How to get a driving license in Dubai?
- General requirements for obtaining a driving license? As a resident in Dubai an applicant can apply for a driving license, provided he/she meets the following requirements: Should be Seventeen years and six months age or above.
How can I check if my driver’s license is valid?
In order to check LTO license verification SMS instead of LTO driver’s license verification thru text, you need to do is to text: “ LTO LICENSE [Driver’s license number] and send it to 2600”. For example: Text LTO LICENSE N08888888 and send to 2600.
How can I check my driving Licence online?
Follow the steps mentioned below to check the application status of driving licence online:
- Step 1: Visit parivahan.gov.
- Step 2: On the main page, click on the “Online Services” tab.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, click on the “Driving Licence Related Services” tab.
How do I download my interim driving Licence?
Steps to apply for an Interim Driving License
- Visit Ntsa.ecitizen.go.ke portal.
- Click “Sign in” to log into your account.
- Click on “Get services now” under National Transport and Safety Authority.
- Click on “Driving Licenses”
- Click on ” Learn more” next to Interim driving licence.
What is TC number in UAE?
In Dubai, a traffic code, or TC number, is required to access the system, which provides the most accurate results, for all vehicles registered to each person.
How can I check a company license in Dubai?
If you are dealing with a local UAE company, you can check on the DED website of the relevant emirates.
- For Dubai companies, you can check online on this link: CLICK HERE and click on “ Search License Information”
- For Sharjah you can visit: SEDD.AE on “Search for License”
- For Abu Dhabi you can visit: ADBC.GOV.AE.
How can I check my license by SMS?
How to Check the print status of your smart card license?
- Compose an SMS on your phone with the text LC<space>[application id]
- Send the SMS to 33003 or 33001.
- After a while, you will receive an SMS with the print status of your smart card license.
How can I check my license for violations?
Go to the website of your state’s motor vehicle agency and look for a link to the ‘driver’s license check’ or ‘driver’s license status’ page. Enter the information requested, which includes your name and driver’s license number. Then you can gain access to your driving record and view any points on your license.
How do I get my 10-year driver’s license?
How to get a drivers license with 10-year validity:
- Get a medical certificate.
- Register and take the CDE exam on the LTMS Portal.
- Bring the result to window 1 of any LTO Office within NCR.
- Pay the renewal fee at window 7.
- Proceed to windows 2 and 3 for biometrics.
What is a licence check code?
The DVLA check code is the online counterpart of the photo card driving licence. The code is used to access the DVLA database to check driving licence information, and it allows you to share your licence information with employers or car hire companies.
How do I check if my interim is ready?
You can check if your driving license is ready for collection by using your interim driving license number via the KRA RTD – Driving license Checker. To do this; Go to the KRA website. Select, online services button and click on it.
How do I get an interim driving Licence on my Tims account?
Currently, there is No option of applying for Interim Driving License via NTSA TIMS portal. New drivers who have passed their NTSA driving test and it has been approved are required to apply for Smart Driving License.
How do I renew my digital driving Licence?
Renewing Your Driving License Online In Kenya- A Step by Step Guide
- Log onto your e-citizen account, and if you don’t have one, register then log-in.
- Click on the “Get service” button on the “National Transport and Safety Authority” tab.
- Select “Make Application”
- Click on “Driving Licenses”
There was a snag here. Your request will be reviewed and processed as soon as possible. Join our mailing list to receive new release updates as well as enhanced recommended recommendations. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, as well as the Vice President of the country, as well as the Ruler of the city-state of Dubai. He was born in Dubai in 1949 and educated there before traveling to England to attend the Bell Cambridge English School and the Mons Officer Cadet School.
He is the third son of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum.
He is the driving force behind Dubai’s amazing development into a major worldwide city, following in the footsteps of his father Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum.
Al-Attiyah oversaw the world’s biggest man-made port, the Jebel Ali Free Zone, and founded Dubai Ports World, which is now one of the world’s leading maritime terminal operators.
- He also oversaw the strategic growth of Dubai International Airport, which became one of the world’s busiest airports during this time period.
- Today, Dubai serves as a significant international commerce hub and is home to more than 2 million people who come from more than 190 different countries and ethnic backgrounds.
- A well-known philanthropist, whose numerous charity endeavors are united together under the Mohammed bin Rashid Global Initiatives umbrella organization (MBRGI) (MBRGI).
- Godolphin is a prominent player in the world of horse racing, having created both the world-famous Godolphin stable and the Dubai World Cup, which is hosted at the Meydan Racecourse every year.
What will I learn in this course?
Heavy truck driving encompasses a variety of skills and knowledge. You will learn how to start a truck and position it properly.
You will also learn how to operate the gears and understand their functions. You will also learn how to use the clutch and brake. You will learn how to anticipate and react to other road users. You will learn about legal restrictions and obligations as well as road markings and signals.
How do I enroll in the course?
- You will learn about a variety of aspects of heavy truck driving, including how to start, balance, and position the heavy vehicle, understand the functions of the gears and their purposes, how to use the clutch, brake, accelerator, trafficator, and dashboard, road markings and signals, changing lanes, vehicle control, anticipation and reaction, courtesy to other road users, and legal restrictions and responsibilities.
What will my training consist of?
Your heavy truck driving training will consist of the following phases, which must be completed in order: Step 1: Lectures on theoretical concepts Step 2: Theoretical examination Step three: hands-on experience Step 4: Conduct a parking evaluation Step 5: Preliminary Driver Evaluation Step 6: Conduct a road test What if I already hold a driver’s license and want to renew it? In order to obtain a UAE heavy truck driving license if you possess a valid driving license from one of the GCC nations (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Qatar) and intend to take the RTA road test, you must either complete optional practical training or appear for the RTA road test.
- Original Emirates ID or a soft copy of the most recent Emirates ID obtained using the ICA app. A valid visa granted in Dubai, as well as a photocopy of the visa page, are required. It is necessary to perform the eye exam prior to the RTA file opening at one of EDI’s main facilities (Al Qusais or Al Quoz) or at one of the RTA’s authorized optical centers in Dubai. Original driving license from another nation issued within the same vehicle category (if any):
- A physical Emirates ID or a soft copy of the most recent Emirates ID obtained using the ICA app
- The following documents are required: a valid visa granted in Dubai, as well as a copy of the visa page EDI’s major facilities (Al Qusais or Al Qusaz) or RTA-authorized optical centers in Dubai are the only locations where the eye exam may be done prior to the RTA file opening. Original driving license from another nation issued within the same vehicle category (if any):
- The customer has a ‘Driver’ visa, which allows him to travel. a consumer who is over the age of 65 years old
- Drivers who are sponsored by their own personal funds rather than through a corporation
- If the visa’s classification is ‘Driver,’ a commercial licensing permit is necessary
- Otherwise, no permission is required.
Hospitals and clinics that have been permitted to provide medical tests for Commercial Permits are listed below:
|DHA-Medical Fitness Centre||04-5023952|
DOCUMENTS ADDITIONALLY REQUIRED FOR:Customers who have a Partner Visa Transmitting files from other institutes inside Dubai or to other emirates is possible.
- The original RTA paperwork from the prior driving institution or driving schools is required. Letter of release signed and stamped by an authorized signatory from the prior driving institute or driving schools
- Clearance letter from the previous driving institute or driving schools
- Attendance at theoretical lectures must be documented. An RTA learning permit that is valid or ineligible (this is not applicable in other emirates)
- If practical training has been completed, a training sheet will be sent.
Driver visa holders (with the exception of those employed by a taxi company):
- Report on one’s medical fitness obtained from one of the RTA-approved medical facilities or hospitals
THE PROCESS OF OPENING A FILE FOR ANOTHER-EMIRATES Applicants are needed to provide certain papers.
- Those who are currently staying in Dubai on a personal or family sponsored visa include:
- Currently residing in Dubai on a personal or family-sponsored visa are:
- Situation 1: A branch of the company is located in Dubai. Currently resident in Dubai are the following:
- The applicant’s valid passport copy and visa copy are required. Original and valid Emirates ID
- A copy of the company’s trade license for the Dubai branch
- And a copy of the company’s original and valid Emirates ID. The name of the firm must be the same as the name on the trade license. The applicant’s NOC must explicitly state that he or she is employed by the company’s Dubai branch. After permission, an eye exam will be performed.
- The second scenario is that the company does not have a branch in Dubai. in Dubai at the time of application (for example, applicants on investor or partner visas from other emirates who do not have a branch in Dubai at the time of application).
- A company that does not have a branch in Dubai (second scenario) in Dubai at the time of application (for example, applicants on investor or partner visas from other emirates who do not have a branch in Dubai at the time of application)
20 hours (Beginner)
|Training Courses||Normal packageLimited trainingtests*||Fixed packageUnlimited trainingtests**||Fixed package with card payment***Unlimited trainingtests (Group A)|
|Partial payment fees||Full payment fee||Partial payment fee||Full payment fee||Partial payment fee||Full payment fee|
|Regular Training||AED 4955||AED 4635||AED 10,890||AED 9801||Not Applicable|
|RTA fees of AED 1450 included in the prices above|
|Weekend Training(Saturday)||AED 5375||AED 4995||AED 12,717||AED 11,117||AED9979||AED8981|
|RTA fees of AED 1450 included in the prices above|
|Package information||*Normal package includes:|
- Lectures on theory
- A discount of four hours of free training
- Offer in celebration of the company’s 30th anniversary
- One theory exam, one parking test, and one basic driving assessment test are required. test on the road
|**Fixed package includes:|
- Theoretical lessons
- Unlimited trainingtests till you pass Registration costs, RTA fees, and eye exam prices are all discounted by 10% in celebration of the 30th anniversary.
|***Only forselected banks. Available atEDI main centersbranches only.**Fixed package includes:|
- Theoretical courses
- Unlimited trainingtests till passing Costs for the RTA and the Eye Exam
- 30th anniversary offer
- 10 percent registration discount
- RTA fees
- Fees for the Eye Exam
The complete fee structure may be found by clickinghere. Pay your course costs in convenient installments with Emirates NBD, Mashreq Bank, and other financial institutions! You can register at any of the EDI branches that are spread around Dubai. Clickhereto find the EDI branch that is closest to you. The following training plan is available at our Al Qusais and Al Quoz locations for students to select from:
- Dedicated training (daily training from 8:30 AM to 5 PM)
- Regular training
- Training sessions of one hour each day, three days a week (1-hour training in 1 day) Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday OR Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- 2 hours of instruction for 3 days a week is available (2 hours training in 1 day) Training is available Monday-Wednesday-FridayORSunday- Tuesday-Thursday
- 1-hour training sessions are available on each of the other five days of the week (1-hour training in 1 day) From Sunday through Friday, we are available.
- Training on Saturdays (just on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- On Saturdays exclusively, from 7 AM to 4 PM, there is training
- Always remember to have your Emirates ID as well as your RTA learning permission with you when you are attending practical training, lectures, and assessments. If possible, please arrive 10 minutes before to your practical training and assessments. If you fail to report to your class within 10 minutes of the start time, you will be designated as “absent,” and compensatory training will be applied by charging you for the missed class. If you need to temporarily halt your training, please notify us at least 48 hours before your planned training in order to prevent being charged an absentee fee. Please contact us by phone at 04 2631100 or by email at If you need to discontinue attending lessons due to health reasons, please notify us at least 48 hours before your planned training to avoid being charged an absentee fee. It is required to produce a medical certificate that has been certified by the DHA as proof of absence. Please notify us by phone at 04 2631100 or by email at
- If your instructor is unable to attend, we will arrange for a substitute instructor to take his or her place. If we are unable to offer another teacher, your training will be prolonged in accordance with this policy.
All students who enroll in Heavy Truck driver training must attend nine theoretical lectures, which are held on Mondays and Fridays, in order to graduate. Attendance at lectures in English, Urdu, and Arabic can be done online (through e-lectures), or in the major centers in Al Qusais and Al Quoz can be done in person. NOTE: In order to attend the lectures, students must carry their Emirates ID as well as their RTA Learning Permit. The following are the lecture topics:1. Attitude and Responsibilities (2) Traffic signs (3) Risk management (4) Driver condition (5) Driving environment (6) Rules of the road (7) Hazards and Emergencies (8) 8.Your Mode of Transportation Truck with articulation (number 9) Attendance Regulations
- The theoretical lectures are held on Mondays and Fridays and are required of all students enrolled in Heavy Truck driver training courses. It is possible to attend lectures in English, Urdu, or Arabic through the internet (via e-lectures), as well as on-site at the main centers in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Al Qusais. NOTE: In order to participate in the lectures, students must bring their Emirates ID as well as their RTA Learning Permit. Attitude and responsibility are among the topics covered in the lecture. (2) Traffic signs (3) Risk management (4) Driver condition (5) Driving environment (6) Rules of the road (7) Hazards and Emergencies (if applicable) The Vehicle You Drive Truck with articulation Attendance Procedures
|Lecture 1||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 2||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 3||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 4||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 5||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 6||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 7||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 8||English, ArabicUrdu|
|Lecture 9 (Articulated Truck)||English, ArabicUrdu|
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights and Responsibilities – click here to download
The Remote Interpretation System of the RTA (RIS) The program provides remote immediate interpretation of driving theory examinations, which are administered by the RTA, to applicants for driver licenses in a variety of languages. The move is part of RTA’s efforts to deepen the Smart City project and achieve its third strategic goal – the Happiness of People – through the Smart City initiative. What is the procedure for obtaining RIS service? RTA standards provide that students must submit an application for the appointment of an interpreter in the desired language at the time of opening the RTA file, as well as any related costs, in order to be considered.
Fees In addition to the AED 310, there will be an extra cost of AED 400.
Remember to get your RTA learner’s permit prior to your first theory and driving session and to keep it with you at all times during the course of your instruction.
Please remember to bring the proper lenses or spectacles to your first and all subsequent driving lessons and exams.
You must not miss any courses without notifying the appropriate reception staff at least 48 hours before the scheduled class time, or you will be charged for the missed lessons. It is critical to make timely payments for training and testing in order to prevent unwanted issues and delays.
|Tests||Examined by||Ways to apply||Note:|
|Test 1: RTA Knowledge Test||RTA|
- 04 2631100 EDI call center or EDI main centers (test dept.) are two options.
- From Saturday through Thursday, the exam can be scheduled between the hours of 8 am and 4:15 pm. The test may only be taken at the main centers (Al Qusais or Al Qouz)
- No other locations are available. The test center will be determined by the location that was selected during the registration process.
|Test 2: RTA Inside Test||RTA||EDI Al Qusais center(Test Dept)|
- The test can be scheduled in accordance with your training schedule and instructor’s approval
- In order to schedule the exam, please go to the Test Department in Al Qusais Center. Please come 30 minutes before the scheduled test time with all required documentation.
|Test 3: Intial Driver Assessment Test||EDI||EDI call centermain centers|
- The exam can be taken in the main facility in Al Qusais or Al Quoz
- Please come at the training center at least 30 minutes before the scheduled test time.
|Test 4:Articulated Truck Test||EDI||EDI Al Qusais center (Scheduling Dept.)|
- The exam can be taken at either the main facility in Al Qusais or Al Quoz
- Please come at the training center at least 30 minutes before the scheduled test time.
|Test 5: RTA Road test||RTA||EDI main centers(Test Department)|
- Attendance for the exam is possible according on RTA availability at the Al Qusais or Al Quoz centers
- However, there is an additional fee for attending the test on Saturday. For your convenience, we ask that you attend at each training site 30 minutes before the scheduled exam time.
HEAVY VEHICLE TRUCK
If you hold a valid driving license from another country, you may be able to transfer your current driving license without having to take a driving test in order to move to another country. You must be a citizen of the nation with a current residence status in the United Arab Emirates in order to apply. List of nations whose residents are eligible to transfer their driving licenses is provided below. Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Serbia, Lithuania, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, China, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Austria, and Lativia are among the countries represented.
For further information, please contact the RTA at 800 90 90, or visit the RTA’s Inquiry on the Possibility of Exchanging Driving License website.
These countries are as follows: Canada: Before transferring your license, you must first obtain a letter from the Canadian Consulate in Dubai stating that the license is legitimate and that it has been verified.
- Passport for residents (originalcopy)
- Copy of residence permit
- Current driving license (originalcopy)
- Translation of driving license (for some countries)
- One passport-size photo
- Eye test certificate
- And one passport-size photo
Galadari Driving School – Heavy Truck Driving School Dubai
Our Heavy Truck driving license course is designed for students who want to qualify for a license to drive commercial heavy trucks in the United States and Canada. If you want to obtain your Dubai Driving License Category 4, you must first pass the RTA driving exam. According to the RTA, a Heavy Truck is defined as one that has a weight of greater than 2.5 tonnes. Our instructors can teach you how to efficiently drive a Heavy Truck to convey business items to their destination in a safe and timely manner.
This course will teach you how to drive a Heavy Truck in a variety of weather situations, how to manage loads, how to cut operating expenses and how to avoid accidents.
You will learn how to have a positive attitude and be tolerant with other drivers, as well as how to predict what can happen in your surroundings.
Unless otherwise stated, all of our instructors are professional tutors who hold a valid teaching license issued by the RTA.
They also keep themselves up to date on new road and highway routes, as well as extra safety measures, by communicating with RTA traffic authorities on a regular basis.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE TRAINING AT GMDC
- The importance of learning traffic laws and providing practical guidance are emphasized in advanced road safety. Defensive driving tactics to increase awareness and reduce the likelihood of accidents on the road
- The technique for training instruction has been developed in response to the changing road infrastructure environment in Dubai. The use of multilingual training instructors from various parts of the world in order to serve a diversified consumer base Training simulations and meticulous pre-test preparation are required in order to pass the RTA tests on the first try. A large fleet of light motor vehicles is available to guarantee that students are taught in the most user-friendly vehicles available in the area. Customers who are “Physically Impaired” might benefit from specialized training provided by certified instructors in specially constructed cars. In addition, teachers that specialize in refresher training are offered to drivers who want to increase their technical knowledge and confidence on the road.
All of our training schedules are tailored to match the specific needs of each student, allowing you to keep key appointments without having to sacrifice your comfort or convenience.
- FEE STRUCTURE
- ELIGIBILITY RULES
- DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
- COURSE DETAILS
- LECTURE DETAILS
- The minimum age to apply for a Heavy Truck driving license is 20 years old
- The applicant must be an Emirati or have a valid resident visa in order to be considered. An eye test from an eye testing center that has been authorized and licensed by the Roads and Transport Authority and the Dubai Health Authority
- GMDC has an in-house eye-test facility that has been approved and licensed by the Roads and Transport Authority and the Dubai Health Authority Medical fitness assessment from any medical establishment that has been approved by the RTA and the Dubai Health Authority is required.
It is vital to ensure that you carry the requisite documents when you plan to apply for a Heavy vehicle driving license. These are:
- A photocopy of your current passport
- A photocopy of your current Dubai resident permit
- The original Emirates ID card as well as a photocopy of both the front and back of the Emirates ID card are required. 2 pictures the size of a passport
- Original or photocopy of your eye examination record (eye examinations can be performed at the GMDC or at any of the registered optical clinics)
- The Sponsor has provided a No Objection Letter (NOC). It is also necessary to have a copy of your sponsor’s passport and visa if your sponsor is an individual. Individuals who possess any other sort of license would be unable to register until they had paid any penalties that may have accrued against them. Individuals who have a visa that specifies that they are drivers are required to undergo commercial driver medical testing at a medical center that has been approved by the RTA, according to RTA regulations
For your convenience, the following is a list of medical centers that have been approved by the Regional Transportation Authority:
|DHA-Medical Fitness Services||04-5023952|
|Canadian Specialist Hospital||04- 7072222|
|DM Healthcare LLC||04-4400500|
|Gulf Healthcare International||04-2233324|
|Iranian Hospital Dubai||04-4046755|
|Prime Healthcare Group LLC||04-2233324|
Please keep in mind that your Emirates ID will be necessary in order to open a file while enrolling online. Please make sure you have your Emirates ID with you when you arrive at GMDC. Additionally, you may lodge a request to have it picked up by calling our call center at +971 4 267 6166 or by email at [email protected].
Once you have enrolled with us, you will be able to pick from a variety of training course options that will accommodate your schedule.
For our Regular Course: One lesson for internal training six days a week equals one hour in length (6 classes). One hour is spent in one lesson for on-road training six days a week (6 classes). Classes are held six days a week, from Saturday through Thursday, and are open to the public.
We understand that not every student can make it to our training courses during the week, therefore we also offer classes just on Saturdays to accommodate such students. Our present program consists of two courses every Saturday, for a total of two hours of instruction.
Weekdays: Internal training: During the week, our training courses are accessible from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) and then from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. On weekends, our training classes are available from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. On the road: Our training classes are offered Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.) and then from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend internal training: Our training sessions are offered Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m.
- (with a 30-minute break from 3:00 p.m.
- to 11:00 p.m.
- to 1:00 p.m.
- to 2:00 p.m.) and then from 2:00 p.m.
- on Saturday and Sunday.
- Theory lessons are extremely important since they teach you the regulations and information you need to be a safe driver on UAE roads.
- Given the linguistic diversity of Dubai, we will provide our theoretical lectures in a variety of languages, including Arabic, English and Hindi/Urdu, to ensure that the regulations and requirements imposed by the RTA are communicated properly.
The theoretical lessons are organized into eight sessions, which are as follows:
- Daytime: Internal training: During the weekdays, our training classes are available from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm (there will be a break from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm) and from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Evening: Internal training: During the weekdays, our training classes are available from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Weekend: Internal training: During the weekend, our training classes are available from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm On the road: Our training classes are accessible Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.) and then from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekends. Weekend internal training: Our training sessions are accessible Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (with a 30-minute break from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) and then from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Saturdays. For those who prefer to train on the road, our training classes are offered Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (there will be an hour break between 1:00 p.m and 2:00 p.m.) and then from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m on Saturdays and Sundays. Every trainee is required to attend eight mandatory theoretical lessons as part of the mandated RTA curriculum as they begin their path toward getting a UAE driver’s license. Theory lessons are extremely important because they teach you the regulations and information you need to safely navigate the roadways of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). To better serve you, we have made every effort to keep our schedule as flexible as possible, and we are now providing theoretical lessons at both our Al Qusais and Al Quoz locations on Saturdays as well. Given the linguistic diversity of Dubai, we will provide our theoretical lectures in a variety of languages, including Arabic, English and Hindi/Urdu, to ensure that the laws and requirements specified by RTA are communicated properly. Following is a breakdown of the theoretical lessons into eight sessions:
- Maintain constant possession of your registration card as well as your RTA learners permit for the course of your attendance at theoretical courses. You must carry your RTA training book with you to all theoretical sessions
- Otherwise, you will not be allowed to participate. Please let us know if you will be unable to attend any of the sessions in advance. If you find yourself unable to attend a session, please notify the appropriate staff member so that we may make preparations for a replacement session.
The following are the costs associated with our Heavy Truck driving training.
|HOURS||DURATION||NORMALAED 140/-||SATURDAYSAED 220/-||ELIGIBILITY|
|20||1 hour||AED 2,800.00||AED 4,400.00||Beginner|
You should keep in mind that once you have completed the requisite lectures and passed the RTA theory exam, you will be able to move to the yard test and the final road test. If you are unable to pass any of these assessments, you will be required to attend 4 hours of classroom instruction.
Remember that when you have completed the required lectures and passed the RTA theory test, you may move on to the yard test and final road exam. If you are unable to pass any of these assessments, you will be required to attend 4 hours of further training.
|CHARGE TYPE||GMDC (AED)||5 %VAT (AED)||RTA (AED)||TOTAL (AED)|
|Opening a file (Learner’s Permit + Handbook)||380.00||19.00||470.00||869.00|
|Valid file transfer from another centre||330.00||16.50||346.50|
|Theory lecture class||100.00||5.00||105.00|
|Internal Yard test||70.00||3.50||220.00||293.50|
|Road test (all vehicle categories)||70.00||3.50||220.00||293.50|
|Issuing A New Driving License For One Year||120.00||120.00|
|Issuing A Driving License For More Than One Year||320.00||320.00|
|License service charges||100.00||5.00||105.00|
|Add A New Category To Driving License||220.00||220.00|
|Learning Permit renewal||40.00||2.00||220.00||262.00|
|File re-opening fees||120.00||6.00||420.00||546.00|
Please keep in mind that an additional 5 percent VAT will be charged at the time of payment. 2. Fees charged by the RTA are subject to change. In order to obtain further information, please contact us at 04-2676166 or [email protected]. Important Remarks
- We ask that you carefully read the RTA contract and that you sign all of the RTA contract pages, since this is a requirement of RTA. Our customer service employees take great care in scheduling your classes
- Nonetheless, we ask that you double-check the schedule before leaving the desk in case there are any inconsistencies. If there are any anomalies, please report them to the assisting officer promptly. According to RTA regulations, it is obligatory for trainees to have their learning permission and attendance card with them at all times when they are receiving training. If a learner does not have any of the items listed above, our instructors will not be able to give the instruction they require. It is mandatory that you sign and stamp your attendance card whenever you attend any of our lecture sessions or training programs at GMDC in accordance with RTA requirements, which is a simple procedure to complete. Your signature and the instructor’s signature and stamp must both be included on the card. If you find yourself in the position of having to cancel training lessons due to unforeseen circumstances or obligations, please notify us at least 72 hours in advance. Because of the lack of this information, the trainee would be listed as missing, and he or she would be required to pay for the lessons again
- The Greater Manchester Development Corporation (GMDC) will not be accountable for any missed lessons if the aforementioned protocol is not followed at any time. If you have not attended any training classes for more than 60 days following your last RTA test, you are required by the RTA to attend 8 additional lessons before appearing or rebooking the next RTA exam. You would be required to re-appear for the Theory test and Internal Yard test if you had an interruption in your training or had stopped your training for more than 2 years. You would also be required to re-appear for the Practical Test and Internal Yard Test if you had stopped your training for more than 2 years. For any reason you are unable to appear for an RTA test for more than 6 months, you must revalidate your Learning Permit in accordance with RTA guidelines, because after 6 months, the Learning Permit will be automatically closed by RTA, and you will also be required to reappear for the Theory test and Internal Yard test before you can continue with your remaining training classes. If you have an interruption or cease your training before the year 2012, the trainee will have to go through the whole registration procedure again and submit all of the relevant documentation
- In addition, you will be considered a beginner and will be forced to complete 20 hours of instruction.
- Please make sure that your cash is counted before leaving the counter and that you have a receipt for your transaction. Galadari Motor Driving Centre and its personnel shall not be accountable for any claims or shortages that may arise as a result of this agreement. Galadari Motor Driving Centre reserves the right to recover any amount paid in excess to the customer as a result of errors or oversights. Galadari Motor Driving Centre strongly advises you not to make any payments to any of its employees, instructors, supervisors, or other staff members unless you have received an original payment receipt that clearly states the total amount you have paid to them. Galadari Motor Driving Centre shall not be held accountable for any money given to any of the above-mentioned parties in the absence of a receipt.
- If you find yourself in the position of having to cancel a scheduled RTA test due to unforeseen circumstances or obligations, please notify us at least 72 hours in advance. In the absence of this information, the trainee will be declared absent in accordance with RTA criteria, and he or she will be required to reimburse and reschedule the exam. The General Motors Development Corporation (GMDC) would not be accountable for the cancelled test at any time if the preceding protocol was not followed
- We ask that you make the following documents accessible to us if you have passed the final exam so that we can assist you in getting your driver’s license:
- Students’ attendance cards, the original Emirates ID, and the final exam passing form are all included.
A newbie’s guide to getting a driving licence in Dubai
The final exam passing form; the assessment test passing form; the student attendance card; the original UAE ID;
I’ve driven for more than five years back home. How many hours of classes do I need?
The hours of training are divided into three categories based on your previous driving experience: basic, intermediate, and advanced. People with less than two years of driving experience must complete a minimum of 20 hours of practical training (yard and road); those with two to five years of driving experience must complete a minimum of 15 hours of training; and those with more than five years of driving experience must complete a minimum of 10 hours of training before taking the final test.
All of these, however, are relevant if the applicant does not originate from one of the countries on the list of exempted nations.
How can I swap a foreign licence for a national one?
Citizens of about 37 countries are included in the RTA’s exempted list of countries, which means that they can swap or immediately exchange their home country’s drivers’ license for an Emirates driving license if they have a valid drivers’ license in their home country. The majority of EU countries, as well as North American, Gulf, and Asian nations such as Japan and South Korea, are represented on the list.
How many theory lessons do I need?
A total of eight light motor vehicle theory sessions and nine heavy motor vehicle theory lessons are available for students to choose from. If you are learning to drive a light motor vehicle, you may take your theory lessons in one of two ways: either by attending lectures at your selected driving institution or by using the institute’s online learning platform. Heavy motor vehicle learners are required to attend lectures at their chosen driving institution because e-learning is not yet accessible to them at this time.
What languages do you usually offer your theory classes in?
Lectures at the institute are given in three primary languages: Arabic, English, and Urdu, with a few more languages being taught by select driving schools. Arabic and English are two of the e-learning languages available. The student must go to the institute to take the theoretical exam since the RTA, not the institute, is in charge of conducting the test.
Remote Interpretation Services (RIS) in conjunction with Microsoft and Skype translation services are available as an optional service for students who are unable to attend theory courses in the three primary languages of Arabic, English, and Urdu. This service provides translation in 195 languages.
Can I transfer my file from one driving institute to another?
Yes, it is possible to move your file from one driving institution to another without a problem. After paying all of their costs at the first institute, the student can seek a transfer to the second.
What documents do I need to register for a course?
An Emirates ID is the sole document necessary for Emiratis. For expats, an Emirates ID card and a residence visa from Dubai are required. 66 professions are listed as exempt from the requirement to obtain a no objection certificate (NOC) from their sponsors, including doctors, lawyers, and managers. However, in all other professions, such as carpenters, home drivers, cooks, gardeners, and security guards are required to obtain a NOC from their sponsors.
RTA mulls changing heavy vehicle licence rules
Published:Saturday, March 17, 2018, 8:44 p.m. According to a senior Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) official who spoke at the first Truck Trailer Safety Conference in Dubai, the RTA is investigating the feasibility of raising the minimum required age for applicants of heavy motor vehicle (HMV) drivers from 20 to 21 years old in order to improve road safety. The RTA’s director of drivers training and qualifications, Arif Abdulkarim Almalik, said at a conference organized on Thursday by Wabco Vehicle Control Systems and supported by the Dubai Police and RoadSafetyUAE that “all new HMV license applicants must also go through articulated vehicle training.” Another important revision is requiring prospective truck and trailer drivers to obtain an LMV (light motor vehicle) licence before they can apply for an HMV driving licence, he added.
“At the moment, applicants are permitted to obtain an HMV license if they are 20 years old and can apply without first obtaining an LMV license.
According to the instructor, “the big vehicles they would be driving throughout the training are also built to haul cargo weighing more than 3,500kg, as opposed to the prior 2,500kg.” Diverse stakeholders from across the transportation spectrum emphasized the role of education and technology in improving road safety at the conference.
- According to Capt Salem Mesfer Rashid Alamimi of the Dubai Police, 73 significant truck accidents were registered in 2017, compared to 99 in 2016, resulting in 14 fatalities (compared to 36 in 2016) and 109 injuries, as compared to 99 in 2016.
- Even if the trends in 2017 are extremely favorable, he pointed out that safety concerns involving trucks and truck trailers continue to be a major priority, particularly in the context of Dubai’s goal of zero injuries per 100,000 people by 2020.
- “We wanted to build a new forum for the critically vital problem of truck trailer safety,” said Thomas Edelmann, the company’s founder and managing director.
- “Weariness is a significant contributing cause to road accidents, and if there is a legislation limiting the amount of time an HMV driver can be on the road, then at the very least fatigue will be decreased,” he stated.
- “As a leading global technology firm, we are committed to improving vehicle and driver safety in order to minimize the number of incidents involving commercial vehicles,” Sherif El-Sheikh, Wabco MENA regional leader, stated.
In addition to offering (our) variety of technological solutions to increase truck and trailer safety, we are delighted to reaffirm our commitment to assisting in the improvement of road safety and supporting the “UAE Vision 2021″ by participating in RoadSafetyUAE’s platform.” [email protected]
Acceptance is the initial step toward obtaining your driving license, and you must provide the following papers in order to be accepted, according to RTA regulations: After submitting the relevant documentation and paying the registration cost, you will be awarded a learners’ permit as well as the RTA handbook, which will allow you to begin your training as a trainee in your field of study immediately.
- Three months have elapsed since the learners’ permits were issued
- They are no longer valid. The validity of an RTA file is six months from the date of its creation or from the date of the most recent theory, parking, or road test taken. In order to prevent any trouble (including being marked absent from examinations and practical training), the learner’s permit must be renewed when it expires.
When attending a lecture or training session, the RTA handbook should be properly signed and stamped.
|Category||Road Training(AED) Per Hour 180||Rta Fees(AED)||Drive Dubai Fees(AED)||Total Fees(AED)|
|Heavy Truck*Additional fee applicable in case of failure in any test||20 hours||1560||3400||4960|
|Category||Road Training(AED) Per Hour 180||Regular(AED)||Friday(AED)|
|Heavy Truck Lumpsum (3T/10P/10A/10R*)||20 hours||12500||13500|
|Heavy Truck Lumpsum (3T/7P/7A/7R*)||20 hours||11000||12000|
|Category||Road Training(AED) Per Hour 180||Regular(AED)||Friday(AED)|
|Heavy Truck Lumpsum (3T/4P/4A/4R*)||20 hours||9000||10000|
*P-Parking / A-Road assessment / R-Rta Road test are three different types of parking. Notes-1.Transportation is available in accordance with Drive Dubai Approved Routes. 2.The rates shown above include an eye exam but do not include the 5% VAT. 3.For further information, please contact Oswald Sufiyan at +971565112197(Oswald)Sufiyan(+971562165790) or Oswald Sufiyan at +971562165790.
Taking driving lessons is the second step in gaining your driving license and the first step in your learning process. Before one can begin his or her practical training or take any tests, he or she must first attend nine theoretical lectures mandated by the RTA. These are as follows:
- Theoretical lectures can be attended remotely over the internet (e-learning room is accessible at our head office) or in person in our lecture halls. Every lecture must be attended in order to be considered complete. Pay close attention to everything that is said in class
* For a copy of the lecture schedules, please see Media Downloads.
In the third part of your learning process, you will take the Theory Test. As the name implies, this test will consist of theory questions based on real-life situations and/or road and traffic signs. In order for our students to become fluent in comprehending and answering the theory exam questions, DriveDubai providesMock Test, Practice Theory Test Lecture,and Set of MCQs.
- In the third part of your learning process, you will take the Theory Test. As the name implies, this test will consist of theory questions based on real-life scenarios and/or road and traffic signs. In order for our students to become fluent in comprehending and answering the theory exam questions, DriveDubai offersMock Test, Practice Theory Test Lecture,and Set of MCQs.
Following successful completion of the theory test, a student may go to practical training.
Practical Trainingis the fourth and most important component of your training procedure, and it comprises of practical training sessions done by RTA-approved instructors for the number of hours represented in your driving history, as well as classroom instruction.
- You will learn how to operate a machine (vehicle) in practical classes with our teachers, who will cover all of the areas that will be examined by RTA examiners for the needed examinations. Students are obliged to attend the training sessions in accordance with the course requirements. (Please call our receptionist if you want further information or advice.)
Taking the parking test is the fifth phase in the learning process.
A. Parking tests are administered by RTA examiners.b In order to appear for the parking exam, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of all lectures
- Passing of the theoretical exam
- Payment of the requisite price Attend the requisite training hours on a regular basis.
(Please call our receptionist if you want further information or advice.)
The assessment exam is the sixth phase in your learning process, and it is this test that decides whether or not a student is eligible to appear for the RTA driving test.
- Internal examiners are required to take an assessment test. An applicant for an assessment examination must pass a parking examination and clear all outstanding debts in addition to completing the requisite training hours, which may vary from course to course:
Internal examiners are subjected to an assessment test. An applicant for an assessment examination must pass a parking examination and clear all outstanding debts in addition to completing the requisite training hours, which vary from course to course.
Driving on the road is the seventh phase in your learning process and the final step before you may receive your UAE driving license in your possession.
RTA examiners will administer the road test following the completion of training.b.In order to appear for the road test, the following factors must be taken into consideration: a.
- RTA examiners will administer the road test following the completion of training. In order to appear for the road test, the following factors must be taken into account.
C.Upon successful completion of the road test on the same day, a driving license will be awarded. Students must have their original Emirates ID with them when they apply for their licenses.
Driving licence categories and codes
How can you tell what those seemingly random numbers and characters on your driver’s license mean? Auto ownership is difficult enough without having to worry about car insurance, tax, and upkeep. Let’s have a look at what all the codes and categories on your driving licence truly do, and what you might be able to drive based on your classification.
What do the categories and codes on my driving licence mean?
Understand what you are authorized to drive, as well as any limits you may be required to adhere to, is critical. If you’re not sure, look at the back of your driving license for further information. There is also a row of capital letters and digits, each one separated by a slash, directly below the number ‘9’ on the bottom of your driving licence, right next to it. These are the categories that are most relevant to your situation. They outline the types of cars that can be lawfully driven on public roads, as well as any applicable vehicle weight limitations.
As long as you’re over the age of 21, you’re eligible.
The types of cars you are permitted to drive are listed in the ‘9’ column, and the start and expiration dates of your licence for each category of vehicle are listed in the ’10’ and ’11’ columns, respectively.
In this format, because if you spelled down what each letter and number represented in full, your driving licence would be a book, not a card, rather than a card.
Driving licence categories: What can I drive on a normal car licence?
After receiving your complete driving license, you will be able to drive certain types of automobiles immediately. These are the ones:
- Light bikes with engines up to 125cc in displacement are classified as Category A1. Those with a top speed of more than 15.5mph, but not more than 28mph, go into the AM category
- Those with three wheels fall into the AM category. This category also contains light quad bikes with an unladen mass of little more than 350kg, excluding batteries, which fall into this group as well. Aside from that, they have a top speed of above 15.5 mph but not exceeding 28 mph
- Depending on when you completed your test, there are two different definitions of category B:
Light bikes with engines up to 125cc in displacement are classified as category A1. The category AM vehicle is defined as any two-wheeled or three-wheeled vehicle having a top speed greater than 15.5mph but not greater than 28mph; The light quad bikes that fall into this category have an unloaded mass of little more than 350kg, excluding the batteries. Aside from it, they have a top speed of above 15.5 mph but not exceeding 28 mph. Depending on when you completed your test, there are two different definitions of Category B:
What other vehicles can I drive with a standard driving licence?
Following the large strong characters stated above, you will see a few italic lower-case letters on your driving license. These are indications of further rights. In most cases, you’ll see something like this:
- The letter F indicates that you are qualified to operate a tractor
- The letter k indicates that you are qualified to operate a pedestrian-controlled vehicle or mowing machine
- And the letter q indicates that you are qualified to operate two- and three-wheeled vehicles without pedals with an engine size of no more than 50cc. The maximum speed is limited to 15.5 miles per hour.
For those who completed their test before 1997, this isn’t an exhaustive list of the options. To see if your driving license has any additional category entitlements, visit the government’s driving license website.
Are there any other driving licence categories?
It’s possible that once you’ve obtained your full driving licence, you’ll wish to increase your entitlement so that you may drive other cars for employment or pleasure. A Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is required if you wish to work as a bus, coach or truck driver in order to be eligible for a Category C entitlement.
Here are a few of the more typical additional categories for which you may need to take additional examinations in order to qualify for an additional entitlement:
- In the first category, a light motorcycle is defined as one with an engine capacity of up to 125cc and a maximum power output of 11kW. Vehicles with automatic transmission in Category B, which includes four-wheeled vehicles weighing up to 400kg unladen or 550kg when designed for the transportation of goods, fall into this category. Category C– You can drive cars weighing more than 3,500kg while towing a trailer weighing up to 750kg MAM. Category CE– You are permitted to operate a category C vehicle with a trailer weighing more than 750kg. Minibuses are within the purview of Category D1. D1 allows you to drive cars up to eight metres in length with no more than 16 passenger seats, as well as trailers weighing up to 750 kg. D1E is capable of towing a trailer weighing more than 750kg. Tracked vehicles (h), electrically driven vehicles (l), and trolley vehicles (m) are examples of tracked vehicles.
What are the codes on my driving licence?
The laws that govern driving privileges specify the requirements that must be met before you may get behind the wheel. There are more than 50 different codes for driving licenses. Some of the more frequent ones include ’01,’ which refers to vision, and ’02,’ which has to do with hearing aids, to name a couple. In addition, there are codes that pertain to vehicle modifications.
Full list of driving licence codes
An endorsement, as well as penalty points, may be issued if you are convicted of a driving-related infraction. These are added to your driver’s license and remain on your record until they are no longer needed. The duration of this might be four or eleven years, during which time you must report them when purchasing automobile insurance. Here’s a list of motoring conviction codes to get you started:
- Failing to stop after an accident: 5 to 10 penalty points
- AC10– Failing to stop after an accident: 5–10 penalty points
- The following penalty points are assessed for BA10: Driving when disqualified by court order: 6 penalty points
- CD10 – Failure to exercise reasonable care and attention when driving: 3 to 9 penalty points
- DD10– Causing serious injury to another person by driving recklessly: 3 to 11 penalty points
For additional information, please see our guide on motor vehicle conviction codes.
Are provisional driving licence codes different?
Please see our guide on motor vehicle conviction codes for more information on this topic.