Sheikh Mohammed ibn Rashid Al Maktoum, also spelled Muḥammad ibn Rāshid Āl Maktūm, (born July 15, 1949, Dubai, United Arab Emirates), vice president (2006– ) and prime minister (2006– ) of the United Arab Emirates and emir of Dubai constituent emirate (2006– ).
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Arabic: محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم; Muḥammad bin Rāshid ʾĀl Maktūm; born 15 July 1949) is the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), its Minister of Defence, as well as the Ruler of the Emirate of Dubai.
How did Crown Prince of Dubai died?
Death. According to the United Arab Emirates state news agency WAM, Rashid died of a heart attack on the morning of 19 September 2015.
Who is the most powerful man in UAE?
Mohamed bin Zayed was entrusted with most day-to-day decision making of the emirate of Abu Dhabi as the crown prince of Abu Dhabi. In 2019 the New York Times named him as the most powerful Arab ruler and one of the most powerful men on Earth.
Who founded Dubai?
Sheikh Rashid ibn Saeed Al Maktoum, also spelled Sheikh Rāshid ibn Saʿīd Āl Maktūm, (born 1910?, in the desert inland from the Persian Gulf—died October 7, 1990, Dubai, United Arab Emirates), Arab statesman largely responsible for creating the modern emirate of Dubai and a cofounder (1971) of the United Arab Emirates.
Who is MRM Dubai?
The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award (MRM Business Award), a member of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives, was initiated in 2005 under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, to recognize and celebrate the
Who are Sheikh Mohammed wives?
Dubai’s royal family: $18 billion (£14.6bn) The richest family member by far is the head of the dynasty and ruler of Dubai: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Are there slaves in Dubai?
Most notably, some of the 250,000 foreign laborers in the city have been alleged to live in conditions described by Human Rights Watch as being “less than humane”. The mistreatment of foreign workers was a subject of the 2009 documentary, Slaves of Dubai.
Who is the Burj Khalifa owner?
Emaar Properties PJSC is the Master Developer of Burj Khalifa and is also one of the largest real estate companies in the world. Mr. Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties, said: “Burj Khalifa goes beyond its imposing physical specifications.
Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum – Wikipedia
|Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum|
|Sheikh Hamdan in 2009|
|Crown Prince of Dubai|
|In office||1 February 2008 – present|
|Predecessor||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Monarch||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Deputy Ruler of Dubai|
|In office||4 January 2006 – 1 February 2008|
|Predecessor||Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Successor||Maktoum bin Mohammed Al Maktoum|
|Monarch||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Born||14 November 1982(age 39)Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Spouse||Shaikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum(m.2019) |
|Issue||Rashid bin Hamdan Al Maktoum Shaikha bint Hamdan Al Maktoum|
|Father||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Mother||Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum|
|RepresentingUnited Arab Emirates|
|World Equestrian Games|
|2010 Kentucky||Team endurance|
|2014 Normandy||Individual endurance|
|2010 Kentucky||Individual endurance|
In 2008, SheikhHamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was appointed as the Crown Prince of Dubai (Arabic: ; born 14 November 1982). SheikhHamdan has been the Crown Prince of Dubai since 2008. Prior to that, he served as Deputy Ruler of Dubai between 2006 to 2008. He is better known by his pen name, Fazza (Arabic: ), which translates as “the one who helps” in Arabic and is the moniker under which he writes his poems. Maktoum has won many gold medals at the World Equestrian Games in his equestrian discipline.
Early life and education
Hamdan bin Mohammed is the son of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and SheikhaHind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Mohammed’s senior wife. Mohammed’s parents are Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and SheikhaHind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum. In addition to being the second son of the couple’s 12 children, he is the fourth child of his father. Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed, Hamdan’s elder full brother, was born in the same year. Originally from Dubai, Hamdan bin Mohammed had his early education at the Rashid School for Boys and then at the Dubai School of Government.
The significance of self-discipline, dedication, virtue, duty, endurance, understanding, collaboration, camaraderie, and the advantages of hard work were among the lessons he learned at Sandhurst, according to his interview with Vision.
Roles and positions
Dubai’s executive council was chaired by Hamdan bin Mohammed, who was nominated to the position in September 2006. The next year, he was appointed Crown Prince of Dubai, while his brother SheikhMaktoum bin Mohammed Al Maktoum was elevated to the position of Deputy Ruler of Dubai on February 1, 2008. When Maktoum was installed as the next hereditary prince, he brought in new important staff and financial consultants, including economist John Calverly and hedge fund personality James T. Naeem, as well as appointing Maktoum himself as the chairman of HN Capital.
He was a member of the DubaiWorld Expo 2020 delegation at the time the emirate was given the rights to host the international exhibition.
His creation, The Hamdan International Photography Award, which was first presented in 2011, is a testament to his vision.
At the time of this writing, the Crown Prince’s Instagram account has more than 12 million followers. He publishes photographs of animals, poetry, sports, photography, and experiences, among other things, to demonstrate his various interests. Hamdan Al Maktoum is a qualified equestrian, sky diver, and scuba diver in the United Arab Emirates. He goes scuba diving in Fujairah. He is most renowned for his romantic and patriotic poetry in Arabic, which he has written himself. Fazza() is the pen name he uses to publish his poetry, which he created for himself.
He earned a gold medal in the AlltechFEI World Equestrian Games TM 2014 in Normandy (FRA), a team gold medal in 2012, and a bronze medal in 2010.
On the 17th of September, he led a squad of five UAE cyclists to the World Championships in Samorin.
His two brothers, Maktoum and Ahmad, were also married on the same day as him.
On the 6th of June, he and his siblings gathered at the Dubai World Trade Center to celebrate the royal nuptials of their cousins. It was reported on May 21, 2021, that Sheikh Hamdan had given birth to twins, a son called Rashid and a girl named Shaikha.
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit (Kingdom of Spain, 23 May 2008)
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit (Kingdom of Spain, 23 May 2008)
- Official Websites in Arabic and English
- Official Websites in Arabic and English
Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum: Who is Dubai’s ruler?
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the 71-year-old billionaire ruler of Dubai and vice president of the United Arab Emirates, is a member of the ruling family of the United Arab Emirates. In the Middle East, he is well-known for having overseen Dubai’s transition into a premier business and tourism destination. In addition, as the owner of the Godolphin stables, he is arguably most recognized for his association with horseracing. Secret tapes filmed by Princess Latifa when she was held captive have been recovered and shown by the BBC’s Panorama program.
- Her father had ordered her to be detained in Dubai, where she was being confined in a locked mansion when she created the films.
- He was the third of Sheikh Rashid Al Maktoum’s four sons, and he reigned as ruler of Dubai for 32 years, beginning in 1958.
- A six-month training camp at the Mons Officer Cadet School at Aldershot, Hampshire, was the next stop for the young sheikh after that.
- Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi at the time, was the first ruler of the United Arab Emirates.
- Reuters provided the image.
- Today, non-oil-based industries account for more than 95 percent of the emirate’s gross domestic output, with tourism accounting for 20 percent.
- Dubai is the world’s most populous city.
Maktoum, Mohammed’s elder brother, replaced him as ruler of the country.
He was also entrusted with a significant amount of responsibility for the day-to-day functioning of the emirate.
Caption for the image Sheikh Mohammed (right) took over as ruler of Dubai from his elder brother Sheikh Maktoum (left) in 2006.
Dubai’s growth progressed at a rapid rate under his direction.
Such massive undertakings, on the other hand, necessitated the borrowing of billions of dollars.
As a result, the government of Dubai received a loan from Abu Dhabi, which was urgently in need of cash.
AFP is the source of this image.
Image caption Additionally, Sheikh Mohammed has become well-known for his interest in horseracing, which he is credited with helping to turn it into a worldwide industry.
Ten years later, he experienced his first taste of success as a business owner.
Godolphin, which has facilities in the United Arab Emirates, England, the Republic of Ireland, Australia, Japan, and the United States, has won more than 6,000 races throughout the world since 1992, including 315 coveted Group One events, according to the company’s website.
Reuters provided the image.
When it came to horses, the sheikh and his sixth and “junior” wife, Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, the daughter of the late King Hussein of Jordan and half-sister of King Abdullah II, were a match made in heaven.
However, cracks began to develop in the family’s idyllic picture in 2018, when Princess Latifa, one of Sheikh Mohammed’s adult children with another marriage, attempted to leave the UAE with the assistance of a former French spy and a Finnish fitness instructor, according to Princess Haya.
The woman said she had been imprisoned for more than three years and had been subjected to physical torture after attempting another unsuccessful escape attempt in 2002, according to a video shot prior to the trial.
Latifa shot the tape over a period of many months after she was returned to Dubai following her unsuccessful escape attempt in 2018.
In the tapes, she tells how she fought back against the troops who apprehended her before being tranquilized and taken back to her home in Dubai.
She claimed she was being detained without access to medical or legal assistance.
As a result of the 2018 escape attempt, Princess Haya supported the Dubai government’s statements that Latifa had been “susceptible to exploitation” and that she was now “secure.” The couple’s children were with them as they fled Dubai for the United Kingdom through Germany in April 2019.
The dissolution of his marriage elicited no response from Sheikh Mohammed, but he did write a furious poem in which he accused an unidentified lady of “treachery and betrayal,” which he then shared on Instagram.
Sheikh Mohammed, on the other hand, has requested that the children be returned to Dubai.
Shamsa left the family’s estate in Surrey, England, in that year, but was subsequently apprehended in Cambridgeshire by agents of the sheikh and deported to Dubai.
“Sheikh Mohammed [continues to sustain] a system in which both of these young ladies are deprived of their liberty,” the court said.
These included a handgun that was put on her bedside table.
His appeal was “filed in order to safeguard the best interests and welfare of the children,” and he said that the decision “does not protect my children from public attention in the same manner that other children involved in family processes in the United Kingdom are protected.” “As the head of government, I was unable to participate in the fact-finding process conducted by the court.
Consequently, a “fact-finding” ruling has been issued, which unavoidably only provides one side of the tale, and an appeal has been filed “He went on to say more.
Around the BBC
Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was born on November 14, 1982, and is the second son of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. In the photo are Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, and Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma’a, the Ruler of Dubai. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed is descended from the “Al Bu Falasah”clan of the “Bani Yas,” who are descendants of the “Al Bu Falasah.” Al Bu FalasahBani Yas (Al Bu FalasahBani Yas) His Royal Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, has built a reputation as a leader who blends exceptional leadership talents with humility, simplicity, and charity.
- His Royal Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, has built a reputation as a leader who blends exceptional leadership talents with humility, simplicity, and charity.
- The Crown Prince of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has already made a name for himself as a successful businessman and leader.
- Sheikh Hamdan is following in the footsteps of his father, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, in this respect.
- He is continually working to find solutions to their difficulties and to keep track of their progress.
- Sheikh Hamdan may frequently be seen driving his automobile through the streets of Dubai, dining at restaurants, and mingling with the general public.
- In Sandhurst, he learned to be disciplined and timely as a result of the military lifestyle.
- These characteristics are practically required in order to carry out your obligations effectively.” In addition, the many activities that Sheikh Hamdan participates in – particularly equestrian sports – have provided him with the attributes of patience and tenacity that he possesses.
- He was there to see and be a part of the country’s triumphs and setbacks, as well as its quality jumps.
- Sheikh Hamdan is a descendant of His Highness Late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, who was the founder of modern Dubai and is the current ruler of the country.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the visionary and leader who has established Dubai in the international community as the brightest rising star and a leading global business hub – in addition to his invaluable contributions to the spectacular development boom of the United Arab Emirates under the wise leadership of UAE President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan – was honoured today at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
- Her Highness Sheikh Mohammed named Sheikh Hamdan as Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council, a government body responsible for the planning and implementation of Dubai’s strategic comprehensive development plans, on September 8, 2006.
- Her Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum has seen his responsibilities grow and change since he was appointed Crown Prince of Dubai on February 1, 2008.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid’s vision since he assumed responsibility for the most important files in the emirate.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, the Crown Prince of Dubai has learned from him the qualities of visionary leadership and strategic perspective, as well as the personality traits that have established H.H.
- His father, H.H.
- After attending several specialized training courses in economics at the London School of Economics and the Dubai School of Government, Sheikh Hamdan built on his theoretical education by learning the practical skills of leadership and public administration from him.
- He has always expressed an interest in attending his father’s court (majlis) and gaining knowledge from it.
- Sheikh Mohammed on a regular basis, both inside and beyond the nation, which allows him to refine and polish his abilities and capabilities.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s dual post as Ruler of Dubai and Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates in 2006, the responsibilities and duties of Sheikh Hamdan were significantly increased.
- His Royal Highness It was on February 1, 2008, when Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was appointed to the position of Crown Prince of Dubai.
- His Highness has amassed a substantial amount of wealth throughout the years.
He also acquired a wide range of capabilities and leadership qualities, which established Hamdan Ben Mohammed as a potential leader in the future. 2/3
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum received his elementary education at Rashid Private School, Dubai. He then pursued his education in the United Kingdom where he graduated from the prominent Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (RMAS), one of the world’s finest military academies.
Sheikh Hamdan, on the other hand, affirms that His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the most significant school in his life – as well as the most influential figure. “I studied and graduated from Mohammed bin Rashid school, and I continue to learn from him on a daily basis.” His directions on a wide range of strategic issues intrigue me, and I look forward to consulting with him and learning from him. He is a role model not only for myself, but for all young people in the United Arab Emirates.”
The Dubai Crown Prince, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid, has gained a fine reputation for composing Nabati poetry under the pen name ‘Fazza’ – which means, in the Emirati dialect, a person who speeds to the help and support of others.
Because of the setting in which Sheikh Hamdan grew up, he was able to orient his senses toward appreciating the boundless beauty that the desert has to give as a lasting testament to the glory of God. In this harmonious environment, Sheikh Hamdan was able to mold and refine his poetic abilities. Fazza, whose father, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, is himself a well-known Nabati poet, has had the chance to meet and interact with a wide range of other poets. Her Highness Sheikh Mohammed supported Fazza, listened to his initial attempts at composing poetry, and mentored him with his knowledge of the arts and his higher sense of artistic sensibility.
The poet characterizes poetry as follows in his own words: “It is my identity and poetic character, through which I humbly endeavor to reignite pleasure in the hearts of others and alleviate their pain in my own humble manner.” “I communicate their objectives and wishes for the future.”
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed has a number of published poems some of which are now famous songs.
Sheikh Hamdan’s most significant international accomplishments include: 8th September 2001 – Spain – World Youth Endurance Championship – Gold Medal – Individual King of Spain Endurance Cup, 27th April 2002, first place. 1st Place – FEI World Endurance Championship, held in France on December of 2005. The Asian Games Endurance Championship was held in Qatar on December 17th, 2006, and the team took home a gold medal. Gold Medal for the Team in the FEI World Endurance Championships, held in Malaysia on November 6th, 2008.
- Gold Medal for the Team in the European Open Endurance Championships, held in Portugal on the 2nd of October, 1999.
- Some of his most notable accomplishments on the Arab level are as follows: ” 1st place in the Emirates Endurance Championship, held in Syria on May 5, 1999.
- In the 120-kilometer Qatar International Endurance Championship held in Qatar in 2008, I took first place.
- The Syrian Endurance Championship, held on May 31st in Syria, earned me first place (tied with H.H.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum
- Internationally significant accomplishments of Sheikh Hamdan are as follows: Gold Medal – Individual – World Youth Endurance Championship, Spain, September 8, 2001. King of Spain Endurance Cup, 27th April 2002, 1st place overall! 1st place in the FEI World Endurance Championships in France in December 2005. The Asian Games Endurance Championship was held in Qatar on December 17th, 2006, and the team took home a gold medal in the competition. Malaysia, 6th November 2008 – FEI World Endurance Championships, Gold Medal for Team – Gold Medal for the Team in the European Endurance Championship for Youth, held in Germany on August 14th, 1999 European Open Endurance Championship, Portugal, October 2nd, 1999: Gold Medal for the Team On the 9th of July, 2000, I finished first in the 140-kilometer Tattersalls Endurance Race. On the Arab level, some of his most notable accomplishments include: 1st place in the Emirates Endurance Championship, held in Syria on May 5, 1999 Wadi Rum International Endurance Race, Jordan, 120-kilometer distance, first place. In 2008, I finished first in the 120-kilometer Qatar International Endurance Championship. King of Bahrain Cup, Bahrain, May 5, 2008 – 1st Place – On May 31, 2008, I finished first (tied with H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum) in the Syrian Endurance Championship in Syria.
- Among those included on the database is a member of the House of Lords and a British national who was previously held in the United Arab Emirates. 5.59 p.m.
- Observations ascribed to the emirate ruler. The announcement of Sheikh Mohammed’s daughter comes just a day after a photo of her in Spain leaked on the internet. Published on the 22nd of June, 2021.
- The statement comes two months after a BBC video in which the daughter of Dubai’s ruler claimed she was being held prisoner was broadcast. Published on April 20, 2021
Need 5 Housekeepers, Couture: Dubai Ruler’s Ex-Wife In $733 Million Win
These payments will be secured by a 290 million pound bond held by the HSBC bank, which will ensure that they are made. London: It was decreed by the High Court in London that Dubai’s ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, must pay a sum of more than 554 million pounds ($733 million) to settle a custody fight with his ex-wife over their two children, setting a new British record. Princes Haya bint al-Hussein and her husband, Sheikh Mohammed bin Salman, and their two children would get the most of the large judgement to provide them lifetime security, including dealing with the “severe risk” presented by the sheikh himself, said the judge, Philip Moor.
- According to the judge, Mohammed must make a one-time payment to Haya of 251.5 million pounds within three months, to cover the upkeep of her British homes, the money she claims she owes for jewelry and racehorses, and any future security fees she may incur.
- He was also ordered to pay 11.2 million pounds every year for the upkeep of the children, as well as for their protection when they reach the age of majority.
- Despite the fact that some London attorneys believe it to be the greatest public award ever issued by an English family court, the ultimate value is less than half of the 1.4 billion pounds that Haya had initially requested.
- A significant one-time payment, she said, would allow for a clean split and would free her and her children from the sheikh’s control.
The hefty financial settlement is the latest development in a legal saga that began when the princess fled to the United Kingdom in April 2019, fearing for her safety after she began an affair with one of her bodyguards and a month after she had requested a divorce from her husband, Sheikh Mohammed bin Salman.
Early this year, the President of the Family Division in England and Wales, a senior judge, determined that Mohammed had ordered the hacking of the phones of Haya and her lawyers, one of whom is a member of Parliament, using sophisticated “Pegasus” state security software.
Haya had made it clear that she did not want a divorce settlement.
According to the sheikh’s lawyer, Nigel Dyer, during court sessions that could not be disclosed until Tuesday, “the kind and extent of the mother’s pecuniary claims, as well as the magnitude of the relief that is being sought, are very unusual.” He said that her demands were exorbitant and that she was in fact asking for herself under the pretense of her children’s well-being.
The suspected blackmailers did not appear in court and were not questioned.
The Seventy-Million-Pound Court Battle During the course of the two-and-a-half-year court battle, Haya’s lawyer, Nicholas Cusworth, said that the number totaled more than 70 million pounds in legal expenses, adding that “the actual extent of the massive sums spent by (Mohammed) will never be revealed.” According to the terms of the settlement, the majority of Haya’s cash reward would be used to fund security measures.
The money would be used to purchase an armored automobile fleet, which would be renewed every few years, in order to keep the children secure from being stolen by their own father, according to the judgement, which was issued.
In a “absolutely unique situation,” Moor explained, “the biggest threat they confront is from (the sheikh) himself, not from outside sources.” According to him, the threat to Haya’s life will be “clear and ever-present” for the rest of her life, “whether it comes from (Mohammed) or simply from the typical terrorist.” He was speaking about the kind of security risks that would be faced by someone in Haya’s position.
The level of concern was so great that Haya’s head of security – known only as ‘Director 1’ – had to be brought into the courtroom to testify about her security needs with all of the windows blacked out, the courtroom shielded with a curtain from everyone except Moor and two lawyers, and his name was written on a piece of paper and handed to the judge to read.
According to the judgement, she had a home budget of more than 83 million pounds per year in Dubai, with an additional 9 million pounds in spending money, according to the ruling.
Moor stated in accepting Haya’s claim for 1.9 million pounds, which would be used to build a kitchen extension, pizza oven, and kitchen curtains at her London house.
While Moor stated that Haya’s financial claims would not be granted a “blank check,” he stated that she should be considered “with a very clear eye to the extraordinary circumstances of this case, such as the extremely lavish and unmatched quality of life experienced by these parties in Dubai.” Haya told the court that she did not believe it was unreasonable for her to seek for millions in order to pay for five housekeepers, clothing, the upkeep of her two residences, one of which is reported to be worth over 100 million pounds, and regular vacations, among other things.
She said that if her jewelry, which is worth at around 20 million pounds, were spread out over the courtroom, it would fill the entire room.
“She is not affluent, at least not in the context of this case,” Cusworth, her attorney, stated.
He said that Mohammed’s requests should be seen in the light of the fact that he had a 2 million pound bill from purchasing strawberries for his country estate, northeast of London, one summer.
“The highest financial remedy award probably ever ordered, and I believe ever made by a family court,” he stated, referring to the judge’s decision as “the largest financial remedy award.” Prior to this, it was believed that the biggest payment ever awarded by a British court was the 453.6 million pounds that Russian billionaire Farkad Akhmedov was forced to pay as part of his divorce settlement in 2016.
Mohammed, 72, had offered to pay regular maintenance sums of 10 million pounds a year as well as a 500 million pound guarantee, which Dyer described as “hanging like a sword of Damocles” over his and his family’s heads.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was appointed prime minister and vice president of the United Arab Emirates in 2006, and he is credited with transforming Dubai into a glitzy international economic hub. Her Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was born on July 15, 1949, and he was appointed Prime Minister and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates in 2006. Later, he went on to study at the Bell School of Languages before being named Crown Prince of Dubai in 1995. In his quest to assist in the transformation of Dubai into a lush and desirable commercial center, he was instrumental in the development of the Palm Islands, the Burj Al-Arab hotel, the Burj Khalifa tower, the Dubai World Cup, and the Godolphin Stables.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the future prime minister and vice president of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as well as the ruler of Dubai, was born in 1949 as the third of four boys. He had private tutoring before commencing his official schooling, and he eventually went on to study at the Bell School of Languages at the University of Cambridge. The crown prince of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed, assumed the position in 1995 with the primary goal of supervising the development of this little piece of desert into the world’s most glamorous tourist and commercial destination.
- Sheikh Mohammed, who is himself a well-known poet, has always had a strong interest in poetry, particularly poetry written in the Nabati style, which is indigenous to the region.
- Sheikh Mohammed is also well-known for his charity activities, which include contributions to organizations like as literacy and cultural outreach.
- Following the death of his elder brother in 2006, Sheikh Mohammed was appointed ruler of Dubai, prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, and vice president of the United Arab Emirates.
- In addition, he has a junior wife, Princess Haya bint Al-Hussen, daughter of Jordanian King Hussein.
We aim for accuracy and fairness in all we do. If you see something that doesn’t appear to be quite right, please let us know!
Sheikh Mohammed: Who is the father of Dubai princess ‘being held hostage’ – and what are his UK connections?
Due to the emergence of tapes of his daughter, Princess Latifa, in which she says that he is holding her prisoner, Dubai’s royal monarch has re-entered the public eye once more. Sheikh Mohammedbin Rashid al Maktoum is one of the most powerful individuals in the Middle East. He is not only the millionaire ruler of Dubai, but he is also the vice president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, among other positions. Sky News looks at the leader’s background, his ties to the United Kingdom, and the issues that have surrounded him.
- Who is Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, and what is his background?
- Since their father’s death in 1990, Sheikh Mohammed and his younger brother, Sheikh Hamdan, have been assisting their elder brother in the administration of Dubai.
- He was also notorious for showing up unexpectedly at ministerial offices to publicly embarrass departments whose employees were not there.
- He has been involved in a number of internationally acclaimed projects, including the construction of the world’s tallest structure, the Burj Khalifa, as well as the Palm Islands and Dubai Media City.
- He has given millions of dollars to the arts, to displaced Afghan citizens, and to the construction of a mosque in the Netherlands, among other causes.
- He has at least six wives and 30 children, according to records.
- Horse racing is a popular sport in the United States.
Sheikh Mohammed has been an avid horse rider and horse racer since he was a child, and he now controls Darley Stud, the world’s largest horse breeding facility.
As well as owning and operating Godolphin Stables in Newmarket, Suffolk, he is the driving force behind one of the most famous flat racing stables on the planet, which is responsible for producing some of the world’s most well-known horses.
Sheikh Mohammed is well-connected in the upper levels of British society, and he is frequently seen conversing with the Queen in the royal box at Ascot.
During the annual Ascot horse race, the sheikh sits in the royal box alongside the Queen.
With his cousin, the sheikh traveled to the United Kingdom to study English at the Bell School of English in Cambridge when he was seventeen years old.
As the top Commonwealth student, he was presented with the sword of honour at the ceremony.
His requests to extend his houses in Surrey and Scotland have been met with opposition from the local community.
According to the Campaign Against Arms Trade, the United Arab Emirates is one of the United Kingdom’s top arms clients.
For the first time since 2015, the United Kingdom has committed to maintaining a permanent British Defense Staff in the Gulf.
Sheikh Mohammed’s Godolphin Stables is one of the most well-known flat racing organizations in the world, and it is seen here.
She is said to have visited an immigration counsel in London to seek guidance on whether or not she should remain in the country, and then traveled to Cambridge.
Afterwards, she alleges, they drove to her father’s home in Newmarket, where they allegedly drugged her before flying her back to Dubai, where she was imprisoned.
Shamsa hasn’t been seen in public since the incident occurred.
Image courtesy of freelatifa.com The “abduction” of Princess Latifa in 2018.
When they were approximately six days out at sea off the coast of India, an aircraft and another boat began following them, and Indian special forces boarded the yacht, using smoke grenades and gunfire, according to a close friend of Princess Latifa’s who assisted her in escaping, Latifa was subsequently removed off the boat by troops, and her companion, Tiina Jauhiainen, said that she had not seen or heard from her since.
- Ms Jauhiainen also testified that Latifa had informed her that she had attempted to flee in 2002 but had been apprehended at the border with Oman and imprisoned for three years and four months, during which time she said she had been subjected to physical and mental abuse.
- Ms Robinson claimed this week that she was misled into participating in the meeting and shooting images as a result of the photos.
- He claims that the princess is safe and well, and that the family want to keep her identity a secret.
- She claims she is being held against her will and is fearful for her life.
- What happened to Princess Latifa after she was ‘beaten, drugged, and imprisoned’?
- Latifa and Shamsa’s mother, Sheikh Mohammed’s sixth wife, is a former Olympic showjumper who is also the daughter of Jordan’s late King Hussein.
- In 2004, she tied the knot with Sheikh Mohammed.
- Image:Princess Haya fled to the United Kingdom with her children in 2019 after becoming suspicious about what had happened to Shamsa and Latifa, according to reports.
- Haya, now 46, stated how she originally trusted the sheikh’s account of Shamsa and Latifa being “rescued” and that they were safe with relatives, but that her belief was shattered when the sheikh sought to keep the judgment out of the public light.
- After fleeing to London from Dubai in 2019, Princess Haya was embroiled in a highly publicized legal struggle to preserve custody of her two children.
- The court also heard claims that the sheikh used his media contacts to spread “wholly incorrect” bad reports about Haya and that he informed her and her children that they would “never be safe in England” when they arrived.
“As the head of government, I was unable to participate in the court’s fact-finding process, which culminated in the issuance of a ‘fast-finding’ ruling that, by its very nature, gives only one side of the story,” he said in a statement issued at the time.
Ruler of Dubai ordered to pay record $730M to ex-wife and their kids
In the most expensive divorce settlement in British history, the ruler of Dubai was ordered to pay more than $730 million to his ex-wife, a princess, and their children, according to a British court. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, 72, was ordered in London’s High Court to pay the staggering sum to his sixth wife, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein — who had become accustomed to “limitless” funding before fleeing their marriage in 2019 after cheating with a bodyguard who blackmailed her. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum was born in the United Arab Emirates and raised in the United Kingdom.
- Furthermore, he was ordered to arrange a bank guarantee in the amount of $385 million to cover future payments for the children, who reside with their mother in a house near London’s Kensington Palace that is valued more than $115 million.
- Al-Maktoum (right) was previously accused of kidnapping two of his daughters from a previous marriage.
- PA Images courtesy of Getty Images In fact, she was given approval for more than $2.5 million to renovate her kitchen, which included the installation of a pizza oven, despite the fact that the estate had only recently undergone a nearly $120 million renovation.
- “The true value of money is significantly different from the value of money to any average mortal interested in this case or any petitioner who ordinarily comes before this court,” Cusworth explained.
- Haya, together with her husband and two children, initially requested $1.85 billion in compensation.
- “Most importantly in this regard, and absolutely uniquely, the main threat they face is from themselves, not from outside sources,” the judge said of the sheikh, who is also vice president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates.
- Al-Maktoum, a prominent racehorse breeder, was found to have abducted and tortured two of his children from a previous marriage, as well as hacked the phones of Haya and her attorneys, according to two separate UK High Court judgements.
Earlier this year, the princess’ current director of security — who was allowed total anonymity in order to testify — expressed concern about “a major possibility of her being killed or wounded, as well as the children being taken.” “I am completely confident that this indicates that.
“There can be no compromise in this area,” the judge said as he allowed the purchase of a fleet of armored vehicles worth millions of dollars, as well as the construction of special parking lots for them.
“I genuinely want to be free, and I sincerely want them to be free,” Haya said in her statement to the court.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock.
According to the court testimony, that bodyguard — who was recognized in court — then blackmailed her and other members of the security team, leaving the princess so terrified that she paid them over $9 million to conceal the affair.
Sheikh Mohammed died in the following year.
“I genuinely want to be free, and I sincerely want them to be free,” she told the judge in her opening statement.
Earlier this year, Haya and her attorney, Baroness Fiona Shackleton, were seen outside court.
According to the ruling, she had an annual budget of around $110 million for her household in Dubai, plus an additional $12 million in spending money.
According to Dyer, the judgement on Tuesday was “definitely the greatest financial remedy award ever ordered and, I believe, the largest financial remedy award ever issued by a family court.” An official spokesperson for Sheikh Mohammed claimed in a statement that the monarch “has always made certain that his children are well taken care of.” “The court has finally reached a decision on the finances, and he has made it clear that he will not be commenting further.” While Haya’s blackmailing boyfriend was only named as “Mr.
D” in court, he was characterized as a married former British soldier who had been assigned to be her personal protection officer, according to the Times of London.
Post wires are used in this application.
How many wives and children does Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed have?
Dubai is ruled by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who is often known as Sheikh Mohammed. (Image courtesy of Newsflash/@hhshkmohd) It has been reported this week that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s daughter Princess Latifa has gone missing, but what else do we know about the ruler of Dubai’s personal life remains unknown. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the ruler of Dubai and vice-president of the United Arab Emirates, and he is one of the world’s wealthiest heads of state (UAE).
Dubai Princess Latifa has accused her father of holding her captive and demanded that he release her.
It was reported on February 19 by the UAE embassy in London that the woman was “cared for at home” and “supported by her family and medical personnel.” Meanwhile, the United Nations has demanded verification that she is still alive.
How many wives does Sheikh Mohammed have?
In addition to Houria Ahmed Lamara, the mother of Princess Latifa, there are six other women who have been married to the ruler of Dubai. Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Princess Haya bint Hussein, Randa bint Mohammed Al-Banna, Delila Aloula, and Zoe Grigorakos are the other five honorees. Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Princess Haya bint Hussein, Randa bint Mohammed Al-Banna, and Zoe Grigorakos are the other five honorees. In 2004, Princess Haya Bint al-Hussein tied the knot with Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum (Picture: Getty) Sheikh Mohammed’s senior wife and consort, Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, is the senior wife and consort of Sheikh Mohammed.
- Princess Haya bint Hussein, the ruler of Sheikh Mohammed’s second official wife, is a graduate of the University of Oxford and is the daughter of the ruler of Sheikh Mohammed’s first official wife, Princess Fatima bint Hussein.
- At the time, Princess Haya requested that the most senior family court in England and Wales, Sir Andrew McFarlane, investigate the alleged kidnappings of two of the sheikh’s older daughters, Shamsa and Latifa, by a Saudi national.
- It was requested by Princess Haya’s legal team that both Shamsa and Latifa provide testimony concerning their treatment at the hands of their father.
- He also claimed that he had provided them independent legal counsel at the time.
This was denied, and judges determined that the sheikh had ‘directed and coordinated’ the kidnapping of Sheikha Shamsa and Sheikha Latifa, and that they had been compelled to return to Dubai as a result of the abduction. Shamsa and Latifa’s location remain a mystery at this day.
How many children does Sheikh Mohammed have?
Although the precise number of children Sheikh Mohammed has is unknown, it is believed that he has at least 30 offspring from his several spouses.
Who is Princess Latifa’s mother Houria Ahmed Lamara?
Houria Ahmed Lamara is Princess Latifa’s mother and one of Sheikh Mohammed’s six wives. She is also the mother of Princess Latifa. Sheikh Mohammed is also the father of four other children with the Algerian-born wife. MORE:Boris Johnson expresses worry for the well-being of ‘kidnapped’ Princess Latifah. Secret films of Princess Latifa shot in the bathroom accuse her father of holding her captive (MORE) Follow Metro on our social media networks, which include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.