The visa cancellation should be finalised within 30 days once the employment agreement has expired or been terminated.
How many days it will take for visa cancellation in Dubai?
The application process may take 1 or 2 working days. If you’re an employee, the process for cancelling your labor card may take one more working day. Keep in mind that your employer should carry out this process. So, the entire cancellation process may take up to three working days in total.
How many days can stay after visa cancellation in UAE 2020?
The original grace period for UAE cancelled visas is 30 days. But now it has been extended up to 180 days. During this grace period, the person is allowed to stay in the country until he/she gets a new visa.
How many days can stay after visa cancellation in UAE 2019?
As per the law, you can stay up to 30 days post the cancellation of your employment visa. After this period, if you continue to overstay you attract a fine of AED 100 for the first day and AED 25 for each day thereafter till you exit or amend your visa status.
How do I check if my visa is Cancelled?
To check your visa status, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the portal: https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity.
- Click on the “Passport Information” tab.
- Select “Visa”
- Enter your Passport number and Passport expiry date.
- Select your nationality.
What is the grace period after visa cancellation?
The grace period Residents have 30 days ‘ grace period after visa cancellation to either leave the country or get another residence visa.
How can I get UAE visa cancellation online?
Cancel it Online Visit the GDRFA website and initiate the process from there. Alternatively, you can download the GDRFA app, the first-of-its-kind Dubai government services smart app in the city and apply for the visa cancellation process from there. After submitting the application, visit the GDRFA office.
Can I use my Emirates ID after visa cancellation?
The UAE Identity Card will be invalidated as it is linked to a valid visa. Their assistance is also required to cancel the visa if they have not already done so.
Is there grace period for 90 days visit visa in UAE?
Free grace period The 90 days on arrival visitors don’t get a 10 day grace period because they get a multiple entry visa that is valid for a span of 6 months and permits a total stay of 90 days in UAE. In the situation of UAE residence visa holder who cancelled their visa, they are given a 30 day grace period.
Is my Emirates ID valid after visa cancellation?
Once you’re visa is cancel your Emirates ID is no longer valid. You automatically becone a visitor again. So, if you’re thinking that it might stay valid then it not so. Usually ID of the country is valid while you are residing in that country.
How do I know if my visa overstay is Cancelled?
To check overstay fine in UAE for visit visa or residence visa, you need to visit ICA official website through below link. Step 1: To begin, click here or visit smartservices.ica.gov.ae, once clicked you will be redirected to home page, now look for Public services tab.
How much is the visa cancellation in Dubai?
Cancelling your UAE visa will approximately AED 110. You and your sponsor will have to sign the application and then have it stamped.
What happens if UAE visa is not Cancelled?
If you left the country without proper cancellation of employment resident visa which is followed by employer inform resignation which complied with employment termination procedures (Labor cancelation and employment permit cancellation), perhapsyour employer will report you as absconding person which leads to banned
Can UAE visa be Cancelled without passport?
It is not essential for a person to be physically present for a visa to be cancelled and it can be done without the individual being in Dubai and also without the passport. It is no longer necessary, in most cases, for a residency visa to be marked as cancelled.
UAE Visa Cancellation Process, Documents, Time & More –
If you intend to leave the UAE permanently, you must officially terminate your residency visa before you may go. You can do this online. The cancellation of a visa in the United Arab Emirates is a rather straightforward process, with the majority of the work being handled by your sponsor. You only need to be cautious and keep an eye on a few details to guarantee that the procedure runs well and without any mishaps occurs. Before beginning the procedure, pay off any outstanding debts, sell your automobile, and terminate your rental agreement as well as your utilities payments.
Today, we’ll go through all of the actions involved in canceling a visa for the United Arab Emirates.
Who can cancel your residence visa in the UAE?
You are unable to initiate the visa cancellation process on your own. Only the individual or corporation who sponsored you has the authority to revoke your residence visa. If, on the other hand, you have an investor visa, you can take the initiative and start the procedure on your own.
How can a company apply for the UAE residence visa cancellation procedure?
If your sponsor is a corporation, the corporation must first file a cancellation request with the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation to have your labor card and contract cancelled. This application must be signed in order to be considered complete. Your employer is also responsible for canceling your work permit. However, it is not possible to complete the process without a letter signed by you saying that you have collected your dues, gratuity, repatriation fees, and any other perks that you and your business agreed upon before to leaving your job.
This statement will assist you in creating a visa cancellation request at the GDRFA (The General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs).
What must investors do to cancel their visa in the UAE?
It is necessary for investors to provide formal documentation, which includes a letter of authorization from the local sponsor as well as information on the transfer of obligations. In addition, they will be required to present photocopies of the sponsor’s Emirates identification card. They will also be required to confirm with the bank that any outstanding debts have been satisfied in full.
UAE Visa Cancellation Process
In the United Arab Emirates, there are two ways to apply for a visa cancellation procedure. You have the option of visiting a GDRFA-approved typing center or completing the process online.
In-person: Visiting a registered typing centre
To begin the process of canceling your visa, go to any typing center that has been registered with the GDRFA.
Submit the Documents Required for the Visa Cancellation Process
To cancel your visa, you must provide the following papers to the center:
- Copies of your sponsor’s passport
- A copy of his or her visa page
- A clearing statement for all financial obligations
- Your original Emirates ID card and passport
- And a copy of your sponsor’s passport.
Inform the GDFRA Branch about your requirements
Inform the management at the GDFRA branch that you wish to have your visa, as well as the visas of your dependents, revoked.
Pay a Cancellation Fee for your Dependents
Pay AED 110 as a visa cancellation charge for your dependents, while your sponsor will cover the cost of your own visa cancellation fee.
Get an Application from GDRFA
You will be given an application form by the officers of the GDRFA. Following receipt, sign the form and obtain signatures from both you and your sponsor.
Visit the GDRFA Head Office
Once you have signed the cancellation application, you should go to the GDRFA’s headquarters and bring a copy of the sponsor’s passport, visa page, Emirates ID card, and the original passport with you to the office. The General Directorate of Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) has the ability to cancel your visa in the UAE.
Return your Emirates ID Card
You will be requested to show your Emirates ID card, and your passport will be stamped and returned to you when the process is completed. Keep in mind that if you are unable to appear in person, your sponsor may request that the visa cancellation procedure be initiated on your behalf by submitting a computerised extract of their resident permits or an original passport.
Cancel it Online
As an alternative, you can submit your visa residence cancellation request on the internet. Visit the GDRFA website and follow the on-screen instructions to begin the application process. Alternatively, you may download the GDRFA app, which is the first-of-its-kind Dubai government services smart app in the city, and use it to submit an application for the visa cancellation procedure from that location. After completing your application, you should visit the GDRFA office to confirm receipt. It is necessary to provide your Emirates ID as well as your original passport to complete the residence cancellation process.
For how many days can you stay in the UAE after visa cancellation?
Following the cancellation of your visa, you have 30 days to leave the UAE.
Can your UAE visa be cancelled without a passport?
If you are currently residing in the nation and wish to terminate your employment visa, you will need a passport to do so. Not only can the GDRFA assist you with canceling your visa, but it also allows you to check the status of your UAE visa online. Here’s how to check the status of your UAE visa application online while you’re in the country. Recently, the UAE Cabinet implemented certain changes to the country’s policy on family sponsorship for foreigners living in the country. Here is a comprehensive summary of the new visa restrictions for families in the United Arab Emirates, which you may use to prepare your future applications.
Her favorite pastime when she is not reading is writing poetry or sipping on one of her favorite soft beverages.
Cancelling your residence visa – The Official Portal of the UAE Government
In most cases, only the sponsor has the authority to terminate your resident visa. You will not be able to complete the application on your own. If a corporation intends to terminate an employee’s work visa, it must first submit an application to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation for the termination of the employee’s labor contract and labor card. This application must be signed by both the employer and the employee. After that, the employer should submit a visa cancellation request to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) for consideration.
This can be accomplished by submitting to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation a letter signed by the employee saying that the employee has already received all of his salaries and end of service perks.
Cancellations must be conducted via the GDRFA, which issued the resident visa in the first place, in order to be effective.
How to cancel your residence visa
There are two options for rescinding your visa. You may accomplish it either in person at a recognized typing center or online through a website.
- Typing center with a business license The sponsor may go to any of the typing offices that have been registered with the GDRFA in the particular emirate. In your absence, the typing center will complete the cancellation form on your behalf and submit it online through the appropriate GDRFA. Online Alternatively, the sponsor may initiate the cancellation procedure online through the relevant GDRFA or using theeChannels website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
This is a related link
It is necessary to provide the following papers in order to cancel a resident visa through GDRFA:
- Original passport and original identity card of the sponsored
- If the sponsor is a company or a firm, the cancellation form must be signed and sealed by the company stamp, and a clearance certificate from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation must be attached
- The sponsored’s original passport and original identity card
- And the sponsored’s original identity card. The sponsor may present the sponsored ones’ original passports or a computerised extract of their residence visas (please contact Naturalisation and Residency Department to obtain a computerised extract of the residence visa). If the sponsored ones are outside of the UAE, the sponsor may present their original passports or a computerised extract of their residence visas.
What is the UAE Visa cancellation Process?
Original passport and original identity card of the sponsored; if the sponsor is a company or a firm, the cancellation form must be signed and sealed by the company stamp, and a clearance certificate from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation must be attached; the sponsored’s original passport and original identity card; and the sponsored’s original identification card. The sponsor may present the sponsored ones’ original passports or a computerised extract of their residence visas (please contact Naturalization and Residency Department to obtain a computerised extract of the residence visa).
- What is the procedure for canceling a UAE visa
- Who is responsible for canceling your UAE visa
- What are the various options for canceling your UAE visa? What papers are required for the cancellation of your visa
- How to revoke the dependents’ visa to the United Arab Emirates
- Cancelling your visa will cost you a certain amount of money. What are the considerations you should make before canceling your visa
- I’m curious how long the cancelling procedure will take. What are some of the most often asked questions about visa cancellation
- How can Connect Resources assist you with obtaining a new visa or canceling an existing visa?
What is the UAE Visa cancellation process?
If you intend to live or work in the United Arab Emirates, you must first complete the procedure of acquiring a residency visa. You will be allowed to work and will have access to all of the normal services provided by the country if you have this vital document. Depending on the sort of visa you have, you may be able to remain for two, three, or even four years. If, on the other hand, you’ve decided that you wish to relocate to another country and leave the UAE, you must terminate your present visa first.
It is possible that you will face legal consequences if you leave the country without resigning and cancelling your visa.
Learn more about how to apply for a Dubai remote work visa by reading this article.
Who must cancel your UAE visa?
Knowing who may cancel your resident visa in the United Arab Emirates is essential when dealing with the visa cancellation process in the UAE. This is a process that can only be completed by the sponsor. That is, as an individual, you will not be able to complete the application procedure on your own time. Consequently, if you have received sponsorship from an individual or corporation, they are responsible for withdrawing and submitting your application on your behalf. b. The procedure of obtaining an investor’s visa, on the other hand, can be initiated entirely by the individual concerned.
When should you cancel your UAE Visa?
Perhaps you’re wondering when it’s appropriate to request that your visa be cancelled by your sponsor. If you’re thinking of permanently leaving the UAE, you must reconsider your decision. If you’re thinking about changing jobs or if you need to leave the UAE for a short period of time, you don’t have to cancel your flight.
Keep in mind that, because your sponsor was the one who completed the UAE Visa application on your behalf, it should also be the one who completes the UAE Visa cancellation on your behalf as well.
Why should you learn about how to cancel the UAE visa?
Some of you may be questioning why you need to learn about canceling your UAE visa since it is your employer that is in charge of doing so. We can look at the following grounds for why you should be informed further:
- Because you are a participant in the process, it is critical that you understand how it works. If you need to cancel a visa for a family member, it is beneficial to be aware of the cancellation process. Get in contact with professionals in Visa and Government Services
What are the ways to cancel your UAE visa?
There are two options for completing the Visa Cancellation Process in the UAE. This step can be completed in person or through the internet by your sponsor. In the event that you are the sponsor of your spouse and children, you must personally oversee the completion of this procedure on their behalf.
How to cancel the UAE visa in a typing office?
A typing office registered with the GDRFA in the relevant emirate can be used by your sponsor to revoke your visa. If you are an employee, your employer is required to go through a number of procedures first. Let us take note of the following:
- A typing office registered with the GDRFAin the applicable emirate can be used by your sponsor to revoke your visa. As an employee, your employer is required to complete a number of procedures before you may begin working. We should keep in mind the points listed below:
Please keep in mind that the cancellation must be done through the GDRFA, which was responsible for processing the stamped resident visa in the first place. Once the employer has sent the application to the typing center, the center will fill out the cancellation and proceed with the processing of the application.
How to cancel the UAE visa online?
The third method by which your employer can terminate your UAE visa is to go to the GDRFA website and complete the cancellation process from their site. Note that after submitting the application online, you must physically visit the GDRFA with your passport and Emirates ID. Additionally, the employer can complete the cancellation process through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship website.Learn more about how lower salaries could have a negative impact in the United Arab Emirates.
Which documents do you need for the UAE Visa cancellation Process?
It is necessary to provide a number of papers in order to complete the Visa cancellation process.
What are the documents required for cancelling your visa if you’re an employee?
If you’re an employee, the following are the ones you’ll require:
- You affirm that you have received all of the settlements, salaries, and benefits to which you are entitled in this letter signed by the employee. It is necessary for your employer to sign the cancellation form, and it should be signed and sealed with the corporate stamp. The Ministry of Health and Human Resources has granted a clearance certificate. The original passport of the employee
- Obtain the employee’s original Emirates identification card.
Which documents do you need to cancel the visa for your dependents?
In the event that you are the sponsor of your spouse and children, you must provide the following documentation:
- The following items are required: A copy of your passport
- A cancellation form signed by you
- A copy of the sponsored’s original passport
- Contact Connect Resources to obtain an exceptional Payroll outsourcingservice by providing the sponsor’s original Emirates identification card
How to cancel the UAE visa for dependents?
Note that before your employer may terminate your visa, you must complete the visa cancellation process for all of your dependents. This is critical information to remember. Here’s what you need to do in order to terminate the dependents’ visas:
- Fill out the application form by hand
- You must submit your application and supporting documentation at a typing center. Paying the cancellation charge is mandatory. You will get a permission for cancellation within an hour of submitting your request. Take a printout of the confirmation from the typing center
The fact that your dependents must return their Emirates ID cards once the visa has been canceled is vital to remember. The authorities will stamp your passport and return it to you after the visa has been canceled. Learn how to save both time and money in the recruitment process by applying proven tactics.
How much does it cost to cancel your visa?
Once you’ve learnt about theVisa cancellationprocess and have realized that it is pretty straightforward, you may be asking how much it will cost you to complete the procedure. It should be noted that the cost will vary depending on the location of the office where you or your company will be submitting the request. However, it generally comes at a cost of between AED 100 and AED 200. Remember that your company or sponsor is responsible for paying the amount associated with your visa cancellation, which you should bear in mind.
You will, however, be responsible for the price for your dependents. So keep this in mind if you’re intending on leaving the UAE in the near future since you’ll need to save up the money to cover the costs of doing so. See how payroll and human resource services may help you enhance your management.
What do you need to keep in mind before cancelling your visa?
Before you begin the process of canceling your UAE visa, you should be aware that there are certain steps that must be completed first. Take all of this into consideration so that your departure from the UAE goes well and you don’t have anything waiting.
- If you are the sponsor of your spouse and children, you must first complete the cancellation procedure on their behalf before beginning the process on your own behalf. Make certain to understand how much your employer owes you in accordance with your employment contract. Do not sign any declaration of a verified settlement until you have received all of your outstanding debts. Close your bank account in the United Arab Emirates. In order to cancel all of your utility payments, you must pay them all in full. You can get out of your rental agreement. If you have purchased an automobile, you should sell it before departing.
Keep in mind that if the employment agreement has been canceled or has ended, you must complete the visa cancellation process within 30 days of the termination or expiration of the agreement. Learn more about how to expand your business worldwide.
How long does the cancellation process last?
As you can see, the UAE Visa cancellation Process is not time-consuming and will not require much work on your part or that of your company. As a result, the cancellation is completed in a short period of time. It is possible that the application procedure will take one or two working days. If you’re an employee, the process of canceling your labor card may take up to one additional business day to complete. Keep in mind that your employer is responsible for completing this procedure. As a result, the complete cancellation procedure might take up to three working days in total.
What are some of the common doubts regarding visa cancellation?
Despite the fact that theVisa cancellationprocess is not difficult, there may still be some reservations about it. Take a look at the commonly asked questions regarding it, which are as follows: Your passport is one of the most important papers you’ll need to cancel your UAE visa. As a result, it is required in order to continue the procedure. If you need to cancel the visa for your sponsored ones and they are located outside of the UAE, or if your employer needs to cancel your visa and you are located outside of the UAE, a computerized extract of your Residence Visa can be used to replace the original document.
- Is it possible to terminate your visa without also canceling the visas of your dependents?
If you want to cancel your visa, you must also cancel or place on hold the visas of any dependents who are traveling with you. If the visas of your dependents have not been canceled, you will be unable to complete the cancellation procedure.
- The employer is accountable for the employee if his or her visa has been revoked or suspended.
Following the cancellation of your visa, you will have 30 days to leave the UAE. The employer is remain liable until you depart the country or until the status of your visa is changed by the employer.
- Is it possible to apply for a new visa while the cancellation procedure is in progress?
You must wait until your visa has been revoked before you may begin the application process for a new visa. You will not be able to apply for a new one if the previous one has not been canceled.
How can Connect Resources help you with the UAE Visa cancellation Process?
Individuals requiring assistance with any immigration procedure are the focus of our work at Connect Resources, which is dedicated to providing such support. You may apply for a Dubai remote work visa with the aid of our resources, whether you’re intending on entering or departing the country. We have a team of professionals that are ready to assist you, whether you’re planning on entering or leaving the country. For the purpose of canceling your dependents’ visas, or if you are an employer, we may assist you with the cancellation of your employees’ visas, we can offer you with a full service.
Is it possible to get in touch with Connect Resources about Visa and Government Services? You may reach out to them by phone at +971 433 166 88 or by email at [email protected], and you’ll be connected to one of their employees who will gladly answer any questions you may have.
How to Cancel your UAE Residence Visa (2022)
How can you cancel your visa to the United Arab Emirates? In the majority of circumstances, your employer will be the one to terminate your resident visa. You must, however, be a part of the process in order to succeed. Knowing the steps involved in canceling a UAE resident visa might assist you in completing the procedure on your own for yourself or a member of your family. ALSO READ: How to Obtain a Resident Visa in Dubai (Guide) Before you cancel your UAEvisa, there are some things you should keep in mind.
- If you’re supporting a spouse, wife, kid, or housemaid, you must first terminate their visa
- Otherwise, they will not be able to work. If you desire to permanently leave the UAE, you must first satisfy all of your financial responsibilities. Finish off any loose ends, such as shutting your bank account, paying off debts, selling your car, and terminating your rental agreements as well as your utility subscriptions. Visiting a typing office or going through the process online are also options for canceling your visa.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The following options are available: Personal Application
- Online Application
- FAQs about Cancelling UAE Residence Visa
1. Confirm the terms of the settlement with the employer Be very certain that you’ve received all of your dues before signing any declaration of a confirmed settlement. You should also be certain that you understand exactly how much your company owes you. Your payout should include gratuity, repatriation expenses or airfare, and any other terms that have been agreed upon between you and your employer in accordance with your employment contract. 2. Submit the required documentation. Starting with the submission of the relevant documentation to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation, the firm can begin the visa cancellation process.
- After that, go to a typing service.
- Approximately AED 110 will be charged for canceling your UAE visa.
- The following are the papers you will need to bring:
- Please include a copy of your sponsor’s passport as well as the visa page
- Original passport
- Emirates ID card
- And other documentation.
You must submit your previous Emirates ID card as well as your passport to the authorities. They will then return it to you when it has been stamped by them. This will signal the beginning of the 30-day period during which you will be required to leave the UAE. Changing jobs is a time-consuming process that requires you to present your cancellation document and passport to your new company in order to get an employment visa stamped in your passport. Typically, the procedure takes 2 weeks to complete.
General Directorate of Research and Development (GDRFAAbu Dhabi) It is located on Saada Street in Alexandria. To get to Dubai from the Corniche, head south on Shaikh Zayed Street, following the signs for Dubai. Take the Shaikh Zayed Tunnel to your destination. After passing through the tunnel, prepare to move into the right-hand lane and turn right onto Saada Street, which is between the two pine cone-shaped structures. Continue straight over the two crossroads that you’ve come to. The GDRFA is located on the right.
Make a U-Turn at the intersection with Shaikh Rashid Road and return along Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Road to your starting point. Take the second exit off the freeway, which is 36th Street. Parking will be on your right as you enter.
You can also choose to complete the entire application procedure entirely online. Following the submission of your application, you must attend the GDRFA with your original passport and Emirates ID card in hand. If you desire to cancel your UAE residence visa, you can do so by visiting this website.
FAQS about Cancelling UAE Residence Visa
1. What documentation do I need to provide in order to get my family’s visa in Dubai canceled? 2.
- Original Passports of the Sponsored and the Sponsor
- Original Emirates ID of the Sponsor
- Original Passport of the Sponsored and the Sponsor
The application must be written in Vision form, and the cancellation can be completed at a typing center rather of having to go to the Immigration Department in person. Within an hour, you will receive clearance for the cancellation, and you will be able to pick up a confirmation print at Typing Center. 2. I’d like to cancel the visa because of personal circumstances. I have already submitted my application, and the review process is now underway. Is it still possible to cancel? Yes, you are required to cancel the visa.
- For the seal, you must go to your local Immigration department with your original passport and cancellation receipt in hand.
- It is necessary to complete the visa cancellation process within 30 days after the work agreement has ended or has been cancelled.
- In what circumstances can members file a visa cancellation request while the applicant is still outside the United States?
- It is acceptable if the candidate has been away from the nation for more than 6 months. It is possible that the applicant’s visa has expired while he or she is outside the country. If the applicant submits his or her original passport to be cancelled while traveling outside of the nation, the application will be denied.
5. Is it possible for applicants to cancel their own visas without also canceling the visas of their dependents? Prior to canceling the applicant’s visa, the dependent’s visa should be either put on hold or terminated, depending on the situation. 6. Is it necessary for them to submit the end of service form in the event that their shareholders’ visas are cancelled? In this situation, the share certificate may be provided in lieu of the end of service form. If an employee’s name is erased from a company’s records because his or her residence visa was revoked at the airport, how may this be accomplished?
Once this has been completed, the employee’s name will be struck from the company’s records.
Is the corporation still liable for the actions of its workers after their visas have been revoked?
No, new visa applications cannot be submitted if the existing visa has not yet been cancelled. Universities in Ajman Universities in Fujairah Universities in RAKUniversities in the United Arab Emirates SEE ALSO:6 Types of Visa Ban in the United Arab Emirates
Explained: 30-day grace period after UAE visa cancellation
Published at 10:46 a.m. on Sunday, June 6, 2021. The most recent update was made on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 2:27 PM. Question: I am a resident of Dubai who has recently lost his or her work. My employers have informed me that they would be canceling my visa by the end of the month of June. I realize that I have a 30-day grace period in which to leave the United States. Could you perhaps clarify what this grace period is? Once the grace period expires, what are my alternatives for remaining in the nation after it has expired?
- Answer: In response to your questions, an employee whose residency visa has been revoked should leave the United Arab Emirates.
- (6) for 1973 concerning Immigration and Residence, as amended by Federal Law No.
- (13) for 1996, and Federal Decree Law No.
- It should be mentioned, however, that in the UAE, once a resident visa has been revoked, an individual is permitted to remain in the country for a period of 30 days.
- As a result, you are permitted to remain in the UAE during the grace period following the cancellation of your residence visa by your employer.
- This means that when your work permit has been issued, your new employer will be able to apply for your new resident visa while you are still on the premises.
- India The Covid crisis is a situation in which Many expats are extending their parents’ visas to visit the UAE.
- For additional information on the aforementioned subject, you may choose to contact the GDRFA.
- He holds legal qualifications to practice law in Dubai, the United Kingdom, and India, among other places.
The following are the contact information for his firm: Readers can submit their queries to [email protected] or mail them to Legal View, Khaleej Times, Post Box 11243, Dubai. Photograph in the file
UAE visa cancellation – Detailed cancelation procedure 2022
Visa cancellation for citizens of the United States and the United Arab Emirates
June 08, 2020 Updated
In most cases, canceling your UAE resident visa is a simple and straightforward procedure. The procedure of canceling a visa in the United Arab Emirates is less complicated than the process of applying for a resident visa. However, it is critical to complete the Resident visa cancellation process in a timely manner and to ensure that the cancellation has been registered in the immigration system. Take a look at our UAE visa cancellation vital guide, which has been developed by Arabiers UAE Visa specialists and includes detailed information on employment, family, and visitor visa cancellation in the UAE.
In the event that you have been employed in the United Arab Emirates under a work visa, the process of canceling such employment resident visa is comprised of two main procedures. To cancel a labor card with the Ministry of Labor, a separate application must be made, and then a second application must be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in order to cancel an employment visa with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This process must be completed by your visa sponsor (employer), and you are unable to complete it on your own time.
Basically, you must follow the company’s resignation protocol and maintain good behavior with your employer as well as with the legislation of the country in order to have a simple process of having your employment visa revoked in the United Arab Emirates.
Procedure of Employment visa cancelation in UAE
To print the application, go to the appropriate service center (such as the Tashedal or Amer center, as well as a local typing center), or go online (using the Ministry’s e-forms platform, known as the GDRFA / smart channel).
2. The application must be signed by the sponsor or an authorized signatory.
3. Providing the necessary documentation and commencing the procedure.
Temporary cancellation of your labor card at the Ministry of Labor, with the information being electronically forwarded to the GDRFA in order to revoke your residence visa authorization.
Visit the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs with your sponsor or authorized representative.
The general directorate of residence and foreign affairs sends an electronic certification to the labor card holder that the labor card has been permanently revoked.
Employment visa cancelation fee
The sole way for a sponsor of a Family visa to cancel the visa is through an approved typing center or at the local immigration office. When you cancel your appointment, the Typing Center or the Amer/Tasheel Center will fill out your cancellation form and submit it electronically through an internet gateway on your behalf. In most cases, authorisation for cancellation is received within an hour. If you decided to have the cancellation processed through a typing center, you will be sent simply a copy of the cancellation printout when it has been approved.
- Original Passports of the Sponsored and the Sponsor
- Original Emirates ID of the sponsor
- Completed Application (e-Vision form)
Family visacancelation fee
Visitors who have been granted for UAE visas are sometimes perplexed as to whether they should cancel their legal visas if they are not intending to come to the country for a variety of reasons, such as work or family obligations. Actually, the truth is that they are not required to cancel the visa. This is due to the fact that the UAE immigration service has granted that visa 60 days validity from the day of the tourist/visit/leisure visa being issued, and that visa will become automatically invalid after two months.
Once your UAE tourist, visit, or leisure visa has been approved, you must cancel the earlier visa by paying the visa fee.
When it becomes necessary, the visa sponsor can seek and pay for the cancellation of the authorized visa.
Tourist visa cancelation fee
If you wish to extend your stay in the UAE after your employment visa and family visa have been cancelled, it is recommended that you read the information provided below to make the process easier. For those planning to leave the UAE by canceling their resident visas, those resigning their jobs and looking for new opportunities, and those sending their family members back home for various reasons such as studies or other obligations, the most straightforward option is to cancel their resident visas.
Following the completion of your employment visa or family visa cancellation, you will be granted a grace period of 28 days to remain in the country without paying any fees (in your cancelation paper the last date is mentioned) If you are nearing the end of your cancelled visa grace period, you can pick one of the alternatives listed below to extend your stay in the UAE or return to the country.
- Flying out of the country or returning home is one of the most common ways to obtain a new UAE passport. Visas for visits/tourist visas are available. It takes 2-3 days to obtain a new tourist visa, which allows you to enjoy a vacation or family visit while your new tourist visa is being processed. In this case, you must book three-way tickets or a two-way ticket with a return dummy ticket, which includes flights out of the UAE, flights back into the UAE, and a third ticket with a date after 30 or 90 days. Visa run: The majority of Europeans and others from western countries are granted an on-arrival tourist visa to the United Arab Emirates. As soon as your resident visa is revoked, you can apply for an Oman visa run, in which case you will be issued a 30 or 90-day tourist visa, depending on your nationality and the nationality list available at your arrival. Visa exchange from one airport to another: It is a helpful and convenient option to depart the country and obtain a new tourist visa. Your visa provider will supply you with a return ticket to the next Middle Eastern nation (such as Oman, Bahrain, or Kuwait), and upon your return to the UAE, you will be supplied with a new tourist visa. Even if you are currently overstaying your visa after the cancellation grace period has expired, paying the fine at the airport and quitting the country is the most expedient way to remove the overstay and prior resident visa status in the United States. It is likely that you will be issued a fresh tourist visa upon your return, allowing you to extend your stay in your selected UAE city. Internal visa: The most easiest option to remain in the nation once your employment visa and family visa have been revoked, an internal visa is an avisa change without departure that allows you to remain at home without leaving. You will receive a new visa copy and a document indicating that your status has changed from the visa provider, who will handle all of the paper work.
If you are absent from the United Arab Emirates for more than six consecutive months, your resident visa will be immediately cancelled, and if you do not return before the six-month period has expired, you will not be permitted to re-enter the country on the same visa. You will not be required to return to the UAE in such a circumstance if you have no intention of returning in the foreseeable future. Instead, you can simply terminate your visa without returning. It is possible that your employer will report you as an absconding person if you leave the country without properly canceling your employment resident visa, which is followed by an employer-informed resignation that complies with employment termination procedures (labor cancellation and employment permit cancellation), which may result in you being barred from entering the UAE.
In order to prevent problems with future visa applications, it is always a good idea to follow up with a formal resident visa cancellation and gather proof of cancellation (cancelation paper and or cancelation stamp in passport visa page) before departing the United Arab Emirates.
The absence of more than six consecutive months from the United Arab Emirates will result in the cancellation of your resident visa, and if you do not return before the six-month period has expired, you will not be permitted to re-enter the country with the same visa. You will not be required to return to the UAE in such a circumstance if you have no intention of returning in the foreseeable future. Instead, you can simply terminate the visa without returning. It is possible that your employer will report you as an absconding person if you leave the country without properly canceling your employment resident visa, which is followed by an employer-informed resignation that complies with employment termination procedures (labor cancellation and employment permit cancellation), which may result in you being barred from entering the United Arab Emirates.
In order to prevent problems with future visa applications, it is always a good idea to follow up with a formal resident visa cancellation and gather proof of cancellation (cancelation document and/or cancelation stamp in passport visa page) before departing the United Arab Emirates.
The process of canceling a family visa while your family member is out of the country is more simpler and straightforward when the sponsor is in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The sponsor may submit all of the necessary documentation in a timely manner and without any hassle. You may complete this process at a typing center rather than having to go to the immigration department.
- Original Passport of the applicant’s sponsor
- Original Emirates ID of the applicant’s sponsor
- The application must be sent in typed format. The application fee is Dh266 and the cost of typing will be an extra amount. It is not necessary to have a cancellation stamp on the Visa page of the passport. With your original passport and the cancellation receipt, you can go to the local Immigration department to get a seal applied for. They will stamp your document without charging you a price.
It is more difficult to get an employment visa cancellation when you are outside of the UAE, because you must do it via the existing visa sponsor, which is a time-consuming process. As long as you have a legitimate cause, your employer has the right to cancel your visa. However, if you have any concerns or debts with the firm, it will be more difficult to negotiate with the company while you are outside of the nation.
It is necessary for both the employer and the employee to be present at the freezone headquarters so that they may speak with officials face to face during the cancellation procedure of a contract with a Freezone firm. The purpose of this is to verify that all regulations are followed and that both parties are in complete agreement over the termination of the existing employment contract. In order to begin the cancellation procedure, you must have your original passport as well as your Emirates ID card with you.
- The following are guidelines and requirements for Dubai residents returning after June 22, 2020:
- Create an account with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Smart service link, register, and receive permission before booking the flight
- The approval process for return is managed by the UAE General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs, which works in collaboration with airlines. PCR testing are carried out at the Dubai-Abu Dhabi international airport, among other places. All persons who test positive for COVID 19 are subjected to a 14-day quarantine period.
- People who have a visa to the United Arab Emirates that expires between March and December 2020 will automatically be granted an extension until the end of December. The holder is required to leave the country or find employment in order to obtain a new visa
- 3. UAE visa holders whose visas expire before March 1 are granted a three-month grace period beginning on the 18th of May and ending on the 18th of August 2020. 4. Employees whose visas were cancelled by their employers after March 1st are granted a 30-day grace period from the date of cancellation, during which time they are exempt from paying any overstay fines. They should use this time to leave the country or obtain a new visa if they wish to avoid paying any fines. Exiting the country or finding new job are the best options for the employee. Another potential alternative is to apply for a tourist visa to the United Arab Emirates. Tourist visas are being issued by the immigration department for applicants within the UAE, but not for those who apply from abroad
- 5. In the case of domestic workers and dependants residing on Family visas, an automatic renewal will be granted until December 31st for any visas that have expired after March 31st
- May 13, 2020 for visas that have expired after March 31st
- 6. As a result of the current lockdown conditions, those who have left the country before the UAE’s borders have closed would be able to revoke their resident visa without having to travel to the UAE. Furthermore, the individual’s passport will not be necessary because the exit will be updated on a centralized database system. The individual’s previous employer is required to produce a copy of the employee’s passport and visa, which must be turned over to the GDRFA of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. (Image courtesy of Gulf News)
- May 10, 2020 Expats who are overstaying their visas because of the border closure are asked to register at the FAIC site in order to be granted a three-month grace period beginning on the 18th of May, 2020. 8. All fines pertaining to identification cards, labor cards, and expired work permits will be waived in their entirety. The spokesman for the FAIC has asked all those who fall under this category to take advantage of the grace period before any legal action is launched against them. (Image courtesy of The National
- April 15, 20208) In response to the unexpected spread of the Corona virus-Covid19 pandemic, the government of the United Arab Emirates made a major announcement on the extension of visa validity for all resident visas, entry permits, and Emirates Identity cards that had expired after the first of March are now valid until the end of 2020. It was announced in a speech made by Brigadier Khamis Al Kaabi, the official spokesperson of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC), that expired Emirates IDs will be valid for both locals and foreigners who have Emirates ID Cards until the end of December 2020. (Image courtesy of Khaleej time.)
Before you have your UAE visa revoked and depart the country, be sure that everything is in order; any mistakes will result in the denial of a new tourist or residency visa.
- Getting your bank account closed Make certain that all of your debts, credit cards, and auto loans are paid. Make certain that you have a bank clearance letter for each liability you have already enrolled in. Ascertaining that you have received all of your salary payments, benefits, and settlements from your company
- Remember not to sign any confirmation letters if you have not received these payments
- Paying all of your utility bills, whether they be from Etisalat, Du, or your home internet provider
- Getting out of your tenancy agreement
- Selling your automobile or making a payment on your auto debts
Upon being informed of the cancellation, you have 28 days to decide whether to modify your status and get a new resident visa or leave the country.
Fines are not applicable during the grace period following the cancellation of a visa. If you overstay your welcome once the grace period has expired, you will be penalized the following amounts:
- For the first day, AED 125 is charged
- For each succeeding day, AED 25 is charged
- After six months of overstaying, AED 50 is charged each day
- After a year of overstaying, AED 100 is charged per day.
In the event that you get an inside-country visa without leaving the country, you will not be fined AED 125 for the first day, and the immigration system indicates that the fine should be paid before the status is changed.
Cancellations may be made at your local typing center, Amer service locations in Dubai, and Tasheel centers in Abu Dhabi, among other places. Employment visas are usually processed in one day, although they can sometimes take more than one day depending on the situation. You are unable to do so since your employer must be canceling your resident visa. If you have any concerns about your job, you can bring them to the attention of the labor department, which will resolve them as quickly as possible.
After implementing e-government in the United Arab Emirates, there is no need to obtain a stamp.
You cannot, and even if you manage to travel from your country to the UAE, you will be required to return home if you are denied entry due to the fact that you do not possess a passport from one of the countries on the on-arrival list.
Dubai family visa : Apply, Extend & Cancel – 2022 rules & updates
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of all the regulatory revisions for obtaining a Dubai family visa in 2022. By reading this advice, you will not only be able to improve the sponsorship process, but you will also be able to save unnecessary charges. If you have all of the relevant information, you should be OK. The correct PRO or typing center may save you both time and money since they will work efficiently.
Rather of filing for a Dubai family visa for a family member who is not now in the UAE, you may save 1290 AED by applying for one while they are still in the country (getting them on aUAE visit visaand then apply dependent visa). Continue reading to learn how you may save money. Let’s get started with the first topic. You shouldn’t be concerned if you have all of your documentation in order; you may apply for and complete their dependant visa in Dubai when they are in or out of the country. It has no effect on whether or not a request is approved or rejected.
Family members outside of Dubai
In the event that you have made the decision that you would certainly fund your family member’s trip to Dubai, you may proceed to get an entrance permit while your family member is still outside of the country. It is possible to complete the remaining steps of the process such as stamping once your family member arrives.
This approach will save you money because an admission permit for people who are not from Dubai costs 490 AED, and you will avoid having to pay that fee. Continue reading to find out how much an entrance permit will cost them if they are already in Dubai.
Family member in side Dubai
The person in question has arrived in Dubai on a tourist or on arrival visa, and you would want to change the status of their visa from tourist to resident. This may be accomplished without the need for them to leave the country or complete an Oman visa run. If you choose the no-exit option, you will be required to pay for an inside-country entrance permit, which will cost 1140 AED, as well as a status change, which will cost 640 AED. The Oman visa run will need you to drive to the Oman border, but you will be able to save a total of 640 AED.
Additionally, your ability to sponsor a family member is determined by the compensation you get under the terms of your employment contract.
In addition, you must have an Ejari tenancy contract for your apartment or a rental agreement in your name from another apartment or place of habitation.
At one point in time, only particular professions on a predetermined list were eligible to sponsor their family members. Currently, all professionals are eligible to sponsor their family members, provided that they meet all of the conditions listed above.
There are certain other requirements depending on the situation:
- It is necessary for a woman to have a residence permit that lists her career as teacher, engineer, nurse, doctor or any other job in the medical field if she desires to sponsor her spouse and children. Her pay should be a minimum of 10,000 AED, or 8,000 AED if she is provided with housing. She will also be required to produce any further documentation that may be asked by the appropriate authorities. A payment as a guarantee is required from expatriates who desire to sponsor their parents, as is documentation demonstrating that their parents have no other means of care back home. To qualify for the minimum income (20,000 AED or 19,000 AED, plus two-bedroom housing), the expatriate must earn the minimum specified salary (20,000 AED or 19,000 AED), and get an annual medical insurance policy for both parents with the minimum indicated coverage for each parent. If an expatriate intends to sponsor his or her stepchildren, he or she must adhere to the GDRFA’s guidelines, which are detailed below. There must be a documented no-objection certificate from the biological parent and a monetary deposit for each kid in order to adopt a child. It is possible for a Muslim foreigner to sponsor two spouses, as long as all of the requirements and restrictions set down by the GDRFA are met. A deposit for each kid must be kept by single moms who wish to sponsor them, as well as a signed no objection certificate from the biological father. An expatriate can only sponsor his daughter if she is or they are not married
- Otherwise, he cannot sponsor her. An expatriate can only sponsor his son till he reaches the age of eighteen. If the son continues to study in the UAE or abroad beyond the age of 18, sponsorship is provided until the son reaches the age of 21 if documentation is provided that he is pursuing an education.
- 1. 1 year family visa – persons who sponsor their stepchildren will be granted a 1 year UAE Resident visa, which must be renewed on an annual basis. 2. A family visa valid for two years, depending on the sponsor’s two-year employment contract A family visa for two years has been issued. 3. A three-year family visa based on the sponsor’s three-year job contract is available. A family visa for three years has been issued.
- Documents required for the processing of your wife’s visa application
- Documents required in order to process a visa for your child
- All bio pages of the sponsor (husband’s) passport must be in soft copy
- The sponsor (husband’s) visa must be in soft copy
- The sponsor (husband’s) Emirates ID must be in original
- Ejari is a soft copy of Ejari. Contract of employment – electronic version
- Your photograph – a soft copy Soft copy of the marriage certificate with the attestation
- Wife’s passport copy with full bio pages in soft copy
- Wife’s recent color passport size photo in soft copy
- Wife’s recent color passport size photo in hard copy
- Soft copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Soft copy of the sponsor’s passport (father or mother) with full bio pages – soft copy
- Soft copy of the sponsor’s visa
- Soft copy of the sponsor’s Emirates ID (husband)
- Soft copy of the child’s birth certificate certified
- Ejari is available in soft form
- Labor contract is also available in soft copy. Your photograph – a soft copy a soft copy of the child’s passport, including all bio pages
- A soft copy of the wife’s most recent color passport-sized photo
Soft copy of the child’s birth certificate; soft copy of the sponsor’s passport (father or mother) with all bio pages – soft copy; soft copy of the sponsor’s visa; soft copy of the sponsor’s Emirates ID (husband); soft copy of the sponsor’s passport with all bio pages – soft copy A soft copy of the ejari; a soft copy of the labor contract A soft copy of your photograph Soft copies of the following documents: child’s passport copy with complete bio pages; wife’s current color passport size photo;
01Collecting the documents (soft copies and Original Emirates ID)
Sponsor (father or mother) passport copy with complete bio pages – soft copy; Sponsor visa copy – soft copy; Sponsor (husband) Emirates ID – original required; Sponsor (child) birth certificate certified – soft copy Ejari is available in soft form; the labor contract is also available in soft copy. Your photograph – a soft copy; a soft copy of the child’s passport, including all bio pages; a soft copy of the wife’s most recent color passport-size photo;
It is necessary to create a new file in the immigration system using the papers that have been given. After that, they will begin the process of producing the entrance permission.
There are two different sorts of admission permits available. After the file has been opened, the application for an entry permission will be completed based on the location of your family member.
If you have a family member who is already in Dubai, you can apply for the first type of admission permission. If your family member is not currently in the United Arab Emirates, you must apply for the second type of admission permission.
- Permission to enter – new – dwelling – (children/wife) – Resident sponsor employed in the private sector, free zone, or government (on the inside)
- Entry permit – new – residency – (children/wife) – Resident sponsor working in the private sector / free zone / government (outside of the country)
04If applicant is in Dubai, change statusif not in Dubai, enter Dubai
If your family member is already in Dubai, the application for a change of status should be submitted as soon as the entrance permission has been issued. They can use the entrance permission to enter Dubai if they are not in the country.
In order to get a family residency visa, the applicant must undergo a medical examination in one of the medical centers that have been certified by the Dubai Health Authority and the Ministry of HealthPrevention. You can seek medical attention at the nearest approved medical center in Dubai. Documents that are required
- A valid passport photocopy
- A valid entry permit
- Two passport-sized photographs with a white backdrop
To apply for an Emirates ID card, you must complete the eform on the FAIC website and submit it together with the supporting documentation listed below:
- Original passport
- Original legal residence or entrance permission
- Original birth certificate Original birth certificate or father’s passport or Emirates ID
- Passport and visa of the applicant’s sponsor (only for newborns)
- Original birth certificate or father’s passport or Emirates ID
According to the regulations of the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), it is mandatory for all visa holders to have medical insurance policies that have been authorized by the DHA. Isahd is the source. It is possible to obtain a personal medical insurance coverage for dependents with an annual maximum of 150,000 AED and a 20 percent coinsurance payment by the insured through local insurance providers. Services can be obtained through recognized health centers, clinics, hospitals, and other facilities.
The insurance will cover the entire cost of therapy if the patient’s condition exceeds specified restrictions.
30 percent of the prescription cost is borne by the insured for each and every prescription.
The physician and the pharmacist are restricted to a list of formulary goods that are readily available to them.
Inside of 60 days of being issued an entrance permit, the visa holder must either enter Dubai or complete a status change request in the country. They should then go to obtain an Emirates ID and undergo medical examination in order to proceed with the visa stamping. The present visa status of your family member, which is normally the expiration date of your tourist visa, has a significant impact on the processing of your family visa the majority of the time. You are perplexed as to whether the time you have available is adequate to process a family visa or whether you will require a tourist visa extension.
|Collecting the documents
|15-17 working days
The times shown are all estimates, and it is possible that they will take longer than planned owing to immigration and the fact that weekends (Friday and Saturday) in Dubai are not included.
The cost of a Dubai family visa is determined by the location of the application, the validity period of your residence visa (2 or 3 years), the type of insurance you wish to provide for your family member, and whether you require a standard or expedited delivery service.
We attempted to provide you with an estimate of the cost depending on the current scenario.
|2 years visa
|Applicant is in Dubai
|Applicant out of Dubai
|3 years visa
|Applicant is in Dubai
|Applicant out of Dubai
- Children and unmarried women have insurance premiums that are half as high as those of married women (0-65 years old)
- And Marriage-related insurance costs for married women (Age 45-90) are almost twice as expensive as insurance rates for parents. The ages of married women are recognized to be between 18 and 45 years
An application for a new Dubai family residency visa entrance permit has been submitted. a sample Dubai application for a change of status Change of status from a tourist visa to a resident visa. a sample access permit for Dubai’s residential area a sample access permit for Dubai’s residential area After considering the idea, the UAE cabinet accepted it, enabling international students studying at UAE-based colleges to fund their family members’ visits to the country if they can afford to stay there.
Several adjustments have been made to the citizenship and national residence processes, according to Sheikh Mohammed, including the approval of abroad students to sponsor their families if they can afford to do so, as long as they meet certain requirements.
The terms of this visa have not yet been made public.
- The date is September 25, 2021. UAE residency visa holders who have been out of the country for more than six months will now be allowed to return if they have been fully immunized with vaccinations approved by the World Health Organization. The statement was made by the National Center for Emergency Management and Disaster Preparedness (NCEMA) and the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (Federal ID and Citizenship) (ICA). This regulation is valid for travellers arriving from countries that have already been suspended. To return to the United Arab Emirates, travellers must complete these three procedures. Submit a vaccination certificate to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) to be authorized. Show a negative PCR test result obtained from an approved lab 48 hours before departure, together with a QR code. While following to all preventive precautions, you should take part in a Rapid PCR test before, on day 4, and on day 8 after your arrival in the UAE. These regulations do not apply to minors under the age of sixteen. The previously announced precautions are still effective in protecting those who have not been vaccinated. On September 13, 2021 (according to Gulf News), Travel to Dubai is now permitted for all UAE citizens without the need for prior authorisation from the GDRFA or the ICA. If you are traveling from a country such as India or Nigeria and need to present a certificate for a negative COVID-19 RT PCR test result, you will need to produce a certificate from Zambia, Vietnam, Pakistan, South Africa, or Uganda. This exam must have been completed no more than 72 hours before the flight departs. UAE residents returning from these ten countries (Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, Vietnam, Zambia, South Africa, and Uganda) must first obtain permission from either the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, or GDRFA, if they reside in Dubai, or the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA), if they reside anywhere else in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). (Source: Emirates)
- September 05, 2021UAE residents returning from these ten countries (Paki