You can purchase from ticket offices located in all Dubai Metro stations and some Dubai Bus stations. Dubai’s Nol Silver Cards and Nol Red Tickets can be purchased from some Ticket Vending Machines. You can also purchase Nol Silver Cards in Dubai from RTA Customer Service Centres and RTA authorised sales agents.
- If you want to get a ticket for the Dubai Metro then you can buy Nol cards at all of the metro stations. You can also buy Nol cards at any other public transport stations and customer service centres. You cannot pay by cash or credit card to travel on the Dubai Metro, you need to buy a Nol card.
How can I get Nol card in Dubai?
There are many convenient ways to get your nol card. You can purchase your card at ticket offices, ticket vending machines, RTA customer happiness centers, authorized sales agents, or online.
How much does a Nol card cost?
nol Gold Card Enjoy the ease of getting this card immediately from any ticket office for only AED 25 (includes AED 19 e-purse value).
How do I get an RTA card in Dubai?
Channel 1: Website
- Visit www.rta.ae and register yourself.
- Go to Licensing Services.
- Go to Licensing and select My Vehicle.
- Select your Vehicle and select more actions.
- Select Registration Card Replacement.
- Choose the most convenient way to get the permanent card delivered to you.
- Pay any fines and/or transaction fees.
How much is a 30 day Metro pass Dubai?
30 day – 350 AED. 90 day – 830 AED. 365 day – 2,670 AED.
How much is a 30 day Metro pass?
Cost: $33 (7-day) or $127 (30-day). You have unlimited swipes on the subway and local buses for either 7 or 30 days. Your MetroCard can only hold one Unlimited Ride refill at a time.
How do I buy a metro card?
You can buy MetroCards by using a MetroCard ticket machine, which are in most subway stations. MetroCards are also available at selected local merchants, at our mobile service vehicles, and through employers with pre-tax transit benefits programs.
Can I pay cash in Dubai bus?
Bus drivers do not accept cash. Yup, Dubai city bus drivers no longer accepts payment and/or dispense tickets. Passengers need to use a NOL card which can be bought at places mentioned by Melysa above.
How does Dubai Metro work?
The Dubai Metro is a fully automated, driverless metro network. It runs partly underground and partly via elevated viaducts. So far, two lines have been constructed. The Red Line runs parallel through Sheikh Zayed Road for majority of its run.
What are the 7 zones in Dubai?
Dubai Metro stations
- Deira Area. • Abu Hail (Zone 5)
- Bur Dubai Area. • Al Ghubaiba (Zone 6)
- Deira Area. • Deira City Centre (Zone 5)
- Bur Dubai Area. • BurJuman (Zone 6) (Red Line connection)
- DIFC Area. • Financial Centre (Zone 6)
- Downtown Dubai Area. • Burj Khalifa / Dubai Mall (Zone 6)
- Business Bay Area.
Which Nol card is best?
The Red Nol Card is best for occasional travellers. Unlike other Nol Cards, the Red Nol Card is a paper-based ticket. The cost of this card is 2 AED, and you can load the exact amount for the trip. The Red Nol Card is available at any ticket vending machine.
What is Red Nol card?
The Red Nol card is ideal for visitors and tourists visiting the city and staying for more than 3 days. The card is valid for metro, buses and trams. Other modes of RTA transport such as ferries, abras and taxis cannot be paid for with the Red card.
How do I get NOL points?
You can now earn points by using your Nol Card while traveling on any RTA public transport service in Dubai, including bus, metro, tram, taxi, and water taxi and spending on parking meters. All you have to do is get yourself registered by logging on to www.nolplus.ae.
Can I buy a Nol card at Dubai airport?
The Nol Red Ticket is a paper-based ticket that can be purchased from any ticket vending machine at any time for only AED 2.
Nol Cards are offered in a variety of designs to satisfy the demands of every customer. Find the perfect card for your needs.
Benefits of Nol cards
The RTA is launching the Nol Card as a new mode of transportation in Dubai, with the goal of improving public convenience. Cash will not be accepted as payment for the usage of the Metro, buses, or Water Buses systems.
- Can be used in any of the transportation and non-transportation services mentioned above
- Advantage of being able to ride in the MetroTram Gold class cabin for twice the standard ticket
- Any transportation service, including non-transportation services, can be utilized. Access to the MetroTram Gold class cabin for a cost that is double that of the usual ticket
AED 25 (including balance) is required. AED 19 (fifteen dollars)
Maximum balance amount
1000 AED for an anonymous donor AED 5000 is the amount that has been registered.
- The standard card
- It may be used in all of the previously mentioned transportation and non-transportation businesses.
- Using the normal card, you may use it for all of the services mentioned above, including transportation and nontransportation.
AED 25 (inclusive of balance) AED 19 (fifteen dollars)
Maximum balance amount
1000 AED for an anonymous donor AED 5000 is the amount that has been registered.
Tariffs for security and concessions
- In the event that your card is lost or stolen, you can recover your balance. A need for concessionary fares. Online credit reloading services that are safe and secure
- If your card is lost or stolen, you can receive your balance back. A need for concessionary fares Credit top-up services are available online in a safe environment.
Credit of AED 70 AED 20 (twenty dollars)
Maximum balance amount
In order to submit an application, the following documents are required:
Tariffs for security and concessions
- Only one method of transportation can be used at a time on a paper ticket.
- Only one method of transportation is allowed at a time on a paper ticket.
Maximum balance amount
Use of a rechargeable battery for a total of 10 travels or 5 day passes is permitted.
90 days or ten journeys
Dubai Metro Fares And Ticket Prices 2020 – Nol Cards, Passes
The Dubai Metro, Dubai Tram, bus, and water bus are some of the modes of public transportation available in Dubai. Various types of transportation can be used to complete journeys, with credits added to a contactless card being used to pay for them (Nol Card). The transportation system in Dubai is separated into seven zones. The cost of a voyage is determined by the number of zones that are traversed throughout the route. When compared to similar systems in other large cities, the ticket rates are reasonable.
Students, elderly, and other concessionary rates are only available to those who live in the city.
There are several different sorts of cards available to satisfy the demands of different passengers.
- A set of red tickets, which can be filled with up to ten trips or five day passes, is ideal for visitors and occasional users. Silver NOL Cards — These cards are suitable for both residents and visitors. Suitable for residents and visitors who prefer to ride in Gold Class (first class carriages), these NOL cards are available in gold. NOL Cards in Blue – Personalized card with a photograph (for residents only). Concessionary rates are provided for students, elderly, and those with disabilities.
Passengers traveling on the Dubai Metro, buses, or water buses will not be able to pay with cash. Carriages of the Gold Class are reserved for people who prefer to ride first class. Every Dubai Metro train features one Gold Class carriage, which is reserved for VIP passengers. They have seats that are larger and more comfy, as well as additional legroom. The Gold Class cars are often less congested than the Standard Class coaches on the same train.
|Silver Card||Gold Card||Blue (Personal) Card – Standard Class||Blue (Personal) Card – Gold Class||Red Ticket|
|Typical Users||Standard Class travellers||Gold Glass travellers||Frequent travellers wishing to travel in Standard Class carriages||Frequent travellers wishing to travel in Gold Class carriages||Tourists and visitors|
|Validity||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years||90 days|
|Card Price||AED 25 (includes AED 19 trip credit)||AED 25 (includes AED 19 trip credit)||AED 70 (includes AED 20 trip credit)||AED 80 (includes AED 20 trip credit)||AED 2|
|Rechargeable||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Up to 10 trips or 5 daily passes|
|Documents Required||None||None||Identity Card issued by Emirates Identity Authority + photo||Identity Card issued by Emirates Identity Authority + photo||None|
|Where To Buy||Ticket offices, some ticket vending machines||Ticket offices||Ticket offices, online application||Ticket offices, online application||Ticket offices, ticket vending machines|
|Where to Top-Up||Ticket offices, ticket vending machines, authorised sales agents, RTA Customer Service Centres||Ticket offices, ticket vending machines, authorised sales agents, RTA Customer Service Centres||Ticket offices, ticket vending machines, authorised sales agents, RTA Customer Service Centres||Ticket offices, ticket vending machines, authorised sales agents, RTA Customer Service Centres||Ticket vending machines|
|Minimum balance (AED) to start a journey (does not apply if pass has been added to card)||7.5||7.5||7.50 (3.75 for concessions)||7.50 (3.75 for concessions)||1 trip or 1 daily pass|
Nol Cards can be used on a variety of modes of transportation (Metro, buses, water buses). As long as the transfer periods between different modes are adhered to, passengers will only be charged once, depending on the duration of their travel (30 minutes maximum permitted).
The fare is charged at the conclusion of the voyage and is determined by the number of zones that have been traversed. When the card is touched on one of the card readers positioned at the exits of Dubai Metro and Dubai Tram stations, buses, or water buses, the fare is taken from the account. Ticket prices increased in November 2014 to coincide with the launch of the Dubai Tram, which was completed in December 2014.
|Silver Card Standard Class (AED)||Gold Card Gold Class (AED)||Blue Card Standard Class (AED)||Blue Card Gold Class (AED)||Red Ticket Standard Class (AED)||Red Ticket – Gold Class (AED)|
|T1 (Tier 1) – Single trip starts and ends in same zone||3||6||3||6||4||8|
|T2 (Tier 2) – Single trip starts in one zone and ends in adjacent zone||5||10||5||10||6||12|
|T3 (Tier 3) – Single trip through more than two zones||7.5||15||7.5||15||8.5||17|
- A single journey that begins and finishes in the same zone is referred to as a Tier 1 excursion. Single journey that begins in one zone and concludes in a neighboring zone is referred to as T2 – Tier 2. T3 – Tier 3 – A single trip that passes through more than two zones is considered Tier 3.
The most recent AED exchange rates are as follows:
- AED =0.24 euros
- AED =0.24 British pounds
- AED =0.27 US dollars
- AED =0.24 Euros
- 1 AED =0.24 British pounds
The last time the exchange rates were updated was on. You can get the current exchange rates for other currencies by clicking here. The Blue Nol Card, which provides a 50 percent discount to local students and older persons, is available for purchase. Blue Nol Cards are exclusively accessible to nationals and residents of the United Arab Emirates (application procedure and ID required). All children under the age of five travel for free (regardless of nationality and residence). A map of the zones, as well as a list of all Dubai Metro and Dubai Tram stations, may be obtained by clicking here.
The app displays the cost of the travel as well as the duration of the journey.
Passes are available, and they can be added to or charged to Nol Cards as necessary. They provide unlimited travel on the Metro, buses, and Dubai Tram, among other modes of transportation. Holders of red tickets can upgrade to a normal 1 day pass for 20 AED (£ 4.01, € 4.78, $ 5.45) by paying an additional 20 AED. A one-day pass for travel in Gold Class carriages costs 40 AED (£ 8.02, € 9.56, $ 10.89) and is valid for travel until midnight. The 1 day ticket permits the holder to travel within all zones using any mode of transportation.
Silver Card holders can purchase a 7-day all-zone pass for 110 AED (£ 22.06, € 26.29, $ 29.95) in addition to their Silver Card.
The following are the prices for all zone passes:
- 7-day rate is 110 AED
- 30-day rate is 350 AED
- 90-day rate is 830 AED
- 365-day rate is 2,670 AED.
Blue card passes are available at a 50 percent discount to resident students, pensioners, and people with disabilities. Reduced-priced passes that enable you to travel in only one or two zones are also available.
Nol Cards – Other Uses – Taxis, Parking, Shopping etc
Nol Cards were launched to make it easier to pay for public transportation (Dubai Metro, buses etc.). Since its introduction, their popularity has grown. Nol Cards may now be used to pay for a wide range of services and commodities, including the following:
- Shopping – Circle K (convenience store), Carrefour, and LuLu are just a few of the stores that accept Nol Cards. Restaurants – Nol Cards can be used to purchase food and beverages at establishments such as Burger King and Gloria Jean’s Coffees. Parking – The most recent parking meters (which were installed in 2020) allow cars to pay for their parking without having to acquire a printed ticket. Drivers need just enter their license plate number on the parking meter’s touchscreen and pay with a Nol Card (or coins) to leave their vehicle. Public Parks — The minimal charge to enter public parks may now only be paid with a Nol Card, which eliminates the need for cash. Zabeel Park, Al Mamzar Beach Park, Dubai Creek Park, and Mushrif Park are examples of public parks where admission fees are charged.
NOL TICKETS & CARDS
Purchase of a NOL card or a NOL Ticket is required in order to ride on the metro. There are five different alternatives available; find out which one will work best for you on the next page. You may easily purchase or top up a card, as well as add trips to your Red Nol ticket, by visiting a ticket vending machine, ticket office, or RTA-authorized sales agent in your area. Step 4 will show you where they are located in Dubai.
Top-ups for Red Tickets are only accessible at any ticket office machine or vending machine; top-ups are not available in the sales. Each time you travel, simply tap your card against the card reader on the fare gates, and the right fare will be deducted from your account. It’s a piece of cake!
Choose your NOL
Select the NOL card or ticket that best meets your needs.
NOL Silver Card
For those who travel frequently
- The card has an electronic purse, which automatically deducts the right fare
- This card has an e-purse that can be loaded with up to AED 1000 and is good for five years. This card may be used right away and topped up at any ticket vending machine, metro ticket office, or online (for cards that have been registered)
Prices start at 25 AED with a 19 AED credit limit.
Nol Gold Card
Those who want first-class travel should look no further.
- Travel in first class is available to those who choose it.
Prices start at 25 AED with a 19 AED credit limit.
Nol Blue Card
A personal card for regular travelers that is safe and secure.
- In the near future, you will get SMS alerts relating to confirmation of services and/or mandatory instructions. More features, such as a loyalty points program and an auto-reloading function
- Online options for topping up credit, examining complete transaction history, and reporting a lost or stolen card are all safe and secure. The card has an electronic purse, which automatically deducts the right fare
- Card with the user’s photo on it that is personalized. Discounts are available to students, older citizens, and those with disabilities*. Up to AED 5000 in credit may be held on the card, and it is good for 5 years. The card is personalized using the user’s photo
- Profit from the convenience of online registration
- Your order will be delivered within 10 working days.
Purchasing Price: 70 AED|Credit: 20 AED
Nol Red Ticket
In the case of tourists and visitors
- It costs AED2 to purchase a paper ticket, which must be filled with at least one journey and is good for 90 days. Rechargeable for a total of 10 travels or 5 day passes, with a rechargeable battery. The same ticket may be used for the Metro, Tram, and Buses – there is no need to purchase a separate ticket for each mode of transportation. A daily pass entitles the holder to an unlimited number of excursions during a single day. (AED 20 for the pass and AED 2 for the ticket)
- Ideal for those who utilize public transportation either seldom or infrequently
- It does not have an electronic purse account and must be pre-paid with the appropriate journey type, which is determined by the zones to be traversed
Prices start at 6 AED and credit terms start at 42 AED.
Travel in first class with a personal touch
- It is possible that the user will be charged the usual rate if the card is used on other forms of transportation that do not have Gold Class Cabins. Allows you to take advantage of the Gold Class cabins on the Metro and Tram system. Ticket Vending Machines, ticket offices, and other locations accept the card for quick usage and topping up. Up to AED 5000 in credit may be held on the card, and it is good for 5 years. The card has an electronic purse, which automatically deducts the right fare
Prices start at 80 AED with a 20 AED credit limit.
Where to buy and top-up your Nol Card or Ticket
Cards or e-Dirham are also acceptable options.
Located in all of the open Metro Stations as well as seven bus terminals. Airport terminal 1Al Gubaiba Bus StationAl Gubaiba Bus StationAl Gubaiba Bus StationAl Gubaiba Bus StationAl Gubaiba Bus StationAl Gubaiba Bus StationAl Gubaiba Bus Station Bus Station at the Gold Souq Jebel Ali Bus Station is located in Jebel Ali, Dubai. Sabkha Bus Station is located in the city of Sabkha.
Ticket Vending Machines
The Jabel AliIbn BattutaMall of the Emirates is located in Jabel Ali, United Arab Emirates. Emirates Towers is a skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Burjuman DGNakheelNakheel HarbourTower GGICOSharaf DGNakheelNakheel HarbourTower Noor Islamic Bank is an Islamic financial institution. The World Trade Center was built in 1970. UnionAirport Terminal 1 is located at UnionAirport. The Jumeirah Lakes Tower is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Dubai Marina is a waterfront development in Dubai.
Emirates Dubai Internet City and Financial Center is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Business Bay in Rashidiya
RTA Customer service centres
Ibn Battuta Mall of the EmiratesJabel AliIbn Battuta Mall of the UAE Embassies of the United Arab Emirates Burjuman the DGNakheel HarbourTower GGICOSharaf GGICOSharaf GGICOSharaf GGICOSharaf Noor Islamic Bank is a financial institution that specializes in Islamic banking services. Trade Center of the World (WTC) Terminal 1 of Union Airport The Jumeirah Lakes Tower is a luxury hotel located in Dubai. Docking facility in Dubai, United Arab Emirates Aerial view of the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall.
Emirates Located in Dubai’s Internet City/Financial District ADCB In the heart of Deira, you can find the Deira City Center.
Fares and Tickets
Your Metro travel (any single one-way trip) will be classified into one of three levels. Tier 1 begins and ends in the same zone as Tier 2. Tier 3 outperforms two zones. Tier 2 begins in one zone and concludes in another zone that is next to it.
Cost of travel (in AED) for Regular Class Cost of a trip in Gold Class (in AED) Cost of travel (in AED) for Regular Class (AED) Personalized Gold Class fare for the trip Cost of travel (in AED) for Regular Class Cost of a trip in Gold Class (in AED)
How to Get your Nol Card
A Nol Card in Dubai could not be much simpler to obtain, and you will discover that there are several options available to you when it comes to purchasing a Nol Card in Dubai. Below we’ve included the numerous methods for obtaining your Nol Card, along with a more in-depth description of each single Nol Card that is currently available for you to select from. All Dubai Metro stations, as well as select Dubai Bus stations, have Ticket Offices where you may acquire Nol Cards. Click here to locate the location of the nearest ticket office.
To locate the nearest vending machine, please visit this page.
To locate the nearest RTA customer service center, please visit this page.
To locate the nearest sales representative, please visit this page.
Nol Card Types
The Nol Silver Card is the ideal nol beginning card, with an e-purse that can hold up to AED 500 in funds. Enjoy the convenience of receiving the Silver Nol Card instantly from any ticket office for only AED 20 (which includes an AED 14 e-purse value) and the simplicity of using one card on all forms of public transportation in Dubai with one purchase. The following are the primary characteristics of the Silver Nol Card: This feature automatically estimates the cost of your journey and deducts that amount from your electronic purse.
You may get it for a minimal cost and begin using it immediately.
Nol Gold Card
Traveling in luxury and comfort is possible with the Nol Gold Card, which is an anonymous card with the same features as the Silver Card, with the additional benefit of privileged access to the Dubai Metro’s Gold Class seats for a premium fare. The Nol Gold Card is available for purchase at the Nol Travel Center. When used on other means of public transportation in Dubai that do not have Gold Class, such as Dubai Buses, for example, you will not be charged the premium fee associated with it. The following are the primary characteristics of the Gold Nol Card: Access to Gold Class Metro seats in New York City This feature automatically estimates the cost of your journey and deducts that amount from your electronic purse.
You may get it for a minimal cost and begin using it immediately.
Nol Blue Card
With an e-purse that can hold up to AED 500, the Nol Blue Card is a secure customized Nol smart card that can be loaded with funds. The Blue Nol card can be used on any mode of public transportation that is a participant in the Nol Card program. Holders of the Nol Blue card may take use of a secure card balance in the event that their Nol card is lost or stolen, a choice of securepersonalized online services, and SMSemail alerts to keep them up to date on their transactions. AED 70 (about) (includes AED 20 e-purse value) The most important characteristics This feature automatically estimates the cost of your journey and deducts that amount from your electronic purse.
In the event that your card is lost or stolen, you may protect your balance.
Valid for a period of five years In the case of nol blue card holders who are students, senior citizens, or disabled, you can take advantage of reduced tickets for various concession kinds.
Nol Red Ticket
It costs just AED 2 to acquire a Nol Red Ticket, which is printed on paper and can be obtained from any ticket vending machine at any time of day or night. It is also possible to put up to ten single trips onto the Nol Red Ticket. In order to avoid confusion, the red ticket nol card may only be used on one mode of public transportation at a time, such as the Dubai Metro or the Dubai Bus, and not both at the same time. The most important characteristics Ticket prices are quite low. It is available at any time from any ticket vending machine and allows you to pay simply for the specific journey you are taking.
A First Timer’s Guide to Using the Dubai NOL Card
When you live in a city with seven distinct forms of transportation, it may be extremely inconvenient to carry around cash and/or purchase a new card for each one. The NOL Card comes in helpful in these situations. In layman’s words, the NOL card inDubaiis a smart card that allows you to pay for numerous RTA transportation options around the city using a single, integrated payment system. The NOL Card may be used everywhere, including the metro, buses, water buses, and trams. You may even use the same card to pay for paid parking services provided by the RTA across the city!
PS: Did you know that you can purchase a Dubai SIM Card and a NOL Metro Card exclusively via Headout and have them delivered to you as soon as you arrive at Dubai International Airport?!
What is the Dubai NOL Card?
Sama Sama Holiday Homes provided the photograph. The NOL Card is Dubai’s equivalent of the MetroCard, the Oyster Card, and the Hola BCN, as well as the Hola BCN in Barcelona. The NOL Card is a good investment because it is the only card that provides access to virtually all means of public transportation in the city, as well as significant savings and convenience of use. This is especially true for individuals who prefer to take advantage of the city’s extensive public transportation system rather than getting trapped in the dreaded ‘Dubai traffic.’
How Does The NOL Card work?
The NOL Card is a contactless smart card that must be held over the NOL Card reader in order for your travel to be validated. The amount debited from your account will be determined by your entry and exit locations, as well as the number of zones you have traveled through.
Why You Should Buy The NOL Card
When you’re not preoccupied with the details of a location, it’s far more enjoyable to visit. Let NOL Card take care of the transportation hassles for you while you enjoy the sights and sounds of Dubai on your own. Apart from the convenience of being able to get on your favorite means of transportation with the NOL Card, there are a few more advantages to owning one:
Acceptance at Retail Stores
It is possible to make purchases at stores using your NOL Card! So what if you forget to bring your card or cash with you?
You may use your NOL card to make purchases at a number of different retail locations, including ZOOM, Circle K, Gloria Jeans, Burger King, Aswaaq, and many others. By the end of 2019, you will be able to use your NOL Card at more than 5000 retail locations. I suggest, throw away your debit card!
Pay your cab fares
Take heart the next time you’re concerned about having precise change during your cab journey since the NOL Card is coming to save the day. You may just swipe your NOL Card to pay for your cab journeys, allowing you to carry around virtually no cash! However, you should be aware that you will be charged a service fee of Dh 1 in addition to the cab rate.
Entry to Dubai Parks
In the middle of the concrete jungle, green places in Dubai provide for ideal picnic sites. If you want to visit these green destinations in the city, there is a modest cost to pay, but why stress about it when you can just swipe your NOL Card? You may use your card to enter the Mushrif Park, Zabeel Park, Mamzar Park, and even the Creek Park!
Using your NOL card, you may pay for parking costs in any of the paid parking lots located around Dubai. Simply slide your card into the ticket vending machine and you will be able to purchase a parking ticket. Finding fils to pay for your parking has long since become a pipe fantasy. Purchase your Dubai SIM CardNOL Metro Card online, exclusively on Headout, and you’ll have all of your travel and talktime requirements taken care of before you ever set foot in the city!
Types of NOL Card
NOL Cards are available in four different colors: red, blue, silver, and gold. Here’s a brief summary of each type to help you decide which one is the greatest fit for your needs.
|Features||Gold Card||Silver Card||Blue Card||Red Card|
|Basics||Same features of the Silver Card + privileged access to Metro’s Gold Class seats.||A transport card with an e-purse that can be loaded with up to AED 1000.||A personal card with a secure e-purse that can be loaded with up to AED 5000.||A paper-based ticket which can be loaded with 10 trips. No e-purse facility,|
- Metro Gold Class Seats
- No premium is charged on buses, water buses, or parking
- No premium is charged on trains.
- If your balance is stolen, you may use the facility to retrieve it. You can also use the facility to top up your credit online. A need for concessionary fares.
|Modes of Transport||Metro, Bus, Water Bus, Parking, Tram||Metro, Bus, Water Bus, Parking, Tram||Metro, Bus, Water Bus, Parking, Tram||Bus, MetroWater Bus|
|Validity||5 years||5 years||5 years||90 Days or 10 Trips|
|Top Up Limit||AED 5000||AED 1000||AED 5000||10 Trips or5 daily Passes|
|Top Up Locations|
- Authorized sales agents, RTA Customer Service Centers, and the internet are all options for purchasing tickets.
- Authorized sales agents, RTA Customer Service Centers, and the internet are all options for buying tickets.
- Authorized sales agents, RTA Customer Service Centers, and online are all options for purchasing tickets.
- Those who want to travel in style
- Those who prefer to have all of their transportation expenses combined onto a single card
- Gold class cabins are ideal for those who wish to avoid the hustle and bustle of the metropolis
- Residents of Dubai who are searching for a one-stop card that would cover all of their transportation requirements
- Tourists who want to remain for a lengthy amount of time and who expect to take advantage of low-cost public transportation
- Is it possible to have your name and photo printed on the Gold or Silver Card? This is the one to choose. Furthermore, you will be able to reclaim your balance if your card is lost or stolen.
- Tourists and occasional visitors to Dubai who wish to take advantage of the restricted capacity of public transportation
- Those who are on a tight financial budget
Register to get our monthly email. Your monthly dose of travel-related information, including hacks and offers, travel advice, and everything in between, sent to your email. Please provide a valid email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Dubai Transport ZonesZonal Fares For Using NOL Card
According to the city’s transportation network, Dubai is separated into seven zones. Each zone covers all modes of public transportation – metro, buses, and water taxis – and the length of your journey is computed based on the total number of zones you have traveled through. If you use the NOL Card, the fare is calculated based on the number of zones you traverse, and ranges from AED 3 for a single zone to AED 7.50 (for an all zone journey).
Zonal Fare Break-Up
In terms of its transportation network, Dubai is separated into seven zones. In each zone, you can use any mode of transportation you choose (metro, buses, water taxis, etc.), and your journey is computed based on the total number of zones you’ve traveled through. If you use the NOL Card, the fare is calculated depending on the number of zones you traverse, and ranges from AED 3 for a single zone to AED 7.50 (for an entire zone ride).
The NOL CardSim Card Combo Deal
This is an unaffordable opportunity. The opportunity to purchase a Silver or Gold NOL Card that includes a sim card that has been preloaded with attractive talktime and data plans will be made available. Those who prefer not to deal with the trouble of standing in a long airport queue to obtain a SIM card will appreciate this bundle’s value. Upon landing in the United Arab Emirates’ International Airport, proceed to the nearest Bookmywifi outlet and pick up your NOL CardSim Card by flashing your mobile coupon from Headout.
Purchase your Dubai SIM CardNOL Metro Card online, exclusively on Headout, and you’ll have all of your travel and talktime requirements taken care of before you ever set foot in the city!
Dubai NOL Card Reviews
Mr. Rahim was really accommodating and courteous, and he took excellent care of their customer. I was quite pleased with the service, which arrived just on schedule. The service received a perfect score. Edith Marshall writes for TripAdvisor in June of this year.
More SIM Card and Wifi Options in Dubai
SIM Cards are little electronic devices that allow you to communicate with others. Dubai Wi-Fi 4G SIM Card in a small pocket size No Fee for Cancellation Transfers to and from the airport Pick-up service from Terminal 3 (airport shuttle). Arrival of a New Product No Fee for Cancellation Transfers to and from the airport Drop-off at Terminal 3 via airport shuttle service Arrival of a New Product No Fee for Cancellation Transfers to and from the airport Transfers to and from the airport in privacy Transfers to and from the airport for new arrivals Dubai Half-Day Tour Transfers on a private basis Arrival of a New Product Transfers to and from the airport Dubai for the Entire Day Transfers on a private basis Arrival of a New Product
Frequently Asked Questions About The NOL Card Dubai
- Always ensure that your NOL Card has a balance of at least AED 7.5. After being refused by a reader, wait until the indicator light stops blinking before attempting to use your Nol Card again. If it happens again, you can ask for assistance from the workers at the desk. At the station, bus stop, tram stop, or other location, you must tap in (when you enter) and tap out (when you depart). Failure to comply will result in significant financial penalties. In the event that you have the Blue NOL Card (the one that has been personalized), make certain that no one else uses it, even with your approval, since you might be punished. Before you travel to Dubai, have a look at the NOL Card Dubai’s official website to learn about the most recent promotions and offers. Approximately every two months, the RTA introduces new plans, adding to the already amazing array of options available
Most Popular Things to do in Dubai
No Fee for Cancellation Attractions Ice Rink in DubaiNo Cancellation Fee Attractions Laguna Waterpark is located in Laguna Beach, California. Lifestyle Entertainment The Museum of Illusions is a place where you can see things that aren’t there. Dubai Tourism & Sightseeing Tours in Dubai The Big Bus – A Nighttime Panoramic Bus Tour Tickets for the Burj Khalifa Boardwalk between the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain Attractions Tickets for Qasr Al Watan – Skip the Line are available now. No Fee for Cancellation Attractions Attractions in Dubai’s Garden Glow VR experience of the Burj Khalifa and Mission 828
Guide to RTA Nol Cards in Dubai: Red, Silver & more -MyBayut
Whatever your situation is, whether you are a resident of Dubai or a visitor who is visiting the city for the first time, public transit is quite convenient for getting around the city. Dubai has a very sophisticated public transportation system that is designed to make life easier and more comfortable for its citizens. The payment options are likewise incredibly straightforward and dependable in this place. Nol cards are widely used in Dubai to pay for a variety of public transportation options, including the metro, buses, and RTA taxis, without having to carry cash.
In this piece, we will go over the many varieties of RTA Dubai Nol cards, as well as their costs, validity periods, and top-up limitations.
WHAT IS A NOL CARD?
The Nol card, also known as the Dubai public transportation card, may be used to board a tram, metro, or bus throughout the city. The Nol Card is a contactless smartcard that may be used to store prepaid credit balances. It is used to pay for fares on public transportation vehicles, such as:
- Trams, ferries, buses, the metro, Abras, the Dubai waterbus, and taxis are all options.
It is necessary for customers who have a Nol card to check-in and check-out their cards on separate electronic gates at the metro station or on different electronic terminals on buses.
The ability to top up the Nol cards through the internet is the most appealing feature. The Nol card may be purchased or topped up at all metro stations and bus stations, which are equipped with ticket offices and ticket vending machines, respectively.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF NOL CARDS IN DUBAI
If you have to use the Nol card on a frequent basis, you must be particularly attentive about your security. Always keep an eye on the balance of your credit card to avoid any difficulty. The many sorts of Dubai Nol cards will be discussed in further depth below. The cost of a Dubai Nol card is determined by the type of card you choose. Although the initial cost of a Silver Nol card and a Gold Nol card is the same, the cost per journey for each is drastically different. While the cheapest fare for a trip on a Silver Nol card is AED 3, the cheapest fare for a trip on a Gold Nol card is AED 6 for each trip.
The SIlver RTA Nol card is ideal for regular travelers who want to save money. The Nol Silver Card comes in handy for people who move around the city on a regular basis. The Silver Card is eligible for use on all RTA public transportation systems in the city of Dubai. In addition, the card has one of the largest top-up limits available.
- It costs AED 25 to get a Nol Silver card, which comes with a credit of AED 19. The Nol Silver card has a top-up maximum of AED 1000, and it has a 5-year validity period.
The Gold Nol card provides access to all RTA vehicles, including buses, ferries, and other modes of transportation. Gold Nol cards are perfect for customers who desire the opportunity to sit in first-class seats on any RTA public transportation system. The card can be used on any method of public transportation that has been registered with the RTA, including bus ferries, buses, trams, and the metro, to mention a few examples.
- It costs AED 25 to get a Nol Gold card, which comes with a credit of AED 19. The Nol Gold card has a top-up maximum of AED 500, and it has a 5-year validity period.
PERSONAL NOL CARD
It costs AED 25 to get a Nol Gold card, which comes with a credit of AED 19. The Nol Gold card has a top-up maximum of AED 500, and it has a 5-year validity.
- Personal Nol card price: AED 70 with a credit of AED 20
- Personal Nol card top-up limit: AED 5000
- Monthly Nol Card Pass for all zones: AED 350 (Special concessions are provided to Senior Citizens, students, and persons of determination)
- The validity of a personal Nol card is five years.
PERSONALISED GOLD NOL CARD
Personal Nol card price: AED 70 with a credit of AED 20; Personal Nol card top-up limit: AED 5000; Monthly Nol Card Passfor all zones: AED 350 (Special concessions are provided to Senior Citizens, students, and persons of determination); Personal Nol card top-up limit: AED 5000; Nol card has a 5-year expiration date.
- Personal Gold Nol card price: AED 80 with credit worth AED 20
- Personal Gold Nol card top-up limit: AED 5000
- Personal Gold Nol card price: AED 80 with credit worth AED 20
- For AED 700 per month, you may get a Gold Nol Card that allows you to travel to all zones (special discounts are offered for senior citizens, students, and persons of determination). The validity of a personal Nol card is five years.
RED NOL CARD
Dubai’s Red Nol card is a must-have. The metro system is ideal for visitors visiting Dubai. The Dubai Metro Red Card is primarily intended for people who require a temporary card for transportation on the Dubai Metro system. Visitors to Dubai will find it to be the most convenient Nol card in the city. The Red Nol card is suitable for visitors and tourists who will be in the city for more than three days and wish to save money. The card is valid on all public transportation systems, including the metro, buses, and trams.
Users will be able to utilize just one form of transportation at a time when they own a Red card.
- Nol red card price: AED 6 with a credit of AED 4
- Nol red card top-up limit: Rechargeable usage for a maximum of 10 journeys or 5 daily passes
- Nol red card price: AED 6 with a credit of AED 4
- The validity of the Nol red card is 90 days.
CUSTOMISED NOL CARD
Nol cards may now be customized, making them more appealing to individuals who desire a more personalized experience.
Choose from one of 16 designs that are inspired by the culture and modernism of the city of Dubai. The Nol card, which has been customized for Dubai, is usable on all RTA public transportation systems. You may submit an application for an RTA personalised card using the RTA’s official website.
- The pricing of a customized Nol card is AED 30
- The top-up limit for a customized Nol card is AED 1000
- The validity of a customized Nol card is 5 years.
With that, we’ve come to the end of our guide to Nol cards in Dubai. You now understand which Dubai metro card is best for you, as well as how much each Dubai Nol card costs and how long it is valid. The process of checking the credit on your Nol card is straightforward; see ourguide on how to check your Nol card balance online in Dubai for more information. If you’re taking public transportation, Dubai has a well-developed network and infrastructure. Several public transportation applications are available in Dubai to aid residents and visitors in getting to and from famous destinations and attractions in the city.
If you don’t want to rely on public transportation and would rather drive, have a look at our comprehensiveRTA parking prices in Dubaiguide to learn more about parking fees in various locations in the city.
Dubai Metro Tickets
Tickets for the Dubai Metro must be purchased using a Nol card, which can be found here. There are no other payment options available for the Metro. A Nol card is similar to a credit card in that it may be used to pay for travel on a variety of public transportation modes in Dubai, including the Metro, buses, and trams, depending on the amount of money on the card. There are several different sorts of Nol cards, so be sure to read the section on Nol cards to determine which type is ideal for you.
Alternatively, Nol cards may be purchased at any other public transportation stations or customer service centers.
No Cash Payments
To ride on the Dubai Metro, you cannot pay with cash or a credit card; instead, you must purchase a Nol card. You may, however, fill up your Nol card with cash or a credit card at each of the stations, if you want. The following are the fares for travel on the Dubai Metro, Dubai Tram, and Dubai Buses:
|Ticket Type||1 Zone or3km 2 zones||2 Zones||3+ Zones|
|Standard Adult Ticket (Red)||4 dirhams||6 dirhams||8.50 dirhams|
|Pre-paid Standard Adult Ticket (Silver Nol)||3 dirhams||5 dirhams||7.50 dirhams|
|Concessionary (Blue Nol Card)||1.50 dirhams||2.50 dirhams||3.75 dirhams|
|Gold Class (Red Ticket)||8 dirhams||12 dirhams||17 dirhams|
|Gold Class Pre-Paid||6 dirhams||10 dirhams||15 dirhams|
By looking at the Metro Map, you can figure out how many zones you will pass through on your journey. In addition, prices are based on the number of zones and do not take into consideration the actual number of zones. Standard tickets are those that may be acquired by purchasing a red Nol card, and as a result, they are more likely to be those that are charged to tourists or visitors. Pre-paid refers to the situation in which you have purchased a Silver, Blue, or Gold Nol card. Students, the disabled, and the elderly can apply for and get concessionary Nol cards after completing the necessary paperwork.
In conjunction with the introduction of the Dubai Tram system in 2014, new season ticket passes were offered, with the following prices:
|Ticket Type||1 Zone||2 Zones||All Zones|
|Annual Silver Class||1,060 dirhams||1,770 dirhams||2,670 dirhams|
|Quarterly Silver Class||330 dirhams||550 dirhams||830 dirhams|
|Monthly Silver Class||140 dirhams||230 dirhams||350 dirhams|
|Weekly Silver Class||50 dirhams||80 dirhams||110 dirhams|
|Daily Silver Class||20 dirhams|
|Annual Gold Class||2,120 dirhams||3,540 dirhams||5,340 dirhams|
|Quarterly Gold Class||660 dirhams||1,100 dirhams||1,660 dirhams|
|Monthly Gold Class||280 dirhams||460 dirhams||700 dirhams|
|Weekly Gold Class||100 dirhams||160 dirhams||220 dirhams|
|Daily Gold Class||40 dirhams|
Metro One Day Pass or Not?
In order to determine if a one-day pass is preferable, you need estimate how many excursions you are likely to make in a single day. The Dubai Tramand Dubai buses are also included in the price of the one-day pass. You may still be charged more than 20 dirhams if you make a number of travels if you do not purchase the one-day ticket since travel is not limited to 20 dirhams unless you purchase the one-day ticket. You may learn more about the One Day pass by visiting this website. Tickets for the events listed above can only be purchased with specific Nol cards: The one-day card may be obtained by purchasing a Red ticket.
One day tickets can be charged to a Red ticket up to a maximum of five times; however, you must purchase each ticket on the day of travel rather than in advance, and each ticket is only valid until midnight on the day of purchase.
Blue cards must be obtained by the submission of an application form together with identification and a photograph. Because of this, if you are a tourist to Dubai, your only alternatives for a season ticket are day or weekly tickets, rather than a season ticket.
Nol Card in Dubai! Where to buy, how to use, . The full guide!
This chip card, in contrast to the Red Ticket, is composed of plastic, similar to that of a credit card, as opposed to paper. The Silver Nol Card is the best option for people who want to take more than two or three trips on public transportation from the RTA. The Silver Nol Card may be used on every mode of public transportation, including metro, tram, bus, waterbus, parking garages, and so on. Since 2019, it has also been possible to pay with this card in the majority of taxis. It is possible to purchase the Silver Nol Card for AED 25 (of which AED 19 can be used).
It is true that you may travel at a reduced cost with a Silver Nol Card as compared to when you purchase a Red Ticket.
From the date of purchase, the Silver Nol Card is good for 5 years, and it may be recharged up to an amount of AED 1.000.
The Silver Nol Card may be purchased at any of the metro’s ticket counters.
The Nol Card – the public transport chip card in Dubai
You will need to obtain a Dubai NOL card in order to use any public transit in Dubai, including the metro system and busses. This is an electronic card that is used to get access to the Dubai Metro system and to pay its costs. You just need to purchase your Nol Card once, after which you may easily and indefinitely reload it at the counter or at one of the numerous ticket machines located throughout the metro and tram stations. The Nol Card may be used on all modes of public transportation in Dubai, including buses, metro, tram, and water buses.
Ticket machines, manned counters at metro and bus stations, and the RTA Customer Service Center are all places where you may get a Silver Card or a Gold Card for your ride.
Please keep in mind that your Nol Silver or Nol Gold Card must have a balance of at least 7.5 AED in order to be eligible to travel by public transportation in Dubai.
Zone System in Dubai
For the purpose of determining the precise cost of a single travel on public transportation in Dubai, the Nol zonal fare is employed. There is a fare chart that provides you an idea of how much the trip will cost:
- Travel inside one zone: This refers to traveling within the same zone or making a journey using public transportation. Traveling through two nearby zones is an abbreviation that means starting in one zone and terminating in another adjacent zone. Traveling across more than two zones is denoted by the phrase “crossing three or more zones.”
The prices are expressed in dirhams. Please visit the Nol website for further information on the zone tariffs as well as the zone map.
|Zones||Silver Card||Gold Card||Personal Card||Red Ticket|
|Within 1 Zone||3||6||3||4|
|2 Adjacent Zones||5||10||5||6|
|More than 2 Zones||7.5||15||7.5||8.5|
The different types of Nol Cards
There are several distinct varieties of Nol cards, which are described in further detail below. Nol Red Card (Nol Red Card) The Nol Red Card is designed for visitors and travelers who do not travel extensively by public transportation. The Nol Red Card, in contrast to the other Nol cards, is constructed of paper rather than plastic. Purchasing a Nol Red card will cost you only 2 AED, and the card may be charged up to a maximum of 10 times for a single journey or 5 times for a daily ticket. Nol Red cards may only be used with one kind of public transportation at this time, and they are only valid for 90 days after they are first issued.
When traveling by metro or bus, the Nol Red card may only be used in ordinary class service.
Is it possible to purchase a day pass for public transportation?
It costs 20 AED for the Silver Class and 40 AED for the Gold Class to purchase a day pass for public transportation in Dubai, which permits you to travel on all modes of public transportation in limitless amounts.
Pay close attention to what I’m saying! A day pass is not valid on the Miracle Garden bus route, which is designated as special route 105. The following are the prices for a single travel when using the Nol Red card:
- Within one zone: 4 AED Regular Class / 8 AED Gold Class
- Within two adjacent zones: 6 AED Regular Class / 12 AED Gold Class
- Within more than two zones: 6 AED Regular Class / 12 AED Gold Class 8.5 AED Regular Class / 17 AED Gold Class
- 8.5 AED Regular Class
Nol Silver Card is a type of playing card that is used to play Nol in a game of Nol. Designed for visitors and travelers who often utilize public transportation in Dubai, the Nol Silver card is an anonymous chip card that can be used anywhere in the world (Metro, tram, bus, water bus and parking). A Nol Silver card is valid for 5 years from the date of purchase, and it may be charged with a maximum of 5000 AED. It can be used on all modes of public transportation in the UAE. To acquire a Nol Silver card, you must pay a fee of 25 AED, of which you will get 19 AED in the form of a balance on the card after purchase.
The prices for a one-way travel with the Silver card are somewhat lower than with the Nol Red card:
- Cards with the Nol Silver logo are available for purchase at www.nol.com/silvercard. For visitors and travelers who often utilize public transportation in Dubai, the Nol Silver card is an anonymous chip card that is excellent for them (Metro, tram, bus, water bus and parking). This card is good for 5 years after purchase, and it may be charged with up to 5000 AED in total. It can be used on any mode of public transportation. It costs 25 AED to acquire a Nol Silver card, from which you will receive 19 AED in the form of a credit balance on your card. When riding the metro, tram, or bus, you can only use your Nol Silver card in the standard class. In comparison to the Nol Red card, the Silver card has somewhat reduced prices per one-way trip: $36.
Nol Gold Card is a type of credit card. There is one distinction between the Nol Gold card and the Nol Silver card, which is that you may use your Nol Gold card to ride in the Gold class of the metro, tram and bus instead of the Silver class. For a single voyage, the fees associated with the Gold card are different from those associated with the Silver card:
- A gold card from Nol for use in games of skill and strategy. However, there is one distinction between the Nol Gold card and the Nol Silver card: you may use your Nol Gold card to travel on any gold-class trains, trams and buses instead of just silver-class trains, trams and buses. For a single voyage, the Gold card has different fees than the Silver card, which are as follows:
‘Nol Blue Card’ is an abbreviation for Nol Blue Card. The Nol Blue card is a personal Nol card that is meant for everyday travelers who want an extra layer of protection. It is available in blue and green. The Nol Blue card is the only one on which the owner’s passport photo can be displayed, and it is also the most expensive. It is possible to subscribe to a Nol Blue card for a period of 7 days, 300 days, 90 days, or 365 days, meaning that you will never have to recharge your card again. It costs 70 AED to purchase a Nol Blue card, with a 20 AED balance on your card at the time of purchase.
- One zone costs 3 AED
- Two adjacent zones cost 5 AED
- More than two zones cost 7,5 AED.
Plan your trip in Dubai
Do you wish to plan a journey in Dubai using public transportation, such as the metro or bus? Then you may access the Wojhati website or mobile application. The RTA’s official route planner app is available for download. The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is the institution in charge of all public transportation in Dubai. With the Wojhati Journey Planner software, you can plan your journey from point A to point B fast and effortlessly. You can find the download links for the various app stores, such as the Apple App Store for iPhones and iPads and the Google Play store for Android phones, on this page.
In an attempt to provide convenience and flexibility to national and international tourists as well as proud Dubai residents, FINOIT has developed the “Dubai-Metro” application, which provides critical information relating to the Dubai Metro System as well as the city of Dubai. It is an offline program that, once downloaded and installed, allows access to all of the information about the Dubai Metro system, as well as much more. Some of the most up-to-date features include “Route search,” “search by location,” “search by address,” an interactive metro map to calculate fare and travel time from station A to station B, a map, a category-wise segregated places list of Dubai zone, line information, and detailed information about individual stations.
Route Search – Using the options “sort by time” and “sort by fee,” this tool displays a variety of different routes.
Results of route searches displayed on maps, as well as information about specific stations.
It now includes newly added stations as well as an updated pricing.
An offline program with extensive capabilities that performs miracles while connected to the internet, for example, Using Google Maps, locate stations “by address.” The application has the “Locate Nearby Metro” feature, which displays the nearby metro stations based on your current position as determined by GPS.
– Provide assistance We are committed to keeping it up to date, and your involvement and opinions are much appreciated in order to make the App more user-friendly.
Please tell us about sites that are significant to you and that you think should be included in the next version of the App.
We hope you have a pleasant experience while using “Dubai-Metro”Version 3.1.1. Apple has updated this software to include the Apple Watch app icon, which can be found in the App Store. On iOS9 devices, the app was no longer crashing.
Ratings and Reviews
This software is useful and well-designed; however, the costs need to be adjusted because they are inaccurate:)
Add removal not working.
I paid to get the advertisement removed, but it is still up:( Good Job on Your Application!
Many of the adjacent metro links and route directions are incorrect. When using this application, use caution. This app is in desperate need of improvement. According to Apple, the developer, Finoit Labs, has not supplied any information regarding its privacy procedures or data management methods.
No Details Provided
When the developer submits their next app update, they will be obliged to include information about privacy practices.
SellerFinoit Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd.Size37.2 MBCompatibilityFinoit Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd. iPhoneIt is necessary to have iOS 7.0 or later. iPod touchIt is necessary to have iOS 7.0 or later. Mac It is necessary to have macOS 11.0 or later installed on your computer, as well as an Apple M1 chip. LanguagesEnglish and Arabic are the two most commonly used. Rating for those above the age of four Finoit Labs has copyright protection for the year 2015. In-App Purchases are free of charge.