The safest thing to do is wear casual outfits as if you were going to Dubai Mall. This is because most tours are in the new part of Dubai, and there are fewer conservative people there. Women can wear dresses, shorts, t-shirts, skirts, tops, jeans, pants, etc. Men can wear shirts, t-shirts, pants, shorts, jeans, etc.
- You can dress as casually as you want, as long as it’s appropriate. You can wear shorts in Dubai. Even skirts, if they are at knee length and not shorter than that. T-shirts with inappropriate slogans or jokes – they might be funny to some but also offensive to others. In the malls in Dubai, you can wear anything that makes you feel comfortable.
What should female tourists wear in Dubai?
What should tourists wear in Dubai? When visiting Dubai as a tourist, you will be glad to know that the dress code in tourist places and hotels isn’t very strict. Men can wear shorts, pants, shirts, or t-shirts. Women can wear dresses, skirts, shorts, and t-shirts, blouses, tops …
How can I dress in Dubai?
The general rule regarding dressing in public in Dubai is to wear clothing that covers your shoulders and your knees. It’s best to refrain from wearing clothing that is too tight or too revealing for both men and women. It’s a good idea to carry a light sweater or shawl with you when going out into public places.
How can I look stylish in Dubai?
General Tips Carry Sunglasses, a summer hat and sunscreen in your beach bag to avoid the UV rays. Women can also choose to sport a cute bandana with their beach look, as they are very much in fashion nowadays.
What should you not wear in Dubai?
It’s best to avoid wearing any sleeveless shirts, sleeveless dresses, mini-skirts, and short shorts. There’s a lot of walking in Dubai airport because it’s so big. It’s best to avoid any high heels and wear comfortable trainers or sandals instead. Even flip-flops are okay.
What should I avoid in Dubai?
10 things you can’t do in Dubai
- Writing a cheque that bounces.
- Sleeping with your partner.
- Being gay.
- Smoking electronic cigarettes.
- Staying in a hotel if you’re under 18.
- Being drunk.
- Taking drugs.
Can you kiss in Dubai?
Well, among public displays of affection, kissing might be the worst of the lot. It does not matter if one party kisses the other on the lips, on the cheek, or in a private place that would get them locked upon any part of the world; kissing is forbidden in public places in Dubai.
Can I wear skinny jeans in Dubai?
Can I wear skinny jeans / ripped jeans? Wearing jeans are allowed in Dubai. While skin tight jeans may be fine in the night clubs, wearing it in other public places may seem offensive. Ripped jeans are not allowed in Dubai.
Can couples hold hands in Dubai?
Married couples holding hands “is tolerated ” but the Foreign Office suggests all open displays of affection are “generally not tolerated.” All sex outside marriage is illegal in Dubai.
Can I wear ripped jeans in Dubai?
Ripped jeans are not allowed to be worn in Dubai, for both male and females. As the city showcases varying tolerance levels to clothing style, it is best to ditch those skin-tight jeans for a few days.
Do you have to wear a hijab in Dubai?
Dress code in public places in Dubai Women do not have to cover their head, face and hair with a scarf or something similar in public, although Muslim women, particularly Gulf Arabs, do cover their hair, face and head with a scarf for cultural and religious reasons.
How can I marry a girl in Dubai?
When an Emirati woman wishes to marry an expatriate man, she should obtain: consent from her parents/guardian. For Emirati women marrying expatriate men
- must not be stateless.
- must be a legitimate resident of the UAE.
- must obtain a certificate of good conduct issued from the UAE.
Is Dubai on the red list?
Travel to Dubai has been off limits for most of 2021 as the United Arab Emirates was added to the red list back in January to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Can you show your shoulders in Dubai?
Dubai does welcome tourist and is quite liberal, however there are some instances where it pays to dress slightly more conservatively, covering your shoulders and knees, and other times where you can dress for your own comfort.
Is there a dress code for Burj Khalifa?
There is no set dress code for visiting the Burj Khalifa observation deck, so you can wear whatever you feel most comfortable in, although it is advisable to dress modestly in Dubai. If you want to dine inside the world’s tallest restaurant- At. mosphere, formal dress and smart shoes are required.
What To Wear in Dubai (Clothing Advice for Tourists)
The most often requested question by visitors visiting Dubai and the other Emirates of the United Arab Emirates is ‘what should I wear?’ ‘Do I have to cover my hair?’ I inquire. What is the dress code for wearing a bikini on the beach or at a waterpark in Dubai? In Abu Dhabi, may I wear a short dress to a shopping mall?’ I wonder. ‘Can I wear shorts in Dubai?’ I inquire. Women are often the ones who seek assistance, but men should also be informed about local customs and traditions because they may be required to wear long pants, a shirt, and closed shoes on specific occasions as well.
In this piece, you’ll discover no-nonsense practical advice and real-life examples of what to dress in Dubai as a visitor, as well as suggestions on what to avoid.
What clothes is suitable in Muslim nations varies greatly depending on which country you are going as well as the locations you visit.
I purchased a maxi skirt just for our upcoming vacation to Dubai.
I believe that one should always be mindful to the unique customs and traditions of a nation and its citizens.
But that’s a different subject, so let’s not go into politics here.
Find out for yourself!
What to wear in Dubai: practical advice for travelers
When it comes to attire, Dubai is really a fairly casual and accepting environment. Because the audience is composed primarily of people from all over the world, the wardrobe is as diverse. In Dubai, you will find individuals dressed in every type of clothes conceivable – from shorts and sleeveless t-shirts to burqas and everything in between. But keep in mind that you are visiting a Muslim nation and that you are a guest. So, once again, if in question, always choose for the ‘less risky’ alternative.
Dress code at Dubai hotels, restaurants, and malls
Almost all of Dubai’s shops, restaurants, and hotels encourage guests to “dress modestly,” with the recommendation to cover one’s knees and shoulders. On the contrary, we encountered several individuals who did not meet this description, and no one seems particularly concerned about them. As long as you don’t stay in one of Dubai’s more touristy areas (hotels, shops, etc.), you may pretty much dress as you like. Keep in mind that if you come during Ramadan, the regulations may be enforced more rigorously, so keep that in mind as well.
Men are required to wear long pants and closed shoes at most premium restaurants; women are permitted to wear sandals at any time. Do not enter a restaurant while wearing simply a bikini or swimming shorts; beachwear is only for the beach.
What to wear on the beach, swimming poolswater parks in Dubai
Beachwear ranging from bikinis to full-cover Islamic swimwear is permitted on all beaches, pools, and waterparks, such as the Atlantis, The Palm’s Aquaventure Waterpark and its surrounding areas. The sole regulation on Dubai’s beaches and waterparks is that you must not be naked.
What to wear in United Arab Emirates mosques, traditional markets, and rural areas
Beachwear ranging from bikinis to full-cover Islamic swimwear is permitted on all beaches, pools, and waterparks, such as the Atlantis, The Palm’s Aquaventure Waterpark and its surrounding area. No one is allowed to go naked on Dubai’s beaches or waterparks, and this is the sole law in place.
What to wear on Dubai desert safari
Visiting the desert is one of the most popular tourist activities available outside of the city. In terms of clothing, I would suggest wearing slacks, shorts, or capri pants (no skirts or small shorts) and a T-shirt or blouse to the event. Sun protection should not be overlooked! Please do not take the image below as an example of what to dress in the desert of Dubai. We can assure you that your experience will be far more pleasant than ours. In the desert, it is customary to be quite hot, therefore dress in light clothing that will protect you from the heat.
It is entirely up to you whether you like sandals or closed shoes.
Clothing advice for Abu Dhabi and the other Emirates
It is a well-known fact that desert excursions are among the most popular tourist activities outside of the city. In terms of clothing, I would suggest wearing jeans, shorts, or capri pants (no skirts or small shorts) and a T-shirt or blouse to the interview. Sun protection should not be overlooked. Use the image below as an example of what not to wear in the Dubai desert, not as a guideline. We can assure you that your experience will be far more pleasant than we had. In the desert, it’s usually really hot, so dress in light clothes that will keep you cool and protected from the heat when you go out.
Whether you like sandals or closed shoes is entirely up to you.
What to wear for women traveling to Dubai alone
You should dress modestly whether you are traveling to Dubai by yourself or with a group of female pals, especially at night. It’s all up to you, of course, but I’m basing this on the way many guys looked at two young females in tight little dresses when we happened to meet them at the Dubai Marina one evening.
Do you need warm clothing in Dubai?
In Dubai, summer attire and footwear are usually all that is required. A lightweight sweater might be useful for a few chilly winter evenings or for shopping centers where it is colder. At the time of our visit in December, the malls were air-conditioned but not so chilly that you needed a sweater. According to what I’ve heard, things may be different during the warmer months, and you may want to bring a small sweater with you when you go shopping in case the air conditioning is working too hard.
During the daytime, the minimum temperature in Dubai in winter is approximately 20°C (68°F), with the highest temperature reaching 28°C (82°F) in the evening.
You have to be lucky, don’t you think?
Our pants and coats were never needed in Dubai, and we only wore our sweaters once or twice at night, with the exception of this one rather cold day. All of my closed-toe shoes were packed in my bag for the duration of the trip.
What should you definitely pack for Dubai?
As I mentioned above, I’m not going to give you the entire packing list because packing for Dubai is quite similar to preparing for any other warm-weather trip. So here are a few pointers to get you started. First and foremost, make sure you have a summer shawl/wrap with you that you can use to cover your head, shoulders, and knees if necessary in the heat. Second, go for a pair of sandals that are both comfy and stylish. You may, however, appear a little out of place with the hiking sandals.
What to wear in Dubai in winter?
It is also recommended that you bring some warmer garments if you are visiting Dubai during the winter months of December and January, for example. On most days, a t-shirt is sufficient attire during the day, but it may get rather chilly in the evenings and at night. Remember to carry a pair of long pants or a long skirt as well as a sweater if you’re heading to Dubai in the winter. A light jacket is also a smart idea to take, especially if you intend on going on any evening excursions on the lake or into the desert.
In addition to the foregoing, here are other commonly asked questions regarding what to dress in Dubai that we receive from visitors: What should visitors dress in Dubai is a question that many people ask. When traveling to Dubai as a tourist, you will be relieved to discover that the dress code in tourist attractions and hotels is not overly stringent. Shorts, slacks, shirts, and t-shirts are all acceptable attire for men. Women can dress in dresses, skirts, shorts, t-shirts, blouses, and tops, among other things.
- When in doubt, keep your legs and shoulders covered with your hands.
- Yes, you may wear leggings in Dubai, however it is not recommended that you do so as your only pair of trousers.
- If you’re simply going to be wearing leggings, it’s generally advisable to put a really long blouse over top of them.
- When it comes to clothing code in Dubai, it is pretty permissive.
- Generally speaking, if you cover your shoulders and knees, you should be alright even in the more traditional locations.
- What should you wear on your Dubai tours?
- However, in general, you can dress in whichever casual clothing make you feel most comfortable.
- Yes, ladies are permitted to wear pants in Dubai.
- Clothing that is a little looser will be more comfortable.
- Females are not compelled to cover their hair in Dubai, contrary to popular belief.
- Are you planning a trip to Dubai soon?
Consider checking out our hand-picked collection of the greatest tours, day excursions, and activities available in Dubai. ALSO WORTH READING: What is the cost of living in Dubai? More information and inspiration for your vacation to Dubai may be found at the following websites:
- Dubai Stopover – What to do in Dubai in 1 or 2 days
- Dubai Facts: from Must Know to Trivia
- Best Free Things to Do in Dubai
- Dubai Public Transportation
- Things to Do in Dubai with Kids
If you found this information useful, please bookmark and share it with others. Are you a member of Pinterest? Save this image to your Pinterest board! Photo courtesy of Fredrik hlander via Unsplash.
What to Wear in Dubai
By shopping through the links in our articles, you can help to support TFG. We get a modest commission (at no additional cost to you) to enable us to continue to provide you with useful free information. As an Amazon Associate, we receive commissions on qualifying purchases made on Amazon, as well as those made at other stores listed in the blog. Thank you for your assistance; we much appreciate it! Fashion in Dubai is a reflection of many different cultures, and there is a wide variety of styles to choose from.
- Georgina Hardman wrote the piece.
- When putting up your Dubai packing list, be sure you include skirts that reach the knee as well as blouses that have shoulder covering and no cleavage.
- Once you’ve left the resort grounds, it’s important to dress in a conservative manner.
- Gorgeous luxury purses and shoes, as well as a fashion sense to match, are ubiquitous in Dubai, so feel free to include your own in your packing list for the city.
- Several factors should be taken into consideration while deciding what to dress in Dubai, beginning with the season of year: Linen Blouse|White Shirt|Stripe Linen Tee|Jumpsuit|Skirt|Ankle Jeans Linen Blouse|White Shirt|Stripe Linen Tee|Jumpsuit|Skirt|Ankle Jeans
What to Wear in Dubai in Winter and Spring
From November through April, the temperature can range from warm to chilly. These are the best months to spend time outside, walking, swimming, participating in water sports, golfing, touring, and other activities. Summer clothing is perfect for your Dubai packing list, but don’t forget to include a cardigan, jacket, and pashmina for the evenings when it becomes a little chilly. Jeans, trousers, coats, and boots are all readily available at this time of year, since it is refreshing to have a different wardrobe to wear every now and again.
As a result, a daytime temperature of 25°C/77°F in winter will drop to 15°C/59°F, while a summer temperature of 45°C/113°F will drop to 35°C/95°F. Knitted Tee|Shirtdress|Printed Tee|Tied Culottes|Striped Dress|Maxi Skirt|Linen Tee
What to Wear in Dubai in Summer and Fall
June through October sees highs ranging from 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) to 47 degrees Celsius (117 degrees Fahrenheit) during the day! It’s not just the heat, but also the heavy humidity, which makes it unbearably hot and sticky. Summer garments that are very cool and loose are the best items to take for your trip to Dubai, as the humidity may make clothes feel tight and unpleasant when worn. The best fabrics include cotton, linen, and silk. Keep in mind that because the air conditioning is running at full blast, anywhere indoors might get quite chilly!
What Local Women Wear in Dubai
Women from Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan are known for being extremely gorgeous and self-conscious of their bodies. They appear to solely dress in designer clothing (or at least clothing that has the appearance of being designer)! They choose tailored clothes, high heels, a lot of jewelry and accessories, and they always appear to be fully dressed and with their hair done, which is nearly difficult for the rest of us simple mortals to do. Then there are the “Jumeirah Janes,” who are ladies from the United Kingdom or Western countries who have settled in Jumeirah.
However, this is not the case.
The Indian or subcontinental females dress in a variety of styles, including western clothes and vibrant Indian attire.
Light Cardigan|Linen Blazer|Convertible Cardi|Linen BlazerPlus Please keep the local culture in mind when putting up your Dubai packing list. Westerners are instructed and are aware that they should dress modestly; nonetheless, they frequently disregard this advice and dress anyway they choose despite the conservative atmosphere of the region. Short shorts, tank tops, bikinis, and cleavage should be avoided in public. Since I’ve been a resident of Dubai since 1988, I have a high regard for the dress code and am startled to see such flagrant contempt for it.
This article contains suggestions on how to dress appropriately for conservative nations.
In the Middle East, Dubai is the most glamorous place to stay and shop, and it is also the most expensive. Travelers, expats, and the local businesspeople who live and work in this flourishing metropolis may enjoy the finest in luxury accommodations. If you intend to go shopping, keep your Dubai packing list as minimal as possible! This country is home to a plethora of shopping malls, such as Villa Moda, that are ideal for customers searching for branded and high-quality things to purchase. Furthermore, Dubai is the site of the Mall of Emirates, the largest shopping mall in the Middle East, with a total floor area of over 6 million sq.
- This massive shopping center is the ideal location to indulge in some serious retail therapy while on your luxury vacation.
- Along with some of the country’s greatest retailers, the Egyptian-inspired Wafi Shopping Mall is a great place to shop for designer garments from brands such as Prada, YSL, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton among others.
- Every week, new designer labels and high-street companies become accessible, and global fashion trends may be observed in action.
- As a result, most fashion fads were absent from the scene–for example, piercings, tattoos, and vibrant hair colors were all uncommon.
- Nowadays, almost all premium companies have several locations throughout the city.
- Shopping malls are extremely important in the life of the majority of people in Dubai.
- Snow slopes, ice rinks, cinemas, theaters, food outlets, top international restaurants, aquariums, zoos, and many forms of children’s amusement are all available at the malls!
- High street retailers from all around the world cater to the diverse preferences and requirements of their customers and clients.
Dubai is a fantastic shopping and fashion destination, without a doubt. Do you have any other recommendations on what to dress in Dubai? Please share your thoughts in the comments section! Please see the following articles for more packing advice:
- 5 Safety Tips for Women That Are Common Sense
- How to Dress Properly for Conservative Environments
- 20 Summer Maxi Dresses
- How to Choose the Best Travel Shoes
- How to Choose the Best Summer Maxi Dresses
Travel resources that have been recommended:
- Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a Shoestring
- Lonely Planet Dubai (Country Guide)
- Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a Budget
I hope you liked this post on what to wear in Dubai. Please share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Biographical Information about the Author: Georgina is originally from the United Kingdom and has been a resident of Dubai since 1988. She has two teenage children and is married to a wonderful man. Upon graduating from high school, Georgina entered the London College of Fashion to study fashion merchandising. Before relocating to Dubai, she worked for John Lewis & Partners. She has always had a strong desire to be a writer.
What to Wear in Abu Dhabi & Dubai: 10 Must Have Fashion Items
This is the definitive guide to looking your best in the United Arab Emirates. You’ll find out what to wear in Abu Dhabi and what to wear in Dubai in this section. We’ll talk about the ten stylish products that are a must-have. You’ll wear these outfits again and over again in Abu Dhabi since they’re so comfortable and stylish. Along with this, you’ll learn about the female dress code in Abu Dhabi and have access to some exclusive Abu Dhabi travel information. We’re not talking about the traditional attire of the United Arab Emirates.
- So, if you’re wondering, “What should I wear in Abu Dhabi?” this is the answer.
- During your stay to Abu Dhabi, it is important that you show respect for the local culture and customs.
- Abu Dhabi’s dress code and behavior are dictated by the Muslim code of ethics, which may be found here.
- It does not incorporate typical behavioral routines, as the name suggests.
- Getting intoxicated or expressing PDA, for example, are both strictly prohibited.
A Note About Modesty
The dress code of the United Arab Emirates is well-known for being more permissive than in its Middle Eastern counterparts. Women are not required to dress in the traditional clothing of the United Arab Emirates. You are not required to cover your head or dress in traditional Muslim clothing. That being stated, the most important piece of advice I can provide is to “Practice Modesty.” All of the clothing regulations in Abu Dhabi concentrate around modest attire. This is particularly crucial in public settings such as retail malls and parks.
- Nothing that is too tight
- Nothing that is too transparent
- No inappropriate images or words Do not expose your shoulders or your knees, and do not expose your cleavage.
Nothing that is too tight; nothing that is too transparent; no inappropriate images or quotations Do not expose your shoulders or your knees; also, do not expose your cleavage;
Climate in the UAE
Warm weather is expected. The majority of the United Arab Emirates is made up of desert. It shares a boundary with the stunning Persian Gulf. As a result, it is a popular beach location that receives little rain. Summer (from May to September) is the most inconvenient season to visit. In September, the temperature in Abu Dhabi might reach 105°F (40°C) or higher. Many businesses and tourist sites simply close their doors during this period. The months of December, January, and February are the coldest in Abu Dhabi, with temperatures averaging around 20 degrees Celsius.
- This may be an excellent option for individuals who do not enjoy melting in the sun.
- A light jacket would enough for the colder months.
- The ideal time to travel to the United Arab Emirates is during the fall and spring seasons.
- The weather in Abu Dhabi in April is ideal for travelers searching for a warm, sunny, and relaxing beach holiday.
- When traveling to Abu Dhabi, what should a woman wear?
These crucial items are developed to match the approved dress code in the United Arab Emirates, and you’ll wear them again and again! These components are a good fit for one another. They’re intended to be used in conjunction with one another in order to conserve room in your bag.
1. Midi Sundress
The nicest gowns in Abu Dhabi are modest, yet they are very feminine in design. You’ll need a midi-length sundress for this occasion! Because they reach below the knee, midi length dresses are really fashionable right now. They are also pretty modest because they are so short. Obtaining a dress with short sleeves is now the key to success. Straps made of spaghetti will not suffice. You may choose from a scooped, sweetheart, or V-shaped neckline for your dress. Just be cautious not to disclose any cleavage in this situation.
- Recently, linen has become increasingly trendy.
- Linen fibers are derived from flax plants, and as a result, they are extremely robust and absorbent.
- Linen is a sumptuous fabric, and luxury is something that Abu Dhabi is known for in spades.
- Pair your midi sundress with a Panama hat, bright jewelry, and clunky shoes for a summery look.
- Make adjustments to your shoes and accessories to get the style you choose, whether it is more casual or more formal.
2. Wide Brim Sunhat
The weather in Abu Dhabi and Dubai is extremely hot, extremely hot, extremely scorching! The sun is shining relentlessly, and rain is exceedingly improbable. The opportunity to enjoy local beaches, hotel pools, and island escapes will be available to you. Take a look at these well rated Dubai hotels with direct beach access. Stylish sunhats with a broad brim are the ideal complement to your Abu Dhabi attire. It is both functional and stylish! In addition, sunhats are vital since they protect your sensitive skin from the harmful UV radiation.
- It’s also the most effective way to prevent skin malignancies such as melanoma.
- Pair this with your favorite bikini, cover-up, and shoes for a traditional look.
- Swimsuits in neutral colors with eye-catching accents are my favorite.
- Sunhats featuring inscriptions have been increasingly fashionable in recent years.
- These look great when paired with a plain black swimsuit and vibrant accessories.
- If text on a sunhat isn’t your thing, you’ll have no trouble finding a more straightforward option.
This will transform your everyday sunhat into something spectacular! The great accessory for women in Abu Dhabi, no doubt about it! Your sunhat will look fantastic with your maxi sundress, as would your sunglasses. More on this in a moment.
3. Flowy Maxi Sundress
A maxi sundress is the ideal dress for the United Arab Emirates! I’m referring to the sort of dress that is long, flowing, and catches in the wind. Pastel hues or neutral colors such as white or black will be the best choices for your beautiful Abu Dhabi outfit. Cotton and linen are examples of natural fabrics that you should use. By default, this is the ideal Abu Dhabi dress for ladies since it covers your legs completely! Additionally, make certain that it has thick straps that drop over your shoulders.
When it comes to maxi sundresses in Abu Dhabi, what do people wear?
It goes nicely with your wide-brimmed sunhat, don’t you think?
A jumpsuit is the perfect piece of Abu Dhabi apparel to make a statement! The most flattering jumpsuits are those that are full-length and cover your shoulders. What to Wear in Dubai: If you’re thinking what to wear in Dubai, a striking jumpsuit is your best friend. When I say “statement,” I’m referring to anything out of the ordinary or distinctive. Something that makes a statement! Choose a vibrant hue or a graphic pattern that stands out. This is your chance to select a fabric or cut that is one of a kind.
- They’re a space saver and a head turner all in one.
- Take a look at these fascinating date ideas for couples in Dubai.
- My jumpsuit would look great with some flat sandals and a large, floppy sunhat if I were to wear it to the beach.
- Bringing a sassy designer purse and some white chunky shoes would be my go-to outfit for a day of touring in the city.
- Consider a silk headband or one-of-a-kind pieces of jewelry.
5. Modest Swimsuit
Let’s take a moment to talk about the dress code for the Abu Dhabi beach. I’m sure the majority of you are wondering* if it is permissible to wear a bikini in Dubai. The answer is a resounding yes! However, you may want to consider which beaches you intend to visit before making your decision. Private beaches (such as those owned by hotels and apartment complexes) are more easygoing than public beaches. You may pretty much wear any type of bikini you want to this event. If you want to attend a public beach, you may want to go for a more modestAbu Dhabi beaches bikini, on the other hand.
Avoid thong bottoms, transport materials, and anything else that appears to be too revealing.
It’s also vital to remember that the overall clothing code is more loose near the shore than it is elsewhere.
As a result, shorts and sundresses that are shorter in length are acceptable. But you must wear a cover-up over your swimwear! It is not suitable to wear a bikini anywhere other than on the beach or in the water.
6. Designer Accessories
Those who own high-end designer items can show them off in this setting. Women’s clothes in Abu Dhabi is mostly focused on high fashion. Women with complete burqa dresses and Prada handbags are typical sightings in the city. Jimmy Choo heels are a must-have. Bring along your Louis Vuitton purse, your Gucci sunglasses, and your Chanel sneakers for the occasion. Whatever you’ve got, put it to good use. A few important fashion pieces are required in this setting.
7. City Shorts
I’m sure you’re wondering what’s going on at this point. Is it permissible to wear shorts in Dubai? Is it permissible to wear shorts in Abu Dhabi? Bermuda shorts are the best option in Abu Dhabi since short-shorts are not acceptable clothing. Bermuda shorts are cut slightly above the knee, which allows them to be worn in accordance with the Dubai women’s dress code. They look particularly good when paired with a nice branded tee or a simple tee and a Panama hat. It’s a simple, casual ensemble, so make a statement with your shoes and accessories by going large and flashy.
8. Flowy Statement Pants
I’m sure you’re wondering what I’m talking about. In Dubai, is it permissible to wear a shorts? It is permissible to dress casually in Abu Dhabi. Bermuda shorts are the preferred option in Abu Dhabi since short-shorts are not proper clothing. Due to the fact that Bermuda shorts are cut just above the knee, they are acceptable for female visitors to the UAE. A nice branded tee, or even just a plain tee and a Panama hat go very well with these. You may go large and flashy with your shoes and accessories here because it’s a basic, casual look.
Fortunately, there aren’t any limits on shoes in the dress code for female employees. Dubai is scorching hot, scorching hot, scorching hot! As a result, you’ll require a pair of sandals. Bring one pair of flat sandals and one pair of platform, strappy sandals, if you don’t mind me asking. This pair of platform sandals will be ideal for wearing on the beach, beside the pool, or to a restaurant. You may pair them with other types of suitable attire in Dubai, such as a maxi dress, a midi dress, or a pair of wide-leg silk trousers, to complete your look.
10. Silk Scarf
When you go to the mosque, you may use it to cover your head, wrap it around your pocketbook, or use it to create a dramatic hair decoration with it. It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. For additional information, please see our disclaimer.
What to wear in Dubai: Packing checklists and clothing tips for your vacation
- Using it to cover your head at the mosque, wrap it around your pocketbook, or make a stunning hair piece are all possibilities. Some links in this post may be sponsored. For additional information, please see our disclaimer.
Shoes to pack for Dubai
- Wearing light, comfortable footwear during the day (and remembering that your feet may swell in the heat) is essential – we recommend Hotter shoes for absolute comfort and style
- And Avoid high heels during the day and instead go for some lovely flat sandals in the evening. Make use of theLindsay Phillips Switch Flopsrange, which has interchangeable shoe and flip-flop bases with snap-on embellishments, allowing you to transform your style from day to evening in an instant while still packing light.
Clothing tips for women
- Light, comfortable footwear should be worn during the day (and keep in mind that your feet may swell in the heat). We recommend Hotter shoes for absolute comfort and style. Avoid high heels in the daytime and instead wear attractive flat sandals in the evening. Make use of theLindsay Phillips Switch Flopsrange, which has interchangeable shoe and flip-flop bases with snap-on embellishments, allowing you to transform your style from day to night in an instant while still packing light.
Clothing tips for men
- Continue to dress in a cool and relaxed manner
- Linen pants and shirts are appropriate, and shorts are absolutely suitable when shopping. Despite the fact that it is 45 degrees outdoors, the air conditioning works effectively and it may be rather pleasant inside buildings
- You may want to bring a light jacket or sweater with you. Shirts, shorts, polos, and swimsuits from theMadda Fellacollection are among our favorites.
Regions of Dubai
- If you are intending on traveling further afield, we recommend that you avoid wearing short tops, short skirts / shorts, tight or body-revealing clothing, and other such items. Cotton or other natural fiber shirts or t-shirts, along with cotton slacks or an ankle-length skirt, are appropriate and do provide adequate coverage for the shoulders. Maintain a loose fit in your clothing – this has the dual benefit of keeping you cooler while also drawing less unwanted attention.
Other things to pack
- Our recommendation for traveling further afield would be to refrain from wearing short tops, short skirts/shorts, tight clothing or anything that reveals too much of your body. Cotton or other natural fiber shirts or t-shirts, along with cotton slacks or an ankle-length skirt, are appropriate and do provide adequate coverage for the shoulder area. Maintain a loose fit in your clothing — this has the dual benefit of keeping you cooler while also drawing less undesirable attention.
What to wear in Dubai
Are you unsure of what to dress in Dubai? While Dubai is undoubtedly the most well-known and visited city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), it is also one of the most popular destinations for foreign visitors. Dubai, which is both a global metropolis and a Middle Eastern center, provides a wide range of activities for visitors, regardless of whether they are there for pleasure or business purposes. A lot of people think of Dubai as a futuristic metropolis, and they are right. From its soaring buildings and world-class infrastructure to the way in which its residents live their lives, everything about the city is impressive.
Although Dubai enjoys a high degree of modernism, it is vital to remember that its culture is extremely similar to that of other Arab countries.
The Arab and Islamic cultures are the most prevalent influences in Dubai, and this is reflected in the architecture of the traditional market and souks, as well as the cuisine and, of course, the dress that people prefer to wear.
What locals wear in Dubai
Due to the fact that Dubai is a part of an Islamic country but is also highly contemporary and at the forefront of many worldwide fashion trends, it is understandable that visitors to this fascinating city are frequently perplexed as to what they should bring with them. When visiting Dubai, the most important thing to remember is that, despite the city’s modernism, respect for local customs is very essential. The same is true for any new country you are visiting, especially one whose culture is distinct from your own.
- Those who reside in Dubai understand that dressed in classic, modest, and, as a result, gorgeous apparel is the preferred method of expression.
- In reality, the people of Dubai have managed to blend these two components together in the most elegant way possible.
- For ladies, this is an abaya (a black robe), and for males, it is a kandora (a white robe, identical to that of a woman’s garment), respectively.
- In the same way, travelers are not required to dress in traditional attire when visiting the city.
- If this is something you are interested in learning more about, all you have to do is inquire when you are at one of the local markets.
- When it comes to fashion, Dubai is fairly similar to many other sophisticated cities throughout the world.
- When deciding what to pack and what to leave at home for your vacation to Dubai, no matter how progressive the city strives to be, dressed modestly and with respect for the local culture must always be your first goal when deciding what you should and should not bring with you.
- Wearing short shorts on other vacations is quite appropriate, and there are many of them available for you to choose from.
What to wear in Dubai
For tourists visiting Dubai, there is a wide variety of activities to choose from. From resting by the beach, taking use of your hotel’s spa, and visiting local public sites such as shopping malls and markets, to taking a quad bike trip through the desert sand dunes, there is something for everyone. Many areas in Dubai have a dress code as well, which is especially true for upscale restaurants, pubs, and clubs, which will prohibit admittance if you are wearing sneakers or otherwise appear to be too casually attired.
As a result, deciding what to pack for Dubai is primarily dependent on the activities that you anticipate participating in.
By doing so, you will be able to prepare for any and all possible circumstances, and you will never feel as though you have forgotten something or that you are underprepared for your vacation.
Consequently, be careful not to overpack your bag so that you have enough room to bring back some keepsakes from your vacation.
What to wear in Dubai for women
Visitors visiting Dubai may choose from a wide selection of activities. There are a variety of activities to choose from, ranging from resting by the beach to taking use of your hotel’s spa to seeing local public locations such as shopping malls and marketplaces to going quad biking through the desert sand dunes. Many areas in Dubai have a dress code as well, which is especially true for upscale restaurants, pubs, and clubs, which will prohibit admittance if you are wearing trainers or otherwise appear to be overly casual in your appearance.
As a result, what to pack for Dubai is heavily influenced by the activities you anticipate participating in.
You will be able to plan for all possible occurrences in this manner, and you will never feel as if you have under-packed or are underprepared for your vacation in this manner.
Consequently, be careful not to overpack your bag so that you have enough room to bring back some keepsakes from your adventure.
Clothing packing list for women
- Dresses with a loose fit for summer
- Dresses for the beach – but make sure they are not too short and that they cover your breast and back. Shorts – again, not too short, as per the preceding set of criteria
- T-shirts, shirts, tunics, swimsuits, and swimsuit covers are all available. Jeans are acceptable as long as they are not excessively thick or overly tight. This is not so much due to the fact that they are regarded immodest as it is due to the fact that it is just too hot to wear anything that tight
- Midi skirts
- Maxi skirts
- Mini skirts Kaftans are great for the beach and for lounging around in while at your hotel. Underwear
- Shoes that are appropriate for trekking and desert excursions
- Footwear: sandals, flip flops, pashmina, shawl, scarf, etc. Hats
- Several slightly more formal and sophisticated outfit alternatives for when you want to go to a fine restaurant, bar, or nightclub. For elegant restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs once again go for high heels. Beach bag, jumpsuits, clutch handbags, and other accessories Jewellery
- An daily handbag that is both safe and simple to use – perfect for while you are out and about seeing Dubai’s attractions. Crossbody bags are often a decent choice for an everyday bag
- Nevertheless, they may be pricey. Suit for summer
What not to wear in Dubai
Summer dresses with a loose fit; Dresses for the beach – but make sure they are not too short and that they cover your breast and back; a pair of shorts that isn’t too short (see the preceding set of guidelines); T-shirts, shirts, tunics, swimsuits, and swimsuit covers are all options for women. If the jeans are not excessively thick or too tight, they are acceptable. This is not so much due to the fact that they are regarded immodest as it is due to the fact that it is just too hot to be wearing anything that tight.
Underwear;sSocks;sPyjamas; Shoe for trekking and desert safaris that is not too bulky.
Hats;sSunglasses; Several significantly more formal and attractive outfit alternatives for when you want to go to a great restaurant, bar, or nightclub: For good restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs once again choose for high heels.
Bags for everyday use, such as crossbody bags, are often an excellent choice.
- Booty shorts, hot shorts, little skirts, thigh-grazing shorts
- These are some of the hottest trends in women’s fashion. Bikini thongs with a Brazilian cut – preferably, avoid bringing these at all costs. Anything that makes your undergarments visible in any way, whether partially or completely, is improper
- Wearing transparent leggings is not recommended unless you are planning to put a long tunic over them that hides your behind. When it comes to jeans, really low-waisted ones that draw all attention to your behind and have the ability to expose your buttocks when you sit
- It is not appropriate to wear anything that exposes your midriff unless you are at the beach or a nightclub. Crop shirts and similar products are just about allowed if you are wearing high waisted bottoms
- But, if you are not, they are not. Sleeveless or short-sleeved shirts and skirts, as well as tailored clothing, are acceptable. A dress or a pair of shorts that are slightly above the knee length are also suitable. They may not be appropriate in locations where there is a dress code demanding that you cover your knees and shoulders
- Nevertheless, they may be acceptable elsewhere.
What to wear in Dubai for men
For males, the dress codes in Dubai are a little less stringent, with only two essential regulations to keep in mind while packing: a turban and a blazer. Vests and shorts are OK, although shorts that are too short should be reserved for the beach.
Many restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs have restrictions against males wearing shorts and trainers. In other words, while wearing shorts with a nice collared shirt may be acceptable in certain areas, wearing them in others may result in refusal of access.
Clothing packing list for men
- Long and short sleeve shirts, shorts, tailored trousers, fitted trousers, sunglasses, T-shirts, and shirts with long and short sleeves Shoes that are appropriate for trekking and desert excursions
- For going out to upscale restaurants, pubs, and clubs, you’ll want to wear beautiful shoes. Flip flops, hat, swimming trunks, vests, polo shirts, jeans, Espadrilles, and mocasines are all good choices. When going to the opera or attending a black-tie event, you should wear a summer suit, tie, cufflinks, timepiece, blazer, and bowtie. Underwear, socks, a beach bag, and a backpack are all recommended.
What to wear in Dubai during the summer
Despite the fact that it is a warm city all year round, the summer months may be quite scorching. June, July, and August are the months when temperatures may reach an astounding and rather terrifying 50 degrees celsius throughout the day. As a result, you may be thinking what you might possible bring with you to keep you somewhat cool and comfortable amid such oppressive temperatures. While it is crucial to maintain modesty no matter what the weather conditions are outside, when it is brutally hot, choose for natural, breathable, and light materials to keep cool.
Additionally, you will want to choose clothes that is somewhat looser fitting, breezy, comfy, and simple to put on and take off.
What to wear in Dubai in public spaces
Shopping malls, the metro, parks, souks and marketplaces, restaurants, cafés, festivals, and any other area that may be visited by both locals and visitors are examples of public places to visit. Because these are the regions where you will be meeting the people, it is crucial that you dress respectfully and modestly in these settings. Women can dress in almost any way they like, as long as they don’t reveal too much cleavage or too much leg. Items such as blouses, tees, jeans, trousers, knee-length or maxi-length skirts and dresses, and jumpsuits are all excellent alternatives for such locations.
When you’re in these areas, you should keep your shoulders covered, and you should at the very least avoid revealing your legs.
Furthermore, because Dubai is an extremely hot city, the majority of indoor spaces are equipped with powerful air conditioning.
If you are visiting the souks and markets of ancient Dubai, you should dress modestly in accordance with the same rationale.
What to wear in a mosque
Mosques are places of worship, and they are revered as holy sites. A mosque should be your first choice if you want to be polite in Dubai. If you have to select only one site, make sure it is a mosque. (Though we are not advising that you should be rude anyplace else; rather, we are pointing out that mosques are extremely important places of worship for the religious residents of Dubai.) Despite the fact that this is not the case for all mosques, some are available to the public for guided tours on certain days.
Women should dress in full-length pants, a maxi skirt, or a dress, and should make sure that their shoulders, cleavage, back, or belly are not seen.
Women who go to the mosque will very certainly be requested to put on an abaya, which is a traditional black robe, on top of whatever they are currently wearing, and there is a good chance that they will be handed a head scarf as well (locally known as a shayla).
Men who attend mosques must also show courtesy and respect to their hosts. Check that your pants and shirts have long sleeves before you leave the house.
What to wear for a desert safari
Finally, if you are traveling to Dubai, it is probable that you will be spending a day or two on a safari in the desert. During this activity, you will have the opportunity to get a feel for the desert by riding camels, sand boarding, or riding quad bikes on the numerous sand dunes. As a result, your outfit selection should prioritize functionality over all else. It’s important to remember that during the daytime in the desert, it may be quite hot and sunny, and that at night, temperatures can plummet dramatically.
Ladies, you should avoid wearing shorts, skirts, and dresses when participating in desert activities since they can be unpleasant during all of the physical activities that you will be participating in.
For footwear, make sure you are wearing comfortable, functional shoes that will prevent hot sand from getting into your shoes while you are participating in desert safari activities.
What to Wear in Dubai: Your 2022 Dubai Packing List
Finally, if you are traveling to Dubai, it is probable that you will be spending a day or two on a safari in the desert region. Riders on camels, sand boarders, and quad bikers will have the opportunity to explore the desert while traversing the numerous sand dunes. You should prioritize practicality over all other considerations when choosing your outfit. Please keep in mind that temperatures can drop dramatically at nighttime in the desert, while the daytime temps are quite hot and sunny. For example, linen pants, light jeans, casual t-shirts or shirts, and sandals are all good alternatives for embarking on a desert safari, regardless of whether you are a man or woman.
When the temperatures drop in the evening, these articles of clothing will likewise be ineffective in keeping you warm.
If you intend to spend the night in the desert, it is essential that you carry a warm jacket and/or shawl with you.
What to Wear in Dubai
What to Wear in Dubai is a difficult question.
Culture and Traditions in Dubai
What to Wear in Dubai is a difficult question.
The dazzling city of Dubai is one of the seven Emirati nations that make up the United Arab Emirates, which are located in the Persian Gulf. Islam is the official religion of Dubai, as well as the religion that predominates there. This is a religion that encourages women to dress modestly.
Dubai: A Multicultural Hub
Dubai Dress Codes: What to Wear It is one of seven Emirati nations that make up the United Arab Emirates, which includes the glitzy metropolis of Dubai. Religion in Dubai is Islam, which is the official and predominate religion. A modest clothing code is encouraged in this faith.
Be Respectful of the Local Culture
As with any travel experience, you should make an effort to respect the customs and traditions of the people you meet in Dubai. This implies that you should always err on the side of humility in order to avoid offending anyone. There are a lot of western visitors walking about Dubai with short shorts and tank tops, which you may notice. While they do not appear to be troubled or questioned by the locals on a regular basis, it appears to be considered disrespectful not to be respectful of the culture.
What to Wear in Dubai: Climate Considerations by Season
What to Wear in Dubai is a difficult question. To a certain extent, the weather conditions in Dubai at the precise time of year that you want to visit will have an influence on your decision on what to wear in the city. Even in the winter months, however, temperatures seldom fall below 15 degrees Celsius in this region! Due to the warm temperatures in Dubai, you will not be need to don the warm caps and winter clothing that you would normally wear.
December to February
If you wish to avoid the severe heat of Dubai, the months of December to February are unquestionably the ideal time to travel there. Temperatures range from a low of 15 degrees Celsius to a maximum of 25 degrees Celsius throughout this period. If you want to spend some time in the sun, you can do so at either end of this period. Pack a light jacket for the evenings when it becomes a little chilly. Traveling to Dubai during this time of year has the advantage of allowing you to dress comfortably in modest clothes and long-sleeved trousers/shirts as needed without feeling too hot.
March and April
In Dubai, the months of March and April are the most pleasant for sunbathing and swimming. Temperatures, on the other hand, begin to rise into the upper thirties, and even 40 degrees Celsius, in the afternoon.
May to October
Many people find visiting Dubai during the summer months to be nearly intolerable. Temperatures have risen over 40 degrees Celsius and are on the verge of reaching 50 degrees Celsius. If you’re traveling at this period, make sure to pay close attention to sun protection. Pack a sun hat or go out and get a scarf or pashmina while you’re there. The temperatures are currently so high that going for a long walk outside is nearly unbearably uncomfortable. Fortunately, air conditioning can be found practically everywhere in Dubai.
The month of November sees the weather in Dubai continue to fall off, with lows in the late twenties and early thirties once again being experienced.
The weather is comparable to that of early Spring at this time of year. After a summer vacation, pools and beach clubs are beginning to reopen, making it a pleasant time to take advantage of the warm weather without being overheated.
Beware the Wrath of the AC
During the month of November, Dubai’s temperatures begin to fall off, with highs in the late twenties and low thirties. It seems like early Spring outside at this time of year. This is a good time of year to take advantage of the hot weather without getting burned by swimming pools or beach clubs that have reopened after their summer closure.
General Dress Code in Dubai
What to Wear in Dubai: Swimsuits and shorts (I’m a poet, after all!) are acceptable attire for the beaches and resorts. What to dress in Dubai is dependent on where you are in the city and what time of day it is. In general, though, you should merely make sure that your shoulders and knees are protected. Shorts are generally okay for guys to wear as long as they are below the knee (no hot pants, please!) and are not too tight. Women, on the other hand, should opt for long trousers or maxi skirts to avoid becoming overheated.
For females, try keeping a lightweight scarf or pashmina in your bag at all times.
When visiting mosques or other sacred buildings, you will always require additional protection.
What Not to Wear in Dubai
Fortunately, the list of things you may and cannot wear in Dubai is far wider than the list of what you can and cannot wear. Wearing low-cut shirts or revealing cleavage is strictly prohibited, as are extremely short shorts. You may, at the very least, draw unwelcome looks and attention. In the worst case scenario, you may be confronted by a member of the public or the police, who may voice their concern and request that you modify your behavior. You shouldn’t create a scene if you choose to reject all of my advise on what to wear in Dubai and you are contacted by someone.
What to Wear in Dubai: Shopping Malls and Hotels
Because hotels in Dubai are populated with international guests and westerners, you are typically free to dress whatever you like in most cases. Of course, this is within reasonable bounds. Tassels that are too frail and see-through clothing are usually best kept at home. Within the malls, many individuals appear to be free to wear whatever they wish. You should, however, continue to adhere to the guideline of covering your knees and upper body everywhere you go. The clothing guidelines for some of these malls are posted on signs requesting visitors to dress decently, while others display illustrations of what should and should not be worn.
What to Wear in Dubai: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Party
What to Wear in Dubai: The Dubai Marina is home to a slew of upscale bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. Make sure you include at least one outfit that will allow you to “dress to impress.” It’s reasonable to assume that the overall look of persons who live or work in Dubai reflects a sophisticated “see and be seen” mentality. I mean, you can dress as casually as you want, but it’s always great to have one “nice” outfit to pull out of the back of your closet when you’re traveling. Consider the following scenario: you’re on your way to the Burj or something like for afternoon tea.
In fact, the dress code in restaurants and nightclubs is tighter for males than it is for women in some instances. It is mandatory for men to dress in full-length pants and closed-toe shoes. Women, on the other hand, are permitted to dress in dresses and sandals in these settings.
What to Wear in Dubai: Swimming Pools, Beach Clubs and Water Parks
There are several fantastic pools, beaches, and beach clubs to be found in Dubai, all of which are well worth visiting at least once. You may spend the day relaxing by the private pools and beaches of Dubai’s most luxurious hotels for a modest price, or for free on certain days of the week. Swimsuits and bikinis are entirely OK in these types of settings, according to the CDC. You will find everything here, from full-body Islamic swimwear to tiny Brazilian thongs and everything in between. It should be noted that swimwear is only permitted on the beach and in the pool sections of the resort.
You are not permitted to enter stores or restaurants while wearing beachwear.
What to Wear in Dubai: Mosques and Traditional Areas
When visiting mosques or regions where there are more locals than expats, it is critical that you dress more conservatively than you normally would in Dubai. Take, for instance, the spice souk. Long sleeves and pants are recommended while visiting mosques and religious structures, and women’s hair should be covered when entering these places of worship. A scarf for your hair is usually available for hire in mosques if you are not properly attired and wish to enter the building. Alternatively, they may be able to provide you with an abaya (traditional Muslim clothing) for a little charge.
If you intend to visit holy places in Dubai, it is recommended that you pack a scarf or pashmina in your luggage.
What to Wear in Dubai: Desert Safari
A vital consideration when venturing out into the undulating dunes of the Dubai desert is the intensity of the sun’s rays in this environment. There is no provision for shade or protection from the sun. Always remember to bring a hat or a scarf to protect your head from the elements. Dress in clothing that are loose and comfy. Again, a soft cotton blouse and loose long pants are excellent choices for both sexes, as is a stylish kaftan for the female population.
What to Wear in Dubai as a Solo Female
I got a variety of cotton/linen jumpsuits for Dubai, and I always carried a pashmina to cover my shoulders when the occasion called for it. I went to Dubai on my own for the first time. It was an unexpected journey after crossing the border into the UAE from Oman, where I had been traveling previously. Long linen jumpsuits, maxi skirts, and flowy cotton shirts were among the items I purchased expressly for the vacation. I’d be able to be comfy and modest while still maintaining a sense of flair.
Although the majority of my shirts were long enough to cover my shoulders completely, I had a pashmina in my suitcase just in case.
It is my opinion that, so long as you dress appropriately in Dubai, you will be just fine.
What to Wear Elsewhere in the UAE
What to Wear in Dubai: I brought a bunch of cotton/linen jumpsuits for Dubai, and I had a pashmina in my bag to cover my shoulders when necessary. Going to Dubai was my first solo trip. Following a brief stopover in Oman, I decided to take an unexpected vacation to the UAE to see family. The vacation inspired me to buy a number of long linen jumpsuits, maxi skirts, and flowy cotton shirts for myself. Then I could be comfortable and modest while yet maintaining a sense of fashion. I always made sure to cover my legs all the way down to my ankles before leaving the house.
Even though the majority of my shirts were long enough to cover my shoulders completely, I carried a pashmina just in case. Neither the Emiratis nor anybody else ever seemed to notice or glance at me. It is my opinion that, so long as you dress appropriately in Dubai, you will be perfectly safe.
A Suggested Dubai Packing List
It is feasible to travel light to Dubai and bring clothes with you that may be worn for a variety of occasions, from casual daywear to evening elegant. Clothing made of lightweight cotton or linen should not take up much space in your baggage, either. There are certain seasonal variations to take into consideration, but while putting together your packing list for what to dress in Dubai, keep the following in mind.
Dubai Packing List
- A sunhat with a broad brim — The sun is powerful, there is sometimes no escape, and you can quickly burn your delicate head if you don’t wear one. Sunglasses
- Lip balm with SPF protection
- 3-4 t-shirts made of loose, airy cotton
- Walking sandals that are comfortable
- Flip flops for strolling around the hotel or popping out to the grocery store
- Sandals for ladies and closed-toed shoes for men are recommended. at least two or three pairs of long, lightweight pants or skirts
- Elegant jumpsuit or maxi dress for brunches, lunches, or dining out in style
- When entering mosques, a light pashmina or scarf should be worn for modesty or to conceal the hair. A bathing suit
- A sarong
- A robe A tiny daypack that is both lightweight and theft-proof
- Reusable period panties (a type of period underwear that is both ecologically friendly and lightweight)
- If you’re traveling during the winter months, bring one or two lightweight sweaters to throw on in air-conditioned environments. Pajamas that are comfortable to sleep in since the temperatures decrease at night. This is particularly important to consider if you want to camp in the desert for any portion of your vacation.
For any more queries or concerns concerning what to dress in Dubai, please don’t hesitate to contact me or leave a comment below. Have a safe journey! Melissa, thank you so much. Melissa Douglas is a travel writer and blogger from the United Kingdom who currently resides in Athens, Greece. Many high-profile travel magazines throughout the world publish her work, including Forbes Travel Guide and Matador Network. She also contributes to the Israeli daily newspaper The Times of Israel and the blog The Huffington Post.