During the festival, shops offer discounts on their merchandise, daily car raffles and prize drawings are held to win items such as gold and cars, and there is a fireworks display. There are also a range of family activities and live shows that take place throughout Dubai.
What to expect from the 27th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival?
- The 27th edition of the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is all set to enliven the emirate’s perfect winters with unforgettable fun for all ages. Residents and visitors alike can look forward to retail therapy from international and homegrown brands, as well as live entertainment and pop-up thrills for shoppers, foodies and families across the city.
What should I buy in Dubai Shopping Festival?
Things to Buy in Dubai Shopping Festival 2021
- Gold and Jewellery.
- Home Decore.
- Exotic Goods.
- Branded Footwears.
How much is the discount in Dubai Shopping Festival?
Shopper can enjoy discounts from 25 per cent to 90 per cent across 100+ participating brands located within Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira, City Centre Me’aisem, City Centre Al Shindagha, and My City Centre Al Barsha from 10am until 10pm.
How long is the Dubai Shopping Festival?
Held from from 15 December to 30 January, this is the festival we’ve all been waiting for. Malls and shopping destinations come alive with amazing discounts on just about everything, while daily entertainment, shows and extraordinary raffles keep you surprised every single day.
What is best in Dubai for shopping?
Here is a list of the 19 Best Things to Buy in Dubai:
- Gold and Diamond Jewellery.
- Oudh and Bakhoor.
- Pashmina Shawls.
- Persian Rugs and Carpets.
- Arabian Coffee and Coffee pots.
- Arabic Attars.
- Electronic Items.
- Camel Milk Chocolate.
Can you kiss in Dubai hotels?
Most hotels are permitted to serve alcohol, but it is illegal just about everywhere else. All couples should avoid public displays of affection, including hand holding and kissing, as it is not permissible in the country’s culture.
Is Dubai cheaper for shopping?
Compared to Europe specially countries dealing with Euro Dubai is cheaper specially when there is special offer like Summer festival and Dubai shopping festival. you have the high street shopping as well as the low street. you can go for cheap shopping to Al karama where you have everything but is is a bit popular.
Is Dubai Shopping Festival Open?
Dubai shopping festival is from 17 December 2020 to 30 January 2021. There’s a lot to take in — even for the most accomplished shopper.
When did the Dubai Shopping Festival start?
DSF was first conceived in 1996 when His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai decided to create an epic shopping festival that would position the city as a family tourism destination.
What is Dubai’s biggest shopping mall?
The Dubai Mall is the world’s largest destination for shopping, entertainment and leisure, located next to the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
Is shopping tax free in Dubai?
The UAE introduced a Value-Added Tax (VAT) of 5% in 2018, but tourists can still enjoy tax-free shopping. Refunds are not applicable on anything that has been consumed – fully or partly – in the UAE, as well as goods that are not accompanied by the tourist when leaving the country.
Is shopping in Dubai cheaper than USA?
There are plenty of options, yes. The question is, is shopping in Dubai really cheaper than in other destinations. Fact is, even though shopping is tax free in the country, bottom line, prices are not lower. Prices for international luxury brands (Armani, Marc Jacobs, Cartier etc.)
Is Dubai good for clothes shopping?
Dubai’s various attractions include it’s shopping options as well. Here are the places you can shop in Dubai and not feel the stress building on your wallet. There are places where you get branded clothes, footwear and accessories at great bargains as long as you know where to look.
Is luxury shopping cheaper in Dubai?
Based on research by multiple UAE-based consulting firms, luxury shoppers stand to save money in the UAE. But, it is still 15 to 25 per cent cheaper to purchase luxury goods in the UAE compared to China, South East Asia, the Indian Subcontinent and MENA countries.
Is makeup expensive in Dubai?
According to the research, the UAE is the fourth most expensive country to purchase beauty, while China is the most pricy.
Dubai Shopping Festival 2022: All You Need To Know!
The Dubai Shopping Festival2022, also known as DSF2022, is a connoisseur’s paradise, a shopaholic’s dream, a family’s delight, and a child’s fantasy all wrapped into one package. A month-long event, the Dubai Shopping Festival is a diversified bouquet of activities and celebrations that take place around the city. It infuses the desert area with a whole new set of upbeat and lively vibes that are unlike anything else. The Dubai Shopping Event (DSF) is the largest shopping festival in the Middle East, and it is combined with an entertainment spectacular.
Shopping options in Dubai are not limited to malls alone; they also include local hideaways and flea markets, among other things.
Dubai Shopping Festival 2022: 15th December 2021 – 29th January 2022
Image courtesy of Shutterstock People from all over the world come to the magnificent DSF, and if you are a shopaholic, you should prepare to spend the whole weekend exploring the spectacular festival. The dates for the Dubai Shopping Festival in 2022 are 15th December 2021 to 29th January 2022, so get your tickets as soon as possible or you may miss out. The shopping experience at Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is more exhilarating than any of the adventure sports available in Dubai. This major event, which will take place over the course of a month, is absolutely worth adding to your vacation schedule.
During this festival, you can also take part in a variety of family activities and live events that will be taking place all across the city.
Dubai Shopping Festival 2022 Dates
Do you want to know when the Dubai Shopping Festival will take place? The festival, which takes place every year in the first quarter of the year and lasts for a month, falls in the first quarter of the year. This year’s event will take place from 15 December 2021 to 29 January 2022. The dates are as follows: Now that the dates have been determined, plan your trip as soon as possible and get your Dubai shopping festival tickets because it is going to be amazing and will certainly satisfy the needs of shopaholics.
Where Does The Extravaganza Take Place In Dubai?
This is a city-wide event, which means that attendees will be able to enjoy the festivities in a variety of locales. If you are seeking for the site of the Dubai Shopping Festival, then continue reading: The Global Village, Al Rigga Street, Dubai Mall, Night Souk, Al Fahidi For, Gold Souk, The Layali Dubai Concert, Promenade at Dubai Festival City, DSF Desert Camp, Asianet Film Awards, Al Seef Street, Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre, Ibn Battuta Mall, Festival Waterfront Centre, Lamcy Plaza, Dragon Mart, Mercato Shopping Mall, and Lulu Village are just a few of the locations where you can Suggestive Read this: 36 Places to Visit in the United Arab Emirates for a Luxurious Vacation in 2022
Things To Buy In Dubai Shopping Festival 2022
There are other festivals in the United Arab Emirates, but this one is the finest since you can shop for all of your favorite goods at a lower price. For shopaholics, it’s virtually the equivalent of Christmas. If you’re wondering what to buy at the Dubai Shopping Festival, have a look at the information provided below.
- Apparel, gold jewelry, cosmetics, perfumes, watches, and leather bags are some of the items available. Leather jackets, home decor, gadgets, and spices are all available. Fruits that are dry
Image courtesy of Shutterstock If you’re looking for designer clothing, you’ll be spoiled with choice in Dubai, and the Dubai shopping festival offers will leave you speechless. From your favorite jeans to sultry party attire from labels such as JackJones, BOGGI, Christian Louboutin, Verri, Rodeo Drive, Armani, Billionaire, Bebe, Burberry, and Prada, the festival offers everything you’ve ever wanted in your closet! (nearly) Recommended Reading: Summer Surprises in Dubai in 2022: Be a part of the UAE’s most popular festival before it comes to an end.
2. Gold Jewelry
Image courtesy of Shutterstock Intricate patterns, purity, and low pricing are just a few of the reasons why DSFiis a wonderful time to invest in some gold jewelry for yourself. From contemporary designs to modern art, the jewelry available at this location is guaranteed to fulfill all of your requirements. Diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals are among the most desirable items to purchase in Dubai.
3. Perfumes and Cosmetics
Bvlgari, De Beers, Chanel, Burberry, and other high-end brands are available — and they are all duty-free. To get a better deal on your favorite scents, keep an eye out for deals during Dubai Shopping Festival! It is recommended that you read this article: 11 Exquisite Coffee Shops in Dubai To Get Your Soul Caffeinated!
Image courtesy of Shutterstock As much as we all know, diamond-studded watches are only a pipe dream, but during Dubai Shopping Fest, you will be able to select one from your favorite collection without hesitation. Cartier, Rado, ICW, Michael Kors, Burberry – you may get them all at rock-bottom rates after receiving massive reductions as a result of the Dubai Shopping Festival’s sale.
5. Leather Bags and Jackets
Image courtesy of Shutterstock The nation is well-known for producing high-quality leather. Stock up on some unique and stylish leather items, such as a few pieces from Sharief, Jashanmal, Condotti, Burberry, or Prada, to add to your collection. If you are a label-obsessed individual, you should definitely take advantage of the Dubai shopping festival’s offerings.
6. Home Decor
Image courtesy of Shutterstock Direct your attention to Carpet Oasis, where a sea of brightly colored carpets covers every inch of available floor area. Some of them are available at a discount ranging from 50 to 75 percent! This is one of the top items to purchase during the Dubai Festival in 2022.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock For gadget enthusiasts, the mere knowledge that Dubai is a tax-free zone is enough to entice them to visit the nation.
Apple, Sony, Bose, Vertu, Cross Gold, Acer, Fujitsu — the top brands and the most up-to-date items are all available at rock-bottom rates on AliExpress. If you are a gadget enthusiast, you will go crazy over the deals available at the Dubai Shopping Festival.
8. Exotic SpicesDry Fruits
At the Dubai Shopping Festival, you can purchase exotic dried fruits and aromatic spices such as saffron and black cardamom that would otherwise cost an arm and a leg. Although the reductions may be little, the flavor will make them worthwhile. Recommended Reading: 14 Reasons Why Dubai Will Ruin Indians Forever (in Hindi)
Tips For Dubai Shopping Festival 2022
Image courtesy of Shutterstock 1.Download theDubai shopping festival appto remain updated on newest discounts and promotions. 2.Shop early,while others are still in bed. After all, you don’t want to miss the great offer on your precisely sized Jimmy Choo! 3. Wear numerous layers of clothesso that you can try on garments over you skive or t-shirt. It is a smart method to bypass the never-ending wait for changing rooms. 4. Know ahead what will be discovered where. Research thoroughly before you roll.
- Exploit the sale.
- Look for nice options outside what you need quickly.
- If you become exhausted from all the shopping, you can always revive yourself with a massage atspas in Dubai.
- Suggested Read:Book Dubai Tour Packages With TravelTriangle!
Things To Do At Dubai Shopping Festival 2022
You can do a lot more than simply buy if you intend on attending this magnificent Dubai festival, which takes place every year. Take a look at this!
- Skiing, gold-shopping, a food expedition, live music, a carnival, and fireworks are all possibilities.
Spend an hour skiing at Ski Dubai while your sweetheart indulges in some shopping therapy. At the Ski Dubai, which is the world’s first of its type, you can go ziplining, snowboarding, skiing, and even have a penguin encounter. You may also see the spectacular makeover of Dubai Mall’s iconic ice skating rink into a runway for “fashion on ice.” If you don’t want to go shopping, you might perhaps go to one of the theme parks in Dubai instead. Ski Dubai is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
2. Oh My Gold
Image courtesy of Shutterstock You should take advantage of the Dubai Shopping Festival gold offers and purchase some gold for yourself since it is an excellent long-term investment. It is one of the world’s most valuable commodities, and obtaining gold has never been easier than it is now, owing to Dubai’s simple and tax-free laws. Deira Gold Souk is the location.
3. Food Trip
Some people enjoy shopping, while others enjoy eating out. For those of you who fall into the latter group, don’t be concerned since DSF has goodies in store for you. It is during this time of year that most restaurants provide a unique gastronomic experience. Come and dine on cuisine produced by some of the world’s most celebrated chefs. During a time when most people are out shopping, it is time to satisfy your taste senses.
If you have a sweet taste, you may indulge in pastries and other sweet treats at the greatest bakeries in Dubai. Recommended Reading: Snorkeling in Dubai: The Best Spots to Enjoy This Water Sport in the United Arab Emirates’ Stunning City
4. Attend Live Concerts
A thrill for music fans, whether they enjoy traditional Arabic music or jazz, the Dubai Science Festival is a must-see. The DSF hosts a number of performances throughout the day to give guests with entertainment after they have finished their shopping for the day. Dance to the sounds of your favorite music artists and make the most of your evening by having a good time. The nightlife in Dubai is fantastic!
Image courtesy of Shutterstock The festival will be filled with jaw-dropping celebrity performances, live music, delectable Dubai culinary sampling, amusing street entertainment, juggling acts, magic shows, and much more around the city. There are also vibrant flash mobs and hefty raffle drawings to look forward to. If you are traveling with children, there are a variety of entertaining activities to keep them entertained. Aside from that, they will get the opportunity to meet their favorite cartoon characters such as Pokemon, Casper, and Tarzan.
Another highlight of the DSF 2022 will be the eye-catching and vibrant fireworks display. Regardless of one’s age or gender, participating in the yearly rite is a spellbinding experience. If you are looking for excitement, a desert safari and godune bashingas are both excellent choices. Recommended Reading: 10 Best Places for Shopping in Sharjah 2022, Including Boutiques, Souks, and Everything in Between
How To Reach Dubai
Are you looking forward to becoming a part of DSF 2022? Do you want to know how to get to Dubai? Take a look at the space below. By Flight: The most expedient mode of transportation from India to Dubai is by air. Dubai is accessible by international flights operated by airlines such as SpiceJet, Air India, Jet Airways, Emirates, Fly Dubai, and Indigo, Kuwait. Fly Dubai is another option for those who want to travel within the country. By Road: There are several modes of transportation available in Dubai, including the metro, bus, taxi, and hired cab.
- By train: Within the United Arab Emirates, the Emirates Express connects the country’s many emirates and will take you to Dubai.
- The visa is valid for 14 days and costs INR 1,924/- (about) (100 Dirham).
- This blog will provide you with further information on the Dubai visa for Indians.
- Then read on.
- Shopping is one of the things that Dubai is well-known for, and this shopping festival is a shining example of that fact.
- Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, TravelTriangle does not claim credit for any of the photographs that appear on our blog site.
- Whenever feasible, we attempt to connect back to the original sources.
- We think that correct acknowledgement should be given to the original author, artist, or photographer when possible.
Please keep in mind that any material provided by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not meant to be a substitute for professional medical advice of any sort, and that no action should be taken without first seeing a professional medical expert of one’s own choosing.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dubai Shopping
What is it about the Dubai Shopping Festival that is so unique? The Dubai Retail Festival is well-known for putting on some of the most spectacular fireworks displays, awarding awards, hosting shopping booths, and much more. What is the duration of the Dubai Shopping Festival? On average, the Dubai shopping festival lasts a month. Typically, it begins in the month of December and concludes the next month, January. What exactly can I purchase in Dubai? Perfumes, chocolates, dates, gold jewelry, electrical devices, and other items are some of the nicest things to buy in Dubai, among other things.
- Dates, chocolates, electrical gadgets, pashmina shawls, and other inexpensive stuff may be found in Dubai, among other things.
- Yes, the Dubai Shopping Festival is absolutely worth your time and money.
- In your opinion, what are the finest items to purchase during the Dubai Shopping Festival?
- I’m curious to know what you thought of the Dubai Shopping Festival.
- A shopaholic would undoubtedly like the wide selection and affordable pricing.
- It might be a tad congested, though, if you’re hoping for a tranquil shopping experience because people from all over the world travel to Dubai for shopping.
- Some of the locations where you may take part in DSF include the Dubai Mall, the Mall of the Emirates, the Dubai Outlet Mall, the Dubai Gold Souk, and Boxpark, among other places.
- When does the Dubai Shopping Festival take place?
- Every year, it begins in December and lasts until the end of the month of February.
- People who read this also read: Festivals de musique en Europe New Zealand’s Food Festivals are held throughout the year.
Visit Dubai Shopping Festival for 2023 with Deals & Offers
Ultimate Shopper’s Paradise – The Dubai Shopping Festival An event including FestivityLights, ShoppingGlamour, SportsAdventure, and Multi-Culinary Food will take place. Dubai Shopping Festival is the result of the fusion of cosmopolitan culture and tradition. A version of this event is held every year in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) during the month of January. It is a month-long event that provides a lot of excitement for vacationers. During this time of year, Dubai is illuminated with lights all throughout the city.
- Evenings are filled with family-friendly entertainment programs for the youngsters.
- Attractions during the Dubai Shopping Festival include: Every year, the DSF offers something new and exciting to the table for everyone.
- The Dubai Shopping Festival 2023 will begin on the 15th of December, 2022, and will last for one month in total.
- When and where is the Dubai Shopping Festival in 2023 going to be held?
- One can observe that the city is brimming with discounts and specials at deeply discounted costs in order to entice customers.
- Once you arrive in Dubai, you will be surrounded by a retail smorgasbord.
- Take pleasure in the DSF Decoration: Have you seen a butterfly light with the words DSF 2023 on it?
- The unimaginable amount of lights in every nook and cranny for DSF 2023 is something that is difficult to ignore.
- It has the appearance that the city has been designed specifically to delight you.
- In order to organize your DSF 2023 visit, all destination management agencies are available to assist you in making your DSF 2023 travel arrangements in advance.
Choose the one that is appropriate for your needs and preferences. We are a Dubai-based travel agency that specializes in Dubai Packages, Visa, Tours, and Transfers for the Dubai World Cup 2023 (DSF). Please give us the opportunity to assist you.
What’s So Special About Dubai Shopping Festival? 2021-2022
Beginning in 1996, the Dubai Shopping Festival has been an annual event in the city. Although it began as a retail trade festival with the goal of increasing sales, it has subsequently evolved into a popular tourist destination. Aside from the massive discounts on items given at the DSF (as the festival is known informally), there is entertainment and pyrotechnics on display, as well as a daily lottery drawing. Currently, the Dubai Shopping Festival has grown into a multi-day event with a variety of activities ranging from shopping to adventure to glamour to entertainment, all conducted in a welcoming environment.
This week, I’m going to look for destinations that have both great scenery and shopping opportunities.
Dubai is on the bucket list of every visitor since it is one of the safest cities in the world and because it has some of the world’s tallest structures.
The Dubai Shopping Festival is an annual event that has been taking place for the past 26 years in the city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
What’s Special in Dubai Shopping Festival?
Every year, the DSF brings something fresh and exciting to the table. Every year, consumers have the opportunity to win automobiles, cash prizes, and gold worth millions of dollars in addition to receiving high-quality products. The biggest attractions of Dubai are the world-class hotels, supercars, drone lights, and spectacular fireworks displays that take place every evening. All about the arts and culture, cuisine and drink, shopping, sites and attractions, spas and wellness, and having a lovely living experience are the focus of this city.
Dubai Shopping Festival 2021 – 2022
The Dubai Shopping Festival will take place from 15 December 2021 to 29 January 2022, making it the 27th iteration to take place. That’s one and a half months of the most incredible shopping in the world in Dubai. Yes! The time of the year has come around once more! Prepare to stock up on all of your favorite foods. With the beginning of a new year comes the start of the most eagerly anticipated shopping event on the planet. The 27th edition of the Dubai Shopping Festival is anticipated to continue to astound visitors in the same manner as previous editions.
It draws the world’s most prestigious corporations, as well as individuals from all over the world, to participate.
The DSF is scheduled to take place from the 15th of December 2021 to the 29th of January 2022, with all necessary precautions being taken to ensure that consumers may have a good time while being secure at the same time.
The unique aspect of this specific event is that it has something fresh to offer each and every time it occurs. For those seeking for a vacation, Dubai during the holiday season is a good option. Gulf News has a video.
DSF 2022 Location
The most appealing aspect of this event is that it is not restricted to the confines of a business or a geographical border. Instead, it is dispersed around the metropolis of Dubai. Only a few of the official places to visit include Global Village, Al Rigga Street, Night Souk, Al Fahidi Forecourt, Gold Souk, The Layali Dubai Concert, Promenade at Dubai Festival City, DSF Desert Camp, Asianet Film Awards, Al Seef Street, Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre, Festival Waterfront Centre, Lamcy Plaza, Dragon Mart, Mercato Shopping Mall, and Lulu Village, to name a few.
- The Dubai Mall is a shopping mall in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- It consists of 1,200 stores, all of which are on sale during the holiday shopping season.
- Souks The souks of Dubai are world-famous.
- The Perfume Souk, the Textile Souk, the Gold Souk, and the Old Souk are some of the most well-known souks in Dubai, and they should all be visited at least once while in the city.
- As a result, the mall is separated into six sections, each of which pays respect to a different country that has been visited.
- Adidas, Coach, Nike, Mango, and Aldo are just a few of the almost 1200 brands that will be available for purchase at this worldwide event.
- Those who have the option to purchase such high-end brands at such affordable costs should take advantage of it.
Things to Buy in DSF 2022
Because shopping is the major attraction of this festival, it must be spectacular. The Dubai Shopping Festival is not only spectacular, but it is also really resourceful. This event is distinguished by the high quality of its merchandise at reasonable pricing. The following is a list of items to consider purchasing at the upcoming Dubai shopping festival if you are planning to attend but are unsure of what to buy.Apparels and footwearAll the fashionistas who are looking to update their closets will have an opportunity to do so at the Dubai shopping festival.
- Because of Dubai’s taxation policies, it is well known that gold in Dubai is more affordable than in other parts of the world.
- And this event provides you with the opportunity to take use of this opportunity to the best extent possible.
- The most exciting part is that no matter where you are in Dubai, there will always be a gold shop waiting for you when you arrive.
- Because Dubai does not have any tax rules, it has become a thriving market for electronic accessories that are up to current.
- If you are a gamer or a gadget enthusiast, this location will make you go crazy.Perfumes and cosmeticsLooking for perfumes and cosmetics in Dubai?
- Yes, without a doubt!
- The most prestigious brands, like Chanel, Bvlgari, De Beers, Burberry, Christian Dior, and many more, are selling like hotcakes at the Dubai Shopping Festival, which offers lavish discounts on a wide range of items.
Whatever the goods, be it furniture, rugs, or even Dubai’s genuine handicraft, visitors are drawn to appealing home enhancing products in order to enhance their houses, especially when the costs are so reasonable.
And if you had the opportunity to purchase magnificent timepieces at outrageous costs, you wouldn’t want to miss out on the opportunity, would you?
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get a great deal on luxury brands like Rado, Rolex, Omega, and Cartier, which are normally out of reach for most people.
The grade of leather available there is superb, and the workmanship is of exceptionally high caliber.
Brands such as Gucci, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, and Armani display their high-quality items at unbeatable pricing in this location.
However, while the discount may not be particularly significant, the fact that this establishment currently offers spices at a reasonable price distinguishes it from other carnivals hosted across the world. Spices such as cardamom, black pepper, and saffron are among the many options available.
Things to Do and Major Events of DSF 2022
Despite the fact that Dubai is a popular tourist destination in and of itself, the variety of activities available during this festival distinguishes it as a unique event. There are several activities to look forward to that you may enjoy with your friends and family. An overview of some of the exciting events you may participate in during this mega-sale festival is provided below. Customers from all over the world come to the Dubai Retail Festival to partake in a special shopping experience that is primarily and most crucially centered upon shopping.
- Everything from clothing to home décor to handicrafts to souvenirs to handbags to watches may be found here at reasonable costs, including everything from watches to purses.
- Skiing You might be astonished to learn that, despite the fact that Dubai is located in a desert, the city contains a ski rink.
- This is a fantastic choice for those who do not enjoy shopping as well as families with little children.
- FireworksA must-see during your visit to Dubai, fireworks are a must-see.
- After a long day of shopping, you may enjoy this spectacular display of fireworks, which has already been recognized as a world record by the Guinness Book of World Records for the 2014 New Year’s Eve.
- This will be an exceptional and unforgettable experience for you.
- The Dubai Shopping Festival is intended to appeal to individuals of all ages and is geared to do just that.
Tourists flock to Dubai because of its attractiveness.
A wide range of exhibitors from around the Middle East will be present at the exhibits.
From the musical performances by world-renowned celebrities on Dubai’s turf, there is no better place to be.
In order to remember some of the most memorable films ever made, international film festivals are held every year.
Heritage-related activities If you’ve ever been to Dubai, you’ve almost certainly experienced a camel ride across the city’s famous Sand Dunes.
There is something for everyone among these activities, which range from listening to traditional folklore to going on desert safaris to visiting ancient cultural districts.
FoodNo matter what sort of person you are, everyone enjoys a good meal.
Those who enjoy trying new delicacies and cuisines should make a point of visiting the Dubai Shopping Festival, which is taking place this week.
Everything, from international recipes to genuine Arabian meals, may be found here in one convenient location. Live cooking stations, highly rated restaurants, food and beverage outlets, and street food kiosks are just some of the features that make this event a major draw.
Tips for DSF 2022
The following are some helpful hints for those wanting to attend the Dubai Shopping Festival in 2022. Take a look at them and keep them in mind when you make your travel arrangements.
- Download the official DSF app from the following link: It has been made simple for you to enjoy this event by providing information on where to go, the newest offers, the latest trends, as well as information on the festivities that are taking place on this official DSF mobile app. Don’t forget to download it before you go. Start early with your planning: What are you waiting for? If you already know the festival’s dates and information, what are you waiting for? Beginning early in the planning process will allow you to maximize the benefits of your vacation while also enjoying the holiday season to its maximum extent. Conduct thorough research: If you are coming with a shopping attitude, it is advised that you investigate the products that you intend to acquire in advance so that you may get what you need while still having a good time
- Otherwise, it is not encouraged. Investigate everything: Don’t forget that, while shopping is the main attraction at this festival, you may also participate in a variety of other activities. So be open to all types of activities and be prepared to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience by participating. Here’s a tip for you, fellow shoppers: Wear numerous layers of clothing so that you have the opportunity to try on things and do not lose time in the changing rooms between outfits. This is a fantastic method to save time while also taking advantage of the discount
- Most importantly, having a good time: The Dubai Shopping Festival is designed in such a way that it is not limited to only shopping. Children, teens, adults, and seniors may all enjoy the festivities at this carnival-style event. As a result, it is important to have a good time with your family and friends at this vibrant fiesta.
Readings to Consider:
- What is the significance of the Dragon Boat Festival in China
- What is the Adelaide Festival of Arts, and how does it work? What makes it unique
- What makes the Dreaming Festival so unique? HistoryCelebration
Dubai Shopping Festival: Know Why It Is On Every Shopaholic’s Wishlist?
Shopping is the most pleasurable activity, and there is no better venue to indulge in this activity than Dubai, which conducts the most sophisticated Shopping Festival in the world. The Dubai Shopping Festival is a major shopping spectacle that brings together more than 1500 brands that are offering hefty discounts ranging from 25 percent to a whopping 95 percent off regular prices. The best way to take advantage of great bargains is to book your Dubai vacation package well in advance so that you can take advantage of all of the available options before they are all gone.
The greatest time to visit Dubai, often known as the ‘City of Gold,’ is during the months of December and January, which are held yearly throughout these two months.
The shopping paradise is ready to take you on a shopping spree, so prepare yourself for jaw-dropping bargains and hours of entertainment!
An Ultimate Guide to Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF)
In honor of all the shopaholics out there, here is a DSF checklist that will make you well-versed in all the minute details so that you may spend wisely and get the most out of your shopping experience:
Best Things To Buy At Dubai Shopping Festival
If you’re wondering what to buy in Dubai, we’ve compiled a list of must-have items for your consideration. Take a look at this:
1. Gold Jewellery
It is simply impossible to return from Dubai without purchasing some form of gold jewelry. Because of tax rules, the price of gold in the city is cheap, and as a result, many people engage in jewelry buying during the DSF celebrations.
2. Precious and Semi-Precious Stones
In addition to high-quality precious and semi-precious stones such as diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and an array of semi-precious stones, the United Arab Emirates, or UAE, is well-known for its high-quality semi-precious stones. Whether you’re looking to purchase loose stones or ornaments, Dubai has a large market that offers excellent designs for those with a penchant for studded jewelry.
3. Arabian Dates and Spices
A large number of individuals can be seen purchasing dates and spices from a broad range in Dubai, which is known for the outstanding quality of the dates and local spices. Aromatic spices and dates from Dubai, which can be purchased at low costs, are also great for presenting.
4. Camel Milk Chocolate
An additional delightful item to purchase from DSF is the range of melt-in-your-mouth Camel milk chocolates available. Whole milk, dates, spiced, 70 percent cocoa and macadamia are the five flavors available; if you are a chocoholic, you will want to get your hands on some of them. These are exclusively available from Al Nassma and are extremely difficult to come by anywhere else in the world.
5. Arabian Coffee and Coffee Pots
All coffee enthusiasts would agree that Arabian Coffee is a must-have for their collection because of its robust and delicious flavor.
You may also get exquisitely carved copper coffee pots, which are referred to as “Dallah” in Arabic. Serve Arabian coffee in a traditional Arabic manner and you will receive many comments from your guests.
6. Branded Apparels, Footwear, and Accessories
Emirates is a mecca for high-end goods, and Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is the perfect opportunity to give your wardrobe a total makeover. Be prepared to go nuts with a vast assortment of high-end merchandise available at rock-bottom costs, ranging from designer clothing to shoes, watches, fragrances, and purses.
7. Electronic Gadgets and Gizmos
Despite the fact that Dubai is not well-known for its electronics, the costs of devices in Dubai are competitive when compared to many other regions of the world. If you come across a device that you want, simply get it because the costs are generally reasonable, if not too low.
Events at DSF
Dubai Shopping Festival, in addition to hosting the yearly shopping extravaganza, organizes an array of events throughout the year, each with a different theme to keep customers amused. Live concerts, fireworks displays, stage presentations, corporate promotions, and art installations are among the many attractions of DSF’s annual festival. People not only have the option to purchase at high-end stores as well as on the high street, but they also have the possibility to win huge rewards. In the midst of all the shopping and festivities, every mall in Dubai offers activities for children, varied seminars for different age groups, and exhibitions that include one-of-a-kind merchandise.
Best Places to Shop in Dubai Shopping Festival
A dazzling array of vivid marketplaces, bustling with consumers from all over the world, illuminates the whole Cityline. Some of the most frequently visited malls and retail market places in the city include:1.Dubai Mall2.Al Fahidi3.Gold Souk4.Night Souk1.Dubai Mall2.Al Fahidi3.Gold Souk4.Night Souk1.Dubai Mall2.Al Fahidi3.Dubai Mall2.Dubai Mall3.Dubai Mall2.Dubai Mall3.Dubai Mall2.Dubai Mall3.Dubai Mall2.Dubai Mall3.Dubai Mall2.Dubai Mall3.Dubai Mall2.Dubai Mall 6.Al Rigga Street 7.Mall of the Emirates8.Global Village9.Lulu Village10.Waterfront Centre11.Deira City Centre and many more are located in Dubai Festival City.
Offers and Discounts During DSF
DSF is a period when there are attractive deals from practically every industry in Dubai, allowing you to have an endless amount of fun purchasing coveted items. 1.Approximately 60,000 retail establishments are offering considerable discounts ranging from 40 to 50% off gold jewellery, retail brands, gadgets, watches and fragrances. 2.Shopping malls are offering substantial discounts ranging from 30 percent to 90 percent, making this a great opportunity to purchase for high-end products that would otherwise be out of reach.
Some Handy Tips For DSF
We are certain that you are all well-versed in every aspect of the Festival by this point. However, there are a few pointers that will allow you to enjoy your shopping trip without feeling rushed or overwhelmed. Take a look at the checklist provided below: 1. The 1DSF App will keep you up to date on the most recent promotions and discounts. Download it as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on anything spectacular. 2.Plan your vacation well in advance, and if you can time your trip to coincide with the festival’s start, you will almost certainly be able to take advantage of some excellent bargains.
3.Make use of a credit card or a debit card that offers quick cashback and reward points in order to save even more money on top of the already incredible savings.
You should wear anything that is close to your body so that you may try on garments over your own tee-shirt or leggings.
Be a wise shopper when you shop! 6.Make the most of your Dubai visit by taking in the breathtaking scenery of the city, as well as the shopping, which is truly a rewarding experience.
Exclusive Holiday Packages To Attend DSF
Choose Adotrip to arrange your special holiday package because we will provide you with the greatest travel experience possible and guarantee that you do not miss anything during your stay to Dubai. Aside from shopping, don’t forget to check out the Burj Khalifa and other of the surrounding attractions. Enjoy the delights of the United Arab Emirates while taking some memorable photographs. Your memories of Dubai would endure a lifetime, and who knows, you could find yourself returning to the city every year during the huge shopping carnival.
Travel the world with Dotrip and we will assist you in creating wonderful experiences with your family and friends.
Timeframe: how Dubai Shopping Festival became so much more than a retail event
Dubai is known for being a shopper’s paradise, which is something that everyone is familiar with. This is in large part due to the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), which takes place every year and has become associated with the city of Dubai. It is important to note that DSF is not a massive fair or expo where you can purchase things. This is a widespread misperception. A city-wide event organized by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment, which is a division of Dubai’s department of tourism, takes place instead, lasting around one month and during which most major stores offer significant discounts.
At that time, there is no single area where you can go to enjoy DSF, but rather a slew of activities, promotions, and entertainment going place all throughout the city to keep you entertained.
The first festival in 1996
The DSF has a long and illustrious history that predates even the establishment of several of the city’s most prominent retail malls. As directed by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, presently Vice President of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai International Film Festival was established in 1996 to establish Dubai as a prominent tourist destination and to boost its economy and tourist industry. The first of its kind, it was intended to encompass three major aspects: shopping, prizes, and family entertainment.
- The Dubai Shopping Festival has been ongoing for more than two decades and is the world’s longest-running shopping festival.
- Al Ghurair Mall and City Centre Deira malls opened in conjunction with the Dubai Shopping Festival, according to a statement to The National.
- A total of 121 Lexus GS300 vehicles and 43 kg of gold were given away in various raffle draws during the event’s first year.
- Fireworks have been a constant feature of the festival from its beginning, and the 1996 DSF was the occasion on which Rashed Al Majed’s singleDubai Danat Al Dunya was shown throughout the world for the first time.
With no turning back since then, the event has taken place every year with the exception of 2006 when it was cancelled following the death of previous Dubai Ruler Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid, which occurred shortly after the festival was cancelled.
Introducing Global Village, themes and entertainment galore
During the second DSF, a shopping exhibition was established on the Creekside of Baniyas Street, which featured international pavilions showcasing handicrafts, food, and other products. This aspect of the festival drew a large number of visitors, and it was this aspect that inspired the creation of Global Village, which is now one of Dubai’s most well-known attractions. In following years, Global Village relocated to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road, where it has remained to this day, and developed into the seasonal theme park that we know and love today.
- All images courtesy of Pawan Singh / The National.
- The third DSF, which took place in 1998, was no different.
- In 1999, under the theme of “the greatest family gathering of the millennium”, the festival extended to street venues, with Al Riqqa, Al Muraqabbat, Al Diyafah and Al Seef coming alive with activities such as Smurfs Village, Planet Pepsi, Toy City and other family-focused entertainment.
- In 2003, for example, DSF featured musicians Whitney Houston, Bryan Adams,AR Rahman, Zakir Hussain and Jethro Tull.
- Photos of Dubai Shopping Festival’s star-studded opening event in 2021: Balqees Fathi performs at the Dubai Shopping Festival opening at Burj Park, Downtown Dubai.
- With Dubai Mall opening in 2008, it was the first time the “world’s largest mall” was added to the roster, and it did so with much excitement.
- The Walk at JBR was another new venue added that year, with international artists displaying a variety of work, from sand sculpting to macro photography.
New milestones and records broken
The DSF has announced a number of events that will push the boundaries of what is possible. As part of a Dubai Shopping Festival event in 2013, the Dubai Metro was transformed into a catwalk for Bloomingdale’s. The following year, in collaboration with luxury boutique Etoile La Boutique, DSF staged a first-of-its-kind vertical catwalk, with models gliding on ropes and wires around the walls of the Burj Khalifa’s observation deck. Dubai Shopping Festival and Bloomingdale’s presented the Fashion Train show in 2013, which was a fashion display that took place on the Dubai Metro.
Other DSF events were so successful that they went on to become as well-known as the organization itself.
The Gulf Bike Festival, which began with a Harley Davidson procession the next year, was established in the same year.
When DSF’s opening ceremony featured the world’s longest synchronised musical fireworks show, which stretched for more than six kilometers, it is widely considered to have started the trend of breaking world records with pyrotechnic displays.
Holding strong during a pandemic
In 2020, while the globe was combating the virus Covid-19, DSF played a part in boosting tourism in the United Arab Emirates. The hospitality industry responded by offering staycation packages that included savings on meals, complimentary upgrades, and scheduling flexibility in order to combat the shaky travel circumstances. When it comes to festivals and events, “Dubai is dedicated to utilizing its festivals and events, such as the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), to strengthen the domestic tourist industry,” stated Issam Kazim, CEO of Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism).
A moving timescale
Although it appears natural now to have the Dubai Shopping Festival take place in December, just before Christmas, this hasn’t always been the case. In reality, the very first DSF took place in February of this year. When Al Khaja explains, “Dubai Shopping Festival has always been held in conjunction with the global retail calendar, and it has always taken place as the autumn/winter sales season gets underway.” Market Outside The Box, an outdoor pop-up that promotes locally produced goods, is also a component of DSF.
- The event has also recently coincided with the introduction of the World’s Coolest Winter campaign, which will be released in the United Arab Emirates in 2020.
- The DSF slogan was “One World.
- One Festival” at the time of its inception.
- Since then, the theme has been changed to “Celebrate, Spend, Win,” and the slogan for the 2021-2022 event, which concludes on January 29, is “The World is Here, Let’s Play,” in keeping with the motto of the Expo 2020 Dubai, which is “The World is Here, Let’s Play.” Updated at 6:05 p.m.
Dubai Shopping Festival 2021
Empty their suitcases as soon as possible! It is now time to plan a trip to the Dubai Shopping Festival in 2021. Unlike other vacations, this one does not begin with packing your belongings. When you’re attending the world’s largest shopping extravaganza, you’ll want to pack as little as possible. After all, you’re going to have a lot on your plate on the journey back. So pack up your belongings and head to Dubai for the Dubai Shopping Festival, which will take place in 2021. The Dubai Shopping Festival will take place from December 17, 2020, to January 30, 2021.
Along with fireworks displays, there will be discounts and deals that are as explosive as the fireworks, a carnival atmosphere that will sweep across the entire country, spectacular live events that are curated to make every traveller happy, and a slew of other brilliant moments in between all of the main action.
Taking it all in may be overwhelming, even for the most experienced of shoppers. So, in order to have the greatest possible festival experience, continue reading and learn all of the useful information that has been prepared for your convenience.
Dubai Shopping Festival Dates
The event will run from the 17th of December 2020 to the 30th of January 2021. You may schedule your trip at any point in between because the bargains are available throughout the duration of the event. However, keep in mind that because products sell out so quickly, going at the conclusion of the event may result in a hit-or-miss encounter. You may come across some of the finest prices, but you may also notice a decrease in the total availability of things.
Best Things to Buy to – What to Buy at DSF
Everything under the sun is available for purchase at the DSF 2021. As Dubai transforms into the ideal shopping destination, even the most expensive brands are well within reach of the average consumer’s budget. The reductions will range from 25 percent to 95 percent off the retail price of over 1500 different brands. You may also get discounts on things from traditional souks and marketplaces that are participating in the event.
Here are some of the most popularly bought products:
Apparel: Take advantage of incredible fashion offers on designer and boutique items to give yourself that long-awaited wardrobe refresh this season. Buying Gold and Jewellery: DSF is one of the top sites to shop for jewelry, particularly gold, in the world. Pure gold, platinum, diamond, and precious gem jewelry, all superbly created and economically priced, may be found in this section. The festival is the perfect opportunity to build a collection or fill up on your favorite cosmetics and fragrance brands, which are available in stores all around Dubai.
- Make a list of everything you want to ensure that you don’t miss out on anything.
- Dubai is well-known for its carpets, which would make a wonderful keepsake from your trip there.
- Every shopping center features electrical stores that carry all of your favorite brands.
- It’s a fantastic opportunity to get a feel for the local souks while also brushing up on your negotiating abilities.
Best Places to Shop
The most remarkable aspect of the Dubai Shopping Festival is that it encompasses the whole country. It is not limited to the largest malls or shopping centers, but is available in every size of marketplace available. You should make a point of visiting some of the most notable places in the city, though. The Dubai Complex: Located just across the street from the soaring Burj Khalifa is the equally renowned Dubai Mall, which is the world’s largest retail mall. You might easily spend the entire day and night browsing the many world-class stores and other services available there.
- Ibn Battuta Mall is one of the most popular themed malls in the world.
- Deira City Centre: The DCC Mall in Deira, a local favorite, is another excellent shopping location during DSG 2021, since it houses not only major international brands, but also a slew of excellent local businesses.
- Dubai Festival City: This shopping complex is home to well-known brands such as IKEA, Ferrari, and Aldo.
- Outlet Mall: It is well worth the effort to travel to the Outlet Mall for its incredible factory rate reductions, which may reach up to 90 percent off retail prices across 240 retailers.
Several souks, or traditional markets, can be found around Dubai, providing you with the option to shop and sightsee at the same time. The Gold Souk, Spice Souk, Perfume Souk, and Old Souk are among the most well-known of these markets.
Top Festival Experiences to – DSF Festival Experiences
Dubai Shopping Festival is unique in that it encompasses the entire country, which is very remarkable. It is not limited to simply the largest malls or shopping centers, but is available in every size of market available. You should make a point of visiting some of the most notable places in the area, though. A visit to the Dubai Mall is a must if you’re in the area. It’s the world’s largest retail mall and sits situated next to the soaring Burj Khalifa. Exploring its numerous world-class stores and other services, you might easily go from day to night without getting tired of it.
Ibn Battuta Mall is located in the heart of the city.
While shopping in Deira City Centre, don’t forget to visit the DCC Mall, a local favorite that will be a wonderful shopping destination during DSG 2021 since it will include not only huge international brands, but also outstanding local businesses.
IKEA, Ferrari, and Aldo are just a few of the stores that make Dubai Festival City their home.
240 retailers in the Outlet Mall provide incredible factory rates that can reach up to 90 percent off retail prices.
Several souks, or traditional marketplaces, can be found around Dubai, providing visitors with the option to purchase while also taking in the sights.
Handy Tips to – Tips Before going to Dubai Shopping Festival
- The DSF App: The official app is the greatest way to remain informed on all of the newest offers, including flash sales
- It also serves as a convenient method to find out where to go and when to go. Begin as soon as possible: Take use of your days by beginning your search for the proper items and sizes by beginning your search early in the morning to beat the crowds. Prepare for your vacation by doing the following: Being spontaneous is enjoyable, but doing some study and preparing ahead of time can help you make the most of your time at the Dubai Shopping Festival in 2021. Investigate other activities: Yes, there is more than plenty to do during the event to keep you occupied. However, while you’re in the Emirate, why not take advantage of some of the best attractions the country has to offer, such as Desert Safaris, Glow Garden, Ferrari World, the Burj Khalifa, and Global Village.
Organizers anticipate that the Dubai Shopping Festival 2020 will be an unforgettable event that will leave you with more than just luggage full of your favorite goods, but also a mind full of fond memories. When you choose one of the top Thomas CookDubai Shopping Festival packages, you’ll be able to pamper yourself in a luxurious holiday.