First dial 011, the U.S. exit code. Next dial 971, the UAE country code. Then dial the 1-digit area code (see sample calling code list below), followed by the 7-digit phone number. Here’s what a U.S. to UAE sample call would look like: 011 + 971 + X + XXX XXXX.
How far is Dubai from the US?
- Distance from United States to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The total distance from United States to Dubai, United Arab Emirates is 7,727 miles. This is equivalent to 12 436 kilometers or 6,715 nautical miles. Your trip begins in the United States.
How do I call a mobile in Dubai?
To call Dubai from abroad you need to dial the international country code for United Arab Emirates which is +971 and then you dial the area code followed by the local number. Local numbers are composed of seven digits. When calling an area from abroad, you skip the 0 after dialling the country code.
How do I call a Dubai number?
To call Dubai From India Dial
- 00 – Exit code for India, and is needed for making international calls from any where in India.
- 971 – ISD Code or Country Code of United Arab Emirates.
- 4 – Area Code of Dubai.
How do I call UAE from USA?
So it might not be much of a concern to use Whatsapp. Both Skype and Whatsapp are not permitted in Dubai. This is the rule that was bought out in the year 2018. Dubai all the other apps that empower people to get in contact with each other through video or voice calls are considered unauthorized.
How can I use WhatsApp number in Dubai?
When adding the contact’s phone number, start by entering a plus sign (+). Enter the country code, followed by the full phone number.
Which country code is 977?
Nepal Country Code 977 – Worldometer.
How can I get UAE phone number?
How to Buy UAE Virtual Phone Numbers Online
- Choose Your Virtual Phone Number Plan and Add-On Features.
- Log In and Customize Your VoIP Number Features.
- Update Your Service Settings as Your Business Needs Change.
Is WhatsApp banned in Dubai?
The UAE, home to the oil-rich capital of Abu Dhabi and the freewheeling financial hub of Dubai, long has blocked internet calling apps like WhatsApp and FaceTime, presumably due to security concerns and to protect the revenues of its monopoly state-run telecommunication companies.
How many digits are there in Dubai mobile number?
Telephone numbers in United Arab Emirates (UAE) follow a closed telephone numbering plan. UAE is assigned an international dialling code of +971 by ITU-T. Telephone numbers are fixed at seven digits, with area codes fixed at two or three digits.
Does USPS ship to UAE?
Yes, USPS delivers to the United Arab Emirates. They offer several methods including USPS ePacket, USPS Priority, USPS Express.
How can I call Dubai from USA for free?
Ok, so to call UAE from the U.S., just follow these instructions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 971, the UAE country code.
- Then dial the 1-digit area code (see sample calling code list below), followed by the 7-digit phone number.
Does Dubai 2021 do FaceTime?
FaceTime isn’t available in the United Arab Emirates. The carrier, not Apple, provides technical support for iPhone in this country or region.
Which app works in Dubai for calling?
BOTIM. The UAE’s most popular video calling app, BOTIM, provides users with the means to make HD video calls and voice calls worldwide. BOTIM lets you send photos, voice messages and videos to friends and family around the globe so you won’t be missing WhatsApp.
How to Call Dubai
The Bimmah Sinkhole is a day excursion from the city. In addition to the sinkhole, which is not far from Muscat, Wadi Shab is a true oasis in the desert, complete with a river flowing through it that is clean and green. The only way to see them is to take a guided trip or drive yourself. There are no public transportation options to get you to this location. Definitely worth your time to stop by.
- 1 Enter the exit code of the country from which you are calling. 2 Press the dialing key. Before making any international calls, it is necessary to dial the country’s exit code. Also known as an international access code, this number is unique to each country and changes from one to the next.
- The exit code 011 should be used for travel to and from the United States, Canada, and the majority of the Caribbean. You should use the exit code 00 if you are traveling to China, Italy, or the United Kingdom. To go to Australia, use the exit code 0011
- Look up all of the other codes on the website
- 2 After entering your country’s exit code, press 9-7-1 immediately. United Arab Emirates (UAE), the nation in which Dubai is situated, has a country code of +971 followed by the letter “A.” Immediately following the entry of your country’s exit code, enter “971.”
- Consider the following example: If you’re calling from the United States, your phone number will appear something like this: 011-971
- Consider the following example: If you’re calling from the United States, your phone number will seem as follows: 011-971
- If the phone number you are contacting has seven digits (xxx-xxxxxx), it is a landline
- Otherwise, it is a mobile phone. It will appear something like this when dialing a landline number: 011-971-4-000-0000 (if you are calling from the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean)
- 4 To access a mobile phone, dial the prefix 50, 55, or 56 followed by the 7-digit phone number. In Dubai, mobile numbers are tied with certain operator prefixes. This prefix will be one of the following numbers: 50, 55, or 56. Ideally, it would be included in the mobile phone number that was provided to you.
- If the number has nine digits in length (xx-xxx-xxxxxx), it is a mobile phone number (xx-xxx-xxxxxx). Because the final number for a mobile phone will seem something like this: 011-971-55-000-0000 if you are calling from Canada, the Caribbean, or the United States, the final number for a mobile phone will look something like this: 011-971-55-000-0000.
- This means that the number is 9 digits long (xxXXX-XXX-XXX) and is a mobile phone number. Because the final number for a mobile phone will appear like: 011-971-55-000-0000 whether you are calling from Canada, the Caribbean, or the United States, the two extra digits are the corresponding operator prefixes.
- Dubai does not observe Daylight Savings Time
- Instead, it observes Standard Time. You can quickly find out what time it is in Dubai by visiting the website
- “UTC” is an abbreviation for Coordinated Universal Time.
- To save money on long-distance calls, consider purchasing an international calling card. Calling cards may be obtained at the majority of convenience stores, supermarket stores, and even on the internet. These cards are available in a variety of pricing ranges, but utilizing them might save you money over time.
- Look into how much your phone provider charges for long-distance calls and compare that rate to the cost of a calling card. Inform yourself about international calling plans offered by your phone carrier to see whether you may save money over time.
- 3 For the sake of convenience, communicate by e-mail or instant messaging. When there are time zone variations, it might be difficult to arrange a time to speak on the phone that is convenient for all parties. Consider conversing with each other over the Internet via e-mail, Facebook Messenger, or another messaging service so that you may react to each other whenever it is most convenient for you both.
- VoIP services such as WhatsApp, Skype, and FaceTime are currently prohibited in the United Arab Emirates.
Create a new question
- Is Botim available for hire in Dubai? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Staff Editors at wikiHow provide an answer to a question. How can I make a free phone call to Dubai? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Staff Editors at wikiHow provide an answer to a question. In Dubai, does WhatsApp function properly? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. wikiHow Staff EditorStaff AnswerHelp wikiHow by unlocking this answer that has been researched and written by a wikiHow staff member. The messaging service WhatsApp will operate in Dubai, but the majority of VoIP and internet video calling services are now restricted in the country. Use of a VPN (Virtual Private Network), which may conceal your IP address and assist you in bypassing these limitations, may be able to help you get past this restriction. Question The phone number I’m attempting to contact in Dubai isn’t functioning from India. What do I need to do to ensure that the call is a success? To make a phone call to Dubai from India, you must first prefix the phone number with the following characters: 00 + 971 + 4
- 00 + 971 + 4 Question What is the best way to make a call from India to Dubai? Follow the steps outlined in the preceding article, as appropriate. Question What is the best way to preserve a Dubai number on WhatsApp in India? It is best to save your number in international format. As a result, start with +971 and then the area code without the zero, followed by the local number
- Question What is a good example of a format that I may use for a landline call within Dubai? 00971 04 1234567 is a good example of a standard format. Assuming that the house number you intend to contact is ‘1234567
- Question What is the best way to contact someone who has an Australian cell phone but is now in Dubai? Because they have the same country prefix as an Australian number, you may treat them the same way you would treat an Australian number. There may be additional costs for roaming. Question What is the best way to make a phone call from Somalia to Dubai? Follow the steps outlined in the preceding article, as appropriate. Question How can I make a phone call to India using a landline phone? You must first visit the website of the phone operating system and inquire as to whether you are permitted to contact this nation. However, you will be required to pay either a long-distance cost or a monthly fee.
More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- In the case of calls made from within the United Arab Emirates, there is no need to dial either the exit code or the country code. Add a zero before calling 4 (Dubai’s area code), and then continue with the 7-digit telephone number
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo make a phone call to Dubai, you must first dial the exit code of the nation from which you are phoning. This code, if you don’t already have it, may be found by searching the internet for it. After you have dialed the exit code, dial 971 to reach Dubai, which is situated in the United Arab Emirates, which is the country code for the nation. Dial the number 4 after the UAE country code before punching in the 7-digit landline number if you’re calling from a landline in the UAE.
Continue reading for helpful hints on how to make international calls with a calling card.
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 275,230 times.
Is this article up to date?
Abstract: In order to make a call to Dubai from another nation, you must first dial the exit code for that country. This code, if you don’t already have it, may be found by searching the internet. Dial 971 to reach Dubai once you have entered the exit code. 971 is a country code for the United Arab Emirates, which includes Dubai as its capital city. Dial the number 4 after the UAE country code before punching in the 7-digit landline number if you’re calling from a landline phone. A prefix will be inserted in the 9-digit cell phone number if you are phoning a mobile phone.
Were you able to benefit from this overview?
How To Dial a Dubai Local Number from the United States
Contact xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx by calling 011 – 971 – Area Code. As an illustration, dial 011-971-2-555-5555.
How To Dial a Dubai Toll Free Number from United States
How To Dial a Dubai Mobile Number from United States
Dial 011 – 971 – Area Code – xxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information About the Dubai
The length of telephone numbers is set at seven digits, with area codes ranging from one to three digits in length. Previously, subscriber numbers were 5 or 6 digits in length, with the area code and subscriber number adding up to a total of 7 digits in length.
The International Standard Dialing Code (or Country Code) for Dubai (UAE) is 971. Area codes– Area codes for major city landlines begin with 02 through 09, while mobile numbers begin with 050, 052, 054, 055, 056 and 058. International Standard Dialing Code (or Country Code) for Dubai (UAE) is 971.
Dubai Emergency Numbers
999 – Call for assistance from the police (emergency) 901 – Police Department (non-emergency) 998 – Emergency Medical Services 997 – There is a fire. 996 – United States Coast Guard How To Call Dubai From The United States»How To Call Dubai From The United States
How to Get a UAE Phone Number
Time: It takes around 1 minute. This article will walk you through the process of obtaining a UAE phone number. Items that are required: Using a computer or a telephone Visit the website globalcallforwarding.com for more information. Choose your nation from the drop-down menu. UAE should be selected as the nation from the “Select Your New Phone Number” selection menu. Choose the number type that you want to use. If you want to acquire a toll free number, a UIFN number, or a number that is exclusive to your locality, there are several options available.
- You can enter your current telephone number to the right of the “Select Number Type” section.
- To see pricing, select “View Rates and Try for Free” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a plan and any additional items that you are considering.
- Make sure to fill out the form completely with your name and other needed information.
- Make a note of whether you wish to activate or deactivate the free trial.
How to call other countries from the U.S.
F A Q | Frequently Asked Questions Make a call to Dubai with the USD. Dial the exit code 011, then the UAE country code 971, followed by the local 8-digit number X-XXX-XXXX, and finally the exit code 011. Call the number 011-971-2-555-5555. Dialing a Dubai Toll Free Number from the United States: What to Do? Dial the exit code 011, then the country code 971 for the United Arab Emirates, followed by the local 7-digit number XXX-XXXX. Call the number 011-971-800-555-5555. Dial the exit code 011, then the country code 971 for the United Arab Emirates, followed by the local 9-digit number XX-XXX-XXXX.
How to Call United Arab Emirates From United States
The dialing technique for calling the United Arab Emirates from the United States is detailed below. You will discover instructions on how to make an international call from the United States to a fixed line or mobile phone in the United Arab Emirates.
Calling United Arab Emirates From United States – Direct Dialing Numbers
Make a direct call to the United Arab Emirates from anywhere in the United States by using the international dialing format provided below. The dialing format is the same whether you are calling a mobile or a landline in the United Arab Emirates from the United States.
To call United Arab Emirates from United States, dial:011 – 971 – Area Code – Land Phone Number011 – 971 – 9 Digit Mobile Number
When dialing a phone number in the United Arab Emirates from the United States, use the dialing format indicated above.
- 011- This is the exit code for the United States, and it is required for each international call made from the United States. 971 is the International Standard Dialing Code (ISD) or the country code of the United Arab Emirates. There are seven different area codes in the United Arab Emirates. After entering the ISD Code, if there is an area code for the city in the United Arab Emirates you are calling, dial the area code for the city in the United Arab Emirates you are contacting. It is necessary to dial the Recipient’s Telephone Number after the ISD Code if there is no area code.
How to call a mobile number in United Arab Emirates from United States:
The following is an example of how to make an international call from the United States to a mobile phone number in the United Arab Emirates:011 + 971 + 5?
United Arab Emirates ISD Code
An international call to a mobile phone number in United Arab Emirates from the United States is made using the numbers 011 + 971 + 5?, which are listed below.
United Arab Emirates Area Codes
In the United Arab Emirates, there are seven different area codes. If you want to make an international call from the United States to the United Arab Emirates, you’ll need to know the area codes for the country. When calling Abu Dhabi from another country, ignore the number in the brackets. 011-971-2-TEL*When calling Abu Dhabi from another country, ignore the number in the brackets. When calling within the United Arab Emirates, just the number included in brackets should be dialed, together with the appropriate area code.
|City / Region||Area Code|
|Ras Al Khaimah||(0)7|
When to call United Arab Emirates from United States
Understand the time difference between the United Arab Emirates and the United States in order to arrange calls and prevent making erroneous calls. Time in the United States is currently: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 8:33 a.m. -07:00 p.m. In the United Arab Emirates, the time is currently: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 07:33 p.m. (+04:00) The United States is 11 hours behind the United Arab Emirates in terms of time.
country code, area codes, phone books
011 – 971 is the telephone number. *Can also be used to TEXT numbers in the United Arab Emirates. * Cell phone numbers 011971 and +971 are frequently used interchangeably.
The time inthe United Arab Emirates is now07:33:39pm
- 011 is the international access code, which should be dialed first when calling from the United States or Canada. The country code for the United Arab Emirates is 971. The phone number (remove the first 0) is:
- Fixed phones have 8 digits, with the area code added
- Mobile phones have 9 digits.
- An example of a call from the United States to a landline in Dubai: 011 971 4?
How to dial to UAE cellular:
- The following is the dialing syntax for calls to a cell phone: 011 9715?
|Abu Dhabi||2||Fujairah||9||Ras Al Khaimah||7|
|Dubai||4||Madinat Zayed||2||Umm-Al Quwain||6|
Calls to and from Dubai operate in a similar manner as calls to and from any other nation. All that is required is that you keep in mind the necessary prefixes before the local number as well as any potential time discrepancies. To make a phone call to Dubai from another country, you must first enter the international country code for the United Arab Emirates, which is + 971; then you must dial the area code followed by the local number to reach Dubai. Local telephone numbers are made up of seven digits.
- The area code for Dubai is 04, and it is located in the Middle East.
- Ajman is the sixth city on the list.
- 07 – Ras al-Khaimah 06 – Umm al-Quwain 07 – Al Ain Fujairah is the ninth city on the list.
- For example, if you want to contact Dubai from abroad, you would dial +971 + 4 + the local number.
- When dialing a number in another country from Dubai, start with 00, followed by the country code, city code, then the local number.
- Consult the Yellow Pages if you need to discover a local phone number.
Mobile phone prefixes
Mobile phones in the United Arab Emirates have their own prefixes. These are the numbers 050, 055, and 056 at the moment. When dialing a mobile number from another country, the zero at the beginning of the prefix should be skipped. If you are calling a mobile number from within the UAE, you should keep the 0 in the phone number. ByI’ve Just Arrived
- A brief overview of the Dubai Telecommunications market
- The telephone: How to set up a fixed phone connection. Mobile phones: service providers and tariff schemes
- Saving money on international calls: How to save money on international calls from Dubai What is the best way to gain internet access in Dubai?
Does this article help?
Do you have any thoughts, updates, or questions on this subject?
Please share them with us. Inquire with them here:
Use your credit card to make unlimited calls from the United States, Mexico, or Canada to landlines in more than 70 countries and destinations, as well as mobile lines in more than 30 countries and destinations. Service in a qualifying capacity is essential. Coverage is not depicted in the image.
Where are you calling?
Use your credit card to make unlimited calls from the United States, Mexico, or Canada to landlines in more than 70 countries and destinations, as well as mobile lines in more than 30 countries and destinations. Legal copy provided by the FPO T-Mobile ONETM and Simple ChoiceTM both provide this feature. Plans for North America Add a line for $15 per month. From a mobile phone to a landline $ / minute UnlimitedMobile to Mobile$ /minUnlimitedText (SMS)$ /minUnlimitedFacebook to Facebook$ /min There is no unlimited texting available.
UnlimitedTexting is not available.
|Mobile to Landline||Mobile to Mobile||Text (SMS)|
|}Included in T-Mobile ONE TMand Simple Choice North America plansAdd for $15/mo per lineNo need to pay extra for service to Canada! Unlimited calling to and from Canada is now included.Current customers login toMy T-Mobile Login – Pay Bills OnlineManage YourT-MobileAccount New customer?Shop plansNo need to pay extra for service to Mexico! Unlimited calling to and from Mexico is now included.Current customers login toMy T-Mobile Login – Pay Bills OnlineManage YourT-MobileAccount New customer?Shop plans||$ }/min}Unlimited||$ }/min}Unlimited||$ }/min}UnlimitedTexting is not available|
|}||$ }/min}Unlimited||$ }/min}Unlimited||$ }/min}UnlimitedTexting is not available|
Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Uruguay, and Venezuela are among the countries represented. For postpaid plans only, your service includes unlimited calling to and from Mexico and Canada as part of the package. Calls from Mexico or Canada to these countries are charged on a per-minute basis for prepaid plans. Text messages sent from the United States to overseas locations, except Canada and Mexico, are charged at a per-message cost of $0.10/SMS for T-Mobileprepaid plans.
Add Stateside International Talk for $15/month.
Call landlines in more than 70 countries, as well as mobile lines in more than 30 destinations. Service in a qualifying capacity is essential.
Check out travel benefits.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) issued the country calling code +971 to the United Arab Emirates, which may be seen below. Every telephone number in the nation is assigned by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of the United Arab Emirates Government, which is also the country’s government. For example, if you want to contact the United Arab Emirates, the phone number should begin with:
Rates may be viewed here.
A prefix is merely a group of digits that appear before the country and area codes of a telephone number in the United States. The telephone numbers in the United Arab Emirates are made up of 11 numbers that are divided into groups of three. If you want to contact the United Arab Emirates from a mobile phone, you need dial the country code + the area code + the seven-digit number. In the United Arab Emirates, the most prevalent area codes are Abu Dhabi (02), Dubai (04), and Al Ain (01). (03).
|Location||Country Code||Landline Area Code||Landline Number|
|Abu Dhabi||+971||(2)||123 4567|
|Al Ain||+971||(3)||123 4567|
So if you’re making a call toAbu Dhabi,dial +971 2 123 4567.
The United Arab Emirates has extensive network coverage, which is widely available across the country. 4G LTE service is widely accessible throughout the country, however the quality varies greatly depending on the cell provider. As a global service provider with over 50 locations, you can rely on us to keep your business running even while you’re away from home. We understand how tough it may be to be away from home and family for an extended period of time.
We can only desire to be able to communicate with them at all hours of the day and night. However, we are well aware that the more time we spend making calls and sending texts from abroad, the higher the costs might get. More information may be found here.
Top Mobile SIM network in the United Arab Emirates
In the United Arab Emirates, there are several mobile SIM networks to choose from:
Top apps used to communicate
Here are the most popular communication applications in the United Arab Emirates, as ranked by number of downloads: WhatsAppTelegram
Emergency phone numbers
Listed below are the four most crucial emergency numbers to keep in mind while traveling to the United Arab Emirates: 998 in order to obtain ambulance service 999 is the number to dial in an emergency situation.
Best Time to Call the United Arab Emirates
When it comes to timekeeping, the United Arab Emirates uses Gulf Standard Time with a time offset of UTC+04. You may make calls to the United Arab Emirates from any location in Australia if you are in one of the following time zones:
Time to Call
|United Arab Emirates||2:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+10:00||Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)||Queensland|
|12:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+08:00||Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)||Western Australia|
|1:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+09:30||Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)||South Australia, Northern Territory and town of Broken Hill in Western New South Wales|
|3:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+11:00||Norfolk Island Standard Time (NFT)||Norfolk Island|
|11:00am – 11:00pm||UTC+07:00||Christmas Island Standard Time (CXT)||Christmas Island|
|10:00am – 9:30pm||UTC+06:30||Cocos (Keeling) Islands Standard Time (CCT)||Cocos (Keeling) Islands|
Daylight Savings Time (first Sunday in October – first Sunday in April)
|United Arab Emirates||3:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+11:00||Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)||New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Victoria, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory|
|2:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+10:00||Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)||Queensland|
|12:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+08:00||Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)||Western Australia|
|2:30pm – 12:00am||UTC+10:30||Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT)||South Australia, Northern Territory and town of Broken Hill in Western New South Wales|
|1:30pm – 12:00am||UTC+09:30||Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)||Northern Territory|
|4:00pm – 12:00am||UTC+12:00||Norfolk Island Daylight Time (NDT)||Norfolk Island|
|11:00am – 11:00pm||UTC+07:00||Christmas Island Standard Time (CXT)||Christmas Island|
|10:00am – 10:30pm||UTC+06:30||Cocos (Keeling) Islands Standard Time (CCT)||Cocos (Keeling) Islands|
Unlimited International Calls to up to 60 Countries
With a range of limitless options available, staying in touch with relatives throughout the world is simple with Lebara Mobile. Purchase an Extra Small Plan for just $14.90, or upgrade your data to an Extra Extra Large Plan for only $69.90 to maximize your savings. Join Lebara to take advantage of affordable unlimited calling plans. Rates for International Phone Calls
How to Make International Calls with a Free App in UAE
People in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Dubai may easily be reached by utilizing the free calling software Pinngle Messenger, which is available on both iOS and Android devices.
How to make free international calls in Dubai
- Install the Pinngle Messenger app on your Android or iOS device. Create an account and verify your phone number
- Take advantage of high-quality audio and video chats with your connections
The History Behind Pinngle Messenger
Pinngle is a free calling software that works in all countries and languages. The purpose of Pinngle Messenger was motivated by an issue that exists in modern-day telecommunications. Because most messengers either sell or keep user information, have poor call quality, or simply don’t operate in regions with limited or restricted internet access, this presents a dilemma for businesses. Upon recognizing the need for such an app, a telecoms specialist with more than ten years of industry expertise decided to develop one that would function everywhere.
Pinngle is now used by millions of people all across the world, from the United States to India, and from Canada to the United Arab Emirates.
Telecommunications and expats in Dubai and the UAE
The United Arab Emirates is home to more than 200 nationalities and is one of the world’s most densely inhabited countries by migrants. The vast majority of immigrants in the United Arab Emirates are economic migrants, who account for about 90 percent of the population. In recent research by World Population Review, the expected population of the United Arab Emirates in 2019 is 9.68 million people. And just 10% of the population are native Emiratis. The majority of expats in the United Arab Emirates live in either Dubai, the country’s most populated city, or Abu Dhabi, the country’s capital.
Media and internet censorship in Dubai
Despite the fact that the United Arab Emirates is perceived to be more liberal than its neighbouring nations, the government nonetheless adheres to parts of strict Islamic sharia law in several areas. The state routinely denies access to any political, social, or religious information that is in conflict with the United Arab Emirates’ federal legislation or political viewpoints, among other things. In other cases, such as in the case of adult websites that include pornographic material and gambling websites, websites are restricted for religious and cultural reasons.
Censorship in the United Arab Emirates has a significant influence on the applications that are available to residents.
WhatsApp, Skype, Facetime, and Viber are among the applications that have been restricted, but they are not the only ones.
It essentially permits the UAE’s major telecommunications firms to maintain a monopoly on their calling services as a result of the blockage. Residents of the UAE who need to communicate with colleagues and loved ones in other countries, on the other hand, face significant difficulties.
Why are calling apps banned in the UAE?
Many immigrants and professionals have benefited from the introduction of VoIP phone services, which allow them to make free international voice conversations over the internet. However, in countries such as the United Arab Emirates, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) continually prohibits calling applications or makes it impossible for them to function effectively. The economic concerns of the UAE’s state-owned telecommunications providers have prompted this interference with the use of VoIP applications.
Furthermore, because Dubai is home to such a high number of expatriates and immigrants, these telecommunications providers derive a considerable portion of their revenue from overseas calls.
How do people use calling apps in the UAE?
Despite the fact that the vast majority of popular calling applications are restricted in the United Arab Emirates and Dubai, many individuals are nevertheless able to use them with the assistance of third-party software. These tools are either virtual private networks (VPNs) or proxy servers, with the usage of a VPN being the most popular choice. A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a technology that may be used to change the virtual location of a device on the network. Using a virtual private network (VPN), you may trick the internet network into believing that you are accessing the internet from a different country, whether you are using a phone or a computer.
You can easily understand how handy this is for inhabitants of the United Arab Emirates, who frequently utilize a virtual private network (VPN) to regain access to websites and calling applications that are otherwise restricted.
Why VPNs are NOT safe to use
Many individuals feel that using a virtual private network (VPN) is secure, but in actuality, it can create a great deal of trouble in the United Arab Emirates. Unfortunately, the majority of UAE citizens are not aware of the dangers associated with utilizing a virtual private network (VPN), particularly those that are offered for free download. The vast majority of free VPN companies are capable of tracking your online activity as well as your real-world IP address. Furthermore, many of them deceive users into believing that their data is secure by saying that it is secured by a powerful encryption technology.
These virtual private network (VPN) services give no protection at all.
The legal ramifications of utilizing a VPN in the United Arab Emirates might be serious. Upon being apprehended, an individual may be sentenced to prison time and penalties ranging from 500,000 to 2,000,000 UAE dirham (up to $545,000 USD) depending on the circumstances.
Which VoIP calling apps are blocked in the UAE?
- WhatsApp, Viber, Tango, Facebook Messenger, IMO, Line, Kik Messenger, Telegram, and Facetime are all options.
The only free calling app that works in UAE
In contrast to other calling applications that can work with the assistance of third parties, Pinngle Messenger is the only messenger that is fully functional in the United Arab Emirates. This eliminates the need to set up a virtual private network (VPN) or proxy server in order to utilize it. Furthermore, because Pinngle has not been prohibited, you will not be subjected to any legal ramifications as a result of using the program. Pinngle is a safe and private messenger that is simple to acquire for all UAE citizens.
It is also available to neighboring nations in the Gulf Cooperation Council area, as well as the rest of the world.
Pinngle’s Values and Features
When it comes to their business, Pinngle Messenger is guided by these five values, which guide both their day-to-day operations and their product features.
1. People come first
- End-to-end data encryption is used to safeguard user information. User data is never sold to or shared with third parties
- It is kept strictly confidential. Because of the serverless design, no user data is ever kept.
2. A borderless world is a better world
- Built to be adaptable and function everywhere
- Designed to run on the slowest internet connections, such as 2G networks and shoddy Wi-Fi
- Because of the anti-block technology, the app cannot be stopped or filtered by government authorities. Virtual numbers that are reasonably priced and allow you to obtain the local landline number of another nation
- In the example above, if you are operating a business out of the UAE and have multiple clients in Canada, you may obtain a virtual Canadian phone number so that your clients can reach you with relative ease.
3. Communication is essential
- High-definition video conversations and high-quality voice calls
- Features that allow you to contact any phone or landline number, even if you don’t have an internet connection
- Share files of any size, up to and including terabytes. Supports group conversations with a maximum of 50,000 participants
4. Be fearless and authentic
- When you have privacy and security, you have the freedom to express yourself without inhibition. Public channels allowing content providers to share various forms of material with the general public
5. Do more with less
- Phones are small and light in weight. It can save you up to 40% on your battery life. Data consumption is kept to a bare minimum.
Pinngle: More than a Messenger
Pinngle Messenger was designed with the conviction that everyone should be able to communicate freely and securely, and that no third party should be able to interfere with that conversation at any time. You may now make free and inexpensive calls to the United Arab Emirates using Pinngle Messenger. Join the many other UAE citizens who are using Pinngle to communicate with their friends and family by downloading the app now.
List of video calling apps that work in the UAE
Have you ever found yourself in a scenario where you desperately wanted to see a loved one or family member but were unable to do so due to the lockdown and pandemic outbreak? I’ve been there, and believe me when I say it’s not a pleasant experience. Because of the epidemic and lockdown, we must keep in touch with relatives and friends who live in other parts of the country. Due to the fact that we have additional time and not much else to do, we have no reason to complain. Free video and voice calling applications have never been popular in the United Arab Emirates.
View many video and audio calling programs developed by a video production firm that you may use to remain in touch with family and friends while you are in the United Arab Emirates.
We are a full-service digital agency that specializes in web design, mobile app development, and website design.
Video calling apps that work in the UAE
Prior to this, Zoom video calling was not permitted within the nation. However, as a result of the current financial crisis, it is now available. While Zoom is mostly used as a conference or classroom tool, it may also be used to communicate with family and friends around the world via video and audio calls. It may also be used for a variety of other purposes, including as meetings, online courses, and conferences.
This video/voice calling application is now available to all Du customers in the region with no additional charge. Alternatively, you may download the Du Voico UAE app for your phone or PC (available for apple and android users). Following a statement from Du highlighting the importance of staying in contact with loved ones, the company has decided to make video calling available to all of its customers at no additional cost.
Voico UAE features video/audio calling, messaging, group capabilities, and a translator. It is available in Arabic and English. There are also additional home-related deals available as part of Du’s “It’s Good to Be Home” promotion, which includes a variety of other products.
Even before the Coronavirus was revealed, a large number of individuals used Botim to make long-distance calls. In order to purchase Botim, you may pick from one of two simple packages that are available. AED 50 per month is charged if you merely wish to utilize Botim on your 3G/4G cellular connection. In contrast, if you wish to use it on your home wifi network as well, the monthly charge increases to AED 100 per month. The visual and audio quality of Botim calling is great, making it an excellent choice for talking with loved ones, especially in times of distress.
4. Google Hangouts
Another video and audio conferencing solution is available through this provider. In the United Arab Emirates, this was originally considered illegal, but it is now permissible. The VoIP program is completely free and provides excellent audio and video quality. As well as for classes and meetings, the app may be used to keep in touch with family and friends who live in different countries.
5. Microsoft Teams
This is an online video conferencing solution that is primarily intended for use in professional settings and international meetings. This is a clear video calling application that is now available for free and is available to all users at this time. A large number of new features have been implemented. When you wish to speak, you may now do so by raising your hand, and there is now a bookings app available, among other features. This is an excellent resource for use in classes and business meetings.
Whatsapp calling has been prohibited in the United Arab Emirates for quite some time. However, Whatsapp calling appears to be functional for phones that are connected to the same wifi network. As a result, you will be able to call your family and friends back home from the comfort of your own home. It is not the best method of keeping in touch with extended family members, but it may be advantageous in some cases. This is especially true if you live in a house with stairs!
This VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application is extensively used all over the world, including the United States. Skype for personal accounts, on the other hand, continues to be forbidden in the UAE. Skype is a free service that may be used for meetings and conferences by corporate accounts. Previously, this service was only available to certain firms, but it is now available to all businesses. Because you’ve just watched such an incredible video, you can be confident that we take website development to the next level — not only do we specialize in professionally designed, easy-to-navigate websites, but we also include the elements that are most important in today’s online world — a site that gets noticed!
In Dubai, you can put your trust in us when it comes to search engine optimization, web design, and mobile app development.
How to Make an International Call (and How Much it Costs)
For those calling from the United States, certain nations in North America and the Caribbean enable you to dial international numbers in the same manner you would dial domestic numbers — that is, by beginning the call with a +1 dialling prefix for international numbers. This type of 10-digit North American calling is available from Verizon for the Bahamas, Barbados, and many more destinations.
International calling checklist.
Although there are some exclusions and cost concerns to be aware of before making any international call, the following are the most important:
- Landline vs. cell phone: Which is better? When dialing a mobile phone number, the per-minute pricing and some dialing instructions may differ depending on whether you’re calling a mobile or a landline number
- Check the costs in advance: Enter the country name in the calling instructions box to receive detailed long-distance dialing instructions for that country, as well as per-minute prices. Have a contingency plan in place: It is possible to use Wi-Fi calling when mobile phone coverage is not available, which allows you to make international calls through a wireless network when no cell phone service is available. The same rates are in effect
Other international communication options.
In some cases, using messaging applications like as Skype, iMessage, and WhatsApp to connect with people may be more convenient than using other methods of communication. Do you want to be able to send a short text message? Depending on your Verizon plan, you may be able to text overseas without incurring additional charges. For example, both the Verizon Unlimited plan and the Verizon Shared Data plan provide unlimited international messaging, which makes it easy to converse without having to worry about calculating different time zones.
Review the international calling plan specifics.
Do you understand what you require from an international business strategy? Consider the following scenarios:
- Are you in regular communication with individuals on a global scale (that is, outside of Mexico or Canada)? If you want to keep rates down, choose a Verizon international plan. The Unlimited TogetherSM – Worldplan is available for as little as $15 per month and provides unlimited calling to landline phones in more than 70 countries as well as mobile phones in over 40 countries. Additionally, users who join up may take advantage of cheap calling rates to more than 160 countries across the world (a significant advantage if you don’t always know where you’ll need to call)
- And Do you need to communicate with people in Mexico or Canada on a regular basis? Consider adding Unlimited TogetherSM – North America, which lets you to call Mexico or Canada for only $5 per month and allows you to make unlimited international calls. When you add the North America plan to your existing coverage, you’ll be able to utilize the same unlimited minutes to make calls to and from locations outside of the United States. Text N America to 4004 or go here to subscribe to Unlimited TogetherSM – North America. Unlimited TogetherSM – World may be added by texting the word World to 4004 or by clicking here. Do you only make the odd international phone call? – The ability to dial directly is available, however you may be charged a per-minute price in addition to your current plan if you do so
Find out more about international phone calls. It’s now easier than ever to prevent surprise international calling charges when you use Verizon. Instead of going home, why not go abroad? If you are traveling outside of the United States, consult theseFAQs on international dialing. This article is being supplied only for informational reasons. All of the information included within this document is subject to change without notice. Verizon is not liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use or reliance on the above content or any other content on this site.
Country Dialing Code For United Arab Emirates
If you’re planning to make a phone call to the United Arab Emirates but aren’t sure what the national dialing code for the country is, or if you want to know the local telephone area codes for the cities in the United Arab Emirates, read on. You may find out more about how to contact a phone number in the United Arab Emirates by clicking on one of the links provided on this page.
- The country dialing code for the United Arab Emirates is 971
- The international call prefix to use when calling from the United Arab Emirates is 00
- The trunk prefix for local phone numbers in the United Arab Emirates is 0
- And the area code to use when calling from the United Arab Emirates is 00.
- To call a phone number in the United Arab Emirates, simply provide the following information:
- 1. Dial the international access code for your country (from North America, you’ll need to enter 011
- From the United Kingdom and other European nations, you’ll need to dial 00)
- 2. Enter your personal information. Alternatively, you may dial 971 to reach the United Arab Emirates. The phone number in United Arab Emirates should be dialed in its whole, with no prefix or suffix
When calling a Landline Phone Number in the United Arab Emirates from another country, the dialing format should be as follows: Landline Phone Number with International Access Code 971 – Area Code – International Access Code When calling a Mobile Phone Number in the United Arab Emirates from another country, the dialing format should be as follows: 971 is the International Access Code for a mobile phone number.
Using the following steps, you can make a phone call to a phone number in the United Arab Emirates from Australia:1.
To call a telephone number in the United Arab Emirates from Canada, simply enter the following information: The International Access Code for Canada is 0112.
The country code for the United Arab Emirates is 9713. The phone number in the United Arab Emirates should be dialed without the digit zero at the beginning of it. 1. Dial the International Access Code for Canada: 0112.