What are fun things to do in Dubai?
- In Dubai, you can enjoy Jet-skiing, snow skiing, desert safari, scuba diving, hot air balloon ride etc. And the most interesting part is you can enjoy all these things in a single day. I prefer jet skiing most. Jet skiing in Dubai is the funniest thing I’ve ever enjoyed.
How can I spend a day in Dubai?
One Day In Dubai Itinerary
- Go for an early morning balloon ride.
- Have fun at Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark.
- Check out Burj Al Arab.
- Explore the Souks of Dubai.
- Cross the Dubai Creek.
- Check out Burj Khalifa.
- Visit the Dubai Fountains.
- Take a break for lunch.
How can I spend my free time in Dubai?
Guide to the best free things to do in Dubai
- Visit Aquaventure Waterpark.
- Visit Coffee Museum Dubai.
- Ride an abra.
- Check out the art at AlSerkal Avenue.
- Go camping.
- Hit the beach.
- See the Ras Al Khor flamingos.
- Free walking tour of Dubai.
What can you do in Dubai for 2 hours?
Short layover in Dubai – see the best in just a few hours
- Dubai Fountain Show as seen from the top of Burj Khalifa.
- Dubai Aquarium.
- Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah Beach.
- Dinner cruise views of Dubai Marina.
- 4WD desert safari.
Is 4 nights enough in Dubai?
While you surely could see the main tourist attractions in only two days, three days in Dubai is a good amount of time to see a bit more of the city. And four days in Dubai is actually even better.
Are 5 days enough for Dubai?
If interested in planning a Dubai itinerary, then a stay of about 5 days is the best amount of time to squeeze all of the tourism juices out of this illustrious middle eastern gem. From luxury to style to architecture—it boasts of the tallest building in the whole world: the Burj Khalifa.
What can you see in Dubai in 2 days?
Weekend In Dubai Itinerary – Two Days In Dubai to See Top Attractions
- Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Dubai Tour.
- Ski Dubai.
- Mall Of The Emirates.
- Dubai Mall & Dubai Fountains.
- Dubai Festival City.
- Aquaventure and The Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis The Palm.
- Sunset Dinner Cruise in Dubai Marina.
What should I know before visiting Dubai?
10 things to know before you arrive in Dubai
- Visit between October and April.
- Look at flights six months ahead.
- Book your hotel months in advance.
- Show respect during Ramadan.
- Dress modestly.
- Ask permission before taking pictures.
- Should you tip?
- Don’t just give your taxi driver an address.
What is free in UAE?
20 places to visit in the UAE for free or less than Dh20
- Abra Ride. Image Credit: Sankha Kar/Gulf News.
- Jebel Hafeet. Image Credit: Arshad Ali/Gulf News Archive.
- Hatta Pools.
- Al Mamzar Park.
- Shaikh Saeed Al Maktoum’s House.
- Al Ain Classic Car Museum.
- Sharjah Arts Museum.
- Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
What to do when you are bored in Dubai?
7 things to do if you are new and bored in Dubai
- Options Reel Cinemas, Vox Cinemas, Novo Cinemas, Lamcy Cinemas, Roxy Cinemas.
- Options JBR Beach, Umm Al Quwain beach, Jumeirah Open Beach, 4×4 Beach, Bu Qtair Beach, Palace Beach, Umm Suqeim Park Beach, Mercato Beach.
Where can I go alone in Dubai?
Check out this list that comes with the best things to do in Dubai alone. Things to Do Alone in Dubai
- Burj Khalifa. What is this?
- The Dubai Mall.
- Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood.
- Dubai Miracle Garden.
- Palm Fountain.
- Global Village.
- Desert Safari.
Do Emirates put you up in a hotel?
We’ll provide you with a complimentary hotel stay so you can enjoy some down time before your next flight.
Can you wear shorts in Dubai?
What should tourists wear in Dubai? When visiting Dubai as a tourist, you will be glad to know that the dress code in tourist places and hotels isn’t very strict. Men can wear shorts, pants, shirts, or t-shirts. Women can wear dresses, skirts, shorts, and t-shirts, blouses, tops…
Can you drink alcohol in Dubai?
Drinking Is A-OK, in the Right Places Tourists are permitted to drink in licensed restaurants, hotels and bars attached to licensed hotels. It is unacceptable and punishable to drink in public places—even beaches. Dubai is incredibly strict about public drunkenness and has zero tolerance for drinking and driving.
One Day in Dubai Itinerary – Top things to do in Dubai, UAE
If you’re visiting Dubai for the first time, you might be thinking how to see the most amazing attractions in the shortest amount of time. As a result, we’ve put together a day-long schedule that will allow you to explore the most important sights in Dubai. As a result, whether you’re here on business or as a stopover, you’ll be able to take advantage of everything this gorgeous city has to offer. We propose that you stay at a hotel close to the airport in order to save time and be able to easily access all of the city’s attractions via the Metro.
One day in Dubai is not enough.
src=” alt=”One Day in Dubai Itinerary” src=” src=” alt=”One Day in Dubai Itinerary” src=”” srcset=srcset=srcset “ssl=1 800w, ssl=1 300w, ssl=1 768w, ssl=1 450w, ssl=1 600w, ssl=1 60w, ssl=1 550w, ssl=1 400w, ssl=1 220w, ssl=1 450w, ssl=1 600w, ssl=1 60w, ” sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” styles=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” data-recalc-dims=”1″> The Dubai Wikia is a guest post by NEHABLOG.
What’s The Best Time To Visit Dubai?
You might be wondering how to see the most stunning views in Dubai if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands. Here are some suggestions. As a result, we’ve put together a day-long schedule that will allow you to experience the highlights of Dubai. Consequently, whether you’re in town for work or just for a layover, you’ll be able to take advantage of all this glitzy metropolis has to offer. In order to save time and be able to access all of the city’s attractions through the Metro, we propose that you stay at a hotel near the airport.
Dubai for a single day Plan your trip with us.” Strict Transport Security (SSL) is required for data-medium-file.
loading=”lazy” a width of 723 pixels and a height of 542 pixels src=” alt=”One Day in Dubai Itinerary” src=” alt=”One Day in Dubai Itinerary” src=” alt=”” The source set is defined as follows: srcset “SSL=1 800 watts, SSL=1 300 watts, SSL=1 768 watt, SSL=1 450 watts, SSL=1 600 watt, SSL=1 30 watts, SSL=1 60 watt, SSL=1 550 watt, SSL=1 400 watt, SSL=1 220watt, SSL=1 800 watts, SSL=1 300 watts, SSL=1 768 watts, SSL=1 220watt, SSL=1 2 ” the following sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” the following sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw” the following sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” data-recalc-dims=”1″> The Dubai Wikia is a guest post written by NehaBlog.
A few facts about Dubai
In its earliest forms, Dubai dates back to the beginning of the 18th century, and for around one hundred years, it was a little settlement with a population of less than 1000 people. However, as a result of its geographic location, it grew into a significant trading center, and in the 1960s, it was the world’s center of gold commerce. By the end of that decade, oil had been found, resulting in a massive infrastructural expansion. In a few of years, the city had more than quadrupled in size and had begun to attract a large number of residents.
The remainder is derived from financial services, tourism, and a variety of other types of commerce.
loading=”lazy” a width of 723 pixels and a height of 482 pixels src=” alt=”Dubai” src=”” srcset=srcset=srcset “The following values are used: ssl=1 1024w, ssl=1 300w, ssl=1 768w, ssl=1 450w, ssl=1 675w, ssl=1 60w,ssl=1 550w, ssl=1 220w.
Sizes are as follows: (max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” data-recalc-dims=”1″> Dubai, United Arab Emirates Submitted by Tobias Scheck and obtained via Flickr.
One Day In Dubai Itinerary
When traveling on a tight schedule, follow this guide to make the most of your experience. These are the most important sites and activities to see and do in Dubai during a single day.
Go for an early morning balloon ride
In the event that you decide that this is what you want to do to start your day in Dubai (and it is highly recommended), you will be picked up from your hotel and transported to the launch location at the crack of dawn. After that, you’ll be on a hot air balloon, floating gracefully above the billowing sand dunes while watching the desert sunrise rise above the city below. The experience of flying with falcons at 4,000 feet above the ground has a positive effect on your heart. Once you’ve landed, you’ll have time to clean up in a private desert conservation reserve, have a gourmet breakfast, and make your way back to your hotel by 9 a.m.
Dubai’s Hot Air Balloon Ride ” data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ loading=”lazy” a width of 723 pixels and a height of 482 pixels src=”alt=”Dubai Hot Air Balloon”>src=”alt=”Dubai Hot Air Balloon”>src=” alt=”Dubai Hot Air Balloon”>src=” alt=”Dubai Hot Air Balloon”>src=” alt=”Dubai Hot Air Balloon”>src=” alt=”Dubai Hot Air Balloon”>src=” alt=”Dubai Hot Air Balloon”>src=” alt=”Du” srcset=srcset=srcset “The following values are used: ssl=1 1024w, ssl=1 300w, ssl=1 768w, ssl=1 450w, ssl=1 675w, ssl=1 60w,ssl=1 550w, ssl=1 220w.
” sizes Equals sizing” (max-width: 723px) 100vw x 723px x 100vw” Hot Air Balloon Ride in Dubai (data-recalc-dims=”1″>
Have fun at Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark
Spending your morning in this incredible location is always a good idea if you’re looking for some good clean fun or even some adrenaline-pumping excitement. In fact, Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark has its own private beach, which you can enjoy after you’ve had enough of the spectacular waterslides all around you (which isn’t easy when you’re having so much fun). Whatever your circumstances, whether you’re traveling alone or with your entire family, there’s something for everyone here.
Check out Burj Al Arab
An astounding amount of travelers include a visit to this renowned structure as a must stop on their one-day tour of Dubai, making it a must-see. Although the Burj Al Arab is a hotel, and one of the world’s tallest at that, it has become one of Dubai’s most recognizable landmarks as a result of its stunning architecture. Because of its sail-like appearance, it has earned several awards throughout the years for its aesthetic appeal and functionality. While common mortals will have difficulty booking a stay here, it is unquestionably a beautiful location to photograph and one of the most important things to visit in Dubai.
Explore the Souks of Dubai
What should I see after such a fantastic ride? Simply take the Metro to Al Ras Station, which is 400 meters from Deira, and from there, you can explore the Spice and Gold Souks of Dubai. Enjoy strolling through window after window of the most costly gold, piles of herbs and spices, silk shawls, handicrafts, and other treasures on display. Make a deal and buy something to take home with you. You will not be disappointed if you include this destination on your Dubai itinerary. The Spice Souks of Dubai” data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ loading=”lazy” a width of 723 pixels and a height of 482 pixels src=”alt=”Dubai’s Spice Souks” title=”Dubai’s Spice Souks”” srcset=srcset=srcset “The following values are used: ssl=1 1024w, ssl=1 300w, ssl=1 768w, ssl=1 450w, ssl=1 675w, ssl=1 60w,ssl=1 550w, ssl=1 220w.
” sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” styles=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” The Spice Souks of Dubai have a data-recalc-dims=”1″>
Cross the Dubai Creek
The old Dubai Creek may be found directly in front of the Deira souks. To get to Bur Dubai, take a ‘Abra’ (a long-boat) across the creek to the opposite side of the waterway. In that portion of the city, you may go exploring and shopping. What exactly is there to see here? You really must pay a visit to the ancient and magnificent Sheikh Mohammed Mosque. Dubai Creek is a waterway that runs through the city. “The data-medium-file attribute has been set to 1; the data-large-file attribute has been set to 1; and the loading attribute has been set to sluggish.
” sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” styles=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” Data-recalc-dims=”1″> Dubai Creek, by Subramanya Prasad, courtesy of Flickr.com
Check out Burj Khalifa
A visit to this fantastic monument is perhaps the most wonderful thing you can do and see in Dubai in a day, out of all the things you can do and see there. You will be dropped off at theBurj KhalifaMetro Station, which is only 13 kilometers away from Deira. Purchase an entry ticket for AED 300 and proceed to the observation deck on the 148th level to take in a spectacular view of the city below. A spectacular sight from every aspect, the 828-meter-tall world’s tallest structure is a sight to see.
Author: Rob Young, image courtesy of Flickr The Downtown Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
Visit the Dubai Fountains
The Burj Lake, in front of the Burj Khalifa, is home to the world’s largest choreographed fountains, which are the largest in the world. Watch as water jets rise up to 140 meters in the air. Every half-hour, a new program is presented, with a fresh design and tune each time. Don’t forget to take a trip on the Dubai Fountain water ride as well. It is an exclusive, entertaining, and incredibly interesting activity that you must participate in.
Take a break for lunch
The Dubai Mall is located just across the street from the Burj Khalifa. Spend your lunch hour at one of the many excellent restaurants in the food court. Pappa Roti serves delicious Indian cuisine, and Five Guys serves you some of the best burgers around. You may also go through the list of restaurants in this shopping center to see if there is something that meets your needs better. Dubai Mall is a shopping mall in Dubai, United Arab Emirates “data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ loading=”lazy” a width of 723 pixels and a height of 482 pixels theDubai Mall” src=” alt=”The Dubai Mall”” If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any questions about our products or services.
If you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” styles=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” data-recalc-dims=”1″> Dubai Mall, Photographer: Pyb, Image Source: Flickr
Explore the Dubai Mall
If you’re not sure what to do next in Dubai, the aforementioned mall, with its 1000 stores spread across four storeys, will provide plenty of options. You may, for example, visit the Dubai Theme Park, the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, and the Dubai Ice Rink, all of which are indoor attractions. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is a world-class aquarium and underwater zoo.” data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ loading=”lazy” a width of 723 pixels and a height of 482 pixels theDubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo” src=” alt=”The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo”” If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any questions about our products or services.
If you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] sizes=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” styles=”(max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, which has data-recalc-dims=”1″> Author: Matt Lowe, image courtesy of Flickr
Alternatively, if you are looking for something to do with your children in Dubai for the day, KidZania, located only 3 minutes from Dubai Mall, is an interactive ‘city’ for children, complete with kid-sized buildings, automobiles, offices, and parks. Within this facility, children may work at any profession, wear uniforms, receive career guidance and even receive pay in KidZos, and they can also drive little automobiles around!
Check out the SEGA Republic
Instead of worrying about what to do with your children in Dubai for the day, KidZania is a fun interactive ‘city’ for children that is only three minutes away from the Dubai Mall and has kid-sized buildings, automobiles, offices, and parks. Here, kids may work at any job, wear uniforms, get career guidance and even get paid in KidZos while also driving about in mini-cars!
Enjoy an evening Cruise
When traveling without children, skip KidZania and SEGA Republic and instead take a Metro train to Dubai Marina, where you may go on a boat trip. It is critical that you book your cruise in advance. Cruise around Dubai’s coastline on a motor Gulf Craft boat for two hours, passing by the Burj Al Arab, the Palm Atlantis, and the Palm Jumeirah islands. If you take the Metro line from SEGA Republic to the Dubai Marina, it will take you 23 minutes.
Stop for dinner
The yacht leaves you off in the Dubai Marina, where you may dine in one of the many adjacent restaurants after your cruise. Because the Dubai Marina mall offers a spectacular shopping experience as well as various high-end restaurants, you can conclude your one-day tour of this amazing city here. Once supper is finished, just return to your hotel for the night by taking the Metro back to your location. Dubai Marina is a waterfront development in Dubai. “The data-medium-file attribute has been set to 1; the data-large-file attribute has been set to 1; and the loading attribute has been set to sluggish.
Sizes are as follows: (max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” data-recalc-dims=”1″> Dubai Marina, United Arab Emirates Contributor: Gilles Messian, Image courtesy of Flickr
Where to stay in Dubai?
The Park Regis Boutique Hotel is a luxurious retreat in the heart of the city “data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=” ssl=1″ loading=”lazy” data-large-file=” ssl=1″ loading=”lazy” width=”723″ height=”482″ park regis boutique hotel” src=” alt=”Park Regis Boutique Hotel”” srcset=srcset=srcset “The following values are used: ssl=1 1024w, ssl=1 300w, ssl=1 768w, ssl=1 450w, ssl=1 675w, ssl=1 60w,ssl=1 550w, ssl=1 220w.
” sizes=” sizes=” sizes=” sizes=” sizes=” (max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” data-recalc-dims=”1″ data-recalc-dims=”1 “> The following is an example of a formalized formalized formalized
Park Regis Boutique Hotel
Al Thany Street is located on 325 Road. It takes only two minutes to walk to the beach from the JumeirahPark Regis Boutique Hotel, which is nicely equipped and contemporary. Guests can take a daytime swim or an evening stroll along the beach. The rooms are bright, modern, and quirky, with a hint of a beachy feel to them, and some of them have a view of the surrounding city. CLICK HERE TO RESERVE A ROOM The Rove Trade Center is located in the heart of the city. ” In both cases, the data-medium-file attribute is set to 1 and the data-large-file attribute is set to 1.
Sizes are as follows: (max-width: 723px) 100vw, 723px” data-recalc-dims=”1″>
Trade Center on the 2nd of December Road in Jafiliya Rove Hotels are stylish, hassle-free, and reasonably priced accommodations that can be found around Dubai. They are all equipped with contemporary and large rooms, as well as a broad choice of amenities like as an outdoor pool, fitness center, restaurant, and bar on site. Choose your favorite based on where it is located. CLICK HERE TO RESERVE A ROOM
Day trips from Dubai
If you want to get more out of your time to Dubai, you may sign up for a number of one-day trips that are available. A day trip from Dubai may take you everywhere you want to go, whether it’s to other intriguing cities or to the breathtaking natural beauty of this region of the globe.
A dramatic transformation has taken place in Abu Dhabi, the country’s capital and the city that serves as its administrative center. Its modest beginnings, on the other hand, have resulted in some spectacular sights that may still be enjoyed today. The Heritage Village will teach you all you need to know, and the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque, which is constructed entirely of white marble, is a sight to see. Of course, you shouldn’t miss out on the Ferrari World theme park, which offers hours of entertainment.
A dramatic transformation has taken place in Abu Dhabi, the country’s capital and the city’s most populous district. Its poor roots, on the other hand, have left some wonderful sights to behold that are worth seeing.
This will be explained in detail in the Heritage Village, and the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque, which is constructed entirely of white marble, is a sight to behold. There’s also the Ferrari World theme park, which offers hours of exciting entertainment for the whole family.
What does a desert journey sound like to you? In that case, Dubai can accommodate you, since there are several day tours available that will take you out into the desert, where you may even have the opportunity to meet Bedouins. However, if you find yourself behind the wheel of a 4×4 vehicle, you may get a real adrenaline rush, and sharing a shisha with your hosts in this context is something truly unforgettable.
Extra tips for visiting Dubai
- The Dubai Metro connects the Dubai Airport with Jebel Ali, which is where you will get off to visit Bollywood Parks, Dubai, on the opposite end of the line. To efficiently visit Dubai in one day, take the Metro to the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Marina, the Dubai World Trade Center, and the Dubai International Financial Center. In addition to connecting with Metro stations, Dubai Tram stops may be utilized to visit destinations that are not served by the Metro line. The Dubai Metro operates seven days a week, from 5.30 a.m. to midnight, from Saturday to Tuesday. On Thursdays, it is open from 5.30 a.m. to 1 a.m., and on Fridays, it is open from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. Nol cards may be purchased at any Metro station and can be used to pay for Dubai’s buses, trams, taxis, and the Metro system. The excellent transit system makes it feasible to see many of Dubai’s most beautiful attractions in a single day. However, we recommend that you plan ahead of time by estimating routes and distances, as well as booking cruises and excursions, to guarantee a smooth and pleasant day in this wonderful city. If possible, avoid scheduling meetings with locals during the five daily prayer periods. The expectation for tourists is that they will dress modestly and refrain from displaying love in public. Swimming in bikinis is permitted in the water, although modest cover-ups are recommended on the beach. Getting behind the wheel while under the influence will result in penalties, imprisonment, or even deportation. Restaurants will be closed throughout the daytime hours of Ramadan, in accordance with Islamic tradition. At any time throughout the day, non-Muslims are not permitted to dine in public. If you’re a guy, it’s recommended not to shake the hand of a Muslim lady until she expresses an interest in shaking yours.
Pin for later!
Feel free to offer any additional suggestions for our One Day in Dubai itinerary by posting them in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!
What to pack for your next trip?
Packing wisely will make your next vacation as straightforward and pleasurable as possible for you and your family. It’s remarkable how much stress-relieving things like top travel items can relieve, so select wisely. The use of portable items such as lightweight travel bags, which allow you to move around with ease, and the use of an RFID-blocking passport holder will ensure that your papers are protected at all times. Check out our 2021 travel checklist guide to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything and to ensure that you arrive at your next location in style and with the utmost comfort.
Neha is a postgraduate student in mass communication who enjoys everything in life. Traveling is highly important to her, and writing came to her rather effortlessly as well.
One Day in Dubai Itinerary – Stopover in Dubai Options for an Amazing Visit
Dubai is a very popular international tourism destination for people from all over the world. This bustling metropolis is a popular layover location for travelers arriving from Europe, North or South America, or Asia. With only one day to spare when on a long-distance flight, it might be difficult to select what to do in Dubai with such a little amount of available time. Fortunately, we’ve put up a variety of alternatives that may be utilized as a one-day in Dubai itinerary to assist you in making the most of your time in the Emirate during your layover.
- In addition to the At The Top Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountains, Ski Dubai and the Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis, there are many other attractions to see in Dubai. The Palm, the Dubai Creek Cruise, and other attractions are included.
Also included are postings on a weekend in Dubai, three days in Dubai, and a week in Dubai to assist you in planning the perfect trip.
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary1:
As an open-topHop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Dubai Tour travels down Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai’s major roadway, you will be able to take in the sights and sounds of the city before the rest of the world awakes. In addition to engaging tales, a knowledgeable onboard guide offers you with context and history about each place of interest along your tour itinerary. As the bus continues its voyage, you’ll have plenty of time to dismount, take photographs, and wander about at your leisure while the vehicle is still moving.
Stop2 – Ski Dubai
Make a trip at Ski Dubai, the largest indoor ski resort in the Middle East, if you want to witness something absolutely spectacular. The world’s first indoor black diamond ski run adds to the allure of this snowy sight, which continues to pull in tourists. With Ski DubaiSnow ClassicorSki Slopetickets, you may enjoy this sub-zero playground in the middle of the desert at your leisure. It is possible to witness all of the icy action from the all-glass observation platform located within the mall, even if you do not choose to gear up and ski down one of the venue’s five ski slopes, sled runs, or toboggan runs in the winter.
However, if you’re feeling courageous, Ski Dubai provides classes and rentals for every ability level, from complete beginners to seasoned snow sports professionals. Children may spend time in the penguin zone or on the ice playground while their parents are out shopping.
Stop3 – Lost Chambers Aquarium
The Lost Chambers Aquarium at the Atlantis the Palm Resort should be your next trip after that. The Lost Chambers’ 10 distinct sections allow visitors to get as near as possible to a variety of marine life species, including sharks, piranhas, jellyfish, stingrays, and other fish, without having to get their hands dirty or get wet. Exploring the underwater remains of Atlantis will allow you to see as many aquatic species as possible. In addition, the aquarium is home to the biggest open-air marine ecosystem in the Middle East.
It’s possible that you’ll be able to observe the Lost Chambers’ scuba divers as they inspect all of the creatures in the tanks and perform a live feeding show if you time your visit correctly.
Stop4 – Dubai Creek Cruise
To see some of the greatest views of the glittering metropolis, get aboard a traditional dhow boat for a tour around Dubai Creek. Dubai Creek encircles the city center, and from the boat, you’ll be able to take in a wide variety of the city’s landmarks, many of which soar to great heights. This gentle tour, which includes pre-recorded commentary and a complimentary soft drink, is a must-do for those who want to see the sights of this famously frenetic city at a more leisurely pace than they would otherwise be able to manage.
Stop5 – Dubai MallDubai Fountains (free!)
After finishing your opulent tour of the Palm, cruise back along SZR to the Downtown Dubai region, stopping at the Dubai Mall and the Dubai Fountains on your way back to your hotel. Dubai Complex formerly claimed the distinction of being the world’s largest and most creative shopping mall. There are still plenty of shopping and eating options, as well as a large multiplex movie theater and even an indoor ice skating rink, to keep visitors entertained. It’s a site that should be checked off your to-do list because it has activities for people of all ages.
This is the largest choreographed fountain system in the world, and it comes to life with music and light presentations set to popular Arabic and international music songs.
Pay attention as the amazing water and light show fills the gloomy sky as the day transitions into nightfall!
Stop6 – At The Top Burj Khalifa
Finally, we’ve saved the best for last with your final visit of the day at the pinnacle Dubai tourist attraction, the Burj Khalifa. Visit At The Top at the Burj Khalifa, which is located at the top of the world’s tallest structure and extends more than 140 storeys over the city’s skyline. Experience projections and multimedia works that will give you the sensation of flying above the desert countryside before entering a customized tour elevator. As soon as you’ve reached level 148, you’ll be given the opportunity to go outside and take advantage of the world’s tallest outdoor observation deck.
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary2:
- Visit Dubai on three different routes with a Hop on Hop Off Big Bus Dubai Sightseeing Tour, which is the ideal way to get a feel for the city. It is possible to get off the Red Route (City Tour) either the Gold Souk or the Spice Souk, which are both located in the historic areas of Dubai. Embark on a one-hour Dhow cruise on Dubai Creek and pay a visit to the Dubai Museum (both included in your 1 Day Big Bus Dubai ticket)
- On the way back, stop at Dubai Mall and visit the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa. Visit the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, which are both located in the Dubai Mall. Take a stroll through the Dubai Mall, the world’s largest shopping mall in terms of square footage. Al Hallab Restaurant’s outdoor patio with views of the Dubai Fountain display is the perfect place to indulge in the Arabian Culinary Experience (which includes Lebanese delights).
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary3:
- You absolutely must go. At the very top of the Burj Khalifa, Visit the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo at the Dubai Mall
- Take a tour of the Dubai Mall, which is the world’s largest retail mall in terms of square footage
- And more. TheArabian Culinary Experience (offering Lebanese specialities) at Al Hallab Restaurant on the Dubai Mall terrace, with views of the Dubai Fountain display, will tantalize your taste buds. Please keep in mind that fountain displays only begin in the afternoon. Afternoon excursion to the gorgeous Dubai desert is planned. Safari in the Desert The BBQ Dinner (which includes a pickup right in front of Deira City Centre at around 3.30pm).
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary4:
- Spend the day with your family at the Aquaventure Waterpark, located at the Atlantis hotel on the Dubai Palm Jumeirah. Visit the breathtakingLost Chambers Aquarium and then enjoy lunch at one of the various restaurants on the Atlantis Resort property. If you have some spare time, visit Ski Dubai for some afternoon entertainment or The Beach (JBR) for some afternoon swimming in the water. You may take a Dhow Dinner Cruise in Dubai Marina, which offers spectacular views of the Marina Waterfront.
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary5:
- At Dubai Marina, you may go on a speed boat sightseeing trip. Go for a swim at The Beach (JBR) and then get lunch at one of the many restaurants and shopping outlets located there. Make your way to Ski Dubaiat Mall of the Emirates for a day of indoor skiing and shopping. Visit the Burj Khalifa’s At The Top observation deck. The Arabian Culinary Experience (which includes Lebanese specialities) is available at Al Hallab Restaurant, which is located on the Dubai Mall terrace and offers spectacular views of the Dubai Fountain performance.
Travel by speed boat around Dubai Marina to enjoy the sites. Swim at The Beach (JBR) and have lunch at one of the many restaurants and retail centers located there; Make your way to Ski Dubaiat Mall of the Emirates for a day of indoor skiing and shopping; Go to the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa’s At The Top observation deck. The Arabian Culinary Experience (which includes Lebanese specialities) is available at Al Hallab Restaurant, which is located on the Dubai Mall terrace and offers spectacular views of the Dubai Fountain performance;
Dubai Stopover: What to See & Do in 6 Hours, 1, or 2 Days (+Planning Tips)
Are you flying via Dubai and have a few hours to spare at the airport? Are you thinking of taking a stopover in the city? Or are you considering a lengthier layover in Dubai for one or two days. but aren’t sure if it’s worthwhile or what to see and do during your stopover in Dubai? This page should provide you with all of the answers you need! Read on to find out more about things to see and do during a brief stay in Dubai — whether it’s for 6 hours, 1 or 2 days. A few practical suggestions are also provided to assist you in making the best use out of your Dubai stopover or brief layover.
- Additionally, towards the end of this post, you will get a few hotel recommendations for a quick vacation to Dubai.
- The following guide will assist you in making the most of your time in Dubai, whether it is for a couple of hours or for one or two days.
- TIP: Don’t waste your lengthy stopover in Dubai by lounging around the airport.
- Check to see if you can fit at least one night in Dubai into your plan if you still need to arrange your flights through Dubai.
- ALSO READ: The Best Dubai Tours
Dubai stopover suggestions –overview
- Layover in Dubai for 6-12 hours
- One-day stopover in Dubai
- Two-day stopover in Dubai
- Where to stay during a layover in Dubai
Short layover in Dubai – see the best in just a few hours
For those of you who have at least 6 hours to spare during a layover in Dubai and want to make the most of your time, I have two recommendations based on our personal experience and the locations we considered to be the most worthwhile to visit in the city. Just bear in mind that immigration might take a lengthy time in Dubai, so plan ahead of time!
OPTION 1: Visit Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa
The Dubai Mall is one of the greatest places to visit in Dubai if you just have a limited amount of time to see everything. If you arrive by plane, you may take a cab or the metro to your destination – further information on public transportation in Dubai can be found here. A private airport shuttle, on the other hand, might save you both time and money if you schedule it in advance. Neither alternative is too expensive, but the metro, particularly during rush hour, may be the fastest option.
It is possible that booking a private transfer will be the least stressful choice. Here’s what you can see and do at the Dubai Mall if you’re just in town for a short period of time:
Try to witness the (free) music and light performance at the Dubai Fountains. Showtimes: 1 PM and 1:30 PM daily, except on major holidays (except Fridays). between 1:30 and 2 p.m. (Fridays only). Evening performances are broadcast everyday between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m., every half hour. The show itself is completely free, but you may also choose to take a traditional boat trip on Burj Lake in addition to it. Due to the fact that it is one of the most popular tourist sites in Dubai, it is necessary to get your tickets in advance.
A (free) music and light extravaganza at the Dubai Fountains is worth catching. 1:30 p.m. daily and 1 p.m. every other day (except Fridays). In the afternoons between 1:45 and 2:45 (Fridays only). There are evening performances every half hour from 6 PM to 11 PM on a daily basis. A traditional boat trip on Burj Lake is available for an additional fee, in addition to the entertainment itself. Due to its popularity as one of Dubai’s most famous tourist sites, you must purchase your tickets in advance.
The Dubai Aquarium is housed within the Dubai Mall complex. From the mall itself, you can view the large aquarium that is on display (no need to purchase a ticket). In the event that you decide to pay a visit to the aquarium itself, plan on spending at least an hour there. It is recommended that you buy your tickets in advance for Dubai Aquarium, just as you would for most other sites in Dubai. The ticket wait at Dubai Aquarium can get exceptionally long at certain times of the day. Furthermore, if you book in advance, the price is less expensive.
TIP: If you want to visit many sites, purchasing a combination ticket is frequently the most cost-effective option.
Dubai Aquarium is a marine aquarium located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Dubai Mall is one of the largest shopping malls in the world, with over 100 stores. Even if you were to spend a week there, you would not see all. After seeing the fountains, the Burj Khalifa, and the Dubai Aquarium, you may want to go shopping or tour the rest of the city, depending on how long your Dubai layover is and how much time you have left after seeing them. The spectacular waterfall located within the mall should not be missed. An ice rink, dinosaur museum, cinemas, a kids’ playground called KidZania, games and attractions from SEGA Republic, and the Emirates A380 Experience are just a few of the attractions.
OPTION 2: Join an organized Dubai layover sightseeing tour
If you have a stopover in Dubai between 5 and 9 hours, booking this highly-rated private Dubai layover sightseeing tour is definitely the finest thing you can do. This customized trip with airport transfers takes you to some of Dubai’s most iconic attractions, including the Burj Khalifa and the Burj Al-Arab hotel. It also includes a ticket to the Burj Khalifa, which is already included. You won’t have to worry about any practical matters since your guide will pick you up from the airport and take you on a tour of the finest of the Emirate in a short period of time, saving you time and money.
One thing to keep in mind: the trip concludes in the Dubai Mall, where you may take part in the Burj Khalifa experience, so you’ll have to arrange your own transportation back to the airport.
This trip will pick you up and leave you off at Dubai International Airport, as well as take you to some of the most renowned destinations in the country.
Needless to say, you won’t have much time to see any of the sites, but it’s a nice opportunity to get a feel for the city and a better option than spending half a day at the airport. The Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah Beach are two of the most famous attractions in Dubai.
One full day stopover in Dubai
In order to maximize your time in Dubai, you should plan to spend at least one night or one full day there. You may combine your visit to the Dubai Mall with a brief tour of the city. Every single one of the top things to do in and around the Dubai Mall has previously been covered in detail. A half-day is sufficient time to see the main attractions. In addition to that, I recommend taking advantage of one of the short excursions that will show you a little more of Dubai in a short amount of time.
Take a look at this!
Best half-day tours for your Dubai stopover
On your Dubai stopover, you should take advantage of some of the greatest short tours the city has to offer:
- Dubai’s past and future are intertwined. You will see some of Dubai’s most renowned attractions, such as the Blue Mosque, Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis the Palm, and the water taxi on Dubai Creek. You will also visit the famed traditional marketplaces of the Spice Souq and Deira Gold Souq. A visit to the Dubai Frame, a new landmark in the city, is also included in the itinerary.
- Dubai Marina is a waterfront development in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Several businesses provide Marina dinner cruises with traditional Tanouri dance performances, and they are all essentially the same in terms of quality and service. We chose the Alexandra Dhow Cruise since it was the greatest value-for-money trip available, especially for families with children, and we were not disappointed. If you’re looking for something a little less ‘conventional,’ this sunset dinner cruise has received rave reviews. Even if you don’t go on the cruise, you should visit Dubai Marina, which is a must. The atmosphere is especially active in the evenings.
- The Dubai Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour allows you to view the city’s greatest sites at your own speed, while also saving money. If you have a whole day to spare on your Dubai layover, this is a fantastic alternative. This is the most highly recommended hop-on hop-off tour in Dubai.
- Tour through the desert in the morning. In case you just have a morning in Dubai and want to see the desert, theSunrise Camel Trek with Breakfast is a fantastic alternative.
Views of Dubai Marina on a dinner cruise
Two-day Dubai stopover
In the event that you have two days on your Dubai layover, you should spend one of those days viewing the finest of the city’s attractions, which are listed above. I propose that you spend your second day participating in one of the activities listed below, which will help to make your brief vacation to Dubai even more memorable. Take a look at this!
Spend a day at the water park in Dubai
Atlantis Aquaventure Water Park and Wild Wadi Water Park are two of Dubai’s most popular water parks, according to the Dubai Tourism Board. Because we just went to Aquaventure at Atlantis, I can’t compare the two, but it was fantastic all the way around. TIP: If you reserve your tickets for the Dubai water parks in advance, you will save a significant amount of money (20-40 percent).
Take a day tour to Abu Dhabi
If you would prefer to go sightseeing rather than dune bashing or swimming, and you want to make the most of your brief layover in Dubai, you might want to take this highly-rated full-day excursion to Abu Dhabi. It’s an excellent method to explore the most of Abu Dhabi in a short amount of time.
Go on a Dubai desert safari
There are a plethora of firms that conduct desert trips in Dubai. Here are two of the most attractive alternatives I could find. We combined the first one with the previously stated city trip to make a full day of it. Dubai Desert Safari is 1.444 miles long. This 4- to 7-hour trip provides a brief introduction to everything Emirati, including dune bashing, sandboarding, camel riding (for no more than 5 minutes), and a BBQ dinner. 2.Sunset Camel Trek with ShowsBBQ in the evening. This trip is a little longer and a little more opulent than the last one.
Safari in the desert by 4WD
Where to stay on your Dubai stopover
As soon as you realize that a layover in Dubai is well worth it and that you will not be bored in the city, you will need a place to stay for one or two nights. The hotels listed below are a tiny selection of those in Dubai that are conveniently positioned for a brief visit in the city. TIP: I strongly advise you to spend at least one night in Dubai rather than merely passing through on your way to another destination. Because of the high volume of people passing through immigration, it will be quite stressful if you just have a few of hours between flights.
While staying near the airport or the Dubai Mall is preferable for a single night or two, it is recommended that you stay near the airport or the Dubai Mall, since this is one section of the city that you should not skip during a brief layover in the UAE.
TIP: Although staying close to the airport is less expensive than staying in the city center, staying close to the Dubai Mall provides you with greater freedom and allows you to spend more time exploring.
Good price-quality hotels at Dubai Airport:
- Hotels in Dubai include the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, Le Méridien Dubai HotelConference Center, Al Bustan Rotana – Dubai, and Al Bustan Rotana – Abu Dhabi.
Good price-quality hotels close to Dubai Mall:
- In Dubai, there are a number of hotels to choose from, like the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport and the Le Méridien Dubai HotelConference Center. The Al Bustan Rotana – Dubai is also a popular choice.
Luxury hotels close to Dubai Mall:
- It is possible to book rooms with views of the Burj Khalifa as well as the Dubai Fountain at the Palace Downtown Dubai. The location is the Dubai Mall Hotel (rooms with views of the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain are available)
- The address is The Armani Hotel Dubai (located within the Burj Khalifa structure and offering spectacular views of the Dubai fountain)
As a result, here is our guidance to a brief layover in Dubai. I hope you were able to get some inspiration for the greatest activities to do during a stopover or a brief layover in Dubai. There is simply so much to see and do in the city that it is impossible to recommend a single layover plan that is suitable for everyone. Any of the possibilities listed above, however, will be a fantastic decision for your Dubai layover, in my opinion. Take pleasure in your journey! ALSO WORTH READING: Choosing the Right Clothes for Dubai Additional recommendations for visiting Dubai include: How Expensive Is Dubai on a Budget?
If you found this page to be valuable, please remember to bookmark it and share it with your social media contacts.
Save this image to your Pinterest board!
25 Best Things to Do in Dubai
Although it may appear like Dubai is only about malls and air conditioning at times, this enormous desert metropolis is seeing an infusion of new and intriguing cultural institutions, galleries, and retail complexes that are all geared at attracting a new generation of tourists. Jumping out of an aircraft or viewing the spectacular fountains of the city gushing 500 feet in the air are both examples of extreme activities available in this city, and we have compiled a list to demonstrate this. Here are some of the top things to do in this Middle Eastern hotspot, according to our selections.
Note from the editor: Because of the fluid nature of the COVID-19 epidemic, the hours of operation and accessibility of many locations are variable and subject to change.
All of the accommodations featured on Condé Nast Traveler are handpicked by our editors and are not available for purchase.
What to do in One Day in Dubai
Although it may appear like Dubai is only about malls and air conditioning at times, this enormous desert metropolis is seeing an infusion of new and intriguing cultural institutions, galleries, and retail complexes that are all geared at attracting a new generation of tourists to the city. Jumping out of an aircraft or seeing the spectacular fountains of the city gushing 500 feet in the air are both examples of extreme activities available in this city, and we’ve compiled a list to demonstrate this point.
For a comprehensive guide to Dubai, please see the link provided.
We recommend that you contact companies directly in order to obtain the most up-to-date safety requirements and operating hours prior to visiting.
We at Condé Nast Traveler handpick all of the accommodations we highlight because we believe in quality above quantity. We may receive a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links.
DUBAI TRAVEL TIPS FOR A DAY
Let’s start with a few fast travel suggestions for your one-day visit to the United Arab Emirates.
How to Get to Dubai For One Day
DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Dubai is served by two airports. A flight into Dubai International Airport (DXB International) is the most likely option
- From there, a cab ride into the old town of Dubai or a 20-30-minute walk up to the Burj Khalifa will take you around 10-20 minutes. Warning: Due to heavy traffic, it may take longer than expected.
- The Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) is the second busiest airport in the United Arab Emirates, and it is just around an hour’s drive from Dubai. The rate for a taxi will be around 50-60€ ($60-70)
- In addition, if you are on an Abu Dhabi trip and only want to spend a day in Dubai, you may arrange guided excursions or take a bus to Dubai from Abu Dhabi. The public transit system from the airport to Dubai is not particularly efficient.
How to Get Around in One Day in Dubai
It is strongly advised that you do not rent a car. Instead, take public transit and, if necessary, cabs or Uber to go about. Dubai’s public transportation system consists of the following modes:
- In general, public transportation in Dubai is satisfactory. In my perspective, metro stops are too far apart and the service is too quick, dirty, and unreliable. For larger distances, you may, however, take use of the metro system. When traveling small distances, buses are a good option. You may also use the tram at Dubai Marina
- However, it is not recommended. You may purchase a metro card at the metro/tram station or on the bus and top it up as much as you need
- Despite the fact that I prefer public transit over taxis, cabs are frequently the more convenient mode of transportation in Dubai
- The costs are reasonable. A kilometer costs around $0.50, plus a small beginning charge and a little standing/waiting fee. Ubers are somewhat more expensive than taxis, but they charge a fixed amount for their services. Consequently, if you are stopped in traffic (which is an extremely common case), you will not be charged for waiting time.
Is Dubai Safe?
In Dubai, despite the fact that I prefer public transit to private vehicles, taxis are frequently the most convenient mode of transportation; the rates are reasonable. It costs around $0.50 per kilometer traveled, plus a small beginning charge and a little standing/waiting fee. Ubers are little more expensive than taxis, but they charge a fixed amount instead than per minute. Consequently, if you are detained in traffic (which is an extremely common case), you will not be charged for waiting time;
- I have been to Dubai several times as a solitary female traveler and have always felt safe
- I have never been concerned about being robbed, attacked, or anything else. I am not overly cautious, but I do exercise common sense whenever and wherever I travel, and I can say that Dubai is one of the safest places I have ever visited
- Deirais is the only place in Dubai – and the only place on this 1-day itinerary – where I would not want to stroll alone at night
- And I can say that Dubai is one of the safest places I have ever visited
- And However, in general, I believe that you may walk about Dubai (at night) alone or with friends without being concerned. Simple common sense should suffice. Check see my page on lone female travel in Dubai for more information (including safety recommendations)
Where to Stay In Dubai For 1 Day
The cost of living in Dubai is quite high. For those visiting Dubai for only one night, staying in Dubai Downtown is a good choice because it puts you in close proximity to the key attractions listed below – albeit it does come at a cost.
- It is quite expensive to stay in a hotel in Dubai. Although it is expensive, I recommend staying in Dubai Downtown if you are only staying for one night in Dubai and want to be near to the key attractions mentioned below.
PLACES TO VISIT IN DUBAI IN ONE DAY
Okay, with only one day in Dubai, there isn’t much time to unwind and enjoy the city. So let’s get this party started right immediately!
Old Dubai – Around 9:30 am
If you arrive in Dubai in the early hours of the morning, begin your journey in Old Dubai. If you are up and out by 9 or 10 a.m., you are really doing very well because most people in Dubai start their days late, and you will be able to make the most of your one day in Dubai to the best extent possible. The Gold and Spice Souks are very interesting sites to explore on a vacation. Take pleasure in the peace and quiet (which you will not often experience in Dubai). Most stores may not be open until 10 a.m.
- However, it is not very crowded in the mornings at this time.
- My favorite part about arriving early is observing the folks get ready for their days before venturing into the stores for myself.
- They are far less expensive here.
- And if you want to purchase gold, you may do it right here.
- Despite the fact that the majority of the business owners are foreigners (Afghans, Indians, and Pakistanis), it retains its authenticity.
- Shop owners approach you on a regular basis, making it difficult to enjoy yourself.
- In addition, that is not what we would anticipate from Dubai in the first place (because we mostly see modern and luxury areas and not the souks).
- As a female traveler, especially one who is going it alone, it is recommended that you dress a little more conservatively because glances can be strong.
Taking an abra will bring you from the Gold Souk to the Spice Souk in a matter of minutes.
The water taxis are inexpensive (about 0.25€) and provide an entertaining way to traverse the stream. METHOD OF ACCESSING THE GOLD/SPICE SOUK:
- If you use the metro, get to the Al Ras Metro station and then walk for a few minutes
- If you use the bus, get to the Al Ras Bus Station and then walk for a few minutes
- You may also take a cab or an Uber, or you can take advantage of the hop-on, hop-off sightseeing buses that drop you off at the souks.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND TICKETS:
- It is completely free to tour the souks, and you are welcome to do so at any time. Most establishments, on the other hand, are open from roughly 9:30 a.m. or 10 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.
- On Fridays, stores are open after 4 p.m. and shut at around 9:30 p.m.
La Mer – Around 11 am
After that, it’s time to head to La Mer. It is in close proximity to the historic district of Dubai. Because it is relatively new, you may not find it on many Dubai tour itineraries. It is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful spots to visit in Dubai. Water sports are available, as well as a beach, cafés, and restaurants nearby. You’ll also get your first decent look of the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest structure, which stands at 1,717 meters. Generally speaking, the beaches in Dubai are clean and safe!
Showers are even provided at no cost (which are quite stylish).
), it’s time to head to La Mer for lunch.
- If you are in the Gold/Spice Souk, you will need to take an abra or a metro to the opposite side of Dubai Creek
- Otherwise, you will be stuck there. Then, at Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, you may take a bus that will take you to La Mer
- If you arrive by vehicle, you will find a parking garage with free parking
- And if you arrive by train, you can take a bus that will take you to La Mer.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND PRICES:
- HOURS AND PRICES OF OPENING:
More information on this area in Dubai may be found by clicking here.
Madinat Jumeirah – Around 2 pm
This stop is optional because it is dependent on how quickly or slowly you go. Instead of spending more time at La Mer, you may include another attraction in your 1-day Dubai itinerary: the Dubai Aquarium. Madinat Jumeirahmakes is an excellent place to stop for a short while. Madinat Jumeirah is a beautiful and scenic area with its own souk and a plethora of restaurants and cafés with a view of the Burj al Arab, among other things. You may also take an anabra ride (little wooden water taxi) while you’re here.
Photographs of Instagrammers on an abra with the Burj al Arab in the background were taken here, if you’ve seen them elsewhere.
The Madinat Jumeirah is only an additional for those that need to go somewhere quickly.
- Depending on how quickly or slow you go, this stop may or may not be necessary. Instead of spending more time at La Mer, you might include another attraction in your 1-day Dubai itinerary: the Dubai Aquarium. We highly recommend Madinat Jumeirahmakes as a convenient short-term stop. With its own souk and several restaurants and cafés with views of the Burj al Arab, Madinat Jumeirah is a charming and lovely area to visit. Additionally, anabra rides (little wooden water taxis) are available in this location. The rides here are far more expensive than those in Dubai Deira, the Gold and Spice Souk region, but if you stay in a Jumeirah hotel, you can ride them for no additional cost! Photographs of Instagrammers on an abra with the Burj al Arab in the background were shot here, if you’ve seen them before. When it comes to your 1-day schedule, you may skip Madinat Jumeirah and spend a little more time in La Mer if you don’t want it to be too crowded. When it comes to speed, the Madinat Jumeirah is only an added bonus. MADINAT JUMEIRAH CAN BE ACCESSED VIA:
HOURS OF OPERATION AND TICKETS:
- To enter the Souk Madinat Jumeirah is completely free
- Shops are open from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm and restaurants are open from 08:00 am to 02:00 am
- And parking is available for a fee.
Burj Khalifa – Around 4 pm
Even if you are only in Dubai for a single day, be sure to include a visit to the Burj Khalifa on your agenda. After all, it is thetallest buildingin the planet. Soak a few photographs of the renowned structure during the afternoon before ascending to the “top of the Burj Khalifa” to take in the breathtaking vistas. You may save time by purchasing your tickets in advance; after all, you only have one day in Dubai and you don’t want to squander it standing in line. It is significantly more expensive to see the sunset from the Burj Khalifa if you choose to do so.
You can, however, aim to schedule your visit to the Burj Khalifa in the late afternoon so that you can observe Dubai from above.
Check out my guide to the Burj Khalifa.
You may also order additional packages and combine them with a meal at the Burj Club, if desired (I loved it).
Get the greatest deals on tickets to the Burj Khalifa by visiting this page: The cost of admission varies based on the level of access (access to levels 124 and 125 alone is less expensive than access to level 148) and the time of day you visit.
- A supper at Burj Club is included in the price of Level 124125, Level 124125 and 148, and Level 124125. If you do not purchase tickets in advance, you may be able to get some at the ticket center if you are lucky.
GETTING TO AND FROM BURJ KHALIFA:
- You must go to Dubai Mall in order to do so. There will be signage directing you to the “At the top of the Burj Khalifa” location. It is located on the Lower Ground Level of Dubai Mall, near the ticket desk and entrance.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND TICKETS:
- When it opens at 10 a.m., “At the Top of the Burj Khalifa” is the most popular attraction in the world, and it closes at 9 or 10 p.m. (depending on the day).
Dubai Mall – Around 6 pm
Then it’s time to take the elevator down to the ground floor and visit Dubai Mall. It’s simply enormous — and quite crowded! It becomes particularly ridiculous on a Friday (which is the Islamic world’s equivalent of a Sunday). @shutterstock If you enjoy shopping, you could easily spend many days here. I enjoy taking a stroll through the mall because it is home to various attractions, such as the Dubai Aquarium. ADVICE: Do not purchase a ticket to the aquarium. You’ll be able to view some of it just by walking around the mall, and you’ll get to see some of the aquatic animals.
- In addition, a realdinosaur skeletonon exhibit may be seen within Dubai Mall.
- When Dubai was referred to as “the shopping capital of the world,” that era is long gone.
- Dinner: It’s probably time to sit down to a meal.
- It is possible to find reasonably priced restaurants serving meals from all over the world at the food court.
- My recommendation is to have supper at Burj Club (and purchase your ticket at the same time as your admission ticket to Burj Khalifa) or to eat somewhere outside with a view of the Dubai Fountain.
- There is a dress code for Dubai Mall, which you can read about here.
- DUBAI MALL GETTING TO THE PLACE:
- In fact, if you go to the Burj Khalifa first, you will already be inside the Dubai Mall. However, how do you go to Dubai Mall? Transportation options include subway and bus, and it is also a popular drop-off location for sightseeing buses. To get into Dubai Mall, if you get off at ” Dubai Mall Metro Station,” you have two options: either take another bus that drops you off at the mall, or walk approximately one kilometer from Dubai Mall Metro Station to the mall.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND PRICES AT DUBAI MALL:
- The Dubai Mall is open from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. seven days a week. Restaurants and the food court are open until 2 a.m., if not later. There is no admission cost to the mall itself
- However, there are parking fees.
Dubai Fountain/ Burj Khalifa LED show –Around 8 pm
The world-famous dancing water spectacle continues after 6 p.m. I can tell you that things get a little crazy over there. Just the fact that it is so packed is insane, I mean. @shutterstock This location will be one of the busiest in Dubai whenever the fountain show or Burj Khalifa LEDshow is taking place. Secure a good viewing position before the show begins to ensure that you have a good view. You may also reserve an anabra ride to experience the water show without having to deal with the throng.
Occasionally, the LED display will take place – which is, in my opinion, much more impressive than the water show.
Check the show time on the day of your arrival to find out when you will be able to see it.
You may dine at several fine restaurants with a view of the fountain, such as the Mediterraneo at the Armani Hotel, but make sure you secure a table in advance to avoid disappointment. SCHEDULE AND PRICES FOR THE WATER FOUNTAIN SHOW:
- There are 30 minute intervals between 6:00 PM and 11:00 PM, and the performance only lasts 3-4 minutes, so get there in time. The Dubai water fountain display is free of charge. You may, however, reserve an abra ride to get a different viewpoint on the fountain display (and without the crowds). Check out the costs for the ride by clicking here.
METHOD OF ACCESSING DUBAI FOUNTAIN:
- The following are the directions to the DUBAI FOUNTAIN:
DUBAI FOUNTAIN GETTING THERE:
Alternatively: Dubai Desert Safari – Around 3 pm
Alternatively, you can go on a desert safari in the afternoon/evening. Desert safaris are one of my favorite things to do. However, if you just have one day in Dubai, I’m not sure whether this is the greatest thing to do with your time. Taking a desert safari will need you to plan your other activities around it because it will take some time (about 5-10 hours). You must determine for yourself whether or not you wish to forego some other activities in lieu of this one.
I adore spending time in the desert – yeah, it is touristic, but it is also enjoyable.
Despite the fact that I have participated in a few of desert safaris and returned to my accommodation on time, bear in mind that delays might always occur.
Find the most appropriate desert safari excursion for your needs.
- Alternately, you may go on a desert safari in the late afternoon or early evening. Desert safaris are one of my favorite things to do in the world. However, if you just have one day in Dubai, I’m not sure if this is the greatest thing to do with your limited time there. A desert safari will take some time (about 5-10 hours), and you will need to plan all of your other activities around this time frame as well. You’ll have to determine for yourself whether you’d want to forego some other activities in exchange for this one. It is possible to book a desert safari in a variety of ways. The majority of them involve sandboarding, stargazing, a belly-dance show, and a tasty BBQ (for me, as a vegetarian/vegan, there were plenty of alternatives). Although it is touristic, I like my time in the desert — it is enjoyable, despite its touristiness. A highlight for me was the dessert feasts and stargazing, which were very beautiful. Keep in mind that even though I’ve gone on a couple of desert safaris and returned to my hotel on schedule, delays can and do happen on occasion. You should only do a desert safari if you are certain that you will be back in time for your flight that evening or night. Locate the most appropriate desert safari excursion for your needs and preferences.
Final Thoughts on Visiting Dubai For One Day
Even if you just have one day in Dubai, you will have a good understanding of what the city is like. However, I recommend that you spend at least three days, though I understand that this is not always feasible. I hope you make the most of your time here. Whether you adhere to this Dubai schedule to the letter or not, the city is unlike any other, and although it is certainly not without flaws, it is a great deal of fun to visit.
- It is important to remember a few things before visiting Dubai – read my article on what NOT to do in Dubai to ensure your safety
Enjoy your one-day visit to Dubai!