The documents vary depending on the purpose of your visit but for every application, you must have at least one visa photo, although you usually have to submit at least two.
How many photos do you need to apply for a visa?
If you are applying for an immigrant visa, using Form DS-260, you must provide two (2) identical photos at your immigrant visa interview. Your photos must be: Printed on photo quality paper. 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size.
What are the requirements for visit visa in Dubai?
The following documents are required to avail a tourist visa for Dubai:
- Filled Visa Application form.
- Visa Fee.
- Passport photographs.
- Copy of flight ticket.
- Travel Insurance.
- Passport copy of the sponsor.
What is passport sized photo?
The correct size of a passport photo is: 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) Head must be between 1 – 1 3/8 inches (25 – 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
How big is a visa photo?
The US visa photo size should be 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm). The photo should be positioned in a way that the head is between 1 and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of your chin to the top of the head. In color.
Who prints 2×2 photos?
What size photos can Walgreens print? The Walgreens pharmacy has different photo sizes available, the most popular ones are: 2×2, 4×4, 4×5.
What is the postcard size photo?
Photo postcards are typically rectangular, at least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long x 0.007 inches thick and no more than 4-1/4 inches high x 6 inches long x 0.016 inches thick.
Are passport and visa photos the same size?
The photograph of each passport or visa applicant must be an unmounted full face photo, taken within the past six months. The key requirement is that the photograph clearly identifies the applicant. The photograph should measure 2″ square (roughly 50 mm square) with the head centered in the frame.
Where can I get a visa photo?
Where to Get Passport Photos and Visa Photos Taken In-Person?
- Drugstores and Pharmacies.
- Warehouse and Discount Retail Stores.
- Local Post Office.
- AAA Offices.
- Printing and Shipping Stores.
- Photo Booths.
- Other Places to Consider.
- Help, I Can’t Find a Local Place to Take My Visa or Passport Photo!
Can you smile in UAE visa photo?
It is not permitted for you to smile or to make any other facial expressions in your passport photo or visa photo. The only allowed expression is neutral. It is essential that your eyes are perfectly visible in your passport photo or visa photo.
How much bank balance is required for Dubai tourist visa?
The bank statement must be originally stamped by the bank and must have a minimum balance of not less than AED 3000. originally stamped by the bank) will be accepted.
The United Arab Emirates Passport/Visa Photo Requirements and Size
IVisa was last updated on January 27, 2022. The passport of the United Arab Emirates is considered to be one of the most strong in the world. Do you intend to submit an application for one? It’s then only a matter of gathering some paperwork and heading over to the issuing authorities to submit an application for approval. You will also need to produce two passport photographs, which you may obtain with the aid of iVisa Photos without ever leaving your house. IVisa Photos will ensure that your photo fits all of the standards for a legitimate passport photo even if you take it at home.
Your eligibility for an electronic visa may be determined by the country to which you wish to go.
You will have a simple and quick online visa application process if you enlist their assistance.
- Dimensions of the required photo: 4.5 cm in height and 3.5 cm in width The photographs that are submitted must be in color
- Position of the head: straight
- Recentness: the photograph was shot no more than 6 months ago. Background color is white. No, not at all
- Visually distinguishable eyes are required. Photographs that are blurred will be rejected. If you wear glasses, they will be accepted only if they do not impair your vision and there is no glare in the photograph. Headgear is not permitted. In the case of religious or cultural reasons, exceptions are made. Resolution (in pixels): at least 600 dots per inch (dpi)
- Dress code: the colors of your garments must be in stark contrast to the colors of the surrounding environment. Do not wear white tee shirts. Allowable if it resembles your everyday look
- Beard: authorized The required number of photographs is two.
The United Arab Emirates Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
To some extent, taking your passport or visa photo at home is similar to shooting a selfie, but it is not quite the same thing. You must follow a certain set of guidelines in order to complete the task correctly. We’ve included all of the rules and regulations you’ll need to follow when shooting your photograph below.
- It has already been stated that the backdrop of your passport or visa photo must be completely white. It is not permitted to have any patterns, colors, or shadows applied on it. A white wall is typically used as a prop, but if you do not have one, you may use a white sheet to put on the wall instead. In the end, the outcome is much the same
- Be certain that the lighting is right. Unless your photo is extremely dark, it will not be accepted. In addition, excessive exposure is not appropriate. To avoid appearing with shadows on your face, you should use a light source that is directly in front of your face. Take care to make sure that all sides of your face are equally exposed when you’re taking your photo. Keep your shoulders back and your back to the camera. Please do not upload a photo in the portrait format. If you make any other facial expressions in your passport photo or visa photo, it will be refused. It is not authorized for you to grin or make any other facial emotions in your passport photo or visa photo. The sole acceptable expression is one of neutrality
- It is critical that your eyes are clearly seen in your passport photo or visa photo in order for it to be accepted. In order to avoid this, please remove your spectacles and comb your hair away from your face. The wearing of sunglasses is strictly prohibited
- Nevertheless, headwear is tolerated for religious purposes. Keep in mind, however, that your face must be visible from every angle from the top to the bottom. You are not have to shave your beard before taking your passport photo or visa photo as long as it is a part of your usual appearance
- You are also not required to wear a hat that casts shadows on your face.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
It has already been stated that the backdrop of your passport or visa photo must be completely clear. Any patterns, colors, or shadows must be avoided when creating this piece of artwork. A white wall is typically used as a prop, but if you do not have one, you may use a white sheet and hang it on the wall instead. Making ensuring that the lighting is right yields much the same outcome. Your photograph will be rejected if it is too dark. It is also not acceptable to overexpose. To avoid appearing with shadows on your face, you should use a light source that is directly in front of you.
- Face the camera with your shoulders straight.
- If you grin or make any other facial expression in your passport or visa photo, it will be denied.
- In your passport photo or visa photo, you must ensure that your eyes are clearly visible.
- In order to avoid this, please remove your spectacles and comb your hair out of your eyes.
- Maintaining visibility from head to toe is critical, so make sure your face is visible.
- Additionally, your headgear should not cast shadows on your face.
- As previously stated, the backdrop of your passport or visa photo must be completely white. It cannot be decorated with patterns, colors, or shadows. A white wall is typically used as a prop, but if you do not have one, you may put a white sheet on the wall instead. Making ensuring that the lighting is right will yield much the same outcome. If your photograph is too dark, it will be rejected. Overexposure is also not acceptable. To avoid appearing with shadows on your face, you should use a frontal source of light. When taking your photo, make sure that all sides of your face are equally visible. Maintain a straight posture and face the camera. Please do not upload a photograph in the portrait format. If you make any other facial expressions in your passport photo or visa photo, it will be refused
- It is not permissible for you to smile or make any other facial emotions in your passport photo or visa photo. The sole acceptable expression is one of neutrality
- It is critical that your eyes be clearly seen in your passport or visa photograph. As a result, remove your spectacles and comb your hair away from your face. Sunglasses, of course, are not authorized
- Nonetheless, religious headwear is tolerated. However, keep in mind that your entire face must be visible from top to bottom. You are not need to shave your beard before taking your passport photo or visa photo as long as it is a part of your usual look. Additionally, your headgear should not cast shadows on your face.
Price and Cost
Going to a photo studio to have your passport photographs or visa shots is more expensive than getting them done online. In fact, just the opposite is true.
Two photographs are required for the issuance of a passport from the United Arab Emirates. If you use iVisa Photos to obtain them, you will just have to pay $5.99 for them. That is around 22 in AED. The precise amount you get is determined by the currency rate in effect on the day of your order.
How to get United Arab Emirates Passport Photos or United Arab Emirates Visa Photos Online?
Because you have all of the relevant information at your fingertips, you must be prepared to take your own passport photo or visa photo. In a nutshell, we’ll go through what to expect in this section. You’ll need a good camera, but with the way things are going these days, any smartphone or tablet may be equipped with a camera with sufficient quality. When taking your photograph, keep in mind to adhere to all of the guidelines we discussed previously. Choose the appropriate setting, snap a photo, and that’s it.
It is necessary to send any photographs you are pleased with to iVisa Photos for processing as soon as possible.
Following that, you will be presented with two alternatives to choose from:
- 1.Save the image to your computer so that you may print your own images. 2.If you provide us with your mailing address, we may send you your images. Do you have any questions or concerns about the process? Never hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer service department
- They will be happy to assist you.
You save both time and money since you can snap a biometric picture from the comfort of your own home.
What do our users write about us?
Taking a biometric picture from the comfort of your own home saves you both time and resources.
UAE Visa Photo – SizeRequirements
2Adopt a straight-ahead posture. brightness on both sides of the face that is even
Dubai Visa photo requirements
Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates and the administrative center of the Emirate of Dubai. In recent years, Dubai has risen to prominence as an international travel destination for individuals attracted to its opulent lifestyle, luxurious automobiles, sparkling skyscrapers, and general glamor. With its limitless sun, desert, and fascinating natural landscape, Dubai is a very enticing spot to visit for tourists. If you’re planning to visit Dubai as a tourist, you may be required to obtain a visa, as well as a photo for your visa.
Perhaps you’re also interested in venturing off the beaten route during your UAE vacation – after all, Dubai is only a small part of what the United Arab Emirates has to offer.
Dubai visa photo sizerequirements
When taking the proper image of your United Arab Emirates visa, you must make certain that everything is perfect, since even the tiniest error might result in your visa application being rejected entirely. When preparing to visit Dubai, a city that exudes luxury and perfection, this is especially important. When visiting a beautiful city, you don’t want to make a mistake by taking a terrible shot.
Dubai visa photo dimensions
If you are applying for a visa to the UAE, the dimensions of your visa photograph must be 35 mm x 45 mm (approx. 1.3 in. x 1.7 in.). Your UAE visa photo should be 300 pixels wide and 369 pixels height if you’re submitting an electronic copy of it through the internet.
Dubai visa photo guidelines
If you decide to begin the process of applying for a visa to the United Arab Emirates or Dubai, you must adhere to specified requirements for the UAE or Dubai visa picture. Remember, if something appears to be improper, do not attempt to repair it by erasing birthmarks, scars, tattoos, or even red-eye because doing so may result in your UAE visa application being refused.
With the Passport Photo Online website (or mobile app), you may get a professional photo service that will fix your visa photo to the proper proportions and edit the photo to ensure that it meets the UAE visa photo standards.
Let’s have a look at the specifications for your Dubai visa photo in terms of background:
- The backdrop must be white or off-white, with no patterns or designs on it. Color photographs are preferred
- Black and white photographs are not acceptable. Ensure that you are positioned in the middle of the photograph, and that your face occupies 70 percent to 80 percent of the image. It is necessary for your head, hair, ears, and shoulders to be seen in the photograph. Quality should be maintained throughout the photograph
- Ensure that there are no glares or shadows, and that the exposure is neither too high nor too low. Your true skin tone must be depicted in the photograph.
Any stains, creases, staples, or other damage to your Dubai visa photo must be avoided. It must be printed on high-quality photo paper and must not have any blemishes, creases, staples, or other damage.
- You must maintain a neutral expression on your face. It is necessary to keep your mouth shut. You must have your eyes open and readily visible at all times. In order for the camera to work properly, you must stare directly into the lens. Your head must be straight, not skewed, while you speak
What to wear
- To ensure that you stand out against the white background, it is advised that you wear a solid dark color other than black. Blues, purples, and green colors are all acceptable choices. If you must wear eyeglasses, you may do so, but they must not cover your eyes or eyebrows in any way. Check to see that the glasses are not reflected in any light. Sunglasses are not permitted on the premises. Although headgear for religious purposes is permitted, it must not conceal your face, since your forehead, chin, and other facial characteristics must be visible. If you must wear headgear, be sure that it does not obscure your face. It is not permitted to wear hats, headbands, or any other fashion items.
UAE visa photo requirements for babies and young children
Visa pictures are required for all visitors, including babies and newborns, so let’s go through the basics of taking them:
- The baby’s facial expression should be as neutral as possible, and he or she should be looking directly into the camera. This means that the infant must be alone in the shot – neither the father nor the guardian can hold her, and no hands can be shown in the visa photos. If the youngster is unable to stand on her own, the photograph should be taken from above while they are resting on the ground. Toys and dummies are not permitted in the photograph
Is it safe to go to Dubai?
In general, visiting Dubai is a risk-free endeavor. Because to the huge concentration of security cameras throughout the city and the whole emirate, Dubai has a comparatively low overall crime rate compared to other major cities. The most recent update was on February 10, 22.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are 44 nations that do not require a visa to enter the UAE, while there are 22 nationalities that require a visa to enter the country. Before you travel to the United Arab Emirates, find out if you are eligible for a visa. If you want to stay in the UAE for an extended period of time, the visa fees will change according to that length of time. Some of the most basic accommodations in the United Arab Emirates are as follows: Visas are available for purchase for $10 for 48 hours and $30 for 96 hours.
- The photo for the Dubai visa is 35 mm x 45 mm in size and has a white background (or alternatively 1.3 x 1.7 inches).
- After you have booked your Emirates travel, you may proceed to apply for your UAE visa online.
- The UAE government extends a 30-day grace extension to any visa holders whose UAE visas have expired within this time.
- Smiling is generally not recommended for most document images, and this is especially true for the UAE visa photo.
- You can wear a shirt with a high enough neckline, but you are not permitted to wear a tank top or a shirt with a broad v-neck opening.
- Wearing glasses is not recommended unless it is medically necessary, and if you do, be sure that they do not conceal your eyes and/or generate glares while you are driving.
- Remember to ensure that your face is plainly visible at all times.
- You may snap your visa photo using one of the various photo applications that are available on your smartphone.
- Dubai is regarded as a safe city, with just a small amount of street violence.
- As a result, becoming familiar with the cultural and religious differences in the region may help you avoid uncomfortable encounters.
- In the case of the 48-hour and 96-hour visas, they are valid for 30 days from the date of issue; in the case of all other visas, they are valid for 60 days from the date of issuance.
Many visitors from all over the globe come to Dubai, and obtaining a UAE visa is simple if you have all of the necessary papers and are qualified for one of the visa categories. The processing period for a visa in Dubai is generally 3 to 4 working days, depending on the country.
About the document
The government of the United Arab Emirates grants a variety of various sorts of visas and entrance permits to visitors. They can be classified into the following categories, depending on the reason for your visit:
- Business visas, tourist visas, transit visas, student visas, retirement visas, and visas for inhabitants of the Gulf Cooperation Council and their companions are all available.
UAE visa application requirements
In addition to your Dubai visa photo, you will require a number of other papers in order to complete your UAE visa application. The following are the rules for providing supporting documents to your application:
- A valid passport, as well as photocopies of the essential pages from the passport, are required. In some cases, photocopies of both your passport and the appropriate pages may be requested instead of your original passport, in which case you will not be required to produce your actual passport. An airline ticket for a round-trip flight or an airline ticket for further travel
- Proof of lodging, such as your place of abode, a hotel, or other such establishment
- Proof of legal residency – if you are not a citizen of the nation in which you are currently residing, you must present a valid visa or residence permit
- Previous trip documentation
If you have a host in the United Arab Emirates, you should do the following:
- Documentation demonstrating your relationship with the host
- Your host’s UAE Resident Visa and/or their Emirates ID should be brought with you. The original or certified copy of their employment contract or their wage certificate
Documentation demonstrating your relationship with the host; and Please provide a copy of your host’s UAE Resident Visa and/or their UAE ID. a verified copy of their employment contract or wage certificate; and
UAE visa fees
It is possible that you will require a separate visa depending on the length of your trip. Unless otherwise specified, all costs are indicated in UAE Dirhams (AED) and are non-refundable. The following are the many categories of UAE visas:
- Tourist Visa Single Entry costs AED 350 and is valid for 60 days of the 30 day duration of your trip
- Tourist Visa Multiple Entry costs AED 650 and allows you to enter the UAE multiple times within 30 days of the date of your first entry, with validity for 60 days
- Tourist Visa Multiple Entry costs AED 650 and is valid for 60 days of the 30 day duration of your trip
- Tourist Visa Single Entry costs AED 350 and is valid for 60 days of the 30 day duration of your trip
- Tourist Visa Multiple Entry costs AED It costs AED 400 for the service Visa Single Entry, which is valid for 14 days. Obtaining a Long Term Tourist Visa Single Entry costs AED 1000 and is valid for 60 days within a period of 90 days. The Long Term Visit Visa Multiple Entry costs AED 2500 and allows you to enter the UAE multiple times within 90 days of your first entry, with a validity of 60 days
- The Transit Visa Single Entry costs AED 50 and is valid for 14 days with a duration of 4 days
- And the Transit Visa Multiple Entry costs AED 2500 and allows you to enter the UAE multiple times within 90 days of your first entry, with a validity of 60 days. The 48-Hour Transit Visa SingleEntry is completely free and has a 14-day validity period.
It takes around three to four days to process a visa for the United Arab Emirates.
Was this information helpful?
Rating: 4.60 out of 5 stars with 67 votes
Popular documents in the world
Whether you want to relax on a Dubai beach or shop in Abu Dhabi, obtaining a visa to the United Arab Emirates for foreigners necessitates the submission of a number of different documents. For a visa to the United Arab Emirates, you must submit pictures, an application form, and other supporting documentation. Figure 1 shows the table of contents.
- Documents necessary for an application for a visa to the United Arab Emirates
- How to apply for a visa to the United Arab Emirates online
- Visa photo requirements in the United Arab Emirates
- Is it okay for me to wear spectacles in my UAE visa photo? UAE visa photo options include matte or glossy
- Photo tool for the UAE visa application
- What types of visas in the United Arab Emirates demand photographs
Regarding photographs, you must have a photograph that satisfies the set photo standards for a UAE visa before you may apply. High-quality images are critical to your success in obtaining a visa to the United Arab Emirates.
Documents required for UAE visa application
A visa application must be accompanied by the following bundle of supporting documentation:
- Passport (which must be valid for at least six months at the conclusion of the trip)
- A photocopy of the passport photo page (bio data page)
- An original local ID and a copy of that ID
- And a copy of the original local ID. Application form
- Round-trip airline ticket (if electronic, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant)
- A receipt for the visa price paid
- One photo that meets the UAE visa photo standards
- Copies of valid and used visas (if you have an old passport, you must attach copies of the initial page and copies of the pages that hold prior visas and stamps)
- And a copy of your passport. Validating documents demonstrating financial solvency
How to apply for a UAE visa online?
Choose one of the following routes if you want to apply for a visa to the United Arab Emirates on your own:
- The eChannels portal is a resource for information. Only individuals and businesses based in the United Arab Emirates can make a fresh visa application using this facility, which is available on the GDRFA – Dubai website. It is necessary to apply for a visit visa through a sponsor, who is a person or organization who will represent you before the authorities as and when necessary.
- GDRFA Dubai is available on Google Play and the App Store. ICA eChannels are available on Google Play and App Store
- Dubai Now is available on Google Play and App Store.
If you or your relatives/sponsors are not registered in the UAE, you can apply for a visa through one of the recognized visa centers that operate all over the world and provide their services at no cost. The following papers are necessary for the online application for a visa to the United Arab Emirates:
- Copy of the passport page with the applicant’s information and portrait (in acceptable quality, without lighting
- The file size must be greater than 900 2000 pixels)
- And Color photograph in the acceptable digital photo size for the UAE visa
- Round-trip ticket or booking (with confirmation e-mail or a copy of the confirmation)
- Documentation from one of the following sources: employment certification in English, a copy of a bank account or a Schengen, American, or British visa received within the previous five years
- On the website, there is an electronic questionnaire to fill out
Pay for the visa application services online, and you’re finished!
UAE visa photo requirements
When submitting papers the old-fashioned way, you must include a photograph that complies with the following UAE visa application photo requirements:
- The picture size for a UAE visa application is 43×55 mm (4.3×5.5 cm)
- 70% to 80% of the image should be taken up by the face. The photograph for a UAE visa must be in color
- Else, it will not be accepted. The backdrop of the photograph must be bright
- The photo must have been shot no more than six months ago
- Else, it is invalid.
Here’s an illustration: In the case of an online application, the following picture criteria for UAE visa online applications are required:
- The digital picture for the UAE visa should have a resolution of 300×369 pixels. It is recommended that the photograph be colored. The backdrop of the photograph should be light grey
- The image is in the jpeg format.
Can I wear glasses in my UAE visa photo?
Glasses are not permitted on the premises. Please keep in mind that if you are unable to remove your spectacles due to medical reasons, you must provide a medical certificate with your application.
UAE visa photo: matte or glossy
The photo for the UAE visa should be printed on high-quality photo paper. It is not indicated what kind of paper will be used.
UAE visa photo tool
What’s the best way to snap a picture for the purpose of applying for a visa to the United Arab Emirates? This job should be left to online tools since the photo size required for UAE visa applications is highly specific and differs from the size required for most passport photographs.
From anywhere in the globe, you may use Visafoto to snap a photo for a UAE visa application. Simply take a picture with your smartphone or camera against any backdrop, upload it here, and you’ll have an immediate professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
Use our UAE visa photo requirements tool to get the most up-to-date information. To complete your submission, attach a full-face photograph taken in natural light. In an instant, Visafoto will resize it and adjust the format to suit your needs, as well as replace the backdrop with a light grey and improve the overall quality of the image. The generated photograph will be completely compliant with all of the specified parameters. Using natural light, take a shot similar to this: You will have two different sorts of photographs.
What types of UAE visas require photos?
The material in the article corresponds to the photographs taken for the following visa types:
- Using the information in the article, you may create photographs for the following visa types:
- Obtain an image of your UAE visa for use in submitting it on the Emirates.com website. Obtain a photograph of your UAE visa for printing
- When booking your ticket, be sure to include the application for a UAE visa. Visitors visiting the United Arab Emirates now have access to a new visa authorization. The UAE government issues entry permits, special visas, and visas on arrival.
UAE Visa Photo Requirements – Photo Size and Guidelines
Travelers and visitors from all over the world flock to Dubai because it is a paradise on earth. After all, it is unusual to come across a location that offers the right blend of culture and grandeur. While Dubai has some incredible sights to view and exciting things to do, the other Emirates of the United Arab Emirates are also worth visiting. Whether you’re visiting Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, or Ras Al Khaimah, each of the seven emirates offers you the opportunity to enjoy a fantastic vacation.
To be sure, there are certain countries that do not require a visa and others that may be visited with a visa upon arrival.
To apply for a visa to the United Arab Emirates or Dubai, you must submit an application form together with certain required documents as well as the visa application cost.
Make certain that all of your paperwork, whether it’s your application form or the other documents, are free of errors.
Find out everything there is about the Dubai visa photo size requirements.
When applying for a visa to the United Arab Emirates or Dubai, the quality of your photo should be of the utmost significance. Everything, from the size of the Dubai visa photo to the sharpness of the photo, should be flawless. While uploading an erroneous or wrong image may seem inconsequential to you, some people have had their visa applications refused because they submitted an incorrect or unsuitable photograph. As a result, it is critical that you understand the UAE or Dubai visa photo size limits before submitting your application.
Photo Requirement Size for U.A.E (Dubai) Visa
|Country Name||United Arab Emirates|
|Document Name||U.A.E VISA For Tourist,Transit,Business Type|
|U.A.E (Dubai) Visa Photo Size||2 inch x 2 inch, i.e. 45 mm x 35 mm|
|U.A.E (Dubai) Visa photo size in Pixels||300 Pixel in Width and 369 Pixel in Height.|
|Colour Of Visa photo||Photo Must Be Colorful (White And Black Photo are Rejected)|
- The dimensions of a Dubai photograph in inches should be 2 inch by 2 inch, or 45 mm by 35 mm. When it comes to the dimensions of a Dubai photograph in pixels, the width and height should be 300 pixels and 369 pixels respectively. The photo should be in full color if possible. A photograph in black and white would be rejected
- Check to see that the photo has a consistent tone quality and a clear picture
- It is not recommended to alter or improve the photo in any way
- Instead, use the original.
The size of your visa photo in the United Arab Emirates is important.
2. Background and Position
- The backdrop must be white, and your clothing must be a deeper color than the background. When taking your visa photos, avoid wearing white shorts or shirts. Avoid using dark, patterned, or cluttered backdrops
- Instead, use light, plain backgrounds. Neither the face nor the backdrop should have any shadows on them. Your face should be immediately in front of the camera. If it is slanted or rotated even little, it is dangerous. There should be no blurring of the margins of the face
- When taking a photograph, the head should be centered in the frame, and the face should encompass 60-70 percent of the frame. In the image, the face should be plainly visible from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin
- Hair, face, ears, neck, and shoulder should be visible from all angles, as should your whole body. Check to see that your eyes are open and plainly visible before continuing. When taking the photograph, it is preferable not to wear glasses if at all possible. If you want to wear glasses, you must be certain that the lenses are neither colored or dark in color. In addition, there should be no glare on the glasses themselves. The frames should not be so large that they conceal the eyes. Face should be expressive in a natural manner.
3. Colour and Contrast
- Improper color balance should be avoided at all costs, since it may result in the visa application being rejected. The person’s natural skin tone should be depicted in the photograph. It should not be too dark or too light
- It should be just right. In order to view your face and the backdrop clearly, color and brightness settings should be adjusted appropriately. It is important that distinctive face characteristics are not concealed by poor color and contrast
- An unbalanced color spectrum caused by fluorescent or other types of illumination can project a color or shadow on the photograph and should be avoided at all costs. If you have a beard as part of your usual appearance, you are not required to remove it before taking your passport or visa photo.
4. Resolution and Printing
- When it comes to photographing and printing for a Dubai visa, high-resolution photography and printing are required. You have the option of using conventional or digital photography and printing techniques. To ensure clarity and precise focus in your photograph, follow these steps: The photo print should have a high level of detail and quality. While printing images, it is advisable to do it at a professional studio because it is impossible to acquire a high-quality print when printing at home (unless you have the necessary equipment).
5. Head Gear and Head Covering
- Unless you are using hearing protection or a mask for religious or medical reasons, you should not be wearing any. Don’t wear anything distracting when shooting the picture, for example. The entire photograph (from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin) should be plainly visible
- And Sikh men and women, as well as Muslim women and Muslim Maulans, are permitted to wear head coverings. In the case of Muslim women, just the head should be covered
- The face should not be covered. It is not acceptable to submit photos in which only the eye is visible. If you are wearing a head gear or head covering for a medical reason, you must provide acceptable medical documentation with your visa application
- Otherwise, you will be denied entry.
6. Children’s Photographs
When it comes to children’s visa photos in the United Arab Emirates or Dubai, some discretion can be extended. Listed below are some considerations to keep in mind.
- When it comes to infants (including newborn babies), the youngster should be by himself. There should be no visible toys, people, or chair backs
- The youngster should be looking directly at the camera with a neutral expression on his or her face. It is important that the baby’s lips remains closed
- The ear, chin, and forehead should all be clearly visible. The baby’s eyes should be open at all times. There should be no eyeliner markings on the face at any point
- And When it comes to youngsters under the age of ten, several restrictions governing things such as the posture of the face, expression, eyes, and line of sight can be relaxed a little.
7. Things to Remember
While the things listed above are incredibly essential, they might be difficult to comprehend or comprehend fully.
In order to make things simpler for you, we’ve compiled a list of the most important elements you should keep in mind when it comes to the size of your Dubai visa photo.
- You should be photographed with your face in the front. It is essential that everything, from your hair and forehead to your chin, be visible. The subject’s face should be at the center of the photograph. Both ears should be seen in full detail. Laughing, giggling, frowning, or raising your eyebrows are not permitted. In a nutshell, maintain a neutral expression. The photo should be in color rather than black and white
- It is not acceptable to submit a computer print photo. Your eyes should not be obscured by your hair at any time. In the event that you use spectacles, be certain that they do not cover your eyes. Do not sign your name on the photograph. In no way, shape, or form, should you alter the image. Photos that have been damaged (marked, crumpled, or ripped) will not be accepted.
When submitting your visa application, it is critical that you adhere to the most recent Dubai visa photo size standards as closely as possible. The correctness of your visa photo would determine whether or not you would be granted a visa to travel to Dubai in the first place. In order to see this wonderful metropolis, you must adhere to the criteria and submit the appropriate photos, which will aid in the opening of the doors to this Arab kingdom. Image courtesy of:
Guide to Your UAE (Dubai) Visa Application Process
South African passport holders who wish to go to the United Arab Emirates will require a visa. Fortunately, this tutorial walks you through the entire procedure. The quickest and most convenient way to obtain a visa for the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) is to apply online through Emirates or Etihad. For those who are travelling with another airline, they must apply in person at the Dubai Visa Processing Centres (DVPC), commonly known as VFS Global, in South Africa before they may be issued a visa online.
- Please keep in mind that this procedure only applies to South African passport holders.
- It permits you to stay in the UAE for a maximum of four days.
- For ordinary tourist reasons, a 30-day Short-Term Visa is available.
- Validity is for 30 days from the date of arrival.
How to Apply
A visa for the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) can be obtained as early as three months before your planned trip. In the case of the 96-hour visa, we recommend that you apply around 2 weeks before your trip. When flying with Emirates/Etihad:
- Fill out an application on the airline’s website. For Emirates, use the “Manage your booking” tool (you will need your flight ticket and booking reference for this)
- For British Airways, use the “Manage your booking” tool (you will need your flight ticket and booking reference for this)
- And for United Airlines, use the “Manage your booking” tool (you will need your flight ticket and booking reference for this). Fill out the online application form. Ensure that all of your essential documentation is scanned and uploaded. Pay the visa application cost
- Receive your visa totally online, through email (no need to send your passport to a courier)
The following services are available at the Dubai Visa Processing Center:
- Make an appointment with the DVPC in your neighborhood. • Make a cash deposit at a bank or pay the application fee electronically (through EFT). Take your needed submission documentation (as well as proof of payment) with you. Fill out the application form completely. Keep track of the progress of your application
- You will receive an SMS and an email if your application is successful, alerting you when your visa and passport are ready for pickup.
UAE Visa Requirements
Application Form that has been completed a photocopy of your return flight confirmation Two pictures in full color with white backgrounds (4.3 x 5.5 cm) A color copy of the first two pages of your passport is required (must be valid for 6 months after you leave the UAE) A note from your bank saying that you will have sufficient finances accessible while in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). a letter from your company attesting to your employment and the job you now occupy Confirmation of a hotel reservation Itinerary for travel
Address:5th Floor, Strand Building, 47 Strand Street, Cape TownTelephone:021 423 6573Email:[email protected] Directions:Dubai International Airport, Cape Town Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; 13:30 a.m. – 15:00 p.m. The following addresses are in Sandton City: Office Tower, 2nd floor, SandtonTelephone:011 783 0410 / 011 783 1941 Email:[email protected] Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; 13:30 a.m. – 15:00 p.m. Unit 6, Crystal Rock, 16 Solstice Road, Umhlanga Ridge New Town, Umhlanga Ridge, Umhlanga Ridge, South Africa 031 584 7153Email:[email protected] Telephone:031 584 7153 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.
– 15:00 p.m.
With this guide to the visa application procedure for the United Arab Emirates (Dubai), you’ll be on your way in no time.
Obtain a free assessment and quotation from our knowledgeable experts at Visa Box!
This dynamic information is provided by Travelstart, which is not linked with immigration officials or their application centers, and Travelstart will not be held accountable for any damage or difficulty resulting from its usage.
Why book with us
- Bringing you the most competitive rates available from all airlines
- From the time of booking till the time of departure, professional help is provided. Travel planning websites to help you plan your journey
Already Booked your Flight?
Take a look at our hotel listings:
- There are thousands of selections available across the world
- The best pricing
- And excellent service.
Do you require assistance with your reservation? For assistance with planning your trip and making reservations, speak with one of our Travelstart Live consultants.
Schengen Visa Photograph Requirements & Specifications
When applying for a visa to go to Europe, images are one of the most important prerequisites for the successful completion of your application. No matter what sort of visa you are applying for, you will always be asked to submit two photographs along with your other supporting documentation. Specifications for Photographic Image Size
Schengen Visa Photo Requirements
When applying for a short-term Schengen visa, the following photographic requirements must be met:
- There are two photographs that are exactly the same. Is not more than six months old
- Color photograph with a 35x45mm image size. There will be no black and white
- The head should account for 70-80% of the photograph. The backdrop is a vibrant hue. The color light grey is recommended. There are no patterns
- The candidate should be staring directly into the camera at all times. Face with a neutral expression. There is no grin, and the mouth is closed. Avoid wearing uniforms or wearing colors that match the background.
States in the Schengen area have gone one step further and outlined in full all of the photographic criteria for a visa to enter Europe. Following this post, you will discover a thorough explanation of all of the Schengen visa photograph standards and specifications, presented in an easy-to-understand fashion.
Photo Illustration and their Explanation
The smallest size that is permissible The maximum size that can be accommodated Illustration: Explanation: The size of the Schengen visa photograph is fixed and cannot be changed. Both photographs should have a 35mm width and a 45mm height to be considered acceptable. Acceptable format entails clearly displaying the applicant’s facial features from the tip of the chin to the top of the head, counting both the left and right sides of the face, while the face is positioned in the middle of the photograph, as shown in the example above.
It is also important to display the applicant’s whole head, including hairdo, in the photo.
Focus and Contrast
Illustration: Explanation: The face of the applicant is clearly visible and finely focused in the photo, and there is a considerable contrast between it and the background. Make sure your shot is not too blurry, excessively bright, or has poor contrast.
Illustration: Explanation: The approved brightness in a photograph is when the light is evenly distributed across the entire face. It is critical to prevent reflections, shadows, and red eyes to the greatest extent possible.
Illustration: Explanation:Avoid using a picture background that is too bright, too patterned, or too shadowy; instead, choose a single color, ideally neutral grey, that is bright and provides the necessary contrast between the face and the hair.
Quality of the Photo
Illustration: Please be informed that the only type of submission permitted is a photo printed on high-quality paper with a printing resolution of at least 600 dpi, as the only acceptable format. The skin tone of the applicant must be natural, and the overall tone of the photo must be neutral, with no wrinkles or layers present.
Facial Expression and Head Poisiton
Illustration: Please be advised that the only type of submission permitted is a photograph printed on high-quality paper with a printing resolution of at least 600 dpi.
Although the applicant’s skin tone should be natural, his or her overall photograph should be neutral, with no wrinkles or layers.
Eyes and Line of Sight
For example, when posing for a photograph, failing to focus your eyes on the camera, closing your eyes, or putting your hair across eyes is intolerable, as the accepted way of posing is by entirely looking straight into the camera, with fully open eyes and not covered by hair or else. Illustration:Explanation
Illustration: Reason: When posing, do not wear sunglasses, dark optical glasses, or optical glasses with frames that obscure your eyes. Also, do not expose yourself to flash reflection. The only photo with optical glasses that will be acceptable is one in which the applicant’s eyes are completely visible and not obscured by the frame of the glasses.
Illustration: Avoid standing in front of the camera while wearing any type of cap or headgear that obscures the camera’s view of your face, since none of these are permitted. One exception is religious headgear, and even in that case, the face must be plainly visible from the lower point of the chin to the top of the forehead.
Are the same photo requirements for all Schengen countries?
Yes, the requirements and specifications for visa photographs are the same for every member of the Schengen Area, including Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland, as well as the United Kingdom. Source and Photo Credits:msz.gov.pl
Your visa application would be incomplete without a photograph. To find out more, read the instructions provided below on how to submit an acceptable photograph. Visa applicants for some visa categories must provide digital pictures, whilst visa applicants for other visa categories must submit photographs. The acceptability of your digital picture or photo is entirely at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you submit your application form. We recommend that you hire a professional visa picture agency to verify that your photo satisfies all of the necessary specifications.
- Printed in color
- Sized such that the head measures between 22 mm and 35 mm (or 50 percent and 69 percent of the overall picture height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head), or between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm). More information on the size requirements may be found in thePhoto Composition Template. This photograph was taken within the previous 6 months to reflect your current physical look
- Photographed on a basic white or off-white backdrop
- Photographed in full-face view, with the subject immediately facing the camera
- With a neutral expression on her face and her eyes open, she says In attire that you would ordinarily wear on a regular basis, this photograph was taken. Uniforms, with the exception of religious apparel that is worn on a regular basis, should not be worn in your photo. Wearing a cap or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline is not recommended, unless it is worn on a daily basis for religious reasons. There must be full visibility of your face, and the head covering must not throw any shadows on your face. No headphones, wireless handheld gadgets, or other similar objects are permitted in your photograph. Spectacles are no longer permitted in new visa pictures, with the exception of rare cases in which eyeglasses are unable to be removed for medical reasons, such as when the applicant has just undergone ocular surgery and the eyeglasses are required to safeguard the applicant’s vision. In certain instances, a medical declaration signed by a medical professional or health practitioner must be presented to the court. If the eyeglasses are allowed for medical grounds, the following will happen:
- The frames of the eyeglasses must not be large enough to hide the eyes. There must not be any glare on eyeglasses that causes the eye(s) to become obscured
- No shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses should be cast, since this might cause the eyes to get obscured.
- If you typically wear a hearing device or similar goods, it is possible that they will be seen in your photograph.
Browse through our collection of Photo Examples to find examples of acceptable and undesirable photographs. Photos taken from driver’s licenses or other official papers that have been duplicated or digitally scanned are not accepted. Snapshots, magazine images, low-quality vending machine or mobile phone photos, and full-length photographs are also not suitable substitutes for professional photography. Please have a look at the supplementary picture criteria for the following:
- Visas for nonimmigrants
- Visas for immigrants
- The Diversity Visa (DV) Program
Information Supplementary to the above
- Tips for taking your own photographs
- Alteration in Appearance
- A list of frequently asked questions
Applicants who submit Form DS-160 or Form DS-1648 will be considered. While filling out the online DS-160 or DS-1648 visa application form, the form will prompt you to upload a digital photograph of yourself as part of the overall process of submitting your nonimmigrant visa application. Take a look at theDigital Image Criteria, which include extra requirements if you are scanning an existing photo in.
Some embassies and consulates ask visa applicants to bring one (1) photo to the interview with them that fits the requirements for the visa they are applying for. For further information, consult the guidelines provided by the embassy or consulate where you want to apply.
Additional Requirements for Immigrant Visas
Form DS-260 is used by applicants who want to submit a formal request. At your immigrant visa interview, you must bring two (2) identical images with you if you are applying for an immigrant visa using Form DS-260. If you are not, you will be denied your visa. Your photographs must contain the following elements:
- It is 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size and is printed on high-quality picture paper.
Additional Requirements for the Diversity Visa (DV) Program
Participants in the Diversity Visa Program If you are submitting your application for the Diversity Visa (DV) Program online, you must include a digital photograph of yourself with your submission. The following must be included in your digital image:
- In the JPEG (.jpg) file format
- With a file size of equal to or less than 240 kB (kilobytes)
- With a square aspect ratio (height must match width)
- With a dimension of 600×600 pixels
Do you wish to scan a photo that you already have? In addition to the digital picture requirements, your previous photograph must meet the following specifications:
- A scan at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (12 pixels per millimeter) was performed on this image measuring 2 × 2 inches (51 x 51 millimeters).
Diversity Visa Program Selectees
Each DV candidate will be required to present two (2) similar images to the interview in order to be considered. Your photographs must contain the following elements:
- It is 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size and is printed on high-quality picture paper.
Do you want to take the photo yourself?
If you want to be sure your photo satisfies all of the standards, we recommend you utilize a professional visa photo service. However, you are free to take the photo on your own. No digital enhancement or alteration of photographs is permitted to alter your look in any manner. Please check the technical requirements and references listed below for information on how to take your own photograph.
- Photo Composition Template
- Digital Image Requirements
- Photo Composition Template
- Choose a digital image stored on your computer
- Resize and rotate it if required
- Trim it to a square image with dimensions of exactly 600 × 600 pixels
- And save it to your computer for printing (see Resources).
Please keep in mind that this tool is solely meant for photo cropping. A representative from the Department of State will make the final determination as to whether your visa photo is suitable for your application or not.
Taking photos of your baby or toddler
When taking a photo of your infant or toddler, make sure that no other people are in the picture, and that your kid is looking directly at the camera with his or her eyes open as well.
|Tip 1:||Lay your baby on his or her back on a plain white or off-white sheet. This will ensure your baby’s head is supported and provide a plain background for the photo. Make certain there are no shadows on your baby’s face, especially if you take a picture from above with the baby lying down.|
|Tip 2:||Cover a car seat with a plain white or off-white sheet and take a picture of your child in the car seat. This will also ensure your baby’s head is supported|
Change of Appearance
If your photo(s) or digital image does not accurately depict your present look, even if it is not more than six months old, the U.S. embassy or consulate will require that you submit a fresh photo with your application to be considered. If any of the following conditions are met, applicants will be asked to submit a new photograph:
- Have had substantial face surgery or trauma
- Have added or removed numerous/large facial piercings or tattoos
- Or have had severe facial surgery or trauma. You have experienced a substantial quantity of weight reduction or increase. Made the decision to transition from one gender to another
In most cases, if the photo you submitted with your visa application can still be used to identify you, you will not be required to submit a new photo. Growing a beard or dyeing your hair, for example, would not be deemed to constitute a major change in look in most cases. Because of the normal aging process, your child under the age of 16 may not be required to submit a fresh photo if his or her look has altered significantly since the last one. The admission of your photo or digital image, on the other hand, is entirely up to the decision of the United States embassy or consulate where you apply.
UAE visa information
Applicants for visas and sponsorships should submit their applications to the Abu Dhabi Emirates Ticketing Office, located at Al Sawari Tower C, Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Visa services are available from Sunday through Wednesday (8.30am to 5pm) Thursday is a working day (8.30am to 4.30pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days. The Emirates Ticketing Office in Ajman Sheikh Rashid Bin Humaid Street is home to the Escape Tower. Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 8pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
- Service for visas is available from Saturday through Wednesday (8.30am to 6pm) and on Thursday (from 8am to 6pm) (8.30am to 5.30pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
- Visa services are available from Sunday through Thursday (7am to 2pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days.
- : +61 4 504 7300 [email protected] is the e-mail address to use.
- to 2.30 p.m.), Friday (7 a.m.
- to 12 noon) (9am to 4pm) Sundays and public holidays are off limits.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (10am to 5pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
- Visa services are available on a daily basis (10am to 6pm) VFS Global Services is an acronym that stands for VFS Global Services.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 7pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Emirates Ticketing Office in Umm Al Quwain is located on King Faisal Road in the Jameiya neighborhood, close to FEWA. Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 6pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Need a UAE visa?
You can find all of the information you need regarding applying for a tourist visa right here (short, long, single entry or multiple entry). Requirements that must be met
- Application form that has been completed
- 6x6cm color image with a white backdrop (at least 80% of your face should be visible)
- 6x6cm color photograph with a minimum resolution of 600×600 pixels
- Copy of your passport in color displaying your complete name, nationality, date and place of birth, passport number, date of issuance and expiration, name of your father or legal guardian, and the name of your mother
- And At the time of travel, you must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining on its validity date. Flight confirmation for travel into Abu Dhabi International Airport and continuing from Abu Dhabi to a third destination
Children As an additional requirement to the essential prerequisites given above, you must additionally send a copy of your child’s birth certificate, which must be in English or Arabic. Documents that have been translated should have an attestation on the main page. The term “dependents” refers to a spouse, children under the age of 18 who are living with them, and parents over the age of 60. You must produce supporting documentation that establishes the legal status of the connection, such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate, among other things.
- A photo ID from either the parents or the spouse is necessary. Copies of the parents’ tourist visas that have been sponsored by Etihad Airways
- Etihad Airways maintains the right to sponsor just one parent. Unaccompanied minors and students are not eligible for sponsorship by Etihad Airways. Females under the age of 18 and students are required to travel with their guardians or parents. There will be no acceptance of handwritten passports
- Only machine-readable passports will be allowed.
Obtaining approval for your visa application It is necessary to send documents exclusively in JPEG format, with a file size limit of 1 MB. Additional documentation Depending on your nationality, you may be required to provide additional documentation in support of their visa application to the Embassy. Applicants who fail to produce these papers may have their visa applications refused. Under no circumstances will the visa money be refunded to the applicant.