- All you need to do is select Dubai as your destination and then click on the desired transit visa type to get your application form. Once you fill in the Emirates visa application form you will be able to upload the necessary documents and make the payment for the visa. This will confirm your application for a Dubai transit visa.
Does Emirates provide transit visa?
The UAE issues two types of transit visas: one for 48 hours which is free of charge, and another for 96 hours for AED 50. Transit visas must be processed and approved before entering the UAE and are not extendable.
How do I get Emirates transit visa?
To get a transit visa, you must have:
- a passport or travel document with a minimum validity of six months.
- a photo of self against a white background.
- an onward ticket booking to a 3rd destination, other than the one you are coming from.
Can I apply for Dubai visa through Emirates?
If you are travelling to or stopping over in Dubai with Emirates, you can submit an application and receive your UAE visa entirely online – without having to submit your passport for stamping. You can apply for your UAE visa through our Manage your booking after you book your Emirates flight. VFS processing fees apply.
Do I need a visa for Dubai if I am in transit?
Should the traveler transit through Dubai with a short stopover, no visa is required provided that the passenger remains in the transit lounge of the airport. It should be noted that Diplomatic and Official Passport Holders cannot be issued with transit visas upon arrival.
How do I transit through Dubai airport?
All passengers transiting through Dubai from the specified countries must present a valid negative COVID‑19 RT‑PCR test certificate that is issued within 72 hours from the time the sample was collected, issued from an approved health service provider, with a QR code.
How long does it take to get UAE transit visa?
All you have to do is apply for a Dubai transit visa starting from Rs 2,999* and receive it in just 5 working days. For instant Dubai visa assistance, call us at 022 4164 2214 or fill in your details. Note: Due to high volume transit visa processing is taking time.
How do I get a 48 hour transit visa for Dubai?
Visa validity is 30 days from the date of issue and the duration of stay is limited to 48 hours from the time of entry. 48 hour visa is available only if applicant has an onward itinerary from DXB to any 3rd Destination and not immediately returning (turnaround) back to origin (i.e. BOM-DXB-BOM).
Is transit visa required for Abu Dhabi airport?
Is it mandatory to travel through Abu Dhabi Airport on a Transit Visa? Yes. You can apply for a Transit Visa ONLY if you are travelling into Abu Dhabi Airport and onwards from Abu Dhabi Airport. However, your ticket does not have to be issued by Etihad Airways.
Can I apply UAE visa online?
You can apply online for a visa through the websites of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) ] Dubai. GDRFA of Dubai provides one more website Amer.ae, through which Dubai nationals and residents can apply for entry permit and residence visa for their families.
Can I apply Dubai visa online?
You can apply Dubai visa online either through an OTA (Online Travel Agency) or through the Dubai Visa Processing Centre (DVPC). You can choose to book your flight tickets directly with Emirates and subsequently apply Dubai tourist visa online.
Can I enter UAE with expired residence visa 2021?
The UAE Government allows residents a grace period of 30 days to stay in the UAE after the expiry of their visas. The residence visa has to be renewed before the end of that period to avoid incurring fines.
Can I visit Dubai during transit?
Can I leave the airport during a layover in Dubai? The short answer is yes, but there are a few catches, and it will all depend on how long you have between flights. If you’re just transiting through Dubai airport, you don’t need a visa. But, travellers from the majority of countries will need one to leave the airport.
Can I meet someone in transit at Dubai?
You can’t go to the transit area so your only option is that both of you head for arrivals and meet up after immigration.
Which countries require transit visa?
The nationals of the following countries need an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit area of any Schengen country airport:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo.
UAE visa information
Applicants for visas and sponsorships should submit their applications to the Abu Dhabi Emirates Ticketing Office, located at Al Sawari Tower C, Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Visa services are available from Sunday through Wednesday (8.30am to 5pm) Thursday is a working day (8.30am to 4.30pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days. The Emirates Ticketing Office in Ajman Sheikh Rashid Bin Humaid Street is home to the Escape Tower. Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 8pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Service for visas is available from Saturday through Wednesday (8.30am to 6pm) and on Thursday (from 8am to 6pm) (8.30am to 5.30pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
Visa services are available from Sunday through Thursday (7am to 2pm) Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays are all off days.
: +61 4 504 7300 [email protected] is the e-mail address to use.
- to 2.30 p.m.), Friday (7 a.m.
- to 12 noon) (9am to 4pm) Sundays and public holidays are off limits.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (10am to 5pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
- Visa services are available on a daily basis (10am to 6pm) VFS Global Services is an acronym that stands for VFS Global Services.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 7pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
- Visa services are available from Saturday through Thursday (9am to 6pm) Fridays and public holidays are off-limits.
The Official Portal of the UAE Government
If you are not from one of the countries that are eligible for visa on arrival or visa-free entry into the UAE, you will need to get a transit visa before you may continue your journey.
Who can apply for your transit visa?
Only theUAE-based airlines that you will be flying with will be able to arrange your transit visa prior to your departure.
If you book your trip through a travel agency, the firm can also assist you in obtaining a visa; nevertheless, all visas must be obtained through the airline. Agents working for airlines can submit online applications for transit visas using one of the following methods:
- The ICA UAE eChannels app for Apple and Android devices
- The online channels provided by the relevant General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in each emirate
- And the ICA UAE eChannels app for Apple and Android devices.
Duration of transit visa
Transit visas are valid for 48 hours or 96 hours, depending on the country. Remember that once a visa is issued for 48 hours, it cannot be extended to a visa valid for a total of 96 hours. Visas for transit are valid for 48 hours. The UAE’s airports provide free transit visas for a period of 48 hours to travellers passing through their facilities. You must submit an application for a visa in advance through an airline located in the United Arab Emirates. This visa is not extendable or renewed under any circumstances.
In order to obtain a transit visa, you must have the following documents:
- The possession of a passport or other travel document having a minimum validity of three months
- A photograph of oneself taken against a white background a reservation for a subsequent flight to a third location other than the one from which you are departing
Visas for transit are valid for 96 hours. Passengers transiting through the United Arab Emirates’ airports are awarded transit permits valid for 96 hours for a price of AED 50 each. You must submit an application for a visa in advance through an airline located in the United Arab Emirates. This visa is not extendable or renewed under any circumstances. The visa is valid for 96 hours from the time of admission into the UAE, and you must depart the country within 96 hours of your arrival in the UAE.
- The possession of a passport or other travel document having a minimum validity of six months
- A photograph of oneself taken against a white background a reservation for a subsequent flight to a third location other than the one from which you are departing
- Who is eligible to apply for a visa online using the Emirates / VFS Global system? The system is intended for use by Emirates travellers who require a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates. Make sure you know what your visa requirements are. This system is exclusively available to customers flying with Emirates
- Travelers flying with other airlines are not permitted to utilize this system. What are the benefits of using the online application system? By applying online, you will not be required to locate a local sponsor in the UAE, and you will receive a response within a few days of submitting your application. You may also submit all of the essential papers and information, as well as pay for visa costs, from the comfort of your own home, eliminating the need to send documents by mail or fax. Moreover, if your visa application is accepted, we will update your Emirates ticket with your visa information instantly, making your travel more convenient. When do I have to submit an application for a visa? You can apply for a visa up to 58 days before your scheduled departure date, and you must submit your application at least 24 working hours before your scheduled departure date. Emirates and VFS Global recommend that you submit your visa application well in advance of your trip. I’m not sure what you mean by working hours or days. All days, with the exception of Saturdays and Sundays, as well as national holidays, are considered working hours or days. Is it necessary to submit an application for a visa at the same time as I make my flight reservations? Visa applications can be submitted at any time up to 24 working hours before your scheduled departure. On Emirates.com, you may use the online visa application system at any moment by visiting the Manage A Booking section of your booking history.
- In order to obtain a visa for the United Arab Emirates when traveling with Emirates, is it required that you use this service? No, you may apply for a visa through this or any other visa service, or you can ask a relative in the UAE to do so on your behalf. Will I be guaranteed a visa if I submit my application online? Is it assured that I will be admitted into the UAE if I obtain a visa? The decision to award entry visas to the United Arab Emirates is solely at the discretion of the country’s immigration officials
- Thus, neither Emirates nor VFS Global can guarantee that your visa application will be granted by the UAE authorities. In the UAE, the issuance of a visa does not ensure entrance
- The ultimate decision is made by immigration authorities at the point of entry. Is it possible to go by another airline after receiving a visa? No. Visas given through this service are sponsored by Emirates
- Hence, if the visa holder lands in Dubai on a rival airline, the immigration officials will deny the visa bearer admission into the country
- And What is the method for submitting an online visa application for the United Arab Emirates? To be able to apply for an Emirates visa online, you must first have a confirmed Emirates reservation. On the “manage a booking” feature, you may begin the application process by selecting “new booking.” You can then select the portion of the journey for which a visa is required, as well as the names of the passenger(s) who will be applying for a visa, before submitting the information and documents required to process the application, as well as payment, to the visa application processing center in order to complete the process. Following the completion of your application, we will contact you within four international working days to inform you of the outcome of your visa application. What is the typical processing time for a visa? In most cases, visas are awarded through email within four working days after receiving your application, provided that all relevant papers are presented correctly. What is the cost of submitting a visa application? It costs $69 for a 30-day visa, $44 for a 96-hour visa, and $165 for a 90-day visa to enter the country. In addition, applicants from certain countries may be required to submit a $272.50 refundable security deposit. For a complete list of nations to which this applies, please see this page. In addition, VFS Global charges a processing fee for each individual visa application that is submitted. All fees and levies must be paid in US Dollars. What is the amount of the security deposit, and will I be required to pay it? The security deposit is a sum of money that residents of certain countries must pay, and it will be repaid to you once you have completed your stay in the UAE. Depending on your country of residency, the system will automatically incorporate the security deposit. When will I receive a return of my security deposit? We will return your security deposit within four international working days after you have completed your departure from the UAE and the immigration authorities have recorded your departure. Please ensure that you obtain an exit stamp in your passport as soon as you left the UAE in order to give documentation of departure in the event of any anomalies after your departure. In the event that VFS or EK is required to pay a penalty on your behalf as a result of any incident (e.g. overstay, deportation costs, airline tickets, etc.), the equal amount of the penalty will be removed from the security amount and only the remaining balance will be returned to you. Upon the return of an application for a visa, the security deposit will be repaid within four international working days of the application being received. I returned from the United Arab Emirates more than four days ago – why hasn’t my security deposit been paid to my account? Your deposit will typically be repaid within four international working days
- After this time, you may check with your bank or credit card provider to ensure that the refund has been processed successfully. Remember that if you paid using a credit card, your refund may appear on your following month’s bill if you paid that way. Contact us using our online enquiry page if you have not received your refund within four international business days. What papers do I need to provide with my application? Is it necessary for all members of the family to submit documents? Every traveller who requires a visa will be required to present the following papers, which must be submitted in electronic and color format:
- A scan of the photo and bio page of the passport. It is recommended that passports be valid for a minimum of six months from the date of travel. Color photograph in the form of a passport
In addition, the primary applicant for each application will be required to submit the following documents:
- Identification as proof of residency, such as a resident visa, a utility bill, a tenancy contract, a phone bill, a credit card statement, or an official printed address page in a passport
Aside from that, the following supporting papers, if they are available, may aid in the application process for a visa and can be supplied throughout the application process, under the category of “Additional Documents.”
- A valid visa for any of the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen nations, the United Kingdom, the United States, or the United Arab Emirates
- Evidence of travel to any of the countries listed below during the recent five years is required: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen nations, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates Documents demonstrating that you have investments worth USD 8000 or more, or local income tax documents demonstrating that you have an annual income of USD 8000 or more. The documentation might be in the form of pay stubs, bank statements, or any other type of local investment.
- Other supporting papers, such as marriage certificates, birth certificates, and so on, may be required in some instances: If this is the case, we will get in touch with you immediately
- When I try to proceed with my visa application, I am unable to pick passengers. Why is this? Applicants for passengers who have already filed applications for them will not be able to be selected again – these applicants will be greyed out. The link we issued you via email is only active for four international working days before your scheduled departure date, unless otherwise specified. You will be unable to proceed with applications that were not filed prior to this time, unless they were submitted in the express visa category. My passport is about to expire
- Will I be able to obtain a visa in time? All travellers to the United Arab Emirates must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the date of their arrival. If your passport is only valid for six months or less, you will need to renew it before you can apply for a visa and travel to the United Arab Emirates
- Otherwise, you will need to apply for a visa and travel to the UAE. Do children or newborns require a visa to enter the country? Yes. To enter the United Arab Emirates, all travelers, including children and newborns, must acquire a visa. Infants traveling on their parents’ laps are included in this category. We are unable to handle visas for minors whose passports have been endorsed by their parents. What method will I use to obtain my visa? All visas are issued through email, to the email address that was provided at the beginning of the application process, and are valid for 90 days. Is it necessary for me to submit my passport for stamping before I leave for my trip? The answer is no: you will be issued an electronic visa, which will not require anything to be stamped in your passport prior to your departure. All visas are delivered through email. Make a duplicate of your visa before you leave home and keep it with you while on your trip. What sorts of visas am I eligible to apply for? Is it possible to apply for a long-term visa online? Depending on how long you want to spend in the UAE, you can apply for a 96-hour visa, a 30-day visa, or a 90-day visa, among other options. Depending on your Emirates booking, the system will automatically determine the proper visa for you to apply for. Through this system, we do not provide long-term or resident visas for any reason. For additional information on these visas, please contact the Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department (DNRD). Is it necessary to get a visa for each stay in Dubai if I wish to make a stopover in Dubai on both my outbound and return trips? Yes, each time you enter the UAE, you will require a new visa. Through the system, you may apply for up to two visas for any one itinerary at the same time. There is a different process for each visa application
- Therefore, once you have finished your first application, you must begin the process all over again for your second visa. Alternatively, if your schedule allows it, you may be able to obtain a visa that allows you to enter and exit many times. What is the best way to keep track of the status of my visa application? When you have completed your visa application, you will receive a confirmation email with a link – this will allow you to follow the progress of your visa application at any time in the future. By visiting to Manage A Booking on Emirates.com and selecting ‘Online visa application’, you may also keep track of the status of your application. Your visa application will be granted or refused, and if more information is necessary, we will send you an email confirming the outcome. What was the reason for my visa application being rejected? Unfortunately, because the UAE authorities do not publish particular reasons for denying visa applications, we are unable to provide you with precise information on why your application was denied. If my visa application is refused, will my visa payments be repaid to me? No: The UAE’s immigration officials do not reimburse visa expenses in the event of a rejected application. After receiving your application, your security deposit will be repaid to you within four international working days of the application being received. Is it possible to reapply for a visa if my first application is rejected? The Emirates online visa application service does not allow you to reapply
- Thus, you cannot do so. “Application began” displays next to my name on the Application Request page. What does this mean? What exactly does this imply? You have already begun the process of submitting an online application. An email with your web reference number should have been sent to you
- This number will allow you to finish the remainder of your application. We recommend that you check your spam/junk folder before contacting us if you did not get this email. What is the best way to get in touch with VFS Global? If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using our online enquiry page. Alternatively, you may talk with us by clicking here. Chat Now, Please be advised that all discussions and correspondence will be conducted in the English language exclusively. What is the best way for me to offer feedback on the services I have received? Emirates and VFS Global are interested in hearing your thoughts. We appreciate it if you would use our FeedBack form to offer us your thoughts. What should I do if I want to cancel my visa and how do I go about doing so? To proceed with the cancellation request, you will need your visa application number as well as your Emirates booking reference number. Please keep in mind that once a cancellation request has been received, it cannot be withdrawn. Click here to proceed and then choose the visa application that has to be canceled in order to proceed. There are fees associated with each visa cancellation request. How can I obtain an extension of the visa that I obtained through VFS Global? You have the option of extending the visa categories listed below twice for a total of 30 days each. Each extension is subject to a cost of AED 850.
|Short Term Visit Single Entry – Tourist|
|Long Term Visit Single Entry – Tourist|
|Long Term Visit Multiple Entry – Tourist|
|Short Term Visit Multiple Entry – Tourist|
As soon as you have entered the country on the same visa, please send an email to the address shown below, together with your original passport and extension fee.
- Emirates Commercial Visa Services is a service that provides visas to businesses in the UAE. The arrivals area of Dubai International Airport Terminal 3 is located next to the Dubai Islamic Bank. Hours: Monday-Thursday: 0700hrs – 1530hrs
- Friday: 0700hrs – 1500hrs
- And Saturday: 0900hrs – 1700hrs
- Is it possible to apply for a UAE visa if my passport only has one name on it? Passports with a single name will not be accepted
- Applicants must have a minimum of two names in their passport in order to apply for a visa to the United Arab Emirates. What is the best way for me to submit my awaiting documents? You can upload your pending papers by using the unique link that you got in a pending email or by using the upload button on this page. You can send the awaiting papers to the DVPC customer support email ID, [email protected], which is available 24 hours a day. When sending pending documents by email, please include a subject line and the content of the document in the email body. If any of the required information is not given, our system will classify the email as spam, quarantine it, and it will not be transmitted to us.
Residents of more than 180 countries can use this service to apply for a visa on their behalf. Visa on arrival in Dubai is available to nationals of more than 30 countries, and applicants are not required to submit an application in advance.
Visa Types and Pricing
More than 180 nations are represented in this service, which allows residents to apply for a visa online. Visa on arrival in Dubai is available to nationals of more than 30 countries, and there is no need to apply ahead of time.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee||Service Fee|
|Tourist / 30Days||USD $ 70.00||USD $ 23.38|
|Transit / 96 HRS||USD $ 15.00||USD $ 21.65|
|90 day (Single Entry)||USD $ 166.00||USD $ 26.79|
|30 day (Multiple Entry)||USD $ 152.00||USD $ 46.98|
|90 day (Multiple Entry)||USD $ 425.00||USD $ 56.98|
|48Hrs Visa||USD $ 0.00||USD $ 21.12|
Note: UAE Immigration has temporarily halted the issuance of 14-day visas. By default, you will be able to apply for a 30-day tourist visa. A USD $272.50 refundable security deposit plus incidental fees is needed for applications from certain countries of residency, which is repaid when the visa applicant departs Dubai.
Any visa costs, service fees, and incidental expenses are non-refundable for all applications, even those that are turned down for a visa approval.
How to apply and pay
Note: UAE Immigration has temporarily halted the issuance of 14-day visas for the time being. Visas for 30 days or less will be available to you by default. Applications from certain countries of residency are subject to the payment of a USD $272.50 refundable security deposit plus incidental fees, which is repaid after the visa holder departs the country. Any visa costs, service fees, and incidental expenses are non-refundable for all applications, even those that are turned down for approval.
Requirements for application
To be eligible, all candidates must have a machine-readable passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of their first entry into the United Arab Emirates. Children who have been endorsed on their parents’ passports will not be allowed to use this service to submit an application. All candidates are required to submit clear, color electronic scans of the following documents in order to complete the application:
- Page(s) containing information about and photographs from your passport a picture the size of a passport
Additional papers, such as those listed below, can be included to your application to help it stand out from the crowd. In some cases, applicants from certain countries of residency are needed to provide supplementary documentation over the course of the online application procedure.
- Documents demonstrating investments totaling USD $8,000 or more
- Income tax returns that demonstrate a yearly gross income of USD $8,000 or more are acceptable. Passports from, or evidence of travel (e.g. visas, entrance stamps, etc.) to, any of the following countries in the previous five years: the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or Schengen nations
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for further information. For questions or help, please contact us. I have read and agree to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy statement.
How to Apply For UAE Transit Visa: Processing Time, Fees & More – MyBayut
- Eligibility, duration of UAE transit visa, requirements, cost, and frequently asked questions
Are you considering a brief layover or stopover in the United Arab Emirates? Make the most of your time before boarding your next aircraft out of the country by obtaining a transit visa, which is valid for durations ranging from 48 to 96 hours. Today, we’ll speak about how overseas travelers may obtain a transit visa for the United Arab Emirates. Obtaining a stopover visa for the United Arab Emirates is a simple process. Having said that, it is always preferable to plan your travel ahead of time in order to be properly prepared.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE UAE TRANSIT VISA
If you need to make a layover at an airport in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or one of the other emirates for between 8 and 24 hours, here’s how to apply for a transit visa in the UAE. A valid visa on arrival is available in some countries, such as the United States, if you meet the requirements.
If you are traveling via any of the emirates and have a ticket to a location other than the one from where you arrived, you may be able to get a transit visa for the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The next aircraft out of the local airport should leave at least eight hours after you arrive at the airport, according to this rule of thumb. If you are qualified for a visa on arrival in the UAE, you will not be required to make any prior preparations. Travelers from the following countries will be able to get a valid visa at the airport:
For 30 days (extendable):
- Canada, Brunei, Australia, Andorra, Japan, Ireland, Hong Kong, Vatican City, Russia, Monaco, Chile, Malaysia, Ukraine, Singapore, Seychelles, San Marino, New Zealand, Kazakhstan, China, Mauritius, the United States of America, and the United Kingdom are among the countries represented.
For 90 days (extendable):
- Romanian Republic of Liechtenstein Germany Luxembourg Lithuania Latvia Italia Portugal Norway Holland Spain Slovenia Slovakia Romanian Republic of Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Liechtenstein Sweden
In addition, certain Indian passport holders are not needed to get a transit visa in the UAE. This is due to the fact that Indian citizens having a valid visit visa or green card granted by the United States, a valid visit visa issued by the United Kingdom, or EU residence are eligible for a 14-day visa upon arrival. Furthermore, people of GCC nations are not need to get a visa in order to enter the UAE. However, if you are a foreign person resident in the Gulf, you must submit an online application for a UAE visa based on your nationality.
It is possible that visa fees will change depending on these factors as well.
You can also apply for a stopover visa in the United Arab Emirates through your hotel. Additionally, a travel agency can assist you with the visa application procedure; nevertheless, all UAE transit visas are typically handled through one of the following carriers:
You must apply for visa services at the same time as you purchase flight tickets from your selected carrier.
DURATION OF THE TRANSIT VISA IN THE UAE
The United Arab Emirates grants two types of single entry transit visas, which are valid for 48 and 96 hours, respectively. To enter the nation, you must apply for a visa before arriving in the country. It is important to note that the UAE 48-hour transit visa expires after 14 days and the UAE 96-hour visa expires after 30 days from the date of issuance. Also keep in mind that after a 48-hour visa has been approved, it cannot be extended to a 96-hour visa.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A UAE TRANSIT VISA
For the application for a transit visa to the United Arab Emirates, you will require the following documents:
- Original passport (valid for up to six months from the date of travel) and two color copies of the passport are required. Tickets for the following flight have been confirmed
- Photocopies of passport-size pictures with white backgrounds
In addition, if your transit is more than 24 hours, you will be required to produce your confirmed hotel reservation or evidence of residency if you are staying with a friend or family who is not affiliated with the airline. If you are not traveling from one of the countries on the list above, you will need to apply for a transit visa.
COST OF THE TRANSIT VISA IN THE UAE
The 48-hour transit visa is normally free of charge, however the 96-hour visa to the United Arab Emirates costs AED 50. In addition, you will be required to pay a departure charge of AED 30 upon your departure. There are no additional fees for transit visas in the United Arab Emirates.
The transit visas are valid for 48 hours and 96 hours, respectively, and are neither extendable or renewed. Each time you make a layover in the UAE, you must submit an application for a transit visa in the country.
IS A MEDICAL TEST REQUIRED FOR A TRANSIT VISA?
A transit visa does not need the completion of any necessary medical exams. If you are traveling overseas, it is usually recommended that you be checked out by a medical professional first.
CAN A TRANSIT VISA BE CONVERTED TO A RESIDENCE VISA OR WORK PERMIT?
In the United Arab Emirates, transit visas cannot be converted into resident visas nor into work permits. These must be requested on a separate application basis.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A TRANSIT VISA IN THE UAE?
In the United Arab Emirates, transit visas cannot be converted into resident visas nor into work authorizations. There is an unique application process for each of these options.
WHAT IS THE UAE TRANSIT VISA PROCESSING TIME?
The typical processing time for a transit visa in the United Arab Emirates is four to five days.
CAN INDIAN EXPATS RENEW THEIR PASSPORT IN THE UAE?
Yes, Indian expats in the United Arab Emirates are able to apply for a renewal of their Indian passport. This concludes our guide on obtaining a transit visa for the United Arab Emirates. Because you must submit your application directly to the airline, it is a rather straightforward process. Keeping this information in mind, on the other hand, can assist you in planning and making the most of your time in the UAE. As previously said, airports in the United Arab Emirates are equipped with enough amenities to keep you entertained for hours on end.
Aside from shopping, there are a variety of other activities available at Dubai International Airport.
Top attractions in Downtown Dubai, such as the Burj Khalifa and The Dubai Mall, are a 20-minute drive away, and Dubai Marina is around 30-45 minutes away.
If you want to see more of Abu Dhabi, take advantage of the free A19 bus service that runs from the airport to Yas Island and the Louvre Abu Dhabi. Alternatively, if you are planning a longer vacation to Dubai, you might be interested in learning more about tourist visas in Dubai.
How to Apply for a Transit Visa for Dubai
Citizens of the United States can get transit visas upon arrival at Dubai International Airport. ) Photograph courtesy of Digital Vision /Digital Vision/Getty Images. ) Some passengers traveling through the United Arab Emigrates’ Dubai International Airport (DXB) will require transit visas valid for 96 hours; however, transit visas are not required if airline passengers with a layover do not leave the terminal building because they will not be entering the United Arab Emigrates. Transit visas are only required for residents of the United States who are neither nationals of the United States or citizens of nations that the UAE has designated as being eligible for a free visit visa.
residents on short business travels, as there is no visa price to pay in this case.
For travelers going on other airlines, they can organize their visas through Marhaba Services (marhabaservices.com).
Get in touch with the airline that is sponsoring your transit visa; in most cases, this will be either Emirates or Etihad Airways. If you are flying on a different airline, please contact Marhaba Services. Emirates Airline and Etihad Airways enable travelers from some countries – U.S. citizens are not eligible – to submit visa applications online through their websites. This pertains to visitors who are not eligible for a visa on arrival with Etihad Airways, but Emirates provides a list of countries that are eligible on its website.
Prepare all of the documentation that will be required (see “Things You’ll Need” for a list of what you’ll need). Remember that in order to receive a transit visa, you will need to present proof of your confirmed hotel arrangements as well as proof of your confirmed flight ticket.
Once you arrive at DXB, make your way to the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (dubaitourism.ae). You must complete the visa application if you haven’t already done so, as well as submit all of the necessary travel papers together with your application and the visa payment money. According to current rates, a transit visa costs $51.73 at the time of writing. It is possible that you may need to visit the counter of your airline in order to obtain extra information.
Wait for your transit visa to be processed, which might take up to an hour depending on the amount of applicants. References ResourcesWarnings
- Keep in mind that nationals of Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Niger, and Yemen who are residents of the United States are not eligible for the 96-hour transit visas on arrival.
About the Author: Since 2002, Christine Kim has worked as a writer and editor for a variety of clients including the Universities of Alabama Press, Columbia, Harvard Business School, and Harvard University.
She has a Master of Arts in interdisciplinary studies and a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing under her belt, among other qualifications.
UAE Transit Visa – Transit Visa for Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Bio of the AuthorChristine Kim has been a writer and editor since 2002, and has worked with organizations such as Columbia University, Harvard Business School, and the University of Alabama. The Master of Arts in interdisciplinary studies and the Master of Fine Arts in creative writing are two degrees she has under her belt.
Do I need a visa to transit in Dubai or Abu Dhabi?
If any of the following apply to you, you will require a visa to transit through Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or any other emirate in the United Arab Emirates:
- You are not exempt from UAE Tourist Visas or are not eligible for a UAE Visa On Arrival
- And, your onward flight is within 48 or 96 hours of your arrival in the UAE.
You are not exempt from UAE Tourist Visas or are not eligible for a UAE Visa On Arrival; and your onward flight is within 48 or 96 hours of your arrival in the country.
Who is exempt from Dubai Transit Visa?
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, you are not required to get a visa to visit Dubai or any other emirate in the United Arab Emirates; as a result, you do not require a UAE Transit Visa: If you are a citizen of one of the nations listed above, you enjoy complete freedom of movement and may enter the UAE with nothing more than your passport or ID. If you are a citizen of Mexico, you are permitted to visit the European Union without a visa for a period of up to 180 days. If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, you are not need to get a visa to enter the UAE for up to 90 days within any 180-day period:
- Members of the European Union (except from the United Kingdom and Ireland), Honduras, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Norway, Russia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Switzerland
Members of the EU (except the United Kingdom and Ireland), Honduras, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Norway, Russia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Switzerland
- South Africa, Barbados, Brazil, Chile, Nauru, Peru, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, and Uruguay
Visitors from the following countries are permitted to stay in the United Arab Emirates without a visa for up to 30 days without obtaining a visa:
Who can get a Dubai Visa On Arrival?
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, you can obtain a Visa On Arrival for Dubai and any other emirate in the United Arab Emirates, eliminating the need to apply for a UAE Transit Visa in advance:
- The following countries have 30-day visas: Andorra (valid for 30 days)
- Australia (valid for 30 days)
- The Bahamas (valid for 90 days)
- Brunei (valid for 30 days)
- Canada (valid for 30 days)
- Costa Rica (valid for 90 days)
- El Salvador (valid for 90 days)
- Hong Kong (valid for 30 days)
- Kazakhstan (valid for 30 days)
- Malaysia (valid for 30 days)
- Mauritius (valid for 30 days)
- Mongolia (valid for 30 days)
- New Zealand (valid for 3 months).
What Documents Do I Need for a Transit Visa?
When applying for a transit visa in the UAE, you must provide the following papers to your airline along with your application:
- Your passport, which should be valid for at least another three months
- Photographs of yourself in passport size, in accordance with UAE visa photo standards
- The purchase of a flight ticket for subsequent travel to a third nation. Reservation of a hotel in the United Arab Emirates
How Can I Apply for a UAE Transit Visa?
Before traveling to the UAE, you must apply for a Transit Visa to the country. Like other types of UAE visas, you cannot apply for one by yourself at a UAE embassy or consulate overseas; instead, you must have a sponsor who can submit your application on your behalf.
Who can sponsor my UAE Transit Visa?
If you want a transit visa for Dubai or the United Arab Emirates, only your airline located in the UAE may act as your sponsor. They are the ones who make arrangements for you to obtain a transit visa from the appropriate visa granting authorities in the United Arab Emirates. Consequently, if you know that you will be stopping in Dubai or Abu Dhabi or any other emirate on your route to a third location, you must contact your airline in order to begin the process of getting a transit visa for that emirate.
If you are traveling through a travel agency, they can assist you with the procedure; nonetheless, it is the airlines who are responsible for arranging your transit visa for you. Travel agencies or private sponsors are not permitted to submit applications on your behalf, such as for tourist visas.
Where to apply for a UAE Transit Visa?
To begin, you must submit an application through your airline. Then, your airline submits an application for your transit visa online, using one of the methods listed below:
- For starters, contact your airline and submit an application. Once this is completed, your airline will submit an application for a transit visa online in one of the following ways:
- Abu Dhabi
- Dubai (see also Amer, a website that Dubai citizens and residents may use to apply for family reunions, as well as a website that tourists can use to extend their Visa On Arrival)
- And other cities in the United Arab Emirates. Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, or any other city in the United Arab Emirates.
- Apps for the International Civil Aviation Organization’s eChanel site (forAppleandAndroid)
- GDRFA Dubai (forAppleandAndroid)
Where can I apply for a Dubai Transit Visa?
Dubai is a part of the United Arab Emirates, and as such, you may apply for a Dubai Transit Visa in the same way that you did for your other visa applications.
How to get an Abu Dhabi Transit Visa?
You can obtain an Abu Dhabi Transit Visa by arranging for one with a United Arab Emirates-based airline, using the same procedure as described above. This is due to the fact that Abu Dhabi is one of the emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, and as such you will require a UAE visa rather than an Abu Dhabi visa.
How long is the UAE Transit Visa valid?
The same procedure as described above may be used to get an Abu Dhabi Transit Visa by organizing a flight with a UAE-based carrier. This is due to the fact that Abu Dhabi is one of the emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, and as such, you will require a UAE visa rather than an Abu Dhabi visa to enter the country.
How long can I stay in UAE with a Transit Visa?
There are two types of transit visas for Dubai/UAE: tourist visas and business visas. You are not permitted to remain in the country after the date on which the visa was issued. The countdown begins the moment you set foot in the United Arab Emirates.
Can you extend a UAE Transit Visa?
No, you are not permitted to extend your UAE Transit Visa beyond the number of hours for which it has been issued. A 48-hour Transit Visa cannot be upgraded to a 96-hour Transit Visa, and a 96-hour Transit Visa cannot be extended for more than 48 hours.
UAE Transit Visa price
The cost of a transit visa is determined on the kind of visa:
- The transit visa for the United Arab Emirates is free of charge for 48 hours. The cost of a 96-hour transit visa in the UAE is AED 50 (about US$13 – US$14).
How long does it take to get a UAE Transit Visa?
A transit visa for the United Arab Emirates is typically processed within 3-4 working days, however it may take longer depending on the airline, your nation, and other unique factors.
Need a UAE visa?
You can find all of the information you need regarding applying for a tourist visa right here (short, long, single entry or multiple entry). Requirements that must be met
- Learn all you need to know about submitting an application for a tourist visa (short, long, single entry or multiple entry). Prerequisites that must be met
Children As an additional requirement to the essential prerequisites given above, you must additionally send a copy of your child’s birth certificate, which must be in English or Arabic. Documents that have been translated should have an attestation on the main page. The term “dependents” refers to a spouse, children under the age of 18 who are living with them, and parents over the age of 60. You must produce supporting documentation that establishes the legal status of the connection, such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate, among other things.
- A photo ID from either the parents or the spouse is necessary. Copies of the parents’ tourist visas that have been sponsored by Etihad Airways
- Etihad Airways maintains the right to sponsor just one parent. Unaccompanied minors and students are not eligible for sponsorship by Etihad Airways. Females under the age of 18 and students are required to travel with their guardians or parents. There will be no acceptance of handwritten passports
- Only machine-readable passports will be allowed.
Obtaining approval for your visa application It is necessary to send documents exclusively in JPEG format, with a file size limit of 1 MB. Additional documentation Depending on your nationality, you may be required to provide additional documentation in support of their visa application to the Embassy.
Applicants who fail to produce these papers may have their visa applications refused. Under no circumstances will the visa money be refunded to the applicant.
96 Transit Visa – Dubai Forum
- Visas are available in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- When traveling to Dubai with Emirates, you may take use of this service to apply for a UAE visa.
- Your visa type will be determined by the length of time you want to spend in Dubai, as shown in your Emirates itinerary.
- Applicants from certain countries of residency are required to pay a USD $272.50 non-refundable security deposit plus taxes, which is repaid after the visa holder departs Dubai.
- How to submit an application and make a payment The application must be submitted at least four international working days (or a maximum of 58 days) ahead to the date of travel.
- Paying by credit or debit card with a Visa or MasterCard is the only method of payment accepted.
All candidates are required to submit clear electronic scans of the following documents in order to complete the application: Page containing information about and a photograph of your passport (s) a photograph the size of a passport Proof of residency in accordance with the law Documents that are not required Additional papers, such as those listed below, can be included to your application to help it stand out from the crowd.
In some cases, applicants from certain countries of residency are needed to provide supplementary documentation over the course of the online application procedure.
Income tax returns that demonstrate a yearly gross income of USD $8,000 or more are acceptable.
visas, entrance stamps, etc.) to, any of the following countries during the previous five years: the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or Schengen nations.
For further information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or need assistance.
Welcome to DUBAI VISA PROCESSING CENTRE (DVPC)
Greetings, Applicants We would like to inform you that the Bangalore VFS center has been relocated to the following address: VFS GLOBAL22, Gopalan Innovation Mall, Bannerghatta Main Rd,Sarakki Industrial Layout, 3rd Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka 560076VFS GLOBAL22, Gopalan Innovation Mall, Bannerghatta Main Rd,Sarakki Industrial Layout, 3rd Phase, J. P. Please keep in mind that the new location’s admission criteria for the visa application center are listed below. All customers must be fully vaccinated (anyone who has received both doses of the vaccine and 14 days have elapsed since the administration of the second dose) in accordance with the most recent order issued by the Government of Karnataka in order to be permitted entry into the mall with immediate effect.
- COWIN Certificate in tangible form
- OR, confirmation using the Arogya Setu app
Customers who are only partially or completely immunized will be required to schedule a new appointment. We ask for your help in adhering to the policies outlined above so that we can continue to offer a safe workplace for our customers and employees. Customers who will be coming in the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) on or after July 7, 2020, can apply for their visas. Upon arrival, customers are asked to bring the following documentation with them:
- When arriving at Dubai International Airport, you will be asked to complete a health declaration form, which must be downloaded, printed, and entirely filled out in block capital letters before signing and handing it over. Please click here to get the download link. Quarantine undertaking form- This form must be downloaded, printed, and properly filled out in block capital letters before it can be signed and sealed. Downloading the file is available by clickinghere
- To schedule a PCR test through an approved center, please visithere. It is strongly advised that you obtain health insurance that is valid for the term of the visa’s validity to cover any testing, medical, and quarantine costs. For the most up-to-date information on travel requirements for travellers heading to Dubai, please visit this page.
Prior to submitting your applications, please ensure that you are aware of any applicable foreign travel rules in your home country.
Visas For Non-US Citizens
If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, you will only be able to get a visa upon arrival. Please ensure that you have the following items with you before to departure:
- A valid passport (which should not have expired more than six (6) months before the anticipated time of arrival in the UAE)
- An airline ticket for a round-trip flight or a confirmed ticket to another location
|Colombia||Costa Rica||Croatia||Cyprus||Czech Republic|
|Romania||Russian Federation||St. Vincent and the Grenadines||San Marino||Saudi Arabia|
|United Kingdom||United States||Uruguay||Vatican City|
Citizens of the Republic of India
- Citizens of the country of India
If you do not belong to one of the above-mentioned nations, please keep the following in mind:
- Visas for visit, work, tourist, or transit purposes are not issued by the Embassy for ordinary/tourist passport holders. It is necessary to have your visit visa handled within the UAE by your sponsor (host), and it is essential that you acquire a copy of the visa from your sponsor (host) before departing. It is recommended that you get your tourist visa handled by visa agents or hotels in the United Arab Emirates and that you obtain a copy of your visa from them before coming to the United Arab Emirates. It is possible to travel to the UAE without obtaining a visa in advance if you contact the airline company that will fly you there (Fly Emirates or Etihad Airways) and inquire about the possibility of traveling to the UAE without obtaining a visa in advance, as well as whether you can obtain a visit or tourist visa from them. Before flying to the United Arab Emirates, be certain that you have received a copy of your visa.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Keep up with the latest developments in UAE-US relations and UAE Embassy operations.
Applying for an airport transit visa in the United Arab Emirates
If you live in the United Arab Emirates and wish to apply for an airport transit visa to go to the Netherlands or Luxembourg, read on to learn more about the requirements and how to apply for an airport transit visa. Only those who are exempt from the EU entrance ban are permitted to go to the Netherlands. On Government.nl, you should carefully study the entrance rules.
Do I need an airport transit visa?
Whether or not you require an airport transit visa is determined by a variety of factors, including your nationality. TheVisa Advisorcan assist you in determining whether or not you require an airport transit visa for your trip.
What do I need to do?
- Passports or other travel documents issued within the past ten years must be submitted as proof of identity. A valid passport that has at least two blank pages and is valid for at least another three months after the date of your transit through the airport in the Netherlands is required. You must submit an application for a Schengen visa that is completely filled out and signed. In the online form, state that the primary objective of your travel is ‘airport transit.’ Each individual traveling with you on your travel document is required to submit their own visa application form. Parents or guardians must sign any forms pertaining to minors under the age of eighteen (18). You must provide a photograph that fulfills the Dutch criteria for passport photographs. Upon submitting your application, your fingerprints will be captured and stored on file. These will be kept for a total of 59 months. Some candidates, such as minors under the age of 12, do not have their fingerprints taken since they do not need to be. During the 59-month period preceding to your present application, did you give biometric data (fingerprints and photo)? After that, you have the option of having someone else submit your application on your behalf. It is not necessary for you to come in person. Please keep in mind that if it is discovered during the examination of your application that your fingerprints are not in the system, you will be required to come in and present them. Additionally, if your application demonstrates that you are a good candidate, you may be invited for an interview.
How much does a visa cost?
There is a charge associated with applying for a visa at the Dutch embassy or consulate in your home country. Please see the fees page for further information (look at the prices of a Schengen visa). If you submit your application through an external service provider, such as a visa agency, you will be required to pay a charge to the service provider as well. For candidates who fall into one of the following categories, the visa cost will be waived:
- Students, postgraduate students, and accompanying teachers who are undertaking stays for the purpose of study or educational training
- Researchers who are travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research or participating in an academic conference*
- Representatives of non-profit organizations who are under the age of 25 years and who are participating in seminars and conferences as well as sporting, cultural, and educational events organized by non-profit organizations
Students, postgraduate students, and accompanying teachers who are undertaking stays for the purpose of study or educational training; researchers who are traveling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research or participating in an academic conference*; representatives of non-profit organizations who are under the age of 25 years and who are participating in seminars and conferences as well as sporting, cultural, and educational events organized by non-profit organizations
How long does it take?
The earliest you may submit an application is six months before you want to go. This is nine months in the case of seamen. You should submit your application no later than 15 working days before the event. In the majority of circumstances, you will be notified whether or not your application has been successful within 15 calendar days. In some cases, it might take up to 30 days if more time is required, and up to 45 days if further papers are required, for example, if additional documents are required.
In addition, the information contained in your application will be reviewed and kept in the Visa Information System (VIS).
Applying for a visa in this country or region
In addition, you must provide a number of supporting papers to ensure that your application is properly evaluated. See the checklist for airport transportation. When it comes to processing visa requests, the consulate general in Dubai relies on the services of the visa facilitation center VFS Global. Please schedule a meeting with VFS Global in order to discuss your options.