For the average couple visiting Dubai we recommend taking 7,836AED spending money for 7 days. That is £1,575, €1,735 or $2,130 depending on which country you are visiting from.
- 1. Re: How much money to bring to Dubai? It’s hard to answer that question for someone else. Budget around 500 dirham per day – on some days you may need more and on others less. Change money in Dubai and use an ATM to get more also use credit cards for larger purchases.
How much money can I take with me to Dubai?
In line with international criteria and global best practices, when entering or exiting the UAE, you are required to declare cash, or any other financial instrument exceeding AED 100,000. There is no restriction on the amount of cash that you may carry.
How much does the average person spend in Dubai?
Summary about cost of living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,241$ (11,905AED) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 942$ (3,462AED) without rent.
Is it expensive to visit Dubai?
In general, prices in Dubai are comparable to other major cities in the world. Accommodation and tours can be quite expensive, but there is so much choice that you can make it more budget-friendly if you wish. Restaurant prices are comparable to those in Western European cities.
Can I bring gold to Dubai?
Importing gold into the UAE Travellers are required to declare cash, or any other financial instrument exceeding Dh100,000, according to the UAE’s government website. The cost of gold varies from day to day, but in practice this means you can import about 500 grams of gold without declaring it to customs.
What can you not send to Dubai?
United Arab Emirates Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Cotton seeds.
- Electronic items (watches, car-keys, etc.) with a camera and pens with a camera.
- Films: 8mm, 16mm & 35mm.
- Films: entertainment.
Is Gucci cheaper in Dubai?
Comparing it to the price that I’d pay in the US and ultimately pay upon conversion, it’s still cheaper. Gucci is also similar in the price saving.
Is Dubai expensive to eat?
Eating out in Dubai isn’t much different to most cities in the world, unless you are dining at the Burj Al Arab. There are a number of fine dining options to choose from, however on average the cost of a 2-3 course meal at a mid-priced restaurant would cost about Dhs100-150 per person (about US $30-40).
How much spending money do I need for 7 nights in Dubai?
For the average couple visiting Dubai we recommend taking 7,836AED spending money for 7 days.
How many days in Dubai is enough?
If interested in planning a Dubai itinerary, then a stay of about 5 days is the best amount of time to squeeze all of the tourism juices out of this illustrious middle eastern gem.
How much money do you need for 2 weeks in Dubai?
A vacation to Dubai for one week usually costs around AED5,101 for one person. So, a trip to Dubai for two people costs around AED10,202 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs AED20,405 in Dubai.
How much is a 7 day trip to Dubai?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Dubai is $1,498 for a solo traveler, $2,690 for a couple, and $5,044 for a family of 4. Dubai hotels range from $35 to $107 per night with an average of $46, while most vacation rentals will cost $210 to $530 per night for the entire home.
Do you need cash in Dubai?
While it’s great to have cash on hand for tips, taxis, and bargaining in the souks (markets), you won’t need to carry wads of notes for larger transactions. Major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are widely accepted in Dubai’s hotels, shops and restaurants.
Can you use USD in Dubai?
Yes, US dollars are widely accepted in Dubai. You will have to ask for a translation from their currency to determine price but there is no problem.
What is the cheapest time to visit Dubai?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Dubai High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Dubai is April.
Dubai Travel Cost – Average Price of a Vacation to Dubai: Food & Meal Budget, Daily & Weekly Expenses
Do you know how much money you’ll need for your vacation to Dubai? It is recommended that you budget around AED729 ($198) per day for your holiday in Dubai, which is the average daily price based on the expenditures of previous travelers. Travelers in the past have spent an average of AED164 ($45) on meals for one day and AED38 ($10) on local transportation in Abu Dhabi. Aside from that, the average hotel rate in Dubai for a couple is AED998 ($272) per night. As a result, a one-week trip to Dubai for two individuals will cost on average AED10,202 ($2,778) in total.
How expensive is Dubai? How much money do I need for Dubai?
What is the approximate cost of a vacation to Dubai? Is Dubai a high-priced destination? The average cost of a vacation to Dubai is broken down by category on this page. All of these Dubai rates have been computed based on the budgets of actual tourists visiting Dubai.
Accommodation Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you The average cost of a night’s lodging in Dubai for a single individual is AED499. The average price of a hotel room in Dubai for two people sharing a regular double-occupancy room is AED998, according to Booking.com.
- Accommodation 1: Hotel or hostel for one personAED499
- Accommodation 1: Typical double-occupancy roomAED998
- Accommodation 2: Hotel or hostel for two peopleAED499
- Accommodation 3: Hotel or hostel for three peopleAED499
- Accommodation 4: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 5: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 6: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
- Accommodation 7: Hotel or hostel for four peopleAED499
What is the average cost of a holiday rental in Dubai? Prices vary depending on the location, the date, the size of the space, and the level of luxury desired. See the alternatives listed below.
Transportation Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of a cab journey in Dubai is much higher than the cost of public transportation in the country. In the past, tourists have spent an average of AED38 per person, per day, on local transportation in Dubai
- Transportation 1Taxis, local buses, subway, and other modes of public transit AED38
What is the approximate cost of a vacation to Dubai? It is, of course, dependent on the dates. We recommend Kayak because they can locate the greatest discounts across all airlines, which is why they are our top recommendation. The cost of renting a car in Dubai is determined by the dates you choose, the type of automobile you choose, the location you choose, and your age. It is recommended that you utilize Kayak because they are able to locate the best discounts across all vehicle rental businesses.
These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Food Budget in Dubai
What is the cost of a trip to Dubai in dollars and cents. It is, of course, dependent on the date ranges involved. It is recommended that you choose Kayak because they are able to discover the greatest discounts across the board. It is dependent on your age, the dates you choose, the sort of automobile you choose, and the place that you choose for your rental. It is recommended that you utilize Kayak since they can locate the best offers from all vehicle rental businesses. Following is a list of typical transportation rates for Dubai residents and visitors.
These actual figures were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with a general sense of what to expect in terms of expenses in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style and destination.
- The cost of food in Dubai varies depending on where you live, but on average it costs AED164 per day. A typical supper in Dubai, based on the spending habits of recent visitors, should cost around AED65 per person while dining out in an establishment. Generally speaking, breakfast is a little less expensive than lunch or supper. The price of food at sit-down restaurants in Dubai is frequently higher than the price of food in fast food restaurants or street food vendors. AED164 for two meals for one day
Prices for food in Dubai are mentioned below in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
- In Dubai Mall, a sumo salad with juice costs AED38
- Lemon mint tea costs AED16
- Coffee cake costs AED24
- A smoothie costs AED20
- Shawarma is AED7.00.
Entertainment Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- The cost of entertainment and activities in Dubai is approximately AED56 per person, per day on average, according to the Dubai Tourism Board. These charges include the prices paid for entry tickets to museums and attractions as well as day excursions and other tourist activities. AED56 for entrance tickets, performances, and other entertainment.
Prices for entertainment in Dubai are mentioned below in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Tips and Handouts Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, the average daily rate for Tips and Handouts is AED6.50 (around $6.50). In Dubai, the customary amount for a gratuity is between 5 percent and 15 percent. 1AED6.50 for guides or service providers
- 2AED6.50 for tourists.
Alcohol Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, the typical consumer spends around AED66 per day on alcoholic beverages, according to statistics. The more money you spend on booze, the more likely it is that you will have more pleasure despite your greater spending budget. AED66 for two drinks on one day of alcohol
Prices for alcoholic beverages in Dubai are mentioned in the table below. These actual expenses were submitted by real travelers and can provide you with an idea of what to expect in terms of prices in Dubai; however, your costs will vary depending on your travel style.
Water Budget in Dubai
Calculated based on feedback from travelers like you
- In Dubai, residents spend an average of AED3.62 per day on bottled water, according to statistics. Drinking public water in Dubai is regarded to be completely safe. Water 2 Bottled water for a day (AED3.62 per liter)
Dubai On a Budget
Dubai Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a firsthand look into the lifestyles of the affluent and famous? There isn’t a more upmarket vacation location in the world than Dubai. It is, without a doubt, the best place in the world for shopping, partying, sunbathing, exquisite eating, and the most lavish of luxurious experiences. As the most modern and advanced of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates, this region has enjoyed an incredible economic growth as well as a significant increase in tourist arrivals and spending.
- The climate in the area is classified as subtropical.
- Also bear in mind that their weekend is from Thursday to Saturday, not Sunday to Monday.
- Remember to conduct thorough research.
- They adhere to rigorous sharia regulations, so make sure to show them the utmost respect.
- It is possible to spend a month in jail simply for losing your anger.
There is never a shortage of things to see and do in this large and gorgeous city. The Dubai Museum is a great place to start your journey if you have the opportunity. You’ll learn about the socioeconomic history of the United Arab Emirates and develop an appreciation for the rich culture and tradition of the city while you’re in this place. The al-Fahidi Fort and the rapid transformation of the city from a modest pearling hamlet to a busy metropolis will be seen as you go through the museum’s exhibit halls.
- There are just a few mosques in the city that are available to non-Muslim tourists, but this is the largest and one of the most important.
- Return to the mosque later in the evening for a beautiful picture of the mosque illuminated at night.
- It’s a breathtaking experience.
- Remember to secure your tickets for the observation deck on the 124th level well in advance if you want to take in the view from the 124th floor observation deck.
- With classical and Arabic music playing in the background, the world’s largest dancing fountain performs many presentations a day.
- These three manmade islands are the largest man-made structures on the planet.
These islands, which are located close off the coast of Dubai, have been built in the shape of palm leaves. With so much to see and do, Dubai is a destination that caters to visitors of all interests. To learn more about what on do in Dubai, check out this fantastic guide to things to do in Dubai.
Dubai is organized into 11 districts, with certain regions attracting more tourists than others. The city is divided into 11 districts. The Jumeirah neighborhood is the most popular location for beachgoers in the city. The beach is conveniently located and easily accessible in this neighborhood. Downtown Dubai is located in the heart of “New Dubai,” and it is home to the world’s largest mall, the Dubai Fountain, and the world’s tallest structure, the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s tallest building.
Consider a recreational activity you’d want to participate in, and Dubai can make it a reality. In addition to hiking and biking, Dune Bashing, a sort of off-roading on sand dunes, has become more popular. For those who want to experience the excitement of this magnificent outdoor sport, several locations will hire 4×4 safari Jeeps, sand boards, quad bikes, and dune buggies. Take a trip to the Global Village if you’re in Dubai between late November and late February, and you won’t be disappointed.
Each nation gets its own pavilion, complete with reproductions of its most renowned locations, and because this is Dubai, there is usually a lottery with prizes like as vehicles and gold bars, among other things.
A national skiing center, complete with actual snow, can be found within the Mall of the Emirates complex.
As a result of all of the activities planned, as well as the cultural differences, you may be wondering what you should pack and what to dress (particularly if you are a woman).
Food and Dining
Almost every meal you desire may be found in Dubai due to the diversity of the tourist business. Two of the most prevalent dishes you’ll come across are Shawarma and Falafel, which can be found almost anywhere. The Shawarma is the Arabic counterpart of a burger; the meat is roasted on a skewer and then chopped into tiny strips before being wrapped in pita bread and served with veggies and salad dressing.
Despite the fact that Dubai has a highly dependable and robust public transportation system – which includes a metro system, Dubai trams, and buses – a large portion of the city still depends significantly on personal automobiles. The most of the time, you’ll wind up taking cabs everywhere. No matter what method of transportation you choose, you’ll want to consider purchasing a Nol Card.
This prepaid debit card may be used to pay for public transportation, such as metro trams, buses, waterbuses, paid parking, and taxis, among others. They may be found in metro stations and the majority of major bus terminals.
More information about where to stay in Dubai and the top hotels can be found here. You’re looking for a hostel in Delhi or Goa, right? Are you planning a trip to Kathmandu or looking for a place to stay in Tel Aviv? 1Average of categories calculated on a per-item basis. On a daily basis, the categories were averaged out to arrive at this result. For example, the Food 2daily average represents the sum of all meals consumed during the day, whereas Entertainment 1 represents the sum of each individual transaction.
How Much Does it Cost to go to Dubai?
**This post may include affiliate links for your convenience. It is possible that I will get rewarded if you use them. Have you ever been curious about how much it costs to travel to Dubai? With its buildings that reach the heavens and strange man-made attractions such as islands in the shape of the planet, the city is frequently referred to as “the future.” While there’s no doubting that Dubai is an expensive place to visit, you might be shocked to learn how much a trip to Dubai will cost you when you discover out what it actually costs.
It is my intention to concentrate on five nights and six days for the sake of this post, however you could easily explore the entirety of the city in only three days.
Remember that my calculations are based on a single traveller; thus, if you’re traveling with a partner, double your expenditures by two (minus the hotels).
Dubai trip cost
|Food and drink||$360|
The following estimate is in American dollars; thus, please visit usexe.com to find out what the typical expenditures are in your own country of residence. For Canadians, you may want to consider applying for one of the finest travel credit cards in Canada, which would allow you to accrue points to help you offset your expenses. A signup bonus of up to 105,000 American Express Membership Rewards points (with a minimum value of $1,050) can be earned with the American Express Platinum Card (for example) (potentially more if you transfer your points to Aeroplan orMarriott Bonvoy).
Using my Aeroplan points, I was able to go to Dubai in business class on EgyptAir, which was a great experience.
However, even though Dubai is home to one of the busiest airports in the world, flights to the city are still quite pricey. It is predicted that a flight will cost around $900, but that is only if you are traveling from North America. Generally speaking, whether you’re travelling from Europe, Africa, or Asia, you should expect to pay between $600-$700 for a round-trip airplane ticket. There are other moderately cost flights available from inside the Middle East. One thing to keep in mind is that Dubai serves as the headquarters for Emirates.
Instead, if you’re traveling to where Emirates provides service, it would be a smart idea to layover in Dubai for a few days beforehand to save money on your airfare. This may not necessarily lower your Dubai travel expenses, but it is an excellent way to make the most of your holiday time.
The cost of a hotel room in Dubai may be fairly variable, just as in any other city. They have a large number of luxurious hotels, including the self-proclaimed 7-star Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, as well as a large number of reasonably priced choices. For the sake of this post on the expense of a vacation to Dubai, I’m assuming an average of $150 per night, however there are less expensive possibilities. People traditionally focus on location when choosing a hotel, but I don’t believe it is as crucial in Dubai, especially for business travelers.
- Downtown Dubai and the Marina/Jumeirah are, without a doubt, the most popular destinations in the city.
- Business Bay, Dubai Internet City, and Al Barsha are just a few of the regions to explore for hotels that are fairly priced.
- Honestly, it takes around 20 minutes by vehicle to go almost anyplace in Dubai, so seek for the best deal and the most comfortable accommodations.
- Hostels in Dubai are sometimes little more than large residences that have been converted into hostels.
- You might want to examine the following options if you’re looking for a hotel recommendation:
- Hotel prices in Dubai can vary significantly from one location to the next. Their premium properties include the self-proclaimed 7-star Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, as well as a slew of more reasonably priced choices. To calculate the cost of a vacation to Dubai, I’m assuming an average of $150 per night, but there are lower-cost choices available as well. The location of a hotel is often significant when choosing a hotel, but I don’t believe it is as crucial in Dubai. It’s because the city is very dispersed, and there isn’t an one core area where you want to be that I am making this statement. To be sure, the most popular areas are undoubtedly Downtown Dubai and the Marina/Jumeirah. Take a look at my in-depth guide to the top hotels in Dubai’s Downtown. Business Bay, Dubai Internet City, and Al Barsha are some of the regions to consider for hotels that are fairly priced. Deira and other older neighborhoods provide more affordable lodging options. To be honest, it just takes approximately 20 minutes by vehicle to go almost anyplace in Dubai, so seek for the best deal and the most comfortable accommodations available. To be clear, there are no typical hostels in Dubai, as there are in many other areas of the world. This is something to keep in mind while traveling to Dubai. Hostels in Dubai are sometimes little more than large residences that have been converted into hostel accommodations. The implications of this for travelers are debatable. You might want to examine the following options if you’re looking for a hotel suggestion:
- The Steigenberger Hotel, the Grand Plaza Mövenpick Hotel, and the Rove Downtown are all excellent choices.
- Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach
- W Dubai
- Address Downtown
- Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach
The appropriate credit card might save you a significant amount of money on your hotel accommodations. Americans should seriously consider applying for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card, which offers a welcome bonus of up to 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy points and $200 back at participating restaurants in the United States. Consider the Marriott Bonvoy American Express, which provides you with up to 70,000Marriott Bonvoypoints. This card is available to Canadians. That’s enough points to get you up to five free nights at select hotels, which could be worth more than $500 in some instances.
The metro system, which comprises two lines, is the primary means of public transit in Dubai. The red line runs above ground, primarily parallel to Sheikh Zayed Road, and extends all the way to the Dubai International Airport terminal building. The green line, which is underground, passes through Al Karama, Al Raffa, Al Rigga, and Al Qusais, among other neighborhoods. The Dubai Metro does not take cash fares; instead, you must purchase a Nol card, which may be reloaded several times. Tourists will be interested in purchasing the red card.
- One zone will cost you 4 dirhams, two zones will cost you 6 dirhams, and three or more zones will cost you 8.50 dirhams.
- The cost of a ride is 4 dirhams.
- Dubai also has a large number of public buses.
- Taxi costs in Dubai are around 75 cents per minute on average, according to industry sources.
- Yes, taking public transit would be less expensive, but despite the extensive network, it will take a significant amount of time and require a significant amount of walking.
For the sake of our how much does it cost to travel to Dubai trip estimate, I’m assuming you’ll be using cabs the most of the time and that you’ll spend $40 per day on transportation.
Despite the fact that Dubai has various free attractions, such as the beach and the fountain display, you will most likely spend a significant amount of money on these activities. A trip to the top of the Burj Khalifa is the most apparent thing to do in Dubai. Levels 124 and 125 are available for purchase for $40 USD. The Burj Khalifa SKY ticket, which costs $103 and grants you access to floor 148, is available at the top of the building. It will cost you $168 to get entry to the World’s tallest lounge, as well as levels 152, 153, and 154 of the building.
- There will also be a large number of individuals who choose to go on a desert safari tour and a guided excursion to Abu Dhabi.
- I personally believe that a trip to Abu Dhabi is worthwhile if you have the opportunity, but keep in mind that these trips will not be able to see everything the city has to offer.
- Other options to explore are the Dubai Frame, a marina boat trip, a day at a resort or spa, skydiving, and a variety of other activities.
- There are several free beaches in Dubai, and a large number of visitors simply enjoy strolling about and admiring the city’s beauty.
- The textile souk is directly across the street.
- You’ll now be at Al Ras, where you can view the gold souk, which is a beautiful sight.
Food and drink
Dubai is home to every type of exotic cuisine imaginable. Meaning that nearly every major chain from across the world operates at least one branch somewhere in the city of Dubai. One day, I visited L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele from Italy, Tim Horton’s from Canada, Shake Shack from the USA, Paul from France, and Din Tai Fung from Taiwan all within a single day. It’s possible to get virtually any style of cuisine you like, but on average, I found meal costs to be around 30% more than what the same businesses would charge you back in their native nations.
Keeping this in mind, a typical daily food budget will look somewhat like the following.
But keep in mind that eating light or getting quick meals might easily save you money.
One thing I should clarify is that tipping is not typical practice in Dubai.
Dubai is well-known for its shopping malls, and the city boasts an astounding number of them. It’s almost impossible to visit the city without stopping by a shopping mall. As a result, it is rather simple to spend. The amount of money I’ve calculated for random spending in my Dubai trip expense guide is $200; however, you might easily spend more or less than that amount.
I didn’t buy any actual mementos or outfits when I was there, but I did buy a bunch of coffee and packaged products that I couldn’t get back home, just for the record. The amount of money you spend is entirely up to you, but keep in mind that shopping in Dubai is not inexpensive.
Cost to go to Dubai
There are so many malls in Dubai that it’s unbelievable how many there are. It’s almost impossible to tour the city without stopping by a shopping center. So it’s quite simple to spend money. My Dubai trip cost guide estimates $200 for random spending, however you might easily spend more or less than that amount depending on your preferences. For the record, when I traveled, I didn’t buy any actual mementos or apparel, but I did buy a bunch of coffee and packaged items that I couldn’t get anywhere else in the United States.
Can you visit Dubai on a budget?
It is feasible to travel to Dubai on a tight budget; it all relies on your willingness to make sacrifices. In Deira and Sharjah, there are several low-cost hotels to choose from. Instead than relying on cabs to get you about, you may take use of public transit. It is not difficult to locate inexpensive cuisine; but, don’t anticipate anything gourmet. It’s difficult to save money on attractions because most of the best attractions charge an entry price.
What is the cheapest time to go to Dubai?
The most popular time to visit Dubai is between November and January, when the weather is pleasant. Because Dubai is located in a desert, the heat may be particularly strong during the months of June and July. September is often the most affordable month to visit Dubai, since the summer season has ended and many guests have gone home in time for their children to begin the new school year in their home countries.
What should I avoid in Dubai?
Dubai is a highly religious and conservative city, and you should be aware of the regulations that apply there. You must refrain from making any public expressions of love toward the rulers or from making any jokes about them. Because the penalties for criminal activity are quite harsh, don’t even consider committing any crimes. If you’re carrying medicine into the city, make sure you have a doctor’s letter to prove that it is not a restricted substance, and have it with you at all times.
How many days in Dubai?
This article on how much it costs to go to Dubai advises staying for 5 nights and 6 days, but not everyone will have that much time. In general, you’ll want to spend at least 4 days in the city, which will give you enough time to see nearby attractions and take a day excursion. Consider looking through myDubai itinerary for 5 days to get a decent concept of what your schedule may look like while in Dubai. You might easily delete items to make your schedule more accommodating.
What is the best way to get around Dubai?
A taxi or ridesharing service is the most convenient method to navigate about Dubai. It’s worth noting that this is also the most costly choice. Many of the major tourist attractions are within walking distance of the metro station, which is ideal if you want to keep your spending low. If you’re going to the marina area, you may need to take the tram as well as the bus.
The bus system is large and will transport you everywhere you want to go, but you must be aware of which routes to take. If you stick to public transportation, the cost of your Dubai vacation will be less expensive.
What are the best day trips in Dubai?
The top day outings in Dubai are entirely based on personal preference. It goes without saying that if you want to see more of the United Arab Emirates, taking a vacation to Abu Dhabi is the most logical thing to do. Desert safaris and the Musandam Peninsula are both excellent options for those looking for more excitement. Also nearby is the city of Sharjah, which is only a short drive from Dubai. Many people consider Sharjah to be a suburb of Dubai, although it is in fact a separate city from Dubai.
Is Dubai Expensive & How Much Money Do You Need to Visit
Are you thinking of taking a vacation to Dubai but aren’t sure how much it would cost? Is it costly to travel to Dubai? For a trip to Dubai, how much money do you really need to bring with you? Some of your questions should be answered by this article! Dubai is, without a doubt, not inexpensive, but – as is true elsewhere in the world – the cost is determined by the choices you make. The most expensive expenses are, without a doubt, the airline and the accommodation, followed by a few activities and excursion trips.
In this post, we will provide some instances of how much everything costs in Dubai and how expensive it is for visitors to travel to Dubai.
Find out for yourself!
What does a flight to Dubai cost?
Price ranges for return flights from Western Europe to Dubai range between 300-400EUR, depending on the trip time and how far in advance you book. MomondoorKayak, for example, is a search engine that may help you locate the most affordable flights.
How expensive are Dubai hotels?
In Dubai, you’ll discover some of the world’s most costly hotels, but there are also lots of more cheap alternatives to choose from as well. The lowest accommodation for two people at the Burj Al Arab would set you back about 2.000EUR every night, yet you can stay for a week for the same amount in’regular’ hotels in Dubai. Alternatively, there are a variety of more budget-friendly options to choose from. The cost of a hotel room in Dubai is significantly dependent on the type of hotel you pick, its location, the number of people staying in the room, the time of year you go, and other factors.
- Checking websites like as Booking.com can provide you with an accurate estimate of the cost of accommodations in Dubai very quickly.
- TIP: You can compare hotels and short-term rental options in Dubai by referring to the map provided below.
- Take a look at it!
- It’s important to remember that the costs for Dubai accommodations that you see on the internet do not include municipal taxes and levies.
- Our hotel experience: We stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach hotel in Abu Dhabi.
It’s an excellent choice for large families searching for a wonderful value for money in a fantastic location. Read the full review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai by clicking on the link below.
Is food expensive in Dubai and how much to budget for restaurants?
Food and restaurants in Dubai are available in a wide range of pricing ranges, just like everything else in the city. Due to the fact that we travel with small children, we often avoid the most romantic expensive restaurants, therefore I am unable to remark on such. We also avoided fast food restaurants such as KFC and McDonald’s. We ate most of our meals at eateries along The Walk or in one of the shopping centers. The cost of lunch or supper ranged from 240 to 500 AED (60 to 125 EUR) for two adults and three children, depending on where we went.
The costs at the hotel restaurants are typically significantly higher than the pricing at the eateries in town.
The rates of hotels and restaurants in Dubai are quite variable.
Examples of the average Dubai restaurant prices
- The following prices are for soft drinks: 15-18 AED (4-4,5 EUR)
- Smoothies and shakes: 24-30 AED (6-8 EUR)
- Children’s menu (which often includes a drink) 25-40 AED (6-10 EUR)
- Appetizers and desserts: 20-40 AED (5-10 EUR)
- Sandwiches and burgers 35-55 AED (9-14 EUR)
- Main dishes 40-100 AED (approximately) (10-25 EUR). Generally speaking, local cuisine is less expensive
- For example, a delicious lamb meal may be had for 40AED (10EUR), but a decent steak can easily cost 150AED (38EUR).
There was a little grocery near our hotel, The Walk, and the costs of food there were pretty comparable to those in Western Europe.
How much does alcohol cost in Dubai?
My understanding of the cost of alcohol in Dubai is limited at this time. It wasn’t until we bought two strawberry daiquiris at the pool bar of our hotel that we had a drink. It was a happy hour pricing of 50AED (12 EUR) for two drinks, which was really reasonable. Our favorite non-alcoholic drinks, fresh fruit smoothies, and shakes were the ones we chose, and I can definitely suggest them all!
How expensive is a metro or taxi in Dubai?
In Dubai, public transportation, such as the metro or taxis, is quite affordable. There is more thorough information on Dubai public transportation and costs available on this page.
What about tax-free shopping in Dubaihow expensive is clothing or electronics?
The shopping malls in Dubai are among the largest in the world, with a wide range of brands to suit any budget, from H M, Zara, and GAP to Chanel, Dior, and Louis Vuitton. We discovered that most costs in Dubai are far more than those in Europe, including apparel, gadgets, and toys. As a result, Dubai is probably not the ideal place to go shopping with your girlfriends on a weekend away from work.
How much do excursions and activities cost in Dubai and how to save money?
Some of Dubai’s attractions are entirely free or extremely inexpensive. Some others can cost as much as a month’s pay on average. The majority of day trips and popular excursions in Dubai will cost you between 50 and 150 EUR, depending on the time, activity, and party size, among other factors, It’s a good idea to schedule your Dubai excursions in advance in order to get the greatest pricing and availability. Here is a list of some of the greatest tours available in Dubai, compiled by us. TIP: Getting a Dubai Unlimited Pass, which gives you access to over 45 featured activities and experiences over the course of three or five consecutive calendar days, is one of the most cost-effective methods to save money on tourist attractions in Dubai.
We’ve compiled some practical suggestions based on our own personal experiences to assist you have a better sense of what to anticipate when participating in Dubai’s most popular activities and save money. Take a look at what follows! ALSO READ: The Best Free and Low-Cost Things to Do in Dubai
How expensive are Dubai’s water parks and how to book with a discount?
The most costly activity we participated in was a day at theAquaventure waterpark in Atlantis, The Palm in the Bahamas. It is now possible to purchase the most affordable online ticket for 320 AED (80 EUR) for adults and 260 AED (65 EUR) for children under 1,2m in height (4 feet). If you do not purchase your tickets in advance, you will almost certainly spend at least 15-20 EUR/person more than you would otherwise. GetYourGuide is now offering a reasonably priced package that includes Aquaventure as well as the Lost Chamber Aquarium.
- A locker will cost you an additional 10-20 EUR, and you will need the one that costs 20 EUR in order to put a regular-sized rucksack in the space provided.
- In the park, food and beverages are fairly costly, but they are on pace with similar establishments in Europe (count 5 EUR for tiny fries and 4 EUR for a drink), and you are only permitted to carry one bottle of water per person with you.
- RECOMMENDATION:If you want to spend several days at the Aquaventure water park, consider staying at the Atlantis hotel.
- This may be a really excellent price for a family of three or four individuals staying in a single room during a less busy time of year.
- When you consider that admission to the water park alone costs over 240 EUR for a family of four, this is an incredible offer!
- There is a children’s play section with water slides, and they are welcome to accompany you on the Lazy River as well as the main pool.
- You may swim with dolphins, feed the fish, and take selfies with sea lions, among other activities.
- Whatever you pick, keep in mind that if you book long in advance, the price will be significantly lower.
How expensive is to visit ‘At The Top’ in Burj Khalifa
Another must-do in Dubai is to climb to the top of the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s tallest structure. The cheapest regular ticket to the 124th and 125th levels starts at around 35 EUR. If you want to visit at sunset, expect to spend almost three times the normal fee, and expect to pay three times the normal price if you don’t want to wait in line. A minimum of 95 EUR per person will be charged for access to the Sky level (148th floor). We arrived around 6.30 p.m., just after sunset, and were treated to spectacular views of Dubai at night.
The wait time to get on the elevator was no more than 15 minutes, so I don’t see why you would want to pay three times the fee for rapid access to the elevator.
The price of a ticket to the Burj Khalifa is the same at the counter as it is online, however if you don’t book in advance, there is a good risk that you will not be able to get a ticket at certain times.
If you haven’t made a reservation, consider going early in the morning or late in the evening when it’s less crowded. At night, the Dubai Fountain Show may be seen from the Burj Khalifa.
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
There is a hefty admission cost to theDubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, with prices beginning at around 35 EUR per person. TIP: If you wish to see the aquarium as well as the Burj Khalifa, it is recommended that you purchase a combined ticket that includes both attractions. To be aware of:Dubai Mall becomes really crowded in the afternoon, and the queue to enter the aquarium became extremely lengthy after 2 PM, so wake up early and visit the aquarium the first thing in the morning. Alternatively, you may take in the view of this massive aquarium from the Mall for free and save your money for something else.
Dubai Marina Dinner Cruise: our experience
A dinner cruise on the Dubai Dhow is one of the most popular excursions in the city. There are several businesses that operate the boats, so you will have a wide variety of choices. When our New Year’s Eve cruise was canceled without explanation, we were offered another one two hours later that same evening at ten (!) times the price instead, which we declined. You will be able to witness the fireworks that they promised! To see the fireworks from the boat would cost me 1500 EUR, which is a lot more money than I am ready to spend.
- This is typical of Dubai: if there is a demand, the supply and pricing are adjusted accordingly.
- We immediately went on the internet and discovered another business that offered the trip at the standard price, and we had a wonderful time on the cruise.
- We spent 420 AED (105 EUR) for a dinner cruise for the five of us, which was almost the same price as a supper at a restaurant on its own.
- We thought this cruise to be quite worthwhile while in Dubai.
- You will at the very least receive your money back, and they will almost always find an alternative for you if something goes wrong.
- Tango performance in Dubai by Tanoura dancers The information provided in this review of Dubai costs should assist you in better preparing for your trip and avoiding unpleasant shocks for your pocketbook while in Dubai.
If there is one piece of advice I can give you when it comes to saving money on your vacation to Dubai, it is to do your homework and book as much as you can in advance. Dubai is not inexpensive, but with a little forethought, you can keep your travel expenses to a minimum.
Dhow dinner cruises in Dubai are among the most popular excursions in the city. Many different firms operate the boats, so you’ll have a plethora of alternatives when choosing one. When our New Year’s Eve cruise was canceled without explanation, we were offered another one two hours later that same evening for ten (!) times the price instead, which we declined. The fireworks they told us about would be seen by you. To see the fireworks from the boat would cost me 1500 EUR, which is a lot more than I am ready to spend.
- The way things work in Dubai is that, when there is a demand, the supply and pricing are adjusted to accommodate it.
- We immediately went on the internet and discovered another business that offered the cruise at the usual fee, and we had a wonderful time on the ship that night.
- It cost us 420 AED (105 EUR) for a dinner cruise for the five of us, which was roughly the same price as a meal at a restaurant.
- During our time in Dubai, we discovered that this cruise was quite worthwhile.
- You will at the very least receive your money back, and they will almost always find an alternative for you if everything does not go according to plan.
- Performance of Tanoura dance in Dubai.
- Doing your homework and booking as much as possible in advance is the best recommendation I can give you if you are looking for ways to save money on your vacation to Dubai.
How much money do you need to travel to Dubai and things to do there
A Dubai dhow dinner cruise is one of the most popular excursions in the city. There are a plethora of firms who operate the boats, so you will have lots of alternatives. It was a New Year’s Eve cruise that was canceled without any explanation, and we were instead given another one two hours later that same evening at ten (!) times the price. The fireworks they promised us will be visible to you! 1500 EUR is a lot more money than I’m ready to spend to see the fireworks from a boat. We had a better view of them from our hotel room!
- But you’re still not sure if you’ll get what you’ve been promised.
- We booked the Alexandra Dhow Cruise, which offered an excellent price-to-quality ratio for families, with children under the age of six sailing for free.
- Buffet meal, spectacular vistas, and a performance of traditional dance are all included.
- TIP:Based on our previous experience, I would not advocate scheduling any tours directly with local operators, but rather through third-party services like as Viator or GetYourGuide.
- Furthermore, local enterprises cannot take the risk of canceling on such large operators, yet canceling some individually scheduled excursions has no ramifications for them.
To save money on your vacation to Dubai, there is one piece of advice I can give you: do your homework and book as much as you can in advance. Dubai is not inexpensive, but with a little forethought, you can make your travel budget as low as possible.
- Souqs are excellent places to find bargains on a variety of items
- However, don’t immediately hand over what they ask for
- Instead, take your time and bargain
- Diera Street will be your best choice if you’re looking for affordable and delectable street cuisine. It’s constantly packed with foodies, and the restaurants see clients arriving in everything from Taxis to Ferraris. If you are traveling with your spouse in Dubai, avoid from making public displays of affection such as kissing and hugging one other. It is against the law in the city
- If you are a female tourist, dress modestly and avoid any form of skin exposure at all costs. In any case, the blistering heat of Dubai will prevent any skin exposure. Don’t forget to bring along a good quality sunscreen. It is best not to travel to Dubai during the holy month of Ramadan. During this month, the city maintains a stringent fast and rituals, and tourists are also required to follow certain regulations during this period.
Cost of a Trip to Dubai, AE & the Cheapest Time to Visit Dubai
As a reminder, souqs are excellent places to get bargain-basement merchandise; so, don’t just hand over your money when they ask; instead, take your time and bargain; Diera Street will be your best choice if you’re looking for affordable and delectable street cuisine. It’s always crowded with foodies, and the restaurants see clients arriving in everything from taxis to Ferraris. Keep public displays of affection, such as kissing and hugging, to a minimum while visiting Dubai with your spouse.
Because of the extreme heat in Dubai, skin exposure is not recommended.
Traveling to Dubai during the holy month of Ramadan is not recommended.
The Cheapest Times to Visit Dubai, AE
On average, the following dates will be the most affordable for flying to DXB and staying at a Dubai hotel:
- The months of January 8th to March 25th
- The months of August 27th to December 9th, and so on.
Early November is traditionally the most affordable time of year to travel to Dubai for a holiday.
Average Dubai Trip Costs
Approximately $861-$2,286 (or $123-$327 per day) is the average cost for a single individual to visit Dubai for a week. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $26 to $53 per day for a single person’s daily expenses. Flights range from $445 to $961 for economy class. Lodging costs between $39 and $47 per night for a 2- or 3-star hotel room, or between $130 and $159 per night for a 1-bedroom holiday home.
Average Couple’s Trip
The average cost of a week’s vacation in Dubai for a couple is $2,042-$3,906 (or $292-558 per day), according to Travelocity. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $52 to $106 per day for a couple’s daily expenses. Flights range from $890 to $1,922 for economy class. Lodging costs between $39 and $47 per night for a 2- or 3-star hotel room, or between $130 and $159 per night for a 1-bedroom holiday home.
Average Family Vacation
The average cost for four persons to go to Dubai for a week is $2,976-$6,666 ($425-$952 per day), depending on the season. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $104 to $212 per day for four people’s daily living expenditures. Flights range from $1,780 to $3,844 for economy class. Accommodations range from $78 to $94 per night for two 2- or 3-star hotel rooms, or from $208 to $223 per night for a 2-bed vacation rental.
Traveling Cheap to Dubai
What is the cheapest way to travel to Dubai for a vacation? In the case of visitors who are ready to take standby flights, cope with inconvenience, and generally reduce travel expenses, the cheapest journey to Dubai costs around $101 per person per day. Rentals in the $0 to $100 range for an entire home are accessible in around 1% of the rental market, while holiday rentals may be leased for as little as $64 per night. These low-cost rentals must be reserved as soon as possible, and they may not be located in the most desired locations.
Depending on where you reside and whether or not you are able to drive, even more affordable excursions are feasible. More money-saving suggestions might be found by looking at the lowest flight times.
Budget Solo Traveler
The cheapest week-long trip to Dubai for one person costs between $710 and $1,714 (or between $110 and $245 each day). Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $13 to $27 per day for a single person’s daily expenses. Flights range from $445 to $961 for economy class. Lodging: A 1-star hotel room costs between $29 and $35 per night, while a 1-bed vacation rental costs between $64 and $94 per night.
Budget Couple’s Trip
The cheapest week-long trip to Dubai for one person costs between $710 and $1,714 (or $110 and $245 a day), according to the Dubai Tourism Authority. Expenses for food, transportation, and sightseeing range from $13 to $27 a day for a single person’s daily needs. Plane tickets cost from $445 and $961 depending on class of service. Lodging costs between $29 and $35 per night for a one-star hotel room or between $64 and $94 per night for a one-bedroom vacation home.
Budget Family Vacation
The cheapest week-long trip to Dubai for four individuals costs between $2,492 and $5,392 (or $356 and $770 each day). Costs for food, transportation, and sightseeing range from $52 to $108 a day for four people’s daily expenses. Flights range from $1,780 to $3,844 for economy class. The cost of two 1-star hotel rooms is from $58 to $70 per night; the cost of a 2-bed vacation rental ranges from $96 to $132 per night. In general, it is simple to go to Dubai on a budget.
The Cost of a Luxury Dubai Trip
Because there is no definitive maximum on the expense of a luxury vacation, our estimations are based on what the majority of visitors to Dubai do.
Luxury Solo Traveler
Because there is no definitive upper limit to the expense of a luxury vacation, our estimations are based on what the majority of visitors to Dubai do on their vacations.
Luxury Couple’s Trip
Because there is no definitive upper limit to the expense of a luxury vacation, our estimations are based on what the majority of people do in Dubai.
Luxury Family Vacation
It costs $7,224-$20,272 ($1,032-$2,896 a day) for four people to visit Dubai for a week at the top end of the market. Food, transportation, and sightseeing costs between $196 to $380 per day for four people’s daily living expenditures. Flights cost between $5,288 and $8,264 in first class. The cost of two 4- or 5-star hotel rooms is from $94 to $214 per night; the cost of a preferred vacation rental ranges from $848 to $1,558 per night.
Dubai Hotel Prices
The cost of living in Dubai is lower than the cost of living in the average metropolis. Hotels are often less costly than vacation rentals on a per-night basis. Luxury vacation rentals in Dubai are more expensive than in other parts of the world because of the high cost of real estate in the city. It is seen in the graphs below how much a fee might vary based on the sort of experience you are seeking.
Dubai Lodging Cost by Star Status
On the (y) axis, you can see the average price for each hotel category. The (x) axis represents the hotel’s star rating (out of 5 stars).
Pricing are based on averages for Dubai hotels and may not be accurate representations of current prices. In certain circumstances, we extrapolate pricing in order to estimate expenditures, and hotels with the star grade you seek may not be accessible at the time.
Vacation Rental Prices
On the left (y) axis, you can see the percentage of holiday rentals in the pricing range. The bottom (x) axis represents the price range. In Dubai, there is a plentiful supply of holiday rentals to suit a variety of price ranges.
Flight Costs to Dubai
Prices for round-the-world flights range from a high of $1,105 in late December to a low of $722 in early November, based on an average of all flights. The average cost of a flight is $676. Based on millions of flight bookings, these costs have been calculated. As of this writing, our data for Dubai covers 410 origination airports and 194 airline carriers. When compared to other areas, the price variance in this area is on the average. If you fly to Dubai from an airport in the United States such as Savoonga (SVA) in Savoonga, Alaska (the United States) for an average trip fare of $9,251, it will obviously cost a lot more than if you fly to Dubai from an airport in Bahrain such as Bahrain International (BAH) in Manama (Bahrain) for an average fare of $168.
Average Flight Cost by Season
Flight Costs Around the World
Average Flight Cost by Day of Week
Prices on the Day of Departure Prices for the next day In general, Tuesdays are the cheapest days to travel into town, and Tuesdays are the cheapest days to fly back out of town. To view information on the cost of flights from your airport, please visit this page. With a $383 difference between the cheapest and most costly week in Dubai, following our free flight advice and booking in advance may easily save you up to 53 percent on your travel costs there.
Daily Expenses Budget
Daily vacation expenditures are more variable and depend on what you want to accomplish on your trip. Fine dining restaurants with beverages in Dubai can easily cost $200 per person or more, but a normal decent lunch may cost as little as $13 per person in the United States. Taking a private tour can cost up to $403 per day, however self-guided excursions of the outdoor attractions can be done for free. Due to the wide range of costs, suggestions are made based on the cost of living in the area and the averages we have seen for this sort of trip.
Other Dubai Guides
- Deira, United Arab Emirates
- Bur Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Garhoud, United Arab Emirates
- Trade Center, United Arab Emirates
- Al Qusais, United Arab Emirates
- Downtown Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Al Majaz, United Arab Emirates
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Rumailah, United Arab Emirates
- Ajman, United Arab Emirates