|RTA FEE||RTA Vehicle Testing||170|
|RTA Car Registration Renewal (valid for one year)||380|
- NEW CAR REGISTRATION CHARGES IN DUBAI For those looking to register a new car in Dubai, the cost will be AED 420. Additionally, if you have not had any previous fines, you will need to open a traffic file, which will cost an additional AED 220.
How much does vehicle registration cost in Dubai?
Car registration renewal service fee in Dubai Vehicle registration renewal charges in Dubai are: Renewal fees: AED 380. Vehicle Technical Inspection charges (if required): AED 170. Courier service charges: AED 25.
How much is car registration renewal in Dubai?
It takes AED 380 to renew car registration online in Dubai. The RTA renewal is valid for a year. Additional charges include the courier fee of AED 25. For the next three months, you don’t have to pay vehicle technical inspection fees, which amounts to AED 170.
How much is registration renewal in UAE?
Apply for Vehicle Renewal
- 350 AED Light vehicle private/public.
- 400 AED private vehicle between 3 and 12 tonnes.
- 650 AED public vehicle between 3 and 12 tonnes.
- 800 AED vehicle exceeding 12 tonnes.
- 1,000 AED public vehicle exceeding 12 tonnes.
- 500 AED private light mechanical equipment.
When can I renew my car registration in Dubai?
Process of Car Registration Renewal in Dubai Vehicle owners get a grace period of 30 days after their vehicle registration expires every year. If you apply for the renewal after the allotted flexible period, an additional fee will be charged.
How much is vehicle testing in Dubai?
The vehicle testing fee in Dubai costs 150 AED. Once approved, the new registration sticker should be pasted on the rear license plate.
Is car insurance expensive in Dubai?
As per the set rules and mentioned above, the cars that have a market price of more than 300,000 AED, the average insurance rate applicable in Dubai is around 2.75%. For other cars which cost anywhere between 100,000 AED and 300,000 AED, the average car insurance Dubai price is 3%.
Can I drive car with expired registration?
Yes, you will get fine against driving a car with expired registration. You may be fined if you drive a non-registered car. The grace period is for the renewal of car registration is 30 days where you can renew without registration fine.
Can I drive my car with expired registration in Dubai?
Every car in UAE gets a grace period of 30 days after the expiration of the previous registration. You can drive the car during this grace period and treat it as a regular insurance period as well.
Can we drive car after Mulkiya expiry?
If your vehicle registration expires you get a grace period of 30 days from the date of expiry. The grace period is issued to maintenance work for the vehicle. Moreover, it is illegal to drive with expired insurance. If you are caught then you will be penalised hefty fines minimum of AED 500.
Can I renew my car registration without paying fines in Dubai 2021?
Dubai motorists can now renew their vehicle registration without paying traffic fines under a new scheme. It’s part of a discount initiative revealed in February under which drivers don’t have to pay penalties if they follow specified rules for set periods of time.
Can I renew my car registration without Emirates ID?
To renew your car driving licence and registration, you must have a valid UAE residency visa, passport and Emirates ID. You can register with the Ministry of Interior app using your UAE PASS details or with your Emirates ID.
Can I renew my car registration online in Dubai?
Renew Your Car Registration Online You can simply do this by visiting the online website of RTA or by downloading and accessing the RTA Dubai mobile app. You will be required to submit a valid proof of your car insurance Dubai and your UAE residency in order to take your application forward.
How can I renew Mulkiya car?
How to Renew Mulkiya Online? To renew Mulkiya online you will need a vehicle inspection certificate along with vehicle insurance. Log on to RTA, MOI or TAMM website to clear your pending fines. Once everything checks out, you can pay the fees for the procedure and apply for Mulkiya renewal.
Car Registration in Dubai: Renewal, Fees & More
Regardless of whether you purchase a new or old vehicle, registration is required before you can drive it throughout Dubai. RTA attempts to make the process as easy and straightforward as possible for all participants. You only need to take care of the prerequisites and follow a few basic procedures to complete the task at hand. Today, we’ll walk you through the automobile registration procedure for both new and used vehicles in Dubai, as well as the costs connected with the process, so stay tuned.
How to Get Your New Car Registered
If you are planning to purchase a new automobile of your choosing, the dealer will often complete the registration papers before giving over the keys to your new vehicle. Especially if this is not the case for whatever reason, registration of new automobiles in Dubai is rather simple, even if you are doing it yourself (which is highly recommended). Visiting an approved RTA service center or service provider with any of the following documents is all that is required to begin the automobile registration process:
- Dubai-issued residency visa
- Rental agreement in the automobile owner’s names
- Proof of work inside Dubai
- And other documents as required by the Dubai Immigration Department
Mandatory Documents for Registration of New Cars in Dubai
Dubai-issued residency visa; rental agreement in the automobile owner’s names; proof of work inside Dubai; and other documents as required by the Dubai Immigration Department
- Original Emirates identification card
- A photocopy of the passport
- A traffic file for the new vehicle
- Vehicle Customs Card or Possession Certificate in the United Arab Emirates
- In either a hardcopy or a softcopy format, a sales agreement between a showroom and a customer is provided. A letter of authorisation from the automobile dealership
- Certificate of Car Insurance from a reputable insurance company in the United Arab Emirates (having your car insured is a legal requirement for all automobiles in Dubai). Car insurance policies are typically good for a minimum of 12 months)
- Letter from the bank (if the automobile was purchased with the help of a loan from a bank)
After you have sorted out your paperwork, you may visit any of the RTA’s Customer Happiness Centers, as well as any Tasjeel, Wasel, or Mumayaz Testing Centers. Submit the needed documentation and pay any service costs that may be incurred. After you have paid the new automobile registration costs, you will receive the new vehicle license card (also known as Mulkiya), car number plate, and vehicle expiration stickers. The cost of registering a brand-new automobile is AED 420 in the UAE. Although it is understandable that the new car would not have a traffic file, creating one is essential and would cost you AED 220.
How to Get a Used Car Registered in Dubai
In the emirate, there is a significant market for pre-owned automobiles. Documents necessary for the registration of a second-hand automobile in Dubai include the following:
- Traffic file
- A valid Vehicle Technical Inspection Certificate (if a used automobile does not pass the technical testing phase, it is sent back for retesting once the necessary repairs are made)
- And a valid Vehicle Registration Certificate. Insurance for automobiles
- Both the buyer and the seller must present their original Emirates IDs. A copy of the buyer’s resident visa
- A copy of the buyer’s passports
- A copy of the seller’s vehicle license or Mulkiya
- And a copy of the buyer’s passports.
The following documents are required: a traffic file; a valid Vehicle Technical Inspection Certificate (if a used automobile does not pass the technical testing phase, it is sent back for retesting after the necessary repairs); and a valid Vehicle Registration Certificate. Insurance for motor vehicles; Both the buyer and the seller must present their original Emirates identification cards. In addition to a copy of the buyer’s residence visa and a copy of the buyer’s passport, the buyer must provide the seller with a copy of the seller’s vehicle license or Mulkiya.
- AED 170 for a vehicle inspection test
- AED 220 for a traffic file (if one does not already exist)
- AED 350 for a transfer of ownership
- AED 50 for a selling fee. AED 20 is charged for knowledge and innovation.
Inspection of the vehicle costs AED 170, and the traffic file costs AED 220 if one does not already exist. The transfer of ownership costs AED 350, and the selling fee costs AED 50, as well. An AED 20 fee is charged for knowledge and creativity.
- Toyota used vehicles in Dubai, Nissan second hand cars in Dubai, BMW cars in Dubai, and Ford automobiles in Dubai are just a few examples of what you may find in the UAE’s second-hand car market.
Car Registration Renewal in Dubai
Toyota used vehicles in Dubai, Nissan second hand cars in Dubai, BMW cars in Dubai, and Ford automobiles in Dubai are just a few examples of what you may find in the UAE’s secondhand car market.
- Pay off any outstanding fines against your vehicle. Payments for fines may be done quickly and conveniently on the RTA’s official website or through the application. If you have any outstanding fines or points on your license, go to any of the Dubai Police stations to get them resolved. It is recommended that if your automobile is more than three years old, you get it examined at an RTA-approved testing center such as Shamil, Wasel, or Tasjeel. If your vehicle does not pass the technical inspection stage, you will be responsible for making the necessary repairs. The vehicle will be subjected to another round of testing. Once your application has been approved, you may begin the process of renewing your automobile registration in Dubai. Like purchasing a used car, you may have a second-hand vehicle renewed at an approved RTA happiness center or through the RTA’s online service center. Upon completion of the renewal process and payment of the renewal price, you will be issued a new vehicle license card number, along with new expiration stickers.
Where to renew your car registration in Dubai
You may renew your vehicle registration by completing the following steps:
- Vehicle Testing Centers: Wasel, Shamil, Mumayaz, or Tasjeel
- RTA Mobile Application: Google Play|Apple Store
- Official RTA Website
- RTA Call Centers
- RTA Customer Happiness Centers
- Self-service kiosks
- RTA Customer Happi
Furthermore, you may reach out to the Road and Transport Authority at 800-90-90 if you have any further concerns concerning the registration and renewal processes.
Car registration renewal service fee in Dubai
The following are the fees for renewing a vehicle registration in Dubai:
- Renewal costs: AED 380
- Vehicle Technical Inspection fees (if applicable): AED 170
- Courier service expenses: AED 25
- Late fine: AED 25 (per month after the grace period has expired)
- Late fines: AED 25 (per month after the grace period has expired).
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CAR REGISTRATION RENEWAL IN DUBAI
For the purpose of renewing an automobile registration in Dubai, the following papers are required:
- For automobile registration renewal in Dubai, the following papers must be presented:
HOW TO CHECK VEHICLE REGISTRATION EXPIRY DATE IN DUBA I
You may verify the expiration date of a car registration in Dubai by following the procedures outlined below.
- Visit the RTA’s official website for further information. Select ‘Check Vehicle Expiry’ from the drop-down menu. Enter the license plate number and the vehicle’s expiration date will be shown.
The registration of a car is normally valid for one year, so keep track of when it expires and renew it as soon as possible.
FAQs About Car Registration in Dubai
In the United Arab Emirates, car registration renewal must be completed on an annual basis. The driver gets a 30-day grace period following the expiration date of their vehicle’s registration in order to renew the registration.
Can people register several cars under their name in Dubai?
Yes, there is no restriction on the number of automobiles that can be registered in an individual’s name. In layman’s words, we detailed the procedure of registering brand new automobiles, used cars, and the process of renewing a driver’s license in Dubai. Registration of both new and old automobiles in Dubai is straightforward if you have all of the necessary documentation. We hope that this information has assisted you in understanding all of the criteria and preparing appropriately. Keep an eye on the best auto blog in the UAE for additional information on the rules and regulations that govern automobile purchasing and selling in the UAE.
ProcessThrough the use of a website and a smart application
- The consumer provides the needed information
- The RTA confirms that the insurance is current and that the vehicle has a valid technical inspection
- The fees are paid by the consumer using a credit card. The ownership certificate and sticker are delivered to the consumer via one of the following channels:
- Using the Customer Happiness Center in Deira or Al Barsha, or the Self-Service Machines, you may complete your purchase by inputting the necessary information. The service is provided to the user by the printer of the Self Service Machine
Self-Service Machines are a good example of this.
- The consumer chooses from a variety of online services. The RTA ensures that the car has proper insurance and that its technical inspection is up to date. Following this, the consumer continues to the requested service and provides the vehicle’s information. The fees are covered by the consumer. When the consumer purchases a Self Service Machine, he or she will receive an ownership certificate and a sticker from the printer.
Utilizing the services of vehicle registration and inspection centers
- The consumer travels to the service provider’s location, where he provides the necessary documentation. The car is inspected at the center. The fees are covered by the consumer. The purchaser will be given the ownership certificate as well as the sticker, if applicable.
Utilizing an Information Technology (IT) Call Center
- The consumer dials the 8009090 number to reach the Call Center. It is the customer’s desire to have his or her car ownership certificate renewed. The fees are paid by the consumer using a credit card. The temporary ownership is communicated to the consumer through email. The certificate and sticker are delivered to the consumer via one of the following channels:
- Using the Customer Happiness Center in Deira or Al Barsha, or the Self-Service Machines, you may complete your purchase by inputting the necessary information. The service is provided to the user by the printer of the Self Service Machine
The average amount of time spent waiting
- Online channels are available immediately
- Self-service machines are available immediately
- Vehicle registration and inspection centers are available in 5 minutes
- And the call center is available immediately.
What you may expect to get Terms and conditions are outlined below.
- The consumer must be able to pass the traffic safety examination. The customer is responsible for insuring the car. Customers who are late in renewing their vehicle ownership are subject to late fines, which are calculated depending on the vehicle type and the length of time the vehicle has been out of service. A quad bike, trailer, or semi-trailer are all eligible for insurance coverage if you renew your ownership of them. If the customer wishes to renew the ownership of a vehicle that is currently located outside of the country, the customer must present an inspection certificate that has been approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE embassy of the country in question, in addition to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the UAE. The consumer must bring it to one of the technical inspection centers within one month after receiving it. Citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council nations are excluded from ratification of the documents. Commercial companies, fleet owners, and facility managers must ensure that there are no stumbling blocks or circulars in the vehicle file or the file of the company that owns the vehicle
- And The client has the option to renew the ownership of a car up to 150 days before the vehicle’s expiration date. It is necessary for the consumer to pay up any outstanding traffic penalties before using this service. Company applications for this service must be submitted on the internet (the same condition applies to individuals whose cars do not require a technical examination in their initial 3 years of registration)
- During the first year following the date of registration, commercial vehicles acquired from a local dealer and approved by the Ministry of Economy are free from the requirement to undergo technical examination. The following locations must be visited for the examination of the historic vehicles:
- Al Warsan Tasjeel
- Wasel Nad Al Hammar
- Wasel Belhasa
- Tamam Vehicle Testing
- AG Cars Vehicle Testing – Al Mamzar
- Al Mutakamela Vehicles Testing
- Barsha Tasjeel
- Al Warsan Tasjeel
- Al Mut
- When a vehicle’s ownership has ended, the rules of re-registration apply. The car is registered and renewed for three years without the need for a technical inspection if it was acquired via a local authorized agency. This is applicable to persons only.
- Question 1: In the event of an expired car ownership certificate, what are the fines that the customer will be expected to pay
- And Question 2:
Question 1: In the event of an expired car ownership certificate, what are the fines that the customer is obligated to pay; and, Question 2:
- Question 2: Is it necessary to conduct frequent inspections of cars owned by governmental and semi-governmental organizations and businesses?
Answer 2: Yes, cars must be subjected to a technical inspection on an annual basis.
- Question 3: If the client owns more than one car, which one is regarded to be the more important in terms of registration renewal?
ANSWER 3: If the client owns two or more automobiles, he must always begin by renewing or deleting ownership of the automobile whose registration on his traffic file expired first.
- 4th question: If the car is registered in another emirate, and the client holds a residency visa issued by that country, is he permitted to renew the car’s ownership in Dubai?
Answer 4: Individuals are the only ones who can renew their ownership in Dubai, and they can only do it at the Customer Happiness Centers located in Deira, Um Ramool, Al Aweer, Al Barsha, and Al Manara, respectively.
- Is it possible for a client to renew the ownership of a car in Dubai even though he is a resident of another emirate and the vehicle is registered in another emirate?
Is it possible for a client to renew the ownership of a car in Dubai if he is a resident of another emirate and the vehicle is registered in another emirate?
- Question 6: Is it possible for a client to transfer ownership of a car registered in Dubai to another emirate?
Answer 6: Individual customers are able to renew ownership of a car registered in Dubai in another emirate if the vehicle is currently registered in Dubai.
- Is it possible for a client with a residency visa from another emirate to renew the ownership of a car that was previously registered outside of Dubai?
Answer 7: If the client holds a residency visa from an emirate other than Dubai, he or she can renew the ownership of a car that was previously registered in that emirate.
- The legitimacy of the technical test is the subject of question number eight.
A technical test is valid for 30 days from the date of its issuing, according to the answer 8.
- A technical exam is valid for 30 days from the date of its issue, according to the answer number 8.
In response to question 8, the technical examination is valid for 30 days from the date of its issuing.
- Question 10: What is the duration of the tyres’ validity when the ownership is renewed?
Respondent number ten: According to the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, the validity of tires is limited to no more than five years from the date of manufacture. The client is responsible for replacing damaged tyres in order to pass the inspection test. Please keep in mind that in order to view the vehicle, the buyer must produce a valid registration card.
- Respondent number ten: According to the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, the tire’s shelf life is no more than five years from the date of manufacture. The client is responsible for replacing damaged tyres in order to pass the safety inspection. Please keep in mind that in order to view the vehicle, the buyer must produce a valid driver’s license.
Answer 11: In the case of a brand new car purchased from an accredited car agency, which has never been preregistered, and which has a valid custom certificate, the registration can be renewed on an annual basis for the first three years without the need to undergo a technical test, provided that the renewal is completed one day before the registration expiration date. Please keep in mind that every change of ownership, even if it occurs during the first three years, will necessitate a technical examination.
- Question 12: Is it necessary for the client to change any information when submitting an application for this service through online channels?
Whenever a consumer applies for this service using an internet channel, they are required to update their insurance information in the traffic system (through their insurance provider) and to provide updated information about their vehicle inspection, if applicable (through the inspection centre).
- Question 13: When is it necessary for the customer to verify the cars registered under the company’s traffic file
Answer 13: Vehicles registered under the business’s traffic file are required to be examined once a year after they are first registered with the firm. The corporation has the option to renew the vehicle’s ownership certificate up to 149 days before it expires.
- Question 14: What are the procedures that a client must take if he owns more than one car and wishes to renew or terminate ownership after the vehicle’s lease has expired?
Answer 14: If the vehicle is new and the client delays the renewal of its ownership for more than 6 months from the date of the initial renewal, the vehicle must pass a technical inspection test before the registration can be completed. This is true even if the vehicle is brand new.
- Question 15: Does the RTA accept universal inspection tests for the purpose of renewing car ownership?
Answer 15: No, these tests are not accepted by the RTA.
- A vehicle cancellation from the traffic system is defined as follows: Question 16:
An ownership certificate, a transfer certificate, or an export certificate are all forms of cancellation that are used to remove a vehicle from the transportation network. The consumer must submit the original Emirates ID as well as a duplicate of the ID in order to cancel the car.
- When a customer’s lapsed car registration expires after two months, what happens is the subject of question 17.
In response to question 17, the traffic file will be blocked after three months, and the client will be notified through SMS.
- Question 18: When was the implementation of the ownership e-card for persons completed?
Answer number 18:
- Phase 1 began on January 1, 2018, and included government, rental, and taxi cars
- Phase 2 began on May 1, 2018, and included diplomatic and business vehicles
- And Phase 3 began on September 1, 2018, and included individual automobiles. Phase 3 began on September 1, 2018.
- Question 19: What is an ownership e-card, and what information does it contain?
In response to question 19, the ownership e-card is a digital document known as a Vehicle Licence that is provided to the client through email. It contains all of the ownership information, including the expiration date, mortgage, and insurance information. This e-card is supplied by the Road and Transport Authority, and the client is required to print it or keep it on his phone in order to present it to the appropriate authorities as required.
- 20.How can the client print the ownership e-card or any other document in the event that they did not receive an email or if they wish to verify the vehicle data, renewal date, and insurance information
If you use the Document Validation service and pick the service type “Vehicle Licence,” you may print your ownership e-card by entering your vehicle’s information and clicking “Print Order.”
- Question 21: What information is included on the car license?
Answer 21:The car license contains all of the information on the vehicle, including the expiration date, the mortgage information, and the insurance information.
It is delivered to the consumer through email in a printable format.
- The customer’s e-card must be presented to police patrols or officers, as well as to the Licensing Department, in order to prove ownership.
Answer 22: The consumer presents the ownership e-card, which may be found in RTA applications and saved on his phone, or a printed copy of the ownership e-card, as proof of ownership.
- QUESTION 23: What documentation is necessary while crossing borders into the Gulf Cooperation Council or other nations
Answer number 23:
- Citizens of the United Arab Emirates and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC): a hard copy of the motor license
- Non-GCC nationals must provide a hard copy of their driver’s license, tourist certificate, and travel ticket.
- Customers must provide a hard copy of their driver’s license, tourist certificate, and travel ticket.
- Question 24: How does the consumer gain access to his or her insurance information?
Answer 24:The insurance information is included on the ownership e-card, which can be accessed through the RTA smart application, as well as on the physical copy of the vehicle license.
- Question 25: How does the consumer gain access to his or her mortgage information?
The customer’s mortgage information may be accessed through question 25.
- Question 26: What happens if the ownership information is changed or updated?
Answer 26:When a change is made to a vehicle’s data, such as the plate number or the color, the information is updated on the vehicle’s ownership e-card as well as the vehicle’s license.
- Question 27:Can the vehicle license be printed through the customer care center if the consumer does not have an RTA application on file?
Answer to Question 27:Can a vehicle license be produced through the customer care center if the consumer does not have an RTA application on hand?
- Question number 28: Is the client required to update the car license after the electronic ownership phase has been implemented?
Answer 28:The ownership certificate is only changed when the vehicle is renewed, when a lost or damaged license is replaced, or when there is a change in the ownership document, such as a change in color or plate number, or when a mortgage is added or redeemed.
- Question 29: In the event that the transaction is completed but the client does not get a text message or email containing the car license, how does the consumer find out when his or her ownership will expire?
In response to question 29, the customer can check his personal information by calling the RTA Call Center at 8009090, or he can print his vehicle ownership e-card through theDocument Validation service by selecting service type “Vehicle Licence” and entering the vehicle details to show the print order on the screen.
- Client Service Question 30: How can a customer verify the expiration date of their driver’s license?
Answer 30: The car’s expiration date may be determined by looking at the vehicle license or by receiving brief messages delivered to the customer’s mobile phone number.
Vehicle Registration Renewal in Dubai – Steps & Fees
If you own a car, one of the most important tasks you have to complete is the renewal of your vehicle’s license plate. With the recent introduction of an online registration renewal process, renewing a vehicle’s registration has become even simpler. The following are the processes and procedures to follow in order to register your vehicle in Dubai. Annual automobile registration renewal should be completed only once a year. If you own a new car, the dealer from which you purchased the car will take care of the car renewal for the first year after the registration, after which the responsibility for the renewal will fall on your shoulders.
Check: Insurance providers for automobiles in Dubai Your car registration can be covered through any of the insurance providers that are listed on this page.
- The Noor Takaful Company, Oman Insurance, Fujairah Insurance, and RSA Insurance are all examples of insurance companies in the Middle East.
Vehicle Registration Renewal procedure
In order to proceed with your registration renewal, you must pay close attention to the stages listed below.
Make sure that you clear all the fines
Keep in mind that before you proceed with your automobile registration renewal, you must first pay up all of the fines that have been levied on you. The RTA website and RTA mobile application allow you to pay traffic fines in Dubai without having to deal with any difficulty or stress. You may pay traffic fines in Dubai via the RTA website or RTA mobile application.
When it comes to the rejuvenation, this is the second most essential item to concentrate on. Having your automobile tested if it is more than three years old is a wise decision. You may take your vehicle to any of the RTA or ADNOC testing stations and receive a pass certificate from them if it passes the test. This stage is often performed to determine whether or not the vehicle is suitable for driving on the road under which the tires, steering, braking, chassis, and other components are accessed.
Following the expiration of the test’s validity period of 30 days, the test becomes invalid. If the validity period expires or if your vehicle fails the inspection, the vehicle must be retested. This exam will take 40 minutes and will cost AED 170. The time required for this test is 40 minutes.
Ways to Renew your Vehicle Registration
Online car registration renewal is available through the RTA website or the RTA mobile application. After logging onto the RTA website or app, choose your automobile, provide all of the necessary documentation, and confirm the delivery method with a confirmation message. You can obtain your registration through any of the offices and have it sent to you by courier. The application registration procedure takes about 5 working days to complete from the date of payment of the application registration costs.
Vehicle Registration RenewalOffline
In order to pay the fees for renewing your car registration, you must go to the office and stand in a long line. Your new vehicle registration card will be issued to you when you have paid the costs, which amount to Dh 350. You will be handed a new registration sticker with an expiration date on it. You may now apply this sticker on the number plate of your automobile, which will replace the previous number plate, and you are through with the process.
No plastic registration cards
In recent years, it has been possible to replace or eliminate the need of physical registration cards by replacing them with virtual registration cards. The RTA launched a project called “My vehicle,” under which e registration cards are issued with everlasting validity, as opposed to the registration cards that were previously used, which had an expiration date. Nonetheless, you must renew your vehicle every year and take it to one of the RTA-approved testing facilities to get it inspected.
Documentation required for thevehicle registration renewal
- The vehicle’s insurance certificate
- The vehicle’s old registration card
- The vehicle’s passed or test certificate
Car Registration Fee in Dubai
- The test of the automobile will cost you AED 150, and the registration will cost you AED 350.
What if you don’t have time for thevehicle registration renewal?
- By paying a small additional cost to the firms, you may have all of your processes completed, including collecting and returning the automobile to you. For further information, contact your insurance carrier
- If you are unable to register your vehicle due to a conflict in schedule, you can use the RTA’s newly established “Personal appearance service.” A representative can be sent by you along with the Permanent Identification Number (PIN) you received in order to carry out your licensing work, whether it is with one car or more than one car registered in your name. This can be accomplished by visiting the RTA customer service center, registering by submitting your personal details, and receiving a Permanent Identification Number (PIN). It is important to remember that once your representative has visited the office with the PIN, the PIN will expire and a new “Personal Appearance Service” will be required in order to obtain a new PIN.
Check out the list of the top ten locations to have your automobile polished in Dubai. Automobile registration can be renewed online or offline using the procedures outlined above. It is important to note that if your car was purchased lately, it will be exempt from testing for a period of two years.
Vehicle registration and licensing to cost more in the UAE
Abu Dhabi is a city in the United Arab Emirates. According to a decree issued in the official gazette, a new unified federal pricing structure for vehicle registration and testing, as well as driver licensing, has gone into force across the country. The federal order referring to the new car license costs, which was issued by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, went into effect on December 1, 2017.
30 for 2017 on October 4, which was published in the most recent edition of the official federal gazette.
Click here for the full list
To ensure that the decision is put into effect, all fees associated with car registration and testing, as well as driver licenses, have been updated. As a result of the amended price structure, light vehicle owners will now be required to pay Dh400 for the first time registration and Dh350 for renewal, compared to Dh250 before in Dubai for registration. The cost of changing ownership is Dh350, while the cost of re-registration is Dh400. Similar fees are placed on those who register to use public transportation as well.
Fees for filing a traffic file for a driving license have also been increased as part of the revamped structure, and will now cost Dh200.
The cost of transferring a driving license from another nation to the UAE, when applicable, is Dh600 per license.
21 of 1995. It is anticipated that the enhanced costs would be paid in addition to service charges and other associated fees levied by various agencies in the several emirates.
How to register a car in the UAE
Have you recently purchased a new or used automobile in the United Arab Emirates? After that, it’s time to get everything ready to hit the highway. As always, we’re happy to provide you with a guidance on how to register a car in the United Arab Emirates. If you’re purchasing a new automobile, the dealer will handle all of this for you, or at the very least will guide you throughout the process. Similarly, pre-owned autos purchased from a car dealership are a good investment. You may register your car in the United Arab Emirates via many methods, all of which are detailed here.
How to register a car in the UAE yourself
The following documents will be required for registration:
- Old registration card/Mulkiya (for used cars only)
- Emirates ID (original and/or copy)
- Insurance policy (original)
- Previous registration card/Mulkiya (for previous automobile only)
- No original vehicle passing paper is necessary for automobiles three years old or newer. If the vehicle is financed through a bank, a NOC as well as documentation from the financial institution (in their original form)
Please keep in mind that if one or both license plates are missing, you will need to get a police report before re-registering your vehicle. Note 2: Hours of operation are subject to vary on public holidays. Please double-check that you have everything listed above before proceeding to the registration office. Photocopies of the documents can be made at the registration office for a fee of one or two AED per page. Once you’ve collected all of the necessary documentation, it’s time to proceed to the registration center.
Visitors to Dubai may visit the Dubai Traffic Department, Tasjeel Eppco, Shamil Emarator, and Belhasa Wasel, to name a few places.
Residents of Sharjah may travel toTasjeelThose who live in the UAE’s capital can travel to this location.
The hours of operation differ from Emirate to Emirate; however, Tasjeel and Wasel Belhasa car testing facilities in Dubai are open 24 hours a day.
Step by step guide to register your car
- Obtain a registration number and complete the necessary documents
- After you’ve completed the form and your number has been called, you’ll need to turn in all of your documentation and paperwork. Amounts owed to the former owner must be paid back in full. This is not necessary for renewal unless there has been aSalik breach
- Nonetheless, Your automobile will be handed a registration card (mulkiya) once all of this has been accomplished and the vehicle has passed the inspection. Along with that, you’ll receive a set of license plates as well as a sticker indicating when your license will be renewed again. Attach the license plates to your car and the date sticker to the back plate, then drive out into the sunset with your family.
What does it all cost?
- AED 400 for the first time registration (only for new cars)
- Renewal of a light vehicle costs AED 350
- A technical inspection costs AED 150 (plus AED 50 if the vehicle needs to be re-inspected)
- And a roadside assistance fee of AED 100. It costs AED 10 to obtain a sticker
- AED 20 to obtain a knowledge/innovation fee
- AED 20 to obtain a late fee (charged monthly)
Please keep in mind that the sticker given must be applied to the back license plate.
How to register a car in the UAE Online
It is possible to register your car online in some Emirates, such as Dubai, which has its own website, and Abu Dhabi, which has its own e-service portal, which can be accessed through theAbu Dhabi Police e-service portal. Documents necessary for online registration include: Once your order has been placed and paid for, the website will ask for your delivery address so that the mulkiya and sticker may be sent to you. The prices for enrolling online are the same as those for registering in person.
Car registering concierge
Residents of Abu Dhabi can also hire someone to do the full process on their behalf for a fee of AED 349. Simply schedule an appointment on their website, and they will pick up your car from your home and deliver it back to you after the vehicle registration process has been completed. This organization also has a presence in Dubai. Alternatively, your technician can register your car on your behalf and transfer all of the necessary documentation into your possession. This is effective in the United Arab Emirates.
Number plates and sizes
When it comes to license plates, Dubai residents have a variety of options. All Dubai license plates are written in English by default, although Arabic plates can be ordered upon request. In Dubai, there are two sizes available: short and long, which cost AED 420 and AED 470, respectively, depending on the length. New Dubai logo plates are available for an extra AED 25 for short plates and AED 35 for long plates, depending on the length of the plate. Other emirates have also introduced new license plate designs that include brilliant colors.
VIP plates are available for purchase for a cost, and once acquired, they become your property. They are available for purchase through the RTA or at auction, with prices ranging from AED 250 to AED 52.2 million, depending on the model.
The insurance policy is good for 13 months, although the car registration is only valid for twelve months. A punishment of AED 20 per month is imposed for renewing a vehicle after the 12-month term has expired (in Dubai). After a registration period has expired in Abu Dhabi, there is a 30-day grace period in effect. When a vehicle fails the mandatory registration renewal test, this is done to guarantee that any necessary mechanical maintenance may be completed before the vehicle can be registered again.
Driving an unregistered car in the UAE
Just don’t do it. Driving an unregistered car on public roads in a rural area is against the law and can put you in serious legal trouble. Even if there are no police officers present, the cameras and smart boards installed around the UAE can identify your license plate and determine whether or not your registration is legitimate. If the grace period has expired in Abu Dhabi, it is prohibited to drive the vehicle, and violators will be fined AED 500 (minimum), receive four black points, and have their vehicle detained for seven days.
After that, the car will be seized and immobilized.
Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, and Ajman are all locations where Dubicars provides new and used cars for sale.
Car Registration Renewal Fee – Renew My Car Registration
Prices for automobiles registered in Dubai*
|RTA FEE||RTA Vehicle Testing||170|
|RTA Car Registration Renewal (valid for one year)||380|
|renewmycarregistration.comService Fee – Dubai||We pick up your beloved car and put it through RTA testing, then complete the Registration process. This package also includes handling your traffic fines, assisting in obtaining a good Insurance rate and a Car Drop-Off service||300|
Price list for automobiles registered in Abu Dhabi
|RTA FEE||RTA Vehicle Testing||170|
|RTA Car Registration Renewal (valid for one year)||350|
|renewmycarregistration.comService Fee – Abu Dhabi||We pick up your beloved car and put it through RTA testing, then complete the Registration process. This package also includes handling your traffic fines, assisting in obtaining a good Insurance rate and a Car Drop-Off service||300|
*Please keep in mind that we have recently included Abu Dhabi and that our website is currently being modified. As a result, for the time being, when you schedule an appointment in Abu Dhabi, the costs in Dubai will remain appear on the booking confirmation page and email. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Car Registration Renewal in Dubai: Step By Step Guide
A driving license is not the only document that must be current, legitimate, and in good working order in order for you to drive your favorite automobile in the United Arab Emirates. It is equally crucial to have a current vehicle registration. Any generic vehicle registration must be updated on a yearly basis, which may appear to be a burden at first glance. However, if the deadline of your automobile registration renewal is approaching, there is no need to be concerned because car registration renewal in Dubai is a simple process.
The Roads and Transportation Authority (RTA) provides all automobile owners with a diverse selection of options from which to choose.
RTA Rules on Car Registration Renewal
The Road and Transportation Authority (RTA) of the Government of Dubai has established a set of rules for the registration of automobiles and the renewal of automobile registrations. Every vehicle must be properly registered at all times, and the owners are responsible for renewing the registration before the grace period expires. Obviously, there will be a potential consequence for those who register after the deadline; however, this will be in addition to the standard registration price.
Briefly stated, it is critical that you renew your vehicle registration on time in order to prevent incurring any late penalties or fines. If you are driving and do not have a legal registration and physical documentation of the same, you may be subject to fines depending on the scenario.
Fine For Non-Renewal of Car Registration
People who are caught driving a car with an expired registration face a fine of AED 400 as well as four black points being added to their driving record, according to the road traffic legislation. Additionally, if the vehicle’s registration had lapsed more than three months previously, it might be held for seven days. Even if the vehicle does not have any outstanding penalties against it, there is a good risk that it will be confiscated if it does not have a current registration.
Car Registration Renewal Dubai Grace Period
Every vehicle in the United Arab Emirates is given a grace period of 30 days following the expiration of the preceding registration. Typically, automobile registrations are good for a total of 12 months from the date of purchase. This implies that your insurance will be valid for a total of 13 months, beginning with the purchase date and ending with the expiration of the grace period. The insurance will be good for a total of 13 months. During this grace period, you are permitted to drive the vehicle and treat it as if it were a regular insurance term.
What is the Vehicle Registration Renewal Fee?
According to the RTA, the charge for renewing a car registration in Dubai and the UAE is AED 350. As far as the registration-related cost is concerned, if you renew your vehicle registration before the expiration of the grace period, these are the only charges you will have to pay. If the registration of the vehicle lapsed more than a year ago, the fees for re-registration or renewal of the registration of the vehicle would be AED 400 per vehicle, per year. These fees are only applicable to light public/private vehicles weighing less than 3 tonnes in total weight.
Car Registration Renewal Dubai Late Fee
Whenever you renew your automobile registration after the grace period has expired, you will be charged a late fee of AED 25 in addition to the regular registration renewal amount in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. The AED 25 penalties will continue to accrue with each passing month on top of the standard automobile registration renewal charge, and will eventually reach AED 500. Find out more about Third Party Automobile Insurance.
How To Renew Car Registration
The procedures for renewing an automobile registration in Dubai are rather straightforward. All that is required is that you pay any outstanding penalties against the vehicle and submit an application for vehicle registration renewal through the RTA. The stages required in renewing an automobile registration in Dubai are as follows, and they are explained in more detail below:
1. Pay Fines
First and foremost, you must make certain that your car does not have any outstanding penalties on it. If there are any outstanding traffic penalties, you must pay them first before proceeding any further.
You may do this either by visiting the RTA’s official website or by downloading the RTA Dubai app on your mobile device. However, if you have any black points against your driving record, you will need to visit the police station to get them removed before you can register your vehicle.
2. Getting Your Car Tested
For the first two years after purchase, new vehicles are exempt from the test. As a result, every new automobile will be able to take advantage of the twenty-four-month test-free period. In order to obtain the ‘passed certificate,’ you will need to take your vehicle to one of the RTA or ADNOC automotive testing centers for evaluation. The main purpose of this test is to ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy, which includes checking that your vehicle’s steering, tyres, brakes, chassis, suspension systems, and chassis attachments are all in working order.
The test is valid for thirty days after it is completed.
As a result, you will be required to pay the test expenses once more.
3. How to Renew Car Registration Online
After you have successfully tested your vehicle and completed all of the necessary documentation, you can quickly renew your vehicle registration online from the convenience of your own home. All you have to do is go to the RTA’s official website or download the RTA Dubai App to get started. In order to progress with your application, you will be required to produce valid proof of UAE residency as well as proof of automobile coverage. After that, you’ll need to choose your car and pay the servicing charge, which is AED 350 for all light vehicles in the fleet.
If you want to drive your vehicle outside of the UAE, make a printout of your e-registration card and carry it with you at all times.
4. Vehicle Registration Renewal via Offline Methods
If you like, you may also complete your renewal the old-fashioned manner, which is to say, in person. The only thing you have to do is go to one of the registration centers mentioned in your country and submit an application for automobile registration renewal. Once your vehicle has been examined and authorized for renewal, you will receive your new registration documentation as well as a new registration sticker with an extended expiration date, which will be mailed to you. The sticker should be placed on the car’s rear number plate, and you’re good to go.
Documents Required for Car Registration Renewal
For the purpose of renewing your automobile registration, you will need to gather the following documentation:
- Identification card from the UAE
- Driving license
- Auto insurance policy that has been renewed
- Old registration card
- Car test certificate (which should state that your car has passed the test successfully)
Popular Car Brands Insurance
|Honda Car Insurance||Toyota Car Insurance||BMW Car Insurance|
When To Renew Car Registration Dubai
The best time to begin the process of renewing your vehicle’s registration is immediately following the expiration of the vehicle’s first 12-month registration period. While new cars are exempt from the condition test for the first three years, older vehicles will be required to undergo the test after that time period. If a fault is discovered in the automobile during the test, you will be required to get it fixed immediately after the test. Then you will be needed to retake the exam and continue the process until you have the automobile test certificate required for the renewal of your vehicle’s license plate number.
If you decide to renew your registration only a few days before the grace period expires, you may find yourself in hot water if you do not act quickly.
As a result, it is preferable to complete the process before the start of the grace period in order to prevent any potential complications. Understand the Difference Between Gap Insurance and Comprehensive Car Insurance – An Overview
Vehicle Registration Renewal Abu Dhabi
Renewal of vehicle registration in Abu Dhabi may be completed at a number of authorized locations and online. When it comes to renewing your automobile registration, you may either utilize the Ministry of Interior’s renewal webpage or visit one of the Happiness Service Centers that have been recognized by the Ministry of Interior. The renewal of vehicle registration is also available through the Abu Dhabi Police web page. When renewing your automobile registration in Abu Dhabi, you will need to take your vehicle to one of the ADNOC vehicle inspection centers to get it examined.
Where To Renew Car Registration in Dubai
Visit the RTA website to renew your car registration online in Dubai, or visit one of the RTA Customer Happiness Centers for help with your vehicle registration. Renewals of Dubai automobile registrations are also permitted by the UAE Ministry of Interior, although the charge will be AED 400 rather than the standard AED 350. For RTA automobile registration renewal, you may also contact RTA call centers, or you can visit one of the testing centers, such as Mumayaz, Shamil, Tasjeel, or Wasel vehicle testing centers, for assistance.
By following the procedures outlined above, you will be able to simply renew your vehicle registration in Dubai. Also, remember to keep track of the expiration date of your vehicle’s registration as well as the one-month grace period, or you may be subject to a steep fine. However, it is extremely necessary to renew your auto insurance coverage on a yearly basis, since failing to do so would result in you being unable to legally drive your vehicle on the roads of the UAE. So, to avoid any inconvenience, be sure to renew your car registration and auto insurance in Dubai on time.
How to renew your car registration online in Dubai
The Smart City Program is a government-led initiative that aims to improve the quality of services while welcoming digitization with open arms. The Roads and Transport Authority, or RTA, is solely responsible for providing online automobile registration and renewal services, in addition to the other approximately seven services made available by the initiation. As a result, the procedure of renewing a car registration will be much more straightforward and efficient! With the same amount of enthusiasm, allow us to inform you of the simple actions to follow in order to renew your automobile registration without any problem.
Settle Your Traffic fines
To begin the online automobile registration procedure, you must first pay any outstanding traffic penalties that may have accrued. If you have a smartphone, you may do this using the RTA Dubai app or the Dubai Now app. Simply enter your car registration information, and the system will calculate the fine details you will be required to pay. Fines and black points that have been blocked can only be paid at car registration centers.
Renew Your Car Insurance
If you want to renew your car registration, your vehicle insurance policy must be active for at least twelve months.
Once the insurance is reinstated, it will be updated on the RTA site in a short period of time, and you will be able to finish the process of renewing your vehicle’s registration.
Steps to do online car registration in Dubai
Visit the RTA website or download the RTA Dubai Drive app, search for the “Car car registration” option, and then complete the four procedures outlined below:
- Attempt to locate your car
- Select the manner of delivery that you like. Confirm the plate number and the Emirate with the driver. Make the payment using your credit card.
To begin the online registration procedure, first navigate to the “RTA services” option after downloading and launching the app. From there, pick “My Vehicles” on the dashboard and then “Renew Vehicle” to begin the process. You will be needed to provide the necessary information about your cars, following which a confirmation page will display, which will include information on your vehicles and insurance. Before applying for your vehicle license renewal, please make sure that your automobile insurance has been updated as well as your driver’s license.
- Using automobile rental services in the United Arab Emirates means that the car rental business is responsible for renewing the vehicle’s license on your behalf.
- You can, on the other hand, complete this procedure using the official website of the RTA Dubai.
- Vehicle testing in Dubai has a few important considerations.
- However, if your car is more than three years old, it is required to have it tested at one of the RTA-approvedcar testing facilities, which are conveniently located around the city so that you may select one that is convenient for you.
- Also keep in mind that there is a price for the testing that must be paid as well.
- As soon as the automobile passes the test, the results are promptly posted to the RTA database, and you may proceed with the car registration process online from there.
- In such situation, you may contact one of these car inspection centers to inquire about if they provide a premium service that includes picking up your vehicle from your location, performing all of the necessary testing, and returning it to you with the results of the testing.
- You may renew your automobile registration by going to the Ministry of Interior website or downloading the MOI UAE mobile application.
How much does it cost to renew a car registration?
In Dubai, it costs AED 380 to renew your car registration using the online approach, and the registration is only good for one year.
Additional fees, such as an AED 25 courier cost, must be paid in addition to the above. In addition, you are excused from paying any vehicle technical inspection costs for the next three months, which are estimated to cost around AED 170.
What if my car registration has expired?
When you have a car registration that has expired, you have a grace period of 30 days to ensure that your car registration renewal is completed before this extension period expires in order to prevent any fines or fees. Let’s say you’re unfortunate enough to get caught driving with an expired registration. Your automobile will be impounded for seven days as an additional punishment in the UAE if your registration has expired more than three months ago. You will also be fined in this situation.