Free-trade zone in Dubai, (FTZs) are special economic zones set up with the objective of offering tax concessions and customs duty benefits to expatriate investors. Most of the free zones in Dubai broadly offer trading, services, and industrial licenses to investors looking to set up their businesses.
Where are the free zones in Dubai?
- Free-trade zones in the United Arab Emirates are areas that have a special tax, customs and imports regime and are governed by their own framework of regulations (with the exception of UAE criminal law). The UAE has a number of free zones across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ajman, Ras al-Khaimah and Umm al-Quwain.
What is meant by free zone?
Definition of free zone: an area within which goods may be received and stored without payment of duty.
What is difference between mainland and Freezone UAE?
The fundamental difference between mainland and free zone is that Free Zone Company cannot conduct its operation in non-free zone without the support of a local agent whereas a mainland company freely operates its business activities anywhere in UAE. There are numerous free zones in Dubai.
Which is the cheapest Freezone in UAE?
Ajman Media City is the cheapest free zone in UAE. This freezone offers investors a range of business activities and business license types at the lowest cost.
What are the benefits of free zone visa?
The key advantages of having a free zone visa are:
- Tax exemption. The visa means that you’ll be exempt from paying import, export or personal taxes.
- 100% ownership.
- Financial access.
- Lease premises.
- Fund transfer.
- Driving licence.
- Healthcare access.
- School registration.
Who owns free zone?
Port and Free Zone World, a wholly-owned subsidiary of state investment vehicle Dubai World, is to acquire the 19.55% of shares listed on the Nasdaq Dubai, according to a stock filing. Port and Free Zone World already owns 80.45% of ordinary share capital of DP World.
Which is the Best Freezone in UAE?
List of best free zones in the UAE:
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA)
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
- International Free Zone Authority (IFZA)
- Fujairah Creative City Free Zone.
- Sharjah Media City Free Zone (Shams)
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone (SPCFZ)
- Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ)
Can a Freezone company own property in Dubai?
All free zone companies in Dubai are permitted to own property in the so-called Designated Areas. The free zones in Dubai include DMCC, Dubai Internet City, Dubai HealthCare City, Dubai South and many more. Free zone companies, which are formed in other Emirates, are not allowed to hold property in Dubai.
What is difference between FZE and FZCO?
Difference between FZE and FZCO: Free zone Establishments have single shareholder. Whereas a Free zone Company are similar to limited liability company. A free zone company has 2 or more shareholders.
Can Freezone companies do business in Dubai?
The said law states that no one is permitted to conduct economic activities in Dubai outside the free zones except through a corporate entity licensed by the DED. The common legal forms for free zone entities to conduct business in Dubai are civil work company, limited liability company or branch.
How much does it cost to open a Freezone company in Dubai?
In Dubai Airport Free Zone, you can form an FZ Co. with a minimum share capital of AED 1000. Each share should be in the denomination of AED 1000. In DMCC, the minimum share capital for forming a free zone company is AED 50,000 per company and AED 10,000 per shareholder.
How much does it cost to set up a company in Dubai Freezone?
The minimum cost of registering a Free Zone Company in Dubai is AED 13,900. Free Zones in Dubai offers a wide range of business activities for investors to start their business in UAE.
What is the difference between Freezone and LLC?
LLCs can trade directly with the local market, any free zone, or outside UAE without any restrictions. This applies to all commercial and professional licenses. A freezone license can be incorporated with or without a physical office. You can easily find offices in Business Bay, Media City or JLT business centers.
Is there ban in Freezone visa?
Free zones do not impose bans on employees, but may do so if requested by the employer. It all depends on the circumstances leading up to the dismissal of the employee or termination of the employment contract. However, any ban imposed by a free zone would ordinarily only be applicable within that free zone.
How much is a free zone visa?
The visa application fee is AED 4,670. This includes the visa fee, typing fees, medical test, residence visa stamping, and Emirates ID card. An additional fee of AED 920 is due if the visa applicant is in the UAE. A security deposit must be made of AED 2,500 (refundable upon cancellation of the visa).
List of Dubai Free Zones: D3, Dubai Media City & More –
- What is a Free Zone in Dubai
- Why should you establish a business in a Free Zone in Dubai
- What is the difference between a Free Zone and a Free Zone in Dubai
- List of Free Zones in Dubai
- Frequently Asked Questions
Located in the Middle East, Dubai is one of the most lucrative and investor-friendly places in the world. Its proximity to Asia and other nations, as well as its ease of access to these regions, making it an attractive investment hub. There are a number of free zones in Dubai that provide conditions for businesses to expand and prosper. The consequence has been a flourishing business environment for both start-ups and big multinationals in Dubai. Let’s take a closer look at these Dubai free zones and what they may offer you.
What are free zones?
In essence, free zones or free trade zones in Dubai are business zones in which enterprises operating in them are exempt from all sorts of taxation, including Value Added Tax (VAT), Income Tax, Corporate Tax, and Customs, among other things. In Dubai’s free zone districts, company owners retain 100 percent control of their enterprises. They are intended to attract international investment while also stimulating economic activity in the city. In fact, Dubai was the first emirate in the United Arab Emirates to implement the free zone model.
Why set up a business in any of the free trade zones in Dubai?
In Dubai, there are approximately 24 free zone places to choose from. There are several benefits to establishing a business in a Dubai free zone. Here are some of them: One of the most significant benefits is complete ownership of the corporation as well as complete tax exemption. The tax exemption is an excellent alternative for international enterprises and company owners that wish to use the UAE for regional production or as a distribution base, as it reduces their tax liability. In these specialized economic zones in Dubai, company owners may benefit from 100 percent ownership as well as complete tax exemption, making them a valuable investment prospect.
It is necessary to determine the type of legal entity that will be registered in a Dubai free zone before registering a corporation in that zone.
- Choosing a business name
- Submitting an application for a business license Renting or purchasing an office space
- Obtaining more pre-approvals
List of Dubai Free Zones
There are now 24 free zones in Dubai, each of which caters to a distinct area or industry. In accordance with the official United Arab Emirates Government website, they are split into three primary groups, which are as follows:
1. Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA)
Dubai Media City is a well-known media business community in Dubai. The Dubai Development Authority (DDA), currently known as the Dubai Development Authority, is responsible for the development of creative and knowledge-based sectors throughout the city. The free zone regions in Dubai that are governed by the DCCA are as follows:
- Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City, Dubai Production City, Dubai Studio City, Dubai Outsource City, Dubai Knowledge Park, Dubai International Academic City, Dubai Science Park, Dubai Design District (d3), Dubai Design District (d3), Dubai Design District (d3), Dubai Design District (d3), Dubai Design District (d3)
2. Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Authority (DMCC)
The Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) Free Trade Zone is one of the most popular free trade zones in the United Arab Emirates. The DMCC Authority, which was established in 2002, serves as a worldwide commodities trading centre. The free zones in Dubai classified under the DMCC include the following:
3. Other Dubai Free Zones
The Dubai Silicon Oasis has lately gained popularity as a result of its combination of residential and business property.
Various businesses, ranging from gold and jewelry to health care and manufacturing, are represented in these Dubai free trade zones:
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA)
- Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA)
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority
- International Humanitarian City
- Dubai World Trade Centre
- Dubai Maritime City Authority
- Dubai South
- Dubai Outsource City
- Dubai International Financial Centre
- National Industries Park (TechnoPark)
- Dubai CommerCity (DCC Free Zone)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Dubai CommerCityor DCC free zone is the first e-commerce center in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia (MEASA) area, according to the World Economic Forum. Spread across 2.1 million square feet, Dubai CommerCity was created specifically to serve the needs of the region’s rapidly expanding electronic commerce industry. It is separated into three clusters in this specific Dubai free zone, which are the Business Cluster, the Logistics Cluster, and the Social Cluster.
DO I NEED A PARTNER TO SET UP A BUSINESS IN DUBAI FREE ZONE?
No, one of the most significant advantages of investing in the Dubai free zone is that you are not needed to form a partnership. In exchange for their investment, investors receive complete ownership of their company.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO INVEST IN A DUBAI FREE ZONE?
The free zones in Dubai provide specific packages to assist company owners. The cost of establishing a business in Dubai is dependent on a number of factors, however free zones are significantly less expensive. Companies such as Creative Zone, Start Any Business, Make My Firm and other business establishment experts in Dubai can provide you with support.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCEBETWEEN FREE HOLD AND FREE ZONE IN DUBAI?
Free zones in Dubai should not be confused with freehold properties in the city-state. In Dubai, there are significant variations between free zone and freehold homes. Non-GCC residents can purchase freehold properties in Dubai, granting them complete ownership of the land or property. A buyer who purchases a freehold property has the option to sell, lease, or reside on the property at any time. Dubai free zones, on the other hand, are reserved entirely for commercial purposes and do not often include residential units.
As you can see, Dubai has a plethora of free trade zones that will assist you in starting a business there.
Check visit the Al Hamriya free zone in Sharjah if you’re looking for additional possibilities.
What is a free zone and why should you consider one?
Free zones in Dubai should not be confused with freehold properties in the city-state of Dubai. Property in Dubai may be divided into two types: free zone properties and freehold homes. Non-GCC nationals can purchase freehold properties in Dubai, granting them complete ownership of the land or building. A buyer who purchases a freehold property has the option to sell, lease, or reside in the property at their discretion. In contrast, Dubai free zones are purely for business purposes and do not often contain residential apartments.
There are several free trade zones in Dubai, as you can see, that may assist you in starting a business.
Check out the Al Hamriya free zone in Sharjah if you’re looking for other possibilities.
What is a Free Zone?
The term “Free Zone” refers to an economic zone where goods and services can be exchanged with the benefit of advantageous tax and customs rates, which are normally available to foreign investors. They were first introduced to encourage international business in the region by providing incentives such as 100 percent foreign ownership of foreign-owned corporations. There are now 45 free zones in the United Arab Emirates. Free zones in the United Arab Emirates have grown in sophistication throughout time, providing ever-increasing benefits to the firms who operate within them.
So, what is it about free zone company formation that makes it such an appealing alternative, and what may it imply for your firm?
Why set up in a free zone?
If you’re considering establishing a business in the United Arab Emirates, there are several advantages to doing so in a free zone. Setup is simple: The process of establishing a business in most free zones is quite basic. The specific application procedure may vary depending on your business activity and the free zone you choose, but in many situations you will only be asked to provide a few pieces of basic evidence, such as copies of your passport and copies of your business papers. The entire process is usually completed in a week or two.
- Taxes and duties: The tax system in a free zone is possibly the most persuasive argument in favor of doing business there.
- That’s not all, either.
- When you establish your business in a free zone, you will not only profit from zero percent corporate and personal tax, but you will also be exempt from VAT, which is presently set at 5 percent.
- The majority of foreign entrepreneurs who wish to establish a firm on the United Arab Emirates mainland must collaborate with a local partner in order to succeed.
- Trading inside the United Arab Emirates: Businesses in free zones are not authorized to deal directly with the local market in the United Arab Emirates, however this restriction is readily circumvented.
- Alternatively, it is feasible to create your free zone firm and then subsequently expand your free zone company by opening branch offices around the United Arab Emirates.
- Support and assistance: The authorities of the free zone are on hand to provide assistance during the setup process and thereafter.
- Many may also assist with the creation of corporate bank accounts, advise on the best bank to fit your needs, and even organising meetings in-branch for you and your employees.
Protection of personal information: Finally, free zones are particularly popular with entrepreneurs who value their privacy because there is no open directory of firm ownership, and corporate information such as shareholder data is never made public.
What is a free zone and how to set up in one?
If you’re convinced of the advantages of operating in a free zone, there’s even more good news: setting up your firm requires only five simple steps. Step one: Select a business activity to engage in. The number of business activities to choose from is in the hundreds, and it is possible to choose many activities under a single licence. Your company’s operations will play a role in determining the cost of your license application as well as the free zone that is most appropriate for your needs.
- Choosing a company name may be difficult anywhere in the globe, but in the United Arab Emirates, where there are special restrictions governing naming standards, this is a chore you’ll want to do as soon as possible after starting your business.
- There are a few extra idiosyncrasies to the UAE naming procedure, therefore working with a company formation professional is recommended.
- Step three: Complete all of the necessary documentation and submit your application.
- Some free zones may also ask you to submit a business plan as part of the application process.
- It is advisable to consult with a business formation professional at this point, who can check that everything is in order before submitting your application, so avoiding any needless delays.
- You’ll be contacted as soon as your license application has been granted, allowing you to gather your company paperwork and start to work as quickly as possible.
- Your selected free zone, as well as a business formation specialist, will almost always be able to assist you in locating a suitable bank.
Step number five: Processing of visas.
It is possible to have free zone authorities or a company formation specialist manage this procedure on your behalf, aiding with your application and contacting with appropriate government agencies on your behalf.
All it takes is a few hours of your time and some simple documentation, and you could be trading from a free zone in the United Arab Emirates — and collecting the perks that come with it – within a few weeks.
Virtuzone takes care of everything so that you can concentrate on what really matters – growing your business.
Disclaimer The rules and regulations of the United Arab Emirates, as well as the price associated with business creation, are subject to change without notice.
Furthermore, the complete responsibility for any information included in external links is with the owner of the third-party website from which the connection was obtained.
Everything You Need to Know about Dubai Free zones
In layman’s terms, a “free zone” is an unique economic zone where company owners have the advantage of maintaining 100 percent control of their companies while also benefiting from tax exemptions. As a business owner, you have the right to keep all of the earnings you have earned and reinvest them back into your company. Free zones in Dubai, on the other hand, provide you with all of this and more. Here are eight compelling reasons why you should consider establishing a business in one of Dubai’s free zones.
- Dubai provides a tax-exempt environment, allowing you to invest your money and reap the greatest rewards and benefits while the rest of the world is overhauling its tax rules. Free zones provide 100 percent ownership of your firm, in contrast to the Certain Liability Company (LLC) clause, which restricts your involvement as a foreigner to a limited amount of shares in the company. Unlike other business environments, where you must have a local sponsor or promoter, under the legislation of the Dubai Free Zones, a single individual can establish a firm. Possibilities for ownership and leasing: Furthermore, you will be eligible for extra benefits such as 25-year lease options, assembling and manufacturing facilities, and warehousing facilities
- And Participate in more than one activity: If you are searching for a Dubai company setup, one advantage you will have is that you will not be constrained to carrying out only one type of business-related activity
- This is a significant advantage. Confidentiality in the workplace Relaxation of bank account regulations: In Dubai, you have the option of opening a bank account in your name. Renewal rates that are reasonable
- Wrap things up according to your wishes and prudence
Naturally, the Dubai Free Zone Company is divided into numerous categories based on the field of activity in which they are engaged in. If you are considering establishing a business in one of Dubai’s free zones, the information provided below will be beneficial.
- Aviation, education, finance, information and communication technology (ICT), information and logistics, media, tourism, and hospitality are some of the industries represented.
Dubai Aviation Citicorp-Dubai World Central (DWC) and Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) are two strategic aviation initiatives of the Government of Dubai, both of which aim to propel the economy in the right direction. Dubai Aviation Citicorp-Dubai World Central (DWC) and Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) The Al Maktoum International Airport is located just beneath the DWC. A total of 160 million people and 12 million tonnes of freight may be handled yearly by this facility, which is situated on 6.7km sq of land.
The Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ), on the other hand, is one of the fastest-growing free zones in the world, not only in Dubai, but around the world as well.
Because of its state-of-the-art infrastructure and sophisticated facilities, Dubai International Airport serves as a thriving economic hub for the region.
Dubai International Academic City and Dubai Knowledge Village are two of the most notable developments in Dubai. Dubai International Academic City is a one-stop-shop for investments in the higher education sector, as it is home to students from 137 different nations and offering more than 400 different education programmes. Facilities such as office and retail space, as well as business centers in the fields of human resource management and related fields, are available in Dubai knowledge villages.
The Dubai International Financial Center and the Gold Diamond Parks are two of the most prominent features of Dubai’s financial Free zone, which is home to a variety of businesses. With no restrictions on capital conversion or profit repatriation, the Dubai International Financial Centre is a Free zone devoted to integrating the economies of America, Europe, and Asia through international trade and investment. Several financial institutions, insurance companies, and consulting firms have established offices in Dubai.
As the name implies, GoldDiamond Park is a jeweler’s and shopper’s paradise that caters to the needs of both. You might consider becoming a member of the current club, which includes 118 manufacturers, 90 merchants, and 350 office spaces.
Information and communication technology (ICT)
Dubai Internet City, Dubai Outsource Zone, and Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority are examples of ICT facilities in the city. Dubai Internet City is the largest free zone IT setup in the Middle East, and it was established with the goal of assisting the growth of the telecom and information technology industries. Retail and office space in huge business parks, as well as advertising venue management services, are among the items and services that will be provided. As the name implies, the Dubai Outsource Zone facilitates the establishment of outsourcing businesses in the areas of contact center operations, business processes, human resources, information technology, and back-office operations, among others.
Industrial and logistics
The Jebel Ali free zone, often known as JAFZA Dubai, is the most important free zone of the Dubai government in terms of industrial space. In this 50 sq. ft. business center, over 6400 enterprises (including 120 Fortune 500 companies) are based and are prospering thanks to tax-free trade and a constantly expanding business environment.
TECOM Investment is a well-known brand in the world of business parks. In TECOM business parks, there are around 4500 enterprises functioning in the above-mentioned fields of information and communications technology, education, and manufacturing. TECOM has established the groundwork for Smart Cities such as SmartCity Malta, which is one of the most creative initiatives to be conducted in the Dubai business community. The Dubai Media City Free Zone and Studio City are home to some of the world’s most successful businesses in the media and advertising industries.
Aside from the Jumeirah Lakes Tower Free Zone (JLT Free Zone), there are additional undeclared Free zones such as the Dubai Health City, Meydan Free Zone, and the International Humanitarian City (IHC).
Dubai is home to some of the world’s most advanced infrastructure and sophisticated facilities.
We, at Commitbiz, are Company Setup Consultants in Dubai that can aid you in determining the most profitable business operational area and forming a business in a Dubai free zone to ensure that your business endeavor is as successful as it possibly can be.
What Is A Free Zone?
A free zone, also known as a free trade zone, is a geographically defined territory inside each emirate that has been designated as such. As a consequence of a mutual agreement reached between multiple nations to set up a customs-free zone in a specific region, a free zone can also be established. The fact that no customs or taxes are charged in the free zone contributes to the promotion of commerce, particularly the import and export of a wide range of products and services. If a number of nations come to an agreement to establish a common free zone, all trade restrictions are removed from the equation.
- This lack of regulatory restrictions draws businesses from all industries, encouraging them to migrate to the free zone or to establish new businesses there in the first place.
- Free zones, free port zones, and export processing zones are the three most important forms of free trade zones in the world.
- Further information may be found on the left-hand side of the page by selecting the appropriate menu item.
- A free trade zone can be designated or located anywhere within the country.
- Furthermore, a corporation might relocate its manufacturing facilities to another nation and then import the finished items into the free zone without having to pay any customs or sales taxes.
- In this case, the profits of the firm are retained in the free zone country and are not subject to taxation.
- If you have a seaport or an airport nearby, you can set up your own free trade zone there.
- Export and import of commodities are permitted at no cost through free ports.
- From the perspectives of finance, taxation, investment, and regulation, free port zones provide significant incentives for enterprises to locate in them.
- Recently, several free ports have added multimodal cargo handling as a new service option to their menu of available services.
- As a financial incentive for export-oriented manufacturing enterprises, economic zones (EPZ) are often located in developing nations and offer preferential customs laws (for example, on the importation of manufacturing equipment).
The following free trade zones are situated in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and are the most successful and internationally popular:
- A free zone, also known as a free trade zone, is a geographically defined region inside each emirate that has been designated for commercial purposes alone. As a consequence of a mutual agreement reached between multiple nations to set up a customs-free zone in a specific region, a free zone may also be established. The fact that no customs or taxes are charged in the free zone contributes to the promotion of commerce, particularly the import and export of a wide range of goods and commodities. The elimination of all trade obstacles occurs when numerous nations come to an agreement to establish a common free zone. Within the free zone, there are no customs or taxes to pay. As a result, enterprises from all industries are attracted to the free zone and encouraged to relocate there or to establish new businesses inside it. It is possible to secure or permit imports from third-party nations in a free zone, which helps to optimize the movement of products between the different countries within the zone. Free zones, free port zones, and export processing zones are the most common forms of free trade zones. The United Arab Emirates, notably the emirates of Ras Al Khaimah and Ajman, have a number of extremely successful free trade zones. The appropriate menu options on the left-hand side of the screen provide further information. It is possible to establish or situate a free trade zone anywhere inside a country’s borders. A free trade zone is a geographical area within a country. A large number of manufacturing and trade enterprises have taken advantage of the chance to shift their whole production line to these free zones, resulting in significant savings on the transportation and export of goods to other nations. Furthermore, a corporation might relocate its manufacturing facilities to another nation and then import the finished items into the free zone without having to pay any customs or sales taxes in the process. That is to say, a corporation may have its items manufactured in China, import them tax-free into the free zone, and then export them tax-free out of the free zone again. In this case, the profits of the firm are retained in the nation that hosts the free zone and are therefore tax-deductible. Examples of typical business activities in free zones include the handling and storage of goods in warehouses (which are often provided free of charge by the free zone), the packaging and sorting of individual products into smaller quantities or individual packages, as well as the inspection of distribution and freight hubs. If you have a seaport or an airport nearby, you can set up shop in a free port zone. Free port zones are established to relieve businesses of government constraints and to allow for the free movement of products across international border lines. Export and import of commodities are permitted at no cost through free ports. Tax exemption is ensured through free ports. From the perspectives of finance, taxation, investment, and regulation, free port zones provide enormous incentives for businesses to locate there. Within the boundaries of the free port, trade restrictions, banking rules, and official requirements for personnel are all reduced to some degree. The addition of multimodal cargo handling as a new service option has recently been implemented at several free ports. In the United States, an export processing zone (EPZ) is described as a region in which specific incentives and advantages are provided to foreign enterprises who are engaged in the manufacture of items for international exportation. As a financial incentive for export-oriented manufacturing enterprises, economic zones are often located in developing nations and offer favorable customs laws (for example, on the import of manufacturing equipment). Foreign exchange trading, the manufacturing of items for export, and the ability of enterprises outside of a free zone to deal with international firms are all ways that free zones link the region’s economy to that of the rest of the world. There are three free trade zones in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) that are particularly successful and well-known across the world:
Hong Kong is likewise regarded as a “free trade” zone with specific advantages.
Ras al Khaimah
Special benefits: As a shareholder, you may be eligible to apply for a ” investor visa,” which will allow you to live and work in the United Arab Emirates without restriction. Several types of investment visas may be available to companies. Benefittax exemption is granted to free zone firms, and they are recognized globally without limits.
Companies situated in the Dubai South free zone, like those headquartered in Ras al Khamai and Ajman, are eligible for a variety of tax breaks and exemptions. Shareholders of these firms may also be eligible for investor visas, which would allow them to live and work in the United Arab Emirates without restriction. Dubai South is also a free zone that has gained worldwide recognition.
Companies established in the Ajman Free Zone benefit from worldwide recognition as well as tax relief, among other benefits. The Ajman Free Zone provides a comprehensive package for business creation, which includes the renting of firm premises for a period of one year. It is possible to apply for several investor visas.
Other Free Zones
There are a plethora of options! In addition to the three free zones stated above, there are a plethora of other locations where you can establish your business. Depending on the items or services that your firm produces or provides, there may be a free zone that is especially tailored to your needs. No matter if you work in the media sector or the healthcare industry, we can assist you in establishing your firm in the free zone that is most appropriate for you.
Free Zone in Dubai, UAE: World’s #1 Free Trade Zone
Come and be a part of our award-winning community. Today, more than 20,000 firms, ranging from global corporations to start-ups, name the DMCC their headquarters. Every month, an additional 170 firms join us, with 95 percent of them being first-time visitors to Dubai. Every member organization, regardless of size or position, is united in the fact that they are able to take advantage of unrivaled access to world-class business services, connections, and infrastructure. More than 100,000 people live and work in the area, drawn here by the active community, gorgeous real estate, and high-quality lifestyle on offer.
DMCC is definitely “Made for Trade,” as evidenced by the awarding of the “Global Free Zone of the Year” by the Financial Times fDi magazine for the past seven years running.
Set up a new company
Come and be a part of our community by establishing your company with DMCC. Create a new corporation.
Open a branch
Are you looking to grow your company? At DMCC, you may establish a branch office for your current firm and benefit from the opportunity to do business in the world’s most vibrant center for global commerce. Establish a branch office.
Transfer a business
Transferring your company to DMCC is a simple and straightforward process that provides you with access to unrivaled services, worldwide markets, and a new platform to grow. Obtaining ownership of a company
Free Zone benefits
Learn about the numerous benefits of being a member of our Free Zone.
0% PERSONAL AND CORPORATE INCOME TAX
As an expatriate, you have the freedom to own 100 percent of the firm you are establishing and to send all earnings back to your home country with no limitations.
THRIVING BUSINESS CENTRE
Join a network of more than 20,000 member firms from 180+ countries and 20+ industry categories in a global marketplace with limitless prospects.
DMCC is strategically located in the heart of Dubai, within quick and easy access to both airports, the Jebel Ali Port harbour, and the Expo2020 site, while also being next to some of the most prominent visitor, shopping, and residential areas in the world.
LIVE AND WORK IN ONE VIBRANT COMMUNITY
There are more over 100,000 individuals that live and work in the DMCC. A high quality lifestyle with excellent restaurants, hotels, educational institutions, and healthcare can be had in this city with its outstanding coastline, attractive community park, and breathtaking skyline of 87 skyscrapers, among other features.
It is possible to find almost every type of business activity you can conceive of in the DMCC. You have the option of forming a branch, a subsidiary, or a new limited liability corporation. Flexi-desks and serviced offices are among the many flexible office alternatives we provide, ranging from single-floor offices to multi-storey buildings for lease or sale.
As a member of the DMCC, you will have access to everything you need for every stage of your business journey in one convenient location. You will be better prepared for success if you have simple access to additional resources that you can use to invest in building your firm.
ONLINE PORTAL FOR ALL SERVICES
You may access a wide range of services on the DMCC member site from any device, at any time, and from any location in the globe, demonstrating our dedication to innovation. This allows us to respond to requests as quickly as possible.
Explore our Free Zone
JLT is organized into alphabetically allocated clusters, each of which is distinct in terms of layout, purpose, and presentation. Our neighbourhood is also quite accessible, thanks to two metro stations and good public transportation options. Specifically, JLT is separated into alphabetically allocated clusters, each of which is distinct in terms of layout, purpose, and presentation. Our neighbourhood is also easily accessible, thanks to two metro stations and good public transportation options.
Building strategic partnerships
Take advantage of our broad network of partners that are eager to assist you in growing your business. Take advantage of our relationships with business partners from a variety of sectors that have been formed to assist you in growing your company. Take advantage of extra incentives and perks provided by our partners to make your business operations easier and to manage your firm more efficiently in DMCC.
What our members think
We want our members to express their opinions on the Free Zone. We take pleasure in attracting a wide variety of enterprises from across the world and in offering excellent performance while maintaining a highly linked Free Zone where your business may take root, expand, and continue to prosper.
We look forward to working with you. Some of our members share their thoughts on why the Free Zone works so well for them in this video. “We worked side by side, hand in hand.” “DMCC played an important role in preparing the way for us.”
Yousef Albarqawi, Regional Manager, Deliveroo
When you don’t have the correct partners behind you, ideas will always stay just that: ideas.
Ravi Bhusari, Co-founder and Managing Director, Duplays
“Because the whole diamond community is together in one location, everyone can trade more effectively, be more responsive, and have a greater understanding of the market.”
Vishal Mehta, Managing Director, Rosy Blue
Dubai-based UAE Freezones (a well-established online platform for Global Resources) has been created for entrepreneurs who have a business concept but lack the knowledge, resources, or experience necessary to take that concept to fruition and kickstart their business in the United Arab Emirates for more than a decade. In order to assist clever investors who wish to establish their operations in the United Arab Emirates, whether onshore or offshore, UAE Freezones provides a unique consultancy service that provides clear direction and assistance.
As one of the most influential agents in guiding foreign players towards globalization through the UAE market and vice versa, Global Resources has played a key role.
UAE Free Zones Offer
It is feasible to change the nation of jurisdiction while yet maintaining the legal identity of the firm. As a result, relocating a company’s domicile from one country to another is referred to as domiciliation. More information may be found here. The VAT implementation and continuing compliance are all aspects of which we can provide a comprehensive variety of services to assist you. More information may be found here.
Business in UAE Free Zones
Free Zones (also known as free trade zones) are intended to stimulate international trade by providing expatriates with 100 percent ownership of their businesses as well as the convenience of a single point of administration. Freezones in the United Arab Emirates are either related to ports or sector specialized. The United Arab Emirates has long been regarded as a commercial powerhouse, and the country’s economic success has been strongly tied with the entrepreneurial spirit of its citizens.
- The Free Zone Company can only conduct local business via the use of distributors who have been appointed by the local government.
- It is critical for you to understand the benefits and drawbacks of establishing a business in a free zone, as well as the risks associated with doing so in a location with advantageous rules and regulations for enterprises.
- Establishing a freezone business implies that you will be able to operate without being subjected to onerous customs regulations or other restricting frameworks.
- In order to encourage the growth of such businesses, the authorities with that region will assist you in the administration of your firm.
- Consequently, there will be no need for anxiety that your firm is always in the public eye as long as you adhere to the rules and regulations of the relevant authorities when conducting business in this location.
- For example, you might want to explore establishing a business in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, the Dubai Internet City Free Zone, or the Dubai Airport Free Zone, among other locations.
- When establishing a freezone institution, you should get advice from a team that has the knowledge and experience to guide you through the legal process.
After all, although they enable you to trade freely, they also want you to adhere to the rules and regulations in place.
The professionals assisting you with the setup will notify you of this need as well as the time frame in which the authority will take to review and approve your application before issuing a go-ahead for the project.
This application, as well as any supporting papers, must be submitted in order for your company to be registered.
When relocating to this location, you’ll want these legal documents to be in a format and structure that is recognized by the local legal authorities.
The team providing you with this assistance has the knowledge, abilities, and experience necessary to deal with such delicate issues in a professional and ethical manner while remaining within the legal framework of the region.
Prior to launching a firm, it is important to understand buyer behavior and consumer reaction in order to properly position your organization.
This type of study is necessary, and it would be foolish to proceed with the construction of a freezone without first gaining a thorough grasp of the challenges you will face.
The accuracy of this information is enhanced when it is obtained from someone who has supported other firms in the same location, since he or she is familiar with the loopholes and what may occur if the company is admitted as either a public or private corporation.
In addition, you will receive the appropriate services based on the area of competence of the firm you choose to do business with.
Having a team of professionals who give support in a range of industries and areas eliminates the possibility of forgetting any essential phases in the formation process, which might lead to regret later on.
In the event that you have previously conducted business outside of your home country, you are aware that one of your responsibilities is to ensure that your personnel or yourself is legally authorized to be inside the borders of the targeted country.
Whether you seek a visa for employment or a visa for a visit, you must make certain that this section is correctly addressed.
This will assist you in determining the parameters to maintain.
There is a lot for you to accomplish, and it all comes down to making sure your facts are correct and finding information that will guarantee your firm is approved and operates within the legal parameters of your chosen region’s legal standards.
You want to do the same and make certain that your firm will be able to withstand the animosity that comes with relocating to a new place; some of it will be beneficial, while other factors may show you that your company will not be able to survive.
Simply said, you must do your share. If you want to start a freezone business in a certain location, you must also study about its demographics, its languages, and its economics, in order to tailor whatever you bring on board to the market.
Starting a business in a UAE free zone
Starting a business in a free zone might provide a number of benefits over other locations. In order to assist clever investors who wish to establish their operations in the United Arab Emirates, whether onshore or offshore, UAE Freezones provides a customized consulting service that provides clear direction and assistance. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive selection of solutions that are both practical and cost-effective. We look forward to doing business with you in the near future! Please get in touch with us!
Starting a business in a free zone
The process of establishing a business in a free zone is pretty simple. The paperwork and time required by free zone officials are kept to a bare minimum. The following are the essential procedures in establishing a business in a free zone.
- In a free zone, it is quite simple to start a business. The paperwork and time required by free zone officials are kept to a bare minimum. To start a company in a free zone, follow these basic procedures.
Determine the sort of legal entity you want to create. Determine the sort of legal entity that your company would operate under. In a free zone, you can establish one of two sorts of businesses: manufacturing and distribution.
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC) or Free Zone Company (FZ Co.)
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC) or Free Zone Company (FZ Co.)
The distinctions are in the number of shareholders and whether or not the shareholder is a natural person or a legal person, among other things. It is possible that not all free zones will accept both sorts of businesses. It is necessary to verify with individual free zone authorities to see what kind of businesses they are permitted to register. Consult the list of free zones and the authorities in charge of them. In this article, you will learn about new company establishment packages in the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC).
- Capital expenditures are required.
- In KIZAD, you can register a limited liability company (LLC) with a minimum paid-up capital of AED 150,000.
- Each share should be worth AED 1000, and there should be 100 shares in total.
- A minimum of AED 1 million in share capital is required for a firm to be granted a General Trading Licence in the United Arab Emirates.
- Decide on a business name.
- It is usually best to verify with either the relevant free zone authority or the relevant Department of Economic Development about the authorized trade names and whether the proposed name has already been registered before going through with the registration process.
Consult the DMCC’s list of banned trade names for more information (PDF, 207 KB). In general, the primary conditions for DED approval of a proposed trade name are that the trade name meet the following criteria:
- It must not be in violation of public morals or public order in the country
- It must be consistent with the legal form of the company, for example (LLC, FZE, DMCC, etc.)
- It must not have been previously registered
- It must be compatible with the required type of activity and legal status
- It must not contain the names of any religion or governing authority, nor the names or logos of any external bodies
- And it must not contain the names or logos of any external bodies.
Sites related to this one:
- Obtaining a trade name registration using the Abu Dhabi portal
- Doing a trade name search through the Abu Dhabi Government site
- Trade name search courtesy of Dubai Economy
- Trade name inquiry courtesy of Sharjah Economic Development Department
- Trade name issuance courtesy of Sharjah Economic Development Department
Make an application for a business license. The sort of business license you will need to get will be determined by the core activity of your company. There are several different types of business activity that you might engage in. In twofour54, you may do the following types of business activities:
- Marketing, advertising, animation, corporate film production, corporate print material, digital content production (such as computer generated imagery, 3D, etc.), educational content material, film production, gaming development, graphic design, and illustration are all examples of services available. Mobile media (for example, material for interactive media services delivered via mobile phones)
- Online electronic content creation (websites, e-books, travel guides, etc.)
- Music production and recording
- Music videos
- The arts of performance and theatre
- Production of print material (e.g. magazines, journals, periodicals, newsletters, guidebooks, and handbooks, among other things)
- Web design and development (for example, portals, search engines, social networking sites, web production, and online libraries)
- Radio content creation
- Script writing
- Software development (for example apps)
- Songwriting and composing
- Television production
Various other commercial operations
- The following industries are represented: branding agency
- Information services (for example, media related market research)
- Marketing communications
- Media content management (for example, digital archiving)
- Post production (e.g. television and film editing services)
- Professional associations (for example, non-profit organizations)
- Public relations
- Rights management
- Training (for example, media-related).
Publishing and broadcasting are two different things.
- A book or magazine or newspaper can be published. A satellite/terrestrial television channel or a satellite/terrestrial radio channel can also be broadcasted.
Create a book, a magazine, a newspaper, a satellite/terrestrial television station, a satellite/terrestrial radio channel, etc.
It is possible to establish’single family offices’ at the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC). These follow the conventional FZ LLC organizational structure. They can give services to a family individual, a family company, a family corporation (corporate structure), or a family trust, amongst other things. It might be owned by one or more individuals, or it can be owned by a corporate body in which all shareholders are members of the same family, for example. Select an office location. In free zones, you have the option of purchasing or leasing office space.
- There are several options at DMCC, including a flexi desk of 20-30 square meters, a flexible office of 200-265 square meters, and offices that span multiple floors and total up to 2,000 square meters apiece.
- The Hamriyah Free Zone Authority offers approximately 100 executive office suites ranging in size from 15 m2 to 42 m2, all of which are equipped with conference and internet access.
- Companies that are founded in free zones are subject to the norms and regulations of the individual free zones.
- In accordance with the kind of economic activity, corporate structure, and regulations of the relevant free zone authority, a list of papers is compiled.
- You are needed to supply the following information:
- Completing the application form
- Submitting a business plan
- Submitting a copy of your current trade license/registration certificate (if you are an established firm
- This is only relevant to local companies)
- Passport photos with color copies of the company’s shareholder(s) and the newly appointed Manager/Director for the new corporation
- Formal signatures of the firm’s shareholder/s and the newly appointed Manager/Director for the new company are required. 2 years’ worth of audited financial reports for a corporate entity or a letter of recommendation from a personal bank of the individual shareholder
- A letter of recommendation from the present sponsor (for individuals)
- Deed of conveyance for the unit
- Documents required: Letter of Intent
- Registry Identification Code (RIC) for Manager/Director (original and notarized)
Freelancers must provide fewer documentation than employees. In the majority of circumstances, they must supply the following:
- Application for registration
- Curriculum vitae
- Bank reference letter
- Registry Identification Code (RIC) (original and notarized)
- And any other documentation as required.
Application for registration; curriculum vitae; bank reference letter; Registry Identification Code Form (RIC) (original and notarized); and other documents as required.
- The completed and notarized registration application
- The Board Resolution appointing the Manager/Director (notarized and attested)
- (Notarized and certified) Power of Attorney granted to Manager/Director Note that the Memorandum and Articles of Association (notarized and attested) are required. Representative signature of the Manager/Director (notarized and certified)
- Photograph of the Manager/Director at passport size on a white backdrop
- Information about the company’s stock capital
C. The licensing and visa application process
- It will be the authority’s responsibility to create lease agreements. After that, a business license will be given. The processing of visas will begin.
Please keep in mind that certain actions may be subject to clearance by external authorities. Please refer to the specific instances.
What are the conditions for making a capital investment in a business? These differ depending on the type of company and the authority in charge of the free zone. What kinds of enterprises may I start up in a free zone and how can I get started?
You may run any type of business in any industry, including financial, educational, retail, hotel, and media, to mention a few examples. Inquire with the relevant free zone authorities about the types of enterprises that are authorized on their grounds.
10 benefits of UAE free zones
Free zones in the United Arab Emirates are a key draw for international investors and businesses looking to expand their operations in the country. But what exactly are they and what advantages do they provide are not well understood. Leevyn Isabel, Associate Director, investigates. A government requirement before the adoption of the Foreign Direct Investment Law in late 2018 stated that at least 51 percent of the shares in a firm must be held by a UAE person. Due to the resulting economic development, free zones were developed in order to entice foreign enterprises to the region who desired to maintain complete control over their operations.
What is a free zone?
Most free zones in the United Arab Emirates are not guarded or gated, but they are physically delineated regions inside the country that allow 100 percent foreign ownership and are often dedicated to a certain sector (although some are). Their construction was financed mostly by public funds, and many of them are equipped with cutting-edge technology to promote strategic change in major industries (for example, banking). Dubai Media City, a free zone in the emirate of Dubai, contains infrastructure and licenses that are tailored to the demands of the media sector, as an example of what is possible.
Therefore, each free zone has its own set of specific requirements regarding minimum capital requirements, office or warehouse space, and permitted activities; each free zone must also have the appropriate licenses and legislation in place to allow their dedicated industry to flourish, as described above.
Benefits of free zones
With more than 50 different free zones spread around the United Arab Emirates, and many more in the planning stages, free zones have contributed to making the UAE an appealing alternative for international enterprises wishing to move or grow their worldwide presence. The following are some of the most prevalent advantages of conducting business in a UAE free zone:
- Foreign ownership constitutes 100 percent of the firm. Having access to world-class logistical infrastructure
- A huge pool of ethnic, highly competent workers is readily available. Benefits from economies of concentration (as a result of the industrial zones set aside for certain sectors)
- Recruitment of overseas personnel is made easier by the fact that all free zones provide one-stop-shop services for work permits. Tax exemptions – which are normally provided for 15 or 50 years. a complete exemption from all import and export taxes
- Capital and earnings are fully repatriated in their entirety. Tax breaks for corporations for a period of up to 50 years
- Eligibility to apply for a Tax Residency Certificate in the United Arab Emirates
Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”)
The Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) is widely regarded as the most important financial center in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia area, according to the World Bank. The DIFC free zone differs from other free zones in the United Arab Emirates in that it has its own judicial system and separate rules that are governed by English Common Law principles. In addition to the characteristics listed above, the DIFC has the following important characteristics:
- Access to the laws and courts (including the arbitration system) based on English Common Law is guaranteed
- Obtaining access to the DIFC Will and Probate Registry
- Access to a reputable and worldwide stock market that offers both main and secondary listings of debt and equity securities
- A significant variety of regulated, non-regulated, and financial activity licenses are available for selection
- A platform for gaining access to regional riches and investment possibilities
A flexible and welcoming business climate for financial enterprises looking to grow their worldwide presence is provided by the DIFC, which has over 65 big funds based there and well over 2000 entities registered within its regulatory boundaries. To learn more about how Ocorian’s UAE office may assist you, please visit this page.