|2018||Thunder Snow||Saeed bin Suroor|
|2019||Thunder Snow||Saeed bin Suroor|
|2020||Cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.|
|2021||Mystic Guide||Michael Stidham|
- DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Monterosso won the $10 million Dubai World Cup, the world’s richest horse race, to give Dubai’s ruler an emotional victory after one of his horses was euthanized following a fall in an earlier race.
What is the name of Dubai’s richest horse race?
The Dubai World Cup is one of the most prestigious and celebrated horse racing events in the world and a key highlight on the UAE sports calendar. This year will be the 25th edition after last year’s event was cancelled in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
What happened horse Zenden?
Tragic Zenden broke his front left leg yards after passing the post in the £1.1million Dubai Golden Sheehan last Saturday. Jockey Antonio Fresu was thrown from the saddle of the 50-1 shot and fortunately avoided being trampled by oncoming horses in the chaos. “No money, no trophy is going to bring my horse back.”
Do they have horse racing in Dubai?
The horse races in Dubai were first organized in 1966 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and since then they have become an annual tradition. The Sheikh has made Dubai the racing capital of the world and for many years he has been working hard to justify this status.
How much is the Dubai World Cup worth?
The domestic racing season offers over US$2.3 million while the 2022 Dubai World Cup Carnival (DWCC) is now valued at more than US$7.5 million. The 26th Dubai World Cup (DWC) meeting on 26 March 2022 now has a total purse of $30.5 million with all races securing at least $1 million in prize money.
What is the main religion in Dubai?
The constitution designates Islam as the official religion. It guarantees freedom of worship as long as it does not conflict with public policy or morals.
What ethnicity is Dubai?
Ethnic breakdown Approximately 85% of the expatriate population (and 71% of the emirate’s total population) was Asian (chiefly Indian, Pakistani, Filipino, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan). About 25% of the population have Iranian origin. About 3% of the total population of Dubai was categorized as “Western”.
How are horses euthanized on the track?
Today’s procedure of euthanizing a horse on the racetrack is more humane than the old shooting method. Horses with a broken leg are euthanized by a licensed veterinarian using an intravenous injection of barbiturates.
What horse was euthanized at the Olympics?
TOKYO, Japan — The Swiss Olympic team says a horse named Jet Set had to be euthanized after a leg injury in the team eventing competition. The horse ridden by Robin Godel tore a ligament in its right foreleg landing a jump toward the end of the cross-country course.
What happened to the racehorse ruffian?
In July 1975, she entered a highly anticipated match race with Kentucky Derby winner Foolish Pleasure, in which she broke down. Surgery was attempted but Ruffian reacted poorly and exacerbated the injuries while coming out of anesthesia. As a result, she was euthanized.
When did horse racing start in UAE?
Horseracing began in the Emirate of Dubai in October 1981, when the dusty Camel Track hosted the first Thoroughbred race meeting.
Who owns Dubai Raceclub?
Dubai: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice- President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has issued a decree to convert the Dubai Horseracing Club into a corporate body and a fully independent financial and administrative entity owned by the Government of Dubai.
Dubai World Cup – Wikipedia
|Group 1 race|
|The world’s richest horse race|
|Location||Meydan RacecourseDubai,United Arab Emirates|
|Race type||Thoroughbred-Flat racing|
|Distance||2,000 metres (about 10furlongs)|
|Qualification||Northern Hemisphere4yo+Southern Hemisphere3yo+|
|Weight||SH 3yo: 54.5kg. NHSH 4yo+: 57kg|
|Purse||US$12 million (2021 race)|
|Mystic Guide||Chuwa Wizard||Magny Cours|
|Thunder Snow||West Coast||Mubtaahij|
|Prince Bishop||California Chrome||Lea|
|African Story||Mukhadram||Cat O’Mountain|
|Animal Kingdom||Red Cadeaux||Planteur|
|Gloria De Campeao||Lizard’s Desire||Allybar|
|Well Armed||Gloria De Campeao||Paris Perfect|
|Curlin||Asiatic Boy||Well Armed|
|Invasor||Premium Tap||Bullish Luck|
|Roses In May||Dynever||Choctaw Nation|
|Pleasantly Perfect||Medaglia d’Oro||Victory Moon|
|Moon Ballad||Harlan’s Holiday||Nayef|
|Street Cry||Sei Mi||Sakhee|
|Captain Steve||To The Victory||Hightori|
|Dubai Millennium||Behrens||Public Purse|
|Silver Charm||Swain||Loup Sauvage|
|Cigar||Soul Of The Matter||L’Carriere|
Parade ring at the FIFA World Cup meeting in Dubai At the Dubai World Cup, a supporter from the United Arab Emirates A thoroughbred horse race conducted annually since 1996 at theMeydan Racecourse (Arabic: ), which in Arabic denotes a location where people assemble and compete, a type of meeting point in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The Dubai World Cup has been held at theMeydan Racecourse since 1996. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Presidential Affairs of the United Arab Emirates, serves as the Chairman of the Emirates Racing Authority (ERA), which oversees the event.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, established the Dubai World Cup in 1996 as the final race on Dubai World Cup night.
- The Dubai World Cup is an annual horse race conducted on the final Saturday in March that is part of theDubai World Cup Night of racing.
- It is a Group 1 flat race on dirt for Northern Hemisphere thoroughbred four-year-olds and above, as well as for Southern Hemisphere thoroughbred four-year-olds.
- Prior to 2009, it was contested at theNad Al Sheba Racecourse.
- However, because to the high maintenance costs and the fact that it is a disliked condition among American competitors, the event was run as a dirt race once more in 2015.
- Paulson, took first place in the race’s inaugural running.
- In 2006, the Dubai World Cup was shown live on TVG Network and HRTV before being filmed and broadcast on ABC later that year.
- Because to the COVID-19 epidemic, the 2020 event has been postponed.
Record for top speed:
- Since the race has taken place at Meydan Racecourse, the fastest time has been 2:01.61 (synthetic). Thunder Snow(2018) has been running at 2:01.38 (dirt) after Meydan was switched from synthetic to dirt
- At Nad Al Sheba Racecourse, the Dubai Millennium (2000) finished in 1:59.50.
The most victories are: The greatest number of victories are as follows:
- The Godolphin Racing Series (2000-2002-2003-2006-2012-2014-2019-2021) had nine seasons.
The Godolphin Racing Series (2000-2002-2003-2006-2012-2014-2019-2021) was the ninth event. Atrainer has the most victories:
- 9 -Saeed bin Suroor (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019)
- Saeed bin Suroor (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019)
|1996||Cigar||US||US||US||6||Jerry Bailey||William I. Mott||Allen E. Paulson||2:03.84|
|1997||Singspiel||IRE||GB||UAE||5||Jerry Bailey||Michael Stoute||Sheikh Mohammed||2:01.91|
|1998||Silver Charm||US||US||US||4||Gary Stevens||Bob Baffert||BobBeverly Lewis||2:04.29|
|1999||Almutawakel||GB||UAE||UAE||4||Richard Hills||Saeed bin Suroor||Hamdan Al Maktoum||2:00.65|
|2000||Dubai Millennium||GB||UAE||UAE||4||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||1:59.50|
|2001||Captain Steve||US||US||US||4||Jerry Bailey||Bob Baffert||Michael E. Pegram||2:00.47|
|2002||Street Cry||IRE||UAE||UAE||4||Jerry Bailey||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:01.18|
|2003||Moon Ballad||IRE||UAE||UAE||4||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:00.48|
|2004||Pleasantly Perfect||US||US||US||6||Alex Solis||Richard Mandella||Diamond A Racing Corp.||2:00.24|
|2005||Roses in May||US||US||US||5||John Velazquez||Dale L. Romans||KenSarah Ramsey||2:02.17|
|2006||Electrocutionist||US||UAE||UAE||5||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:01.32|
|2007||Invasor||ARG||US||UAE||5||Fernando Jara||Kiaran McLaughlin||Hamdan Al Maktoum||1:59.97|
|2008||Curlin||US||US||US||4||Robby Albarado||Steve Asmussen||Stonestreet Stables /Midnight Cry Stbl||2:00.15|
|2009||Well Armed||US||US||US||6||Aaron Gryder||Eoin G. Harty||WinStar Farm LLC||2:01.01|
|2010||Glória de Campeão||BRA||FRA||BRA||7||T. J. Pereira||Pascal Bary||Stud Estrela Energia||2:03.83|
|2011||Victoire Pisa||JPN||JPN||JPN||4||Mirco Demuro||Katsuhiko Sumii||Yoshimi Ichikawa||2:05.94|
|2012||Monterosso||GB||UAE||UAE||5||Mickael Barzalona||Mahmood al Zarooni||Godolphin Racing||2:02.67|
|2013||Animal Kingdom||US||US||AUS/US||5||Joel Rosario||Graham Motion||Arrowfield StudTeam Valor||2:03.21|
|2014||African Story||GB||UAE||UAE||7||Silvestre de Sousa||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:01.61|
|2015||Prince Bishop||IRE||UAE||UAE||8||William Buick||Saeed bin Suroor||Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum||2:03.24|
|2016||California Chrome||US||US||US||5||Victor Espinoza||Art Sherman||California Chrome LLC||2:01.83|
|2017||Arrogate||US||US||KSA||4||Mike E. Smith||Bob Baffert||Juddmonte Farms||2:02.15|
|2018||Thunder Snow||IRE||UAE||UAE||4||Christophe Soumillon||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin||2:01.38|
|2019||Thunder Snow||IRE||UAE||UAE||5||Christophe Soumillon||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin||2:03.87|
|2020||Cancelled due to theCOVID-19 pandemic.|
|2021||Mystic Guide||US||US||UAE||4||Luis Saez||Michael Stidham||Godolphin||2:01.61|
There were plans for the race to take place on March 28th, 2020, for its 25th anniversary. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, it was declared on March 12th that the race would take place as scheduled, but that there would be no spectators in attendance.
An additional statement was made on March 22, saying that the race had been cancelled and that the 25th anniversary festivities will be held in conjunction with the 2021 racing.
- Toni Braxton in 2012, Seal in 2013, Jennifer Lopez in 2014, Kylie Minogue in 2015, Janet Jackson in 2016, Sia with Maddie Ziegler in 2017, and so on.
- The night of the Dubai World Cup
- A list of horse races in the United Arab Emirates
- What does the word “meydan” mean? ab”Dubai World Cup: One of the world’s richest horse races is postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic,” dubaiblog.it, 1 April 2012, accessed 1 April 2012
- Ab”Dubai World Cup: One of the world’s richest horse races is postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic,” dubaiblog.it, 1 April 2012, accessed 1 April 2012
- Ab”Dubai World Cup: One of The BBC Sport website, 22 March 2020, retrieved on 22 March 2020
- Equineline.com published a pedigree for African Story on March 7, 2014, which was retrieved on March 29, 2014. “The World Cup in Dubai will be staged without the presence of spectators.” On March 27, 2020, Gulf News published an article titled “2020 Dubai World Cup night is cancelled at Meydan.” Gulf News published an article titled “2020 Dubai World Cup night is cancelled at Meydan” on March 27, 2020. “Sia dons her wig during a theatrical performance in Dubai,” Gulf News, March 26, 2017
- Hamad, Marwa.
- Official site
- Dubai World Cup 2013- Dubai Calendar – Dubai Events Official Listing
- The National Topics – Dubai World Cup
- Official results from the Emirates Racing Authority: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Racing Post
- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015, 2016
Dubai World Cup Winners – Bet Now and Get $500 Cash!
Find the most competitiveDubai World Cup Betting Odds at Sportsbook.com. BUSR. It was once referred to be the world’s wealthiest horse racing event, and the 26th edition of this spectacular event is scheduled to take place on March 26th, 2022, at Meydan Racecourse in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and will be the 26th time it has taken place. Sign up with BUSRand you might win a bonus of up to $500 in cash. Check out the most recent Dubai World Cup Betting Odds and place your bets on this and many more horse racing events in the future!
Place a wager on the Dubai World Cup.
Dubai World Cup Past Winners
|2021||Mystic Guide||5||Luis Saez||Michael Stidham||Godolphin||2:01.62|
|2019||Thunder Snow||5||Christophe Soumillon||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin||2:03.87|
|2018||Thunder Snow||4||Christophe Soumillon||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin||2:01.38|
|2017||Arrogate||4||Mike E. Smith||Bob Baffert||Juddmonte Farms||2:02.53|
|2016||California Chrome||5||Victor Espinoza||Art Sherman||California Chrome LLC||2:01.83|
|2015||Prince Bishop||8||William Buick||Saeed bin Suroor||Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum||2:03.24|
|2014||African Story||7||Silvestre de Sousa||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:01.61|
|2013||Animal Kingdom||5||Joel Rosario||Graham Motion||Arrowfield StudTeam Valor||2:03.21|
|2012||Monterosso||5||Mickael Barzalona||Mahmood al Zarooni||Godolphin Racing||2:02.67|
|2011||Victoire Pisa||4||Mirco Demuro||Katsuhiko Sumii||Yoshimi Ichikawa||2:05.94|
|2010||Glória de Campeão||7||T. J. Pereira||Pascal Bary||Stud Estrela Energia||2:03.83|
|2009||Well Armed||6||Aaron Gryder||Eoin G. Harty||WinStar Farm LLC||2:01.01|
|2008||Curlin||4||Robby Albarado||Steve Asmussen||Stonestreet Stables/Midnight Cry Stbl||2:00.15|
|2007||Invasor||5||Fernando Jara||Kiaran McLaughlin||Hamdan Al Maktoum||1:59:97|
|2006||Electrocutionist||5||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:01.32|
|2005||Roses in May||5||John Velazquez||Dale L. Romans||KenSarah Ramsey||2:02.17|
|2004||Pleasantly Perfect||6||Alex Solis||Richard Mandella||Diamond A Racing Corp.||2:00.24|
|2003||Moon Ballad||4||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:00.48|
|2002||Street Cry||4||Jerry Bailey||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||2:01.18|
|2001||Captain Steve||4||Jerry Bailey||Bob Baffert||Michael E. Pegram||2:00.47|
|2000||Dubai Millennium||4||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||Godolphin Racing||1:59.50|
|1999||Almutawakel||4||Richard Hills||Saeed bin Suroor||Hamdan Al Maktoum||2:00.65|
|1998||Silver Charm||4||Gary Stevens||Bob Baffert||BobBeverly Lewis||2:04.29|
|1997||Singspiel||5||Jerry Bailey||Michael Stoute||Sheikh Mohammed||2:01.91|
|1996||Cigar||6||Jerry Bailey||William I. Mott||Allen E. Paulson||2:03.84|
Dubai World Cup Winners & Records
RacesDubai World CupWinnersRecordsRacing Events
Dubai World Cup All-Time Winners
|Year||Winner (Country)||Jockey / Trainer||Age / Time|
|2020||Cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.|
|2019||Thunder Snow (IRE)||Christophe Soumillon / Saeed bin Suroor||5 / 02:03.6|
|2018||Thunder Snow (IRE)||Christophe Soumillon / Saeed bin Suroor||4 / 02:01.4|
|2017||Arrogate (US)||Mike E. Smith / Bob Baffert||4 / 02:02.5|
|2016||California Chrome (US)||Victor Espinoza / Art Sherman||5 / 02:01.8|
|2015||Prince Bishop (IRE)||William Buick / Saeed bin Suroor||8 / 02:03.2|
|2014||African Story (GB)||Silvestre de Sousa / Saeed bin Suroor||7 / 02:01.6|
|2013||Animal Kingdom (US)||Joel Rosario / Graham Motion||5 / 02:03.2|
|2012||Monterosso (GB)||Mickael Barzalona / Mahmood al Zarooni||5 / 02:02.7|
|2011||Victoire Pisa (JPN)||Mirco Demuro / Katsuhiko Sumii||4 / 02:05.9|
|2010||Glória de Campeão (BRA)||T. J. Pereira / Pascal Bary||7 / 02:03.8|
|2009||Well Armed (US)||Aaron Gryder / Eoin G. Harty||6 / 02:01.0|
|2008||Curlin (US)||Robby Albarado / Steve Asmussen||4 / 02:00.2|
|2007||Invasor (ARG)||Fernando Jara / Kiaran McLaughlin||5 / 1:59:97|
|2006||Electrocutionist (US)||Frankie Dettori / Saeed bin Suroor||5 / 02:01.3|
|2005||Roses in May (US)||John Velazquez / Dale L. Romans||5 / 02:02.2|
|2004||Pleasantly Perfect (US)||Alex Solis / Richard Mandella||6 / 02:00.2|
|2003||Moon Ballad (IRE)||Frankie Dettori / Saeed bin Suroor||4 / 02:00.5|
|2002||Street Cry (IRE)||Jerry Bailey / Saeed bin Suroor||4 / 02:01.2|
|2001||Captain Steve (US)||Jerry Bailey / Bob Baffert||4 / 02:00.5|
|2000||Dubai Millennium (GB)||Frankie Dettori / Saeed bin Suroor||4 / 01:59.5|
|1999||Almutawakel (GB)||Richard Hills / Saeed bin Suroor||4 / 02:00.7|
|1998||Silver Charm (US)||Gary Stevens / Bob Baffert||4 / 02:04.3|
|1997||Singspiel (IRE)||Jerry Bailey / Michael Stoute||5 / 02:01.9|
|1996||Cigar (US)||Jerry Bailey / William I. Mott||6 / 02:03.8|
Dubai World Cup Records
Thunder and Snow (number 2) (20182019)
Most Wins by Trainer
Saeed bin Suroor (number 9) (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019)
The Dubai World Cup is the second wealthiest horse race in the world, with a prize of $10,000,000. It is held every year in Dubai. This race, which began in 1996 and is held on the dirt track at Meydan Racecourse, is a grueling 1 14 mile long and requires great endurance. It is held annually on the final Saturday in March and invites some of the brightest minds from all around the world to showcase their skills. 11 of the 24 champions were born in the United States or Canada. Cigar, who won the 1996 Dubai World Cup between his 1995 and 1996 Breeders’ Cup Classic victories, was in reality the very first winner in the history of the race.
- After winning the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes in 1997, Silver Charm scored in the 1998 Dubai World Cup, which was his first major victory since then.
- Silver Charm was inducted into the Hall of Fame with the 2007 class, over a decade after his initial induction.
- In the 2001 Dubai World Cup, Best of the Bests (IRE) was a 7/4 shot with the favorite, Best of the Bests.
- The 2001 DWC would prove to be his final triumph, as he went home to finish fourth in both the Hollywood Gold Cup and the Pacific Classic to bring his career to a close.
- In both races, he defeated the highly respected Medaglia d’Oro winner.
- Electrocutionist would go on to win the 2006 Dubai World Cup despite having a heart issue that should have made it impossible for him to compete at the level that he did in the previous season.
- Curry ruled supreme in the 2008 Dubai World Cup, capping up a Hall of Fame career that included victories in the 2007 Preakness Stakes and the 2007 Breeders’ Cup Classic, among other notable achievements.
- After a rocky start to their careers, a pair of well-known athletes utilized victories in the 2009 and 2013 Dubai World Cups to demonstrate their talent and establish themselves as contenders.
- The native Winstar Farm product holds the record for the largest margin of victory in the Dubai World Cup, having defeated his opponents by a margin of fourteen lengths.
- It is possible that California Chrome is the most well-known winner of this race, having won the 2016 Dubai World Cup two years after sparking the racing industry with victories in the 2014 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
With this triumph, California Chrome would be well on his way to a resurgence season as a seasoned champion. In the 2016 Breeders’ Cup Classic, he would hand the reins over to Arogate, who would go on to win the Dubai World Cup the following year as well.
American Shipper Mystic Guide Wins Dubai World Cup
The $12 million Dubai World Cup sponsored by Emirates Airline (G1) has been running for 25 years, and it is still difficult to defeat the race’s host, the Dubai World Cup Foundation. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the founder of the Dubai World Cup and the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates as well as the Ruler of Dubai, won the event for the ninth time on March 27 at Meydan when Mystic Guide stormed to a 3 3/4-length win. He is a homebred 4-year-old son of Ghostzapper from Kentucky who competes for Godolphin, the racing and breeding company owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- So, too, might the United States, with Mystic Guide being trained in the United States by Mike Stidham and ridden by rider Luis Saez of the United States.
- In the Middle East, Saez is no stranger to success, having steered Maximum Security to victory in the inaugural $20 million Saudi Cup last year, which was his first significant victory in the region.
- The remainder was taken care of by Mystic Guide.
- The winning time was 2:01.61 for the 2,000 meters (about 1 1/4 miles).
- Japan’s Chuwa Wizard (Chuwa means “wizard”) followed by the French-trained Magny Cours, another Godolphin homebred from Kentucky, who finished in third place after coming from a tracking position to take second.
- None of the other three American-trained racers in the race were in danger of being eliminated.
- Mystic Guide’s victory in the Dubai World Cup was his first grade 1 victory since finishing second in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Stakes (G1) at Belmont Park last fall, which was his only previous top-level outing.
“Today he showed to me that he is the champion, and I have no doubt that he will continue to improve,” the rider stated.
He was the favorite in pari-mutuel wagering, which was available in the United States, and he received $5.50.
Third-place finisher in the Saudi Cup is one of the top finishers.
Military Law, which broke free of the starting gate just before the start of the Dubai World Cup and ran around the track without a rider for many minutes before being captured, was also scratched from the competition.
In addition to the events that occurred earlier with Great Scot, the Dubai World Cup began around 15 minutes late due to unforeseen circumstances.
The man said that he was a little nervous at first.
As a result, the horse inside began to become uneasy, and I became concerned for his well-being.
In a post-race television interview, Saez was asked how it felt to win one of the most prestigious races in the world, the Dubai World Cup.
I can’t believe I’m in this situation right now.
His first runner outside of North America was Mystic Guide, which he completed in 2012.
In his speech, Stidham remarked, “I’m really delighted to be here on the 25th anniversary of the Dubai World Cup for Sheikh Mohammed, and the sky is the limit for this horse.” “We’d love to come back next year,” said the group.
He is one of eight winners out of eight foals, and he is one of five winners out of five foals to race.
Godolphin’s successful year in 2021 continued with Saturday’s Dubai World Cup, which extended the company’s success both internationally and domestically.
stable includes grade 1 winnersMaxfield andEssential Quality, the latter of whom is the early favorite for the Kentucky Derby.
Woodford Reserve (G1) will be presented at Churchill Downs on May 1.
Mystic Guide was victorious in the $5 million Longines Dubai Sheema Classic (G1) prior to that, and Mishriffshined in the Saudi Cup (G1) following that success.
The World Cup in Dubai was postponed last year due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
As the Dubai World Cup event came to a close, a homage was paid to the late Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance of the United Arab Emirates. Sheikh Hamdan was the owner and operator of Shadwell Stable and Shadwell Stud.
The $12 million Dubai World Cup sponsored by Emirates Airline (G1) has been running for 25 years, and it is still difficult to defeat the race’s home country. In the ninth running of the Dubai World Cup, Mystic Guide surged to a 3 3/4-length win on March 27 at Meydan, a triumph that was witnessed by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the race’s originator, as well as the UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. He is a homebred 4-year-old son of Ghostzapper from Kentucky who runs for Godolphin, the racing and breeding company owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- It is possible that America will benefit from the fact that the Mystic Guide is being trained in the United States by Mike Stidham and ridden by United States jockey Luis Saez.
- In the Middle East, Saez is no stranger to victory, having led Maximum Security to victory in the inaugural $20 million Saudi Cup last year, which was his first significant victory in the region.
- The remainder was handled by Mystic Guide.
- Two minutes and sixteen seconds later, the champion had completed 2,000 meters (1 1/4 miles) in two minutes and sixty-one seconds.
- followed by the French-trained Magny Cours, another Godolphin homebred who finished third after coming from a tracking position to take second.
- Sleepy Eyes Todd finished in 10th place, while Title Ready finished in 11th place for Jesus’ Team.
- As a result of that race, as well as his first appearance at the age of four, he went on to win the Razorback Handicap (G3) at Oaklawn Park last month, a triumph that convinced Saez that Mystic Guide was up to the challenge of the Dubai World Cup.
There were many others who shared Saez’s faith in Mystic Guide.
Another factor in Mystic Guide’s partiality was the lack of pre-race favorites from Saturday’s Dubai World Cup; none of the top four finishers from last month’s Saudi Cup competed.
It had been planned for Great Scot to run, but he misbehaved in the preliminary races, dumping his rider, and as a result, he had to be scratched.
The activities of Military Law resulted in the field being unloaded and reloaded.
He admits to being a little apprehensive because of the delays, but stated his mount remained calm throughout the process.
As a result, the horse inside began to become uneasy, and I became concerned for his well-being.
He responded, “It feels great.” “My childhood fantasy was to be able to do just that.
In my opinion, this is the most beautiful event that has ever happened.” With the victory in the Dubai World Cup, Mike Stidham achieved his first international grade/group 1 title since beginning his training career in 1979.
With four grade 1 victories in the United States, the trainer’s record is impressive, with the most recent coming with Zipessa’s victory in the 2017 First Lady Stakes (G1T) at Keeneland in 2017.
“I’m really delighted to be here for Sheikh Mohammed on this special occasion,” Stidham remarked.
Of her eight foals, he is one of four winners out of five foals that have raced thus far this season.
Godolphin’s successful year in 2021 continued with Saturday’s Dubai World Cup, which was both an international and domestic success.
stable includes grade 1 winners Maxfield and Essential Quality, the latter of whom is the early favorite for the Kentucky Derby.
At Churchill Downs on May 1, Woodford Reserve (G1) will be presented.
Mystic Guide was victorious in the $5 million Longines Dubai Sheema Classic (G1) prior to that, and Mishriffshined in the Saudi Cup (G1) following that.
Due to the beginning of the COVID-19 epidemic last year, the Dubai World Cup had to be postponed.
As the Dubai World Cup tournament came to a close, a homage was paid to Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the late Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance of the United Arab Emirates. Shadwell Stable and Shadwell Stud were under the direction of Sheikh Hamdan.
- More information may be found by clicking here. Please go here to get a map of where we are. To reserve your tickets for free, please visit this link. By McGettigan’s, you’ll find a thriving social community.
Come experience the thrill of horseracing.
The 11th of February, 2022, is a Friday. It is possible to attend the Dubai World Cup Carnival from January until the end of March. When it comes to time and scale, it is a true pioneering event, and it has been successful in attracting some of the sport’s brightest stars from across the world, including Great Britain, the United States of America, Japan, France, Germany, and Sweden, among others. Visit any of our admittance areas, which all provide intimate views of the horseracing action, to have a memorable night out with family and friends.
With a selection of customised hospitality packages at top-class restaurants, bars, and private suites, all with spectacular elevated views of the races, it is the ideal choice for anyone looking to treat themselves to a memorable night out at the races.
dubai world cup – Horse Racing News
On Friday, Meydan Racecourse will host four Group races, each of which will provide valuable insight into the upcoming Dubai World Cup. The official feature is the Group 2 Singspiel Stakes, which is run over nine furlongs on turf and will see the popular grey Lord Glitters attempt to become the first horse to win the race in consecutive years for the first time. “We are pleased with hisby.” Santa Anita||Mike Willman/Mike Willman||
Hot Rod Charlie Back For More In Sunday’s San Antonio
Hot Rod Charlie, who has been one of America’s most consistent and promising 3-year-olds throughout 2021, leads a group of seven 3-year-olds and up in the Grade 2, $200,000 San Antonio Stakes at Santa Anita Park on Sunday. The San Antonio Handicap, a legendary prep for the G1 Santa Anita Handicap, will be raced for the 84th time this year and is one of thebyDubai Racing Club||
New Incentives Announced For 2022 Dubai World Cup Carnival
On Sunday at Santa Anita, Hot Rod Charlie, one of America’s most consistent and promising 3-year-olds throughout 2021, will lead a group of seven 3-year-olds and up in the Grade 2, $200,000 San Antonio Stakes. The San Antonio Handicap, a legendary prep for the G1 Santa Anita Handicap, will be raced for the 84th time this year and is one ofbyDubai Racing Club||
Dubai World Cup Day Purses Boosted To $30.5 Million
Hot Rod Charlie, who has been one of America’s most consistent and promising 3-year-olds throughout 2021, leads a group of seven 3-year-olds and up in the Grade 2, $200,000 San Antonio Stakes at Santa Anita on Sunday. A legendary prep for the G1 Santa Anita Handicap, the San Antonio will be raced for the 84th time this year and is one ofbyDubai Racing Club||the most prestigious races in the world.
Mystic Guide To Have Surgery On Knee Chip; ‘Too Early’ For Decision On Racing Future
A press release from owner-breeder Godolphin stated that Mystic Guide, winner of this year’s Grade 1 Dubai World Cup, will be undergoing knee chip surgery in order to correct the problem.
Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky., will execute the treatment on Ghostzapper’s 4-year-old kid, who will be treated by Dr. Larry Bramlage. ByEllis Starr| | Mystic Guide made his first appearance afterbyEllis Starr
Equibase Analysis: Mystic Guide Likely To Best Happy Saver In Suburban
Despite the fact that just six horses entered this Saturday’s Grade 2, $400,000 Suburban Stakes, it is expected to be a highly intriguing race due to the presence of two horses – Happy Saver and Mystic Guide – who are both quite talented. Despite being only 4-years-old and having a little racing history, Happy Saver took home the Grade 1 Jockey Club Gold Cup in October and has since returned to the byNYRA Press Office||
Undefeated Happy Saver, Dubai World Cup Winner Mystic Guide Top Saturday’s Suburban
Happy Saver, a Wertheimer and Frere homebred, will attempt to maintain his unbeaten record in the Grade 2, $400,000 Suburban, a 10-furlong test for 4-year-olds and older, to be run at Belmont Park on Saturday. In November, the Suburban will return for its 135th renewal as a “Win and You’re In” qualifier for the Grade 1, $6 million Breeders’ Cup Classic atbyNTRA| |
Prepping For July 3 Suburban, Mystic Guide Retains Top Spot In NTRA Poll
The Godolphin-owned 4-year-old Mystic Guide, who is preparing to make his first start since winning the Group 1 Dubai World Cup on March 27, held the top spot in the most recent NTRA National Thoroughbred Poll, which saw no changes in the top ten from the previous week. Mystic Guide, a 4-year-old son of Ghostzapper and trained by Mike Stidham, was awarded 25 first-place ribbons in the competition. Staff of the Paulick Report| |
Tacitus Nearing Return To Training, Could Be Ready To Race By August
The winner of several graded stakes and a blue-blooded stallion Tacitus, a Juddmonte homebred who finished eighth in the $20 million Saudi Cup in February, has not been seen since. He is believed to have hurt himself in his stall prior to a planned race in the Dubai World Cup in March. According to TVG’s Horse Racing Insider, the 5-year-old son of champion sire Tapit and a son of champion mare Tapit is a contender.
Dubai World Cup
At Meydan in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, MYSTIC GUIDE won the Dubai World Cup, a Group 1 event for middle distance horses. The Dubai World Cup is organized by the Dubai Racing Club and held every year at Meydan in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The first Dubai World Cup was held in 1996, and Cigar was the victor. It is one of the most lucrative races in the world, with a projected value of US$12 million in 2021. The Everest in Sydney is now valued at AUD$14 million, with the sale expected to close by the end of the year.
- The Dubai World Cup has traditionally been held at a distance of a mile and a quarter.
- At the time, the event was held on a Tapeta track, but the surface was changed once more to dirt for the 2015 edition.
- It is the premier race on Dubai’s biggest night of the year, the Dubai World Cup.
- Saeed bin Suroor is the most successful trainer in the history of the event, having won it nine times.
- The United Kingdom, France, and Japan each have one.
- He was wide and was challenged at the 400m, but he fought off the challenger and went on to win the race and remain unbeaten.
- Almost a year later, Sir Michael Stoute’s Singspiel put up an equally valiant fight to give Sheikh Mohammed his maiden victory, this time in the Darley maroon colors.
Frankie Dettori put him in the spotlight, and he walked away with it.
Another victory for Godolphin came in the form of Street Cry.
He took off with a rapid burst of speed.
Most people are familiar with him as the sire of the Australian champion mare Winx.
In a similar vein, California Chrome had won the Derby at Churchill Downs and would go on to win the Dubai World Cup two seasons later at Meydan.
Despite the fact that Thunder Snow was not regarded one of Godolphin’s greatest horses, he became the first horse to win the World Cup on two separate occasions in 2018 and 2019.
It was Mystic Guide who took home the Dubai World Cup in 2021, defeating Chuwa Wizard and Magny Cours.
Dubai Racing Club confirms increase in prize money for Dubai World Cup and Dubai World Cup Carnival
The Dubai Racing Club (DRC) announced today that the overall prize money for the 2021-2022 flat-racing season would be in excess of US$40 million, as directed by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai. The domestic racing season provides more than US$2.3 million in prize money, while the Dubai World Cup Carnival (DWCC) in 2022 is currently worth more than US$7.5 million in prize money. The purse for the 26th Dubai World Cup (DWC) meeting, which will take place on March 26, 2022, has increased to $30.5 million, with each race earning at least $1 million in prize money.
- Our new season, which begins in November, will provide us with the opportunity to witness even more historic races, find even more new stars, and celebrate this magnificent sport,” he continued.
- Overall, there will be 22 races scheduled during the 2021-2022 racing season, which gets underway on Thursday, November 4th.
- This year’s Super Saturday, which takes place as part of the Dubai World Cup extravaganza, has had its prize money increased, and will now provide a total prize pool of more than US$2.2 million.
- The Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3 serves as a prep event for the Dubai World Cup and is currently valued US$450,000.
In addition, the final leg of the Al Maktoum Challenge for Arabian horses has been moved to Super Saturday and a new reward of $75,000 has been established.
Dubai’s Big Prize. The World’s Richest Horse Race is the Dubai World Cup
It is impossible not to be dazzled and overwhelmed by Dubai, its flourishing metropolis, which has pricey and exquisite hotels as well as the world’s tallest structure, all set against the soft, whiteness of the nearby sand. The final Saturday in March, however, is a strangely devoid of people. The busy streets, overcrowded beaches, and stores are all desolate on this day every year. Instead, the Meydan Racecourse becomes the focal point of the city’s activity. The Dubai World Cup, which has been dubbed “the wealthiest race day on the planet,” attracts royalty, celebrities, racing aficionados, and the inquisitive from all over the world.
Ordinary jeans are traded in for opulent suits, and casual skirts are replaced with show-stopping, couture ensembles, with everyone’s demeanor being changed with a pretentious and regal one.
While the Dubai World Cup is always a unique horseracing event, there is even more enthusiasm around the event this year because 2020 will celebrate the 25th anniversary of the race’s beginning in 1996. Over 60,000 fans gather to marvel as the world’s best thoroughbred horses and jockeys battle in nine race groups along the mile-long grandstand, which serves as the venue for this sports event. As the racing gets underway in the afternoon, spectators may take in the concluding races under the light of the moon and the stadium lights, which highlight the crescent-shaped roof, which is artistically beautiful.
This level of enthusiasm unites the guests and promises to bring them all together via their shared passion for motorsports in the future.
This is, of course, accomplished through the variety of tickets available for purchase by guests.
Visitors who prefer a more intimate experience can purchase tickets to The Premium or The Terrace areas.
“From dressing like royalty, being treated as such in fine-dining restaurants, and exclusively participating in the sports version of Fashion Week, visitors experience every facet of the jet-setter lifestyle. “
The etiquette of the event reflects the significance of the occasion. The dress code requires nothing less than elegance and refinement, along with the must-have statement hat or fascinator. Watching your favorite royals and celebrities parade around in the latest attire creates an incredible rush of adrenaline in the audience. While seeing the rest of the visitors go around in their best attire and with an air of self-importance is entertaining, there’s something even more entertaining about observing them.
Indeed, being assessed is an important part of the event, which culminates with the Style Stakes competition at the end of the day.
They are judged on their originality and elegance, and they are rewarded accordingly.
When it comes to great eating, the Dubai World Cup far exceeds all expectations, with an outstanding range of venues to choose from. The Winner’s Circle Restaurant, a two-tiered establishment that serves afternoon tea before serving a 5-course set dinner, is where customers may indulge in wonderful food. Diners at the Winner’s Circle Restaurant will be treated to a birds-eye view of the race and prize-giving from the comfort of their luxurious dining table, thanks to the restaurant’s four-story glass fronts that allow them to sit back and watch the race and prize-giving from their luxurious dining table.
The Cigar Suite at Meydan Racecourse is no exception to the fact that the hospitality there is suited for royalty.
In contrast, if one likes to soak in the ambiance, the Apron View or the Food Court on the Mezzanine Floor provide a variety of cuisine options to choose from while still remaining central to the day’s activities.
When the winner of the legendary 200m dirt track horse race collects his $12 million prize money, the Apron Views transforms into a gigantic concert stage, which is witnessed by thousands of visitors. Some of the biggest and most well-known figures in the music world, including Lady Gaga, Kylie Minogue, and Jennifer Lopez, have played at this venue. Across the rest of the evening, visitors may enjoy the official after-party, which is held in a variety of expensive clubs throughout the city. Soho Gardens, for example, holds an exclusive rendition of their monthly Café Mambo Ibiza party, which is among the greatest in the world.
An impressive fireworks show finishes the evening, which rivals any New Year’s Eve bash in the country.
Visitors get the opportunity to experience every aspect of the jet-setter lifestyle, from looking like royalty to being treated as such in fine-dining restaurants to solely participating in the sporting version of Fashion Week, among other things.
The adrenaline that comes from the uniqueness of the occasion assures a once-in-a-lifetime experience the following time.