- Property-related visas have never been for 99 years. There was a time when they were issued for three years, but that was a number of years ago and the validity is now for six months at a time. Keren Bobker is an independent financial adviser with Holborn Assets in Dubai, with more than 20 years of experience.
How can I check my old visa status in UAE?
GDRFA DUBAI APPLICATION
- Open the app and select the “Services” label.
- Click on “Entry Permit / Residence Status” and then select “Residence Inquiry”
- Enter your details: Visa code, first name, nationality and date of birth.
- Double-check your input and then click “Inquiry”
How can I check if my Dubai visa is Cancelled?
To check your visa status, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the portal: https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity.
- Click on the “Passport Information” tab.
- Select “Visa”
- Enter your Passport number and Passport expiry date.
- Select your nationality.
How can I check my visa penalty?
Step 1: To begin, click here or visit smartservices.ica.gov.ae, once clicked you will be redirected to home page, now look for Public services tab. Step 2: After clicking public service button, you will see Fines – Pay Fines option on the top of smart services page.
How can I check my visa blacklist in UAE?
HOW TO CHECK THE UAE TRAVEL BAN ONLINE
- Visit Dubai Police’s website.
- Go to ‘Services’
- Select ‘Criminal Status of Financial Cases’
- Enter your name as well as Emirates ID.
- If there’s travel ban, you’ll get an alert.
Can I check my UAE visa status with passport number?
Checking UAE Visa Status with Passport Number The applicants with the Receipt Number and Passport Number can follow these simple steps to check the current visa status online: Visit – https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/visa-and-emirates-id/ track-visa-application-and-validity.
How can I check my Dubai visa is original?
UAE Visa: Here’re the steps to check whether it is genuine
- Visit the official website of UAE Govt. ( Click here)
- Click on “General Inquiry”.
- Enter necessary details.
- If the visa is genuine, the website will display the status and expiry date.
- You can also use GDRFA Dubai app to check whether the visa is genuine or not.
Can we check visa status online with passport number?
Yes, you can check visa status online. You need to use your passport number or the reference number and visa application number available on the invoice/ receipt issued by consulates or any outsourcing visa application center.
How can I check my fines in UAE?
How to Check Emirates ID Fine?
- Visit Abu Dhabi police website or app.
- Click on public services and then traffic fine inquiry.
- Choose Inquire by emirates id.
- Enter your emirates id number.
- Write code and click on submit button.
How do I check my fines in Dubai?
How to Check Your Traffic Fines through Dubai’s Police Website
- Visit the Dubai Police website.
- Click the ‘Services’ tab, and select Traffic fine>Access Fine’
- Enter the details regarding the fine using license number, plate details, traffic file number, and fine number.
Can you go to jail for overstaying your visa in UAE?
If you need to get something clear about overstaying your visa in the UAE [United Arab Emirates], it should be the knowledge that overstaying is an offence, going by their immigration law, and there are a couple of penalties to this violation including a jail term in some instance.
How do I check if im blacklisted?
The information about the blacklisting can be found in your credit profile as held by the Major Credit Bureaus:- Transunion Credit Bureau; Experian Credit Bureau; Compuscan Credit Bureau and Xds Credit Bureau.
How can I remove blacklist from UAE?
Names of individuals liable for paying government funds will be lifted from the blacklist under a written order from the authority concerned stating justification and reasons. In this case, the ban lifting order has to be issued by Minister of Interior or his authorised representative.
Golden visa – Long-term residence visas in the UAE
- If you are medically eligible, you should consider getting a COVID-19 vaccination. Download the ALHOSN UAE contact tracing application
- And Maintain a physical gap of two metres (six feet) between yourself and others. Handwashing for at least 20 seconds and hand sanitizing on a frequent basis are recommended. When going outside, put on your mask and gloves. Put on a mask and gloves and stay inside your houses if you are unwell or are caring for someone who is sick. Maintain general health precautions by doing the following:
- It is important to avoid interaction with items that have been touched by others. Countertops, door handles, furniture and toys should all be cleaned and disinfected at least once a day, as should phones, computers, remote controls and everything else you use on a daily basis
- Follow the safety precautions in place at your place of employment. Only rely on information provided by government officials
- If medical assistance is required, contact the appropriate authorities.
- To meet someone, shake their hands or give them a hug and kiss. Touching your face unnecessarily, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth, is a bad habit. Traveling in a car with more than three passengers is prohibited. Spread false information
To meet someone, shake hands or give them a hug and kiss. Touching your face needlessly, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth, is not recommended. A automobile with more than three occupants is required. Rumors should be spread.
Eligibility for a 10-year visa
The following types of individuals are eligible to apply for a 10-year resident visa in the United Arab Emirates.
- 1-Investors in public investments with a minimum investment of AED 10 million. The investment may take numerous forms, including but not limited to:
- At least AED 10 million in a deposit account with an investment fund located within the nation
- Establishing a corporation in the United Arab Emirates with a minimum capital of AED 10 million
- And Involvement as a partner in an existing or new firm having a market capitalization of at least AED10 million
- The overall investment in all areas specified must be not less than AED 10 million, with the investment in sectors other than real estate accounting for not less than 60% of the total investment in all areas mentioned. Conditions The following requirements must be met before a visa may be issued:
- It is not permissible to lend money against the amount invested. It is recommended that the investment be held for at least three years. There should be sufficient financial soundness to cover up to AED 10 million in expenses. On the provision that each partner pays AED 10 million, the visa might be extended to include business partners. The spouse and children, as well as one executive director and one advisor, can all be included on the long-term visa application. Investors from other countries can apply for a multiple-entry permit valid for a term of six months.
It is not permissible to loan the money deposited. Maintaining the investment for a minimum of three years is essential. An amount of AED ten million should be available in case of financial difficulty. On the provision that each partner pays AED 10 million, the visa may be extended to include business partners. The spouse and children, as well as one executive director and one advisor, are eligible for a long-term visa under certain circumstances. A six-month multiple-entry permit is available to foreign investors who wish to invest in the United States.
- It is necessary for scientists to be recognized by members of the Emirates Scientists Council who have received the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence. Individuals who work in the fields of culture and art must be authorized by the Ministry of Culture and Youth. Inventors must secure a valuable patent in order to contribute to the economy of the United Arab Emirates. Patents must be approved by the Ministry of Economy
- Exceptional abilities must be demonstrated by patents or scientific research published in a peer-reviewed publication of international renown
- Executive must be the owner or co-owner of a large and globally known firm, or possess a high level of academic performance and a leadership position
- The following requirements must be met by doctors and professionals in order to be considered:
- PhD from one of the world’s top 500 universities (see ICA for information)
- An award or certificates of appreciation in the field of the applicant’s work
- Contribution to major scientific research in the respective field of work
- Published articles or scientific books in distinguished publications in the respective field of work
- Membership in a professional organization related to the field
- Etc. a Ph. D. degree in addition to ten years of professional experience in his field
- Specialization in areas of importance to the UAE
- And a track record of success.
Eligibility for a 5-year visa
The following types of people are eligible to apply for a five-year resident visa in the United Arab Emirates.
- Investors in a property in the United Arab Emirates are subject to the following conditions: The following requirements must be met before a visa may be issued:
- Investors in real estate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are subject to the following requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements before a visa can be issued:
- This group covers individuals who have a current project with a minimum capital of AED 500,000, as well as those who have received clearance from an approved business incubator in the United Arab Emirates. The entrepreneur is granted a multi-entry visa for a period of six months, which can be renewed for an additional six months. The spouse and children, as well as a partner and three executives, are all granted long-term visas.
3. Students who stand out from the crowd This includes the following:
- Exceptional Students (number three) Included in this category are the following:
Families of excellent students are eligible to apply for a long-term visa. Source: Sites related to this one:
- Where to apply for entrance permits or visas to the United Arab Emirates
- Is it necessary to have an entry permission or a visa in order to visit the UAE? Visa for permanent residence
Remember that if you have any questions or concerns about visas, you should contact the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) at the toll-free number 600522222 or through the ICA’s feedback website. If you are traveling outside of the UAE, check with the country’s embassies and consulates. If you are a resident of the United Arab Emirates and want a visa for Dubai, call Amer service on the toll free number 800 5111. If you are calling from outside the United Arab Emirates, use the toll-free number +9714-313-9999 to reach Amer.
Expatriates buying a property in the UAE
Expatriates can hold properties in Abu Dhabi solely in the form of floors and flats, not lands, under the provisions of Law No. 19 of 2005 Concerning the Regulation of the Real Estate Sector, which is divided into four primary systems:
- Ownership In exchange for purchasing residential units, expatriates are provided ownership deeds for a term of 99 years, which allows them to completely sell the flats and villas they purchase (land is not included). Musataha Expatriates have the right to possess residential units for a duration of 50 years, which can be extended by mutual consent for an additional period of 50 years. Masataha contracts grant the right to the property owner to use, construct, or change the property within the time period stipulated in the contract. Expatriates can hold residential properties for 99 years under the Usufruct Expatriates Act. With the usufruct contract, the owner is granted the right to enjoy the use of the property and its amenities without having the ability to alter them. Lease for an extended period of time
In most cases, long-term leases are granted for an initial duration of not less than 25 years. In Abu Dhabi, there are designated zones for ownership. There are nine zones in Abu Dhabi where foreigners are permitted to acquire real estate assets, according to the UAE government. Yas Island, Saadiyat, Reem, Mariya, Lulu, Al Raha Beach, Sayh Al Sedairah, Al Reef, and Masdar City are some of the destinations. Learn more about the rules and regulations that apply to expats who own property in Abu Dhabi.
Foreigners now have the ability to purchase real estate in Abu Dhabi investment regions, thanks to an amendment issued to the Abu Dhabi Real Estate Law in April 2019.
Articles 3 and 4 of the preceding law are amended as a result of the new legislation. Three types of property rights are specified in Article 3 I according to which the right to own property is confined to three categories. They are as follows:
- Individuals who are Emirati citizens, whether natural or legal persons
- Public holding firms in whom non-nationals possess less than 49 percent of the stock
- And anybody to whom a decision is granted by the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince or President of the Executive Council
Foreign nationals, whether natural or legal persons, have the right to possess and acquire all original and in-kind interests in real estate properties located inside investment regions, according to Article 3 (ii). Article 4 provides that those who have held a ‘usufruct’ or’musataha’ for more than ten years have the right to dispose of the property, including the right to mortgage, without the approval of the landlord. The landlord, on the other hand, may not mortgage the property unless the usufruct or musataha holder has given his or her agreement.
The complete story may be seen on the Abu Dhabi Government’s website (Tamm).
Buying property in Dubai
Foreign ownership is permissible in freehold districts in Dubai, which are classified as such. Foreigners (who do not reside in the UAE) and expatriate residents have the option of acquiring freehold ownership rights over property without limitation, usufruct rights over property, or leasehold rights over property for a period of up to 99 years. The land plots classified as freehold properties are listed in Article 3 of Regulation No. 3 of 2006 Determining Areas for Ownership by Non-Nationals of Real Property in the Emirate of Dubai (pages 129-132), which may be found on pages 129-132.
In Dubai, there is no restriction on the age at which one can own property.
For further information about purchasing property in the United Arab Emirates, please contact:
- Freehold properties in Dubai are allowed to be owned by foreigners and are referred to as “freehold properties.” A freehold ownership right over property without limitation, usufruct rights, or leasehold rights for up to 99 years are available to foreigners (who do not live in the UAE) and expatriate residents. The land plots classified as freehold properties are listed in Article 3 of Regulation No. 3 of 2006 Determining Areas for Ownership by Non-Nationals of Real Property in the Emirate of Dubai (pages 129-132), which is found on pages 129-132. It is the Land Department in the emirate that issues title deeds to property owners. Ownership of real estate in Dubai is not restricted by age restrictions. Dubai Real Estate Legislation contains further information about property ownership and leasing. Further information about purchasing property in the United Arab Emirates may be obtained by contacting the following individuals:
Find a list of approved brokers in Dubai.
UAE residency visa of up to 5 years for property owners
Question: I am an Indian citizen who resides in the country of my birth. Is it possible to obtain a visa for myself and my family simply on the basis of an investment in real estate in Dubai or the wider United Arab Emirates? Is it necessary for me to be a resident first before I may invest in one? Answer: In response to your questions, an expatriate individual who makes an investment in one or more property(s) valued between Dh1 million and Dh4.99 million (Dh4,999,999) is eligible to apply for a resident visa in the UAE for a period of three years, which is renewable.
UAE citizenship and tourist visas valid for five years: the whole list of new choices Applicants must submit an application for a residence visa to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (the “GDRFA”), along with their original passport, original and copy of their title deed, one passport-sized photograph, a copy of their residence visa cancellation notice or a copy of their visit visa notice, to be considered (if any).
- Following that, the owner must submit to a medical fitness examination.
- UAE visa on arrival (golden visa): You may be eligible for the 10-year residence if you meet the requirements.
- The investor can then sponsor his or her immediate family members in the UAE once the residency visa has been obtained by the government.
- For more information and clarity on the subject issue, you may choose to contact the GDRFA or a legal practitioner in the United Arab Emirates.
- He holds legal qualifications to practice law in Dubai, the United Kingdom, and India, among other places.
Details about his company may be found at: For further information, readers are encouraged to address their inquiries to [email protected] or to Legal View, Khaleej Times, PO Box 11243, Dubai. Photo from the Wam file
Can I secure life-long residency in the UAE if I buy a property?
I am an Indian citizen who want to invest in Dubai in order to obtain permanent residence. If I purchase real estate in Dubai, would I be granted a visa that will allow me to live there indefinitely? What are the requirements for obtaining a visa if I purchase an apartment? SS, India is an abbreviation. It is not feasible for anybody who is not a citizen of a GCC country to get permanent residency in the UAE, even if they own property in the country. While it is possible for an expat to acquire a residency visa based on property ownership, the regulations are quite rigorous, and the visas are only valid for a period of six months or two years, depending on the circumstances.
- When making an application, the property’s purchase price must be at least Dh1 million, and the existing mortgage balance must not exceed 50% of the purchase price.
- Application for a visa must be submitted to Dubai Economy and the Dubai Land Department for assessment, and visas are given on an individual basis – acceptance is not guaranteed.
- In compliance with typical Dubai laws, candidates are required to submit to a medical examination and arrange their own medical insurance that is consistent with the Dubai Health Authority.
- If an individual takes up job in the UAE, the property visa must be terminated immediately, and there is no assurance that any application would be accepted or renewed.
- Is it possible to retroactively apply for health insurance coverage for my newborn daughter?
- In my current position, I have been there for six months on a restricted contract visa.
- According to UAE Labor Law, 30 days’ notice is necessary in the majority of circumstances; however, verify your contract since in a few instances, a longer term may be required.
However, this would not apply if the person changes employers within the same free zone.
More from Keren Bobker may be found here: Is it possible for me to extend the resident visa of my son with special needs when he reaches the age of 18?
Is it possible for me to return to the UAE if my previous work visa was never cancelled?_ My six-year employment with my employer will come to an end shortly, and I have been on a restricted contract during that time.
Because I have worked more than five years and am on a limited contract, according to what I have read online, I am entitled to 30 days of vacation every year beginning with the first year after starting.
Are you able to assist me?
Specifically, this is addressed in Article 132 of the UAE Labour Law, which provides that “In the event that a worker’s employment is terminated after one year of continuous service, the worker is entitled to an end of service gratuity of up to one hundred dollars.
2 – An extra thirty-day salary for every additional year of service.
GB is not entitled to any more benefits than those recommended by the human resources department.
Keren may be reached at [email protected] Follow her on Twitter, where she goes by the handle @FinancialUAE. The advice offered in our articles is not intended to be legal advice and is only intended to be used for informational purposes.
UAE launches new residency guidelines for foreigners via ‘green visa’. Details
UAE revealed on Sunday a big plan to relax strict residency regulations for expats as part of its ongoing efforts to improve the country’s financial situation while also attracting international residents and investment. In general, immigrants are only granted restricted visas that are related to their job, and obtaining long-term residency is extremely difficult. As a result, the United Arab Emirates has unveiled a new visa called the ‘green visa,’ which allows foreigners to work in the nation without being sponsored by an employer.
Pioneers, entrepreneurs, and other professionals who wish to work while residing in the United States are eligible for green visas.
Green card holders can sponsor their sons’ visas till the latter reaches the age of 25.
Green visa holders can also sponsor their parents if they have a green card.
In a statement, Minister of State for Foreign Trade Thani al-Zeyoudi said, “It is directed at highly talented persons, investors, businesses, and entrepreneurs as well as remarkable students and postgraduates.” Gulf nations with abundant natural resources, such as the United Arab Emirates, are increasingly attempting to diversify their economies and minimize their dependency on oil.
- In 2019, the United Arab Emirates introduced the 10-year “Golden visa” program to lure affluent individuals and highly talented professionals, marking the first time such a program has been implemented in the Gulf.
- Foreigners will be able to conduct business and purchase property in Saudi Arabia without the need to be sponsored by a Saudi official, according to a June 2019 announcement from the Saudi capital.
- Doha has opened up its real estate market to foreigners, with a program that grants individuals who own houses or stores the chance to apply for longer-term or permanent immigration cards in the country.
- Furthermore, UAE Economy Minister Abdulla bin Touq stated that the country is targeting 550 billion dirhams ($150 billion) in inward foreign investment over the next nine years and that the country aspires to be among the top ten global investment destinations by 2030.
- For $3.1 billion, Uber Technologies Inc.
- Because of the fast adoption of mobile technology in the area, regional and international venture capital companies have expressed an interest in funding Middle Eastern entrepreneurs during the last several years, a trend that has continued to this day.
With the assistance of government agencies Become a subscriber to the Mint newsletters* Please provide a valid email address. Thank you for signing up to receive our newsletter. Never miss out on a story again! With Mint, you can stay connected and informed. Now is the time to download our app!
UAE’s Golden Visa: What is it, and who is eligible to apply?
In an effort to stimulate the economy, the United Arab Emirates revealed on Sunday a huge plan to relax tight residency regulations for expats, as the government strives to reform its finances and attract foreign people and cash. The majority of the time, foreigners are only granted temporary visas that are related to their job, and obtaining long-term residency is quite tough. To this end, the United Arab Emirates has announced the introduction of the “green visa,” which would allow foreigners to work in the nation without the sponsorship of an employer.
In the case of pioneers, entrepreneurs and other professionals, green visas are work licenses that also include residency.
For as long as their boys are under the age of 25, green card holders can sponsor their visas.
Sponsoring their parents is also possible for those with green visas.
In a statement, Minister of State for Foreign Trade Thani al-Zeyoudi stated, “It is directed at highly talented professionals, investors, businesspersons, and entrepreneurs, as well as outstanding students and postgraduates.” Gulf nations with abundant natural resources, such as the United Arab Emirates, are increasingly attempting to diversify their economies and lessen their reliance on oil production.
- It has also had an impact on tourism and business in the United Arab Emirates, whose economy had already been suffering from low oil prices in recent years.
- A number of other resource-rich Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia and Qatar, have implemented programs along the same lines in recent months.
- Permanent residency will cost 800,000 riyals ($213,000) and a one-year renewable residency will cost 100,000.
- Following Saudi Arabia, foreigners constitute 90 percent of the UAE’s ten million-strong population, which is the Arab world’s second-largest economy after that of its neighbor.
- Russian, Australian, Chinese, and British capital will be the primary target of this initiative.
- Because of the fast adoption of mobile technology in the area, regional and international venture capital companies have expressed an interest in funding Middle Eastern entrepreneurs over the last several years, spurred on by the deal’s success.
Stay up to date with the latest news. With Mint, you can stay connected and up to date. Click here to get our app.
So, what does the Golden Visa offer?
Generally speaking, the Golden Visa system grants long-term residency (5 to 10 years) to individuals who fall into one of the following categories: investors, entrepreneurs, individuals with exceptional abilities such as researchers, medical professionals, and those working in the scientific or knowledge fields, and extraordinary student athletes. The most significant benefit of the visa will be increased security, as the UAE government has made it clear that they are committed to providing expatriates, investors, and, more broadly, everyone looking to make the UAE their home with an additional reason to feel secure about their future through the issuance of the Golden Visa.
How does one apply for the visa?
Generally speaking, the Golden Visa system grants long-term residency (5 to 10 years) to individuals who fall into one of the following categories: investors, entrepreneurs, individuals with exceptional abilities such as researchers, medical professionals, and those working in the scientific or knowledge fields, and extraordinary student candidates. The most significant benefit of the visa will be increased security, as the UAE government has made it clear that they are committed to providing expatriates, investors, and, more broadly, everyone looking to make the UAE their home with an additional reason to feel secure about their future through the introduction of the Golden Visa.
Who are eligible to apply?
In order to qualify for the 10-year visa, investors must have a minimum of AED 10 million in public investment, which can be in the form of an investment fund or a limited liability corporation. In any instance, at least 60% of the total investment must not be in the form of real estate, and the money invested must not be lent; alternatively, in the case of assets, investors must accept full ownership of the assets. In addition, the investor must be able to keep the investment for a minimum of three years before it is considered successful.
- The long-term visa holder’s spouse and children, as well as one executive director and one advisor, are all eligible to apply for the visa.
- Doctors, researchers, scientists, investors, and artists are among many who work in this field.
- The requirements for the 5-year investor visa are virtually the same as they are for the 10-year visa, with the primary change being that the amount of investment necessary is AED 5 million instead of AED 10 million.
- Students who graduate from high school with the highest grade point average in the country (a minimum grade point average of 95 percent) and students who graduate from specified colleges with a grade point average of 3.75 or above are eligible.
Moreover, foreign nationals who wish to establish their business in the UAE may apply for permanent residency (5 years) through the Golden Business Visa scheme, which is separate from the aforementioned programs.
What are the conditions for people with specialised talents?
Individuals who belong to the aforementioned specialized skill category must meet specific requirements in order to be eligible to petition for residence. Scientists must be recognized by the Emirates Scientists Council or be recipients of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence, whilst creative persons in the fields of culture and art must be certified by the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development (MoCaKD). Aside from this, remarkable abilities must be proved by patents or scientific research published in a peer-reviewed publication of international renown.
Newsletter|Sign up to receive the greatest explainers of the day directly to your email.
What are the other programmes that have been introduced to bring in foreign residents?
A new modification to the UAE’s residence legislation has also been passed, enabling international university students to bring their families with them to the country, as long as they can afford acceptable housing and have the financial means to support them. A unique residency scheme, established in October 2020 by Dubai, allowed international working professionals, who were working from home, to live and work in the UAE while still providing services to their employers in their home country.
Retirement in Dubai is a program that is accessible to all retirees who earn at least $5,500 per month, have savings of at least $275,000, or own a home in Dubai worth at least $550,000, according to the program’s website.
What’s it like living and working in Dubai as an American?
What are your plans for residing in Dubai as an American citizen? Around 40,000 individuals from the United States live in the city, with Americans being one of the most significant expat populations in the emirate. 1. The vast majority of American citizens in the United Arab Emirates live in Dubai, with only 10,000 others scattered around the country. If you’re relocating or taking on a long-term work assignment, read our guide on visas, career prospects, and cultural differences before making your decision.
If you’re planning a move to Dubai, there are a few things you’ll want to make sure are in order before you go.
If you are a citizen of the United States going to Dubai, you will require a resident visa as well as a work permit in addition to your initial 30-day entrance permission. If you are planning to remain in the nation for less than one month, you will not be required to submit an application for a visa in advance; visas will be available upon arrival at the airport in the emirate. A work visa, on the other hand, would be required if you want to live in the UAE. Your company will take care of obtaining a visa for you and arranging for you to live in the city.
A tourist visa is required for entry into Dubai, which may be converted into both a work permit and a residency visa later on.
Obtaining a spouse visa, which allows you to remain in the nation with your spouse who is already employed, is another option for those looking to relocate to the city of Dubai.
It’s probable that you’ll want to make arrangements for your housing before you relocate to the nation. When you are not married or living with a close family member, it is unlawful to live with someone of the opposing sex in the United Arab Emirates. Consequently, if you intend to relocate with your spouse but are not married, this is something to take into consideration. Despite the fact that many expats would do so without consequence, if anybody lodges a complaint or the police enter your residence for any reason 2, you might find yourself in serious legal difficulties.
When traveling to Dubai, it is critical to understand which medications you are permitted to bring with you and which you are not. Some medications that are easily available in the United States may be prohibited in the United Arab Emirates, which has a stringent drug policy 3. The Ministry of Health in the United Arab Emirates must approve the transportation of prescription medications before they may be brought into the country (MoH). If you bring any illicit or regulated substances to the airport without permission, you may be subject to criminal prosecution.
Also available is ourexpat’s guide to medical treatment in Dubai, which provides further information on the health-care system in the United Arab Emirates (remember that international health insurance coverage may be required if moving to the UAE or Dubai).
Is it safe for Americans to live in Dubai?
In most cases, the answer is yes. The crime rate in Dubai is extremely low 4, particularly when it comes to acts of serious crime — but it can be difficult to assess because the United Arab Emirates does not publish its crime statistics. Petty crime, on the other hand, is frequent in large cities, just as it is in any other large metropolis. Pickpocketing, frauds, and sexual harassment should all be avoided at all costs. Shopping malls, airports, hotels, and resorts, among other popular sites, are thoroughly watched, resulting in a reduction in the number of crimes committed.
As a Westerner, you may discover that relocating to Dubai necessitates a shift in perspective when it comes to cultural differences. Not only are many norms in the United States disapproved of here, but they are also illegal. If you are relocating to Dubai, it is critical for your personal protection to understand what is prohibited by the law. It is against the law to:
- Live with a person of the opposing sex who is not your husband or a member of your family Participants in public displays of affection are permitted to do so – married couples holding hands is acceptable
- Don’t be afraid to be homosexual. Being intoxicated in public or drinking and driving are both prohibited. Dress in attire that is deemed to be overly exposing
- Swearing or making disrespectful hand gestures are prohibited. Without their consent, take photographs of other individuals
Working in Dubai as an American
Expats from the United States can work in Dubai as long as they have the proper visa in place — and they must remain working in order to maintain their visa, unless they are in the nation on a spouse visa. The construction and real estate sectors, tourism and hospitality, technology, and finance are among the most important in Dubai. 5 There is little chance that the process of getting a job in Dubai will be very different from what you are accustomed to.
It is, on the other hand, a very competitive environment in which to seek job. We’ve put together this guide on obtaining a job in Dubai to assist you in getting your foot in the door of the job market.
What is the average salary in Dubai?
The average monthly wage in Dubai is AED 16,775 (6,570 dirhams), which is approximately $4,570. The average monthly salary in the United States is $3,900 7. The cost of living in Dubai, on the other hand, is fairly high – albeit not as high as in places such as New York. 8
Dubai is frequently referred to be a tax-free sanctuary. However, while you are not required to pay income tax in the UAE, you may be required to do so in the United States. If you generate an income in the emirate, including through the rental of a property you own in Dubai, but you are a tax resident of the United States, you will be required to report your earnings and may be required to pay tax in the United States. More information can be obtained from the United States Embassy 9or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Please see our page on Dubai’s taxation for additional information on the subject.
If you’re relocating to Dubai with children, you’ll want to learn about the educational opportunities available in the emirate. Dubai has both public and private education, with private schools accounting for 90 percent of all enrollments. All public schools are exclusively available to UAE natives and are mandatory for Emirati boys and girls aged 5 to 15 who live in the country. Expat children have been eligible to attend public schools in Dubai since 2001, when the country opened its doors to them.
The majority of school weeks run from Sunday through Thursday, in accordance with the working week, with hours varying depending on the institution.
Please see our guide here for additional information on Dubai’s educational system and curriculum.
Drivers in Dubai are required to travel on the right-hand side of the road. With maximum speeds of 160km/h (99mph) on the Abu Dhabi-Al Ain and Sheikh Khalifa roads 12 and 160km/h (99mph) on the Sheikh Khalifa highway 12, the speed limitations in the emirate can be challenging to adjust to. In contrast to the 160km/h restriction, several motorways in Abu Dhabi have had their maximum speeds cut to 110km/h, notably Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road and Emirates Road.
Never drive in Dubai if you have drank alcohol, no matter how small an amount you have consumed. The UAE takes drink driving very seriously, and you might end yourself in prison even if you do not appear to be intoxicated. For more information about driving in Dubai, please see our driving guide.
American women living in Dubai
A Western lady relocating to Dubai may discover that the city’s customs are much different from those she is accustomed to in her own country. It is recommended that women wear modestly in Dubai, with their shoulders, thighs, and midriffs covered. A minimum monthly wage of AED 10,000 (US$2,723) is required for women who wish to sponsor their family’s immigration to the nation. The minimum pay for males is AED 4,000 (US$1,089) per month. The city’s metro system includes a carriage reserved exclusively for women and children, and women-only lines frequently form outside government buildings.
For a more in-depth look at living as a woman in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, check out our guide here.
Residency visa in Dubai, UAE through a property purchase
There are two ways for business professionals and their families to get a resident visa in Dubai: through the acquisition of real estate or the establishment of a firm. In earlier issues, we discussed the steps involved in obtaining a resident visa through the formation of a corporation. This article discusses how to obtain a residency visa in Dubai through property purchase, what type of property is required, the duration of the visa’s validity period, and the advantages and disadvantages of obtaining a residency visa through property purchase as opposed to obtaining a residency visa through company registration.
What are the property requirements in order to get a residency visa
Prior to everything else, it has to be a residential property rather than a business property. Only the purchase of a residential property qualifies you for a residence visa. This form of property may only be acquired in places where foreigners are permitted to own a freehold interest in real estate. There must be a minimum purchase price of one million dirhams for the property being acquired. If a unit is purchased by a group of purchasers, the total value of each buyer’s ownership in the unit cannot be less than one million dirhams.
If this was previously only applicable to a single property with the specified minimum value, it can now be applied to the combined total value of two values.
It is necessary to complete the building of a property.
How long is the validity of this type of visa?
Prior to anything else, it has to be a residential property rather than a business one. A residence visa may only be obtained through the purchase of a residential property. Only in locations where foreigners are permitted to acquire a freehold property may they purchase this sort of real estate investment. There must be a minimum purchase price of one million dirhams for the property. It is necessary that the value of each buyer’s interest in a unit purchased by a group of purchasers does not fall below one million dirhams in order for the unit to be considered complete.
If this was previously only applicable to a single property with the specified minimum value, it can now be applied to the combined total value of two values at the same time.
If you buy an office or other commercial property in Dubai, you may apply for a residency visa in the UAE.
Building a house must be completed before it can be sold. Property that is still under construction, regardless of its eventual worth after completion, does not give the opportunity to get a resident visa until the development is done.
What documents are required?
The following papers must be submitted in order to receive this sort of visa.
- Title deed
- Contract of sale and purchase
- And other legal documents A photocopy of the property owner’s passport
- Photographs (passport size) and a current visa copy (tourist or visitation visa).
The advantages and disadvantages of this solution
This form of visa necessitates the acquisition of real estate in the United Arab Emirates. If such a purchase is in line with your objectives, it is an excellent choice. If you do not intend to purchase real estate in Dubai, the most advantageous option is to register a business in order to obtain a resident visa in the city. The term of a property visa is two years, but the validity of a business visa acquired through free zone company registration is three years. Although the property visa does not offer the ability to work in the United Arab Emirates, a visa obtained through a corporation does grant this right.
If, as previously said, the property acquisition is in line with your objectives and financials and you do not have a necessity to conduct business through a company in the UAE, obtaining a property visa is straightforward and inexpensive.
How to get a residency visa through property purchase – the procedure.
There are two alternatives. Option 1 is to complete the task on your own. This entails a significant number of stages to be completed as well as a lengthy stay in the United Arab Emirates. Despite the fact that the procedure is not particularly difficult, you must be aware of which forms to complete and how to complete them, which documents to submit and where to submit them, what payments to make and how to proceed with all subsequent stages such as the medical check and the submission of documents for the Emirates ID.
The only authority in Dubai where you will be needed to appear is the one for which you have been assigned, and you will be accompanied by one of our managers throughout this visit.
Everything will be completed in the smallest amount of time.
UAE visa information
Applicants for visas and sponsorships should submit their applications to the Abu Dhabi Emirates Ticketing Office, located at Al Sawari Tower C, Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Visa services are available from Sunday through Wednesday (8.30am to 5pm) Thursday is a working day (8.30am to 4.30pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days. The Emirates Ticketing Office in Ajman Sheikh Rashid Bin Humaid Street is home to the Escape Tower. Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 8pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Service for visas is available from Saturday through Wednesday (8.30am to 6pm) and on Thursday (from 8am to 6pm) (8.30am to 5.30pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Visa services are available from Sunday through Thursday (7am to 2pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days.
: +61 4 504 7300 [email protected] is the e-mail address to use.
to 2.30 p.m.), Friday (7 a.m.
to 12 noon) (9am to 4pm) Sundays and public holidays are off limits.
Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (10am to 5pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Visa services are available on a daily basis (10am to 6pm) VFS Global Services is an acronym that stands for VFS Global Services.
Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 7pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Emirates Ticketing Office in Umm Al Quwain is located on King Faisal Road in the Jameiya neighborhood, close to FEWA. Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 6pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.