- How much money will you need for your trip to Dubai? You should plan to spend around AED729 ($198) per day on your vacation in Dubai, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, AED164 ($45) on meals for one day and AED38 ($10) on local transportation.
Is traveling to Dubai expensive?
Is Dubai expensive to visit? Dubai is indeed not cheap, but – as everywhere in the world – it also depends on the choices you make. The biggest expense is, of course, the flight and the hotel, followed by some activities and excursions. Transport and food prices are comparable to those in Western Europe.
How much money do I need for 7 days in Dubai?
According to our research, you would need 7,836AED (1,120AED per day) spending money per couple for 7 days in Dubai.
How much is a 7-day trip to Dubai?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Dubai is $1,498 for a solo traveler, $2,690 for a couple, and $5,044 for a family of 4. Dubai hotels range from $35 to $107 per night with an average of $46, while most vacation rentals will cost $210 to $530 per night for the entire home.
Is Gucci cheaper in Dubai?
Comparing it to the price that I’d pay in the US and ultimately pay upon conversion, it’s still cheaper. Gucci is also similar in the price saving.
Is 3 days enough in Dubai?
For example, if you’re good with spending a day in the clothing-mandatory part of the city, a day on the beach and a day either in the desert or in Abu Dhabi, then three days is the perfect amount of time to spend in Dubai.
Can you use dollars in Dubai?
Yes, US dollars are widely accepted in Dubai. You will have to ask for a translation from their currency to determine price but there is no problem.
Can I use my debit card in Dubai?
It’s pretty uncommon to pay for goods and services in Dubai with any currency other than the Dirham. However, International credit and debit cards, such as Visa and Mastercard, are widely accepted at retailers. ATMs are situated nearly everywhere, and foreign debit cards can usually be used in order to take out cash.
Is shopping in Dubai expensive?
Dubai is a haven for bargain hunters. There are many places for cheap shopping in Dubai. From daily essentials to high-end products, you can find many shops and online platforms selling products at pretty reasonable prices.
What language do they speak in Dubai?
The official language of the United Arab Emirates is Arabic. Modern Standard Arabic is taught in schools, and most native Emiratis speak a dialect of Gulf Arabic that is generally similar to that spoken in surrounding countries.
How many days in Dubai is enough?
If interested in planning a Dubai itinerary, then a stay of about 5 days is the best amount of time to squeeze all of the tourism juices out of this illustrious middle eastern gem.
How do I pay in Dubai?
Shabbir’s Answer: Dubai, UAE is a modern city and accepts all possible methods for payment for goods and services. Credit Cards as well as Debit Cards such as MasterCard, Visa, JCB, etc. are all accepted at most places.
Dubai Travel Cost – Average Price of a Vacation to Dubai: Food & Meal Budget, Daily & Weekly Expenses
Do you know how much money you’ll need for your vacation to Dubai? It is recommended that you budget around AED729 ($198) per day for your holiday in Dubai, which is the average daily price based on the expenditures of previous travelers. Travelers in the past have spent an average of AED164 ($45) on meals for one day and AED38 ($10) on local transportation in Abu Dhabi. Aside from that, the average hotel rate in Dubai for a couple is AED998 ($272) per night. As a result, a one-week trip to Dubai for two individuals will cost on average AED10,202 ($2,778) in total.
How expensive is Dubai? How much money do I need for Dubai?
What is the approximate cost of a vacation to Dubai? Is Dubai a high-priced destination? The average cost of a vacation to Dubai is broken down by category on this page. All of these Dubai rates have been computed based on the budgets of actual tourists visiting Dubai.
Accommodation Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you The average cost of a night’s lodging in Dubai for a single individual is AED499. The average price of a hotel room in Dubai for two people sharing a regular double-occupancy room is AED998, according to Booking.com.
- Accommodation 1: Hotel or hostel for one personAED499
- Accommodation 1: Typical double-occupancy roomAED998
- Accommodation 2: Hotel or hostel for two peopleAED499
- Accommodation 3: Hotel or hostel for three peopleAED499
- Accommodation 4: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 5: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 6: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 7: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
What is the average cost of a holiday rental in Dubai? Prices vary depending on the location, the date, the size of the space, and the level of luxury desired. See the alternatives listed below.
Transportation Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of a cab journey in Dubai is much higher than the cost of public transportation in the country. In the past, tourists have spent an average of AED38 per person, per day, on local transportation in Dubai
- Transportation 1Taxis, local buses, subway, and other modes of public transit AED38
What is the approximate cost of a vacation to Dubai? It is, of course, dependent on the dates. We recommend Kayak because they can locate the greatest discounts across all airlines, which is why they are our top recommendation. The cost of renting a car in Dubai is determined by the dates you choose, the type of automobile you choose, the location you choose, and your age. It is recommended that you utilize Kayak because they are able to locate the best discounts across all vehicle rental businesses.
These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Food Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of food in Dubai varies depending on where you live, but on average it costs AED164 per day. A typical supper in Dubai, based on the spending habits of recent visitors, should cost around AED65 per person while dining out in an establishment. Generally speaking, breakfast is a little less expensive than lunch or supper. The price of food at sit-down restaurants in Dubai is frequently higher than the price of food in fast food restaurants or street food vendors. AED164 for two meals for one day
Prices for food in Dubai are mentioned below in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
- In Dubai Mall, a sumo salad with juice costs AED38
- Lemon mint tea costs AED16
- Coffee cake costs AED24
- A smoothie costs AED20
- Shawarma is AED7.00.
Entertainment Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of entertainment and activities in Dubai is approximately AED56 per person, per day on average, according to the Dubai Tourism Board. These charges include the prices paid for entry tickets to museums and attractions as well as day excursions and other tourist activities. AED56 for entrance tickets, performances, and other entertainment.
Prices for entertainment in Dubai are mentioned below in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Tips and Handouts Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, the average daily rate for Tips and Handouts is AED6.50 (around $6.50). In Dubai, the customary amount for a gratuity is between 5 percent and 15 percent. 1AED6.50 for guides or service providers
- 2AED6.50 for tourists.
Alcohol Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, the typical consumer spends around AED66 per day on alcoholic beverages, according to statistics. The more money you spend on booze, the more likely it is that you will have more pleasure despite your greater spending budget. AED66 for two drinks on one day of alcohol
Prices for alcoholic beverages in Dubai are mentioned in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Water Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, residents spend an average of AED3.62 per day on bottled water, according to statistics. Drinking public water in Dubai is regarded to be completely safe. Water 2 Bottled water for a day (AED3.62 per liter)
Dubai On a Budget
Dubai Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a firsthand look into the lifestyles of the affluent and famous? There isn’t a more upmarket vacation location in the world than Dubai. It is, without a doubt, the best place in the world for shopping, partying, sunbathing, exquisite eating, and the most lavish of luxurious experiences. As the most modern and advanced of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates, this region has enjoyed an incredible economic growth as well as a significant increase in tourist arrivals and spending.
- The climate in the area is classified as subtropical.
- Also bear in mind that their weekend is from Thursday to Saturday, not Sunday to Monday.
- Remember to conduct thorough research.
- They adhere to rigorous sharia regulations, so make sure to show them the utmost respect.
- It is possible to spend a month in jail simply for losing your anger.
There is never a shortage of things to see and do in this large and gorgeous city. The Dubai Museum is a great place to start your journey if you have the opportunity. You’ll learn about the socioeconomic history of the United Arab Emirates and develop an appreciation for the rich culture and tradition of the city while you’re in this place. The al-Fahidi Fort and the rapid transformation of the city from a modest pearling hamlet to a busy metropolis will be seen as you go through the museum’s exhibit halls.
- There are just a few mosques in the city that are available to non-Muslim tourists, but this is the largest and one of the most important.
- Return to the mosque later in the evening for a beautiful picture of the mosque illuminated at night.
- It’s a breathtaking experience.
- Remember to secure your tickets for the observation deck on the 124th level well in advance if you want to take in the view from the 124th floor observation deck.
- With classical and Arabic music playing in the background, the world’s largest dancing fountain performs many presentations a day.
- These three manmade islands are the largest man-made structures on the planet.
These islands, which are located close off the coast of Dubai, have been built in the shape of palm leaves. With so much to see and do, Dubai is a destination that caters to visitors of all interests. To learn more about what on do in Dubai, check out this fantastic guide to things to do in Dubai.
Tourist attractions abound in this sprawling and breathtaking metropolis. Visit the Dubai Museum first as a way to get the most out of your vacation. You’ll study about the socioeconomic history of the United Arab Emirates and develop an appreciation for the rich culture and tradition of the city while you’re in this program. The al-Fahidi Fort and the rapid transformation of the city from a modest pearling hamlet to a bustling metropolis will be seen as you wander around the museum’s exhibits.
- There are just a few mosques in the city that are available to non-Muslim tourists, and this one happens to be the largest.
- Return to the mosque later in the evening for a beautiful picture of the building illuminated at night.
- It is the highest tower on the planet, standing at 828 meters and 160 stories high.
- The Dubai Fountain is a soothing, but interesting, spectacle that you should see.
- Travel to the Palm Islands to get a genuine sense of how the better half of the world lives.
- These islands, which are located close off the coast of Dubai, are shaped like palm leaves and are a popular tourist destination.
- See this fantastic guide to things to do in Dubai for further information.
Consider a recreational activity you’d want to participate in, and Dubai can make it a reality. In addition to hiking and biking, Dune Bashing, a sort of off-roading on sand dunes, has become more popular. For those who want to experience the excitement of this magnificent outdoor sport, several locations will hire 4×4 safari Jeeps, sand boards, quad bikes, and dune buggies. Take a trip to the Global Village if you’re in Dubai between late November and late February, and you won’t be disappointed.
Each nation gets its own pavilion, complete with reproductions of its most renowned locations, and because this is Dubai, there is usually a lottery with prizes like as vehicles and gold bars, among other things.
A national skiing center, complete with actual snow, can be found within the Mall of the Emirates complex.
As a result of all of the activities planned, as well as the cultural differences, you may be wondering what you should pack and what to dress (particularly if you are a woman). Here’s a nice packing list for Dubai, as well as an explanation of what to dress when you’re there.
Food and Dining
Almost every meal you desire may be found in Dubai due to the diversity of the tourist business. Two of the most prevalent dishes you’ll come across are Shawarma and Falafel, which can be found almost anywhere. The Shawarma is the Arabic counterpart of a burger; the meat is roasted on a skewer and then chopped into tiny strips before being wrapped in pita bread and served with veggies and salad dressing.
Despite the fact that Dubai has a highly dependable and robust public transportation system – which includes a metro system, Dubai trams, and buses – a large portion of the city still depends significantly on personal automobiles. The most of the time, you’ll wind up taking cabs everywhere. No matter what method of transportation you choose, you’ll want to consider purchasing a Nol Card. This prepaid debit card may be used to pay for public transportation, such as metro trams, buses, waterbuses, paid parking, and taxis, among others.
More information about where to stay in Dubai and the top hotels can be found here. You’re looking for a hostel in Delhi or Goa, right? Are you planning a trip to Kathmandu or looking for a place to stay in Tel Aviv? 1Average of categories calculated on a per-item basis. On a daily basis, the categories were averaged out to arrive at this result. For example, the Food 2daily average represents the sum of all meals consumed during the day, whereas Entertainment 1 represents the sum of each individual transaction.
How Much Does it Cost to go to Dubai?
**This post may include affiliate links for your convenience. It is possible that I will get rewarded if you use them. Have you ever been curious about how much it costs to travel to Dubai? With its buildings that reach the heavens and strange man-made attractions such as islands in the shape of the planet, the city is frequently referred to as “the future.” While there’s no doubting that Dubai is an expensive place to visit, you might be shocked to learn how much a trip to Dubai will cost you when you discover out what it actually costs.
It is my intention to concentrate on five nights and six days for the sake of this post, however you could easily explore the entirety of the city in only three days.
Remember that my calculations are based on a single traveller; thus, if you’re traveling with a partner, double your expenditures by two (minus the hotels).
Dubai trip cost
|Food and drink||$360|
The following estimate is in American dollars; thus, please visit usexe.com to find out what the typical expenditures are in your own country of residence. For Canadians, you may want to consider applying for one of the finest travel credit cards in Canada, which would allow you to accrue points to help you offset your expenses. A signup bonus of up to 105,000 American Express Membership Rewards points (with a minimum value of $1,050) can be earned with the American Express Platinum Card (for example) (potentially more if you transfer your points to Aeroplan orMarriott Bonvoy).
Using my Aeroplan points, I was able to go to Dubai in business class on EgyptAir, which was a great experience. To return home, I utilized AlaskaMiles and travelled in the Emirates A380 First Class, which is a travel experience that many people dream of.
However, even though Dubai is home to one of the busiest airports in the world, flights to the city are still quite pricey. It is predicted that a flight will cost around $900, but that is only if you are traveling from North America. Generally speaking, whether you’re travelling from Europe, Africa, or Asia, you should expect to pay between $600-$700 for a round-trip airplane ticket. There are other moderately cost flights available from inside the Middle East. One thing to keep in mind is that Dubai serves as the headquarters for Emirates.
Instead, if you’re traveling to where Emirates provides service, it would be a smart idea to layover in Dubai for a few days beforehand to save money on your airfare.
The cost of a hotel room in Dubai may be fairly variable, just as in any other city. They have a large number of luxurious hotels, including the self-proclaimed 7-star Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, as well as a large number of reasonably priced choices. For the sake of this post on the expense of a vacation to Dubai, I’m assuming an average of $150 per night, however there are less expensive possibilities. People traditionally focus on location when choosing a hotel, but I don’t believe it is as crucial in Dubai, especially for business travelers.
- Downtown Dubai and the Marina/Jumeirah are, without a doubt, the most popular destinations in the city.
- Business Bay, Dubai Internet City, and Al Barsha are just a few of the regions to explore for hotels that are fairly priced.
- Honestly, it takes around 20 minutes by vehicle to go almost anyplace in Dubai, so seek for the best deal and the most comfortable accommodations.
- Hostels in Dubai are sometimes little more than large residences that have been converted into hostels.
- You might want to examine the following options if you’re looking for a hotel recommendation:
- The Ramee Rose Hotel, Centro Barsha, and Four Points by Downtown Dubai are all excellent choices.
- The Steigenberger Hotel, the Grand Plaza Mövenpick Hotel, and the Rove Downtown are all excellent choices.
- Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach
- W Dubai
- Address Downtown
- Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach
The appropriate credit card might save you a significant amount of money on your hotel accommodations. Americans should seriously consider applying for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card, which offers a welcome bonus of up to 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy points and $200 back at participating restaurants in the United States. Consider the Marriott Bonvoy American Express, which provides you with up to 70,000Marriott Bonvoypoints. This card is available to Canadians.
That’s enough points to get you up to five free nights at select hotels, which could be worth more than $500 in some instances. There’s also the BMO World EliteTM* Mastercard®*, which often offers a sign-up bonus worth more than $200 and waives the annual charge for the first year of membership.
The metro system, which comprises two lines, is the primary means of public transit in Dubai. The red line runs above ground, primarily parallel to Sheikh Zayed Road, and extends all the way to the Dubai International Airport terminal building. The green line, which is underground, passes through Al Karama, Al Raffa, Al Rigga, and Al Qusais, among other neighborhoods. The Dubai Metro does not take cash fares; instead, you must purchase a Nol card, which may be reloaded several times. Tourists will be interested in purchasing the red card.
- One zone will cost you 4 dirhams, two zones will cost you 6 dirhams, and three or more zones will cost you 8.50 dirhams.
- The cost of a ride is 4 dirhams.
- Dubai also has a large number of public buses.
- Taxi costs in Dubai are around 75 cents per minute on average, according to industry sources.
- Yes, taking public transit would be less expensive, but despite the extensive network, it will take a significant amount of time and require a significant amount of walking.
- For the sake of our how much does it cost to travel to Dubai trip estimate, I’m assuming you’ll be using cabs the most of the time and that you’ll spend $40 per day on transportation.
The metro, which comprises two lines, is the primary means of public transit in Dubai. The red line runs above ground, primarily parallel to Sheikh Zayed Road, and extends all the way to the Dubai International Airport terminal. Underground, the green line travels via Al Karama, Al Raffa, Al Rigga, and Al Qusais, among other places. Nol cards, which are reloadable, must be purchased in order to ride the Dubai Metro system. The red card will be popular among tourists. This is determined by the number of zones traveled and the amount of money paid.
- It is possible to go about the Marina region via tram, which is not immediately connected to the metro system.
- A one-way ticket to the Palm Jumeirah costs 20 dirhams and a return ticket costs 30 dirhams.
- There are several public buses available in Dubai.
- Taxi costs in Dubai are around 75 cents per minute on average, according to locals.
- Public transit is less expensive, but it takes a long time and requires a significant amount of walking, considering the extensive network available.
For example, it may take you up to an hour to go from your accommodation in Downtown Dubai to the beach or the Marina area. When predicting how much it would cost to go to Dubai, I’m assuming you’ll be taking cabs the most of the time, which will bring the total cost to $40 each day.
Food and drink
Dubai is home to every type of exotic cuisine imaginable. Meaning that nearly every major chain from across the world operates at least one branch somewhere in the city of Dubai. One day, I visited L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele from Italy, Tim Horton’s from Canada, Shake Shack from the USA, Paul from France, and Din Tai Fung from Taiwan all within a single day. It’s possible to get virtually any style of cuisine you like, but on average, I found meal costs to be around 30% more than what the same businesses would charge you back in their native nations.
Keeping this in mind, a typical daily food budget will look somewhat like the following.
But keep in mind that eating light or getting quick meals might easily save you money.
One thing I should clarify is that tipping is not typical practice in Dubai.
Dubai is well-known for its shopping malls, and the city boasts an astounding number of them. It’s almost impossible to visit the city without stopping by a shopping mall. As a result, it is rather simple to spend. The amount of money I’ve calculated for random spending in my Dubai trip expense guide is $200; however, you might easily spend more or less than that amount. I didn’t buy any actual mementos or outfits when I was there, but I did buy a bunch of coffee and packaged products that I couldn’t get back home, just for the record.
Cost to go to Dubai
So, how much does a trip to Dubai cost in terms of money? I anticipate that you’ll spend around US$2,850 for five nights and six days in the country. This isn’t prohibitively costly, but it isn’t inexpensive either. It’s definitely worth the money for many individuals to visit Dubai since it’s a location on their bucket list. The advantage of Dubai is that it serves as a major hub for planes and cruises, making it simple to travel around the area. Check out my travel guides to Jordan, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Europe for additional ideas.
Can you visit Dubai on a budget?
It is feasible to travel to Dubai on a tight budget; it all relies on your willingness to make sacrifices. In Deira and Sharjah, there are several low-cost hotels to choose from. Instead than relying on cabs to get you about, you may take use of public transit. It is not difficult to locate inexpensive cuisine; but, don’t anticipate anything gourmet. It’s difficult to save money on attractions because most of the best attractions charge an entry price.
What is the cheapest time to go to Dubai?
The most popular time to visit Dubai is between November and January, when the weather is pleasant. Because Dubai is located in a desert, the heat may be particularly strong during the months of June and July.
September is often the most affordable month to visit Dubai, since the summer season has ended and many guests have gone home in time for their children to begin the new school year in their home countries.
What should I avoid in Dubai?
Dubai is a highly religious and conservative city, and you should be aware of the regulations that apply there. You must refrain from making any public expressions of love toward the rulers or from making any jokes about them. Because the penalties for criminal activity are quite harsh, don’t even consider committing any crimes. If you’re carrying medicine into the city, make sure you have a doctor’s letter to prove that it is not a restricted substance, and have it with you at all times.
How many days in Dubai?
This article on how much it costs to go to Dubai advises staying for 5 nights and 6 days, but not everyone will have that much time. In general, you’ll want to spend at least 4 days in the city, which will give you enough time to see nearby attractions and take a day excursion. Consider looking through myDubai itinerary for 5 days to get a decent concept of what your schedule may look like while in Dubai. You might easily delete items to make your schedule more accommodating.
What is the best way to get around Dubai?
A taxi or ridesharing service is the most convenient method to navigate about Dubai. It’s worth noting that this is also the most costly choice. Many of the major tourist attractions are within walking distance of the metro station, which is ideal if you want to keep your spending low. If you’re going to the marina area, you may need to take the tram as well as the bus. The bus system is large and will transport you everywhere you want to go, but you must be aware of which routes to take. If you stick to public transportation, the cost of your Dubai vacation will be less expensive.
What are the best day trips in Dubai?
The top day outings in Dubai are entirely based on personal preference. It goes without saying that if you want to see more of the United Arab Emirates, taking a tour to Abu Dhabi is the most logical thing to do. Desert safaris and the Musandam Peninsula are both excellent options for those looking for more excitement. Also nearby is the city of Sharjah, which is only a short drive from Dubai. Many people consider Sharjah to be a suburb of Dubai, although it is in fact a separate city from Dubai.
Is Dubai Expensive & How Much Money Do You Need to Visit
Are you thinking of taking a vacation to Dubai but aren’t sure how much it would cost? Is it costly to travel to Dubai? For a trip to Dubai, how much money do you really need to bring with you? Some of your questions should be answered by this article! Dubai is, without a doubt, not inexpensive, but – as is true elsewhere in the world – the cost is determined by the choices you make. The most expensive expenses are, without a doubt, the airline and the accommodation, followed by a few activities and excursion trips.
In this post, we will provide some instances of how much everything costs in Dubai and how expensive it is for visitors to travel to Dubai.
You can also discover some money-saving suggestions based on personal experience for those coming to Dubai. Find out for yourself! WHAT TO WEAR IN DUBAI CAN BE FOUND HERE.
What does a flight to Dubai cost?
Price ranges for return flights from Western Europe to Dubai range between 300-400EUR, depending on the trip time and how far in advance you book. MomondoorKayak, for example, is a search engine that may help you locate the most affordable flights.
How expensive are Dubai hotels?
In Dubai, you’ll discover some of the world’s most costly hotels, but there are also lots of more cheap alternatives to choose from as well. The lowest accommodation for two people at the Burj Al Arab would set you back about 2.000EUR every night, yet you can stay for a week for the same amount in’regular’ hotels in Dubai. Alternatively, there are a variety of more budget-friendly options to choose from. The cost of a hotel room in Dubai is significantly dependent on the type of hotel you pick, its location, the number of people staying in the room, the time of year you go, and other factors.
- Checking websites like as Booking.com can provide you with an accurate estimate of the cost of accommodations in Dubai very quickly.
- TIP: You can compare hotels and short-term rental options in Dubai by referring to the map provided below.
- Take a look at it!
- It’s important to remember that the costs for Dubai accommodations that you see on the internet do not include municipal taxes and levies.
- Our hotel experience: We stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach hotel in Abu Dhabi.
- Read the full review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai by clicking on the link below.
Is food expensive in Dubai and how much to budget for restaurants?
In Dubai, you will discover some of the world’s most costly hotels, but there are also many more reasonably priced alternatives. A room for two at the Burj Al Arab would set you back over 2.000EUR every night, but you can stay for a week for the same price in a more conventional hotel. There are also a variety of more affordable lodging options available to those on a budget. In Dubai, the cost of a hotel room is significantly dependent on the type of hotel you select, its location, the number of people staying in the room, the time of year you go, and other factors.
- Checking websites such as Booking.com can provide you with a quick estimate of accommodation costs in Dubai.
- TIP: You can compare hotels and short-term rental options in Dubai by referring to the map at the bottom of this article.
- It’s worth a look!
- You should be aware that the costs for Dubai accommodations listed on the internet do not include municipal taxes and fees.
Our stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach hotel was excellent. For large families searching for a very good price-to-quality ratio in a terrific location, this is an excellent choice! Read the full review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai by clicking on the link above.
Examples of the average Dubai restaurant prices
- The following prices are for soft drinks: 15-18 AED (4-4,5 EUR)
- Smoothies and shakes: 24-30 AED (6-8 EUR)
- Children’s menu (which often includes a drink) 25-40 AED (6-10 EUR)
- Appetizers and desserts: 20-40 AED (5-10 EUR)
- Sandwiches and burgers 35-55 AED (9-14 EUR)
- Main dishes 40-100 AED (approximately) (10-25 EUR). Generally speaking, local cuisine is less expensive
- For example, a delicious lamb meal may be had for 40AED (10EUR), but a decent steak can easily cost 150AED (38EUR).
There was a little grocery near our hotel, The Walk, and the costs of food there were pretty comparable to those in Western Europe.
How much does alcohol cost in Dubai?
My understanding of the cost of alcohol in Dubai is limited at this time. It wasn’t until we bought two strawberry daiquiris at the pool bar of our hotel that we had a drink. It was a happy hour pricing of 50AED (12 EUR) for two drinks, which was really reasonable. Our favorite non-alcoholic drinks, fresh fruit smoothies, and shakes were the ones we chose, and I can definitely suggest them all!
How expensive is a metro or taxi in Dubai?
In Dubai, public transportation, such as the metro or taxis, is quite affordable. There is more thorough information on Dubai public transportation and costs available on this page.
What about tax-free shopping in Dubaihow expensive is clothing or electronics?
The shopping malls in Dubai are among the largest in the world, with a wide range of brands to suit any budget, from H M, Zara, and GAP to Chanel, Dior, and Louis Vuitton. We discovered that most costs in Dubai are far more than those in Europe, including apparel, gadgets, and toys. As a result, Dubai is probably not the ideal place to go shopping with your girlfriends on a weekend away from work.
How much do excursions and activities cost in Dubai and how to save money?
Some of Dubai’s attractions are entirely free or extremely inexpensive. Some others can cost as much as a month’s pay on average. The majority of day trips and popular excursions in Dubai will cost you between 50 and 150 EUR, depending on the time, activity, and party size, among other factors, It’s a good idea to schedule your Dubai excursions in advance in order to get the greatest pricing and availability. Here is a list of some of the greatest tours available in Dubai, compiled by us. TIP: Getting a Dubai Unlimited Pass, which gives you access to over 45 featured activities and experiences over the course of three or five consecutive calendar days, is one of the most cost-effective methods to save money on tourist attractions in Dubai.
We’ve compiled some practical suggestions based on our own personal experiences to assist you have a better sense of what to anticipate when participating in Dubai’s most popular activities and save money.
ALSO READ: The Best Free and Low-Cost Things to Do in Dubai
How expensive are Dubai’s water parks and how to book with a discount?
The most costly activity we participated in was a day at theAquaventure waterpark in Atlantis, The Palm in the Bahamas. It is now possible to purchase the most affordable online ticket for 320 AED (80 EUR) for adults and 260 AED (65 EUR) for children under 1,2m in height (4 feet). If you do not purchase your tickets in advance, you will almost certainly spend at least 15-20 EUR/person more than you would otherwise. GetYourGuide is now offering a reasonably priced package that includes Aquaventure as well as the Lost Chamber Aquarium.
- A locker will cost you an additional 10-20 EUR, and you will need the one that costs 20 EUR in order to put a regular-sized rucksack in the space provided.
- In the park, food and beverages are fairly costly, but they are on pace with similar establishments in Europe (count 5 EUR for tiny fries and 4 EUR for a drink), and you are only permitted to carry one bottle of water per person with you.
- RECOMMENDATION:If you want to spend several days at the Aquaventure water park, consider staying at the Atlantis hotel.
- This may be a really excellent price for a family of three or four individuals staying in a single room during a less busy time of year.
- When you consider that admission to the water park alone costs over 240 EUR for a family of four, this is an incredible offer!
- There is a children’s play section with water slides, and they are welcome to accompany you on the Lazy River as well as the main pool.
- You may swim with dolphins, feed the fish, and take selfies with sea lions, among other activities.
All of them are quite expensive, and you must decide whether or not they are worthwhile for you and your family. Whatever you pick, keep in mind that if you book long in advance, the price will be significantly lower.
How expensive is to visit ‘At The Top’ in Burj Khalifa
Another must-do in Dubai is to climb to the top of the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s tallest structure. The cheapest regular ticket to the 124th and 125th levels starts at around 35 EUR. If you want to visit at sunset, expect to spend almost three times the normal fee, and expect to pay three times the normal price if you don’t want to wait in line. A minimum of 95 EUR per person will be charged for access to the Sky level (148th floor). We arrived around 6.30 p.m., just after sunset, and were treated to spectacular views of Dubai at night.
The wait time to get on the elevator was no more than 15 minutes, so I don’t see why you would want to pay three times the fee for rapid access to the elevator.
The price of a ticket to the Burj Khalifa is the same at the counter as it is online, however if you don’t book in advance, there is a good risk that you will not be able to get a ticket at certain times.
At night, the Dubai Fountain Show may be seen from the Burj Khalifa.
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
There is a hefty admission cost to theDubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, with prices beginning at around 35 EUR per person. TIP: If you wish to see the aquarium as well as the Burj Khalifa, it is recommended that you purchase a combined ticket that includes both attractions. To be aware of:Dubai Mall becomes really crowded in the afternoon, and the queue to enter the aquarium became extremely lengthy after 2 PM, so wake up early and visit the aquarium the first thing in the morning. Alternatively, you may take in the view of this massive aquarium from the Mall for free and save your money for something else.
Dubai Marina Dinner Cruise: our experience
A dinner cruise on the Dubai Dhow is one of the most popular excursions in the city. There are several businesses that operate the boats, so you will have a wide variety of choices. When our New Year’s Eve cruise was canceled without explanation, we were offered another one two hours later that same evening at ten (!) times the price instead, which we declined. You will be able to witness the fireworks that they promised! To see the fireworks from the boat would cost me 1500 EUR, which is a lot more money than I am ready to spend.
- This is typical of Dubai: if there is a demand, the supply and pricing are adjusted accordingly.
- We immediately went on the internet and discovered another business that offered the trip at the standard price, and we had a wonderful time on the cruise.
- We spent 420 AED (105 EUR) for a dinner cruise for the five of us, which was almost the same price as a supper at a restaurant on its own.
- We thought this cruise to be quite worthwhile while in Dubai.
- You will at the very least receive your money back, and they will almost always find an alternative for you if something goes wrong.
- Tango performance in Dubai by Tanoura dancers The information provided in this review of Dubai costs should assist you in better preparing for your trip and avoiding unpleasant shocks for your pocketbook while in Dubai.
If there is one piece of advice I can give you when it comes to saving money on your vacation to Dubai, it is to do your homework and book as much as you can in advance. Dubai is not inexpensive, but with a little forethought, you can keep your travel expenses to a minimum.
Dhow dinner cruises in Dubai are among the most popular excursions in the city. Many different firms operate the boats, so you’ll have a plethora of alternatives when choosing one. When our New Year’s Eve cruise was canceled without explanation, we were offered another one two hours later that same evening for ten (!) times the price instead, which we declined. The fireworks they told us about would be seen by you. To see the fireworks from the boat would cost me 1500 EUR, which is a lot more than I am ready to spend.
- The way things work in Dubai is that, when there is a demand, the supply and pricing are adjusted to accommodate it.
- We immediately went on the internet and discovered another business that offered the cruise at the usual fee, and we had a wonderful time on the ship that night.
- It cost us 420 AED (105 EUR) for a dinner cruise for the five of us, which was roughly the same price as a meal at a restaurant.
- During our time in Dubai, we discovered that this cruise was quite worthwhile.
- You will at the very least receive your money back, and they will almost always find an alternative for you if everything does not go according to plan.
- Performance of Tanoura dance in Dubai.
- Doing your homework and booking as much as possible in advance is the best recommendation I can give you if you are looking for ways to save money on your vacation to Dubai.
How much does it cost to travel to Dubai? (With Calculator)
“How much does it cost to go to Dubai?” is a question that is frequently asked. and they’d be amazed to learn how much it costs. The intriguing aspect of Dubai, and my personal favorite feature, is that you can travel on a budget, in a moderate budget, and in a lavish budget. Dubai is one of the most popular expat destinations in the world, because to its low cost of living, ease of immigration, and lack of taxes (in most cases).
Is it expensive to visit dubai?
I’d start with a categorical no.
Visiting Dubai does not have to be prohibitively expensive. You may go from spending ten dollars a day to spending ten thousand dollars a day.
how much would it cost to visit dubai
According to my calculations, the average cost per day (if traveling alone) would be around 30-35 dollars (or 28-32 euros). Breakdown: 1. Accommodation in a capsule hotel in Dubai for 60 AED / 16.5$ / 15€ per night. The Capsule Hotel is not like the traditional Japanese capsule hotels, but rather a hostel that is one of the few in the area. 2. Transit — Given that you selected a tight budget, I’m assuming you’ll use public transportation to get about. Nol cards with a daily pass for public transit in Dubai are available for purchase for 20 AED / 5.45$ / 5€.
- The best places to go are Manakeesh locations, South Indian breakfast spots, or simply going to the supermarket for a quick bite.
- In neighborhoods such as Bur Dubai, Deira, Karama, and others.
- To be really honest, they all have the same menu, and because they are all supplied by the same source, they all have the same items, comparable flavors, and similar pricing.
- We disclaim all responsibility for the accuracy of the information and will not be liable for any third-party claims or losses of any kind, including consequential damages.
How much money do you need to travel to Dubai and things to do there
OnlyDubaiVisa.com Dubai is similar to marmite in that you either love it or detest it, but you can’t seem to get rid of it completely. For me, I wanted to see things for myself and I wanted to remain in Dubai for an extended period of time. Before traveling to the city, I conducted research and learned about how this Bedouin community grew and prospered following the discovery of oil and how it got wealthy suddenly. But it was the way they used their money to create a booming tourist attraction that is practically unrivaled that took my breath away and impressed me the most.
- Those who believe that this city is only for the affluent and famous are mistaken; let me tell you how much it truly costs to travel around this city of world records as a backpacker!
- If you’re able to save money on your lodging, you’ll be able to cover half of your travel expenses.
- Consequently, it is natural to imagine that the cost of lodging will be quite expensive – although this is not always the case.
- I would recommend a combination of hostel and hotel accommodations.
- The hotel apartment had nice rooms, clean and sanitary restrooms, and kind roommates.
- The cost of my accommodations amounted to around $1350 for a month, which I thought was reasonable considering that I was in one of the richest cities in the world.
- People are kind and courteous, and they are always willing to assist you and make you feel at ease.
FOODFood has always been the area where I have the greatest trouble staying within my budget.
If you are anything like me, the cost of meals in Dubai may put a significant dent in your wallet.
Almost every type of cuisine from across the world is prepared in Dubai, making it a foodie’s dream come true.
There are a number of popular delicacies that you must try, like Al Harees, Al Majboos, Al Madrooba (a type of stew), and if you can get your hands on some camel meat, you will not be disappointed.
While soft beverages are available for as little as Dhs2 ($), a full lunch may be had for as little as Dhs15 ($).
If you are familiar with the rules of Dubai, I would urge you to abstain from consuming alcoholic beverages entirely.
TransportationTransportation in Dubai may be quite handy in some situations.
It transports you to the most convenient walking distance from all of the key sites.
If you’re a frequent traveler, you’re probably aware of how much money you can save by walking the distances.
I purchased a Metro monthly pass for Dhs 300, which covered all zones.
Single day tickets are also available for all zones, with prices beginning at Dhs20.
Walking is also a lot of fun in Dubai, which is a bustling metropolis with much to see and do.
You have so much to see that even a month does not feel like enough time.
Dubai is regarded as the “City of World Records,” and the best part about the city’s attractions is that the majority of them are completely free.
Visiting the classic souks (markets) of Dubai, such as the Gold Souq, Textile Souq, Perfume Souq, and yes, the Spice Souq, is something I heartily suggest.
These souqs were a treat for someone like me who enjoys people-watching and shopping.
Taking everything into consideration, the approximate amount I spent traveling around Dubai did not surpass $2600. This included housing, food, and transit for 29 days, but did not include Visa for Dubai costs, airline tickets, or souvenir purchasing. Hands-on Instructions
- Souqs are excellent places to find bargains on a variety of items
- However, don’t immediately hand over what they ask for
- Instead, take your time and bargain
- Diera Street will be your best choice if you’re looking for affordable and delectable street cuisine. It’s constantly packed with foodies, and the restaurants see clients arriving in everything from Taxis to Ferraris. If you are traveling with your spouse in Dubai, avoid from making public displays of affection such as kissing and hugging one other. It is against the law in the city
- If you are a female tourist, dress modestly and avoid any form of skin exposure at all costs. In any case, the blistering heat of Dubai will prevent any skin exposure. Don’t forget to bring along a good quality sunscreen. It is best not to travel to Dubai during the holy month of Ramadan. During this month, the city maintains a stringent fast and rituals, and tourists are also required to follow certain regulations during this period.
How Much Spending Money To Take To Dubai?
The age-old subject of how much spending money to bring on vacation continues to be debated. Even though Dubai is a lavish and sophisticated tourist destination, a vacation there does not have to be as pricey as you may think at first. Today, we’ll look at how much spending money you should bring with you to Dubai for a week. For the typical couple visiting Dubai, we recommend bringing 7,836 AED in spending money for seven days of sightseeing. If you are coming from the UK, it is £1,575, €1,735 or $2,130, depending on where you are coming from.
Based on a typical couple traveling for seven days, including some paid excursions, transportation, and dining out.
Is Dubai Expensive for Tourists?
Tourists will not find Dubai to be too pricey. Despite the fact that there are several magnificent hotels and a plethora of activities to choose from, you do not have to indulge in everything and blow your budget! Dubai is no exception, as are many other popular tourist locations. Travelers may choose between visiting Dubai on a tight budget or taking advantage of the many expensive hotels, restaurants, and activities on offer. Whether or whether you intend to spend your money is entirely up to you.
Alternatively, if you want to know how much a week in Dubai will cost you in total, we have a page on that as well.
How Much Does it Cost to Eat out in Dubai?
In terms of cost of living, Dubai is reasonable. Despite the fact that there are a plethora of nice hotels and activities to choose from, you do not need to overindulge and blow your budget. Dubai is no different than many other vacation locations. Travelers may choose between visiting Dubai on a tight budget or taking advantage of the numerous magnificent hotels, restaurants, and activities that are available there. What you want to do with your money is entirely up to you! You can learn more about how to travel around Dubai on a budget by reading our comprehensive guide here.
Total Food Costs Per Couple in Dubai
|Meal||Cost Per Day (AED)||Cost Per 7 Days|
|Snacks / Drinks||75||525|
We’d guess that the scenario described above is the worst-case scenario. In addition, Dubai is home to a large number of fast food restaurants that provide exceptionally reasonable prices for their meals. If you take your time while selecting a restaurant, you may be able to save a few dollars as well. For example, a pair of margarita pizzas atLe Dolce Vitaon Jumeirah Beach would cost you only 110AED each.
How Much Does Transport Cost in Dubai?
The Dubai Metro is a very affordable and efficient mode of transportation. When determining how much spending money to bring to Dubai, the next item to consider is transportation costs. Taxis in Dubai are considerably inexpensive when compared to most other cities in the globe, owing to the extraordinarily low cost of gasoline in the city. Dubai, on the other hand, has an incredible metro system that can transport you across the city in record speed and for a fraction of the cost of a taxi. For the sake of simplicity, we’ve included the cost of a cab ride to and from the airport to Jumeirah Beach.
We’ve calculated the cost of traveling between five zones each day at a rate of 5.80AED per person. This is more than enough to cover your transportation expenses in Dubai.
|Mode of Transport||Cost (AED)||Total Cost|
|Taxi Airport to JBR||100||200|
|Silver Nol Card 5 Zones||11.60||81.20|
The Dubai Metro is a very affordable and efficient mode of public transportation in the city of Dubai. When determining how much spending money to bring to Dubai, the next item to consider is transportation costs and times. In comparison to most other cities in the globe, Dubai’s gasoline costs are extraordinarily low, making taxis in the city quite affordable. Dubai, on the other hand, has an incredible metro system that can get you across the city in record speed and at a fraction of the cost of other modes of transportation.
The metro, trams, and buses, which can all be accessed by acquiring an Anol card, are recommended for the remainder of your trip in Dubai.
Your transportation expenses in Dubai will be covered by this amount.
How Much Money Do I Need for Excursions in Dubai?
There are several excursion opportunities in Dubai. Excursions are the next best and most entertaining way to spend your money while in Dubai. According to the quantity and quality of the trips, the amount of money required might vary significantly. We’ve made the assumption that you’ll want to attempt at least three paid excursions throughout your seven-day stay in Dubai. For the sake of this example, we have included the prices of the following popular trips.
- Excursion Opportunities abound in Dubai, including: In Dubai, trips are the next best (and most entertaining) way to spend your money. According to the quantity and quality of the trips, the amount of money required might vary greatly. We’ve presummated that you’ll want to attempt at least three paid excursions throughout your seven-day stay in Dubai. Following are some common trips that we have included in this example.
|Excursion||Cost (AED) Per Couple|
|Burj Khalifa / Dubai Aquarium||700|
|Aquaventure / Lost Chambers||590|
Don’t forget that there are several activities you may participate in in Dubai that are completely free! Check out our guide for a list of Free Things to Do in Dubai that we’ve compiled.
According to our calculations, you would require 7,836AED (1,120AED each day) in spending money per couple for a seven-day stay in Dubai. Based on the currency you use, that is around £1575, €1735, or $2130 (depending on where you live). Is it possible to enjoy Dubai while spending less money? Yes! More free activities should be participated in, restaurants should not be visited more than three times a day, and the airport should be reached by metro. Why not also consider renting an apartment with a kitchenette rather than staying in a hotel?
It is possible that following this advise would allow you to reduce your necessary spending money for Dubai by half!
Make a note to return for more information about TravelLiving in DubaiAbu Dhabi.
Also, be sure to subscribe to theYouTubechannel!