CALL THE TAXI RESERVATION CENTRE To book a taxi in Dubai, simply call +971-4-208-0808.
How to book a taxi in Dubai?
- To book a Dubai Taxi Corporation/RTA vehicle by phone call the number 04 2080808. In addition to online and phone bookings, taxis can also be hailed in the street or hired from a taxi rank.
How can I book a taxi in UAE?
Here is how you can book a taxi via the Abu Dhabi Taxi app.
- Download and launch the TransAD Taxi app. The app is available for both iOS and Android users.
- Go to the taxi booking menu.
- Select your taxi type.
- Search and enter your pick up location to confirm your ride.
- Cancellations can also be made via the app.
How do you pay for taxis in Dubai?
Yes, all taxis in Dubai have the necessary equipment to accept debit, credit and Nol cards. However, there are times when these machines are ‘out of order’, so if you need to pay by card, be sure to ask your driver before you get in the taxi.
Is Uber or taxi cheaper in Dubai?
In Dubai, Uber and Careem typically cost more than a taxi. The advantage is that Uber offers a flat rate, so if there’s traffic and you’re going a long distance, it can also be cheaper. In general, Careem is less expensive than Uber for shorter distances and Uber is less expensive for longer distances.
How do I call a big taxi in Dubai?
Call the Taxi Reservation Centre: You can also reserve a DTC taxi just by a phone call. The Dubai taxi booking contact number is +971-4-208-0808.
How many taxis are allowed in Dubai?
No more than three people are allowed in regular taxis but up to four are allowed to travel in a Dubai Taxi van, which can be booked through the Careem app.
Do Dubai taxis take credit?
That means you can finish the journey using your debit card, credit card, smartphone via Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, or even your Nol card. Of course, you can still pay by cash if you want to.
Do you tip taxi drivers in Dubai?
Taxi driver Taxis in Dubai are cheap and plentiful, and therefore tipping the driver is a common occurrence. Usually a small tip of AED5-10 is given, but generally passengers will just round the fare up to the nearest note and allow the driver to keep the change.
Are taxi cheap in Dubai?
Dubai taxis are very cheap, depending on what part of the world you are coming from. There will always be some visitors to Dubai who are unused to European, UK or North American expectations of the costs of hailing and riding in a taxi.
Is 4 person allowed in a car in Dubai?
The passengers capacity in luxury vehicles is same as regular taxi vehicles. (Journey inside Dubai) can get maximum 4 passengers + the driver. Going from Dubai to Abu Dhabi allowed ONLY to have 3 passengers + the driver.
Will my debit card work in Dubai?
It’s pretty uncommon to pay for goods and services in Dubai with any currency other than the Dirham. However, International credit and debit cards, such as Visa and Mastercard, are widely accepted at retailers. ATMs are situated nearly everywhere, and foreign debit cards can usually be used in order to take out cash.
What is the minimum taxi fare in Dubai?
The minimum fare for a general taxi ride in Dubai is Dhs12. Therefore, for any distance that you go to, you will be charged Dhs12 at least. Your fare will be calculated depending on the distance you go during the peak and non-peak hours.
Are Dubai taxis safe?
The Roads and Transport Authority says all of Dubai’s taxi drivers are safe, well-trained and held to the highest standards. DUBAI // The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) says its new In Safe Hands programme is a personalised taxi service, and carries no stigma for drivers who are not part of it.
How much tax do you pay in Dubai?
Apart from the high quality of life, the foremost reason for such enthusiasm for Dubai is the fact that Dubai is a tax-free nation. There is no income tax on income generated in Dubai. Also, there is no sales tax on the majority of goods and services.
Using advanced technologies that make the request for various transportation services smooth, the smart application “DTC App” is intended to enable customers to reserve taxis and limousines in an easy, smooth, and innovative manner, in an integrated manner with the Dubai Taxi Corporation’s Control Centre and with the Reservation and Distribution Center of the Public Transportation Agency of the Roads and Transport Authority, in an easy, smooth, and innovative manner.
Fast downloads and registration are followed by the selection and reservation of a car in three simple stages, saving the consumer time and allowing them to book in three simple steps.
The application also provides choices for direct payment or payment by credit card.
Read on to find out more
People of Determination Taxi
People with a Strong Will to Succeed To put it another way, the taxi service is truly “Special Wheel for a Special Need.” The highly advanced car has been outfitted and designed with the passenger’s comfort and convenience in mind. It is possible to reserve it in advance through the Dispatch Center for all of your destination needs throughout the United Arab Emirates. In addition to their size and red roof top, these cars may be identified by the blue universal special needs symbol insignia, which is located on the side passenger doors and rear windshield of the vehicle.
About Dubai Taxi
Taxis and limos operated by the Dubai Taxi Corporation are popular modes of transportation in Dubai, and they are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including on public holidays, according to the company. They are efficient, equipped with regulated meters that charge a reasonable rate, and driven by friendly and welcoming drivers, among other characteristics. Because our fleet of cars in Dubai is dispersed across the city, our customers may hail a taxi or limousine in Dubai at any public location, commercial area, or important landmark in the emirate, according to their needs.
Our clients may reserve a car and have it delivered to their doorstep at their convenience, and they can also take use of free Internet access throughout the journey.
The Dubai Taxi Corporation offers a wide range of services, including comfort amenities and customer service, that are designed to satisfy the highest requirements of transportation excellence. All of this is made possible by a committed team of professionals who are committed to providing innovative and exceptional services in a manner that helps to the elevation of the level of the transportation sector and the reflection of its civic image.
Plan your Journey
These cutting-edge hourly vehicle rental services allow you to reserve, find, open, and start one of the automobiles that are strategically placed across Dubai using an app.
RTA mobile apps
RTA is committed to making you happy. Its mission is to assist Dubai in its transformation into a smart city while also supporting the achievement of its strategic objectives. In order to do this, the RTA provides quick and convenient access to its services using smart apps that are tailored to your specific requirements. More RTA applications may be found here.
Book now your Taxi in Dubai online – instant or prebooking
|When||Enter your start and destination address, date and time.|
|What||Talixo finds a suitable taxi and the best limousine offers within the categories Economy, Business and First Class. All offers can be booked immediately and without time delay.|
|Who||Specify the passenger details such that the driver can contact the passenger if necessary.|
|Confirm booking||Verify the booking details and select your preferred payment method. By clicking “Confirm Booking” button the booking process is completed.|
|Receive details||You will receive a booking confirmation with all the ride details and the payment PIN via email.|
Trip: Safe and comfortable to your destination
|Car and contact details||You receive car and contact details of your driver around 30 minutes before the pickup time via email and text message.|
|Driver arrives||An additional notification is sent to you via text message once the driver has arrived at the pickup location.|
|Verify IDride||After the driver has verified that you are the right customer, he will drive you to your destination.|
|At the end of your ride you authorize the payment with your PIN. Payment and billing will take place automatically and be displayed in your Talixo account.|
You may simply make changes to your booking or cancel it by logging into your Talixo account online. While logged in, just navigate to Bookings and click on the Edit or Cancel option to make changes. Please keep in mind the deadlines for changing or canceling your reservation. Additional fees may apply if you decide to amend or cancel your reservation at a later date.
Dubai is not a city that is particularly hospitable to pedestrians. Taxis are a convenient mode of transportation around the city if your destination or departure location is not close to a Metrostation. When compared to other western cities, taxi charges are reasonable (partly due tolow petrol and fuel prices). Drivers are generally courteous, and the most of them speak understandable English. In Dubai, there are essentially three types of taxis to choose from:
- Dubai Taxi Corporation – official taxis
- Uber – multinational taxi and transportation firm
- Careem – a Dubai-based taxi and transportation company (which was bought by Uber in 2019)
- And others.
Fare Comparison – All Taxi Services (Dubai Taxi Corporation v Careem v Uber)
Installing the RTA’s S’hail smartphone app is the quickest and most convenient method to find out how much a taxi journey would cost. Enter your starting place and destination, and the app will provide you with an estimate of the cost of all available taxi services (including Careem and Uber). Fares and travel times for various means of transportation (such as the Dubai Metro, buses, and taxis) are also provided. The Dubai Taxi Corporation also offers a standalone app that provides fares for only its own services, which is available for download.
- The standalone Uber application may be obtained by clicking here.
- Instead of downloading applications, all providers provide web-based taxi fare calculators, such as the ones listed below: The web-based fare estimator for the Dubai Taxi Corporation may be accessed here.
- Careem provides a fare estimation tool, which may be found here.
- There are, however, a variety of circumstances that might influence the fare (surge pricing, vehicle type chosen, vehicle type availability, traffic conditions etc.).
- Taxi service on Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai Taxi Corporation
The Dubai Taxi Corporation is a subsidiary of the Dubai Government Roads and Transport Authority, which is responsible for road infrastructure in Dubai (RTA). It is responsible for the operation of official taxis in Dubai. The fleet as a whole consists of more than 10,000 vehicles (although taxi operations are franchised out to other companies).
All of these official taxis have cream-colored paint on their bodies. The colors of the roofs vary from business to company. The cars of the Dubai Taxi Corporation (with red roofs) account for almost half of the overall fleet.
|Dubai Taxi Corporation||Red|
Dubai Taxi Corporation – Fares
In addition to being a subsidiary of the Dubai Government Roads and Transport Authority, the Dubai Taxi Corporation also operates as a separate entity (RTA). Official cabs are provided in Dubai by this company. The fleet as a whole consists of more than 10,000 automobiles (although taxi operations are franchised out to other companies). Bodywork in the color cream is used on all of the official taxis. Companies have a variety of roof colors. A little more than half of the overall fleet are cars with red colored roofs, known as Dubai Taxi Corporation vehicles.
|Fare||Day 06:00 – 22:00||Night 22:00 – 06:00|
|Starting fare – street pickup||5 AED||5.5 AED|
|Starting fare – booked||10 AED||12 AED|
|Meter fare – charge per km||1.82 AED / km||1.82 AED / km|
|Waiting fare||0.5 AED / minute||0.5 AED / minute|
Each time the cab goes through a toll gate, a 4 AED toll fee (Salik) is charged to the total fare. The fares from Dubai International Airport are a little more expensive. The introductory fee is 25 AED (about $2.50). The meter charge is 1.96 AED every kilometer traveled. If the meter isn’t activated, the ride should be completely free of charge. Tickets may be purchased with cash, credit card, or Nol Card; they can also be purchased by smartphone (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay).
Dubai Taxi Corporation – Telephone Booking Number
For reservations of a Dubai Taxi Corporation/RTA car over the phone, use the number 04 2080808.
Dubai Taxi Corporation – Taxi Ranks
Additionally, cabs can be hailed on the street or hired via a taxi rank, in addition to being booked online or over the phone. At Dubai International Airport, taxi ranks can be found in all of the terminals. There is no need to make a reservation in advance. Taxi ranks can also be seen in retail malls, Dubai Metro stations, hotels, and bus terminals, among other places. Dubai Mall, taxi rank, and other points of interest
Dubai Taxi Booking Apps
Online reservations are available through the applications of the Dubai Taxi Corporation, Uber, and Careem. The Dubai Taxi Corporation app may be downloaded from the following link. The Uber app may be obtained by clicking here. Careem’s application may be obtained by clicking here. The RTA’s S’hail app allows users to compare fares and make reservations for all three services.
Online reservations are available via the Dubai Taxi Corporation, Uber, and Careem, all of which have applications. It is possible to download the Dubai Taxi Corporation app from this link. It is possible to download the Uber app from this link. It is possible to download Careem’s app from this link. All three options are available through the RTA’s S’hail app, which compares fares and allows you to schedule your trip.
- You may use these points to gain a discount on a ride or to earn Skywards miles, which you can then redeem for transportation services. You could be eligible for special deals on food orders, such as free delivery or a reduced meal – or special offers on laundry and gasoline services. Don’t forget that you can always perform a good deed by donating your reward points to help support those who have been touched by the Beirut explosion, or to assist in providing a refugee with running water and other necessities.
Check out the Careem Rewards area to learn more about all of the special incentives you are eligible for. In the Careem Pay area, click on Add Card, which will take you to a basic form where you can input your card information and then click Save. When you attempt to add some cards, you will be required to input an OTP provided to the cellphone number linked with the card, and your card will be added once the authentication is completed successfully. Careem may charge you a small fee to validate your credit card information, which will be automatically reimbursed to your credit card.
The RTA Customer Support Team will respond to your call as soon as possible.
The RAKTA Call Center will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Complete our contact form and we will react as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest in contacting us. A Hala cab will pick you up from any location in Dubai or Ras Al-Khaimah and drop you off wherever in the emirates at the moment. We will transport you to any location you require.
RTA Taxi Booking in Dubai: Fares, Apps & More
Aside from the skyscrapers, retail malls, and excellent infrastructure that Dubai is known for, public transit is another attraction in the emirate. Due to the abundance of sights to see in the city, public transportation allows residents and visitors to travel about more conveniently and affordably. RTA Taxi in Dubai is one of the safest and most trustworthy solutions for commuters when it comes to public transportation in the city. You may order an RTA taxi in Dubai on the RTA website. Here’s all you need to know about RTA taxi booking in Dubai.
How To Book RTA Taxi In Dubai
When looking for a taxi in Dubai, the most convenient method to do it is to look for them in designated parking lots or in places allocated for the loading and unloading of passengers from cabs. Let’s get into the specifics and find out how to book RTA taxis in Dubai as well as how much taxis in Dubai cost.
RTA Taxi Booking With Careem App
Hala, a joint venture between the Regional Transportation Authority and Careem, provides a streamlined travel experience by allowing users to schedule an economical trip in just a few clicks. Booking a hala cab with the Careem App is a simple process. Simply follow the instructions listed below:
- Create an account with the Careem App, which may be found on Google Play or the Apple Store. Choose ‘Hala Taxi’ from the list of available automobile types. If you require more than four seats, you can reserve one of our ‘Hala Vans’. Confirm the location of your pick-up
- Choose a location for your journey
- Identify the preferred method of payment
- Tap on’Yalla’to find out where your captain is.
Hala Taxi F are
- The starting fee is 8 AED
- The minimum trip fare is 12 AED
- The charges per kilometer traveled are 1.91 AED.
S’hail App For Online Taxi Booking In Dubai
Prices start at 8 AED and go down to 12 AED for the shortest journey. Prices per kilometer traveled are 1.91 AED.
- All that is required is that you download the S’hail App from Google Play or the Apple Store. You may request a trip and select your form of transportation, such as a Dubai Public Taxi. Place the pick-up and drop-off locations where appropriate. Then select the option to “Book a taxi” and wait until you find one
Book RTA Taxi Dubai Via SMS
Since previously said, RTA taxi booking in Dubai is rather simple, as you can reserve a cab by just sending an SMS to the RTA’s dispatch center. The RTA has included the SMS service in its system. However, the service is only available to those who utilize the Etisalat network. There are simply two steps involved:
- Formalize a message by combining the area code with the taxi rank’s phone number
- Send it to the number 4774.
Each taxi rank has a unique location number, which must be mentioned in your SMS booking request in order to be processed. Once completed, you will receive the taxi information as well as the RTA taxi booking number, which will assist you in locating the allocated taxi. It is possible to connect the RTA’s Distribution and Reservation System with the SMS taxi service. The SMS requests are received by the system, and you will be allocated to an empty taxi that is accessible nearby instantly.
Book A Public Taxi With Dubai Taxi Corporation
You may quickly reserve an RTA public taxi by waving your arms along the street. Among other services, the Dubai Taxi Corporation (DTC) is a subsidiary of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA). It provides DTC Limousine Service, Hatta Taxi, Airport Taxi, and a regular Taxi service, among other things. The DTC Taxi service is provided to satisfy the needs of anyone who need to travel inside the UAE. When it comes to making a reservation, you may easily do so by simply flagging down a cab on the street (in safe locations only), visiting hospitals, shopping malls, or metro stations.
How To Book DTC Public Taxi
- Download the S’hail App: To book an RTA cab in Dubai, you can use the S’hail App and follow the instructions outlined above. To make a reservation for a taxi, call the following number: You may also make a reservation for a DTC cab by just dialing the number. The telephone number for cab booking in Dubai is +971-4-208-0808.
RTA Taxi Fares
Book an RTA taxi and take advantage of low-cost journeys around the emirate. If you are using an app such as S’hail or Hala, you may easily check RTA taxi costs.
Simply enter the pickup and drop-off locations and you will receive an estimated amount. Additionally, you can review the RTA taxi prices shown below. Please bear in mind that these fares are subject to change at any moment without prior notice.
- Starter fares from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. are 5 AED
- Start fares from 10:00 p.m. to 06:00 a.m. are 5.5 AED
- Waiting costs are 30 AED per hour
- Meter fares are 1.82 AED per kilometer
- Booking and distribution are between 10 and 12 AED
- The fares differ from one service to another. Among other things, the fee for an Airport Taxi in Dubai starts at 25 AED, while the fare for a Luxury Taxi in Dubai starts at 50 AED. Toll costs, salik fees, and other fees will be automatically added to the fare each time the cab crosses the toll gates.
How Can I Pay For RTA Taxis In Dubai
The Dubai Transportation Service (DTS) has placed Point of Sale (POS) systems throughout its entire fleet of taxis in Dubai, making it easier for passengers to pay for their rides. Payment for RTA taxi fares can be made in one of the following ways:
- Direct cash
- Credit/debit card
- Nol Card
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, such as Apple Pay or Samsung Pay
- And other methods of payment.
The following methods of payment are accepted: cash, credit/debit card, Nol Card, Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, such as Apple Pay or Samsung Pay;
Do taxis in Dubai accept credit/debit cards?
Yes, the RTA has placed Point of Sale (POS) systems that allow you to simply pay taxi fares using a Nol card as well as a credit/debit card. Additionally, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay can be used as an alternative.
How can Ibook an RTA taxi online?
It is possible to order a ride using the S’hail App, select the Dubai public taxi option, and specify your pickup and drop-off locations. Once you’re finished, click the Book a Taxi button to have the allocated taxi arrive at your destination. In addition to the RTA cab, theDubai metro is another viable alternative if you intend to go by public transportation. Also, if you are interested in taking use of Dubai’s public maritime transportation system, here is a comprehensive guide for you. However, while public transportation in Dubai is convenient, nothing compares to the independence that comes with driving your own automobile.
- You may order a trip using the S’hail App, select the Dubai public taxi option, and specify your pickup and drop-off locations. Upon completion, use the Book a Taxi button to have the designated taxi arrive at your destination. You may also take use of the Dubai metro system if you are going to travel by public transportation. If you are interested in using public maritime transportation in Dubai, you may find a comprehensive guide on it here: Marine Public Transportation in Dubai However, while public transportation in Dubai is convenient, nothing compares to the independence that comes with having your own automobile. As a result, you may go through the list of used vehicles in Dubai on Dubizzle.com.
This brings us to the conclusion of our guide on RTA taxi booking in Dubai. We hope that all of the methods listed above will assist you in obtaining a public taxi in a timely manner. In addition to the RTA, there are various taxi services in Dubai that provide people with a more pleasant mode of transportation.
Travel in comfort and safety with Welcome Pickups. 96 out of 100 reviews in the last 7 days137 reviews Safety Rating (Net Safety Score) As part of our response to the COVID-19 epidemic, we’ve developed a statistic that measures how safe travelers feel when utilizing our services. Upon completion of each voyage, we request that each traveler provide a review.
- A 20-minute interval exists between transfers. Each journey is followed by at least 20 minutes of thorough cleaning of the vehicle’s interior surfaces and ventilation of the cabin by our drivers. Car sanitation should be performed on a regular basis. Our drivers meticulously clean and disinfect their vehicles in accordance with the Welcome Safety Protocol. Ride with no contact When you make your reservation, you may specify that you do not want to communicate with the driver throughout the transfer with a single click. The driver will not assist you with your bags or shake your hand in this situation. Every vehicle should have a hand sanitizer. Every one of our travelers will have access to hand sanitizers and hand wipes courtesy of us. The sanitizer that our drivers apply before and after each ride is provided by us.
Taxis in Dubai
The fact that traveling around Dubai without taking cabs is exceedingly tough will become apparent to you as soon as you set foot in the city. With limited public transportation and excessively high temperatures for wandering about on the streets, Dubai is mostly a taxi-centric city with little public transportation. Fortunately, obtaining a cab in Dubaicouldn’t be much simpler, and riding in one is incredibly comfy as well. You may hail a Dubai taxi from the street, phone for a radio taxi, or walk to one of the 50 official taxi ranks and get into the first vehicle to arrive at the head of the line.
- The Dubai Taxi Corporation also operates a number of other government-licensed vehicles.
- The base fare is 2 euros.
- DRIVERS WHO HAVE BEEN TRAINED Drivers that are fluent in English have been hand selected.
- Quality Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by email and phone.
Taxi fare rates It is the middle of the day (05:00 – 24:00) It is the middle of the night (00:00 – 05:00) Duration From Dubai to Sharjah, it will cost you 9 euros, 10 euros, and 25 euros. TRAVELING FROM DUBAI TO ABU DHABI 60 €62 €1H 40MIN 60 €62 €1H 40MIN
Dubai Taxi Prices
The fact that traveling about Dubai without taking cabs is exceedingly tough will become apparent to you as soon as you set foot in the country. Dubai is mostly a taxi-centric city with limited public transportation and excessively high temperatures for strolling around on the city’s sidewalks and streets. Fortunately, obtaining a cab in Dubaicouldn’t be much easier, and riding in one is incredibly comfy as well. You may hail a Dubai taxi from the street, phone for a radio taxi, or walk to one of the 50 official taxi ranks and get into the first vehicle to arrive at the top of the line.
The vehicles are operated by the Dubai Taxi Corporation and are all fully air-conditioned.
Starting at 2€, the basic fare The cheapest rate per kilometer traveled is 0.45 euros.
Costs of taxis In the middle of the day (05:00 – 24:00) It is the middle of the night; (00:00 – 05:00) Duration The distance between Dubai and Sharjah is 9 euros, 10 euros, and 25 cents.
How to get a Taxi in Dubai
In order to meet the huge demand, there are a large number of taxis traveling about Dubai, ready to pick up their next clients. As a result, you shouldn’t have to stand in the scorching heat for very long before you can be on your way. Taxis in Dubai are all the same color, with a cream body and the Dubai Taxi Corporation insignia on the door of each vehicle. Varied firms, on the other hand, have different colored roofs, including one that is just for ladies called Ladies Taxi, which has a bright pink roof.
If you don’t want to stand in the hot sun waiting for a taxi to pass, you may go to the nearest taxi station and get into the first cab that comes by.
It’s important to note that not many taxi drivers in Dubai are fluent in English, and they aren’t always familiar with the names of the streets in the city.
Instead, they will locate your location based on the landmarks in the area, so you may want to conduct a little study before stepping into a taxi to avoid disappointment.
Book your Dubai Taxi Transfer in Advance
Reserving yourDubai transport in advance gives you the option of using a local Dubai Taxi Corporation car or booking through a third-party service provider. You will be required to pay a 2€ (8 AED) extra during the day and a 2.90€ (12 AED) surcharge during peak hours if you want to book with a local taxi operator. Your fee will be determined based on the distance traveled at the standard rate per kilometer traveled. To schedule a fixed-rate Dubai transport so that you know precisely how much it will cost, contact a private transfer service, such as Welcome Pickups, which specializes in airport transfers.
Dubai Taxi Tips
- Although it is not mandatory to tip your taxi driver in Dubai, it is always appreciated when you do so. If you had a pleasant travel, a gratuity of 5 or 10 AED will go a long way toward making it even better. Make careful to have tiny dollars with you because taxi drivers don’t always have a lot of change on them. The majority of major credit cards are accepted in Dubai cabs. The majority of taxi drivers in Dubai are expats from places such as South Asia, and as a result, they don’t speak much English and are unfamiliar with the city’s roadways. To ensure that your driver arrives at his or her location using the nearest landmark, make sure to look up the landmark before your travel. Before you begin your journey, double-check that your driver has set the taximeter to the right base fare. It is safe for women to ride in cabs in Dubai
- Nevertheless, it is recommended that they sit in the rear seat solely because riding in the front seat might be misinterpreted. There are women-only taxi businesses with exclusively female drivers, which are referred to as Ladies Taxis and feature pink roofs
- There are also women-only limousine services. Baby seats are not provided by Dubai Taxis as a normal feature, so be sure to carry your own.
Wheelchair Accessible Taxis in Dubai
The Al Khair Travel program, launched by the Dubai Taxi Corporation in the first quarter of 2019, allows persons with impairments to ride for free in taxis. With the use of specially designed ramps and chair lifts, all of the vehicles in the Al Khair Ride fleet are totally accessible to those who use wheelchairs. As part of their training to ensure the safety of all handicapped passengers, the drivers are also taught to help those with impairments. In order to reserve an Al Khair Ride cab, please phone the following number: 042080808.
Dubai Taxi Safety and Complaints
The possibility that your taxi driver would attempt to charge you the incorrect fare, be unpleasant, or cause issues during your Dubai transfer exists although it is rare. Alternatively, you can file a complaint with the Road and Transport Authority (RTA) by email or phone if this happens. You may anticipate a response by email within 3 days, and a phone resolution within 7 days if you contact us by phone. RTA:Email:[email protected]:8009090 Before filing a complaint, make a note of the date, time of day, cost, and route of your travel, as well as the license number and name of the driver who provided you with the service.
Frequently asked questions
Taxis in Dubai operate under a government-standardised fare structure that is based on distance traveled using a taximeter. The base fee is determined by the time of day and the location of pickup. It costs 2€ (8 AED) from 6:00 to 22:00, and it costs 2.20€ (8 AED) from 22:00 to 6:00. (9 AED). It is possible to boost the standard fee to 2.90€ by requesting a pickup from a hotel or calling for a cab in advance (12 AED). The price per kilometer, on the other hand, is always 0.45€. (1.82 AED).
Are taxis in Dubai safe?
Dubai Taxi Corporation regulates and regulates all taxis in the city, which means that all taxi drivers and cars must adhere to tight laws and rules. Women might even take use of customized cabs that are available in the city. These pink-topped vehicles are driven by female drivers and are available 24 hours a day.
Although this has been said, if you have any concerns during your ride, such as overcharging or impolite behavior, you may contact the Road and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai through email at [email protected] or telephone at 8009009.
Do taxis in Dubai accept credit cards?
Yes, all cabs in Dubai are equipped with the technology necessary to take debit, credit, and Nol cards. But there are instances when these devices aren’t working properly, so if you need to pay with a credit or debit card, make sure to ask your driver before getting into the cab.
How to Order a Taxi in Dubai
Dubai’s public transportation is well-known for being dependable, luxurious, and efficient; nevertheless, what is less well-known is that it is heavily reliant on taxis. The metro only covers a small region of the city, and there are no tram stations or inner-city trains that service the entire city, hence taxis account for a significant share of Dubai’s public transportation. As a visitor to the city, your first objective should be to become as familiar as possible with the public transportation system.
Don’t be concerned, this advice will assist you in obtaining your first taxi in Dubai.
- Taxis in Dubai are available in a variety of configurations, including government-run and privately owned cars. Taxis with cream roofs are run by the government, while those with pink roofs are driven by women. There are also special need taxis, which are luxury and custom-designed with the comfort of passengers in mind. Recommended: Taxi Types in Dubai
- Types of Taxis in Dubai
Where to Get a Taxi
- The drivers of all taxis may either be waved along the street and signaled to stop, or their offices can be phoned to make reservations in advance. Taxis may also be obtained at the taxi ranks that can be located all across the city of Dubai. Aside from that, you may also reserve a taxi by sending an SMS to 4774
- It is possible to identify a pink-roofed taxi, which is particularly designed for women and families, if you are a lady concerned about public transportation in a foreign place
- These taxis are driven solely by females and are specifically designated for women and families. 4
Keep a Map
- Get a map of the city, highlight the location of the airport, and make a list of all the main landmarks in the area. You will be able to recognize places (which is enjoyable), but you will also have a broad feel of where you are going when taking a cab this way
Don’t Use Private Taxis
- Never take a private cab service. They are against the law and can be dangerous. Using private carpooling may potentially result in a fine, according to the law.
Taxis to bePreferred
- Because they are owned by the government, cream-colored cabs should be given preference over other colors. The following cabs are often regarded as the safest and most dependable in the city: 7
Traveling Across Emirates via Taxi
- In the United Arab Emirates, each emirate has its own taxi license, thus if you’re traveling within Dubai, you should only use a cab that is registered in Dubai. Similarly, if you need to go to Sharjah from Dubai, you need hire a cab that is registered in Sharjah. Furthermore, please in note that there are additional fees for traveling to another emirate
Tipping the Drivers
- Finally, but certainly not least, unlike in New York, there is no requirement to tip taxi drivers in Singapore. It is entirely up to you, and while the majority of people do not tip, there are some who will give as much as Dh. 15 or Dh. 20
Finally, but certainly not least, unlike in New York, there is no requirement to tip taxi drivers. The choice is yours, and while most people do not tip, there are others who offer as much as Dh. 15 or Dh. 20; it is all up to you.
Dubai Airport Transfers, Taxi Dubai
Last but not least, unlike in New York, there is no requirement to tip taxi drivers. It is entirely up to you, and while the majority of people do not tip, there are those that offer as much as Dh. 15 or Dh. 20;
- When filling out the booking form, choose your options for pickup and drop-off from the list of possible routes. By clicking on the “book online” option, you may calculate the total amount owed and choose the type of car that will be used. Please fill out your personal information, flight information, and cell phone number, and then confirm your payment with your credit or debit card (or PayPal). Your reservation will be processed and confirmed automatically, and you will receive all of the necessary information via email immediately
Meet and greet at the arrivals lounge. Transportation to and from Dubai International Airport is hassle-free: Please meet our driver in the arrivals area after you have cleared customs and claimed your bags. Instructions for the meeting will be included with your service voucher. In the event of a flight delay, we will rearrange your pickup time at no additional charge. Payments Made in a Secure Environment You may book a transfer with Book Taxi Dubai in a safe and secure manner using your credit card, American Express, JCB, Visa, Visa Electron, or PayPal account.
All information is handled solely between you and our bank, and the page is encoded, making it difficult for third parties to read what you are saying.
Getting around in Dubai
Its population is comparable to that of Chicago, Berlin, and Madrid, but it is so dispersed that it takes up to six times the total square miles of those cities when compared to Dubai. In order to get about in Dubai, you’ll need to use some type of transportation. You may do this by hiring a cab, utilizing ridesharing apps like Uber or Careem, taking public transportation, or driving yourself. The following are the most efficient modes of transportation in Dubai. Editor’s note: If you are considering a trip during COVID-19, be sure to check the most recent travel restrictions before you leave.
Also, always follow government health recommendations. Events may be subject to change without notice. Even if traffic might be difficult, it is worthwhile to rent a car for day excursions from Dubai. Images courtesy of Mint Images / Getty Images
Renting a car for day excursions from Dubai is a viable alternative because of the well-maintained multi-lane motorways, plenty of filling stations, and low-cost gasoline. Nonetheless, driving in Dubai itself is not recommended for those who are prone to nervousness due to the fact that local driving styles are somewhat erratic, and navigating seven- or eight-lane freeways may be pretty frightening at first. Distances may be misleading, especially when traveling long distances. The combination of heavy traffic, diversions, and endless red lights can rapidly transform a three-mile commute into an hour-long ordeal.
On Friday afternoons, the roads are also congested, particularly in and around retail malls, beaches, and family activities.
When it comes to navigation, Google Maps does a respectable job.
Taxis are the most efficient mode of transportation in Dubai.
Renting a car for day excursions from Dubai is a viable choice due to the well-maintained multi-lane motorways, plenty of filling stations, and low cost of gasoline. Drivers should be aware that driving in Dubai itself is not recommended for the faint of heart, since local driving habits are quite ad hoc, and navigating seven or eight lane motorways can be a bit intimidating at first. Long distances can be misleading since they appear to be so short. The combination of heavy traffic, diversions, and endless red lights can easily transform a three-mile commute into an hour-long ordeal in no time.
- On Friday afternoons, traffic is also congested, particularly in and near retail malls, beaches, and family activities.
- If you need help finding your way, Google Maps is a good option.
- Download it today.
- Collection of EschCollection / Getty Images
Uber and Careem
Renting a car for day excursions from Dubai is a viable choice thanks to well-maintained multi-lane highways, an abundant supply of petrol stations, and low gas prices. Nonetheless, driving in Dubai itself is not recommended for those who are prone to nervousness due to the fact that local driving styles are somewhat erratic, and navigating seven- or eight-lane freeways may be pretty terrifying at first. Distances may be misleading when compared to other things. Heavy traffic, delays, and endless red lights can easily convert a three-mile drive into an hour-long adventure.
and 9 a.m., 1 p.m.
On Friday afternoons, traffic is also heavy, particularly in and near retail malls, beaches, and family activities.
When it comes to navigation, Google Maps is a reasonable option. The RTA Smart Drive app, which is available for free on Google Play and the Apple app store, is a good local option. Taxis are the quickest mode of transportation in Dubai. Getty Images / EschCollection
A variety of modes of public transportation are provided by the Roads and Transportation Authority, including: the Dubai Metro, buses, water buses, and tramways. In order to organize your trip, you may use the RTA app S’hail, which consolidates all local transportation alternatives on an one platform, as well as taxi reservations and real-time traffic conditions. Purchase a rechargeable pass (Nol Card;nolis is Arabic for “fee”) at a ticket office or vending machine prior to boarding public transportation in your destination.
- The Metro is the most cost-effective mode of transportation in Dubai.
- In addition, the Dubai Metro connects all areas, with the Red Line stopping at or near significant attractions along Sheikh Zayed Road and in the neighborhoods of Bur Dubai and Deira, as well as in other neighborhoods.
- There are four normal cars on each train, as well as one car that is separated into two sections: a women’s-only part and a “Gold Class” section, where a double fee gets you carpets and leather seats.
- Massive paintings adorn several of the support pillars of the Dubai Metro system, bringing a splash of color to the otherwise gray metropolis.
The RTA runs buses on more than 120 routes, with the majority of those lines servicing low-income commuters as their primary destination. Clean, pleasant, air-conditioned buses are available at a reasonable price; but, they are sluggish. Women and children are often assigned seats in the first few rows of the seating area. It is necessary to use Nol Cards to pay the fares, which vary from Dhs3 (80 cents) to Dhs8.50 ($2.30). Traditional abras (water taxis) continue to convey people between the two banks of Dubai Creek today.
Abras are traditional wooden boats that are powered and connect the two sides of Dubai Creek. They are one of the most intriguing modes of transportation in Dubai and can be seen on both banks of the creek. A small number of paths connect the districts of Bur Dubai and Deira, and they are ideal for consumers who want to explore the markets on both sides of the water. Dhs1 (30 cents) or Dhs2 (55 cents) depending on the route, the abra ride is rapid and takes less than ten minutes. Abras leave when they are fully loaded (usually around 20 passengers), which is rarely more than a few minutes.
Nol Cards are accepted for usage on the Water Bus. The Palm Jumeirah Monorail transports passengers along the palm’s “trunk” to the Atlantis resort and casino. Images courtesy of Leonid Andronov / Getty Images
The Palm Jumeirah Monorail, which is elevated and driverless, connects the Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina. Atlantis Aquaventure is located at the Atlantis The Palm hotel and is accessible by the Palm Gateway station at the “trunk,” Al Ittihad Park near the Galleria Mall, the Nakheel Mall, and the Al Ittihad Park station near the Galleria Mall. The Pointe, a new station that is slated to open shortly, is a continuation of the existing network. Traveling the 3.5-mile distance takes around 12 minutes and costs Dhs20 ($5.45).
At Palm Gateway, the monorail links with the Dubai Tram system.
It connects the Palm Jumeirah with Dubai Marina by use of an elevated, driverless monorail. Atlantis Aquaventure is located at the Atlantis The Palm hotel and is accessible by the Palm Gateway station at the “trunk,” Al Ittihad Park near the Galleria Mall, Nakheel Mall and Palm Gateway station. According to current plans, a new station called The Pointe will open shortly. Approximately 12 minutes and Dhs20 ($5.45) are required for the 3.5-mile journey. Every 15 minutes, a train will arrive. When you arrive at Palm Gateway, the monorail will link you to Dubai Tram.
Because Dubai was the first city in the Middle East to implement a bicycle-sharing program, it has had one in place since 2013. A fleet of almost 800 pay-as-you-go bicycles have been deployed on Dubai’s streets as part of the latest iteration, which is jointly operated by RTA and Careem. The objective is to have 3500 rentable bicycles as part of the program during the next five years, which will be able to be docked at 350 solar-powered stations across the city throughout that time period. Cycling has been identified as a top priority by the government, which has already built 265 miles of riding pathways around Dubai, with ambitions to extend the network to more than 400 miles by the year 2023.
Photograph by Westend61 / Getty Images
As the first city in the Middle East to implement a bicycle-sharing program, Dubai has been operating one since 2013. A fleet of almost 800 pay-as-you-go bicycles have been deployed on Dubai’s streets as part of the latest iteration, which is jointly operated by RTA and Careem The plan is to have 3500 rentable bicycles as part of the program within the next five years, which will be able to be docked at 350 solar-powered stations across the city throughout that time period. Cycle routes have been built around Dubai, with plans to extend the network to more than 400 miles by 2023.
Walking around Dubai’s older neighborhoods and historic areas is a pleasurable activity.
Accessible transportation in Dubai
Since 2013, Dubai has operated a bicycle-sharing program, making it the first city in the Middle East to do so. Dubai’s latest iteration, which is operated by RTA and Careem, has introduced a fleet of almost 800 pay-per-use bicycles to the streets of the Emirate. The objective is to have 3500 rentable bicycles as part of the system within the next five years, which will be able to be docked at 350 solar-powered stations across the city. Cycling has been identified as a top priority by the government, which has already built 265 miles of bicycle lanes around Dubai, with ambitions to extend the network to more than 400 miles by 2023.
Walking through Dubai’s older neighborhoods and historic areas is a nice experience. courtesy of Westend61 / Getty Images
Book Your Alternative to a Taxi in Dubai
The chauffeur will wait for you for no additional fee for 15 minutes.
Travel with confidence, knowing that your safety is our number one concern. Health and cleanliness standards that are second to none complete the picture of a first-rate service.
Seamless airport travel
Enjoy 1 hour of complimentary wait time as well as flight monitoring while you wait.
Expect to pay all-inclusive rates — which include all taxes, gratuities, and tolls — that have been verified before booking. I’m more than just a chauffeur; I’m also your OPTION TO THE AIRPLANE MODE. BLACKLANE CHAUFFEUR is based in Berlin.
Taxi Alternative in Dubai
Because Dubai International Airport is located in the heart of the city, and despite the fact that public transportation is rather efficient, the heat may be uncomfortable – therefore let Blacklane to carry you from the aircraft to your hotel in luxury. Unlike a taxi, our high-quality airport transfers in Dubai include an hour of waiting time from your driver, who will stay by the gate while you go through immigration and baggage claim before transporting your belongings to your waiting vehicle.
Limousine hire in Dubai
With an economy that has diversified away from oil and towards tourism, industry, and banking, Dubai has emerged as the cultural and commercial capital of the Middle East. The city is constantly expanding and has been planned around the automobile, which, combined with the oppressive desert heat, makes Blacklane’s air-conditioned limousine service in Dubai an excellent way to travel around. First Class, for when you need to arrive in style, such as to dinner at AT.MOSPHERE, located on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
Professional chauffeur in Dubai
Dubai is a city for individuals who want to be on the go – from busy business people to passengers on long airport layovers, time is always of the essence. As a result, our skilled chauffeurs are accessible around the clock, whether you want an early morning airport shuttle or a late-night ride back to your hotel after a nightclub or restaurant. You may also hire us to transport you from Dubai to Abu Dhabi for all of your business and travel requirements. Our automobiles may be rented by the hour, ensuring that you always have a reliable and qualified operator on hand when you need him or her.
The Blacklane app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices, makes it easy to book our taxi alternative in Dubai quickly and securely.
Abu Dhabi Taxi – Apps on Google Play
Abu Dhabi Cab is a mobile application that allows you to book a taxi. You can catch a taxi in less than ten minutes if you hurry. An intuitive application that allows you to order a cab in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from your present position, as detected by your phone’s GPS. What’s more, there is more. Registration: Users can create an account in the program and preserve their profile information there. Request a Taxi: Request a taxi right now, specifying your chosen taxi type and pick-up location in the message box.
- Cancellation of Booking: The user has the option to cancel the taxi reservation.
- User Profile: The user has the ability to examine and change his or her own information.
- Favorites: The user may now store and update the place of his or her choice.
- History: The user may see all of his previously scheduled taxi journeys, as well as the specifics of each trip.
- Changes to the map: By modifying the base map of the program, the user may now see the map in a variety of different ways.
- You may provide us with feedback on your taxi ride by using the “Feedback” feature.
Dubai Airport Taxi
Every Detail You’ll Need to Know About Airport Taxis at Dubai International Airport It is no surprise that Dubai, the Emirate of Dubai’s capital city, has quickly established itself as a top tourist destination, attracting visitors with its five-star restaurants and hotels, as well as its beautiful beaches, unbeatably sunny weather, a wide range of activities and sightseeing, and shopping opportunities ranging from souvenirs to high-end designer boutiques.
- Moreover, the vast majority of visitors to Dubai on vacation will arrive via Dubai International Airport (DXB), which is designated by the International Air Transport Association as the most important airport in the world.
- You may take a bus, hire a vehicle, use the Metro system, or hail a cab to get about.
- In addition, the Dubai Taxi Corporation, a government body, runs the cabs at the airport, and the official cars are painted cream, making them simple to spot when you’re in need of transportation.
- As soon as you’ve arrived at the airport and collected your belongings, simply follow the instructions in your terminal to the taxi stand.
- Considering that taxis are readily available 24 hours a day, you should be in a position to hail one regardless of what time your aircraft arrives.
- to 2 a.m., special taxis are available for handicapped clients, and women can also book female-driven taxis during this time period.
- Taxis from Dubai International Airport are metered, which means that the longer the journey, the more money it will cost because the ride is paid by the amount of time spent and the distance traveled.
- A 25 AED premium will be applied if you take a cab during the night hours between 10pm and 6am, however there will be no cost applied during the other hours.
- If you want to travel into the city center, it will cost 45 AED, whilst a journey to Bur Dubai will cost around 30 AED.
- Plan for a longer travel if you are using a taxi during peak periods such as rush hour, and a shorter journey if you are taking a cab during off-peak periods.
It is not mandatory to tip a taxi driver while taking a journey from the airport to Dubai; nevertheless, it is usual to leave a modest tip if the ride was swift and smooth, and the driver was kind and accommodating. Please visit this page to check prices or to pre-book your Dubai Airport Taxi.
Top Tips For Avoiding Scams With Dubai Airport Taxis
If you’re planning a trip to Dubai, you’ll almost certainly begin your journey by arriving at Dubai International Airport. In order to go from the airport to the city center, which is around 15 miles away, you’ll need to figure out how you’re going to get there (about 24 kilometers). There are a variety of transportation alternatives accessible at the airport, including public buses, rental vehicles, Metro trains, and hailing a cab to bring you to your destination. The great majority of taxi drivers at Dubai International Airport are well-trained, drive safely, and are courteous to their passengers in all situations.
- There are taxi pickup standards outside of Terminals 1, 2, and 3 that you may use.
- If you become lost at the airport, you should only rely on airport workers to direct you to the cabs.
- This type of offer should be respectfully declined or simply ignored because these unlicensed drivers typically demand far higher prices than official taxis.
- The Dubai Taxi Corporation is the government body in charge of managing taxis at the airport, but sadly, even in official taxis, there is still a small chance that a driver may attempt to defraud a passenger.
- Taxi journeys from Dubai International Airport are paid on a time and distance basis rather than a flat rate, and some unscrupulous drivers have been known to tack on extra charges or otherwise fiddle with the meter to increase their profits.
- The normal beginning fee for an airport taxi is 12 United Arab Emirates dirham (AED).
- Nonetheless, it’s crucial to remember that certain fees are genuine; for example, if you’re flying between the hours of 10pm and 6am, you’ll have to pay a 25 AED extra, which is a legitimate fee.
If, on the other hand, the travel was smooth, speedy, and the driver was kind, you should consider leaving a tip to show your appreciation.
FAQ About Dubai International Airport Taxis
The Dubai Taxi Corporation is in charge of taxi services from the airport into the city center and elsewhere. There are traditional four-door cars, special vehicles for disabled passengers, and taxis that are driven by women specifically for women to provide them with extra peace of mind while traveling in the UAE’s capital. After you have gathered your belongings, check for signs within the terminal directing you to the designated taxi pickup place, or contact a member of the airport personnel for assistance in locating the location.
Depending on your precise location, the airport is around 15 miles (24 kilometers) away from the city of Dubai.
While the journey will be shorter during quiet travel periods, it will take longer at busy travel times, such as during rush hour.
No, since these are unlicensed drivers who are not permitted to pick up passengers from their locations.
Unfortunately, even legitimate taxi drivers may attempt to defraud you from your money.
Alternatively, they may charge a fare that is significantly greater than the typical 12 United Arab Emirates dirham (AED) baseline.
If you take a cab from the airport between the hours of 10 p.m.
You should have a short wait for a taxi into Dubai because taxis are available at the airport 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you should not have a problem getting a ride into the city no matter what time of day your flight arrives.
Although not required, if your driver transported you from the airport to your ultimate location in a safe, clean, and courteous manner, you should consider providing them with a gratuity as a gesture of appreciation.