the property he owns. If you sponsor your dependents, you can sponsor them under the following categories:
- Someone who is working in the United Arab Emirates
- An investor or company owner in the United Arab Emirates
- Or a property owner in the United Arab Emirates. Children, parents, servants, and other close relatives are examples of dependents.
- University students sponsored by their universities in the UAE – in this case, the university will apply for and sponsor your visa in the name of the educational institution
- Retired residents – in this case, special conditions apply
- Students sponsored by their universities in the UAE – in this case, the university will apply for and sponsor your visa in the name of the educational institution.
It is important to note that a resident visa is only provided to a foreigner who has previously entered the country after entering the UAE with an entrance permit, short or long-term tourist or visit visa, or a combination of the two.
Conditions for getting a residence visa
Applicants for a residence visa who are 18 years or older must submit to a medical examination to demonstrate that they are in good health. Applicants for an Emirates ID card must also pass a background check and apply to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC). On the 27th of September, 2021, an update was made.
How to Get Permanent Residency in the UAE
When it comes to creating a business and settling down, the United Arab Emirates is one of the most desirable nations in the world. What is it about living in the United Arab Emirates that is so appealing? Among its most significant advantages are its tax-free status, great quality of life, good corporate growth potential on both the mainland and in the country’s dozens of free zones, and, above all else, economic and political stability in the country.
Is the UAE residence visa permanent?
Before we go into permanent residency in the United Arab Emirates, let’s take a short look at the other residency choices available. Instead of being restricted to a tourist visa, the many types of ordinary resident visas allow you to get two-year residency permits that can be renewed an infinite number of times. You can also get visas for members of your immediate family including children under the age of 18. As a requirement of keeping a current resident visa, you are required to enter the UAE at least once every six months.
You may obtain a standard resident visa in the UAE under the following circumstances:
- The purchase of real estate: If you purchase a residential property in Dubai or any other Emirate valued at least one million dirhams, you will be eligible for a UAE residence visa that is valid for two years. Entering into an employment contract entails the following steps: If you want to take up formal employment in the United Arab Emirates with a firm located in the UAE or with the Emirati government, you will require a work visa. Your company is responsible for all of the requirements associated with the visa sponsorship process, and it will take an average of two to three weeks to get your initial work entrance permit, which will be good for two months. The entrance permit would then be converted into a resident visa, which would be valid for either two or three years, depending on where you were issued it. Creating your own corporation in the United Arab Emirates: In order to obtain a resident visa in the United Arab Emirates as an investor or stakeholder, this is the most effective and easy path to take. The entire process takes only a few weeks, and the charges are reasonably inexpensive. As long as the business structure complies with the relevant Economic Substance Regulations, it can be completely formal in nature. Visas for investors or shareholders are good for three years
- Visas for employees are valid for one year. Studying in the UAE: If you want to pursue a course of study in the United Arab Emirates, you may obtain a student visa. This road can also be used to get residency in the UAE if you are a family member of an existing UAE resident or citizen.
In all of these situations, you must renew each visa after a specified amount of time or risk having your visa cancelled. For those who do not wish to go through the bother of having their visa attached to their company or who wish to establish more long-term links in the United Arab Emirates, there are other options.
How to get permanent residence in the UAE
The UAE established a new system for long-term visas in 2019 that allows anyone to remain in the nation without the need for a local sponsor and allows foreigners to control 100% of a firm on the Mainland, according to the official website. The entire foreign ownership aspect is critical because most Mainland enterprises require an Emirati national to acquire a least 51 percent interest in a company in order for it to operate. Long-term visa choices include five-year and ten-year options, as well as a variety of qualifying criteria for these visas.
As a result, what are the eligibility requirements for these golden visas?
UAE ten-year permanent residence rules
If you want to apply for a ten-year resident visa in the United Arab Emirates, you must fulfill one of two sets of requirements: first, you must be a citizen of one of the countries listed below; second, you must be a citizen of one of the countries listed below.
Investors must make a minimum investment of 10 million AED (about £2,047,915.25) while maintaining solvency in an amount equal to or more than that amount, refraining from investing the money in the form of a loan, and keeping the investment for a minimum of three years.
People with Specialised Talents
To qualify as an individual with specialized talent is the second alternative accessible to you. They can include innovators who have patents that provide value to the Emirati economy and who have obtained the requisite stamp from the Ministry of Economy to prove their legitimacy. Additionally, they can be cultural and artistic creators, as well as scientists and physicians from prestigious research institutes, so long as they have corroborating honors from prestigious publications and recognized accreditations from government ministries and experts.
UAE five-year permanent residence rules
Don’t be concerned if you do not fall into one of the categories listed for the ten-year long-term visa. You have the option of choosing a five-year contract. Who is eligible to take advantage of the benefits of five-year permanent residency in the United Arab Emirates? They are as follows:
If you invest in a property in the UAE that is valued at least 5 million AED (£1,024,040.25), you will be eligible to apply for a five-year residency permit. For the visa to be granted, you must satisfy the requirements listed below:
- You must remain in possession of the property for a minimum of three years. You are not permitted to get financing for the acquisition of the property.
Have a proposal that has received permission from an Abu Dhabi-based business incubator or an existing idea that has at least 500,000 AED (£102,385.65) in startup capital to submit. The following items are included in the long-term visa for entrepreneurs: Entrepreneurs can also apply for a six-month multiple-entry visa, which can be extended for an additional six months if they meet the requirements.
The following requirements must be met in order for you to be considered an excellent student at either the secondary or university levels:
- In the case that you are a secondary school student at either a public or private secondary school and have a grade point average of at least 95
- If you are a university student in the UAE or abroad with a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.75 (on a 4.0 scale) when you graduate, you will be eligible for a scholarship.
The visas for exceptional students include visas for their immediate family members as well.
Do you have more questions about the UAE permanent residence scheme?
In order to obtain a UAE Gold Card long-term resident visa in a short amount of time and without any fuss, our Citizenship, Residency, and Relocationteam at Europe Emirates Group is available to assist you. Contact us now. With addition to assisting you with all of the appropriate paperwork, we can also assist you in choosing your perfect house and even having champagne ready for you in the fridge as soon as you turn the key in the door. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more concerns regarding getting residence status or if you have any other inquiries about the creation of your firm.
Getting Your Residency In Dubai
In the UAE, individuals who wish to relocate to Dubai and become legal residents will find a highly flexible and versatile visa policy that provides multi-year residency for investors, students, professionals, remote workers and even retirees. The UAE visa policy is designed to accommodate individuals with a variety of different needs. Holders of a Dubai residence card are entitled to sponsor members of their immediate family who live in the same household.
To apply for an Emirates ID card, establish a bank account, obtain a UAE driving license, sign up for Etisalat or Du mobile and home packages, and use a variety of other services, you must have a valid residency in the UAE.
In order to begin working for a firm in Dubai, expats must be sponsored by the company that hired them. The sponsoring employer is legally obligated to file for the employee’s entrance visa and work permit, as well as supporting their stay in the country. Depending on the length of the job contract, the residence visa would be valid for one or two years. Employer-sponsored expats may also sponsor members of their immediate family, subject to certain criteria, which include a minimum income of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus lodging for themselves and their immediate family.
Real Estate Visa
It is possible that purchasing real estate in Dubai will result in the buyer receiving a resident permit. According to the UAE investor visa program, the property must be finished at the time of purchase and have a value of at least AED 1 million to be eligible for the visa. Holders of residence permits obtained via the acquisition of real estate may also sponsor their dependents for immigration. Please see this page for additional information about gaining residence through work.
Individuals from other countries who establish a business or invest in an existing firm on Dubai’s mainland or in the free zones are eligible to apply for a resident visa. It is possible to obtain this visa if you possess shares in an existing company worth at least AED 72,000, or you are starting a firm with a capital investment of at least AED 72,000. The investor visa is part of the Golden Visa program, which provides investors with a long-term visa for themselves and their family, subject to extra requirements based on the magnitude and value of their investment.
Remote Work Visa
Employees that are situated outside of the United Arab Emirates who desire to migrate to Dubai are eligible for the remote work visa. The one-year renewable visa is part of the virtual working program, which is designed specifically for persons, start-ups, and entrepreneurs who fulfill strict qualifying requirements and want to work from home. If you are an employee, you must do the following:
- Provide proof of employment from your present employer in the form of a contract that is valid for one year
- To receive a monthly income of at least USD 5,000 produce a pay stub for the previous month as well as bank statements for the previous three months
If you are a business owner, you must do the following:
- Provide proof of firm ownership for a period of one year or longer
- Should have a monthly gross income of at least USD 5,000 per month on average three months’ worth of bank statements from the company’s bank account are required
Applicants for a remote work visa who wish to live in Dubai will be able to sponsor their immediate family members if their application is accepted by the UAE’s authorities. See this page for further details on how to gain permanent residency through remote employment opportunities.
Applicants for a remote work visa who wish to live in Dubai will be able to sponsor their immediate family members if their application is accepted by the UAE authorities. See this page for further details about how to gain permanent residency through remote employment opportunities.
Cultural and Special Talents Visa
A Cultural Visa with a validity of ten years is awarded to those who are creative in the disciplines of literature and culture, the arts, heritage, history, and cognitive studies, as well as the creative industries. In order to be eligible for this visa, applicants must currently be residents of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and must meet at least five of the mandatory requirements established by the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority (Dubai Culture) in collaboration with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFA).
If you’d like to learn more about gaining residency through a cultural visa, please visit this page. If you’d like to learn more about acquiring residency through a specialized skills visa, please visit this page.
Retirement residents over 55 years old can apply for a 5-year visa provided they fulfill the necessary requirements and meet the requirements. Retirement visas are only available to those who meet one of the following requirements: they must have invested in a property worth AED 2 million, have financial savings of AED 1 million, or have an active income of AED 20,000 per month in order to qualify for a 5-year renewable visa. Obtaining residence with a retirement visa is covered in further detail in the following document:
UAE Residence Visa – Types of Residence Visas for Dubai
Foreign nationals who wish to reside and work in the United Arab Emirates for an extended period of time must get a UAE Residence Visa. A residency visa for the United Arab Emirates comes with a slew of advantages, including:
- You can open a bank account
- You can obtain a bank loan (personal or automobile loan)
- And you can obtain a credit card. In a number of nations, you can travel without a visa. Depending on your preference, your children can attend public or private schools. Get a driver’s license if you want to. Access to government-provided health care and health insurance is available to you.
However, in order to be eligible for a Residence Visa in the United Arab Emirates, you must first complete certain eligibility requirements, such as finding work or making an investment in one of the emirates.
Who is eligible for a UAE Residence Visa?
Applicants seeking a UAE residence visa must fall into one of the following categories in order to be considered eligible:
- You will be employed in the United Arab Emirates, either by a government agency or by a private enterprise. You will be studying in an educational institution in the United Arab Emirates. You are a dependant of a UAE citizen or foreign resident (child, parent, maid, or close family)
- You are a dependent of a UAE citizen or foreign resident You have made a financial investment in the United Arab Emirates. You have made a purchase of real estate in the United Arab Emirates. You intend to retire in the United Arab Emirates.
Types of UAE Residence Visas
The varieties of UAE residence visas are classified into categories based on the reason for your journey. As a result, there are the following:
- Among the visas available are the UAE Work Visa, which is issued to foreigners who have found employment in the United Arab Emirates and obtained a Work Permit
- The UAE Student Visa, which is issued for foreign nationals who have been accepted into a United Arab Emirates educational institution
- The UAE Family Visa, which is issued to close family members of UAE citizens or foreign residents
- And, the UAE Investment Visa (long-term residence), which is issued to foreign nationals who make a significant investment in the United Arab Emirates. For a longer period of time than other types of residence visas (up to ten years), the UAE Retirement Visa is issued to elderly foreigners who wish to retire in the UAE and have the necessary financial resources to do so
- And UAE Tourist Visa, which is issued to tourists who wish to visit the UAE for a short period of time (up to three months).
What are the requirements for a UAE Residence Visa?
A number of supporting papers are required when applying for a UAE residence visa, including the following:
- Form for applying for a visa to the United Arab Emirates, which may be obtained online or through a local typing center
- Your passport in its original form
- To comply with the UAE visa photo requirements, two passport-size photographs must be submitted. Your visa for admission
- Proof of your sponsor’s lawful residency in the United Arab Emirates or UAE citizenship
- Evidence that you have passed a medical fitness examination*
- Proof of a health insurance plan in the United Arab Emirates
- Include documentation of family links, such as birth and marriage documents, when applying for family visas. Your sponsor must submit the job contract, as well as copies of the company’s legitimate trade license and valid firm card, when applying for a work visa. Any further documentation that is relevant to your trip objective. More information may be found at:
- UAE Work Visa
- UAE Family Visa
- UAE Student Visa
- UAE Investment Visa
- UAE Retirement Visa
- UAE Work Visa
*All foreign nationals who wish to live in the United Arab Emirates on a Residence Visa must first pass a medical examination to demonstrate their fitness.
UAE Residence Visa application
You may only apply for a Residence Visa once you have arrived in the UAE, which means you must first get an entrance permission before proceeding. Additionally, just like with the entrance permit, you will most likely be unable to apply for your own residence visa: you will be required to have a sponsor, such as your employer, spouse, or other family member, submit your application on your behalf.
Who can apply for my UAE Residence Visa?
Only via a sponsor may you submit an application for a residence visa. However, you may be able to sponsor yourself in some circumstances.
- In order to obtain a UAE Work Visa, your company serves as your sponsor. Your school serves as your sponsor for the purpose of obtaining a UAE Student Visa. In order to obtain a UAE Family Visa, a member of your family must act as your sponsor. If you are an investor or have purchased property in the United Arab Emirates, you can apply on your own behalf, with your firm or property serving as sponsorship.
How to apply for a UAE Residence Visa?
First and foremost, your sponsor must get an Entry Permit for you at one of the following locations:
- Federal Authority for Identification and Citizenship (Federal Identity and Citizenship Authority)
- The ICA’seChannelportal
- The mobile applications for Apple and Android
- And the ICA’seChannelportal
- In person or online, you can submit your application to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – GDRFA (see the websites listed below). If your host wishes to submit an application in person, they must do so through one of the GDRFA’s licensed typing centers located in each Emirate or through one of the Amer centers in Dubai
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for Apple and Android devices
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for Windows devices
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for BlackBerry devices
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for Windows phones
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for
Upon arrival, your sponsor must submit an application for your Residence Visa to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) of the relevant emirate in which you will be residing. They will also pay a UAE Residence Visa cost at the time of application, which may vary based on the length of time your visa is valid. Once your application has been granted, the GDRFA will affix a Residence Visa to your passport and provide you with an Emirates ID, which will be valid for the same period as the visa.
The following are the GDRFA webpages for each emirate:
- Abu Dhabi
- Dubai (see also Amer, a website that Dubai citizens and residents may use to apply for family reunions, as well as a website that tourists can use to extend their Visa On Arrival)
- And other cities in the United Arab Emirates. Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah are all cities in the United Arab Emirates.
UAE Residence Visa fees
The prices for a UAE Residence Visa vary based on the length of time the visa is valid for you to enter the country. The charge for a UAE residence visa is AED100 for a period of one year. Additionally, you will be required to pay a processing fee, which varies based on where you apply and can range from AED70 if you apply in person to AED40 if you apply online, depending on the method of application.
Note that visa fees are subject to vary, and that you will be required to pay extra expenses for medical tests and health insurance in addition to the visa fees.
The difference between the UAE Entry Permit and Residence Visa
When it comes to the United Arab Emirates, the difference between an Entry Permit and a Residence Visa is exactly what it sounds like: The Entry Permit permits the possessor to enter the United Arab Emirates, although it is only valid for a certain period of time (usually up to three months). Depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be required to get an entry permission. For example, a UAE Tourist Visa is a visa that allows you to enter the country for tourism purposes. Before you may enter the UAE, your sponsor must submit an application for your entrance permission.
Furthermore, some nationalities are exempt from obtaining an entrance permission or are able to obtain one upon arrival.
See how to apply for a UAE Entry Permit (UAE Visa) and who is excluded from having to do so in this article.
After you arrive in the country, your sponsor will need to submit an application for your resident visa to the appropriate visa-issuing authorities, as mentioned before.
How long can I stay with a UAE Residence Visa?
According to the objective of your visit, the period of your UAE residence visa is determined: they are provided for 1, 2, or 3 years and may be renewed. Investment visas or retirement visas, on the other hand, are awarded for a period of 5-10 years and are renewable.
Getting a UAE Residence Visa renewal before expiry
Your sponsor is required to renew your Residence Visa within 30 days of the day on which it is due to expire. However, if you are still inside the UAE resident visa expiry grace period, your sponsor may be able to extend your visa after it has expired. The method for renewing your UAE resident visa is the same as it was for obtaining your visa in the first place: your sponsor must submit an application to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the appropriate emirate.
What’s the UAE Residence Visa expiry grace period?
The UAE authorities provide expats a 30-day grace period, which begins on the day their visa expires and ends 30 days later. This implies that even if your visa has expired, you can extend your stay for an extra 30 days; but, if you do not obtain a visa renewal before then, you will be required to leave the country and re-enter through an entrance permit. If you overstay your visa, you will be penalized for each day you overstay your visa.
UAE Residence Visa overstay fee
The following are the penalties for exceeding the validity of your UAE residence visa:
- For the first six months (180 days), the daily rate is AED 25
- For the second six months (180 days), the daily rate is AED 50
- And for every day beyond one year, the daily rate is AED 100.
UAE Visa renewal for divorced women and widows
According to a new immigration law implemented by the UAE government in October 2018, widows and divorced women of UAE citizens are now permitted to remain in the nation for a period of one year following the death of their spouses or divorce from their husbands. The new regulation also applies to the children of the woman in question, if any.
Women and/or children who were under the husband’s visa at the time of his death or divorce are eligible to apply, but their visas must still be valid at the time of application in order to be considered. They can file an application to the GDRFA by presenting the following documents:
- Proof of death or divorce (where appropriate)
- Proof of residence
- Proof that the woman is able to support herself financially
- And proof that the woman is not pregnant. The Emirates ID Card
- Medical fitness certifications
- And other related documents
This sort of visa may only be extended once in a single transaction.
How can I get a Dubai Residence Visa?
Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the country of the United Arab Emirates, which is located in the Middle East (UAE). So the procedure for obtaining a Dubai Residence Visa is the same as for obtaining a visa to reside in any other emirate in the United Arab Emirates (as explained above). You must have a sponsor in Dubai (or make an investment in or purchase property in Dubai). In order to get an entry permit and a resident visa, your sponsor must submit an application at one of the approved typing facilities operated by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai or an Amer center.
UAE Residence Visa – UAE Permanent Residency
For high net worth individuals (HNWIs), the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has rapidly risen to become one of the most popular jurisdictions in the world for residency, even surpassing traditional jurisdictions such as the United Kingdom (UK), Switzerland (Switzerland), Monaco (Monaco), and Singapore (Singapore). With no income tax, property tax, capital gains tax, or net worth tax levied against individuals, as well as simple administrative requirements and low processing costs, the United Arab Emirates is an extremely attractive proposition as a residency jurisdiction.
- For individuals who do not travel to the UAE on the basis of an employment contract, there are two additional options for acquiring a UAE resident permit: either through an investment in real estate (property residence visa) or through the establishment of a firm in the country.
- The property must be valued at least 1 million dirhams, which is roughly US$272.000, in order to meet the requirements for a resident visa.
- The second method of becoming a resident of the United Arab Emirates is through the establishment of a Free Zone firm.
- The registration of a company for residency in the UAE is the more popular of the two options since there is no investment need, the visa is provided for a longer length of time (3 years), and the ability to do business in the UAE while benefiting from all of the tax advantages.
|UAE Residency features|
|Visa Type||Residence Permit|
|Time Frame||1-2 months after company set-up|
|Requirements||Ownership, partnership, investment or employment in UAE company|
|Taxation||No income, property, capital gains or net worth taxes. No corporate incomes taxes for most businesses. A small % of income to social security|
|Years to qualify for Citizenship||Not applicable|
|Language for Citizenship||N/A|
UAE Residence Visa [updated 2022]
A resident visa in the United Arab Emirates is a permission that permits foreigners to dwell in the nation for an extended length of time. The visa can be valid for 2-3 years or even up to ten years, and it can be renewed as many times as the individual requires. Many multinational families have been residing in the United Arab Emirates for centuries, just by renewing their visas on a regular basis.
Permanent residency in the United Arab Emirates does not exist in the traditional sense. Being a permanent resident of the United Arab Emirates is as simple as getting a visa stamp in your passport and continuously residing in this nation.
How to get UAE residency?
There are a few options for obtaining residence in the United Arab Emirates:
- Establish a company in the United Arab Emirates
- Get employment
- Obtain a freelancing permission in Dubai or another Emirate
- Sign up for classes at a community college or university
- To qualify, you must be a dependant (for example, a child or the retired parent of a resident)
- Possess real estate worth more than one million AED. UAE Golden visa for retirees
- UAE residence visa for retirees in the UAE
More information on these methods may be found at the following link: One of the most expedient methods of obtaining a visa is through a company. Business establishment in the UAE free zones is one of the most popular alternatives owing to the fact that they provide 100 percent ownership, low costs, and a clear procedure.
Where to open the business?
In order to apply for a visa, you must first establish a company in your own name with one of the business registration authorities in the United Arab Emirates. There are over 40 of these authorities, and you can either search for a suitable registering body on your own or seek assistance from business setup consultants in Dubai.
Process of getting UAE residency
If you are applying for a visa as a company owner, the procedure might look something like this:
- Incorporation of a corporation
- Obteng a certificate of establishment (this is an immigrational document issued by your organization that permits you to begin processing visa applications)
- Obtaining an entry permit (which is required in order to obtain a resident visa, and is done at the beginning of the process)
- Creating an Emirates ID application and undergoing medical examinations
- The act of stamping a visa into your passport
Normally, you are permitted to remain in your home country for the company’s incorporation, issuance of the establishment card, and issuance of entry visas (provided that you visited UAE at least once in the past). Your physical presence is essential at the time of the medical examination, the application for an Emirates ID, and the stamping of your visa. Your passport will be taken to the immigration office for stamping, and you will not be permitted to leave the UAE until the process has been finished and your passport has been stamped.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a UAE resident visa varies based on where you have your company registered in the country. If you want to start a business in one of the northern Emirates, such as Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Sharjah, or Ras Al Khaimah, the costs are the most affordable. You can see the fees for a UAE resident visa with a company setup in the table below:
|Free zone name||Activities||Visas||Cost starting, AED|
|RAKEZ||trading, service||1 visa included||30,600|
|Ajman Media City||trading, service||1 visa included||24,640|
|Umm Al Quwain FTZ||trading, service||1 visa included||26,883|
As for the cost of a Dubai resident visa, it will be more expensive as a result of the increasing rates of company registration and other additional charges. One of these is the requirement for health insurance, which must be completed prior to the visa being stamped. Here is a breakdown of the requirements for a Dubai resident visa for a company owner:
|Free zone name||Activities||Visas||Cost starting, AED|
|KIZAD||trading, service||1 visa included||25,740|
|DTEC||trading, service||1 visa included||36,157|
|Dubai South||trading, service||1 visa included||45,358|
What are the benefits?
A UAE residency permit can be obtained for permanent residence in the UAE or for temporary regular trips, which is particularly helpful for nationalities who do not receive a tourist visa upon arrival in the country. Additionally, it is advantageous for corporateDubai bank account establishment since a resident visa holder is regarded to be in a low-risk category by the regulatory authorities.
How to maintain the visa?
If you are a permanent resident of the United Arab Emirates, you will not have any problems keeping your visa valid. If you are a frequent traveler or do not reside in the UAE, you must ensure that you enter the country at least once every six months in order to keep your visa in good standing.
In the event that you fail to comply, your visa will be automatically revoked, and you will be required to begin the application procedure all over again.
How to renew the visa?
The process of renewing your UAE resident visa is less complicated than the process of applying for a new visa; nonetheless, you will be required to undergo a medical examination and renew your Emirates ID. All you have to do is go to a medical screening facility 1-2 weeks before your visa expiration date and do the appropriate tests, following which you can apply for an Emirates ID renewal. It is that simple. Send the medical report, together with the passport, to the immigration office as soon as you receive it, and the new visa will be stamped for an additional amount of time.
How to cancel your residence visa in the UAE
Generally speaking, it is the responsibility of anybody who sponsors a resident visa in the United Arab Emirates to file a cancellation request. The sponsor might be any of the following:
While your company is canceling your visa, you will still be required to sign a paper confirming that you have not had any wages or benefits withheld from your account. In the event that you have worked for an organization for a significant period of time, you will be eligible for end-of-service benefits.
Your own company
If you own your own business and have a visa issued by the company, you may either cancel the visa yourself or employ a professional or a business consultancy company to do it on your behalf. If you do not own your own business and have a visa issued by the company, you can cancel the visa yourself.
Your spouse or parent
You will be held liable for the cancellation of your dependent visa if you are traveling on the visa of your sponsor, who is usually your spouse or parent. For the most part, they can employ a PRO or a business consultant organization, which can conduct visa cancellation on their behalf provided they have the applicant’s original passport and the sponsor’s genuine Emirates ID.
If you worked for a government authority in the United Arab Emirates, that entity will be liable for your visa revocation.
Visa cancellation in or out of UAE
The applicant may be in or out of the UAE at any point throughout the visa cancellation procedure. Certain regulations, however, must be followed.
In UAE visa cancellation
If you are currently in the United Arab Emirates, you must surrender your original passport to the body that granted the visa and wait for the cancellation to take effect.
Out of UAE visa cancellation
If you wish to cancel your visa while you are outside of the UAE, you must be outside the country for more than 6 months in order to be able to do so without submitting your original passport to the country. If you are abroad of the UAE for less than 6 months and wish to cancel your visa, you will need to send your original passport to your employer or a professional organization (PRO) in order to complete the cancellation procedure. Where do I go to request a visa cancellation in the United Arab Emirates?
These are the authorities:
- The General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs, Dubai (GDRFAD) is responsible for issuing visas to residents of Dubai Mainland. Tasheel or Amer are two characters who can symbolize GDRFAD. Free Zones – for visas issued by corporations operating in free zones
Three ways to cancel your visa in the UAE
Because the UAE government has provided provisions for both offline and online visa cancellation, citizens may choose the approach that is most convenient for them.
Please keep in mind that these alternatives are only available for cancellation of Mainland visas (non free zone). As a result, you can terminate your UAE resident visa by following these steps:
- Use the ICAorGDRFAD’s online services
- Go to one of the certified typing centers in your area
- The mobile application for the ICA or GDRFAD
How to cancel your UAE visa using the GDRFAD online services
- To begin the procedure, click here. Select “Cancellation of residence visa” from the drop-down menu. Click on “Start service” at the bottom of the new page that has been brought up. Then it directs you to a personal login page, where you will be needed to provide the essential information and submit the appropriate documents. Continue to follow the directions until you have completed the procedure.
How to cancel your residence visa in the UAE through a typing centre – Tasheel
- To begin the process, click here. “Cancellation of resident visa” may be accessed by clicking on the hyperlink. Click on “Start service” at the bottom of the new page that has been created for you. Afterwards, it directs you to a personalized login page, where you must provide the essential information and submit the appropriate documents. Continue to follow the directions until the procedure is completed.
How to cancel your UAE residence visa using the ICA or GDRFAD application
- Install the ICA or GDRFAD mobile applications on your device. Fill out the registration form with complete and correct information. Select “Cancellation of resident visa” from the list of service categories, or you can just search for it by pressing the search button at the top of the page. Follow the steps until you have completed the procedure, exactly as you would if you were using an online service.
You will be contacted through email or mobile phone call once your application has been completed and accepted. Following that, you will be required to submit your passport in order to complete the visa cancellation process. The next section will provide you with a list of the papers that must be submitted in order to cancel your UAE resident visa.
Documents required for the cancellation of residence visa in the UAE
- Your passport in its original form
- A photocopy of your Emirates ID card and your labor card in its original form
- A copy of the cancellation paper, which must be signed by the person who sponsored your visa
If your firm is sponsoring your visa, make sure you have a copy of the cancellation application form with a clear signature and stamp from them on it before you leave. It is also necessary for your organization to attach a clearance document from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). When it comes time to terminate your UAE resident visa, be sure you have all of the necessary paperwork and formalities in order. When you have all of the prerequisites in order, you will find the procedure to be rather painless.
Long term visas
With the help of a new program from the UAE government, you may now obtain a 5- or 10-year visa based on your investments in the country. If you want to invest in real estate, investment funds, or company, you should put down either 5 million AED or 10 million AED. More information may be obtained at the following link: Talented persons or researchers who currently have a work contract in the UAE and can demonstrate their contribution to a specific field of science, medicine, or art are eligible for term visas in this category as well.
Where can I live?
Irrespective of the government that granted your visa, you can keep your Dubai permanent residency as well as dwell in any other Emirate of your choosing. Any visa, regardless of whether it was obtained in Dubai or another Emirate, enables you to apply for UAE permanent residency in any location in the country. You have the freedom to rent an apartment and relocate your family anyplace you like. However, some items, such as a UAE driver’s license, must be applied for in the Emirate in where your visa is issued in order to be valid.
Dubai residency is often more costly, but it is also far more enjoyable!
In general, the infrastructure is more advanced: you have a greater selection of food shops, hospitals and clinics, schools and universities, and other services.
Start emiratization today!
The demand for residence in Dubai is growing, as is the number of people who want to apply for it. If your company agrees to sponsor you, you can apply for residency in Dubai. However, the resident visa must be renewed every three years. In addition, acquiring real estate in the Emirate of Dubai will provide you residence in the Emirate. Once you have secured residence in Dubai, you will be able to establish a bank account there. KWS Middle’s company formation consultants can give comprehensive guidance on the many options available for getting residence in Dubai.
They will assist you in selecting the most appropriate form of company and location, as well as guiding you through the registration procedure.
Who is eligible to submit an application for a residence permit?
The conditions that apply to an application are also based on the nationality of the applicant who is applying. In order to be eligible to apply for a Dubai residency permit, you must meet the following requirements:
- When moving to Dubai, citizens of countries other than the Gulf Cooperation Council will be required to apply for a residence permit
- If obtaining a residence visa through employment, the employer will be responsible for applying for the visa on the foreign citizen’s behalf
- A residence visa is required for activities such as opening a bank account in Dubai or purchasing goods such as automobiles
- The passport validity when applying for the Dubai residence visa must be at least 6 months.
Obtaining residence through work is a viable option. When foreign nationals begin working for a firm in Dubai, they are frequently required to apply for resident status. If the employer applies for the foreign citizen’s entrance visa, the firm must also apply for authorization to engage a foreigner and submit the company’s license for doing business in Dubai, if one has been acquired. Applicants for a Dubai resident visa who are not sponsored by their company must have a monthly income of more than AED 3,000 in order to qualify, or more than AED 4,000 in order to qualify if the sponsor owns property.
In order to be eligible for financing, the property must be completed and valued at at least AED 1 million at the time of acquisition.
As a foreign citizen holding a resident visa in the Emirate, you are permitted to hold shares in a local firm as well as to employ people in the country.
You will require an application form.
- Copies of your valid passports, your driver’s license, your birth certificate, your marriage certificate, if you are married, and copies of all of your educational and professional qualifications are required.
Additionally, the applicant must pass a medical examination before being considered for the position. Every time a residence permit is renewed, it is mandatory to undergo a medical examination. The professionals at KWS Middle East can assist you in obtaining a Dubai Residency Visa. Get in touch with us right now.
How to Get Residency Visa in Dubai (2022)
Are you considering a move to the United Arab Emirates? As long as you match the conditions, acquiring a resident visa in the United Arab Emirates is a straightforward process. Some firms will additionally sponsor the employee’s spouse and children if the person qualifies. There are various methods for obtaining a resident visa in Dubai; continue reading for more information on how to acquire a residency visa in Dubai. The procedure of applying for a visa has altered since March 2016, according to the Immigration Office.
The full application procedure may be completed online.
It is up to these dedicated typing centers to ensure that papers are collected and sent to the Immigration Department and the Emirates ID Authority on time.
Because the Amer emblem will be prominently displayed, it will be evident that the typing center has been approved by the appropriate authorities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The following are the most important points to remember: passport validity duration
- The Visa Application Process
- The Different Types of Residence Visas How to apply for a certificate of good conduct in the United Arab Emirates
- List of Typing Centers in the United Arab Emirates that have been approved
Main points to remember
- The sponsorship of a UAE residence visa, as well as the sponsorship of a labour card or work permit, is required for all nationalities other than UAE and GCC citizens. For most expatriates, the company that employs them will sponsor a UAE residence visa, as well as the sponsorship of a labor card or work permit. For example, a resident visa is necessary to establish a bank account, receive a driver’s license, register a car, or apply for a mobile phone plan, among other things.
Passport validity period
- The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the scheduled date of departure from the country. Passports with a minimum 3-month validity period must be presented upon entry into the UAE for holders of UAE residency visas. When traveling out of another nation, the passport should be valid for at least six months. Whenever you enter the United Arab Emirates, you may take use of the e-gate feature (which is exclusively available to UAE residents) as long as your passport and residency visa are still valid.
Process of Getting Visa
- You obtain all of the necessary documentation. Visit a typing center that has been authorized
- Please turn in all of the necessary paperwork. The typing center scans papers and enters information into forms. The Department of Immigration has given their approval. You receive an SMS informing you that your application has been accepted
- Alternatively, you (or your PRO) can travel to the immigration service to get your visa stamped
- Zajil (a government-appointed courier) will collect your passport
Following the upload of the required papers at the approved typing center, the user is alerted through email, and the e-visa is provided to the user once the application has been accepted.
Types of Residence Visa
Employment Visa for the First Time Working and living in the UAE is only possible if you have got a new job in the nation or if you are changing your employment. You will need a resident visa, which will be granted by your company or employer, in order to work and live in the UAE. The procedure is the same in both free zones and non-free zones. In contrast, in the free zones, you are not obliged to seek Labor Approval from the Ministry of Labour in order to operate your business. THE MOST RECENT UPDATE (February 2020): If an expatriate is hired as a new employee in the UAE, he or she will be required to get a good behavior certificate from the nation in which he or she resides before the visa can be awarded.
The following is an update (as of April 2020): In accordance with the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation, the implementation of the new regulation requiring good-conduct certificates has been postponed until further notice, with effect from April 1.
How to apply for a good conduct certificate in UAE?
Documents necessary are as follows: a charge for service
- Obtaining a certificate as a UAE national will cost you AED 100
- Becoming a resident will cost you AED 200
- And obtaining a certificate from outside the country will cost you AED 300. Knowledge charge is AED 10
- Innovation fee is AED 10
- And other fees are as follows:
Cost (Rates are subject to change)
|Quota submission and initial approval||AED 265/-|
|Labour Approval||AED 1,553/-|
|Medical (Blood Test)-Special||AED 750/-|
|Medical (Blood Test)-Normal||AED 400/-|
|Residence Visa||AED 420/-|
|Bank Guarantee (Held by UAE bank and refundable upon visa cancellation)||AED 3000/-|
|Emirates ID card processing fee||AED 270/-|
|Miscellaneous Fees (bank charges, typing 0)||AED 100/-|
|Fees for issuing E-visa when person is inside country||AED 660/-|
|Fee for changing the status of an E-Visa||AED 530/-|
Visas for Missions A mission visa is a type of visa that allows individuals to work for a firm in the United Arab Emirates for a period of up to three months continuously. In order to be granted a Mission Visa, a company’s record at the Ministry of Labour must be free of breaches. The employee should not be subject to any form of labor or immigration restrictions.
Cost (Rates are subject to change)
|Work Permit fees for 90 days||AED 506/-|
|Bank Guarantee||AED 3000/-|
|Fees for Issuing Visa from Immigration||AED 750/-|
|Medical (Blood Test)||AED 400/-|
|Renewing the work permit for another additional 90 days||AED 506/-|
|Renewal of Mission Visa||AED 1300/-|
Wife gets a new residence permit. If you want your spouse to live with you in the United Arab Emirates, they must first get a valid resident visa for the country.
Cost (Rates are subject to change)
|File Open||AED 220/-|
|Visa Issue||AED 360/-|
|Issuing Visa Inside country||AED 660/-|
|Visa Stamping||AED 420/-|
|Status Change||AED 510/-|
|Medical (Blood Test)||AED 400/-|
|Fee for registration of lease with RERA||AED 195/-|
|Emirates ID card processing fee||AED 270/-|
Children under the age of 18 who are sponsored
Cost (Rates are subject to change)
|Visa Issue||AED 360/-|
|Issuing Visa Inside country||AED 660/-|
|Visa Stamping||AED 410/-|
|Status Change||AED 510/-|
|Emirates ID card processing fee||AED 400/-|
Providing Financial Support for a Newborn Baby (when child born and has not left the UAE) Visa charges a fee. AED 410 for stampingEmirates ID AED 400 for house maid visa If you earn AED 8000 or more per month, you are entitled to hire a housemaid. Note that you must be married and living with your spouse and children in order to sponsor a housemaid, and that you must not be connected to the person you wish to recruit as a housemaid. It should be noted that the maid’s nationality can only be from one of the following countries: India, the Philippines, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and Ethiopia.
Cost (Rates are subject to change)
|Medical (Blood Test)||AED 400/-|
|Emirates ID card processing fee||AED 270/-|
|Visa Stamping||AED 5460/-|
Permission to remain in the country as a student UAE Students enrolled in full-time college-level courses at UAE colleges and universities are eligible to apply for a UAE resident visa. This can be renewed on a yearly basis. Students in high school and elementary school are sponsored by one of their parents or by a group of parents.
List of Approved Typing Centres inDubai
In accordance with the new regulations, typing can only be performed at approved typing centers.
|Service Center||Contact Number||Location|
|Top Speed Typing Al Muhaisnah||042648497||Al Muhaisnah Medical Fitness Center, Al Muhaisnah 2|
|Emirates Secretarial Services||043426666||Al Karama– Bur Dubai|
|Better Mind Businessmen Services L.L.C||0543059245||Al Quoz Mall|
|Top Speed Typing Al Rashidiya||042648497||Al Rashidiya|
|Magic Touch typing||0503778994||Jumeirah 3 (Al-Safa)|
|UBS Businessmen Services||042945550||Deira, Bor Saeed, Business Village, Opp Clock Tower|
|Tasheel Business Center L L C||042636622||Al Twar Center|
|Royal Dream Businessmen Services||0501324367||International City|
|Protrack Documents Clearing Services||042394847||Al Muraqqabat|
|Medi Express Services||043336148||Dubai Silicon Oasis|
|Khidmat TypingPhotocopy||045588120||International City, England Cluster|
|Immigration Center TypingBusinessmen Services||043855988||Al Twar|
|Itqan Business Management Services||042327333||Al Mamzar|
|Hook Typing Documents Clearing||0505850001||International City|
|Hawite Document Clearance||042589678||Deira, Hor Al Anz|
|Hawite Document Clearance||042589678||Deira, Hor Al Anz|
|Fixit LegalL Translation (BR Of FIXIT INVESTMENT LLC)||042501667||Business Village|
|Explore E Documents Clearing Services||042658373||Hor Al Anz Deira Dubai|
|Enjaz Government Transaction Center L.L.C||042722000||Umm Ramool|
|Emarex Businessmen Services||0526482207||Downtown Dubai Burj Gate|
|EGOV Documents Clearing Center L.L.C||042250111||Dubai Creek, near Baniyas Station|
|E Q C Government Enterprises Transaction Clearing||043330102||Ras Al Khor|
|Eagle Management Services L.L.C||042693338||Ittihad Road|
|ALPHA Point Typing Services||043399046||Al Qusais|
|AL Nukhba Businessmen Services Center L.L.C||042599990||AL NAHDA 1|
|Al Taresh Real Estate Services Trustee L.L.C.||043336767||Al Jafiliya|
|AL Taif Businessmen Services||042246633||Deira Hor Al Anz|
|AL Sumood Documents ClearingTranslationTyping||043336330||Nad Al Hamar|
|AL Onwan Business Management Services L.L.C||042246595||Al Rigga|
|AL Majaz Documents Clearing L.L.C||042369444||Airport|
|Adnan Ali TypingPhotocopying||042699275||Deira|
|Abdulrahman AL Mheiri Document Clearing Services L. L.C||042281456||Port Saeed, Near Deira City Center|
|Abdulla Hussain Typing||0556549922||Naif Deira Dubai|
|Power Documents Clearing Services||042695300||Bur Dubai|
|New Star Documentation Services L.L.C||044471322||Business Bay|
|New Sholes Typing And Documents Clearing L.L.C||043963079||Al-Karama|
|Multy Hands Businessmen Services||043965566||Zabeel|
|Marzooq Al Suwaidi Typing Services||043965367||Bur Dubai, Karama|
|Mandoobi Business Management Services||044209100||Downtown Burj Khalifa, EMAAR Boulevard|
|Majid Al Falasi Typing And Document Clearing L.L.C||043885578||Al Mankhool|
|Immigration Center Typing And Businessmen Services||043855988||Sheikh Zayed Road|
|EMAREX BUSINESSMEN SERVICES||0526482207||Downtown Dubai Burj Gate|
|Darwish Al Balooshi Typing||043491816||Oud Metha, Bur Dubai|
|Boulevard Businessmen Services||044219590||Bay Avenue Mall, Business Bay|
|ATI Solutions Business Support Services||0505500893||DIFC|
|Arabian Business Center L.L.C||043256111||Sheikh Zayed Road|
|Alhai Businessmen Services||0506255545||Wafi Mall, Umm Hurair 2|
|Immigration Typing Center||043989905||Al Jafiliya|
|Al Faisal Document Clearing Services||043999993||Umm Suqeim|
|Al Deyafa Government Transactions Center||042254090||Al Mina, Bur Dubai|
|Ahmed Abdul Rahim Typing||0506577406||Al Karama|
|Fixit Express Business Administration Services||048818553||Jebel Ali|
|Al Nukhba Businessmen Services Center L.L.C||042599990||Al Nahda 1|
|Al-Liysaili TypingPhotocopy Branch||043311364||Al Marmoom,Shop No:83 New Camel Market|
|Dubai National General Services LLC||043705468||BizLink Services, Westburry Tower 1,30th Floor, Office No:3001|
|Nad Al Sheba Private Club||043500182||Nad Al Sheba|
|Al-Reaya Businessmen Services LLC||047053606||Al Quoz Mall, shop No:54,5,6,7,8|
|Bahri Global FZE||048808880||LOB 09, Office 18|
|Takhlees Government Services||042989090||Deira, Al Rigga|
|Gulf Vision Government Transaction L.L.C||042637677||Dubai,Al Qusais-Al-Muhaisnah 4, Agriculture building, First Floor, Office No:1|
|Dorna Typing And Photocopying Branch||042592273||MadinaMall,Amman Street -Al Muhaisnah 4|
|Supreme Stationery And Typing Services||042592273||Al Jafiliya Metro Station|
|Awtan Typing And Photocopying Services||042620396||Deira, Hor Al Anz|
|Inter Zone Businessmen Services||4502440966||Jebel Ali Free Zone Gate No: 3|
For the most up-to-date information, please check authorized typing centers or Immigration if you want clarification on anything.