Depending on your plan, tourist visas to the UAE can be issued for 30 days or 90 days for single or multiple entries. Tourist visas can be extended for 30 days twice, without the need to leave the country.
How long does a tourist visa to the UAE last?
- Depending on your plan, tourist visas to the UAE can be issued for 30 days or 90 days for single or multiple entries. Tourist visas can be extended for 30 days twice, without the need to leave the country.
Can I extend my 90 days visit visa in Dubai?
The long-term visit visa is valid for 90 days and can be extended. The long-term tourist visa is valid for 90 days and can be extended.
How do I get a 5 year tourist visa for UAE?
Companies need to register with Dubai tourism, open a file for the firm and then start filing for their employees instead of through a tourist agency. The employees will get the same five-year multi-entry visit visa but it will be via the company. This is open to those companies who have been approved.
Can you live in Dubai on a tourist visa?
Tourism. Citizens from certain countries will not need to apply for a pre-approved visa to visit Dubai, being granted one on arrival at the airport. While not being able to seek paid employment in the country, this will allow people to live abroad in Dubai for touristic purposes for 30 or 90 days in a 365-day period.
Can I stay in Dubai for 3 months?
If you want to stay longer in Dubai you can apply for a 3 months Dubai visa through a tourism company. If you hold a passport originating from any of the below 48 countries, you will receive a complementary 90 day multiple entry visit visa.
Can 3 months visit visa be extended in UAE?
Renewing or extending tourist visa All types of visit and tourist visas can be extended for 30 days twice, upon applying for it and after successful approval by the relevant authority. This can be done without the need to leave the country.
Is there grace period for 90 days visit visa in UAE?
Free grace period The 90 days on arrival visitors don’t get a 10 day grace period because they get a multiple entry visa that is valid for a span of 6 months and permits a total stay of 90 days in UAE. In the situation of UAE residence visa holder who cancelled their visa, they are given a 30 day grace period.
Is there 6 months visa in UAE?
You can now get a 6-month multiple-entry Visa Visa by applying to the Ministry of Interior, UAE. This 6-month Visit Visa would be renewable for another 6 months, said a Spokesperson from the FAIC. The FAIC Spokesperson clarified that the 6-month Visit Visa is for all categories of entrepreneurs and investors.
Is Dubai giving 5 years tourist visa?
The UAE government has also approved a new visa that will let you stay and enjoy experiences in Dubai for five full years. Yes, you read that right! People from all nationalities can now get a five-year visit visa.
What is the difference between visit visa and tourist visa in UAE?
What is the difference between a tourist visa and visit visa? Tourist visa can only be used for tourism and leisure purpose whereas a visit visa can be used for business meetings, to attend a seminar or any other purpose.
How can I permanently live in Dubai?
One can obtain residency in Dubai or in another emirate in UAE if sponsorship by an employer is provided. The Dubai residence visa must be renewed every three years. Another way to obtain residency in Dubai is by purchasing real estate.
How can I permanently live in the UAE?
You may obtain a standard resident visa in the UAE under the following circumstances: Purchasing real estate: If you buy a residential property in Dubai or any other Emirate worth at least one million Dirhams, you can obtain a UAE residence visa valid for two years.
What are the disadvantages of living in Dubai?
Con: strict laws Dubai is a strict Muslim state. Non-Muslim expats should therefore be respectful of the country’s religious ways – especially during Ramadan. For example, ‘modest attire’ is recommended and public displays of affection can cause offence and lead to arrest, even between married couples.
Can 3 months visit visa be extended?
The validity of tourist visa is 30 days while visit visa is 90 days. Tourist visa can’t be extended. It is best to renew your visa before the due date to avoid paying penalty fees. However, tourist visa holders are only allowed to renew twice, for maximum 60 days stay.
Is there quarantine in Dubai?
Quarantine guidelines for travellers to Dubai If you are an expatriate resident of the UAE or a tourist to the UAE, you must present a negative result of a PCR test at the departure airport. This test should have been conducted within 96 hours before travelling to Dubai. However, you will be tested on arrival in Dubai.
How long can I stay in UAE without a visa?
30‑day visit eligibility If you are a passport holder of the below country or territory, no advance visa arrangements are required to visit the UAE. Simply disembark your flight at Dubai International and proceed to immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30‑day visit visa free of charge.
UAE visa information
Applicants for visas and sponsorships should submit their applications to the Abu Dhabi Emirates Ticketing Office, located at Al Sawari Tower C, Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Visa services are available from Sunday through Wednesday (8.30am to 5pm) Thursday is a working day (8.30am to 4.30pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days. The Emirates Ticketing Office in Ajman Sheikh Rashid Bin Humaid Street is home to the Escape Tower. Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 8pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Service for visas is available from Saturday through Wednesday (8.30am to 6pm) and on Thursday (from 8am to 6pm) (8.30am to 5.30pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Visa services are available from Sunday through Thursday (7am to 2pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days.
: +61 4 504 7300 [email protected] is the e-mail address to use.
- to 2.30 p.m.), Friday (7 a.m.
- to 12 noon) (9am to 4pm) Sundays and public holidays are off limits.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (10am to 5pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
- Visa services are available on a daily basis (10am to 6pm) VFS Global Services is an acronym that stands for VFS Global Services.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 7pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 6pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Who is eligible for UAE’s five-year multiple entry tourist visa and how do you apply?
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has began offering five-year multi-entry visas to tourists, in an effort to encourage visitors to remain for longer periods of time and visit more frequently. Visitors are permitted to enter several times within a calendar year or to remain for a period of 90 days at a time and then extend their stay for another 90 days. For people who have family members who live outside of the nation, the plan will be a boon, and it is also expected to be a vital tool for businesses wishing to bring personnel in and out of the country for conferences and other events.
- Traditional visitors to the United Arab Emirates were Indians, Pakistanis, and citizens of other nations who need visas to enter the country for brief periods of 30 or 90 days.
- In addition, “this will facilitate travel into the UAE and make life simpler for citizens and their extended family members,” he stated.
- The image is courtesy of Dubai Tourism.
- According to him, “it’s a reasonably rapid procedure, and we’ve already awarded a few visas.” “We’re seeing approvals come through on a weekly basis, on average,” says the expert.
- According to the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing, the emirate received more than 2.85 million foreign overnight guests in the first six months of this year.
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is illuminated by cloudy sky. Victor Besa / The National Photographic Archive Here are the specifics and an explanation of the procedure:
Who is eligible for the five-year tourist visas? What is the criteria?
The five-year multi-entry tourist visa is accessible to nationals of all nations. To be eligible, the visitor must present a passport with six-month validity at the time of application, a passport size photograph, medical insurance valid for the UAE and a bank statement of the previous six months with a minimum balance of $4,000 or equivalent in another currency.
How do you apply?
On the website of the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security, applicants can submit their applications online. Applicants who wish to receive their visa from within the nation can do so by visiting one of the many approved typing centers in the country. The ICA has provided instructions on how to submit an application. Log on to the ICA website, pick smart channels, the visa service, fill out the necessary information, and attach any necessary files. Employees who travel regularly for foreign business might complete the application procedure in Dubai if their employers are global corporations.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the five-year visa with multiple entries is Dh650, plus a Dh50 service charge.
Can I extend my visa when I’m still in the UAE?
When you initially arrive in the UAE, you are granted a 90-day visa that is valid for one year from the date of your first admission. This can be extended once more for a total of three further ninety-day periods. The maximum period of stay authorized under this visa cannot exceed 180 days in any one calendar year.
Which authority do I approach to issue the visa?
This is a self-sponsored visa that foreign nationals can apply for as long as they fulfill the qualifying requirements in the first place. Once a firm has registered with Dubai Tourism through their website, it may also offer this visa to overseas personnel working in Dubai. An authorized typing center or a government service center can assist a person in applying for it, ensuring that all of the qualifying requirements are completed and that the application is approved. Individuals can submit their own applications for it.
How can companies get a five-year visa for international staff?
Dubai has established a five-year multi-entry visa for employees of foreign firms with offices in the emirate in order to streamline the application process and make it easier for tourists from around the world to visit the city. As opposed to working via a travel agency, businesses must register with Dubai Tourism, establish a file for the company, and then begin filing for their personnel to be eligible to work in the city. Employees will be issued the same five-year multi-entry visit visa as before, but this time through the firm.
What are the other tourist visa options?
A single entry tourist visa valid for 30 or 90 days can be obtained via a tourist agency licensed in the UAE for a fee ranging from Dh300 to Dh600.
If a tourist over stays what is the grace period?
A tourist visa is valid for 10 days from the date of expiration, after which time he or she may leave without incurring any overstay penalty.
What is the fine per day for lapsed tourist visas?
In the case of a tourist visa overstay, a fee of Dh100 is levied for each day that the visitor remains in the country over the permissible stay.
Visitors who overstay their visa are required to pay an extra charge for an exit permit, which must be paid at the time of departure. Updated at 8:03 a.m. on November 28th, 2021.
Visa Requirements for Dubai, UAE
People of various nationalities must meet different requirements in order to get a valid visa to enter the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Continue reading to learn all you need to know about obtaining a UAE visa when traveling to any of the Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah)
Visa requirement for US citizens
Citizens of the United States who hold ordinary passports are not need to get a visa in order to travel to the United Arab Emirates. Nonetheless, please make certain that you meet the following requirements:
- Within six (6) months of anticipated arrival in the United Arab Emirates, the bearer’s original passport signed by him or her shall not expire. A confirmed round-trip airline ticket, as well as an airline ticket to another destination or destinations
The visas are available upon arrival at the UAE airports, and American nationals are permitted to stay in the UAE for a period of one month. If you intend to stay for an extended period of time, you must contact the immigration officer at the airport or the local immigration office in the UAE and submit an application for a visa.
Visa requirement for Non-US citizens
In order to enter the UAE, you must ensure that your actual passport (not a travel document) does not expire within six months of your planned date of arrival in the country.
- Confirmation of round-trip airline tickets or airline tickets to a different location
- If you are a citizen of one of the nations listed below, you may apply: Among the countries represented are Andorra (Australia), Bahrain (Bahrain), Belgium (Bulgaria), Brunei (Bulgaria), Canada (China), Croatia (Cyprus), Czech Republic (Denmark), Estonia (Finland), Finland (Finland), France (Germany), Hong Kong (Hong Kong), Kuwait (Island), Ireland (Italy), Japan (Japan), Latvia (Liechtenstein), Lithuania (Luxembourg), Malta ( (Except the British overseas citizens), Vatican. Visas will be issued to you upon your arrival at one of the UAE’s international airports. This also covers individuals who have visas in their passports or entrance stamps from other countries, and the visa is valid for a one-month stay in the United Arab Emirates after that. However, if you want to remain for an extended period of time, you must contact the immigration officer at the airport or the local immigration office in the UAE and submit an application for a visa.
The visas are available upon arrival at the UAE airports, and American nationals are permitted to stay in the UAE for a period of one month. If you intend to stay for an extended period of time, you must contact the immigration officer at the airport or the local immigration office in the UAE and submit an application for a visa.
Visa requirements for GCC nationals
Visas are not required for nationals of GCC nations, i.e. the Gulf Cooperation Council, which comprises countries such as Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, to visit the United Arab Emirates. Residents of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) who are not national citizens but who are employed as high-level officials such as doctors, managers, engineers, or public sector employees, as well as their families, can obtain a 30-day non-renewable visa upon arrival at any of the UAE’s international airports.
Visa requirements for other nationalities
Tourists from all other countries must apply for a visa before they may enter the country, regardless of nationality. They can do so through their respective embassy in the UAE, a local UAE sponsor, or even a local hotel in the UAE, depending on their location.
Travelers can get a Tourist Visa, which is valid for 30 days, a Service Visa, which is valid for 14 days, or even a Visit Visa through a hotel or travel agency, but they must first make a reservation. A copy of their passport and other supporting documentation, as well as their itinerary and arrival date, must be transferred to the hotel or travel agency at that point. A copy of your visa will be faxed to you by the hotel or the relevant organization as soon as it is ready. Visitors visas can be applied for on your behalf by other persons or organizations located or resident in the United Arab Emirates.
For the benefit of their crew members, airlines and airlines-handlers can apply for a 96-hour Transit Visa on their behalf. Other UAE firms may only apply for a Service Visa or a Visit Visa, not both at the same time.
Types of Visas
The UAE offers Visit Visas to tourists who desire to spend more than 14 days in the country, as well as visitors who are visiting family or on business. These visas are valid for either 30 days (short-term visit visa) or 90 days (long-term visit visa) (long term visit visa). Both visas are non-extendable and non-refundable. The local sponsor/relative/resident is required to pay a deposit in addition to the visa payments, which is refunded when the Visit Visa holder has departed the country. Individuals are granted a 90-day long-term visit visa that is valid for 60 days from the date of issue and is non-renewable.
Individuals are granted a 30-day short-term visit visa that is valid for 30 days from the date of issue and is non-renewable.
This particular kind of visa falls under the Visit Visa type and allows the bearer to remain for a maximum of 30 days without the possibility of renewal. If a tourist visa holder remains in the country for more than 30 days, he or she must pay a daily fine as well as fees for an exit ticket to leave the country.
As a result of their itinerary, cruise ship passengers are granted multiple-entry visas, which allow them to visit the nation more than once in a single trip. Such visas are also provided to business travellers who come to the UAE on a regular basis as a result of their affiliation with a global corporation or a prominent local corporation. Upon issuance, multiple-entry visas are valid for six months from the date of issuance, with each stay lasting no more than 30 days. The visa is not extendable in any way.
Travelers in transit who stop at one of the United Arab Emirates’ international airports for a minimum of 8 hours are eligible for a 96-hour Transit Visa. It is necessary to have a valid onward ticket. It is recommended that you have a passport and other travel papers that are valid for at least three months.
Documents required (Individuals):
- The sponsor’s passport must be in good condition, as must the sponsored person’s passport be in good condition. A copy of the sponsor’s wage certificate or work contract, as well as the sponsor’s (resident’s) identification card, must be included. Proof of kinship (family ties)
- Proof of kinship Insurance for travel
- A copy of the confirmed flight reservation
- Letter of authorisation from the bank
- Color pictures the size of a passport
- There is a visa charge. Form of visa application, correctly completed
Rules and conditions:
- Entry into the UAE is subject to clearance by the immigration department. If the visa has been issued and the ticket has been used, the ticket cannot be refunded. The processing time for a visa is generally three to four business days. Once visa payments have been paid, they are non-refundable.
Please fill out the following online form to initiate your Dubai visa application process:
IVisa was last updated on December 19, 2021. When planning a trip to Dubai, it is possible that you may require a tourist visa from the UAE. It will always depend on your nationality, as the UAE, like the majority of nations throughout the world, has a list of countries that do not require a visa to enter. We can tell you that a visa is not required for entry into the UAE for at least 44 countries. AtiVisa.com can assist you with this information by providing our users with this brief guide that answers the most often asked concerns about traveling to the United Arab Emirates as a tourist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on your place of origin, you may be required to get a visa in order to enter this nation.
Check if you qualify for an eVisa to the UAE by entering your country of origin and destination into the Visa Checker on iVisa.com. Don’t forget to pick the UAE as your destination when you’re finished!
WHAT IS A UAE EVISA?
In the United Arab Emirates, it is an official pre-travel document that grants authorization to fly to the country. This document is often connected to your passport via an electronic connection.
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE UAE WITH AN EVISA?
For a single entry, the maximum length of stay permitted with this document is 30 days in total, not including extensions. Keep in mind, however, that the visit is absolutely confined to business or tourism purposes only, and nothing else.
WHAT REQUIREMENTS DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR THIS EVISA?
If your country is one of the fortunate ones that may apply for an eVisa to the United Arab Emirates, you can submit your application online at iVisa.com. iVisa.com utilizes the services of Etihad, which means that we place a strong emphasis on communication with government officials in order to ensure that you obtain your paperwork on time. To submit an online application, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Valid passport: This is the most significant condition, which is why you should make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the date of your arrival in the UAE. Alternatively, if the document expires sooner than that, it must be renewed. If you do not comply, your UAE eVisa application may be refused. If you are scanning your passport, make sure it is in JPEG format. Photograph for a passport: The photograph must fulfill the specifications for a passport photo. We provide a Passport Photos service to assist you with this, which may be of value to you. Make sure that you have a valid email address before applying for your eVisa since you’ll be receiving a copy of your eVisa through email once you’ve submitted your application online. Payment methods: Because you will be required to pay for this document while completing the form, make sure you have a valid Paypal account or debit/credit card on hand.
Keep in mind that children require their own passport, a picture, and a birth certificate in either English or Arabic in addition to their parents’.
HOW LONG IS THE UAE EVISA VALID FOR?
Regarding the validity of this eVisa, after you have received it, it will be valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND PRICES?
By utilizing iVisa.com, you may select one of these processing timeframes, allowing you to take use of our services in the most efficient manner possible. It’s important to remember that the sooner you need your eVisa, the more you’ll have to spend, which is why we provide three different processing times. Each of them has a varied price depending on the needs of each individual:
- Standard processing: you’ll have to wait 7 Business Days, and the cost is USD 153.50 (service costs included)
- Expedited processing: you’ll have to wait 3 Business Days, and the cost is USD 153.50 (service fees included)
- Rush processing: This processing time is just 5 Business Days, and the total cost for it is USD 185.00. Rush processing is available for a fee of USD 185.00. (service fees included)
- Fast processing: You will not have to wait more than 3 Business Days, but because it is the fastest choice, you will have to pay USD 225.50 (service costs included).
We welcome you to submit your application for an eVisa to the United Arab Emirates here.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A UAE EVISA?
There is only one thing you need to do: complete an easy application form with your information. This form will most likely take you no more than 10 minutes to complete. When you’re finished, iVisa.com will take care of the rest of the procedure. We will notify you as soon as the status of your application has been determined. The application for an eVisa to the United Arab Emirates may be completed in three simple steps:
- Only a few pieces of information need to be entered into a simple online application form. Hopefully, you will only need 10 minutes to complete this form! After that, iVisa.com will handle the remainder of the procedure. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know how your application is progressing. The application for an eVisa for the United Arab Emirates is simple and only requires three steps: 1.
After completing the three-step online procedure, you will be able to submit the form, and that will be the end of it. Remember that if you have any questions, you can always contact our customer service department.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
You can apply for friends or family members if they will accompany you on your trip or if they are unable to do so due to a lack of time. However, you must have the necessary documentation. To do so, just select ‘add new applicant’ from the drop-down menu and enter their information. This is only important if they are accompanying you on your trip. If they are traveling independently, you must fill out the online form in the same manner as we described previously.
WHAT CAN I DO IF I MAKE A MISTAKE WHILE APPLYING?
It is always possible to make a mistake. If this is the case, please contact one of ourcustomer service representatives as soon as possible to obtain assistance with your situation.
IS IT SAFE TO USE iVisa.com TO GET MY UAE EVISA?
IVisa.com ensures the highest level of security for your personal information, in part because we make significant investments in the protection of our database.
You may read the testimonies of thousands of satisfied customers by clicking here.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, WHERE CAN I GET HELP?
If you would like to obtain a quicker response, please clickhere to use the chat option and speak with one of our customer support specialists directly. More information and frequently asked questions may be found on the website as well.
4 Ways to Extend UAE Visit Visa (2022)
Tourists who want to remain in the UAE for more than 14 days must apply for a UAE Visit Visa before entering the country. Visits with family and business associates come within this group. Having a sponsor that meets any of the following criteria is the first and most important prerequisite. 1. Resident of the United Arab Emirates Company No. 2 3. A hotel that has been granted permission to operate in the United Arab Emirates. The sponsor will cover the AED 2000 renewal charge that is due each year.
A cost of AED 500 is required for each renewal.
What’s the difference between UAE Tourist Visa and Visit Visa?
Tourist visas are valid for 30 days, whereas visit visas are good for 90 days. It is not possible to prolong a tourist visa. Those from the following countries: East and West Europe, Turkey, Bulgaria, Poland, Ukraine, Albania, Russia, the Hellenic Republic, St Kitts-Nevis, St Lucia; Mexico; Cuba; Bermuda; Belize; Guyana; French Guiana; Martinique; Antigua and Barbuda; Antigua and Barbuda; St Vincent and Barbuda; Jamaica; Palao; other non-defined American nationalities; Thailand; South Africa; Singapore; China; Malta; Cyprus; can obtain It is punishable by a fine of 100 AED if you renew your visa after the expiration date has passed.
It is preferable to renew your visa prior to the expiration date in order to avoid paying penalty costs.
If you wish to renew it again, you must return to your country of origin and then return after one month to complete the process.
How to Secure a Visa in the UAE
It is absolutely necessary to obtain a visa for the United Arab Emirates before traveling to the nation. You must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months before traveling. Residents of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nations will be required to apply for a UAE visa prior to visiting Dubai as of April 29, 2016. Indian citizens having a standard passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival, as well as those with a green card issued by the United States that is valid for six months, can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days in the United States of America.
Visitors from India and the United States can extend their visit visa for up to 14 days for a fee of 250 AED.
Where can I renew my visit visa?
Please keep in mind that you may only renew your visit visa a total of two times. You will be granted a maximum of 60 more days. If you decide to extend your visa on the last day of your stay, you will be required to pay a cost of 100 AED. As a result, you must make certain that your visa has been renewed even before it is due to expire. citizens of countries such as Australia, Austria, Andorra,Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Greece,Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy,Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco,Netherlands, New Zealand,Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia,S You do not need to leave the country to renew your visit visa at the immigration office.
To extend the visa, a charge of 500 AED will be collected from the visitor.
The only alternative available to people who wish to change their visa at the moment is an airport to airport change.
It is not applicable to transit visas. Companies and tourists should continue to comply with the visa applications and transactions until the visa’s expiration date in order to prevent infractions. CHECK OUT THESE OTHER POSTINGS:4 Essentials concerning the UAE Visa
How to renew your visit visa in Dubai?
1. Pay a visit to the DNRD’s office. If you wish to renew your Dubai visit visa but do not want to leave the United Arab Emirates, you can go to the Department of NaturalizationResidency and pay 500 AED. 2. Visa Run By scheduling a Visa Run, you will be able to depart and return to the United Arab Emirates. You may accomplish them in any location in the UAE, including Dubai, Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi, as well as in Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, and Kish Island. 3. Visa-related flight If you want to renew your visa by aircraft, you could anticipate to pay between 500 and 100 AED for the flight, not including visa fees.
- There is no need to leave the airport; simply board an aircraft back to the United Arab Emirates.
- What is the best way to go about it?
- Put your belongings back in your car and drive to the Oman border checkpoint.
- When you return to the UAE, you will be required to display it.
- You must spend 60 AED in order to receive an exit stamp for Oman.
- Approximately 3 to 4 hours is all that it will take for you to complete.
- Keep in mind that visa regulations are subject to change on a regular basis.
- For further information on how to obtain a visa for the United Arab Emirates, please see this page.
Visas For US Citizens
This type of visa is only accessible upon arrival and is valid for 30 days from the date of admission. If you want to stay for an extended period of time, you may apply for an extension of your stay at the nearest immigration office in the United Arab Emirates. Please ensure that you have the following items with you before to departure:
- A valid passport (which should not have expired more than six (6) months before the anticipated time of arrival in the UAE)
- An airline ticket for a round-trip flight or a confirmed ticket to another location
Visa Requirements for U.S. Diplomatic and Official passports
Please submit the following documents in order to be considered for a visa:
- Application form in its entirety, with a photo attached
- A valid passport (which should not have expired more than six (6) months before the anticipated time of arrival in the UAE)
- A colorful photograph of approximately 22 inches in size with a white backdrop
- The submission of an official cover letter from one of the United States government departments, which provides information about the trip as well as the passenger and the anticipated departure date
- A colored copy of the passport and the application, each with a photograph attached
- All application forms must be typed
- No handwritten forms will be accepted. During the visa application procedure, the applicant must remain in the United States. Each entry can be used to remain for a maximum of (180) days per entry on a multiple-entry visa with a validity of five (5) years. If you change your passport to the same kind, you should bring the old passport with you, which should have a valid visa, together with the new passport, since there is no need to apply for a new visa. Due to the fact that all visa applications must be approved by UAE authorities prior to being processed, the visa application procedure will take about 3 working days. You must include a prepaid self-addressed envelope with a tracking number if you are mailing the visa package through the postal service.
Documents and Resources that have been highlighted
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Keep up with the latest developments in UAE-US relations and UAE Embassy operations.
UAE sets conditions for obtaining a 5-year tourist visa
A tourist visa valid for five years has been granted by the Federal Body for Identity and Citizenship in the United Arab Emirates, provided that visitors satisfy four standards stipulated by the authority. Follow our Google News channel online or through the Google News app to stay up to date with the newest headlines. The first of these requirements is a bank statement from the previous six months that shows a balance of $4,000 or the equivalent in foreign currencies throughout that time period.
Following the start of planned flights by the Emirati carrier on May 22, 2020, amid the ongoing new coronavirus pandemic issue, Emirates airlines ground hostesses wear face masks and assist passengers from behind glass windows at Dubai International Airport on May 22, 2020.
The tourist, on the other hand, is not permitted to remain in the nation for more than 90 days in a single calendar year.
In an announcement on its website, the federal authority urged applicants to double-check their data before submitting it, emphasizing the importance of accurately filling out all required fields — particularly the profession, mother’s name, phone numbers used, email address, and mailing address — and warning that the application will be rejected if any errors are discovered.
UAE ‘Golden Visa’
The United Arab Emirates began granting 10-year ” Golden Visas” last year, which allow applicants to act as their own sponsors. Since its inception in 1996, the Golden Visa has been granted to professionals in a variety of fields such as medicine, science (including doctors and scientists), innovation (including outstanding students and researchers), humanitarian work (including humanitarian workers), entrepreneurship (including entrepreneurs and investors), management (including CEOs), and technology (including doctors and scientists).
More information may be found at: UAE would provide tourist visas to everyone who has been immunized against COVID-19 from any country.
The UAE has approved a new mechanism to recruit remote employees, as well as multiple entry tourist visas for visitors.
Grace period for UAE visitors – Arabiers Insider Guide
Visit the Arabierstypes of visas in the United Arab Emirates page for a more detailed description of the various visitor types in the UAE. Tourists with 30 days on arrival, 90 days on arrival, and prepaid visas are the three distinct sorts of visitors to consider. Only tourists who arrive within 30 days of their scheduled departure date and those who have purchased a prepaid visa are eligible for a complimentary 10-day grace period. The 90-day on-arrival visitors do not receive a 10-day grace period since they are issued a multiple entry visa that is valid for a period of six months and allows them to stay in the UAE for a total of 90 days.
- For example, you have been granted a 30-day single entry visa to the United Arab Emirates and want to fly from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi on that day.
- The duration of your stay must be 30 days or less; it cannot exceed 40 days.
- Use the UAE visa days calculator to determine the precise date of your last departure from the country.
- There is a 30-day grace period for UAE resident visa holders who have revoked their visas.
UAE Visa Requirements – How to Apply for Visa for Dubai?
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a nation in Western Asia that was established in 1971. It is a sovereign constitutional monarchy comprised of seven Emirates: Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, and Abu Dhabi, which is the biggest and capital of the country. It is the largest and most populous of the seven Emirates. Every year, millions of tourists go to the United Arab Emirates, attracted by the combination of contemporary architecture and historical and cultural treasures.
In the event that you are considering a journey to the United Arab Emirates, you may find that you will need to apply for a UAE visa (or not, depending on your country). The UAE government permits citizens of a number of countries to enter the country without a visa for brief periods of time.
Do I Need a Visa to Visit Dubai or the Other Emirates?
Whether or not you require a visa to enter the UAE is determined by your nationality. Citizens of some countries are permitted to visit the United Arab Emirates without a visa or to receive one upon arrival, whilst citizens of other countries must obtain a visa before traveling. See the following lists for information on who need a UAE visa and who is exempt:
|Country||Visa needed?||Country||Visa needed?|
|Andorra||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Mauritius||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|Argentina||Visa free for up to 90 days||Mexico||Visa free for up to 180 days|
|Australia||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Monaco||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|Bahamas||Visa on arrival for up to 90 days||Mongolia||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|Bahrain||enter UAE with a passport or ID||Montenegro||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period|
|Barbados||Visa free for up to 90 days||Nauru||Visa free for up to 90 days|
|Brazil||Visa free for up to 90 days||New Zealand||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|Brunei||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Norway||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period|
|Canada||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Oman||enter UAE with a passport or ID|
|Chile||Visa free for up to 90 days||Paraguay||Visa free for up to 90 days|
|China||Visa free for up to 30 days||Russia||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period|
|Costa Rica||Visa on arrival for up to 90 days||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period|
|El Salvador||Visa on arrival for up to 90 days||San Marino||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|EU member states (excluding the UK and Ireland)||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period||Saudi Arabia||enter UAE with a passport or ID|
|Honduras||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period||Serbia||Visa free for up to 90 days|
|Hong Kong||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Seychelles||Visa free for up to 90 days|
|Iceland||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period||Singapore||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|Ireland||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Solomon Islands||Visa free for up to 90 days|
|Japan||Visa free for up to 30 days||South Korea||Visa on arrival for up to 90 days|
|Kazakhstan||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Switzerland||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period|
|Kuwait||enter UAE with a passport or ID||Ukraine||Visa free for up to 30 days|
|Liechtenstein||Visa free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period||United Kingdom||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|Macau||Visa free for up to 30 days||United States||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
|Malaysia||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days||Uruguay||Visa free for up to 90 days|
|Maldives||Visa on arrival for up to 90 days||Vatican||Visa on arrival for up to 30 days|
In addition, nationals of the following countries who have a diplomatic or service passport will not require a tourist visa for the United Arab Emirates or will be eligible for a Visa On Arrival in the UAE:
*Only diplomatic passports are accepted. Citizens of all countries other than those listed above are required to get a UAE visa prior to traveling to the UAE.
What is a UAE Entry Permit?
If you require a visa to visit the United Arab Emirates, you must get an Entry Permit from the UAE government. It is valid for a specific number of days, which varies according on your trip destination. Before you go, your sponsor must get an entry permission for you from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, which is required by law (GDRFA). According to the reason of your trip, you will be permitted to stay in the UAE for a certain number of days with an entrance permission.
- While in transit, you will be issued an entrance permit (transit visa) that will be valid for up to 48 or 96 hours. If you want to visit as a tourist, your entrance permit (also known as a tourist visa) will be valid for up to 30 days. The validity of your entry permission is up to 60 days if you’re coming to work
- Otherwise, it’s up to 30 days.
As a result, a tourist visa and an entry permit are nearly identical in their functions. Please keep in mind that there is some contradicting information available on the internet about the criteria for entering the UAE with a visa from certain countries. Liberia and Mongolia are two of the world’s poorest countries.
- It is not stated anywhere else other than on the IATA’s website that nationals of Liberia and Mongolia are free from visa requirements.
- According to the government of the United Arab Emirates’ website as well as the United Arab Emirates’ embassy in London, nationals of Grenada are eligible for a visa on arrival in the UAE that is valid for 90 days. This information is not supported by the websites of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs website indicates that people of Nauru do not require a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates, however the IATA and the Government of the United Arab Emirates websites do not provide the same information.
In the Solomon Islands, there are no formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formal
- According to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, people of the Solomon Islands do not require a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates. The Government of the United Arab Emirates website does not support this claim.
Do I Need a Separate Dubai Visa if I Have a UAE Visa?
No, you don’t have any. There is no such thing as a “Dubai Visa” since Dubai is not a nation in and of itself; it is a component of the United Arab Emirates. If you have a visa that allows you to enter the United Arab Emirates, you can go to any of the country’s emirates, including Dubai.
Do I Need a Separate Abu Dhabi Visa if I Have a Dubai/UAE Visa?
Abu Dhabi is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, as well as the country’s capital. As a result, if you want to go to both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, you will not be required to get a separate visa for each city. If you are a native of a country that requires a visa, you just need to apply for a UAE Tourist Visa, which allows you to visit all seven of the country’s emirates, including Abu Dhabi.
If you are free from needing a tourist visa for the United Arab Emirates, the process is significantly simpler because you can travel with only your passport.
What are the Types of UAE Visas?
The four primary categories of visas that the United Arab Emirates issues are as follows:
- UAE Tourist Visas, which, as the name suggests, are issued for tourism purposes or for any other purpose that is shorter than 30 days in duration and does not require you to take up employment or long-term residence in the UAE
- UAE Residence Visas, which are issued to foreigners who wish to relocate to the UAE
- And UAE Business Visas, which are issued to foreigners who wish to conduct business in the UAE. This contains the following items:
- UAE student visas, UAE work visas, UAE family visas, and UAE retirement visas are all available.
- Long-Term Residence Visas (Investor Visas), which are awarded for a duration of 5-10 years and do not necessitate the presence of a sponsor, are also available. For this sort of visa, however, you must make a significant financial investment in the UAE
- UAE Transit Visas, which are provided to foreigners who need to transit through the UAE, are another type of visa. These sorts of visas are valid for 48 or 96 hours, depending on the country.
What is a UAE Residence Visa?
Foreigners who wish to relocate to the United Arab Emirates must first get a Residence Visa. They must, however, first secure an Entry Permit, which must be obtained before they may proceed. The following is the distinction between an entrance permit and a residency visa for the United Arab Emirates: The UAE Residence Visais the document that you must get if you are already in the UAE with an Entry Permit and wish to stay for a period of time that exceeds the number of days allowed by the permit.
UAE Visa Requirements
An International Residence Visa is required for foreigners who wish to relocate to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). They must, however, first secure an Entry Permit, which they must do before they may proceed. When it comes to the United Arab Emirates, the difference between an entry permit and a residency visa is as follows: This document is required if you have already arrived in the UAE with an Entry Permission and wish to stay for a period of time that exceeds the number of days allowed by your permit.
- Passport photocopies of you and your sponsor, as well as copies of their passports You’ll need a passport with at least six months of remaining validity. Make a photocopy of the required pages from your passport. It is possible that you will not be required to present your original passport at all. Photocopies of the appropriate pages of your passport (or all of the pages in your passport) are acceptable. Photographs the size of a passport, in accordance with UAE visa photo standards
- If you are a female traveling alone, you should consider the following: A Letter of No Objection (NOO) from your father or husband
- And An airline ticket for a confirmed round-trip flight or an airline ticket for further travel. It is necessary that the ticket be issued by the same airline if you are applying through them. Your hotel’s identification card serves as proof of your lodging. Proof of purchase of travel medical insurance for the United Arab Emirates
- A letter from you outlining the reason for your visit as well as the length of time you will be staying
- Evidence of your legal right to remain in your nation (ie. your visa or residence permit). This only applies if you are not a citizen of the nation in which you are now residing
- Otherwise, nothing applies. For those of you who have a host:
- Documentation demonstrating your relationship with the host
- They must provide proof of their residency, which includes: Your host’s UAE Resident Visa and/or their Emirates ID should be brought with you. Evidence of their financial well-being: they have a certified copy of their employment contract or wage certificate
- Documentation demonstrating your relationship with the host
- And Identification as to their residency: Please provide a copy of your host’s UAE Resident Visa and/or their UAE ID. Demonstration of their financial soundness a certified copy of their employment contract or wage certificate
- Proof of your financial well-being
- Proof of your existing residence
- And Certificate of marital union
- Any further documentation that may be requested by the applicable visa granting agencies in Dubai/UAE
How to Apply for a Visa for UAE?
A visa cannot be obtained at an embassy or consulate in the United Arab Emirates, unlike most other countries. Additionally, you cannot submit a UAE Visa application on your own behalf — you must have a sponsor in the UAE or apply through an approved agency to do so on your behalf, such as the ones listed below:
- A host or sponsor who resides in the United Arab Emirates
- This is a certified travel agency from whom you may purchase your plane ticket. Travel agencies in your nation may also be cooperating with a local tour operator in the United Arab Emirates to provide tourism packages to tourists visiting the country. Be cautious to check the reputation and licensing of the travel agency you want to use before handing over any money. The hotel where you are staying in the United Arab Emirates
- It is OK to use any of the following airlines, provided that you will be travelling with them:
- Etihad Airways
- Emirates Airline
- Fly Dubai
- Air Arabia
- Etihad Airways
Where to Apply for a UAE Visa?
Visa applications for the United Arab Emirates can be submitted online or in person at one of the following agencies:
- It is possible to apply for a UAE Visa through theeChannelportal of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship – ICA, through which hosts, travel companies, and other sponsors can apply on your behalf. (Only available online)
- Through the website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – GDRFA (both online and in person)
- Through the GDRFA’s social media channels
- Abu Dhabi
- Dubai (see also Amer, a website that Dubai citizens and residents may use to apply for family reunions, as well as a website that tourists can use to extend their Visa On Arrival)
- And other cities in the United Arab Emirates. Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah are all cities in the United Arab Emirates.
- Apps for the International Civil Aviation Organization’s eChanel site (forAppleandAndroid)
- GDRFA Dubai (forAppleandAndroid)
- Additionally, your sponsor or host can submit an application through one of the GDRFA’s licensed typing centers, which are located in each Emirate, or at one of the Amer centers in Dubai
UAE eVisa Application for GCC Residents
Residents of any of the GCC nations are not free from visa requirements in the same way as GCC nationals are, however if they are traveling with GCC citizens, they are eligible to a streamlined online application procedure as opposed to non-residents of the GCC countries. The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is comprised of the nations of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, and its acronym stands for Gulf Cooperation Council. If you are a resident of the Gulf Cooperation Council, you can apply for a UAE visa using one of the websites listed below:
- Here is where you can get an entry permit
- Here is where you may get a resident visa.
Once you have submitted your application, you will get your visa at the address that you supplied. It is possible to extend your UAE visa for an extra 30 days after it has been issued for the first time. The online portal will not accept your application if you are a GCC resident who will be traveling alone (i.e., not with another GCC citizen).
How Long Can I Stay in the UAE With a Visa?
After receiving a UAE visa, you will typically have 60 days to utilize it to visit the country after it is issued. The number of days you are permitted to stay in the UAE after entering the country is determined on the reason for your visit. As a tourist, you have the option of staying for up to 30 days.
For transiting passengers, you are only permitted to stay for a maximum of four days. UAE visas for employment are only valid for a maximum of two months, after which you must either change your visa to a residence visa or leave the country completely.
Can You Extend a UAE Visa?
Yes, it is possible. You may now extend virtually any UAE visa or entrance permit twice, each time for 30 extra days, for a charge of AED 600. You can extend almost any UAE visa or entry permit once for a fee of AED 600. If you do not file for a visa extension before your existing visa expires, you will be punished for overstaying your visa and will be deported. If you fall under one of the following categories, you will not be able to apply for a visa extension in the UAE:
- You are a visitor or tourist in a GCC nation, but you are not a citizen of that country. You are a resident of the GCC who is traveling with a GCC national
- You are in possession of a special admission permission
- You are authorized to conduct special missions for a period of 96 hours.
UAE Residence Visa extension for widows or divorced women
Those who are divorced or widowed can apply for a Residence Visa extension from the UAE government, which permits them to stay in the nation for an additional year from the date of their husband’s divorce or death, without the requirement for a sponsor. Their children are likewise covered by the visa. They must submit their applications through the websites or typing centers of the appropriate GDRFA in the Emirate in where they reside.
What Happens if I Overstay in Dubai on a Tourist Visa?
Overstaying your visa in Dubai will result in a punishment of AED 100 every day that you have been in the country longer than permitted. If you anticipate that you will need to remain longer, you should submit an application for a visa extension.
Can You Work in Dubai With Tourist Visa?
No, you are unable to do so. A tourist or visiting visa for the United Arab Emirates does not grant the holder the right to work. If you wish to work in the UAE, you must first get a Work Visa and a Work Permit from the country. In the UAE, you will be deported if you labor without authorisation, regardless of whether or not you are paid. You may also be subject to a fine.
Dubai Is Now Issuing 5-Year Entry Permit Of Foreign Workers
Visiting the United Arab Emirates has just gotten a whole lot better! Are you perplexed as to how? After all, Dubai has recently begun giving employees of multinational corporations with five-year multi-entry visas to enter the country. It is one of a number of initiatives aimed at bringing more foreigners to Dubai and increasing the city’s economic growth. Employees will be able to travel more freely to Dubai and participate in conferences, exhibits, and meetings with the new visa, according to Dubai’s Crown Prince Hamdan Bin Mohammed, who announced the new permit on Twitter.
You read it correctly: you read that correctly!
Furthermore, the visa allows for repeated entries, which is a huge plus!
Who Can Apply For The Visa?
UAE President Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has approved the granting of a five-year multi-entry tourist visa for visitors from all countries.
How Long Can You Stay In The Country For?
The five-year visa will allow visitors to stay in the nation for a total of 90 days on each visit, with the option to extend their stay for an additional 90 days. Tourists who self-sponsor can access the park an unlimited number of times.
How Much Does The Visa Cost?
The visa is AED 650 (about).
What Are The Steps For Applying The Visa?
Those who intend to apply for a multiple-entry visa must upload the necessary information, which includes their name, service beneficiary details, address inside the UAE, and address outside the UAE, among other things. A colourful photograph, a copy of your passport, proof of medical insurance, and a bank statement from the last six months will also be required. In addition, candidates must have accumulated a balance of US $4,000 (Rs 2,96,890) or its equivalent in international currencies in the previous six months to be considered.
Once these are in place, your application will be examined, and you will be required to pay a fee in order to proceed forward. The visa will be sent to you by e-mail after that. Those interested in applying can find the necessary information here.
UAE Announces New ‘Green Visa’; Residents Can Now Sponsor Their ParentsChildren Until 25 Yrs
Following the introduction of the Golden Visa, the UAE has now announced the introduction of yet another new visa. The ‘Green Visa’ is the newest type of visa available in the United Arab Emirates. The new visa comes with a number of significant advantages. You might wonder what I’m talking about. Residents can sponsor their parents and children until they reach the age of 25 under the Green Visa program. Continue reading to find out more. Image courtesy of Gulf Today
What Is The Green Visa In The UAE?
The Green visa is a new type of visa introduced by the United Arab Emirates. This new form of residence permits distinguishes between a work permit and a residential permit. Employees who obtain a green visa will be able to establish their own residences and will not be required to be sponsored by a company. The Green visa will be available to the best and brightest in the region, as well as investors, businesspeople, exceptional students, and subject matter specialists.
What Are The Benefits Of Green Visa?
There are various advantages to having a Green visa. People who apply for the visa will be able to sponsor their parents and children until they reach the age of 25. This is distinct from a standard residence visa. Once the visa expires, holders of Green visas will be given a grace period of 90-180 days during which they can renew their visa. A standard UAE resident visa must be renewed within 30 days after the expiration date on the visa.